This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM16 - Challenge & Photoshoot (8)

Topic » #NTM16 - Challenge &..

1403 days 19 hours ago
Neme91
Jacob Morton Presents Something Like Perfect

When I Walk Into A Room I'd Like All Eyes To Stare
Who Wouldn't Like The Gaze
To Know That There's Something There
To Feel Like The Greatest In The Room
Like Walking Past The Fragrance Of A Perfect Perfume

Yet When I Walk Into A Room Gossips Emerge
Snickers Behind The Camera That So Deliberately Try To Be Heard
When I Have The Passion For Fashion I Shut My Mind Blank
But I'm Not A Fool To Feel The Tug Of A Plank

Not Every Room I Walk Into Wants Me There
Apparently My Muscles Do Not Fare
There's A Checklist I Do Not Meet
Instead Editorial They Say Catalog Best Suits Me

Do You Know What It Feels Like To Be Told No
Even When You Have The Resume To Be Told Otherwise
Have You Ever Tried To Push Yourself To The Limit
Trying To Be What They Need On Paper
Hoping That Would Get You In The Room With The Eyes

If You Have Then You Now Know Of Me
You Know The Struggles The Industry Presents
Yet My Passion Still Stands With A Fire Burnt
And The Urge To Be Something Like Perfect
Will Never Stop Until I Know Those Eyes Gave Me The Approval
And That Room Knows Why I'm There

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3a/90/de/3a90de4aab52769387b53f8c58eacaaf.jpg
1403 days 13 hours ago
turkeylover
׺°”˜`”°º× jason anthony ׺°”˜`”°º×

Our chemical hearts
Your kiss is sweet yet tart
We met over a gin and tonic
But our love will always be toxic
Yet I hope we never part

While together, we shine, a shimmer
When you touch me, I feel a quiver
But you push me away, I wish I was allowed in
Without you, I gasp for air, like I’m drownin’
You’re gone and my tears flow like a river

https://fashionablymale.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Jason-Anthony-for-DaMan-Magazine7.jpg
1403 days 13 hours ago
Rubes
Ajak Deng Photoshoot

https://adsdiaspora.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/ajak-deng-fashion-hauler4.png?w=425&h=450&crop=1

“Never Look Back”

My mother always told me,
To follow who I want to be
That there will be days of victory,
But those daunting days of misery
Look to the future and not the past,
Or you’ll never be able to outlast

My mother always told me,
You will find that hidden key
But to do so you must never look back,
That wall that you place so high will begin to crack
Good decisions will lead you to a good track,
But to do so you must never look back
1403 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1403 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
Props to everyone for doing a masterpiece poems in just 24 HOURS. Job well done!
1403 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
And with that, I'd like to share that this week's best photo and the first runner-up is going to appear on the Model Division Magazine August 2020 issue.
1403 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
I will be seeing you on July 23, 7 PM EST for the panel. Goodluck! x
1402 days 10 hours ago
tast519
Jon Kortajarena
_

Ming Xi        Wow! You look so emotional and warn out just like your poem indicates. I think this was an overall great job. I also like how your poem seemed like it came from the heart.

Fernanda        The photo’s pretty and your poem’s pretty good, but they fail to compliment each other in my opinion. As a result, none of them exactly captivate me.

Naty        This looks exactly what you described at the end of the poem and you look so beautiful in both photos. I love it!

Caroline        Ooh. Your poem is amazing. I felt you there! And, both photos go hand in hand. The first one is absolutely stunning. Great job.

Jacob        Jacob, first of all, let me just say that my heart goes out to you! I can tell you took a lot of time writing that first poem, and I have tremendous respect for you to still take the time to write a non-half-assed second poem.

As for your poem, wow. I love it. It seemed so relatable and I think of the poems so far, it did the best job of grabbing me. Your photo is also a vulnerable one that, while it may not have worked as a photo without the poem, goes extremely well with the poem.

Jason        Wow. I usually don't like the lovey-dovey poems, but this one has a lot of passion and has me engaged in both your poem and your photo. Job well done

Ajak        Ajak, I liked your poem. It was short and flowed so well. You also look beautiful and determined to apply the lessons your mother taught you. I don't think this was your strongest week though since you always do amazing.
1402 days 10 hours ago
tast519
My top 3: Jacob, Ming Xi, and Naty
1402 days ago
bambinoswag
[[Augusta's Critiques]]

Xi - Well first off, I think you wrote quite a nice poem! And your photoshoot is able to portray your poem (mostly) in that I do see some pain / exhaustion behind your shot. My critique would be that it's a bit too glamorous for someone who has lost their sanity. Overall, I think you look quite good, but I'm not like blown out of the water.

