This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM11 - Challenge & Photoshoot (1)

Topic » #NTM11 - Challenge &..

2201 days 20 hours ago
coolKat
Me too Hao
2201 days 19 hours ago
Jerard
Challenge Comments

Garrett Neff - My co-judges probably won't agree with me on this, but I actually like the shot. Because it actually looks like a summer ad campaign. One thing is that it's really not the best angle you can probably be in posing. But yeah, it does gives me some summer cool vibes, and you did nail the theme.

Shawn Mendes - Your photo was good, but it's just good. I don't see something that really stands out and pretty seems that you were just blending in. Also, I am not really seeing the other arm which kinda looks weird when you paid your attention to it, one thing you get as well though is that it really felt summer.

Miles McMillan - I was actually distracted with the white line in the middle to begin with. Your face feels really youthful and fun which screams summer. I did love how you were pretty involved in the sand, the minnie mouse headband, I don't know about that - you can lose it and I won't care. This was a good shot.

Doutzen Kroes - First of all, I love the intensity you are giving in this shot, what I don't love is how you actually blended in too much in this shot that I only notices your eyes which I claimed earlier was pretty intense. I would have loved more colors for this shot as I was really sold with the eyes.

Devon Aoki - This one though is liked Doutzen's you did blended in but I see more colors, and somehow it turns out looking great. I love the face and the attitude you are giving the camera, and I love how you came up with that story, which pretty much makes so much sense. Overall, this is a great shot.

Hao Yun Xiang - I was actually somehow distracted by the text (the right side ofc) as its height was half of the shot, for your photo - I am 50-50 about it, it isn't bad but it isn't great as well, so it's just good. I do love how the sun is hitting up on you, the posing is not on point. But you did hit the theme good enough.

Yaya Deng - I actually liked the concept of this shot, this is impressive. I love how even with your sunglasses on, it speaks intensity and power. The way you are holding the guy speaks possession. One thing I didn't liked is the sky (or what is that) because it seems fake, but nothing you can really do about it.
2201 days 19 hours ago
Jerard
Challenge Comments

Coco Rocha - Well this is pretty stunning! The dress dancing with the wind, you posing strongly and beautifully, and giving us fierceness. Plus the idea of the summer is there, what it lacks is an explanation even just a sentence would do, I never said you needed to explain - but it does help us more.

Izi Simundic - I love how it looks something 60's or 70's. I actually also love this shot, it isn't over the top, it's just you, fiercely real. I love that it feels natural and untouched, just the photographer and you then boom, you have a natural beach shot.

Matthew Noszka - This actually looks like another shot taken in a different era, somehow it feels connected with Izi's shot. I loved how the sun hits half your face, the posing though feels really weird it looks like you are holding something with your two hands which isn't really present.

Victoria Justice - Well this shot is produced really well, your expression though is pretty weak and lacking. It feels you are giving dead eyes. But I was actually moved how this was edited perfectly, the setting the dress, and the colors it feels magic.

Lenox Tillman - This goes with another lack of color. While this speaks very winter-y for me. The sadness and dullness the shot gives is nothing summer. But if it were with a different theme, I would actually like or even love the shot. Maybe just not for this one.

Dinara Chetyrova - And this one goes out with the one above you as well, Lenox. The dark vibe, sadness, and all just gets me off from liking the shot. I loved how this look really a stunning shot but it should go well with the theme as well.

Clement Chabernaud - First of all, you are late - not really a good first impression but I am glad you made it. For me this shot though feels very instagram-y the involvement of the plane though was on point, face should have been tilted more in the camera, I did love the summer feels of this.

Megan Fox - I love how you took sexiness in a not insulting way, you took it how a model should do. But of course you were late as well which corresponds to deduction of points. The tone for it was dark, but the darkness to it actually worked well with the theme, somehow.
2201 days 18 hours ago
Jerard
Photoshoot Comments

Shawn Mendes - Contrary with your summer photo, this one is a lot lot better. You are not giving an artist vibe, you are giving a model vibe, something I would see commercially. Anyways, your explanation helped me understand the photo - which really shows how important that any model should express themselves.

