This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC BETA 144

Topic » TSC BETA 144

620 days 21 hours ago
turkeylover
14) Havana Brown - 'We Run The Night (Ft. Pitbull)'               
620 days 21 hours ago
turkeylover
All 14 songs have been posted!!

you have until 3pm est on thursday to comment and vote etc etc
620 days 18 hours ago
Darbe
01) Sean Kingston - woo go sean paul! nah but this actually is quite fun. one of my preferred songs my him anyway.
02) Lady Gaga, Elton John - how much i enjoy the chromatica era really does depend on my mood. i do quite like this one, it's got a unique drop.
03) ROSALÍA - every-time i've heard a rosalia song in one of these contests i've really enjoyed it so i need to check her out more. she's very good and i liked this too!
04) Ilona - i'm definitely not the demographic for this.
05) Jennifer Lopez - maybe my favourite jlo song? it's definitely up there. the horns are iconic.
06) LeAnn Rimes - this sounds like something my dad would really like. in fact he's sitting next to me right now so i've turned it down as i'm scared he knows it and is going to start singing along. a pretty ballad, even though it's not really my vibe.
07) Ciara - this is a good one! i like quite a few of her big hits and this is one of them.
08) Garbage - we're going to get so many comments saying 'garbage' aren't we. i feel like on paper i should really like this, but it was only okay. maybe it needs more listens.
09) Britney Spears - i've never been as into the early 2000s pop sound as much as everyone else seems to be. like i'd just never listen to britney's early songs out of choice. it's decent for that genre, but the genre itself is corny.
010) Kasabian - they have several GREAT songs that are still eligible so it's a shame this was used, even though i do quite like the song. it's just a bit poppier than i would want from them.
11) Demi Lovato - in a similar way to early 2000s pop, i don't care a great deal for disney pop-rock either. where is the MATURITY? i'm sure she must have better available.
12) Katy Perry - most annoying song from the teenage dream era. best part is easily the bridge.
13) T-ARA - my dad is still sitting next to me watching golf and he just turned to me and said 'that sounds like something britney could release'. honestly he does have a point. the first song i've heard of theirs that is decent enough.
14) Havana Brown - this was a fun closer. i'd actually never heard this before. it made me laugh as i moved.
620 days 13 hours ago
LornaHollas
1.        Lol I had forgotten about this song.
2.        I remember before Chromatica was released and everyone thought the song with Elton was going to be a ballad and then we got this bop instead! Gutted I wasn’t in London when the Chromatica tour hit the UK, any other time would’ve been fine but I was back up in Scotland then! Like do the whole of the country not just the capital!
3.        Well this was certainly different
4.        A bit of an acid trip but I weirdly enjoyed it…
5.        Just found out this song was written by James Brown lol. I mean that just adds to how iconic this is!
6.        It’s alright, think it might be a grower
7.        Never cared for this song, Ciara has better
8.        An alt 90s classic! It’s such a mood!
9.        Absolute classic! Still pops off! Britneys debut album is one of my faves!
10.        It’s kind of a vibe
11.        This song had potential but omg the lyrics were embarrassing! Super cringey! The instrumental was really good though!
12.        This is such a marmite song! I know people who love it and others who detest it thinking it’s one of her worst songs! I quite like it and find myself randomly singing it!
13.        The way I thought this was going to be a cover of the Britney song lol. It does sound very Britney esq though!
14.        Never heard this before, it’s very early 2010s!
620 days 12 hours ago
ilovetosing
01) Sean Kingston  - 'Fire Burning'  🧃 - The song is catchy yes, but the vocals, yeah......, they're not doing it for me, also the lyrics sound exactly like every single party song released in that era as well.

02) Lady Gaga, Elton John - 'Sine From Above' 🧃 - Eh......, not sure what to say about this but it's ok I guess.

03) ROSLÍA  - 'BIZCOCHITO' 🧉 - This sounds like an unfinished demo track.

04) Ilona - 'Un monde parfait'  🥛 - 3 minutes?! Nope.

05) Jennifer Lopez - 'Get Right'   ☕️ - Kind of forgotten this song existed, the horn is catchy but it gets annoying after it keeps getting looped.

