This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC BETA 147

Topic » TSC BETA 147

598 days 13 hours ago
tbrown_47
Great week everyone :)

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3vRlT2k2L35Cnn5C/giphy.gif

01) The Pussycat Dolls: I have a love/hate relationship with this group. They have some bops, but they also have some overrated and awful songs. I used to really enjoy this when I was younger, but listening now, it has aged a bit. It’s just not as impactful as I think it wants to be. This is moving towards the overrated side of the spectrum, but I still moved a bit

02) Rihanna: I do love us running through her entire discography. But talk about aging like wine. This song was always annoying to me, but I am moving. Ok the post chorus is still annoying, but overall this is quite fun.

03) Hilary Duff: So I’ve never been a Hilary Duff fan. I didn’t care about Lizzie McGuire or Cadet Kelly, and I didn’t care when she tried to make music. She was just never my brand of Disney. It’s cute, teeny bop pop which is fine. I just don’t have any nostalgic ties to this song to make me interested, especially when I see some songs later in the running order that are going to give me my life, you know?

04) Christina Aguilera: I wasn’t quite in the mood for this I fear. I do feel like the message is a bit forced and kind of cheesy, but this song is fine. I’m guessing we’ve used up all her of good songs by this point

05) Holly Valance: The DOA movie is so funny to me considering the Dead or Alive series are some of my favorite video games ever. So imagine my surprise this morning when I found out Holly Valance makes music? This woman also sings? Wow! And she charted somewhere? I never felt so proud of someone in my life. I can’t take this seriously, but I also kind of love this? I feel like I would hate this if this was anyone else, but Holly is so talented she makes it work. I’m so so happy for her! Yessssss

06) A-Mei: I knew from the thumbnail this would serve something good. Her voice is awful but the vibes are immaculate. But woah the instrumental bridge? Total collapse.

07) Pia Mia: Tyga is my favorite shitty rapper. Like he’s so bad, he’s good. I was a Rack City truther back in the day. His presence is raising this song to new heights. Honestly, even Chris Brown (*barfs*) kind of slayed. Pia Mia…well she tried

08) Vanessa Quai: I don’t really want to support Vanessa this week, but I do enjoy a good beachy, reggae vibe. I also kind of stan the fact that she was like 14 when this came out. Good for her. This does drag a bit though. I need a bit more from this than just some basic reggae instrumentation

09) Five: Ok, there is a lot to unpack here. First, this song was an integral part of Smart House, the best DCOM ever. Second, this is objectively terrible. Like they really are trying to rap lol. But the beat is so good, so I kind of get it. Third, this video is the most 90s generic boy band thing ever between the choreography and the shots of them shooting layups. Kind of iconic. Overall, this is one of the best white boy band songs ever. Like this literally has all of the good and bad things that make a boy band for me. Backstreet Boys tried with Backstreet’s Back, but it doesn’t have that same oomph. 98 Degrees never had the range, and the talentless hacks of Nsync never had a clue how to make good music. So yeah, good send xx

10) Lil' Kim: I’m taking credit for this song as I do believe my tsc comments this week inspired the Lil’ Kim send. This really is such an intelligent send. And an all star lineup! Really some of the most iconic and talented women of the 90s (and Angie Martinez). Songs like these were a staple of my childhood. Thank you sender!

11) Aitana, Cali Y Al Dandee: I would like to apologize to the sender because this week is iconic, and this just never had a chance. It’s not fair, and I’m sorry

12) Hole: I’m taking credit for this as well because tsc comments. You get it. I played this song all the time back in middle school when I was obsessed with Rockband. This was Courtney Love’s peak. The instrumentation is spot on, especially the bass. Surprised it took so long for this to show up in Beta

