This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM9 - Challenge & Photoshoot (10)

Topic » #NTM9 - Challenge &..

2330 days 5 hours ago
Jerard
Now it's for the judges to comment on your photographs.
2330 days 5 hours ago
Jerard
Joining us for this week is Nin, the host and a judge in her very own Ninjohn's Next Top Model.
2329 days 15 hours ago
ninjohn
Leila: I think this shot is interesting! You look very stoic and I feel like this a beautiful shot. Whether it's something that would specifically make me stop and stare at if it was on a giant billboard is questionable to me, but it would definitely make me stop and stare in a magazine. There's a simplistic edge to it that just attracts me to it so I think it's all over a strong photo.

Liu: Wow. Wow. Not only is this photo totally stunning and one that just oozes sultry sophistication to it, but by the position she's in, this would work perfectly across a long and stretched out billboard. And on TOP of that, I feel like this photo would be easy to submit for many versatile requirements as I feel this would be an easy photo to create a whole story behind. I love it!

Saskia the First: I think this photo is ok. You look very statuesque which is a good thing for most people, but the photo personally left me feeling a bit underwhelmed. Whereas Leila was able to give curve and edge to her photo, I don't feel much tension from this photo. It might also be easier to put on a magazine than a billboard, as half the billboard would be covered in scenery.

Saskia the Second: I definitely like this submission better! I feel like the angle makes you look naturally taller, which is always a plus when concerning modeling. I feel like veiling the model and concealing their expression left me wishing that I could see the face a bit more from what I can see. However  , good photo!

Simon: Well, ain't NOTHING going on but the rent and if you didn't know, now you know! This photo has such a concentrated intensity, I feel a bit slouchy in my seat and I sat up a bit straighter! One thing I note is that everything that you're doing in this photo feels angular or linear and it makes it just easier to look at overall. I'm not entirely sure if this photo would take up the space of a billboard but, if it does, it'd definitely be a striking one.

Godfrey: This is an interesting shot, isn't it! I feel like this photo is a great balance between fashion and humor and I feel interested just looking at it. I do feel like this is a photo that would translate quite well on to a billboard because of the interaction that you have with the scenery. I don't think any aspect of this photo went to waste and it's not often that that happens! Great job~
2326 days 21 hours ago
Neme91
Leila- Remember this is to be put on a billboard so immediately I take points off for this being a vertical shot. Also now there are vertical billboards so i guess it could work but I don’t think this would stop traffic. This would just be a photo of a pretty girl that i’d glance up to see who it is then look away when i don’t know who it is.

Liu Wen- Now definitely this shot would catch eye but I’m not fan of it. It just seems too much and too editorial for a billboard and something about it wouldn’t want me to like keep staring at it. The colors are off-putting.

Saskia #1- I don’t like this at all lol. It just too weird for me. I do not want to look at it one bit especially walking around or in my car or etc. It’s just another glance oh huh weird billboard type of thing.

Saskia #2- once main vertical shots are very risky in my opinion. And this is another horrible photo Saskia. I really just don’t like this extraneous of weirdness especially for this challenge and I feel like you think to make people look at a billboard you have to be crazy and this is just horrible looking.

Simon- UGH at the vertical shots and also Simon wtf is you doing in this photo? Nothing! So why would this stop traffic, catch eyes? i’m really not understanding this at all.

Godfrey- I think godfrey you have a good concept but there is TOO much space around you and I can barely recognize it’s you. I think that maybe a more smaller backdrop definitely makes it a lot more eye capturing but it’s not bad
2326 days 16 hours ago
Jerard
Now, for my comments.
2326 days 15 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Leila - I think this shot is too safe for me, and in Top 5 - I am not liking a safe shot, I want a shot that will define Next Top Model. Anyways, I think this shot was a good shot, but I see this more in a magazine. And I would agree with my two co-judges here tonight, will I be stopping when I see this in a billboard? I guess not.

Liu - This one seems to be looking better for me, but still isn't the best. One thing though, I would have to stop for a few seconds, why? This shot looks interesting. There's this entertaining concept in your shot. But when you look at it, I didn't really notice your face, but when I did - it took away some points for me, as you look really uncomfortable.

Saskia - For your first photo, this is too much for a billboard shot I guess, it would be really weird seeing this in a billboard - it is more to be put in a fashion magazine. And for a billboard, you aren't really noticeable as I would have been focused on the text itself. For your second photo, I did like it better - somehow. Though, I would have loved to see your face in this shot, but I did like how the camera was pointing at this shot.

Simon - While this one, I do think it can take up some space in a commercial type of city. I am liking the bag up to your head, while the lower part is meh and feels very weird for me. I am liking your face very much in this shot, it looks very intense and powerful, I would have loved it a bit more if all parts weren't covered with shadows.

Godfrey - I thought I would be disappointed throughout me looking at all photographs, but finally - something is in my liking. This is what I am looking for! Something I would be seeing in a billboard, something with appropriate content, something I would stop in for a second to see and understand. This is something, Godfrey.
2326 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
2326 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
Panel starts at 10:30PM :)
2326 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PANEL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2326 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
Two chairs wasn't filled yet again, with our two judges. So to fill this up will be the average of the scores given by us, the three judges. It will continue until a worthy judge is found to replace either of them.
2326 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
Welcome to the Panel! And in my hand, are the results.
2326 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
The scores that you will get is based on:

CHALLENGE SCORE + JUDGES SCORE = TOTAL
2326 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
I have 5 Models standing before me, but I only have 4 photos in my hands; and these photos represent the 4 of you that will still be in the running towards becoming the Next Top Model.
2326 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
THE BEST PHOTO OF THE WEEK GOES TO.....
2326 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
for your very first time in this competition....

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!