This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC Beta 37!

Topic » TSC Beta 37!

3577 days 18 hours ago
Monrooster
1)        Foo Fighters – Heavy rock is definitely not my style and Foo Fighters are a bit hit and miss for me, BUT I’ve always found this song just teeters on this genre enough for it not to be too unpleasant for me. It’s a bit of a husk overload in places, but it’s pretty decent overall. Pretty good direction to the song and it’s got a pretty nice build in the bridge. I know quite a few of the words here too… Good start!
2)        Mariah Carey – Her tone is monotone whispery for quite a bit and that got a bit meh after a while, but it got better when she went all diva ballad vocal acrobatics a bit more. She’s got a pretty killer vocal, granted, but the song was a bit slow and sluggish for my liking.
3)        Keane – Claaaaassic. I’m pretty annoyed that I didn’t think of it… This shits all over Lily Allen’s version. Yeahhh, this is most likely going to win.
4)        The Hoosiers – I like the ELO vibe it has going on. I should really hate this, but I can’t help but smile at it whenever I hear it. It’s a bit of fun and it’s nice and boppy. Cheesefest, but meh, I’m in a good mood.
5)        Alicia Keys – I can only imagine an Italian nun singing this now… It’s another classic that’s been covered and done to death so many times and hearing the original once more, I did get a bit bored after a while, but yeah, it’s still pretty good. This is shaping up to be quite a strong contest
6)        Shawn Mendes – Nope, dunno this guy. Tweeny, bleh. His vocal is pretty cool in places, but then grates on me no end in other places. I like the dramatic drumbeats in the background of the chorus and other little elements scattered throughout, but as a whole, it’s a big fat meh sorry.
7)        September – This sounds so much like that Bronski Beat song. They better have sampled it… UK sure liked their Europop back in the day. It’s nice and groovy, but It’s not doing much for me, probably because it’s a tad repetitive and I just don’t have this nostalgic attachment to it. Next!
8)        Whitney Houston – Oh yeah, I remember this. Meh, I prefer some classic Whitney though. This was a bit repetitive again and didn’t really make much of an impact
9)        Lana Del Rey – I’ve began to notice how crappy her lyrics are in some of her songs and I know she’s very marmite, but I do really like her. Her tone is just so silky, smooth and seductive. I may verge on saying that I prefer the remix too as this was a bit stodgy, but I do like it all the same
10)        You Me At Six – A bit of tweeny rock. Oh yeah, I recognise this chorus. It’s a bit short though the first time?  They’ve got all that energy and then it just drops like a lead balloon into another verse. At least they maintained the energy the second time going into that bridge and that build. I didn’t expect to like this, but yeah, it’s pretty pleasant
11)        Imagine Dragons – Ooh, an album track?  That’s different. For an album track, it’s still pretty darn catchy if a bit overly repetitive. It hasn’t got the depth of some of their singles and that bridge was a bit meh, but yeah, pretty pleasant once more.
12)        Aloe Blacc – I wasn’t keen on this song when it first came out because of it being pretty darn repetitive, but how can you hate Aloe Blacc’s vocal?  It’s grown on me a bit as a whole over time, I suppose. I wish he’d release more solo stuff, his voice on a power ballad would be knockout.
3577 days 3 hours ago
Talian
Omg monrooster.. Did you see that crappy nun in The Voice of italy? I felt ashamed to Be italian when she won -.-
3577 days 1 hour ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Foo Fighters - So not my thing, though there is some older work from them that I can get down to. Not terrible for a one time listen (and by that, I mean now, since I don't live under a rock and have heard it before this), but don't do that to me again, k?
02) Mariah Carey - There is SO much better from her. So much better. Though all of it isn't after 2004 (nor is THIS), I could probably pick out a handful of songs of hers that I'd rather hear. I guess this isn't "What Fritzy Wants To Listen To Contest" but I take my Mariah very seriously. ;)
03) Keane - Classic. Like Johnny said, it's been covered to death, but unlike him I can still get behind it.
04) The Hoosiers - I want to hate this, but I... yeah, I hate it.
05) Alicia Keys - If I were to compile a list of my favorite Alicia songs, it would likely be in the lower half of my top 10, or perhaps even an honorable mention. That's likely enough for high points here. Yeah, now I want to compile this list.
06) Shawn Mendes - Some of the phrasing was cool, but other than that, I had trouble getting into it.