06) LeAnn Rimes - 'I Need You' 🍷 - This is pretty! I like this.

07) Ciara - 'Level Up' 🧉 - I know some people will be screaming over this, but I don't really care for this. It's also getting more and more annoying with its repetitive chorus.

08) Garbage - 'Only Happy When It Rains' 🧃 - Very 90s rock, it's ok but I've never really been a big fan of this genre unless it's really good or there's something special about it.

09) Britney Spears - '(You Drive Me) Crazy' 🍷 - This is probably her most catchiest tune in her first album.

10) Kasabian - 'CHEMICALS' 🧃 - Well, it's ok I guess.

11) Demi Lovato - 'La La Land' 🍷 - I mean, it's kind of funny to look at this song and compare it to Demi Lovato now, but it's still a good song regardless.

12) Katy Perry - 'Peacock'  🥛 - THERE'S A MUSIC VIDEO FOR THIS SONG? LMAO WHY DIDN'T I KNOW THIS. I'm going to hide all the peacocks in the zoo now.

13) T-ARA - 'You Drive Me Crazy' ☕️ - Very dated, and it sounds a lot like "If U Seek Amy" by Britney Spears, but I can still accept this.

14) Havana Brown - 'We Run The Night (Ft. Pitbull)' 🍷 - This song is trash yes, but it's like good trash lmao. It was everywhere in 2012 and like I like it a lot.
619 days 18 hours ago
tbrown_47
Low effort comments because I’m on vacation. But I’m also not sorry because this was a really bad week so…

