This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM16 - Challenge & Photoshoot (6)

Topic » #NTM16 - Challenge &..

1399 days 3 hours ago
Jerard
I'll be seeing you on July 11, 6:00 PM EST for the panel.
1398 days 19 hours ago
tast519
Jon Kortajarena
__

Aline        This gives the overall vibe of the show well and I like how stoic yet in motion you look. I wish you would’ve portrayed a specific character though since that was the assignment. Overall, this is another great photo from you.

Naty        This is an interesting one. You look futuristic and I think you match the description pretty well.

Ming Xi        This is striking! You look like you're bringing the sex appeal, but at the same time looking like an alpha female. You embody someone who's sexy, confident, and fierce very well.

Jacob        I love how behind the seemingly lavish look you have, you still look down. This matches your description to a T and quite frankly, your description makes me wanna give the Elites a shot. Not only that, but this is one of your best fashion photos in this competition. Great job.

Joan        I have to disagree with Garrett here. This photo hits differently since I'm a huge You fan. I'm scared for whoever you're Joe Goldberging and that's a great thing. That means you portrayed Joe impeccably. Job well done.

Caroline        You look mysterious and like you're just a sad person and that's kind of how Clay was throughout the show. I think all of that in addition to your softness and piercing eyes just make this a stunning photo. Good job.

Fernanda        I can kind of see what you're going for and I think this photo captures that well, but it's a bit of a stretch. My bigger issue is that this photo fails to standout compared to the rest of the bunch since you're just sitting there and not doing much of anything. I think you can do better than this.

Jason        I kind of struggled with judging because your description didn’t give me much to go off of, but after researching the show, I got it. I like the photo, but it’s not amazing.

Robbie        You had the same issue with Aline with not portraying a specific character. I love the way the light is hitting your face and your eyes, but I wish you did more since the Glow characters I’ve seen seem to have strong personalities and standout expressions.  As of now, you seem more like a beauty model than an all around top model.

Ajak        You do a good job of capturing the demon and human combo and I like the angel. I feel like there’s something missing a bit though.

My top 2: Joan and Jacob
My bottom 2: Fernanda and Robbie
1398 days 17 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

Aline Weber: I'm not too sure what specific character you chose to use from Money Heist; however, I do see the overall inspiration with this photo to the plot of the show.

Naty Chabanenko: I like this photo but not with this particular photo shoot. The whole teleporting vibe isn't standing out as much as I would like for it since it's the central concept you are trying to illustrate with Boy #5. I see hints of masculinity with your facial, but that's about it. The outfit doesn't completely demonstrate masculine to me.

Ming Xi: Ming, This is a nice shot; I see that "sex appeal" you're illustrating here in your shot as Star Davis. I think from the outfit to the pose and body language; it showcases sex appeal.

Ajak Deng: Ajak, There is so much to look at in this photo, which in this case isn't a bad thing. I see the hints of Lucifer in your shot. I'm personally not a massive fan of the headpiece, but it does help the showcasing the overall theme. The shadows behind you also added that extra element to this shot of some big monster not too sure if that was intentional, but I like it.

Jacob Morton: Jacob, I think this was a fairly solid shot. I won't say it blew me away because it didn't, BUT you did what was asked in portraying a character, and your explanation shows the characters.

Joan Smalls: Joan, I don't see the connection between your explanation of the show and your photo itself. In my head, I was picturing something different as you talked about being on a mission to remove people, but with your picture, I'm not getting that same vibe at all. I tried reading the explanation multiple times to try and see it, but I couldn't.

Caroline Trentini: I can see the hints of depression and darkness here in your shot. I do think the painted background threw it all a little, but I see the overall picture here.

Fernanda Ly: Like what I said about Jason's shot, this shot doesn't blow me away, but I do see where you were going, and your explanation matches your photo.

Jason Anthony: Jason, This shot was actually good! I definitely see the dark "eerie" theme you're going with to portray Steven. I actually think you made it look a lot better than your inspiration, so overall, this was a good shot.

Robbie Beisser: I do think you were at a disadvantage as you took basically what was left. I don't think this shot is the best referring to your explanation with the neon aesthetic I don't see that here. I do think this shot would've been better if maybe you focused on the physicality side, not specifically wrestling necessarily but showcasing actively doing something and connected it that way to Glow or what was asked, which was a specific character on Glow.

Garrett's Top 3 In No Particular Order:
- Ming Xi
- Ajak Deng
- Jason Anthony
1398 days 17 hours ago
nateclove
*Lizzo walks in wearing a plague doctor mask just to be on the safe side and sits next to Jon*

Lizzo Jefferson:
Hi again everyone! I'm super excited to judge you tonight. Much like the challenge, most of you slayed my life while others did well... but is it well enough to stay? I guess we'll see!

Before we begin I just wanna share the photo I won FCO with when we had TV Series Week on Cycle 14 because I love attention!

https://im3.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-3-8957bcf80a88.gif

Now, let's get into my comments!

♡ Aline Weber (kaylee21) - Let me just start off by saying you're giving off major bad bitch energy in this picture which is always a plus for me! You're also managing to be the star of the photo even though someone is there with you. On the flip side, you didn't choose any character from the show nor did you explain how the picture relates to that character, which is what the photoshoot was all about.

♡ Naty Chabanenko (tswiftlover13) - Portraying a superpower in a picture is definitely a very risky task (I would know, since we had a superpower-themed challenge on All Stars), but I feel like this picture paid off well for you! Even though you're not on the floor you're still managing to pose and serve face. My one negative critique is I'm not sure if the picture gives me teleportation, more so levitation.

♡ Ming Xi (humanwebjet1) - Honey, imma tell you right now that you snappedt. It was very smart of you to use your challenge win to your advantage, and it paid off well. The picture is oozing sex appeal and the lighting is dark and moody just like the tone of the show you're describing. Star is quite a fitting name for your picture, I'd say.