13) Red Hot Chili Peppers: Under the Bridge is their most overrated song so thank you for not sending that! Californication is one of my favorite albums ever so while I would’ve preferred something from that album, this is a really good song. Flea pops off and really makes the song imo. A classic RHCP song!
596 days 15 hours ago
bibbles
01) The Pussycat Dolls – not a fan, not my type of music.
02) Rihanna – not a rihanna fan even thought I won with one of her songs!!
03) Hilary Duff – its okay, better than the last two.
04) Christina Aguilera – hubby likes christina Aguilera!
05) Holly Valance – it was okay, holly trying shake her wholesomeness!
06) A-Mei – very 80s pop feel.
07) Pia Mia – nope!!!!
08) Vanessa Quai – not really a reggae fan, it was okay.
09) Five – these sort of songs are so funny now, like pj and Duncan!!
10) Lil' Kim – That ruined ladies night!!
11) Aitana, Cali Y Al Dandee – not my sort of thing, it was okay.
12) Hole – not a Courtney love fan.
13) Red Hot Chili Peppers – that was good.
596 days 15 hours ago
J2999
001. The Pussycat Dolls : Ok this was actually quite a serve? TPD are a kinda funny music group existence, but like Nicole did sound good here, the music was pleasant too, pretty solid listen overall.

002. Rihanna : A good Rihanna song definitely. The chorus has always been IT. Fun energy to the song, probably one of her best songs sent whilst I've been in Beta too.

003. Hilary Duff : Chorus has a bit of a bop to it yesss. Not GAGGING over this song as a whole, but it's decent still. Verses quite dry, but good chorus.

004. Christina Aguilera : Another Christina Beta appearance that I just do not really care for. This was LONG. I've probably said this numerous times before but here we are again, she has a good voice. But that's as much as I'm getting from this. It was FINE enough that the vocals still managed to deliver, but I'm still left like mehhh.

005. Holly Valance : Ok never mind CHRISTINA AGUILERA YOU WILL ALWAYS BE FAMOUS like this style of singing that feels like... so minimal, I don't care for that. The music is ok, but like it's not giving masses either.

006. A-Mei : Quite like this, pleasantly boppy mostly, but it all comes together well. Mini instrumental breakout was fun too.

007. Pia Mia : Ohhhh I totally forgot this song existed for a HOT sec. But bopasooooo this is gooood.  Esp that chorus yessss that's always had a fun catch to it. Go offfff.

008. Vanessa Quai : Pretty pleasant. Goes on a bit long, but it's calm music and her voice sounds good too.

009. Five : The intro to this served. As did the chorus. Pretty solid listen, quite enjoyed.

010. Lil' Kim : This is fine? The part at the end was the best. The rest I didn't massively care for. It's not bad, just ehh not doing much for me.

011. Aitana, Cali Y Al Dandee : Two legends in a collab? Yes please. Used to hearing more boppy music by Aitana so this is a nice change. Very strong, solid song.

012. Hole : Hmmm this has some decent music. As a whole idrc for this, but like the music will probs sneak a point or two.

013. Red Hot Chili Peppers : I've never really cared for the RHCP but this is kinda good? All of this works pretty well actually. This was a good listen.
595 days 15 hours ago
FromAWindow
01) The Pussycat Dolls - Lmaoooooo why this send? Like it’s fine. It’s just so perfectly average ya know? We wanted a collapse and we got like the slightest shift in tectonic plates ya know?

02) Rihanna - Now THIS is a collapse!!!! One of her best songs and she’s a fave of mine. The 2010s CLUB ENERGY YASSSSSSSSSS GIVE IT TO US RIHANNA!!!!! SOMEWHERE IN THE CROOOOOOWD YASSSSSSSS I see Rihanna is gonna continue to be sent until she wins for the first time since BETA started up again lmaooo.

03) Hilary Duff - Yessssssss we love you Hilary!!!!! My fave growing up (with Ashley Tisdale) no because HOW HAS THIS NEVER BEEN SENT? Her voice isn’t the best here but who cares when this song is this iconic? Boppppppp

04) Christina Aguilera - I’m happy for whoever sent this especially if they’re someone who takes six inch needles every day but like no bestie. The voice is incredible duh but zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

05) Holly Valance - No because this is camp. Like this isn’t a bad song at all, I’m bopping!!!!! It’s just camp lmao but I am loving the production on this tbh, very drum and bass hyperpop before hyperpop ya know? Bop!!!!!

06) A-Mei - YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! Oh we’re MOVINGGGG!!!!!!! Oh these are such ICONICCCC picks from 2000s-early 2010s Asian music recently, this really is SUCH a bop!!!!!!

07) Pia Mia - YESSSSSSSSSSS DIVAAAAAA I get it tom, this is a bopppppp this is sooooooo giving that early 2010s nostalgia I live for this!!!!!

