This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC Beta 9!

Topic » TSC Beta 9!

3947 days 14 hours ago
ricktworick1
ALL 10 SONGS HAVE BEEN POSTED!

Listen to all of the songs, post your comments and then PM your votes to me in the usual way, (12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 ) to songs. If you don't know how to vote, please PM me.

You cannot vote for yourself or discuss voting with each other. You are not allowed to reveal which act you submitted. Please only vote on the SONGS and not the music videos, and remember that all of these songs were deemed as ’obvious'.

Voting deadline: August 28th 11 AM EST/4 PM GMT, Results the same day: 1 PM EST/6 PM GMT.
3947 days 14 hours ago
bibbles
1. Fun. – do I know these, what was that song they had? It was okay, it plodded on! Has a Jon Anderson feel about it and I love Jon Anderson!! Stopped a bit quick!!
2. Misha B – not my kind of thing, the background didn’t seem to fit the vocals, in fact the whole song didn’t fit the vocals, sounds like she wants to sing more of a ballard and the musicians want to play a dance song!!
3. Lana Del Rey – bit of a dreary start, she has a nice voice, unusual, it has got a bit of a hook, her vocals are creating that hook, I wish the song was a bit stronger, it was just a tad too dreary!
4. Kelly Clarkson – has a nice beat, sort of builds quite nicely, then trashes itself!! Its okay for a background song while youre driving!!
5. Regina Spektor – theres a certain phrasing that shes doing which is annoying on a song where the vocals are so prominent!! And its quite repetitive and not enjoyable to listen to! Especially the higher parts, she only just manages it!
6. Alabama Shakes – not may boys tonight!! This has real old rock feel, a bit of bad company, a bit old style led zep. It was quite good!!
7. The Fray – at last another boy! I like this one, it has the right amount of built and I like the vocals and the beat, it all fits together well!!
8. Lady GaGa – I dislike lady bobo from the tips of my grey split ends to the soles of my comfy slippers!! She has no redeeming features at all and it pains me that in this contest im going  to have to give her points (unless the scoring is different!!) she does have a band of loyal fans that would buy a 1 second fart if it had her name on it!!
9. Kings Of Leon – im partial to a bit of leon, I like his voice, the energy and tune, the guitars are good, its nice to have a band!!
10. Leona Lewis & Avicii – not wanting to use the g word or the s word, but it is very generic and very standard, combined with the r word, repetitive!! Someone knock the pianist off his stool!! The best bit? 3.59!!
3947 days 11 hours ago
Monrooster
1)        Fun. - I can imagine this as a song at a musical. Plenty of character, pretty clear message and catchy melodies. It was decent, but depending how the other songs go down with me, this may be forgotten
2)        Misha B - I forgot how powerful a voice she had. The instrumentation compliments that. I quite liked that rap/R&B vibe to some of her songs in the X Factor. She's gone flat out dance and power now. It does make a refreshing change, but she's lost quite a bit of character for me which is a shame. Not bad though!
3)        Lana Del Rey - I do really like this. Her voice and cinematic instrumentation really works well for me. The soundtrack for The Great Gatsby is pretty great and this song stands out as one of the best.
4)        Kelly Clarkson - This song is a bit old for this isn't it?  Unless it's just in the bracket. Powerful voice again, nice simple rock song. I dunno where this will place for me
5)        Regina Spektor - I was actually listening to her the other day on my TSC inspiration run. I did look up this song to see if it was elligible because I liked it, but it wasn't. I didn't think to submit it for this though... I really love the character to her voice. It's a bit overly breathy and things now and again, but I still do like it. Nice upbeat song from her for a change. Pretty good!
6)        Alabama Shakes - Another song I heard the other day. I really liked it too. I think I thought this voice was a man's when I heard that. She's got a pretty great husky voice. Nice mix between garage, blues and a hint of soul, mainly from her voice. I'm liking it even more than the last time I heard it!
7)        The Fray - Another song that seems older than it actually is. I think Bibbles is right with the overplaying being a reason for that. I'm sitting here singing along to almost every word. Nice tone to his voice, structured simply but effectively and it's just catchy. I never knew it was this long though!
8)        Lady GaGa - I was actually thinking of submitting this, but thought I'd do it for the next one. Someone beat me to it though :( Oh, god, this video is just crazy odd and so Gaga. This will probably split people right down the middle, but I liked it. I'll count it as a guilty pleasure :P
9)        Kings Of Leon - I don't really like some of the new Kings Of Leon stuff, but this is a slight exception. I've never noticed the backing singer children before. Yeah, I liked it though.
10)        Leona Lewis & Avicii - I've not ever really liked this song after that sampling controversy with Perpetuum Mobile. So that tarnishes my opinion straight away. I like Leona's voice though. Something doesn't sit right as well with me and her upbeat songs. I prefer her ballads.
