This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC beta 3!

Topic » TSC beta 3!

4166 days 14 hours ago
Zurks
And, lastly...

13) Tomcraft & Sam Obernik - The Noyz

Fun Fact: This German DJ/producer will be performing in Mexico in March for a festival!
4166 days 14 hours ago
LisaSak
13. Tomcraft & Sam Obernik - I didn't expect to like something like this, but her voice goes really well with the music. It's quite interesting.
4166 days 14 hours ago
Zurks
Please vote for your favorite ten songs from a scale of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12 with 12 being awarded to your favorite.  You have until Friday, January 22nd, at 3PM EST/8PM GMT to send in your votes. I will remember mails this time! I am sorry to everyone I forgot to remind (i.e. the whole group) and poor Lisa who was stuck alone with me for an hour!

Also, public comments are back, so post your comments about each song in the public comments of this thread! Thank you, sorry, and vote when you're ready!
4166 days 14 hours ago
FlameonX
merp
4166 days 14 hours ago
pok3rf4ce
Friday 22nd January?
4166 days 14 hours ago
LisaSak
I was confused aswell. Friday is the 25th!

Collected comments:
1. Big Fox - I like the piano. Sweet voice. A bit catchy too.
2. Birgitte Aphrodite - Not the best voice, but I guess it works with the punk feeling. I like the accent too. I think I quite like it actually.
3. Go Periscope - The start was promising, but it never really got interesting or powerful enough. I don't really like the singing in the chorus either, it does not really get along with my ears. Just ok.
4. He is We - I find the song itself rather uninteresting, but the way it's performed makes it a bit better. I like the simplicity.
5. Joel Alme - At first I thought it would have been better with a better singer, but the imperfection kind of adds to the feeling (I like the feeling). I love the instruments too.
6. King & Country - Another song with promising beginning, but when the singing came in I found it rather generic. A bit catchy though. I prefer the instrumental parts.
7. Latice Royale & Manila Luzon - What the...? I don't even know what it's supposed to be. They look like they're having fun, but it sounds rather terrible.
8. Matt Pond - Just another indie song. It's not bad, but I'm a pretty bored by it. You probably have to hear it a few times to appreciate it.
9. Sahara Davenport - Maybe she should join Latice Royale & Manila Luzon from song #7? The singing is almost as bad as theirs. The background music is really annoying.
10. Selah Sue - I quite like her voice. Especially in the chorus. I'm glad they added some wind instruments too, I was just waiting for them.
11. The Killers - Sounds like... them. They're good. This song was nice too, even though they have made better ones. It's a bit too obvious to be interesting in TSC though.
12. The White Buffalo - Good start, and maybe even better when he started singing. I just wish something more happened.
13. Tomcraft & Sam Obernik - I didn't expect to like something like this, but her voice goes really well with the music. It's quite interesting.
4166 days 14 hours ago
Zurks
Tuesday 22nd January! :$ 8PM is deadline, and results will be at 8.30PM
4166 days 13 hours ago
bibbles
so sorry zurks, for some unknown reason, i thought this was on saturday!!! i was watching room 101 and then big brother only just checked back on here. had i known i would have been here!!! will listen tomorrow.
4166 days 13 hours ago
Zurks
I should have mailed everyone a reminder before I started, I knew it was quiet but it didn't register why. That is my fault, sorry!
4166 days 13 hours ago
bibbles
dont worry zurks, theres a lot to remember
4166 days 13 hours ago
Aquamarine
1) Big Fox - This song was a bit too nice for me hoenstly LOL. It didn't go anywhere for me. In order for me to like a song it has to be something I would actually buy. This is not one of those songs.
2) Brigitte Aphrodite - Oh god I didn't like her voice at all. It made me cringe the entire time. :|
3) Go Periscope - Hey Zurks, can you believe I like this? LOL a song catered to me almost. I obviously enjoyed it, I generally do like the electronica songs.
4) He is We - The title confused me too LOL. It wasn't amazing, just decent I guess. Again, I wouldn't buy it or anything.
5) Joel Alme - The song just didnt mean anything to me, and it didn't hook me in. I didn't really like his voice.
6) For King & Country - I actually think I heard this on some Christian radio station once now that I think of it LOL. Good song!
7) Latrice Royale & Manilla Luzon - What in gods name is even going on...I was still entertained LOL.
8) Matt Pond - I didn't connect to the song at all, but I still really enjoyed it. I'd like to hear his other songs.