01) Sean Kingston - don’t hate it, don’t love it. But I guess if you want to send him, this would be the song
02) Lady Gaga, Elton John - hmm chromatica Gaga? Choices
03) ROSLÍA - this is not as endearing as it wants to be
04) Ilona - ok…
05) Jennifer Lopez - forgot this song existed. Far from her best , but Jenny you will always be from the block
06) LeAnn Rimes - cute
07) Ciara - not my favorite from her but it works
08) Garbage - always hated this band tbh but this is their best song
09) Britney Spears - probably my second favorite Britney song. Werk
10) Kasabian - kind of reminds me of neon trees? But I don’t mind this. Works for me
11) Demi Lovato - I also still eat McDonald’s!
12) Katy Perry -
13) T-ARA - discount if you seek Amy…or maybe if you seek amy is a discount this song. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
14) Havana Brown - I lived for the “run em like run em whoop” line back in high school. Iconic
619 days ago
bibbles
01) Sean Kingston – that was quite bad, like some song played at a childrens club house trying to be edgy!!
02) Lady Gaga, Elton John – not a fan of lady gaga but like Elton john, didn’t like the ending!
03) ROSLÍA – the only bit I liked, was when it finished!!
04) Ilona – I feel like I got the wrong email that said submit a childrens song this week!!
05) Jennifer Lopez – not a jlo fan!
06) LeAnn Rimes – its okay, a bit country, a samey, but it not too bad.
07) Ciara – is this the theme tune for the minister of levelling up!!
08) Garbage – used to quite like garbage. Think I might have a cd of theses somewhere!
09) Britney Spears – its okay, typical Britney!
010) Kasabian – glad serge stepped up when Tom had to leave.
11) Demi Lovato – its okay, not something I would choose to listen to.
12) Katy Perry – not a fan and this confirms why.
13) T-ARA  - its okay, a bit repetitive, but not too bad.
14) Havana Brown – wasn’t this in last week!
618 days 21 hours ago
SeaViper
1) Sean Kingston - The vast majority of this song was just noise, sorry bestie ;(
2) Lady Gaga, Elton John - WHAT THE FUCK WAS THIS? I stan both Lady Gaga and Elton John but sorry, this was just awful, they both sounded like muppets ;(
3) ROSALIA - I mean appreciate that this is a bit different for BETA, but I still didn't like it
4) ILONA - ????? WHAT IS THIS MASTERPIECE! I don't understand a word but I am seriously bopping along to this, LIKE EAST CREEPY DOLL THING!!!
5) Jennifer Lopez - The return of late 90's/early 2000's songs that literally all sound the same as each other, hooray :D
6) LeAnn Rimes - This was fucking weird but it's not bad. It's not exactly a great song but I don't hate it enough to hate it
7) Ciara - This song is very mid for me. Like a lot of it is yelling "Level Up" over and over again, but it's not that bad in comparison to some this week
8) Garbage - At least they know what they are!
9) Britney Spears - Kind of shocked this hasn't been sent before. I prefer "Toxic" but this is also sort of a bop, just a little samey
10) Kasabian - This did try and send me to sleep, but all in all it's not THAT bad, just not massively memorable for me
11) Demi Lovato - Sort of a bop! I'm a bit mixed here but overall I think I'm a fan of this :)
12) Katy Perry - Remember that time Katy Perry wrote a song about being a sex offender? Well this was it!
13) T-ARA - Yeah not vibing to this. A bit like our opener most of this is just noise bestie
14) Havana Brown - Oh I hate the autotune in her voice, it's genuinely disturbing. Other than that, this wasn't horrible, but I don't want to ever listen to this again
618 days 5 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Sean Kingston – Well this is simply outdated and yeah, his vocals are not doing it and I am not vibing with this song whatsoever
02) Lady Gaga, Elton John – This is a legendary line-up and they did not disappoint as the song was dramatic and pumped me up and they both worked so well together
03) ROSLÍA – Her singing is hella annoying with that childish voice and the music gets super annoying and I am just praying that I can get my mind wiped after this
04) Ilona – Why am I not surprised that this charted someway and it is a cute children’s song that stands out in this contest
05) Jennifer Lopez – Wait is this really a song because my god it is pure trash with that repetitive trumpet beat driving me insane
06) LeAnn Rimes – This is a dreamy ballad that is for sure inspiring and sounds like something you hear at the end of a Movie which is a good thing coming from me
07) Ciara – She is putting the energy here but the singing from her and the background vocalists gets on my nerves and it is way too fast paced
08) Garbage – Well this song describes us Brits during a Heatwave and yeah it is a weird punk song that brings the misery down but I can’t help to get sucked into it
09) Britney Spears – This song is super underrated and it drives me crazy listening to the chorus and she got a great voice to go with it and it is just very good
10) Kasabian – Oh no this simply bores me with his graining vocals and it is just so bland and forgettable and I can’t get a reaction from me after it has finished
11) Demi Lovato – She is bringing that rock girl out and it is nice to see her in a different light as this is so refreshing as I love the punk elements of it being a bop
12) Katy Perry – This is bonkers and right up Katy’s alley as it is so catchy and how does she turn a song that should be awful into an amazing banger
13) T-ARA – Didn’t I hear this sometime earlier this contest but yeah, the only difference they share is the title and this is a great hit song that got me dancing with its beat
14) Havana Brown – The production in this is outstanding and I am liking the female singer bringing the party and energy into this and apart from Pitbull it is a masterpiece
617 days 17 hours ago
J2999
001. Sean Kingston  : SEAN KINGSTON !?!?!?! yessssss I moved !!!! I like totally forgot this song existed even though I've definitely heard it within the last couple months. Quite the server of a chorus honestly... this is a fun listen, good song, good send. A bit towards the second half kinda just existed, but overall it's still a bop.

002. Lady Gaga, Elton John : Oh I mean this is... the best song on Chromatica. This and Shallow are Lady Gaga's top two songs from her... recent songs, so like... definitely happy to see this here and it not be... something else y'know. Anyway this kinda is quite a serve of a song, the music gives, both Gaga and Elton John deliver, very good all round.

003. ROSLÍA : Roslia often seems to deliver kinda... cute short snappy songs. This falls in line quite well with that, but also... I kinda am moving? Pleasant, light bop really.  Ta-ra-ra ta-ra-ra. I kinda feel I'm... enjoying this more than I should be really.... but yessss good for her. In some ways the short length does... help too like short and sweet >>> over-bearing and dragging.

004. Ilona : YESS the music !!!!! Serving me up from the start...  French too like.... iconique absolutely. Though I did have to venture over to the music video because I was trying to figure whether it was screaming CHILDREN or CAMP [it was... giving both], so seeing children... yeah that doesn't surprise me. I do quite like this. The GAG and collapse kinda wore off after the first couple mins, but still an enjoyable listen I can't lie. It has my approval stamp. Though it is for children so obviously I never said that and will be unable to listen to this again.