07) September - Oh hi, crappy Europop, I didn't see you come in. Luckily for whoever submitted this, I LOVE SHITTY EUROPOP.
08) Whitney Houston - Love me some Whitney, although I obviously prefer the classics. That said, stylistically, I'm really into this.
09) Lana Del Rey - Overplayed to death. It brings up a fantastic question proposed by The Chainsmokers. "It's not even summer... why does the DJ keep playing Summertime Sadness?" I finally caved in and started to appreciate Lana (my love for "National Anthem" knows no bounds) but again, it's been overplayed to death and that will have some impact on how I judge this in comparison to some of the others.
10) You Me At Six - Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Only dragged that out so the comment would be this long.
11) Imagine Dragons - It's iight. Not my thing, but again, it's iight. I'm not mad at it.
12) Aloe Blacc - This is what I needed right about now. I could use a dollar, too.
3576 days 22 hours ago
Limegrass
01) Foo Fighters - I don't think I've ever heard this before, which is quite refreshing. They look like they're standing in front of the Channel 5 advert screen, but I shall overlook this. The song's very loud indeed... and I can't really make out much. Think my friends will enjoy this, they're into the whole rock scene. Not too bad.
02) Mariah Carey - Sometimes I just wish Mariah just let go of some of those cliche sounds in all of those old songs, like the sparkly weird jingle thing and stuff like that. She doesn't need it. I really liked it actually... even though I don't normally like her voice, it suited this song quite well. Nice choice!
03) Keane - An absolutely amazing classic of British music, and their best single ever in my opinion! The piano and guitar work together in perfect harmony and his voice shines through really well through it all. Great, solid choice.
04) The Hoosiers - I used to listen to this song all of the time, even though I didn't really like it. I never really got it, and it just kinda confused me. The whole melody it has is really catchy and groovy though.
05) Alicia Keys - How can anyone not love this song? I mean, come on. It's pretty much alright, and no doubt her best song ever. This is looking like a really good contest here! It's maybe lost it's touch a bit though.
06) Shawn Mendes - YES. I didn't know he charted!!!!!! I really got into this, and although it sounds just really familiar, it's something you can really get behind. Absolutely lovely song.
07) September - AHHHHHHHHH, YES! Great song that I've completely forgot about. Is it bad that I know all of the words even though I've haven't heard this in about 5 years? Lovely.
08) Whitney Houston - I really like this song actually, and I don't really understand why. It's just a really groovy little number, and although it's by far not as good as her in her best days, it still packs a nice subtle punch and is really nice to listen to...... just really nice.
09) Lana Del Rey - I honestly prefer the remix to this, and I can't get enough of it. This is really anthemic, and as a song that hasn't been touched by electro beats, it's actually still pretty decent as the raw material. Still think it needs something else to catapult it to be something amazing though.
10) You Me At Six - I haven't really heard this before, but I really like the whole boyband vibe they're giving off, and it's something I'm really getting into as a song....... brb while I go and look them up now.
11) Imagine Dragons - I never really got into their album to be honest, there was only a couple of good tracks on there in my opinion, but that's just me. The chorus in this one just felt really muddled to me, and I didn't really understand it.
12) Aloe Blacc - Ugh. Bit of a disappointing end to the contest... so annoying.
3575 days 23 hours ago
Talian
Sorry.. Poor comments again..
01) Foo Fighters - Simply one if the best rock band ever! I love Them.. This is just awesome!
02) Mariah Carey - Too insignificant for me.. She has an amazing voice but i hate her whispering Here..
03) Keane - This Was pleaseant enough..
04) The Hoosiers - I Was obsessed whit them in my middle school years! This song is nice.. Not their best but still very nice;)
05) Alicia Keys - That stupid nun winner of the voice of italy totally Made me hate this (not that i ever liked Alicia tho)
06) Shawn Mendes - Yes.. This Was nice and i didn't Get bored.. Not great tho..
07) September - Dance is not really my thing sorry.. This Was a Little too standard for me..
08) Whitney Houston - I'm not a fan of Hers.. But i prefer the "modern" Whithney (like in "ITs not right but ITs ok") rather Than her "bigband" version..
09) Lana Del Rey - This Was nice.. Has a nice crescendo..
10) You Me At Six - One if the best FIFA songs ever! :)
11) Imagine Dragons - Very different from their lead singles.. ITs more like their FIFA one (top of the world) but ITs still good..
12) Aloe Blacc - Liked it.. But a Little too monotone..
