This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Performance Show Week 1: Welcome!

Topic » Performance Show Week 1:..

4341 days 17 hours ago
sokerdude7
RANKINGS

1 - Blogs
2 - Zakaustin
3 - FlameonX
4 - Maxiphone
5 - Gurlbai
6 - Blackwidow
7 - TolisKalkas
8 - Emmaleigh
9 - PrincessKK
10 - RJ18
11 - Jermin
12 - TripleXXX
4341 days 16 hours ago
TripleXXX
my fate lies in the hands of Kris and the other judge (cries myself to bed)
4341 days 15 hours ago
Emmaleigh
So I am a little rusty, what happens next? Bottom 3 go into a poll?
4341 days 15 hours ago
RJ18
Thanks for the comments, guys, I plaed it safe, obvs, I should go for it next time then :P
4341 days 15 hours ago
maxiphone27
what about the 3 people who didnt submit a song?
4341 days 15 hours ago
sokerdude7
IDK for sure since I am only a guest judge, but I would assume if you posted a song you are safe and all the people that did not post are up for elimination.

But usually total of all judges scores, bottom two go into a poll for elimination.
4341 days 12 hours ago
Jermin119
I was doing my own rendition of the song but i guess it didnt come across well. Im not trying to be nor sound like adele i know its hard to not compare but i was really trying to make it my own by breaking it down even more and making it a bit more soft.
4341 days 12 hours ago
krisbliss
ZakAustin- Wow, this was outstanding. This is a tough song to cover, and you did so well with it. The song fit your voice very nicely, and you executed it wonderfully as well. You definitely set this bar high for this round. Well done!

RJ18 - I generally love your voice, but I don't feel this song allowed you to showcase it off in the best manner. I felt like parts of the song made you rush too much, and it didn't really flow all the way throughout the song. I know you can do so much more, and I'm looking forward to hearing what else you can do in future rounds.

GurlBai - I thought the song started off a little bit slow, but you got into it more as it went along. I like the tone/quality of your voice. I know you can do even better than this performance in the future. I thought it was pretty decent and am excited to see what else you can bring in the future.

BlackWidow - I enjoy your voice very much. I thought this was a nice performance. It had a soothing/relaxing vibe to it which I liked. It may not have been the most exciting choice, but you did well overall.

Blogs - I thought this performance was quite nice. You did a good job handling all of the words in the song, and you managed to make it flow well. I also liked how laid back the performance was. It will be fun to see what more you can do in the competition as it progresses!

Emmaleigh - Thank you so much for posting a song even though you were busy. I really love your voice.  I think this is a difficult song to cover. I also agree with sokerdude that this song is done quite often so it might not have been the best choice overall.  I know this wasn't your best performance, but I also know you can do much better and am looking forward to hearing you more.

princesskk - You have a very nice voice, but I don't think this song really showcased it. I don't think the song offered you enough opportunities to show what you are capable of doing with your voice. It was just an okay performance for me. However, I am very much excited to hearing you more as the competition goes forward.

Maxiphone - I agree with the other judges so far that this was a nice song choice for your voice. Overall, I thought you did a very nice job with it. I hope you are able to keep up the good song choices in the future!

Jermin119 - I definitely think this was the wrong song for you. I just don't think this song complimented your voice very well. It was hard to understand in parts and didn't really flow overall. I know you can do much better than what this performance showed. Next round, be sure to pick a song that matches your voice more nicely, and you should do much better.

TolisKalkas - I like this song. I don't know if it was the absolute best one for your voice, but I did feel like the performance got better as it went along. You finished strong.  I also know you can bring more and am looking forward to hearing what you come up with in future rounds.

TripleXXX - I do appreciate that you tried to mix it up and do your own thing with the song. However, I don't know if it was the best choice for you. I felt it got a little bit monotonous and boring in parts. It seemed too slow and kind of dragged. I know you can do better if you pick a better song for you next time!

