This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC Beta 11!

Topic » TSC Beta 11!

3907 days 1 hour ago
hippydude126
I actually looked it up as well to see what the rule was and found that arcade fire had been here twice
*face palms*

if you really hate me for it mon you can just give me a 0 on the surveys, so sorry!
3907 days 1 hour ago
Monrooster
I don't hate you for it! ^_^ I just think this contest needs to be consistent especially with the seemingly depleting numbers who participate each week.
3907 days 1 hour ago
kilikfanof2mrow
1) Avril Lavigne- Great song to start with. Very upbeat and brash, but it also screams a message. "Don't fuck with me anymore. I'm tired of it." Well done.
2) Sara Bareilles- This PALES in comparison to both the previous song and her previous single, Brave. It's a damn shame too, I was hoping for it to be a bit better.
3) Ben Howard- Hit and Miss. Hit on the instrumentation and the chorus, miss everywhere else.
4) Take That- Can I publicly admit that I hate Take That? And the song Shine is probably the main reason why. It's too... bleugh.
5) Katy Perry- Katy, Katy, Katy. I do love the song, but please try not to take instrumentation from your friends, alright?
6) Norah Jones- Are you sure this is the same Norah Jones who sang Don't Know Why? Because, I actually kinda liked it a bit more than I thought it would for something so different than her usual.
7) Daft Punk- JUST NO. Even if it is French, just NO!
8) Adele- I like 21 much more than 19, but my list of Adele songs puts Chasing Pavements at the bottom half. Shame, because I liked it when it first came out. But it started to become blase after a while.
9) Alicia Keys- That Boy Is a Bottom. Sorry, but that's the first thing my mind gravitated to. It's a nice end to a somewhat bland and misguided contest.
3907 days ago
bibbles
sorry hippy, didnt realise it was this early, thought this was after the tsc results, and i thought that was at 8pm and not 7pm!! i will listen later and vote accordingly!!
3906 days 23 hours ago
Insanity
1. Avril Lavigne - I always liked her. I like Complicated and Sk8r Boi more than her more recent work though, even though those are too old to use. This song isn’t bad, but she has better.

2. Sara Bareilles - Pretty sure we weren’t supposed to use artists that have already been submitted in TSCbeta. And this is Sara Bareilles. I can’t stand her. Ugh.

3. Ben Howard - He sounds like Passenger. Like… eerily like Passenger. This song was really cute. I liked it!

4. Take That - Not sure how I feel about this one. It’s not strong enough to me.

5. Katy Perry - See Sara Bareilles.

6. Norah Jones - She’s so cute and her songs are so sweet. This song is definitely different from Don’t Know Why. It’s still Norah, and this is actually quirky and cute. Love it!

7. Daft Punk - We’re up a Mexican. I don’t think I need to say anything else.

8. Adele - I used to hate Adele when she first became a thing, but she’s grown on me. This is actually one of my favorites from Adele. I’ll probably never like Rolling in the Deep though. x_x

