This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM12 - Semi-Finals

Topic » #NTM12 - Semi-Finals

1843 days 16 hours ago
haycsclair
COMMENTS:

My task is to judge MY Task, Marlon's and Carly's tasks.

Just a reminder, I will deduct points for Iveta due to late submission.

SUI's TASK (Commercial)

GARRETT NEFF - I don't see a lot of movements in the video. Most of the time you were just standing there and your expressionless face did nothing to make the video impactful. Though I admit you were selling the brand you were wearing because you made it look very wearable.

IVETA MUKUCHYAN - Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you came up in the video only twice. It's not bad but for me who is looking for some movements in the video, I think it was kinda lacking and I was left hanging for more. The two times you appeared in the video were very brief and didn't show much movements plus the dark lighting didn't help you at all.

MADISON BEER - You look good in motion. You know your angles and you used that to your advantage. You were the star of that promotional vid and I'm happy to see that you've blossomed in this competition from a girl who usually didn't stand out to a girl who can definitely smash this competition.

NAOMI SMALLS - For someone who has a big personality, I knew you would nail this task. You did it, girl! The moment I saw you in the vid, I knew it was you. It's really hard to stand out in a group, but you managed to do it flawlessly. Even though you were on the far end of the frame, my eyes still zeroed in on you. Good job!

MARLON's TASK (Colors)

GARRETT NEFF (Blue) - You took the task literally and you nailed it. You look good in blue and everything in this photo works well for you. I love your pose and I can look at that sexy facial expression of yours all day. You made that little outfit you were wearing look expensive.

IVETA MUKUCHYAN (Green) - The touch of green in this pic doesn't look natural. It looks like it was just added there as a filter. The girl beside you looks like the star of the photo and not you. I'm not a fan of your pose as it doesn't scream model to me.

MADISON BEER (Yellow) - I can see what you were trying to say. But when I look at the photo, the emotion I get from the color yellow is melancholy. I don't feel the happiness. Your explanation totally contradicts your shot.

NAOMI SMALLS (Red) - I don't get the "love" vibe in this shot. It would have been better if you would have just taken it literally. No need for explanation. I'm not a fan of the pose and the overall look. I think you look very old in this pic. Not your best, to be honest. I think you should tone it down when you apply makeup.

CARLY's TASK (The Avengers)

GARRETT NEFF (Power Stone) - I can see the "aftermath" in this pic. I'm not just a fan of your pose, of the outfit, and your facial expression. You look very relaxed and I don't think it complements the background and the essence of the shot.

IVETA MUKUCHYAN (Soul Stone) - I LOVE IT! The overall setting of the photo gives me the vibe of someone being conjured from the death. Your dead eyes work well in this shot. I love your pose and the overall styling is on point. One of your best shots this season.

MADISON BEER (Stone of Reality) - Though I like your own definition of "perfect universe", I don't think this photo has an impact to me. It's way too simple from what I've seen from you. It looks like a social media shot to me. It's a very bland shot at this stage of the competition.

NAOMI SMALLS (Power Stone of the Mind) - You actually look good in this pic. Maybe the best I've seen from you. The styling is on point. I also think it's a powerful shot. The thing is, there is no explanation and I don't know how to score this one. I don't think it captures the theme of Carly's task.
1843 days 3 hours ago
Jerard
MARLON'S TASK - COLORS

Garrett (Blue) - I actually liked the shot, it felt really solid and same time interesting. The lighting was perfect, everything here looks fabulous. And once again, you stick with your brand really well, you expensively sold the product.

Iveta (Green) - This was very disappointing. In this part of the competition, I am not expecting a really bad shot, sadly this one is really bad. Mainly due to the fact that this has a bad editing. It just isn't semifinal worthy.

Madison (Yellow) - I am really not a big fan of this shot, for me it felt flat. I did like how you explained the shot, but I can't connect the dots here. You are also giving lazy eyes here. And the pose felt blank.

Naomi (Red) - I think it was overdone that it kinda disconnect with what you are expressing, I did like the pose it felt very model-y rather than drag queen. Your hands  in your face was actually something good in the shot.
1843 days 3 hours ago
Jerard
THE AVENGERS - Carly's Task

Garrett (Power Stone) - The shot was good, but nothing screams exceptional. The hue was kinda off for me as well, I hope your expression was more of fierce because Power Stone screams in your explanation as destruction.

Iveta (Soul Stone) - Well, I must say I am impressed with this shot. This is probably one of the best shot this season, I am unsure if I'd be glad that you did this at this point of the competition, or if you've done this earlier. This looks perfect.

Madison (Reality Stone) - I find this shot interesting, this shot felt very natural, very calming. You, once again explained the shot flawlessly, you are probably one of the smartest person I've encountered with.

Naomi (Mind Stone) - What I felt missing here is the explanation of your shot. I did find the shot really interesting, it felt very illusion-y, something that can control minds, the psionic powers, and you did it really well.
1843 days 3 hours ago
Jerard
COMMERCIAL - Sui's Task

Garrett - The quality of the video kinda ruined it for me. But again, you made the video your own, you did what you have to do and sold the product given less time screen, and that's a skill you have, it's natural.

Iveta - I am quite unsure about this video. I loved the editing, it felt very editorial, but the length of the video was quite disappointing. If you had all the screen time in the video it would be no problem, but there was like just 2-3 frames of you in just a blink.

Madison - I think the task you did was good, good enough. You promote your video well enough to let the viewers wanting more. You showed really good angles in the shot as well. You did show variety in a short video.

Naomi - Well this was fantastic. I was hesitant with you picking a video which have a lot of people, because you have to be unique to stand out. But I am glad you pick this video, because you stands out among the rest.
1843 days 3 hours ago
Jerard
ADVOCACY - Jerard's Task

Garrett (Advocate for protecting ocean life) - I must say that this shot was pretty interesting, though simple it gives editorial/high fashion vibe. You even sold the sand pretty well, I agree with Judge Lucky, some may misinterpret the shot, but you showed strong emotion here.

Iveta (Advocate for woman empowerment) - With you getting an advocacy similar to Madison, there for me was comparison. And I felt she did the job better, I am not saying it's a bad shot, it just really isn't speaking a lot. And that's the job.

Madison (Advocate for woman empowerment) - Your eyes are killing the game. Contrary with your previous shot, this is what I've been wanting to see. This is actually looking good, maybe the pink gloves isn't really a fit here, but nothing else.

Naomi (Advocate for individuality) - Well I must say that I am quite a fan of this shot, this for me is something new you have given us. This was done flawlessly, I like the shot you use to explain your advocacy, it felt right.
1843 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1843 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
And now it's time to see who will be our finalists of this cycle.
1843 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PANEL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1843 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
Welcome to the panel Top 4, in my hands are the results.
1843 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
Here is how the scoring for the semifinals work. Basically each of us gives a task this week, you have five different tasks which was judged by 3 out of 5 judges each. Now, what you will receive is the average score for each task.
1843 days 2 hours ago
haycsclair
Good luck, models.
1843 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
SCORES:

Marlon's Task (Colors)
Carly's Task (The Avengers)
Lucky's Task (Upside Down)
Sui's Task (Commercial)
Jerard's Task (Advocacy)

TOTAL
1843 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
So, are you guys ready to see who's through to the final round of the competition?
1843 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
Let's get it on!
1843 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
I have 4 Models standing before me, but I only have 3 photos in my hands; and these photos represent the 3 of you that will be in the finale of Next Top Model Cycle 12: Breaking Boundaries where one will be crowned the winner.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!