3575 days 21 hours ago
bibbles
01) Foo Fighters – I love this song, brilliant!
02) Mariah Carey – she invented vocal Olympics!!
03) Keane – I love Keane, hubby telling me off singing with my headphones on!!
04) The Hoosiers – im sure some of these song have been used before, or is it just because I really like them!!!
05) Alicia Keys – it’s a bit samey, its okay!
06) Shawn Mendes – as mini bibs would say “it’s a hot boy”!! wobbly vocals!!
07) September – theres another song in there and its going to drive me mad if I cant think of it!!
08) Whitney Houston – not a whitney fan!!
09) Lana Del Rey – she has an unusual voice, it was okay (has this not been used either?)
10) You Me At Six – not heard of these before, a bit rock boy band!!
11) Imagine Dragons – this was quite pleasant!!
12) Aloe Blacc – I know a song that’ll get on your nerves!!
3575 days 15 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) Foo Fighters... if rapping is talking, this is shouting and not singing
02) Mariah Carey BiB ... Belt it Bitch
03) Keane... oh gosh we ... ummm yea about that... meh
04) The Hoosiers... really ... no... cute vid though
05) Alicia Keys... another powerful vocal
06) Shawn Mendes...they need to stop making "pretty" people who can't sing stars because they are "pretty"
07) September... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS ... if this doesn't win, it will be the biggest tragedy in TSCb history
08) Whitney Houston ... another strong vocalist with a meh song
09) Lana Del Rey... the dance versions are better
10) You Me At Six... flash flooding alert... but song was meh
11) Imagine Dragons ... really just solidifying that if September doesn't win this contest is rigged
12) Aloe Blacc... never saw the appeal of his singles... he needs to stick to being a featured vocalist on dance tracks
3575 days 8 hours ago
turney1805
Foo Fighters- I am normally not a rock fan but I actually caught myself banging my head to the song. It has a good beat to it, I do get a bit lost with the vocals at times but no complaints here, otherwise.
Mariah Carey- I have never really been a big Mariah fan, and this song just hasn’t changed that for me. I mean, I guess there is nothing wrong with lyrically, but her singing just sounds a bit weird to me. :S
Keane- Loved. This. Song.
The Hoosiers- Catchy song, enjoyed listening to it in the moment, but didn’t really do anything for me tbh.
Alicia Keys- Let me tell you about this girl, she did not just sing. She SANGGGG. I see you baby gurl! Get it! Yes a bit overplayed but one of my favorites from here.
Shawn Mendes- Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Oh wait, I wasn’t having a nightmare, I was unfortunately awake for this. He reminds me of all the reasons I disliked Bieber when he first got big.
September- OMG the nightmare was real! Make it stop!! What did I ever do to you people for me to have to listen to this? I like my cheese pop song as much as the next person, but this was just a huge no for me. This song got it right, it will never see me again. Good Bye.
Whitney Houston- I really enjoyed this song, and it was very refreshing hearing her voice. Not like her classic stuff, but it still good.
Lana Del Rey- This is one of those songs that I heard so many people singing but never bothered to look up on my own because I just couldn’t get into it, and I still can’t get into it even though I haven’t heard it in a while. Bleh.
You Me At Six- I was pleasantly surprised by this song. Never heard of them and I honestly was expecting the worst.
Imagine Dragons- This is my first time hearing this song tbh. I like most Imagine Dragon songs, including this one, but not as much as the others.
Aloe Blacc- He has such good vocals, but I HATED how annoying the lyrics to this song were. Ughhh so conflicted.
3574 days 20 hours ago
ricktworick1
Getting ready to post the results...
3574 days 20 hours ago
bibbles
im here!!!!
3574 days 20 hours ago
ricktworick1
hello bibbles!!

Any predictions on who's who??
3574 days 20 hours ago
Monrooster
I reckon bibbles is you me at six
3574 days 20 hours ago
bibbles
woo mon!!!
3574 days 20 hours ago
bibbles
tolis september?
3574 days 20 hours ago
ricktworick1
Who's Who
andrewvaughan17 - September
Aquamarine - Imagine Dragons
bibbles - You Me At Six
catch_a_falling_star - The Hoosiers
Fritzyyyyy - Aloe Blacc
kkoster001 - Shawn Mendes
Limegrass - Keane
Monrooster - Foo Fighters
ricktworick1 - Whitney Houston
Talian - Lana Del Rey
Toliskalkas - Mariah Carey
Turney1805 - Alicia Keys

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!