005. Jennifer Lopez : Jennifer Lopez... it feels a hot min since Beta kinda sucked her dry. Wait just kidding she was literally in 6 contests ago, basically no breaks for her. The music is kinda cute? Her voice is decent too, of course. But it kinda feels like it... never really ends up anywhere. OK PLEASE that trumpet or whatever noise ended up too repetitive but... that kinda makes this funnier and more iconic.... JLo you will always be famous [not rly]!!!!! A CHILD VOICE TO CLOSE IT? She's doing wayyyy too much just to do way too much, I... respect it. It's ok.

006. LeAnn Rimes : This had me interested from the start, pleasant intro to it... Her voice is good. It's... a sweet song overall. I feel I want.... more from it though. She has a couple good vocal points, but for the most part it's like.... in the pleasant category just wanting a bit more from it I suppose. Decent listen though.

007. Ciara : Ohh yes yes this song. No idea where I recognise it from but all them LEVEL UP LEVEL UPs are definitely familiar. 5431LeggoLevelUpLevelUp. It kinda serves... it kinda does. After hearing this for [probably] the first time all the way through, the ... good parts basically are repetitive, but .... yeah I still like it. Fun listen sure.

008. Garbage : I quite like the vibe of this, though initially thought I was going to be into it more than I was. It has good music to it, and the vocals are.... fine, but there isn't really anything about it that has me hooked massively. Yeah this is OK really. Felt it ended up dragging on a little too. Not bad, but ... not exactly for me I suppose.

009. Britney Spears : NOOOO BRITNEY SHOULD HAVE STOPPED AFTER THE COLLAPSE THAT WAS PERFUME !!!!! Oh but this song... whatever. I mean I enjoy the chorus to it. I'm sure any time she gets sent now I'll have to complain about it being worse than Perfume though. The rest of it is... fine, but most my enjoyment is coming from the chorus definitely, which is pretty catchy.

010. Kasabian : I saw Tim compare this to Neon Trees and I was excited and ready for the collapseeee. This is pleasant. Not quite Neon Trees unfortunately... though I CAN see where Tim was coming from, just not the Neon Trees kind of vibe I prefer. But anyway, there is some good music parts to this. Quite a vibe in parts actually. Decent listen overall.

011. Demi Lovato : Oh gawdddd Demi... diva. She's so real. Honestly I do like a fine amount of her stuff, like she DOES have a good voice. But unfortunately here... it's not particularly coming through.... and the music doesn't having me moving much either. I can see the vision the music has... but I'm just not connecting with it entirely. Actually midway through that instrumental went off a little... but overall yeah I was hoping for more from this. Ok anyway scrap half of what I said, the second half really brought it up lmfao. Where was that energy the first half.... Well that definitely SAVED the song and elevated it REALLY well, but still not the complete collapse I was kinda hoping it could be. IF ONLY SHE MADE THAT FIRST HALF... BETTER.

012. Katy Perry : Stahp this song I feel has had so many casual mentions in Beta. I didn't realise what it was really, but then the 'I wanna be your peacock' part is familiar, though I think that's as much as I knew of this. Typically I really enjoy Katy Perry, many serves, this though... was pretty lack-luster comparatively unfortunately? I don't think I'd go as far to call it good either. Shame.

013. T-ARA : Oh I don't listen to Britney but... I see the points made that this could be one of her songs musically and that wouldn't shock me. This is... fine. Decent music in parts, if I did want to listen to Britney though.... I'd go listen to Britney, sooo yeah. Though in fairness this didn't feel like it was dragging on... so there's that I guess.

014. Havana Brown : YESSSSSS.
617 days 13 hours ago
FromAWindow
01) Sean Kingston - Period. Icon or whatever. This is like kinda bad but who cares it’s fun :) 

02) Lady Gaga, Elton John - Yasssssss I’m going to the chromatica ball in a couple weeks!!!!! However this is my least favorite song on this album tbh. Give me babylon, replay, Alice, or free woman all day everyday though :))

03) ROSALÍA - I really should listen to this whole album everything I’ve heard from it has been a total bop tbh. Nothing stand out yet again like the other Rosalia songs but super super solid.