3947 days 11 hours ago
pok3rf4ce
1. Fun. – Hate this band so much they sound so bland. Song bores me.
2. Misha B – Great song, very upbeat. Good choice!
3. Lana Del Rey – Hate her voice SOOOO much. There’s a difference between being moody and being boring and she is b to the oring. Mat123 does a better version of this…
4. Kelly Clarkson – This takes me back! I remember listening to this when I was in high school LOL. Her best song by far.
5. Regina Spektor – Hit and miss on this one, it got better as it progressed.
6. Alabama Shakes – Lots of passion in her voice, and the song was very reminiscent of a sultry blues track. Another great song and I am glad someone entered something that wasn’t mainstream.
7. The Fray – A nice song but it drags sooo much. His voice is something that works best over a short period of time.
8. Lady Gaga – Love this song so much. Ugh, she’s perfect.
9. Kings Of Leon – Love a bit of KoL, but this pales in comparison to some of their anthemic songs. The chorus saves this from being a run-of-the-mill indie song.
10. Leona Lewis & Avicii – Technically a cover… Avicii released the track before Leona added her vocals over the top, and she did so without his permission allegedly. But yeah this is a great song.
3947 days 1 hour ago
Limegrass
1. Fun. - This band just seriously annoys me now, I thought this song was quite annoying because I personally think he sounds ridiculous with his "vocals". However, I have no doubt everyone else will adore this.
2. Misha B - :) ... love it! I personally didn't like her when she was on the X Factor, and didn't even like her first single, but this ticks all my boxes! I think you're great Misha (in reference to the song title) and it's a nice one to sing along to once you know the words!
3. Lana Del Rey - I normally don't like Lana, and coming into this song I expected 4 minutes of boredom, and a continuous violin with dreary vocals. But no, I got a continuous violin with some louder vocals, was quite nice really; just needed something. A key change, a faster pace at the end, anything.
4. Kelly Clarkson - It's just so good, it's one of those songs that you just know all the words to without question. Lovely choice, although I might of prefered a unknown song from her, because I know she has some lovely tunes in some of her more recent albums :)
5. Regina Spektor - A sweet little ballad in amongst big pop songs. A lovely, refreshing break and dare I say, a lovely one at that! Although I felt it was highly unrealistic she was typing the next Harry Potter book, she definitely typed a lovely tune in a mock piano way.
6. Alabama Shakes - I liked the idea of the song, but unfourtunatly I feel like it's missing something. A bit of power, another vocalist, anything! It didn't help the song changed style from country to screamo half way through!
7. The Fray - OH IT'S THIS SONG! Well, like I said with Kelly, it's great to sing along to, but I would of liking maybe a more unknown song because it's hard to judge it when i've grown to love it over many hundreds of plays.
8. Lady GaGa - The idea is good, i'll give it that. But I can't help but say I expected more from Gaga for a lead single. Consequently, I feel like I am being cheated out of a good song in place of this one, if that makes any sense what so ever, not bad, but not great.
9. Kings Of Leon - Hate Kings Of Leon, always have, always will. Nothing will change that, nothing ever will. not even the ridiculous amount of awards they don't deserve in my personal opinion.
10. Leona Lewis & Avicii - Great ending to the contest. Love Leone and i truly feel like her 3rd album is possibly one of the most under rated albums of the past year, so much better than her others!! Nice song, good choice!
3946 days 22 hours ago
Insanity
1. fun. - Ehhhhh... I've never been a huge fun. fan. His voice irritates me.
2. Misha B - This was nice. She has a powerful voice. Yeah, it was alright.
3. Lana Del Rey - Don't even get me started as to why this bitch is so wrong in everything. There's a difference between being different and fresh and vibrant like all her fans say she is, and then being flat out wrong. I can't believe I'm forced to give this points...
4. Kelly Clarkson - Old Kelly >>>>>>>>> New Kelly. I can't fucking stand her "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" bullshit she's been spewing out recently. This is probably one of her best songs! Fabulous!
5. Regina Spektor - Ugh, I fucking love her! She's quirky and fun, and even when doing a slower song, it's just so beautiful. TAKE THAT LANA DEL REY!
6. Alabama Shakes - I know this song... But it sounds different in the US. Is this a live version? I've HEARD the song on the radio before. Anyways, I've always thought it was kinda weird and repetitive.
7. The Fray - Oh God no.
8. Lady Gaga - I actually haven't listened to this until now LOL #BadGay. This is actually really good! So much better than Roar... Well done Gaga!
9. Kings of Leon - I've never liked any of their work. This is no exception.
10. Leona Lewis & Avicii - Not the best, but not the worst.
3946 days 12 hours ago
NerdBird44
1) Fun- I love Nate's voice! This is probably my favorite song from Fun as well. Great choice!

