This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM9 - Challenge & Photoshoot (9)

Topic » #NTM9 - Challenge &..

2333 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
Icons remaining:

Elvis Presley
Michael Jackson
Michelle Obama
Princess Diana
Ryan Gosling
2333 days 10 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
Princess Diana

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d8/cb/a4/d8cba42e0720e33bd0fced11f5e173a6.jpg

This is very much young, sexy Princess Diana. I was inspired by the classic blonde hair and elegance possessed by Princess Diana. This pose is very simple yet classy and fierce within the facial expression which embodies the iconicness of Princess Diana.
2333 days 5 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
2333 days 5 hours ago
Jerard
We will now wait for the jusges comment. It was the first time no one posted late, Congratulations :)
2332 days 6 hours ago
carlyjordan14
- Godfrey Gao
- JK: A major step up from your casting photo for my company. You look stylish and deep in thought. Overall I think this was a nice professional shot that feels candid.

- Leila Goldkuhl
- AUDREY: Without the description I would have never made the connection. I admire the risk you took and how overall the photo is striking.
- MARILYN: Ms. Monroe would be thrilled to see this image as you embodied her persona perfectly! It’s sexy, but classy with that retro feel to it.

- Liu Wen
- JOHN: Honestly, I’m not really seeing the style as your hair covers most of the shot. However, I do like the shot as a whole and think it’s strong even without the explanation.

- Saskia de Brauw
- You’re going to win. Honestly, you continue to slay the tasks and put your own edgy spin to it. You’re not just embracing her style, but your making it YOUR style!

- Simon Nessman
- STEVE: Very well done! I would lose the trench coat, but I love the overall look and feel of this as it screams Steve Jobs to me.
- JAMES: Another strong shot as it executes the task perfectly! I love the style and the overall vibe from this. The black and white filter is a nice touch too.

- Winnie Harlow
- MADONNA: You gave no explanation as was required. Overall I think you did a solid job of capturing her risky style.
2331 days 4 hours ago
DrG2
Me when the competitors finally post it on time and the judges didnt lol
2330 days 15 hours ago
Neme91
Leila Goldkuhl (#1}- I’m not really understanding the aspect of the photo, the flowers, the hand position. Idk it just looks a bit weird to me. I like your explanation but I am not a fan of this photo.

Leila Goldkuhl (#2}- I agree that Marilyn Monroe immediately comes to mind as sex symbol but this did not. I just felt you chose a blonde wig that btw is ugly and then a photo of you half naked. That imo doesn’t sell the cut for sex symbol and representing marilyn in the best light you could’ve

Godfrey Gao- Yes Godfrey yes this is what i’m talking about. I chose you to be in this season and you haven’t let me down. You brought JK Rowlings to life with this photo. I really think this has to be your best photo yet just everything going on in here is something i truly love.

Liu Wen- I think that if this wasn’t a black and white photo I’d love it better BUT i do accept the black and whit because of how back in those days there was black and white tv so you saw the beatles basically in black and white. Now i think everything about this photo is good but your makeup around the eyes. That’s what upsets me but i think you hit the coffin well on this one.

Winnie Harlow- Winnie did that, yes yes yes. Winnie coming to legit slay. This has all of Madonna written over it like come on. Madonna would wear shit like that. If she was posing that’s how she’d be. Madonna was a sexy queen who wasn’t afraid to be sexual and this photo speaks that.

Simon Nessman (#1}- Take away the coat and you got yourself a steve jobs. Take the jacket away too. I think this was so close to hitting the nail on the coffin just the fashion choice threw it off but this was still very well believable and a good homage to Jobs that I love it.

Simon Nessman (#2}- Oh my legit goodness this has James Dean written all over it, front and back,  down and under. I’m like this is just amazing. Both photos you delivered were fantastic you are stepping back up into that spotlight and i’m very interested to see how you fare.

Saskia de Beskauw- Honestly this photo works for me honestly. Only thing I’d change is the position of her arm.
2330 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Leila - For your first photo, I 100% agreed on the judges here. If it weren't for your explanation (which I really really liked), this photo for me will not make any sense. The photo was beautiful, but when you see this you will not think of Audrey. For the second photo, I think it fits more the persona, it did made the cut - but looks too safe for me. I don't see anything special, but you did kinda get me you're portraying Marilyn.

Godfrey - This was a huge comeback, after failing the challenge, as you were booked only 25%. But hey, if you will comeback to those agencies and probably let them see this photo, I wouldn't be doubting they will book you. Anyways, this shot of yours does look like a female version of JK Rowling. I love everything about it, the clothes, the settings, etc. Very well done.

Liu - You and Godfrey didn't really picked the most obvious boy and girl icons, you chose the opposite sex. Honestly, this photo of yours feels bland. It doesn't have its magic compared to what you've given us from each week. What I am happy about this is that somehow this looks masculine. Your makeup also kinda ruined the shot for me. Other than that, this is still a solid shot.
2330 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
Winnie - We did require some explanation, you could have done it in just a fine paragraph, or even just one sentence. For your shot, I wasn't really hyped about it. It wasn't over the top, it wasn't bad. One thing though, it is forgetful. Just by looking at you, as a model - you are already a strong and unique one, but when your in photographs, that spark in you is most of the time, missing - which includes this shot.

Simon - For your first photo, it was really really impressive. You look like an entrepreneur turned into a fashion model. Now, if you would have taken away the coat and the jacket (?), it would have been really an on-point shot. As much as I love the first shot, the second shot just took it to the next level, this was a perfect portrayal of James Dean for me, in any angle. Congratulations, you hit it both - big time.

Saskia - Now, when you think of Princess Diana, the first thing that comes to your mind is expensive. And for me, you did the portrayal really well. This was a simple shot, but this was something special and remarkable. I would agree on Judge Lucky about the positioning of the arm though. But you look really beautiful here.
2330 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
2330 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
Two chairs wasn't filled yet again, with our two judges. So to fill this up will be the average of the scores given by us, the three judges. It will continue until a worthy judge is found to replace either of them.
2330 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PANEL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2330 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
Panel will start tonight at probably 8pm. I hope you will be there to check it out live.
2330 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
Big prize will be given to the one who will win the best photo of the week, as she/he will be in the December Issue of the Model Division Magazine.
2330 days 7 hours ago
Montenegro
Good luck everybody :)

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!