Miles McMillan - You know what impressed me in this shot is the rawness of it, which makes you think if it was done professionally, was it candid shot, etc. And like you as well, this was a much better shot than the previous summer shot of yours. But I agree with Judge Marlon, if it was cropped more it would work better.

Yaya Deng - The shot for me was too much to take in, that I felt uncomfortable. Maybe if you would've taken just one (any of it) would work better. As both of it looks fierce and would work better than as I can see with judges' comments would work better than most of your competition.

Hao Yun Xiang - I actually loved your concept and how you explained it. But for me it doesn't really work well with what you've brought us to the table. Now, if it was done in a more intense face and body, it would actually work a thousand times better.

Devon Aoki - I actually love your mind and thinking, it would help you further to this game, really. Now for your photo, I actually liked your summer photo more. There are certainly lots of aspect in this shot which doesn't really go blend with anything. Lose the pins and that lighting eye and it would've been better.

Izi Simundic - I actually love how pure and innocent your shots are. When I look at your shots I feel really calm, it's actually a great balance to some intense the others are giving, it actually made you stand out. You look stunning, this for me is actually a great interpretation.

Matthew Noszka - I don't like the fact that you actually created your own theme and do nothing with the theme given to you, it doesn't work that way, really. I do agree with the other judges, your photo doesn't do any good, but it really is the explanation that took me off completely.

Victoria Justice - This is actually better than your summer shot, I love your explanation and how you connected it with ascendancy. This though was good but this good actually is better than half of the submissions. And again, the editing was on point in this shot.
2201 days 18 hours ago
Jerard
Photoshoot Comments

Lenox Tillman - I actually like this shot, your posing is on point, the possession is there. Judge Marlon is right about rule of thirds of the shot, it also helps. But yeah, this shot was good, nothing really special.

Clement Chabernaud - I did not like this shot, somehow I see TV show with this. Your explanation is good enough to make the cut, but this isn't. Also one concern is the size of the photo, it is important that we see what really is going on.

Doutzen Kroes - This shot was actually good considering how you took literally the meaning of ascend. This shot screams fashion mag. One thing though is the hair is covering you a bit more which kinda distracting, but yeah this shot was really creative. One of the better shots I've seen.

Garrett Neff - This is the best shot I've seen by far as I still have some to look for, with your two given shots, I already see you as a contender for the title. This is what it means to take your own interpretation of ascend. I see power, I see royalty, I see ascendancy. Congratulations!

Coco Rocha - This is the time when I don't like that the photoshoot theme is taken literally, I actually would consider you looking for maybe a few minutes and you can come up with another explanation of ascending, as I am sure you can do better than this.

Megan Fox - Nope. The explanation is actually unnecessary, what I need is your interpretation of ascendancy, and you failed to deliver. This actually was a good shot but I don't really know how it connects with ascending.

Dinara Chetyrova - Finally, something I am hoping - a great ending for the overwhelming shots. Anyways, your explanation was on point as well, and you didn't fail to deliver what you said on your profile. This is a great way to end the week. Thank you for doing just that and Congratulations!
2201 days 18 hours ago
Jerard
Let's head for the panel!
2201 days 18 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PANEL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2201 days 18 hours ago
Jerard
Welcome to the panel and in my hand are the results!
2201 days 18 hours ago
Jerard
First, I will reveal my Top 3 for the summer challenge.
2201 days 18 hours ago
Jerard
The winner of this challenge gets to have an additional 2 points for their score.
2201 days 18 hours ago
haycsclair
Good luck, models.
2201 days 18 hours ago
Jerard
TOP 4 (It was tied so...):

- Coco Rocha
- Devon Aoki
- Izi Simundic
- Yaya Deng
2201 days 18 hours ago
patricenka9
Bye guys! Glad I got to be a part of this.
2201 days 18 hours ago
Jerard
And there's a double tie, two will win in your first challenge.
2201 days 18 hours ago
Jerard
THE WINNERS OF THIS CHALLENGE ARE

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!