08) Vanessa Quai - We love you seaviper! I will say at least this is like fun and vibey and stuff I like this!!

09) Five - Bald lmaoooooo I’m kinda living for this tbh. This is such underground boy band from the early 2000s (actually probably late 90s with the emphasis on basketball) energy but that bass do be THUMPINGGGGGGGG like that bassist really put his whole bussy into this wow. Boppppppp!!!!!

10) Lil' Kim - YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OH THIS IS A WINNER SERVE DUHHHH yeah I’m LIVING FOR THIS!!!!!!!! No because THEYRE ALL SERVING and they did a great great job getting different rappers with different rappers and tones on the song to make it such a serve. BAWPPPP!!!!

11) Aitana, Cali Y Al Dandee - Queen of math yassssssss this is kind of good! Like it’s not my favorite thing ever at all I’m the slightest but it is serving enough 2000s energy in a later song for me to be into this plus her voice is beautiful. Wow he’s bad though. What purpose did this m*n serve? BOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Okay Aitana is back we’re fine now thank God. It’s a fine song!

12) Hole - BOPPPPPPPPP yeah kinda duh. I think I noticed this hadn’t been sent like a month ago and forgot to do anything about it oops. Glad someone else noticed though because this is a greatttttt rock song!!!!!! She’s so so good in this, giving passive emo girl but for the greater masses. This is a great song :)))