9) Saharah Davenoport - He's actually dead? That sucks. Also read he was dating Manila from the other song. This song was also wildly entertaining.
10) Selah Sue - Well when I started listening I was hoping the song would pick up. It never did. It just made me feel uncomfortable somehow.
11) The Killers - I really enjoyed it, even the video was sort of nice lol. Who cares how mainstream they are!
12) The White Buffalo - I liked how the instrumental in the beginning started and then he opened his mouth and I was like "why does he have to sound like that?"
13) Tomcraft & Sam Obernik - I was NOT expecting that voice, but it definitely was interesting. I didnt like how short it was or that the lyrics were somewhat repetitive. I enjoyed it though.
4166 days 11 hours ago
pok3rf4ce
1 - Big Fox: A bit too twee and sickly sweet for me, but nothing really stood out in terms of me hating on it. I thought it was a tad repetitive, and not entirely sure why there was a slowed down bit in the middle, but again it was neither something I liked or something I hated. It's not  something I would listen to again in a hurry, but considering there are only 13 songs I can vote for I guess this one could get some points from me. :/
2 - Brigitte Aphrodite: Ok I'm gonna try and be nice. I liked the melody and the lyrics. I like that it has elements of old British rock bands like the Rolling Stones, The Kinks and The Beatles. But I don't like her voice. I think that any other voice would make this song even better, and poor vocals have really ruined this song. :(
3 - Go Periscope: Loving this one. I like electronic/indie songs and this one is definitely getting repeated over and over again. I think the verses are better than the chorus, which is strange because usually I prefer a catchy chorus over solid verses, but I can visualise myself listening to this on the way to and from work. Tune! :)
4 - He is We: I like her voice a lot, and it surprised me because I thought it was going to be a male singer for some reason LOL. I think it dragged on a little bit, and needed something to give it an extra dimension for the listener. Nevertheless, I liked it. :)
5 - Joel Alme: I'm pleasantly surprised at this one, too. You can hear the emotion in your voice, and that can sometimes triumph over a catchy song or better vocals. I like the choice of instruments on this one, but I think the latter part of the song lets the beginning down, which is a huge shame.
6 - King & Country: JESUS PROPAGANDA! LisaSak has this one spot on; the instrumental bits are amazing and the vocals let this down. In fact, if it wasn't clearly Jesus Propaganda and changed for a girl/boy then I would have enjoyed it more. I don't want Jesus shoved down my throat tyvm. >:(
7 - Latrice Royale & Manila Luzon: Anyone who watches Rupaul's Drag Race knows exactly what this song is. Two divas belting out a feel good track. Really catchy, too. I'm gonna listen to this and then get back on that Zurka. Zurka. Zurka. Get back on that Zurka. :)
8 - Matt Pond: Sounds a bit like The Kooks, minus the dodgy accents. Liking this song a lot; it has a lot of the elements I enjoy in a song I listen to: fast pace, catchy melody, great vocals and brilliant lyrics. Damn this is good. :)
9 - Sahara Davenoport (with Gomi): Another Rupaul's drag race contestant singing? I'm shocked Shangela or Willam aren't in this TSC either! As much as I like Sahara, and may he rest in peace, he cannot sing. At all. :(
10 - Selah Sue: Wow, big hair! I like her singing voice, but I do not get the whispering thing at all, and in fact it makes me feel really uneasy. It's like something from a creepy trippy nightmare. :S
11 - The Killers: I love The Killers and this song, although not as catchy as some of their stuff, is still a fantastic song. The lyrics are amazing! :)
12 - The White Buffalo: This was a good song, but a bit 'backgroundy' for me. It's something I would have playing in the background whilst I was busy doing something else, and it wouldn't make me stop and listen. I like his voice, though. :)
13 - Tomcraft & Sam Obernik: She sounds like one of the girls in Cocorosie. A very different song to end this TSCb, and although it is different I don't think it will score highly. It's not for me, sadly.
4165 days 22 hours ago
Insanity
1. Big Fox - Awwwwwh.  This was rather cute!  Her voice is really soothing, and the piano combined with her melodic voice is combined rather beautifully.  A wonderful start to the contest! :’]

2. Brigitte Aphrodite - I’m not sure what to think of her.  Haha!  I dunno.  Something about her is just off.  I mean, I liked it, but I didn’t LOVE it.

3. Go Periscope - Did they say “That’s what we’re fucking for” at one point? LOL.  Wonder how that’s going to go over with bibbles! ;) Anyways, I really liked this song.  I just wanna dance right now! :D I’m noticing slowly but surely that I REALLY like electronica.