04) Ilona - Thank you for the laugh :)

05) Jennifer Lopez - Yaaaaaaaaassssssss iconic. Purely iconic. It’s just so so impossible to not dance to this song, this was on my pride playlist I made for my Starbucks and this was the one song that got literally everyone on the floor moving. Bop.

06) LeAnn Rimes - Oh this is well produced! A little cheesy but I’ll take it, it’s cute in the good way and feel goody :)

07) Ciara - This is so clearly winning this week and I’d have sent it like six months ago if this charting in New Zealand had been on Wikipedia lmao. Grats on the win, this is really such a serve.

08) Garbage - This is kinda cool and different for the first half! I’m not usually a grunge guy tbh and I was on board! But then I got kind board of it tbh by the second half of it.

09) Britney Spears - Thank you for sending this and not hit me baby one time tbh. I mean this is the same song with the chord progression and production and everything but I’m not sick of this like baby one more time so this is a bop :))

10) Kasabian - Oh kinda bopppp I’m kinda moving yasss this is rock done well :))

11) Demi Lovato - Oh I forgot all about this song Omg this is Demi? Period, well now it’s her best song LMAOO I kinda love this song tbh it’s just nostalgic to me. Bopppp

12) Katy Perry - …

13) T-ARA - Well…whatever this is it’s iconic yasssss diva. Idk what’s going on but I am moving yassssss

14) Havana Brown - Chaos incarnate yasssssssssssssssssssssssss kinda winner
617 days 11 hours ago
Christian_
Tonight's Running Order
01) Sean Kingston: 🍷 honestly i was moving! this rly was such a bop
02) Lady Gaga, Elton John: 🧃, eh this was fine i suppose...
03) ROSLÍA: 🧉, at least it was only two minutes...
04) Ilona: ☕, aw this video was so good...the song was nice too
05) Jennifer Lopez: ☕, she has better but she also has a lot worse
06) LeAnn Rimes: 🍷, yes its giving drama, story, love, iconic!
07) Ciara: ☕, i considered entering this into...something once upon a time. idr. bop tho.
08) Garbage: 🧃 i prefer the world is not enough but this was wasn't bad
09) Britney Spears: 🧃, this had a chokehold on my once upon a time but i sorta grew over it.
010) Kasabian: 🍷, ooooh i really liked this...
11) Demi Lovato: 🍷, ICONIC...THE LA LA LAND...
12) Katy Perry: ☕, reminds me of the beta members peacock i wanna see :blush:
13) T-ARA: 🧃, this was okay!
14) Havana Brown: 🍷, pitbull rly does make most songs...better. king
617 days 6 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) Sean Kingston - truly a KINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG this song smashes so hard I was getting my middle school life to this
02) Lady Gaga, Elton John - I don't remember this song being wine but it kinda is??? As  lady gaga and or a elton john song it's fine, as a lady gaga & elton john song it's underwhelming but like for some reason I feel like I'm taking my ass to church with this song so yay!!!!
03) ROSALÍA - she's submitted all the fucking time and for what?
04) Ilona - at this point I'm just wondering where you get these from
05) Jennifer Lopez - classic j lo, maybe not something I listen to on repeat but maybe I put on a party playlist as a throwback… still she has some sick beats
06) LeAnn Rimes - I love this messy queen but this song is anything but a mess. It straight up hits you, you get the point of it very quickly but it's powerful. I miss this radio era
07) Ciara - kind of… bad… but gets my ass… shaking
08) Garbage - kinda lame as a song but it's not the worst hook ever… when this song rains it needs to POUR!
09) Britney Spears - SIGH……. PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU FLEX SOME CREATIVE MUSCLES TO SEND SOMEONE WHO'S NOT BRITNEY! CONGRATS YOU HAVE MY ZERO :)
010) Kasabian - back in the 2000s when they played like trivia in movie theaters set to alt music this would be the exact mindless music they would throw under that trivia… just barely enough to tell you there was music there unless the volume was way up in that case it would be annyoing af
11) Demi Lovato - FASHION ICON? Don't even try to sell that to me… not even close to her best but I'll always take a demi vocal run
12) Katy Perry - cemented in gay camp history like she really did create a song for the tengaged blogs page in 2010 and for no one else mom
13) T-ARA - much prefer this YOU DRIVE ME CRAZY in beta over that milk other song! I'm feeling that this is like a sexy striptease but also chase scene song and I love that for it. Sorry I am not making any sense I need to sleep
14) Havana Brown - REALLY just an eternal bop! Who cares if it's good or bad it gets the bodies off the floor… especially with that chorus drop. I'm not aware this song has any verses I just love the drop!
617 days ago
PennyTrationStan
01. sean kingston - I MEAN... king of pop. honestly this doesn't touch the masterclass of 2010s electropop that is eenie meenie featuring justin bieber but it rly does go off... redone was truly in his bag in this era
02. lady gaga, elton john - hard pass this album killed music
03. rosalía - YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS. the mfkin serve invented music we love this faux latin latin award winning songstress.
04. ilona - avant garde in a sense ... all i know is if i were indila i'd watch out for my raggedy horse weave
05. jennifer lopez - the horns rly are iconic but i will always be #TeamAmerie f*ck u jlo BITCH. but good song
06. leann rimes - awee nice to know she had more than two songs. the daradadas are super familiar. it's cute!
07. ciara - i mean... this jersey club smash. all the girls wanted to be her for the next 3 years or so. it's honestly kind of aged since then but bop. there WERE better ciara choices available though
08. garbage - i've always meant to listen to them but have never gotten around. this is an iconic song i love the guitars so c*nt
09. britney spears - oh i mean down with britters but this is one of her best early hits.. so punchy and k*nty kapoww
10. kasabian - i had to do a double take when i researched this and saw it was from this year LMFAOOO. it sounds so late 2000s rock station for me. i thought this was cute! the chorus is good.
11. demi lovato - my sister used to be a huge demi stan so this was (unfortunately) a huge part of my childhood. she always had such a rachel berry gold star energy surrounding her during this era. but it's like fine idrc about this
12. katy perry - what the HELL is wrong with you. NOT sending the BETTER + MORE ICONIC unofficial music video?