13) Red Hot Chili Peppers - No because I’m actually into this one tbh. The beat and bass are really so so driving here that it undoes anything his voice could do to hurt the song. This vibe is fantastic tbh. I’m really into this one!!!
595 days 13 hours ago
Darbe
01) The Pussycat Dolls - its cute and catchy. i think nearly all their other songs have aged better than this, but yeah it's nice.
02) Rihanna - predictable as we've discussed this being entered for like 2 months but it's obviously a top tier rihanna song. such a smash! i love the chorus and just the entire build into it. 
03) Hilary Duff - it's cute. i think i'd like this more if i had nostalgia to it, but it does have an innocence to it which is endearing. nice.
04) Christina Aguilera - i went through a stage last year when life was kicking me down and all the self-love songs i'd previously dismissed suddenly felt very important to me. this was one of those songs. fortunately i'm not in that place anymore, but i gained a new found respect for this song because of that period. 
05) Holly Valance - i liked this. had the sort of underground pop production from the 2000s which i always seem to appreciate.
06) A-Mei - well personally this isn't my thing at all. i don't really feel anything from this if i'm honest.
07) Pia Mia - i'm glad i was reminded of this as i loved it back in 2014. it's still really fun!
08) Vanessa Quai - there's not really much to say to this. i found her first tsc qualifying entry funny and then it all kind of missed after that for me, im sorry.
09) Five - i always consider Five a one hit wonder but with a different song of theirs. interesting to see they have other songs which exist. i've said it before but i find this style of early 2000s pop music kinda corny.
10) Lil' Kim - this was pretty good! i liked the rapping. i wasn't really into the use of the sample though.
11) Aitana, Cali Y Al Dandee - i doubt i'll remember anything about this after the contest, but it was pleasant.
12) Hole - iconic song! i feel like i enjoy this song more every time i hear it actually. the guitars are so good and the nirvana rock feel is cool.
13) Red Hot Chili Peppers - i really like this. one of their better songs. i have a lot of nostalgia with it and i'm glad beta was able to hear a good song of theirs for once!
595 days 13 hours ago
SeaViper
1) The Pussycat Dolls - Cute, but really not their best besties
2) Rihanna - Waiittt I forgot this BOP existed! Twerking pretty hard right now :D
3) Hillary Duff - This isn't horrendous, but I am somewhat bored by this, sorry :(
4) Christina Aguilera - Yeah...this just isn't memorable. It's of it's age, and nothing more
5) Holly Valance - Another song very of it's era! This isn't bad, and probably will be scraping a couple points from me :)
6) A-Mei - LMFAO???? Wait, I was actually bopping to this like...seriously hard! Good job honestly!
7) Pia Mia - Suck eggs Pia Maria
8) Vanessa Quai-
9) Five - Why isn't this song going fifth? ;( I mean...this isn't great, but I don't want to kill someone after listening to this
10) Lil' Kim - You already know how I feel about rap...the singing bits weren't too bad though!
11) Aitana, Cali Y El Dandee - The rapping was atrocious, but the non-rap songs were honestly...BOP! Without the rap this would've topped it for me this week
12) Hole - Waittt another bop yesssss! I was seriously jamming to this...*claps*
13) Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Didn't love this, but also didn't hate it. I was expecting a bit more of a slay to be the closer though :(
595 days 12 hours ago
LornaHollas
1. Not one of my go to songs by them but still a nice listen
2. One of my favourite Rihanna songs! I love the chaotic beat drop!
3. Not heard this before but quite liked it. She's sooo 2000s!
4. Christina has such a great voice!
5. I love how she went from this to having dinner with Trump and Nigel Farage lol
6. This was very fun!
7. That was horrendous!
8. I believe in the Vanessa Quai supremacy!
9. They are a band I've always heard the name of but never knew any songs. I wasn't missing out on much!
10. I love how she had every single feature possible for this song lol
11. Not my cup of tea! This was really bad!
12. I believe in the Courtney Love supremacy!
13. This song is always on the radio! Really good song!
595 days 12 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) The Pussycat Dolls - I GOTTA DO ITTTttTTTtTTTttttTTTTTTTT… Okay. Let's talk about this part. It really is one of the closest things to an exercism in 2000s pop isn't it? Like Nicole kinda shut up Mommy Melody forever with that part. Anyways the pussycat dolls are very good at creating a story and giving your mind a picture to paint with all of their songs, as the best of pop artists do (ABBA, Adele, Xtina, etc) and obviously I am comparing them to those artists! A solid choice from them.
02) Rihanna - Probably the wrong choice for Rihanna. It just feels like we're starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel when I already know on my personal list there are still some actual Rihanna bops to choose from. This was the beginning of her stale eras of music.
03) Hilary Duff - Probably one of my favorite songs as a kid. She really went there with this, and changed rain FOREVER as we know it! Not many people can do that
04) Christina Aguilera - Mom… I had such a big Xtina phase in high school. This song obviously inspires me to find my own voice within, naturally! One of her best slow songs but that's a long list of course, we are talking about Her
05) Holly Valance - Hadn't heard this before, why is she so quiet? It's distracting me lol
06) A-Mei - Oh this guitar strumming is really serving me right. It's giving Bailamos by Enrique. A-Mei is here to STAY! Although I'm sure this song is old as it sounds dated. Mom. This song makes me want to go out and find a bad boy
07) Pia Mia - I have a friend who says this is one of her favorite pop songs, not even kidding lol. It's like a very average bop to me but still a bop
08) Vanessa Quai - Good for her for charting!
09) Five - This feels like a pop song we'd hear in a movie that's like not a real pop song in our canon but it belongs to a fictional group from a movie… ya know what I mean? Like it has absolutely no meaning behind it but that's ok because it seves a purpose to be catchy pop. The way this is really coming for backstreet boys' drag... I actually like it tho
10) Lil' Kim - I am really digging the Ladies Night sample. This is chill lil kim, or should we call her chill kim? Sorry…
11) Aitana, Cali Y Al Dandee - Aitana mom, everyone else meh. I like the spanish rock vibes here
12) Hole - Such a huge bop… And honestly ages like wine every time. What a cultural moment this was. Few songs can amp me up like this
13) Red Hot Chili Peppers - I don't think I've had the pleasure of hearing this… chaotic… track before. I prefer their other stuff
595 days 6 hours ago
Christian_
Tonight's Running Order
01) The Pussycat Dolls: 🧃, it was okay, i couldnt hear them very well so it was just okay!
02) Rihanna: 🍷, yes this will always be a bop!
03) Hilary Duff: 🍷, lets the rain fall down on me sm... :sob: bop!
04) Christina Aguilera: 🍷, buh buh buh banger! the voice within is saying this is a great song!
05) Holly Valance: 🧃, not leaving much of an impact
06) A-Mei: 🧃, this was okay! meh!
07) Pia Mia: ☕ sorta wish it was pia MIRANDA singing it but...it was good!
08) Vanessa Quai: 🧉, oh not for me!
09) Five: 🧃, i bopped my head once or twice!
10) Lil' Kim: 🧉, eh wasn't feeling this either, too many cooks in the kitchen!
11) Aitana, Cali Y Al Dandee: 🍷, this was quite beautiful!
12) Hole: 🧉, wouldn't stick it in this hole!
13) Red Hot Chili Peppers: 🧉, meh! meh! meh! MEH!
595 days 6 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
01. the pussycat dolls - i like them better when they're doing bangers (ie. bottle pop best song ever created) but this has always been a rly qt song by them. nicole would go onto outdoing this song with the superior emotional whoppa 'don't hold your breath' though i fear. ALSO this cover outsells, https://streamable.com/gn0rz . but like it's a good song