4. He Is We - They’re music is very bibbles™ TWEE!  Sometimes I like them, sometimes I don’t.  This was simply “ok.”

5. Joel Alme - Meh.  I feel like I was supposed to feel something from this, but I really didn’t.  It just plodded along.

6. King & Country - The intro made me think I was gonna like this song.  Then I listened to it further and discovered that this song is far too boring and dull for me.

7. Latrice Royale and Manila Luzon - Alright Tolis or Pok3r… I see how it is.  Anyways, I’ve heard this song before.  It’s not THAT bad, but it’s nothing I’d return to.

8. Matt Pond - Awwwwwwh.  This is a super cute video.  I feel like I’m supposed to be happy, but then I see the title of the song and I just go “LOL.”  But really, I still like this song! :’]

9. Sahara Davenport (with Gomi) - Another RuPaul entry.  Oh my Jesus Lord!  Her voice during the chorus is super annoying. @_@ Now I’m begging for Latice and Manila back! ;~; OH GOD!  AND THAT ENDING!  WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?  NO!  NO!  NO!  I’M SO DONE WITH THIS!

10. Selah Sue - Her voice reminds me of Tristan Prettyman, only more… I dunno the word… Rough?  In a good way though! :P I’m not particularly crazy about the song.

11. The Killers - Always have liked them.  Even their slow songs I adore.  This was no different! <3 Umf!

12. The White Buffalo - When he started singing, I didn’t think I was going to like this.  However, I ended up enjoying it.  He has a unique quality to his voice.  I like it! :D By the end I was really satisfied!

13. Tomcraft & Sam Obernik - I’m not sure what he’s trying to do here.   Is this another drag queen? @_@ No.
4165 days 19 hours ago
Limegrass
1 - Big Fox - very catchy! yes, i think i enjoyed this :)!
2 - Brigitte Aphrodite - don't really particularly like this, i can understand why someone would though! just not really my thing i listen to.
3 - Go Periscope - this was very good! but it got a bit annoying towards the end! .... good though!
4 - He is We - yes. that is all i have to say.
5 - Joel Alme - this was very good! i liked the vocal and the music and yeah .... very good!
6 - King & Country - this is one of those songs you feel you've heard about 2390483290 times before, good but a little generic if i may say!
7 - Latrice Royale & Manila Luzon - ummm .... what was that?
8 - Matt Pond - i did like this, but i didn't really like the vocals that much to be honest :/
9 - Sahara Davenoport (with Gomi) - oh dear.
10 - Selah Sue - omg i love her voice, oh dear, fangirls!
11 - The Killers - GET THE KILLERS OUT OF MY FACE.
12 - The White Buffalo - omg i loved this, and i have no idea why.
13 - Tomcraft & Sam Obernik - i didn't mind this, it got a bit annoying though maybe?
4165 days 13 hours ago
bibbles
so sorry i wasnt here yesterday!!

1 - Big Fox – bordering twee, (apparently this is trademarked now!!)  but I liked the melody and it had nice background bits. Quite a nice little hook going. Shame about the slow bit.
2 - Brigitte Aphrodite – not liking that first bit!! Oh the guitars have started. Oh no mockney!!!
3 - Go Periscope – a bit bland, a bit old school, but not as good!! And he swore!!! How original!
4 - He is We – don’t like her voice, a bit twee and that plodding piano, its getting annoying!! A dragging a bit.
5 - Joel Alme – very nice profile picture!! Very 60s!! reminded me of the tremeloes!!
6 - King & Country – nice melody, has shades of coldplay. Like the vocals, it’s a mellow little ditty!! Oh a christian rock back!!
7 - Latrice Royale & Manila Luzon – what on earth did it just subject my ears to!!!!! This song is about 4minutes and 28 seconds too long!!
8 - Matt Pond – a bit speedy!! Quite like this one, catch, like to vocals, feels good!
9 - Sahara Davenoport (with Gomi) – bangs head on wall, cos its better than listening to this!!!
10 - Selah Sue – don’t normally like this sort of thing but after listening to the last song, I quite like this one!! Good composition and bridging!!
11 - The Killers – I normally like the killers but this dragged a bit! Plus, its from a number 1 album, which I didn’t think was allowed!
12 - The White Buffalo – catchy!! Ooh I like his voice. Reminds me of someone, but cant remember who!!
13 - Tomcraft & Sam Obernik – old school, her voice is annoying and its repetitive!!

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!