Fernanda - I actually really like your poem and the theme about moving on from a prior relationship and being happy about the future. Unfortunately, your photo doesn't seem to match what you're saying in terms of what past, present, or future Fernanda would look like. I do like how your eyes are looking at something in the distance, which could be your past lover. But this is a miss for me :|

Naty - So it's funny... I'm actually not a huge fan of your poem (it's a bit basic) but your photos are so strong in reflecting it and you look amazing. In particular, I love your first submission as it is telling me a story of a woman who goes out and has a lot of one night stands, regrets them, but continues on that same path. Your face is giving me this dead inside vibe that really ties it all together. And your styling is amazing. Excellent!

Caroline - Well you've been surprising me lately about your improving performance, and I think this week is another example! I enjoy your poem and how you structured this idea of innocence & villainy (and all that falls in between). I think your first photo is clearly stronger at straddling this idea. The whole "biting the poison apple idea" is a little overplayed, but you've really elevated it for me with your styling and facial expression. I'm becoming more impressed by you.

Jacob - I'm glad you stuck with this theme about feeling inadequate in the competition / modeling world due to being thin as a male model... it shows that you took this photoshoot to heart. The shot itself for me is pretty good, like it definitely goes with your poem and I think your face is divine here. And the cropped shirt to show off the features (thin arms / thin torso) that make you feel insecure really shows an extra layer of thought. Good work!

Jason - I think your poem might have been my favorite! Definitely conveys a clear point and is concise, and I loved the gin and tonic line. I really love your photo submission too like I can see the pain on your face of losing someone you love. You brought up a lot of water-related imagery in your poem that I can see reflected in your photo. You've been very cerebral in your photoshoots lately and know that the judges do see it. :)

Ajak - This is just okay for me. I would have liked to see more from your poem reflected in your submission, like elements of a key / referencing a maternal figure. I do see this element of inner reflection and thought, especially with how your fingers are positioned though. I do think you look fabulous and will always deliver a pleasing photo to the judging eye. But at this stage in the competition, your competitors who I thought were way behind you are catching up, so don't slip.

TOP TWO --> Naty & Caroline
1401 days 22 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

Ming Xi: I agree, Ming, you were spot on with the emotional side of things. I agree with Judge Augusta; this poem didn't completely blow me away with the connection between the two, but it does seem like you wrote your own poem, which is great.

Fernanda Ly: Fernanda, your poem was really good, but I don't see the connection between your poem and photo.

Naty Chabanenko : Naty, I like your poem, and both of your photos illustrate what you are saying in your poem. I can't even say one photo is stronger or weaker than the other one because both are amazing and showcases what you're saying in the poem.

Caroline Trentini: I like the mysterious dark and light theme you have with your poem. I like both of your photos, but I believe the first one is the best, and if we were to choose a picture for the poem, that would be the one I wanted.

Jacob Morton: Jacob, I agree there's a "checklist," as you say that comes with being a male model. The outfit you chose showcased the flaws you talked about, and overall I think you did an excellent job with your poems and photo.

Jason Anthony: I love the connections within your poem. I believe you were straight to the point, which is great in some cases. As for the poem and photo, you did an outstanding job. I think you hit all the points you made in your poem in the picture so great job Jason.

Ajak Deng: Ajak, I agree with Judge Augusta. The poem you presented was amazing; however, your photo doesn't reflect your poem that much. Ajak, you are giving amazing photos week after week, but if there is no clear explanation between your photo and the theme, it doesn't matter how good the picture is.

Top 3: Naty Chabanenko, Caroline Trentini, Jason Anthony
1401 days 22 hours ago
coolKat
Well I would explain my photo but it seems all to late for that feat. But I’ll do it anyways.

In the photo I have a bruise on my nose showing that the relationship I was in wasn’t a good one. My face is a look of sort of happiness and sort of confusion as I’m finally free from the relationship but I don’t know what to do as I haven’t been free for quite some time. Sorry if it didn’t come off that way but that’s what I was getting from said photo
1401 days 20 hours ago
bambinoswag
No need to apologize!! You are all great models, and I personally appreciate when you models give more detail. Unfortunately, the bruise coloring makes it come off more as makeup than anything else... especially since it matches the whole color scheme of the photo.
1401 days 20 hours ago
Brandonh1
Yess^^
1401 days 20 hours ago
Rubes
Me when both Aline and I are going this week LMAO

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!