This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC Beta 10!

Topic » TSC Beta 10!

3903 days 15 hours ago
Monrooster
1)        Mini Viva - It has got a slight air of J-pop and K-pop, which is somewhat refreshing. Overall though, I don't think it's anything special. It's slightly repetitive and the rap bits grate on me a bit. Meh.
2)        M.I.A. - The fact I think she's slightly out of tune for most of it annoys me quite a bit, but I think that's part of the deal. Still annoys me though. The incorporation of the sound effects is pretty cool, but meh again
3)        Emeli Sande - She's got a pretty great voice, but I don't think it's the best song from her. I don't really like the instrumentation in the choruses. It's quite refreshingly minimalist in the verses though. Lyrics are annoyingly quite repetitive too, but overall, it's better than the first two.
4)        Usher feat. Pitbull - I hate his introduction every time. I also don't like how every song of his nowadays seems to be about girls in the clubs. It'd be nice to see something a bit different from him for once. Nothing really special for me. 
5)         Kodaline - This is more my cup of tea. Great folky instrumentation with a nice driving bass and beat. Fairly simple lyrics-wise and also musically to some extent, but the instrumentation is a winner for me.
6)        Miranda Lambert - I like this song. I know the sentiment behind it and watching her perform it with Blake Shelton was pretty special. The lyrics are pretty hit and miss, but I like it overall.
7)        Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - I like this song as well. Pretty much carbon copy of Oasis, which isn't surprising, but I did like a few of their songs, so I'm not complaining. Nice vocals, nice instrumentation, fairly repetitive and doesn't seem to go anwhere, but yeah, pretty good
8)        OneRepublic - I associate these guys with pretty soppy songs after that hit of theirs. I can't remember the name of it... This was pleasantly surprising though! I liked the instrumentation and the melodic progression. Nice build out of the bridge. I would've liked an extra dimension somewhere though coming out of that.
9)        Joe McElderry - Nice instrumentation at times, but the vocals are nothing special really and the lyrics are very soppy and not my thing. Very eurovision, but very not my cup of tea.
3903 days 14 hours ago
pok3rf4ce
1. Mini Viva – Fun song with a good k-pop beat to it. Nice meld of the k-pop beat and Western lyrics and vocals.
2. M.I.A – I always get this song confused with airplanes by B.O.B. I like the B.O.B. song; I am not that enthusiastic about this one.
3. Emeli Sande – Love a bit of Emeli. This is a great song; one of my favourites from her.
4. Usher – This is a great song too and gets my head bopping right away. Usher is flawless; Pitbull ruins this song for me.
5. Kodaline – Nice voice, but it seems very copycat to me. This sounds like a young band trying to become the next Biffy Mumford or Clyro & Sons.
6. Miranda Lambert – Very nice country song. Only thing I don’t like about country songs is how every male singer sounds the same and every female singer sounds the same.
7. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds – Detest his voice so much. It’s so drony and so dull sounding.
8. OneRepublic – Surprised at this. Shocked at his lower register throughout the song but I prefer his higher register; it has more emotion in my opinion. A nice song, but a bit bland due to the key it’s sung in.
9. Joe McElderry – It’s alove story baby just say it… Oh, wrong song. The chorus has the EXACT same melody. Not feeling this one; very Eurovision reject for me.
3903 days 12 hours ago
bibbles
sooo sorry i wasnt here, it was just a tad too early for me, had stuff going on!
3903 days 11 hours ago
bibbles
1. Mini Viva – this is supposed to be an obvious contest and ive never heard of them, it was very springy!
2. M.I.A. – this is very boring and her voice is droney and im not sure I actually agree with it!!
3. Emeli Sande – oh its good old nasally emeli, hubbys favourite!! She does vocal Olympics with if probably why she sang at the Olympics!! Im getting shades of the chipmunks when she sings!
4. Usher – this was just pretentious over produced self indulgent noise!
5. Kodaline – I like the vocals and the pace, its energetic and fun and the chorus is a great hook
6. Miranda Lambert – not a bad song, she has a nice country voice, the song plods along, its okay
7. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds – being an indie and oasis fan, I like this, he knows how to produce a song!!
8. OneRepublic – very good beat and vocals, has a lot to keep me listening
9. Joe McElderry – well its very nice, sort of bland nice, but its nice
3903 days 3 hours ago
Insanity
I'm gonna assume that there are mostly Brits competing in this? I haven't even HEARD of some of these people.
3902 days 15 hours ago
Limegrass
1. Mini Viva - ..... Don't quite know what to think. It just got really repetitive towards the end, but I was singing along so ... not quite sure what that says about me.
2. M.I.A. - It was a bit too slow for a rap song, and a bit too fast for a ballad, therefore I don't really like it. Ps, the gun shots made me literally think I live in a ghetto, before realizing my house is surrounded by the elderly.
3. Emeli Sande - She's making her come back in 2013! God, it really does say something that I know all of the words, and I don't even own her album, thanks radio. It was alright, very nice really.
4. Usher - God, I won a dancing award at my school disco thanks to this song, i'll have you know. Bet you didn't know that eh? Tempted to give this points to say thanks, because that's really its only redeeming factor.
5. Kodaline - god that banjo is annoying, but one of them is really attractive, so ....... I can learn to like this.
6. Miranda Lambert - Love country music, well done person who entered this, I enjoyed it thoroughly!
7. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - I;ve never really liked the sort of mainstream indie feel to this band which is too long a name to type out. It was decent, but not something I would listen to normally.
8. OneRepublic - This was quite nice actually, never heard it before though. Very nice choice really, good one person.
9. Joe McElderry - LOVE Joe Mcelderry, great artist, it's just a shame Simon Cowell didn't like him, because he deserves more publicity!!!
3901 days 12 hours ago
ricktworick1
Voting extended till 9 PM GMT.
3901 days 11 hours ago
bibbles
ill be here!!
3901 days 11 hours ago
ricktworick1
Results will be at 9:30 PM GMT, late-voters allowed!
3901 days 11 hours ago
bibbles
im still here
3901 days 11 hours ago
Limegrass
finding a song for this weeks themed TSC was a buggar!
3901 days 11 hours ago
BlueStar
1. Mini Viva - This was catchy
2. M.I.A. - I feel like this is sooo chavvy but I do regrettably find myself doing the finger guns dance, if u know what I mean
3. Emeli Sande - LOVE!
4. Usher - this is alright, i prefer old school usher
5. Kodaline - i'm really loving these atm
6. Miranda Lambert - kept me waiting far too long for an anti-climatic song
7. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Amazing
8. OneRepublic - this was sorta cool, surprised they are making a comeback
9. Joe McElderry - Olly > Joe.. stick to the theatre McElderry
3901 days 10 hours ago
Monrooster
I had trouble too. A few that I wanted to submit just sneaked in with a #10 placement :(
3901 days 10 hours ago
Limegrass
that google doc was my reading material for a good day!
3901 days 10 hours ago
Insanity
I'll vote later yay!

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!