2) Misha B- I liked this one a lot. Her voice sounds very powerful and the song was very catchy. Another great choice!

3) Lana Del Ray- D
3946 days 12 hours ago
NerdBird44
3) Lana Del Ray- Don't get me wrong, I love Lana! But this has never been a favorite song of mine. If I were to enter Lana, I would prefer Video Games or Summertime Sadness.

4) Kelly Clarkson- Kelly has such a powerhouse voice! But for some reason, her voice always seems to bore me. I like the tune, but I feel like the song could've been better if someone like Avril Lavinge sang it.

5) Regina Spektor- When I first saw Regina, I thought for sure she would be a twee artist (Which I love) ! But sadly, she's never interested me as well as this song.
3946 days 7 hours ago
NerdBird44
6) Alabama Shakes- Pure perfection <333

7) The Fray- I hate The Fray. This doesn't change my opinion.

8) Lady Gaga- Ooo! This was really entertaining. Love it <333

9) Kings of Leon- Read my comment for #7 :P

10) Leona Lewis and Avicii- I love Leona's voice as well as this song. Nice choice!

(Sorry for such boring comments, I got WAY to high on iced coffee.. I need some sleep :/)
3944 days 21 hours ago
ricktworick1
Results are postponed to 3 PM EST/8 PM GMT, with voting deadline lengthened until 2 PM EST/7 PM GMT.
3944 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
fun - GET OUT OF HERE!
Misha B - GURRRL WERQ
Lana - meh... she's aiight
Kelly - gurlll... GURLL! GURRRRRRRRRRRL!
Regina - STOP TRYING TO MAKE REGINA HAPPEN!
Alabama Shakes - oooh gurrrrl... OOOOOOOOOOH GURLLL!
The Fray - suh cuhte
Lady Gaga - trying too hard
Kings of Leon - ughh... can we not... can we just leave these types in TSC ... kbai
Leona - GURL WORKK!!!!!
3944 days 18 hours ago
connorthomson
Fun – never liked fun its just his voice like ugh I hate it so much ? it’s the same when he sings with pink aswell I think he ruins that song. Although this isn’t a bad song its just his voice
Misha b – hated her so fucking much in x-factor especially with her duels with the beautiful kitty x em this songs alright
Lana del rey – my god she is so depressing like theres some depressing music I really can love like Leona lewis or some emeli sande but she is just dull depressing
Kelly Clarkson – perfection I love it its an amazing song
Regina spektor – ive always liked regina spektor shes miles better than lana
Alabama shakes – not really heard of these but the songs pretty good old schooool
The fray – ugh this is such a sad but beautiful song and it always reminds me of the iconic episode of scrubs with dr cox
Lady gaga – what a shock someone entered this :P honestly this song by her isn’t as good as her older stuff
Kings of leon – like seriously always hated them and always will
Leona lewis – it’s a strange mix but a mix that works Leona is just perfection everything lana isn’t
3944 days 17 hours ago
krrais
sorry rick i really want to do jury but it's already 1 a.m here lol maybe next contest
3944 days 17 hours ago
pok3rf4ce
8pm :)
3944 days 17 hours ago
ricktworick1
Results will start in a bit.

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!