This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 3: The Blind Leading the Blind

Topic » Episode 3: The Blind Leading..

2129 days 8 hours ago
nbkiller
This challenge is called “Paths of Peril” and here’s how this works….

You will be in an 8x8 maze, starting in a random spot. In addition, you will be blindfolded so in each room you will not know which directions the door in each room is located. There will be just 1 path but you will not know which way to take. You will travel through 35 total rooms to get from start to finish.

In each room you will choose a direction as if you are viewing the maze from above (UP, DOWN, LEFT OR RIGHT) and you will either find the door to the next room or a wall.

As such, the maze looks like this:

A        B        C        D        E        F        G        H       
1        X        X        X        X        X        X        X        X       
2        X        X        X        X        X        X        X        X       
3        X        X        X        X        X        X        X        X       
4        X        X        X        X        X        X        X        X       
5        X        X        X        X        X        X        X        X       
6        X        X        X        X        X        X        X        X       
7        X        X        X        X        X        X        X        X       
8        X        X        X        X        X        X        X        X       

When moving through the maze, imagine as if you are playing a maze flash game. If you hit the right button, your “character” will move 1 space to the right (example: F3 to G3). You will only “move” spaces if you are correct.

Each of you will be given a link to a google form. Your challenge will take place over that form, so you are able to do it at any time you would like. First, you will be directed to a page where you will need to type your username in. Once you hit submit, your time will start, and you will be directed to another form.

The first page of the second form will tell you where you are starting in the maze. Afterwards, you will need to either go LEFT, RIGHT, UP or DOWN to get to the next room. If you are correct, the form will advance to the next room. If you are incorrect, then you will go to a page saying so and will need to hit the back button on the form.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT HIT THE BACK BUTTON ON YOUR BROWSER OR YOU BE FORCED TO START OVER. USE THE FORM FOR ALL NAVIGATION.

Simply put, you will need to move through 35 rooms as fast as you can. Once you have moved through 35 rooms, you will be prompted to type in your username again. Once you do so and hit submit, your time will end.

Once you start the challenge, you CANNOT pause or stop it. Be sure to have enough time to complete the challenge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER: There are MANY versions of this challenge all of semi-equal difficulty. When I give you a link through tengaged mail, you must use YOUR LINK. Using someone else’s link will result in you doing the wrong challenge AND getting yourself Disqualified WITH a major penalty in the season.

I should also not have to say this, but any form of cheating is not tolerated. If I catch any cheating, it will be dealt with swiftly and harshly, and an ejection from the season along with an NB Reality ban may be in order.

If you think it could be considered cheating, or if you think you have to ask me if something is cheating or not, then the answer is yes and you should not do it. You have been warned.

The team with the fastest AVERAGE overall time in each matchup will win this challenge! If a player does not complete the challenge or is DQ’ed, then their time will be the SLOWEST OVERALL TIME PLUS 10 MINUTES.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before we get to this challenge, I know it’s a complicated one so I am giving you a chance to practice it! I have put together a 6x6 version of the challenge with 20 rooms in it. You may find the practice link here:

https://goo.gl/forms/xvDnBEAVRLj8PLpJ3

Feel free to complete it as many times as you’d like. If you have any questions, post them here/mail/skype me. The links for the actual challenge will be mailed out tomorrow!
2129 days 1 hour ago
jman96
What are the match ups?
2129 days 1 hour ago
nbkiller
MATCH-UPS:

BLUE team vs RED team
GRAY team vs Green team
2128 days 23 hours ago
nbkiller
To clarify, the practice link is a 6x6 maze. You will need to go go through 20 rooms in the practice. Otherwise, the practice is identical to how the actual challenge is set up.
2128 days 22 hours ago
MJFJUNE
Lit
2128 days 21 hours ago
LaFierceBrittany2
This is mobile-friendly, right?
2128 days 20 hours ago
nbkiller
LaFierceBrittany2
This is mobile-friendly, right?

-------------------------

Yes, I just did it on my phone
2128 days 14 hours ago
LaFierceBrittany2
When is this due?!
2128 days 13 hours ago
nbkiller
LaFierceBrittany2
When is this due?!

I will be sending you all your personal challenge links tonight and it will be due Tomorrow night (Wednesday)
2128 days 13 hours ago
jman96
ok
2128 days 11 hours ago
nbkiller
Hello everyone! I have finished everyone's challenge, and I will be mailing those out to you now. You may begin your challenge once you receive YOUR link. Do not attempt to use anybody else's link, or you AND they will be DQ'ed.

You have until 10 PM EST on Wednesday, July 11th to complete the challenge.
2128 days 11 hours ago
nbkiller
Everyone now has their challenge links, this challenge is on! Good luck!
2127 days 11 hours ago
nbkiller
Time for results!

MATCH #1: BLUE vs RED

----------------------------------------------------

BLUE TEAM:

absol        0:02:36
cfff        0:09:46
FoxyWinters        0:23:35        DID NOT COMPETE
Halloween        0:03:35
kingLiam        0:03:57
nothingbutrouble        0:04:58

Average time: 9:41

-----------------------------------------------

RED TEAM:

countrysavage        0:07:42
jman96        0:13:35
Kgamer2218        0:03:39
Ladybug5        0:05:29
LaFierceBrittany2        0:03:36
Lemjam6        0:06:55
NotNicky333        0:03:17

Average time: 6:19

--------------------------------------------

And with that, the RED team wins their third challenge in a row! Congratulations! You all are once again safe from the Guantlet. Blue team, two of you will be entering the gauntlet this episode, and one will be going home.
2127 days 11 hours ago
nbkiller
Match #2: GREEN vs GRAY

----------------------------------------------

GREEN TEAM:

awwsum11        0:03:51
Christian_        0:04:19
Christian37        0:10:12
Cray        0:04:40
jussy007        0:05:08
TheEclipse        0:02:46

Average time: 5:09

----------------------------------------------------

GRAY TEAM:

Lalisa        0:03:33
MJFJUNE        0:03:30
rawr121        0:06:11
Ryan_Jambe        0:04:01
Spinfur        0:03:18

Average Time: 4:07

------------------------------------------------------

And on the other side of the spectrum, the Gray team has now won their first challenge! Green team, you will be sending two players to the gauntlet, and another one will be going home.
2127 days 11 hours ago
nbkiller
Full results (including which map everyone played) are here, simply for you all to see how you did compared to the others who did your map.

http://prntscr.com/k5f6q4

NOTE: Two players on the Red team did the same map simply because these maps actually took a long time to set up and I didn't want to set up a 7th one for a single player.
2127 days 10 hours ago
Kgamer2218
Me after seeing who I can vote on the other team
https://78.media.tumblr.com/06426f3ff060f4683becdf065793a8bc/tumblr_nic8toBHc11s9eqyfo2_250.gif

open group

NB Reality: Archive

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!