This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC Beta 23!

Topic » TSC Beta 23!

3658 days 14 hours ago
ricktworick1
6) Keane - Is It Any Wonder?
3658 days 14 hours ago
ricktworick1
7) Kiesza - Hideaway
3658 days 14 hours ago
ricktworick1
8) Mr Probz - Waves (Robin Schultz Remix)
3658 days 14 hours ago
ricktworick1
9) Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
3658 days 14 hours ago
ricktworick1
10) Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
3658 days 14 hours ago
ricktworick1
11) Imagine Dragons - Demons
3658 days 14 hours ago
ricktworick1
12) Robbie Williams - Candy
3658 days 14 hours ago
ricktworick1
13) Jesse McCartney - Beautiful Soul
3658 days 13 hours ago
ricktworick1
ALL 13 SONGS HAVE BEEN POSTED!

Listen to all of the songs, post your comments and then PM your votes to me in the usual way, (12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1) to your favourite ten songs. (This is the first contest in a while where you don’t have to give points to all of the songs!) If you don't know how to vote, please PM me.

You cannot vote for yourself or discuss voting with each other. You are not allowed to reveal which act you submitted.

You have until Wednesday, May 7th at 7pm BST / 2pm EDT to submit your comments and votes.

The Results show will be later that day, at 8pm BST / 3pm EDT.
3658 days 6 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
1) Kaiser Chiefs - Took me a while to remember this song, but it's all coming back to me (coming back to me now). Pretty solid, but not really entirely my thaaaaang.
2) The Fray - The Fray are one of my favorite mainstream bands and this is my favorite song of the bunch. 'nuff said.
3) John Mayer - Not a big Mayer fan, but this is probably my favorite of his work that I'd heard.
4) Lloyd - Whoever submitted this... all I... really want is... for you to back it up, go and put your weight on it. Back when this came out, this was my lady jam for a hot minute.
5) The Pussycat Dolls - OMG, I LOVE THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS! Where are the back-up dancers and singers? I don't get it. On a serious note, I'm not really a fan of her solo work (even though, you know, most of it was already basically solo) but I can kinda appreciate this.
6) Keane - MADDEN 2007 SOUNDTRACK FLASHBACK. Anything that I relate to Madden is pretty fabulous in my book.
7) Kiesza - First artist thus far that I hadn't even heard of. It's refreshing in TSCB to hear something new, as most of what's posted is usually just rehashing opinions of old songs.
8) Mr. Probz - Interesting voice that I was hoping would grow on me throughout the song, but it just remained a bit grating.
9) Nicki Minaj - Not to sound like a hip hop elitist (alright, I am) but I really just can't. There are songs of hers that I can TOLERATE, one that I love (Massive Attack, yasssss), but this isn't one of 'em.
10) Lana Del Rey - It's taken a while for Lana to grow on me, but it's happened to some extent. Good stuff.
11) Imagine Dragons - Overplayed to death. Don't hate the song, but I feel like I finally got done hearing this 24/7.
12) Robbie Williams - Love me some Robbie. Good stuff.
13) Jesse McCartney - If this was "Leavin" or "It's Over" my 12 pointer would be decided right now. This is a bit of a step back from the two, but I can more than tolerate it (which I guess is a cop out way for saying that I enjoy it with guilt).
3658 days 3 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
1) Kaiser Chiefs - Oh my gawd! The song of 2007. :D
I used to love the Kaiser Chiefs and this was a nice bit of nostalgia for me. :D

2) The Fray -  This is alright, I’ve never really been a fan of The Fray. I prefer this song to ‘how to save a life though’.

3) John Mayer – I couldn’t get into this. I don’t know, it just lacked something for me.

4) Lloyd -  Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning…but again, I couldn’t really get into this. It has no real hook in my opinion.

5) Nicole Scherzinger – Yay! I love this song. This was my guilty pleasure for a while. :p

6) Keane – I still like Keane this song, I just don’t think it is their strongest material. It’s a shame that some of their earlier work could not be used. :( :)

7) Kiesza -  She’s currently taking the UK charts by storm. I think this is good. :D

8) Mr. Probz -  This is very chilled. I enjoyed this and I think it is a strong entry.

9) Nicki Minaj – I’ve never really particularly liked Nicki Minaj. The only song I like of hers is when she teamed up with David Guetta to produce ‘turn me on’. This song is one of her better ones, but I’m still not overly keen.

10) Lana Del Rey – This song plods along nicely. I do like her voice and it does have a nice story.

11) Imagine Dragons – I like this a lot. I assumed when ‘radioactive’ broke they were going to be massive, but I haven’t heard much about them recently. This is a strong entry.

