This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM9 - Challenge & Photoshoot (3)

Topic » #NTM9 - Challenge &..

2437 days 22 hours ago
Carvalho
Ok
2437 days 21 hours ago
ParvatiS
Ok
2437 days 21 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
ok
2437 days 20 hours ago
Bella1
Ok
2437 days 13 hours ago
Aydanmac01
Ok
2437 days 9 hours ago
Neme91
Me and Sui challenge scores will be coming later on today. I have to say I was pretty impressed and I wish the best of luck to the girls.
2437 days 7 hours ago
Jerard
Photoshoot #3

"Pop Culture"

So while we await for the results of the challenge, I am here to give you your next photoshoot. This week we are talking about "Pop Culture", so what is it? is the entirety of attitudes, ideas, images, perspectives, and other phenomena within the mainstream of a given culture, especially Western culture of the early to mid-20th century and the emerging global mainstream of the late 20th and early 21st century.

Basically, we are taking a hit on the pop culture's entertainment and fashion. So, what you need to present us is basically a photo which will appeal to the masses. Describe us the lifestyle and tastes of the majority "younger" ones. Music by Taylor Swift, One Direction, Justin Bieber, etc, appeals to the young ones. Movies like The Hunger Games, The Notebook, Fast & Furious, also did have the chance to be on the spotlight, now it's your turn.

Be creative with your ideas, an explanation is highly necessary -  You have 24 hours to do the task. So please submit it within 24 hrs. Goodluck!
2437 days 4 hours ago
Bella1
2437 days 4 hours ago
JoshBB1999
http://prntscr.com/gev5mg

This is pop culture because this TV series The Flash and I'm going global mainstream because this show is from the late 20th century of 1990

Garrett Neff
2437 days 1 hour ago
haycsclair
CHALLENGE (Gender Role Reversal - Guys)

Comments:

Simon Nessman - The overall styling has a feminine vibe. I like the fact that you are wearing heels. I also like your hair. But the pose is very manly. The way how you angled your face is very masculine. I do love the background though. Overall, this is an okay shot.

Jeremy Dufour - Actually, wearing pink just showed how manly you are. Yeah, lots of girls wear pink, but if a man starts wearing pink, it means he has the gut and the confidence of a man to wear a color which usually associated with women. The clothes you are wearing are for men, though some girls can wear it. Even the cap and the watch. Your face here doesn't scream feminine. Your stance is very manly.

Garrett Neff - I'm not totally sold with the styling, but I like the fact that you are holding a shades. That wave is very feminine. The fingers inside the pocket of the pants and the sexy walk have a sexy feminine vibe. You are giving characteristics that are associated with women. The hair is just okay. Though I do feel like it's a paparazzi shot and I'm not a fan of that.

Godfrey Gao - I actually like this shot. It has that feminine playful and flirty vibe. I like the way you are looking down and the finger on your lower lip. It's very sexy and very girly. Though the styling has a masculine vibe. This was submitted late, so I'm going to deduct a point.

Cameron Dallas - No submission means zero point. Come on.
2437 days 1 hour ago
haycsclair
Sending my scores to Judge Jerard now.
2436 days 19 hours ago
Neme91
CHALLENGE (Gender Role Reversal - Girls)

Comments

Kendall Jenner- When it comes to the girls having to gender role reverse the most common ting one would go for is this suit and tie but in this photo I actually dig it. I like the pose and styling you have of your wardrobe as well as what makes the photo stand out is the mullet-esque style of the hair. No doubt one of my favorite photos from you.

Lara Stone- No submission means zero point. Come on.

Lily Donaldson- Once again the suit and tie is a very common stereotype when it comes to portraying of the other gender that is male. I do not mind it because I mean it’s not a bad portrayal but for this photo that you presented me you kept your feminine touches on it and that was not the assignment. The assignment was to fully transform in Leland Donaldson but you still had Lily in there. That skirt didn’t help you, the gloves didn’t help you.

Liu Wen- For me this is half and half cause you seem to have understand half of the assignment but you failed the other. I do see the masculinity in the strong empowerment but you kept this all too feminine. This shot was not necessarily to be feminine and you kept it to label it as a “strong woman in power” but you aren’t embracing being a women this round. You understand? I liked it but it’s half and half.

Miranda Kerr- I have been talking about how some of the girls have left some feminine qualities in their photos and first glance you’d think that’s the same here but after taking a better look I definitely do see maybe the only feminine quality is the jeans but other than that I love the rugged look. The pose, the shoes, everything about it. The jeans doesn’t even necessarily get in the way so though not entirely becoming the man I’d expect you definitely became a tomb boy which is just as perfect.

Saskia de Brauw- Girl I didn’t even recognize you. When I take a look at this  challenge I either wanna see a full embodiment of man or the qualities of one that trumps the feminine qualities you have. You aced both those criterias immediately off first glance. This is just remarkable to say the least.The purse could go like this isn’t a straight 10 because of the purse but I love it.

Taylor Hill- Like Liu this is very half and half for me. Everything belt strap down is perfect and everything upwards is just not hitting the mark for me. I don’t see the story here with this photo pertaining to the challenge that was given to you. I mean as well as there is visual feminine qualities along with the masculine qualities but when the first thing we see is your face and it’s full of make up that immediately trumps masculinity from going anywhere.

Winnie Harlow- Winnie this had nothing at all to do with the challenge that was given at hand. At least to me. If you had given me a brief detail of why you chose this photo maybe I would be more open but I see no gender role reversal. Nothing screams embracing the male qualities at all in this photo I can’t even score you high cause that’d be unfair to the 6 ladies who did follow the brief at hand.
2436 days 15 hours ago
aj1111
Taylor hill
https://pp.vk.me/c638729/v638729184/9ee9/8tmBis_ec8g.jpg
This is the fashion today
2436 days 12 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
http://cdn.thefashionography.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/saskia-de-brauw-by-craig-mcdean-for-w-magazine-october-2013-6.jpg

I think a great deal of pop culture tends to be associated with fashion trends. There are a lot of younger masses who are attracted to being edgy and punk when dressing and styling themselves, so I tried to portray a hard and edgy side in my submission.
2436 days 7 hours ago
DrG2
http://ultraimg.com/images/bd0100_p_01_07.jpg
Fashion nowadays usually simple or relaxing clothes and pants. Cute or small backpack is also one of them

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!