This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM16 - Challenge & Photoshoot (3)

Topic » #NTM16 - Challenge &..

1428 days 8 hours ago
bambinoswag
-Judge Augusta Critiques-

Jacob (Cyclops) - So I can tell you definitely thought about this photoshoot, but it's a little bit of a miss for me simply because it doesn't give enough cyclops. Your photo should be able to portray the chosen mythology without a heavy explanation (aka a cyclops blending into society). I think that you look great though, so your modeling is on point, but sometimes you have trouble fully executing the challenge in my eyes.

Ariadna (Vampire) - Similar to Jacob, it's a nice photo of you but I can't seem to get enough vampire from you. I can see a loose portrayal I guess... you could have even done vampire-like / heavier makeup to tie it more closely. Also, I keep commenting that your photos just aren't high fashion enough, so I worry about your future in this competition because you're very commercial.

Xi (Mermaid) - Similar to a critique I've given you before, your backgrounds tend to eat up your photoshoots and become too much of a focal point. The mermaid connection is decent... not terrible. I love this color, makeup, and pattern on you though, so overall, it's pretty good for me.

Bright (Nephilim) - Going forward, submitting Instagram photos is a bit non-ideal so try not to do that (it just makes it feel cheap). But I actually think you did a decent job... your styling is good and I can see somewhat of a connection to your theme which is honestly a tougher one.

Naty (Unicorn) - I have to say, I really enjoy the whole aura of this photo. I can definitely see the unicorn theme throughout in terms of your hair, makeup, and styling... even the background pale pink color. I appreciate that you really embraced the theme. It's not the most high fashion photo ever, and I'm not a fan of those shoes, but overall you're my favorite so far.

Victor (Succubus) - I think you totally nailed aspects of this. The rose in your mouth as the alluring male succubus is so spot on and makes so much sense - I love it. I pretty much love everything except your face, mostly your eyes. You look dead asleep and I wish they were open, bold, and really trying to convince men to come your way. Again, I think you met the theme well, so I scored you pretty high.

Aline (Banshee) - Oh I love this. You really just continue to shine in my eyes and you've just been pouncing on the competition. Definitely met the theme of banshee and look amazing / high fashion while doing it. Great work!

Robbie (Seelie) - I'll actually somewhat disagree with Jerard on this one... I actually like this a lot. I absolutely loooove this pattern on you and overall you just appear very fairy-ish. I think the cropping is off I agree, but I enjoy this and think it's one of your better submissions.

Ajak (Wendigo) - Well this is just amazing I mean I'm just in love. I literally wouldn't change a thing except your eyes look a bit cartoonish... I get the concept of wendigo and their eyes, but I'm not sure if it was edited over your photo submission? Regardless, it's one of my tops of the week... the styling is just impeccable. And your hair wow this is what like Top Model should look like.

Caroline (Nymph) - Similar to my critique for Ming, you look great but your background eats you up. I think that your face is a standout in this competition, and I've been a fan of yours from the first week. Just be conscious of letting your natural beauty shine. But as a nymph, I think you did quite well with the theme. :)

Fernanda (Leprechaun) - Hmmmmm.... it's very minimalist, which isn't a bad thing since I've told a few models this round that their background ate them up. You are the focal point of this, which is nice. My issue is that it just looks a bit cheap in terms of your styling. You have an interesting look though and I see somewhat of a leprechaun, so I'll score you in the middle this round.

Joan (Phoenix) - Oh this is serving it to me Miss Joan! Definitely phoenix rising from the ashes vibes, absolutely love your styling, pose, and background. The way the sun is shining behind you is amazing. It's near perfect for me. It's a really captivating shot.

Jason (Zombie) - Connection to zombie theme here is really weak for me but you look pretty hot. I love the old school vibe though, and think you are one of the strongest male faces of the competition. Just really study the criteria before you submit going forward.

TOP THREE [in no order] = Aline, Ajak, Joan
1428 days 5 hours ago
tast519
Jon Kortajarena -

Jacob        This photo makes sense with your description, but you could’ve done much more with “cyclops”. It’s such an iconic character and has so many interesting characteristics and your photos are usually great, so I know you can do much better than this.

Ariadna        You get better and better each week! You’re not dressed like a vampire, but your face is giving this luring look that resembles a vampire so much. Great job.

Ming Xi        What’s interesting about this photo is if you cropped your legs out, you would’ve looked like a mermaid. I see mermaid in your beauty and how aquatic this is, but you look SO skinny. It's scary!

Bright        I can see fallen angel. You look like someone who used to be good, but succumbed to the dark side. You hit the theme, but you're not doing much modeling.