9. Alicia Keys - THIS BOY IS A BOTTOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM- Oh, wait, wrong song.
3906 days 23 hours ago
kilikfanof2mrow
3 for 3 on THIS BOY IS A BOTTOM.
3906 days 20 hours ago
Monrooster
1) Avril Lavigne - Those runs in the chorus are pretty impressive. She's got pretty great character to her voice. Instrumentation and structure are a pretty standard affair, but these people know what works in the business.
2) Sara Bareilles - I forgot she had been used recently too. Interesting instrumentation. I like the pizzicato. It really suits the style and her voice. Melodically too, it's pretty great. Lyrically, not so much. A bit too soppy for me.
3) Ben Howard - Intriguing voice, nice folky upbeat instrumentation and a nice clear message. Great build out of the bridge too. Slightly repetitive, but all the other positives are too good for that to worry me too much.
4) Take That - Ugh. I just find Take That way too pretentious and lacking charm.Their new stuff tries to pass off as a new Electric Light Orchestra, but it just fails miserably for me.
5) Katy Perry - I do admit, I really have a soft spot for this. There are a few moments when I think a more punchy approach in the instrumentation would suit the style of the song more, but I like the message of hers for a change and it has some nice catchy melodies.
6) Norah Jones - The bass riffs grate on me slightly. It doesn't really mesh with her singing. I like her quirkiness and she has an intriguing voice, but musically, not for me.
7) Daft Punk - I don't like Pharrell. He collaborates with everyone, but doesn't release anything of his own stuff. He's been involved in two massive hits where the style of the songs are definitely more easily associated with whoever he's working with. Call me cynical, but do some more of your own stuff for a change. I quite like Daft Punk and the song though.
8) Adele - God, she's come a long way since here. It's quite nice to see more character to her voice and melodies than in the powerhouse ballads she's released over the past years.
9) Alicia Keys - Big voice, but the instrumentation doesn't really match that. It's very, very simplistic, but enough to make it move at a decent pace. It's all about her voice though. That's not particularly a complaint though.
3906 days ago
Limegrass
1) Avril Lavigne - Love this song, always have and I just think it's great. Lovely start to the contest.
2) Sara Bareilles - I've really grown to love Sara in the past month, seriously just love her music, and this song wasn't any different! Lovely tune!
3) Ben Howard - A bit too slow for me really, just a little bit meh.... I can imagine myself listening to this on the radio, but it's nothing I would scramble to my phone to shazam.
4) Take That - I've literally never heard this song all the way through, and I still know all the words! Just one of those songs you've heard so many times you don't really know how to judge it!
5) Katy Perry - LVOE LOVE LOVE! It's just great, and when some say she's being samey samey, I think she's deviating away from her teenage dream frollocks!! Go Katy go!
6) Norah Jones - Couldn't really tell the different between the chorus and the verse, and it just sort of blended together. Didn't really like that factor to be honest.
7) Daft Punk - ugh, if I have to listen to this one more time I'm seriously going to punch someone, WHY DO PEOPLE SEE APPEAL IN THIS STUPID SONG.
8) Adele - Love adele, life goal is for her to give me a hug :)
9) Alicia Keys - thank god my 4 year old niece isn't here, she would be belting this out like there's no tomorrow, good song!
3905 days 23 hours ago
bibbles
1) Avril Lavigne – very aptly named song!!
2) Sara Bareilles – very interesting voice
3) Ben Howard – very much like passenger
4) Take That – very supermarkety
5) Katy Perry – very number 1
6) Norah Jones – very twee voice
7) Daft Punk – very 70’s
8) Adele – very boring
9) Alicia Keys – very nasally
3905 days 19 hours ago
NerdBird44
1. This may sound crazy, but this is my favorite Avril song of all time. Great choice! <3
2. L.O.V.E.! L.O.V.E.! L.O.V.E.! <333
3. His voice and the chorus were really nice, everything else I didn't really care about.
4. I've never heard of them before.. And hopefully I never will again.. I hated this one. </3
5. I don't know why, but my mother has this big hatred for Katy, and I suppose it's spread on me. I've never been a fan of her and as this one is ok, it isn't good enough to change my mind.
6. Twee! <333 Gotta love it! <333
7. I'd be lucky if I never have to hear this song again.. UGGH!
8. I'm in love with this song, absolutely in love. <3
9. I know every word to this song! Which is funny because I don't really like it. I mean, I like Alicia Keys and the lyrics are quite catchy, but I've just never thought it was that good.
3904 days 22 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Avril Lavigne - Quite annoying, however, it's catchy as hell.
2. Sara Bareilles - I've always loved her music.
3. Ben Howard - It's kinda one-dimensional, an alright song.
4. Take That - Am I the only person who actually likes this tune?
5. Katy Perry - Too Katy Perry, Too "Brave", not really original but whatever.
6. Norah Jones - She always recorded some nice tracks, this is also a splendid choice.
7. Daft Punk - Again, am I the only person in this TSCB who likes this song?
8. Adele - I think one of her best songs, though the 21 album has got more hits.
9. Alicia Keys - Last 30-40 seconds were quite unnecessary, nevertheless, I've always enjoyed that song.
3904 days ago
hippydude126
WELCOME ALL TO THE TSCb 11 FINAL!

We are running slightly late so whether or not anyone is here I shall start anyhoo...
3904 days ago
hippydude126
So WHO WAS WHO? I hear you ask:

Kilikfanof2mrow        Avril Lavigne         
Pok3rface                  Alicia Keys         
Monrooster               Ben Howard         
Ryan5676                   Take That
Bibbles                      Daft Punk               
Insanity                     Norah Jones           
Nerdbird                    Sarah Bareilles     
Ricktworick1             Adele                     
Limegrass                  Katy Perry
3904 days ago
ricktworick1
Hi!
3904 days ago
hippydude126
PENALTIES:

RYAN5676 did not vote therefore TAKE THAT will have their top 3 votes deducted from their final score.

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!