12) Robbie Williams – Cheeseeeeeeeeee. Lol at the person taking a picture of the person that is run over and posting ‘lmao’. :p I quite like this, it is good for what it is. :p

13) Jesse McCartney – Again this is good for what it is. It is a pleasant little song, but it lacks that special something to make it great.
3657 days 22 hours ago
Limegrass
1) Kaiser Chiefs - I have a friend called Ruby... so this song is very popular with my and my friends as we sing it to her when we want her attention. It doesn't really do much for me as a song, but it's absolutely lovely to sing a long, just a nice satisfying feeling to it.

2) The Fray - It's not really the greatest song ever, is it? The beat is good, but when it just gets too much with the guiar the lyrics are drowned out, and that ruins most of the verses to be honest. Chorus wasn't too much better.

3) John Mayer - I'm loving the feel of this. The sort of jazzy roots to this are really refreshing and it's quite different from some of his other stuff.... but in a good way! Nice choice!

4) Lloyd - OH IT'S THAT SONG! It's not that bad, but it's not really a genre I enjoy too much, I just find it cringey most of the time. Not bad, but not too good either.

5) Nicole Scherzinger - Don't get me started on how much I love this song! It's just so underrated and no one remembers it when I try to explain her to other people.... superb style in this, and I can't help but love it.

6) Keane - That video was a bit weird... and if I'm gnna be honest, I prefer a lot of their early work rather than this.... If this was part of their early work... then I like Somewhere Only We Know, period.

7) Kiesza - Not really understanding the obsession with this song at the moment, it's just a little bit annoying if you ask me. Tge veat us actually alright, just wish it had some substance to it, and it would turn into an absoltutely lovely song.

8) Mr. Probz - No. Nope. Not at all. Nay.

9) Nicki Minaj - This is probably the only rap song I know all the words too... apart from Thrift Shop... but this is just absoutely fabulous. The expression you can hear in her voice is just hilarious, and the chorus is so anthemic it's ridicuous. Absolute joy to listen to.

10) Lana Del Rey - Right... I do like Lana Del Ray in particular songs, but then sometimes her voice seriously drags on in my opinion. This song is actually not too bad in my opinion, but she tries too hard with her style, which just annoys me a bit too much.

11) Imagine Dragons - Unpopular Opinion, but I don't actually like Imagine Dragons that much, I think they're horribly over-rated. However, this song has an absolutely adorable message, and it's possibly the only time I can stand their stupid accents they use when they song. Very nice beat as well, and good use of a rhyming dictionary.

12) Robbie Williams - Same as Nicole, I really think people under estimate this song and write it off as annoying. Personally, I think it beings back some 00's feel and the chirpy beat really is addictive. Nice little tune here.