02. rihanna - probably one of her more faceless songs, but if any of the last betas are any indication it's that beta loves their dated edm songs... me included. a whopper i fear

03. hilary duff - for some reason everytime i've watched this video i thought that house was cgi... idk the visuals are so wii/playstation 2 that they're nostalgic to me even though i was not old enough for lizzie mcguire... anyways this is a teen pop masterpiece duh...

04. christina aguilera - one of xtina's songs i respect, but wouldn't go out of my way to listen to. it's good though!

05. holly valance - this pop masterpiece. like 'state of mind' is probably better however this is just so sultry and sexy and minimalist in that british production way like whoaa... if there's anything that detracts from this is that she has a terrible voice but i mean... sex symbol goddess pop connoisseur holly valance does not need to sound good on the mic she just needs to be holly valance and that is what makes this a slay.

06. a-mei - this kind of took me out before it got old really fast. idk it's cute and all for a moment but really does not justify its' length at all. very cheesy

07. pia mia - i am completely bamboozled by this because i had nothing to do with this send even though i'm one of the people who still acnowledges pia mia to this day... like OMG at a specific point in time in 2014-2015 she was the EMPRESS of music it was a blink it and you'll miss it moment but my eyes were WIDE AWAKE... this is such an elite beta pick and probably one of the better songs ever made if i'm bein quite honest. just so nostalgic and such an encapsulation of its' time... a pop masterpiece... yeah

08. vanessa quai - awee!! she looks so pretty in the cover.

09. five - my brand of british pop is specifically only sexy women doing sexy electropop music and this is very much not that. it was cute i guess but also didn't go anywhere melodically for me.

10. lil' kim - not the lil' kim song i would have RAN to use (when the jump off and crush on you are still eligible) but i'd say this is on par with them yeah. a full on classic and just in general a great ass time

11. aitana, cali y al dandee - i prefer her vengaboys era to her 00s pop rock cosplay era i fear but this was cute. i wonder what the cali y al dandee mcdonalds meal would entail

12. hole - one of those 'it took people 147 contests to send this song?' sends. i expect this to do rly well and it very much deserves to like wow an iconic song that has aged really well actually.

13. red hot chili peppers - i've only really heard of them in passing sans 'under the bridge' and have never got around to hearing their discography. this was cute!
595 days 5 hours ago
turkeylover
01) The Pussycat Dolls - like woah,,,, this is kinda a pop masterpiece like yassssssssssssss… so slay….. And a classic too like…. Im kinda bald that hasn’t been sent before….
02) Rihanna - like yeah this is a bit slay but it aged for me !
03) Hilary Duff - this is cutesy!! She kinda cant see but this is giving taylor so yassss
04) Christina Aguilera - a ballad im asleep
05) Holly Valance - this was okay! It’s cute! I like the chorus
06) A-Mei - this was fun! Kinda passed me by but yasss
07) Pia Mia - scary features but this kinda pops yasss
08) Vanessa Quai - this is nice i suppose… just kinda there
09) Five - i kinda moved yasss
10) Lil' Kim - oh this slays yassssssss
11) Aitana, Cali Y Al Dandee - this kinda does nothing for me…. Yeah :/
12) Hole - YASSSSSSSSSSS a classic like woah,,,
13) Red Hot Chili Peppers - this isnt as bad as i expected… yeah!
595 days 4 hours ago
ilovetosing
Hi.
595 days 4 hours ago
ilovetosing
New page.
595 days 4 hours ago
ilovetosing
Page 3.

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!