♡ Ajak Deng (Rubes) - C'mon Ms. Deng give us high-fashion, editorial Lucifer realness! The attention to detail in this picture is stunning, especially with the claws and the different-colored shadows behind you. Also props to you for not letting that big ass headpiece outshine you.

♡ Jacob Morton (Neme91) - I did not expect a three-paragraph essay on any show on the list, but props to you for doing that! As for the picture, I was shook when a picture of you wearing a private school uniform showed up! The atmosphere of the picture and the facial expression also display emotional turmoil so good job there.

♡ Joan Smalls (RainbowKing) - Your dress is fab here and I certainly have to commend you for serving some fierce facial expression. I'm not sure this picture is the best representation of your character but on the bright side the way the picture is shot it can be interpreted as you stalking someone, so good job there! Much like Fernanda, I do wish the picture stood out more amongst the rest of your competitors though, since it does feel a bit safe to me.

♡ Caroline Trentini (spinfur) - I'm impressed, Caroline. This entire picture is dark and depressing, much like the show 13 Reasons Why. I also love your pose here. On the flip side, I'm not the biggest fan of the hairstyle and I do wish your facial expression was more emotional or dark but I do like the detail of your one eye staring directly into the camera. Good job!

♡ Fernanda Ly (coolKat) - I'll start off by saying in terms of the show, I can see what you were explaining, such as the normal clothes paired the troubled facial expression. On the flip side, much like my critique for Joan, I wish there was something else about the picture that could help you stand out amongst the other models.

♡ Jason Anthony (turkeylover) - I actually really like this photo, Jason. The picture itself matches the dark atmosphere of the show and you're definitely giving me a professional vibe with the outfit, plus it does match your reference picture, which is good.

♡ Robbie Beeser (PennyTrationStan) - Starting with the positives, this picture is definitely giving me 80s vibes and your expression is super cute and fun! However, much like Aline, you didn't follow the task of choosing a main character from the show and portraying that character in your picture, which is unfortunate.

*Lizzo takes a deep breath after she finishes speaking.*

Lizzo:
"Well, since my week of guest judging is through now, I do wish you all the best in the future episodes! Good luck, everyone."
1398 days 16 hours ago
Rubes
Thanks for the amazing judging this week Lizzo <33 😍😍
1398 days 16 hours ago
coolKat
Welp looks like I missed the mark again :/
1398 days 16 hours ago
humanwebjet1
*cheers*

Ming: Thank you Lizzo!!
1398 days 16 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Aline (Money Heist) - I think your photo was good, you are equally sharing the spotlight with your co-model. You are giving me this major girl protagonist vibe who's definitely ready to fight. But again, I do wish you would have put a character you took an inspiration of since it was the main of the goal of the challenge, and also so we would have made a further connection with it.

Naty (The Umbrella Academy) - You did your research, I'm happy for that. Now, I think the series you picked is definitely one of the hardest in the bunch. While I think the connection wasn't strong enough like the other's submission, your photo was really really strong, actually one of my favorite photos of you. I see where you are going through, but it didn't connect fully enough to me.

Xi (Star) - I haven't heard of this series yet, but I am glad you posted such because I must definitely consider watching it. First of all, this submission is definitely your best one yet,  the message this photo gives is very strong and impactful. I see passion, desire, confidence, and a story. And I love how the littlest of things still connects to the show. Wonderful job!

Ajak (Lucifer) - Well who did a TV series connection in a high fashion editorial way? You. I love this photo, it's one of those photo that is gonna represent this cycle. I also loved the connection you wanted to go into, Lucifer's human and demon form. I see what you did there, and it's really a strong shot.

Jacob (Elite) - Elite is one of my most favorite series, and it seems like it's one of yours too. And it looks like you definitely know your series. I see the connection you did, and not just because this photo looks rich, it's beyond that. I see hints of both Cayetana and Samu. I actually see little bits of most of the cast too.
1398 days 16 hours ago
Jerard
Joan (You) - Your photo submission is very debatable and could go just wrong or right. And clearly it shows how the judges perceive your shot this week. Now, I see where you wanted this shot to be, but I felt you took an easy path. The photo was good, but forgettable. This was a few stepback from your previous weeks.

Caroline (13 Reasons Why) - I certainly agree with your whole explanation. You could get lost on Clay's mind because it's definitely hard to imagine what he's going through with all that events that had happened. And I find your photo fascinating, and gives that vibe. The dark image was really a smart choice because you didn't just portrayed what was outside of Clay (his appearance).

Fernanda (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina) - I see the connection of this photo with the series, so I personally think you did what is told. You sold that dress really well. However, I think the photo could have been stronger though because it came off as one of those "safe" shots.

Jason (The Haunting of Hill House) - I definitely did not foresee you going down this path. But I am glad you did! Jason you are coming off on that shell formed on you for the earlier weeks. You are growing really good, this photo shows it. The black & white filter helped you a lot, this photo is really strong.

Robbie (Glow) - It's definitely really hard if you're the last to submit especially since you only will get what is left. Sadly it reflected in your shot. While it did have the aesthetic of an 80's vibe, it still falls flat. It didn't come out for me as a shout of fun, strong and huge personality too.
1398 days 15 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1398 days 15 hours ago
Jerard
Let's start right now.
1398 days 15 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PANEL ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1398 days 15 hours ago
Jerard
If you are currently here, do not hesitate to join in x
1398 days 15 hours ago
Jerard
Welcome to the Panel and in my hands are the result.
1398 days 15 hours ago
Jerard
The scores that you will get is based on:

CHALLENGE SCORE + JUDGES SCORE (from highest to lowest) = TOTAL

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!