13) Jesse McCartney - Ah, Mr Generic.... this was alright, but it kind of is the definition of cheese. Can't say I didn't enjoy it though, unfoutunately...
3657 days 19 hours ago
Monrooster
1)        Kaiser Chiefs – Quite the classic British Alt. Rock band. I don’t really like their stuff as much as other people seem to. I found this a bit overly repetitive, but nonetheless catchy.
2)        The Fray – I only know How To Save A Life by them. I was pleasantly surprised by this. He’s got an interesting voice, but it does seem a bit underdeveloped. It maybe could have had another dimension to it which could have shown off more range to his vocal.
3)        John Mayer – I did not associate this vibe with John Mayer, not that I’ve listened to much of his stuff. It has this nice chilled bluesy feel to it. It’s a tad overly repetitive once more, but again, I’m pleasantly surprised
4)        Lloyd –I found the rapping pretty cringey and… just not very good. Not really my style
5)        Nicole Scherzinger - I’m not too keen on this either. It’s fairly pleasant, but nothing really ground-breaking. If you played me asked me to sing this back in a few hours’ time, I wouldn’t remember the tune at all.
6)        Keane – I was about to write how I don’t know much of their stuff despite how big they seem to be, but when that chorus came, I remember hearing this once upon a time. Pleasant again, but not really very original. I’m beginning to look for something new in a lot of songs lately, which I don’t know how I feel about.
7)        Kiesza – Yeah, I knew this would be picked eventually. It’s huge here in the UK at the moment. She’s just come out of nowhere. I really like her What is Love cover, this is pretty good too though. I’m liking the vibe and the bass has some nice character. Her ooh ahs are a bit pointless though.
8)        Mr Probz – I just love the vibe to this, that and his voice just have this soothing quality to it. The instrumentation is pretty minimalisti and that guitar vibe can get a bit grating at times, but it’s pretty summery and groovy.
9)        Nicki Minaj – The transition to this song just epitomises chalk and cheese. She’s pretty weird. Her diction annoys me. That hook is pretty catchy, but I don’t really like much else
10)        Lana Del Rey – I was expecting her new song maybe. I dunno if it’s charted anywhere. I can’t remember what it’s called, but it’s interestingly upbeat. I do really like this song too though. Her tone is just captivating. It drags a bit, but I haven’t heard this in a while, so cheers!
11)        Imagine Dragons – Damn. I forgot I wanted to submit this. Apparently, this is very popular in the US, not as much here in the UK. So, we probably don’t suffer so much from the opinion that it’s overplayed. I quite like it. Not as good as some of their stuff, but it’s still pretty good
12)        Robbie Williams – I don’t really like him. He’s been around a bit too long now. I remember when he kicked off that BBC Radio 1 didn’t play his song and only BBC Radio 2 did. BBC Radio 2's listeners are by and large more mature people than BBC Radio 1. It’s pretty catchy, but meh
13)        Jesse McCartney – Oh, god. I remember this song. Way too soppy and twee for me. He’s got a pleasant voice though and the harmonies fit pretty well together. That bridge was unexpected, but pretty refreshing, even though it doesn't really mesh well with the overall vibe of the song. I’m still not that keen.
3657 days 16 hours ago
andrewvaughan17
1) Kaiser Chiefs- This is like nostalgia for me and I do like the song but I agree it is annoyingly repetitive
2) The Fray- I've not heard of this song before and I'm not a fan it just doesn't really appeal to me. I only like How To Save A Life
3)  John Mayer- I find his style a little repetitive and I would like to see him explore other genres but not a bad song in my opinion
4) Lloyd- Interesting to use a rap song in a contest like this. I'm not a fan of the song but it's interesting how a rap song has been submitted
5) Nicole- I love this song I don't see how it's becoming a guilty pleasure song but it's a matter of opinion
6) Keane- Another band where I only like one song from them and that's Somewhere Only We Know but an average song
7) Kiesza- I am loving the beat of the song but I am not a fan of the repetitive lyrics
8) Mr. Probz- I like how it's offering something different because it reminds me of chill out music and it helped me to relax
9) Nicki Minaj- I have a love hate relationship musically with Nicki. She makes great music such as Super Bass and Moment 4 Life, Then she makes utter trash like Stupid Hoe. So yeah I liked this
10) Lana Del Ray- I love Summertime Sadness and i do like Born To Die so this will be an interesting contest in my opinion
11) Imagine Dragons- I love this song and I also love Radioactive
12) Robbie Williams- He makes great music but in terms of him as a person I cannot stand him. This is catchy but overplayed in my opinion
13) Jesse McCartney- I think he has a great voice but the lyrics are poor and I'm not a fan sorry.
3657 days 16 hours ago
kilikfanof2mrow
Had to listen to 4-8, 10 and 12. And did.. the rest, I could sing in my sleep.

1. Kaiser Chiefs- This song is my guilty pleasure ever since I first heard it playing PGR4. Very good overall song from a band that isn't all that well known over here... BRILLIANT START TO A TSC BETA! YAS

2. The Fray- In a normal TSCb, this song would stand out to me. Looking at the other entries, it is in a bit over its head. That being said, there is so much better from the band than this, but this is still good.

3. John Mayer- As much as I hate soppy songs, this song has been another one of those guilty pleasure songs for me. Good choice.

4. Lloyd- Did absolutely nothing for me. I will pass.

5. Nicole Scherzinger- Oh, Nicole, how I loved the pussycat dolls, but never really got into your solo stuff. And I guess I had good reason, it pales in comparison to your PD stuff.

6. Keane- I love Somewhere Only We Know so much, that any other Keane song kinda pales in comparison. This was a bit blasé for my tastes. Better than the previous entries though.

7. Kiesza- I wasn't overly thrilled with this entry. It's good, but it's just like almost half the artists out there today, vying for something that is already overloaded with music.

8. Mr Probz- Just please burn this after it's over. This is a TRAVESTY, ya hear. A TRAVESTY!

9. Nicki Minaj- Yes I know you got my heartbeat running away. I have an obsession with the cover by the Downtown Fiction though, but still a lot better than what I expected to hear from Nicki.

10. Lana Del Rey- It's Lana, the girl who can't dance on SNL for shit. I thought, like Mon, that this would be her new song, which is quite good. Or Summertime Sadness, another guilty pleasure. This isn't that bad, I just wish it didn't have to be a drag....

11. Imagine Dragons- YAS. That is all [my guess is either Bibs or Tolis.]

12. Robbie Williams- I will admit that the only Robbie Williams song I like is Let Me Entertain You, and that's only because it was featured in the GBA version of American Idol. So this is a no.

13. Jesse McCartney- Hello again, my teen years. Again, another surprisingly good song to end a TSCb with.

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!