This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM16 - Challenge & Photoshoot (9)

Topic » #NTM16 - Challenge &..

1388 days 21 hours ago
Jerard
(and if anyone wants to finish the story, go on....)
1388 days 21 hours ago
Rubes
Oop
1388 days 21 hours ago
spinfur
Do we have to post photos to continue the story? XD
1388 days 18 hours ago
Jerard
No, just the story itself haha so we can actually find ending on those 3 haha.
1388 days 17 hours ago
spinfur
Since no pictures I can really let loose then haha >:)

Rio Sutton [3/4]
The stage was finally set and the epic climax about to happen, Rio was ready to get that award, and he wasn't going to do a simple murder, he's going to give a grandiose murder performance which would show everyone that he deserved the award and not Drew. He set up the cameras, and invited Drew to a little meeting, Rio convinced Drew that this was just a shoot for a new movie concept idea (even though the camera's weren't rolling since Rio isn't psychotic) everything was set up perfect for Drew's murder. Rio even had lines for Drew to say, which reflected reality and show Rio's true jealousy. After doing a little confrontation scene that Rio wrote, Rio took out a hidden knife, Drew thinking is was a fake he decided to ham it up a bit, that's when Rio struck, taking Drew's life in a matter of one swing. Drew fell to the ground, and Rio quickly made they're escape.

The character's ending:

Devon Finley:
After saving Drew from the crash, and Drew ended up being murdered before the truth came out, Devon was seen as a hero, and even was invited to speak at Drew's funeral. Sure she hammed it up for everyone, but Devon did have the last moment of compassion for Drew that like time she saw her at the accident. Devon decided to follow into Drew's footsteps to win that award for Drew, or really for herself as she was finally free to do what she wanted without her twin getting in the way. They decided to make an extra award called the Drew Finnley award which Devon ended up winning during the following year. Devon was taking the death of her twin, and abusing it to it's fullest, Devon could care less about Drew but now he's dead she could finally shine.

Rio Sutton:
It was found out that Rio was the murderer after a quick investigation, and he was promptly sent to jail for life with no chance at bail. To murder someone just for a stupid trophy? It was honestly an open and shut case, and in fact Drew still won the award but it was given to his parents, so no matter what Rio would have lost. Rio now sits in jail regretting the days of putting on that little show, and ending his best friends life, but he has to admit, it was one hell of a show, and it would make one great movie in the making.

Joey Ambrose:
After learning about the affair, and realizing that another girl was receiving the role in Drew's film, she was mad oh she was, but after his death she felt empty. She didn't tell Drew how she felt, and it left a pit in her stomach. She didn't truly tell Drew I love you, or her true feelings about anything really anything about it. Her speech at Drew's funeral probably made the most people cry, and eventually she had to transfer schools to start fresh, she no longer wanted to be an actress, she actually wanted to be a forensic analysis as she had a brain under her beauty, and she was going to make sure if something like Drew's situation happened again, she would find the scumbag who did it.

(This was the best i could do sorry if its somewhat messy I try to take parts from everyone who posted)
1388 days 16 hours ago
tswiftlover13
OMG DRAKE!!! I love that!!!!!
1388 days 8 hours ago
Rubes
Drake what a king!!!
1387 days 1 hour ago
bambinoswag
[[Judge Augusta's Critiques]]

Devon Part 1 (Xi) --> I think that you definitely embody some of the mystique of being the "unknown twin" of Drew, and I absolutely love your coat and facial expression / looking behind you in fear of someone discovering you. It's not groundbreaking, but it's another solid submission from you. The story didn't take me into the "amazing" category tbh.

Devon Part 2 (Caroline) --> While I love your story and you did a great job conveying a probable cause for killing Drew, I think that your photo is a bit too fashionable for someone about to commit a murder. You do have somewhat of a menacing facial expression, but it's a bit too pouty high fashion for this setting. Love your styling though and the backdrop can work for a "waiting in the shadows mentality." So I guess I warmed up to it as time went on...

Devon Part 3 (Ajak) --> I mean this is just simply a work of art. Your story perfectly portrays the photo, which is an visually amazing and compelling. You even nailed the identical twin aspect somehow. This is what I want to see as a judge. I have nothing really that I can or want to critique, as everything is perfect in my eyes. Masterpiece. 10.