Naty        This is a better cyclops pic than Jacob's and I think you hit the unicorn theme well. You truly look one of a kind and like a "unicorn". This is unicorn but make it fashion.

Victor        You almost look a bit too innocent to be a demon, but I like that you're holding a THORNY rose and have this femininity. Overall, this is good.

Aline        SO on point!

Robbie        You look pretty and innocent and I can see a seelie in you. You have to do more to stand out though.

Ajak        AHHH. This is something I've never seen in my 2 cycles of hosting and 1 cycle of competing. And, that's a great thing.

Caroline        This is the most beautiful you looked in a photo! I love your make up and eyes and you look like a gorgeous nymph. Great job.

Fernanda        Pretty! This photo resembles the look of a leprechaun and I liked how you delved deeper into the emotional aspect. It made for an overall strong final product for you.

Joan        Like Ariadna, you’re getting better and better each week. The power in your face and pose and just your overall wardrobe are both showcasing you as a phoenix and you as a model very well. Great work.

Jason        You look handsome as usual. Great photo and I think you did well with portraying a zombie.

My favorites: Ariadna, Aline, Ajak, Caroline, and Joan
Least favorites: Jacob and Bright
1428 days 4 hours ago
nikw98
Lenox's Comments:

Jacob (Cyclops): I have to agree with my fellow judges here and say that while i liked the approach and concept of what you did, the execution was lacking. I think the photo itself is good, but there's a bit of a disconnect that i'm struggling with.

Arianda (Vampire): While i do like what you did with the theme and spun it in a way to not give us an IN YOUR FACE version that can sometimes come off as cheesy, I do think the mark was just slightly missed here. I can see the "cold" aura of a vampire, but it just doesn't go there for me.

Xi (Mermaid): I don't know what it is about this photo, but i don't really like it. It feels a bit cheesy to me as a whole, however, when i look at the pieces individually, it's great. Your attitude, the pose, the look on your face. It's all wonderful. I think this was a great comeback from a bad day.

Bright (Nephilim): I've already stated once how much distain i have for instagram photos. They aren't professional in terms of the way they are presented. Other than that, I think this shot id pretty good. I like what you did with it. I can definitely see what you were going for and the execution was fantastic!

Naty (Unicorn): I see unicorn in this picture. I think it is a great choice for the unicorn theme and it is executed wonderfully. I love it a lot! Great job!

Victor (Succubus): I do like this shot. I like it a lot. I feel you went for the less literal here and it really pays off. You look great and you give just enough for us to know exactly what you want us to see.

Aline (Banshee): This is wonderful. This is one of my favorite shots this week. I didn't think anyone would do well with Banshee but you NAILED it. The aura of this photo is spot on and i think it's fantastic!

Robbie (Seelie): This is a VERY safe photo. And you chose this photo on a week when other did the opposite. I don't think this photo is bad, by any means, but i don't think this is the best you could've done.

Ajak (Wendigo): The only thing i dislike about this photo is the cartoon eyes. Other than that, you acheived every single thing that you wanted to with this photo. It's brilliant and i love it so so much.

Caroline (Nymph): I have to agree with judge Augusta here when he said that your background eats you up because it REALLY does. I like the photo when i ignore the background. I think it's great, but the background is very distracting.

Fernanda (Leprechaun): I like this. It doesn't feel too safe, it doesn't feel like a lazy photo. It's very minimal, but in a good way. Good job :)

Joan (Pheonix): This photo screams Pheonix. I love it. I don't really have much to say. It's wonderful!

Jason (Zombie): I think you do look like you're in an older film. A zombie movie? I'm not sure, but you did acheive the vibe. I think the photo itself is great, i just don't know how well it connects to the theme you were going for.
1428 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1428 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PANEL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1428 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
If you are currently here, do not hesitate to join in x
1428 days 4 hours ago
kaylee21
-Aline would stand in the line up, flipping her hair back and keeping her head up.

Good luck everyone! <3
1428 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
Welcome to the Panel and in my hand are the results.
1428 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
The scores that you will get is based on:

CHALLENGE SCORE + JUDGES SCORE (from highest to lowest) = TOTAL
1428 days 4 hours ago
humanwebjet1
Ming: Good luck guys.
1428 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
This week was truly fantastical, while there were some models who shined brighter than ever, there were still a few who struggled along the way.
1428 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
I have 13 models standing before me, but I only have 12 photos in my hands; and these photos represent the 12 of you that will still be in the running towards becoming the Next Top Model.
1428 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
THE BEST PHOTO OF THE WEEK GOES TO.....
1428 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
*flips photo*
1428 days 4 hours ago
Jerard
Started this week pretty strong....

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!