This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM12 - Challenge & Photoshoot (11)

Topic » #NTM12 - Challenge &..

1856 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
Challenge #11

"Five Virtues"

And hello once again Top 5! Now for today's challenge we will once again be going to the books - of history. As for today's challenge we are going to be learning about Confucianism. For today's challenge we are talking about Confucius' (was a Chinese teacher, editor, politician, and philosopher of the Spring and Autumn period of Chinese history.) written virtues.

For this week you will be portraying simply the virtue you will be picking, it will be a first come first pick basis, so choose wisely.

24 hours to do the challenge, failure to submit on time means deduction of points. If you haven't sent in your confessionals yet, send them first before proceeding to the challenge. Goodluck!
1856 days 8 hours ago
Jerard
Here are Confucius' Five Virtues:

- Ren is the virtue of benevolence, charity, and humanity;
- Yi, of honesty and uprightness;
- Zhi, knowledge;
- Xin, the virtue of faithfulness and integrity;
- Li, correct behavior, or propriety, good manners, politeness, ceremony, worship.

You may search more if you want, explanation would be good.
1856 days 1 hour ago
SharonMaItems
IVETA MUKUCHYAN |

http://hayernaysor.am/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/%D4%BB%D5%BE%D5%A5%D5%BF%D5%A1.jpg

Hello judges! Today I will be Li, the virtue of correct behaviour/propriety/good manners etc.
1856 days ago
Brandonh1
1856 days ago
Survivorgame1
MADISON BEER // REN

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141654957@N07/41981630840/in/photostream/lightbox

Showing the human side, softness & charity. The white represents benevolus [kindness]
1855 days 9 hours ago
ParvatiS
Adriana Lima // Yi, of honesty and uprightness;

I decided to portray the act of speaking the truth so I decided to research the signs of when someone is lying.
Some of the signs are that
- the person will not look directly in your eyes, but rather look away or move around a lot.
- they fidget with things or move their body around a lot
- they roll their lips back to the point where they almost disappear
- shrugging, lack of expression

so I made sure to include NONE of those because my shot is all about being upright and honest and speaking the truth.

I also decided to choose white because it represents innocence, cleanliness, sincerity, because if you are being honest you are also innocent, and what you are saying is sincere and clean (if that makes sense)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f7/21/1c/f7211c9737b59ba8ba5b88d99614762a.jpg
1855 days 8 hours ago
Ajathekween
Naomi Smalls: Xin

Faithfulness: You try to look past yourself to achieve and good life. You look what is on the inside and not out. You are trying shed your errors off and see the real you. #Xin

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/564e2bc4e4b01cc50dbc9da9/5bb8b5f0f4e1fc90e5d9779d/5bb8b6d89140b7240e882fc0/1538833436473/naomi_9.jpg?format=750w
1855 days ago
haycsclair
xxCLOSEDxx
1853 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Iveta - I think this shot is just so random for this theme, with you going in that soldier uniform.  Anyways, the shot itself is forgettable, and it isn't something we are expecting for you, with your wins. You could've done better, I know you can you've proven it the most amongst the other models.

Garrett - And just like Iveta you too, going that easy path. You don't need any props to support the idea of knowledge, in your case I think you most likely pick this photo because of some sort of a book which ofcourse is one form of having knowledge. The shot does give a soft spot and a happy vibe.

Madison - Woah, you actually look different in this shot. I do say that I am 50-50 with it as well. The shot itself speaks peaceful and softness, with your background and white dress. I do think that your facial expression ruined it for me, I think your expression looks pretty tight contrasting what you are trying to get into.

Adriana - I think that this shot isn't really something I am expecting, you have this angelic face that speaks truthfully already, which I think is missing in your shot right now. I do like the fact that the black and white filter helped you a lot in this shot. Other than that, I am not really convinced.

Naomi - Finally, something good or even great at this point. I like how you did not do the usual heartfelt vibe of the theme, but rather take it to the next level, like you usually does. And in your case, it works this time. There's a lot of thinking in this shot, so I think it's actually smart for you on picking this.
1853 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
And there you have it guys. This is not what I am expecting for Top 5.
1853 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
Let's now proceed with the results.
1853 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
The winner of this challenge is going to be able to post 2 photos for their photoshoot this week.
1853 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
And the possible models getting it are...
1853 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
Top 2 shots:

- Garrett Neff
- Naomi Smalls
1853 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
Only one is going to win the challenge...
1853 days 13 hours ago
Jerard
And that model is....

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!