shameful. but this song is so real i fear... a triumph in late 2000s electropop. not quite an eenie meenie featuring justin bieber but like .. a few ranks closer to that.
13. t-ara - speaking of peak late 00s electropop WOWWWW. this song goes so hard for no reason. kinda outsold the britney song of the same name and the song u ppl won't stop comparing it to by britney yeah yeah i said it. camp as fuck
14. havana brown - i mean... it's all been jokes and games until this point.. this is the undisputed winner of this beta edition no?? like it does sound like straight up shit but that's what makes it GOOD... avant garde CHAOS... the spirit of ami suzuki and yasutake nakata was found in this song. truly a masterclass in MUSIC. havana mfkin brown... she might have lost the plot since then but there was a moment where all the pieces fit so perfectly... mmhm yeah... we FREAKING love you havana brown!!!!!!!
616 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) Sean Kingston        sean kingston really did make bops       
02) Lady Gaga, Elton John        one of the worst songs on chromatica... trying to hard to be keiino       
03) ROSLÍA        https://c.tenor.com/oC-OHPXKUk4AAAAd/rosalia-chewing-gum.gif       
04) Ilona        come on children's song... (but please don't this was not camp enough... song wise... video delivered)       
05) Jennifer Lopez        J.Lo really had a solid era that gets overlooked       
06) LeAnn Rimes        this isn't can't fight the moonlight       
07) Ciara        I MEAN. YALL KNOW I LOVE ME MY CICI (not her best off Beauty Marks but I mean.... STILL FUCKING SLAPS)       
08) Garbage        ychm would hate me for shitting on this.... so i won't       
09) Britney Spears        BEST BRITNEY SONG. UGHHHH SO GOOOOOOD       
010) Kasabian        yea... no... i'm not angsty or straight enough for this       
11) Demi Lovato        this isn't 29.       
12) Katy Perry        BEST KATY PERRY SONG       
13) T-ARA        .... sorry we already had a (you drive me) crazy (Crazy possivive much?)       
14) Havana Brown        RUNEMLIKERUNEMRUNEM

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!