Rio Part 1 (Jacob) --> I think that the story blurb you wrote about Rio's character development really elevated this photo for me. I think that there is this thick layer of menacing over the photo which adds some suspense for me. It's a little gritty, and while usually I don't like that in photos, it works here. I like this. :)

Rio Part 2 (Jason) --> I loooove your face in this Jason and it totally gives me "I just decided how I'm going to kill Drew" vibes. Besides that, it's just okay for me. The styling is kind of cool, but there's just nothing too exciting in this photo. It's tough now being down to 6 you really gotta stand out or you risk being sent home for being just "good."

Joey Part 1 (Naty) --> Wow Naty you look absolutely amazing here, and there's this degree of maturity in your photo that I haven't seen before. Something about this draws parallels to Jacob's submission in that there is a layer of menacing, of being up to no good that entices me as a viewer. I think your story was a bit basic, like you could have taken it to another level, but your photo is great.

Joey Part 2 (Joan*) --> I think this is a pretty good submission in a lot of ways. You definitely look deep in thought, about something troubling. Your styling is great. Your face is great. My main issues center around parts of your story not matching here. You said Joey is glancing at Drew seething in jealousy but Joey is just looking into the distance forwards. Also, similar to Caroline, your body is too posy for someone contemplating murder.

Joey Part 3 (Lera*) --> Your story is a bit short, and doesn't seem to talk about the actual murder (which was supposed to be the instruction for part 3), but just looking at the photo itself, it looks a little like a cheesy prom style photo. I'm not a fan of the dress, but your face is actually quite pretty. Arm is a bit too obvious posy. I think you have potential though, I see you trying, and you could do better with some extra effort / support if you make it back into the competition :)

TOP TWO = Ajak & Jacob
1387 days 1 hour ago
nikw98
Lenox Tillman's Critiques:
Long time no see models! I know quite a few of you have your opinions of me and honestly, i could care less. I am here to judge you as a model. To pick the best of the bunch, nothing more, nothing less. If you have any qualms or issues with me as an individual, please message me. My mails are always open.

Now onto this week's challenge. This is one that I won. I won this challenge last cycle and it's a very difficult one, so I'm very proud of you all!

Xi- I like this shot, I think it really convey's what you were going for well in your description, which was very well written, and hit every note in terms of what you needed to do with this challenge! Great job!

Jacob- While Xi made it a bit easier for the models after her, i do appreciate you narrowing the character down a bit. It makes Rio seem more real, like he's someone i can get behind. This photo is great. I'm all about vibes of photos along with how professional they look and i think you mix those two elements perfectly here! Side profiles are always a risk, but here, it works a lot! Great job!

Caroline- I see the revenge in this shot, but what it's lacking is how closed off you said she is. This woman seems confident and self assured. If anything, you look like the superior twin in this shot. In any other challenge this photo would be perfect, but because you were playing a character, I'm not sure you quite hit the mark on it. Nonetheless, great photo, good job!

Ajak- I don't mean to sound vulgar, but BITCH. THIS IS HOW YOU WIN THIS CHALLENGE! I was reading your story so anxious to click on the link because i wanted the shot to be as good as the story and boy did you deliver. This was incredible! The shot has so much going on in all of the right ways and i am just shocked at how well you've done this challenge. Fantastic job!

Naty- I'm just... I.. I mean... i. I'm at a loss for words. The last two shots I've judged back to back have been beyond phenomenal. This is how you make your mark on this competition. This is how you win photoshoots. The drama. The emotion. Everything about this is brilliant. I just... Inceredible. The black and white on this shot works perfectly with the vibe you gave and the way you look at the camera is amazing. Incredible job!

Joan- I love that you added who would be Drew in your shot like Ajak did. I like that the photo didn't necessarily have to shine on either model because it was a story that showed two models feeding off of one another. I think you portrayed exactly what you wanted and this is an excellent comeback vying shot! Great job!

Lera- I'm not sure you quite understood the assignment. This shot is nice, I just don't think it's up to par with what everyone else brought. I think it's good.

Jason- I do see what you were going for here, and i think it was executed well. I think this is a solid shot for you and a solid description! Good job!

Top:
Naty
Ajak
Bottom:
None. Fantastic job all!
1386 days 23 hours ago
Rubes
Wow tysm Judge Augusta and Judge Lenox 馃槏 <33
1386 days 23 hours ago
tast519
Jon Kortajarena

Ming Xi         Did Devon kill her own twin? Child. This photo and story have me thinking potentially. They both grab me and this was a fabulous start!