FlameonX - I agree with the other judges that this was a sweet rendition. I don't think it was the most exciting/interesting performance, but I did quite enjoy it and am really looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing what else you can do!!
4341 days 12 hours ago
krisbliss
Rankings:
1.ZakAustin
2.Maxiphone
3.Blogs
4.BlackWidow
5.FlameonX
6.GurlBai
7.TolisKalkas
8.Emmaleigh
9.princesskk
10.RJ18
11.Jermin119
12.TripleXXX
4341 days 12 hours ago
krisbliss
As for what will happen with the elimination, everyone who posted a song is safe from elimination this week since three people did not post. Clueliz will still post her comments/rankings for those of you who did post a song so that you can see how you ranked with all the judges scores combined for this round. 

As for what happens with the three people who did not post a song (RObbyROb, Wonderland, and Akron), I will post a separate thread with that information.

Thanks for your patience everyone and congrats on making it past the first round of songs if you posted a song!!
4341 days 2 hours ago
clueliz
Hello tengaged Idol All Stars. Congrats on making it to this competition. I know many of you are very excited to be here. I hope all of you are prepared for the adventure you are faced with in this competition. I reviewed most of your songs last night. The results will be added tonight. Good luck everyone!
4340 days 21 hours ago
blogs
thx for the kind words judges
4340 days 16 hours ago
clueliz
Let me start off by saying that I am not just looking for a beautiful voice when I judge. I am looking for way more then that. Anyone can have a beautiful voice, but you have to know how to use it. I thought about grading you guys individually, but this time around I am listening. First, get to know what I am looking for and then use that when you are recording your next song. At that time I will make seperate comments, because you will know what I am expecting.

That being said.. I will be judging the first song you post, because that is only fair.

Please dont make excuses as to why you cant do somthing in a song, why you havent recorded or that there will be late recordings.... no excuses...

When you are performing, you need to sell it. If you put in the judges head that you cant do something, then that sets a negative tone from the begining.  Watch the background noises, static and any other noises that can distract those that are listening to you. We want to hear you. Watch your stage presence when on cam and remember to make a connection with those that are watching.

Remember not to rush through the song. Watch your pitch, tone, volume and energy.

Pick a song that shows up YOUR vocals. Dont just sing the music... believe it , feel it and mean it....

I really enjoyed listening to you guys. There were voices with power, strength and innocence. I had to stop myself from singing with some of you. I know most, if not all of you, put in a lot of time and effort into this competition. It shows! Thanks to everyone who submitted a song.

That being said... the results are posted below.
Please keep in mind, what my judging is based on.
Good luck everyone :P

1.  ZAKAUSTIN
2.  EMMALEIGH
3.  FLAMEONX
4.  PRINCESSKK
5.  MAXIPHONE27
6.  RRJ18
7.  GURLBAI
8.  TOLIS
9.  BLACKWIDOW
10. BLOG
11. JERMIN119
12. TRIPPLEXXX
4339 days 22 hours ago
krisbliss
Thanks to all the judges for posting their comment/rankings.

Here is everyone's (of those that posted) combined score/place for this round:

1. ZakAustin - 5
2. FlameonX -14
3. Maxiphone - 15
4. Blogs - 16
5/6. Blackwidow -24
5/6. Gurlbai -24
7. Emmaleigh - 27
8. PrincessKK - 29
9. TolisKalkas - 32
10. RJ18 - 34
11. Jermin - 44
12. TripleXXX - 48

If you see any errors with these calculations, please let me know, and I will adjust them. Thanks and good luck in the next round!!
4339 days 19 hours ago
maxiphone27
"That being said.. I will be judging the first song you post, because that is only fair."

isn't that the opposite of fair? i think we should be able to submit a different version of a song if we think we can do better. (as long as it's before the deadline of course.) Or at least this kind of thing should be established between all the judges, so that all judges are judging the same song. Otherwise, i see some conflicts arising with this kind of thing.

open group

Tengaged Idol (Karaoke): All-Stars

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!