Jacob        Wow. I had to really think about this one and I love it. The story kind of implies that Rio may have killed Drew out of jealousy and the photo reinforces that. Love it.

Caroline        The story is EXCEPTIONAL. I love it. It left me excited. I agree with the other judges that this is perhaps too fashionable to work for the plot, but I love this photo neck up. You look deranged and like you could kill someone!

Ajak        What will Drew think? Girl, I can't wait to find out! This was such a strong story. It not only gave me horror, but it was complex and unexpected. Your photo - stunning, but that's nothing new to you, Ajak. Both shots of you are breathtaking and among some of your strongest photos of the cycle. Great work.

Naty        Your story's so subdued yet interesting. Very well done introduction. I like your photo too. You are definitely waiting for your man! Great job.

Joan        Oh now Joey鈥檚 the potential killer?? https://vevmo.com/sites/default/files/upload/Brenda.gif

Childddd. I was not expecting this! What an interesting turn of events. I love this photo. It may be a bit too modely for the theme, but I still love that your emotion and envy is captured well in this photo  and that鈥檚 it鈥檚 a beautiful picture.

Lera        for someone who's competing to comeback, you should've tried harder imo. This doesn't seem like a great continuity of Joan's story and it kind of makes Joey fall flat as a character. It's a shame since your photo actually shows potential for this kind of theme since you look kind of mischievous.

Jason        WOW. You look the part! I think you did a great job of turning what I thought Rio was going to do into reality.

Tops: Ajak and Jacob
1386 days 23 hours ago
tast519
Jon: I'm so disappointed at Victor and Fernanda not competing. They both had strong shots at coming back :(.
1386 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
JOEY AMBROSE

Naty (Part 1) - You put your story in a really good place, so you've done pretty well for the first chapter. First of all, you look really really beautiful in this shot. Your facial expression really draw my attention and would absolutely draw the attention of the audience as well. The hand positioning was a bit awkward. The black and white filter was a good choice as well, it brought the photo to the next level.

Joan (Part 2) - What a nice way to continue the story and bring up the heat on the character. Your photo looks really good, but somehow it didn't get me that strong connection with the story. I would agree with the judges who saw this as a bit pose-y. But still, I think you did submit a photo, that even though there are two person on that shot, both stands out, sharing the spotlight.'

Lera (Part 3) - This was a bit random for me, not gonna lie. Part 3 is the make it or break it part of the story, and it was your time to definitely shine. Unfortunately it became a little too basic for me. Your photo had a big potential if given the right description, you look beautiful, you sold the purse really well. But the story let you down big time, if you don't have a clue on a task, you could definitely ask.
1386 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
RIO SUTTON

Jacob (Part 1) - You know what, this is just stunning in a different level! The profile looks very balanced. The colors are popping and the look in your eyes, the expression tells that you are not going to stop until you win the award. This has got to be my most favorite shot of you yet. You started your character really well for the next person to take. The photo gives a very horror vibe too, like you are capable of something.

Jason (Part 2) - What a nice way to continue the story, it definitely gave more character to Rio, that he definitely needs to win no matter what. The photo looks really good, matches up to that whole description as well. You are giving me very sinister and creepy vibe. But I believe that this photo would actually work more in a black and white mode. You took Rio in a whole new level.
1386 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
DEVON FINNLEY

Xi (Part 1) - You put the mystery in Devon more, because she's definitely the most mysterious of the three, no one knows what she has in store and you brought that feeling. Not gonna lie, I felt this was a really safe shot, this was one of your weakest shots to date. I do agree that while this photo was good, it is not as groundbreaking as your other shots.

Caroline (Part 2) - First of all, thank you very much for putting an end to the show, it shows how creative you are. Going to your story, it was actually a good way to act up on a murder mystery. Although I got to say, it actually did not match really strongly on how I would perceive your photo by the description. It did not give me much of that intensity.

Ajak (Part 3) - This is the story where the viewers are going to scream, and had their eyes on the screen the whole time. The intensity in your story was really good. And that photo, it's on another level! It is definitely unique in a really good way. It isn't what I expected, but that photo was just beyond. Wow!

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!