This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 504 Final: Second Chances

Topic » TSC 504 Final: Second Chances

519 days 4 hours ago
ryan5676
14) Jungle - 'Good Times'
Song Ends 3:06

Alt Link (Just the Song):

TSC 480 - 14th
Originally Sent By: hellocat
519 days 4 hours ago
ryan5676
15) Manal - '360'

TSC 415 - 15th
Originally Sent By: hellomynameis347
519 days 4 hours ago
ryan5676
All 15 songs have been posted!

You have got until Sunday 8:30pm BST/3:30pm EST to post your comments and send me your votes!

Good luck!
519 days 3 hours ago
Darbe
01) Grace Gaustad - Truth be told, this has aged awfully. Don't like this chorus to this one bit in retrospect. Really corny.
02) Kris Maddigan - Passed me by.
03) The Snuts - Sounds like the eBay version of Twenty One Pilots. I found this kind of uninspired unfortunately.
04) Malavika - I went through a stage after TSC 431 ended where i thought this a bit robbed. On reflection I don't think this has aged THAT well either if I'm completely honest. It is still alright though. Bit generic but has a fun quality.
05) BATHSHEBA - I remember the moment I heard this in a listening party the first time it was submitted and instantly thought it was going to win. I remember hearing the song a second time shortly after and realising it was the red neon lights blinding my perception as this was in fact really flat. I still stand by that. There are good ideas there but none of them come together for me.
06) Erika de Casier - I appreciated this the first time around and I still do. Classy. I like the subtle production.
07) Isabella Lovestory - It took me a long time to enjoy her music but I got into this genre a lot more this year and this is a fun execution of it. Glad it was re-submitted so I can appreciate it more!
08) Keri Hilson - Wasn't this in BETA not too long ago? Now idea how it's been deemed eligible for both contests but this is fine. Decent enough for the 2000s R&B sort of genre.
09) Ciara - It's fine. Definitely doesn't feel necessary in this contest, but as a song I guess I could see why someone who grew up with it would appreciate it.
10) Yo Lee - I remember liking this the first time around and nobody else seeming to appreciate it. It's very nice and sincere to me. So glad he gets a SECOND CHANCE.
11) Alice Glass - This also triggered a memory because this was the semi where every song I wanted to qualify didn't. Genuinely one of the scariest results ceremonies ever. I liked this one back then and thought it was robbed. It's a trendier sound in 2022 so I expect it to do significantly better this time.
12) dexter - This is chill. I still appreciate the garage feel of the song.
13) The Shins - As soon as I saw 'TSC 79 - 11th Originally Sent By: mrcriminaljustice' I knew I would be stanning. I've notoriously been one of the biggest indie music advocates in TSC so it's no surprise that I enjoyed this really. By the way, this has a music video which could have been used.
14) Jungle - Much like the first time I heard it, this is still really good and euphoric. I remember it getting a penalty last time around, but hopefully nothing holds it back this time around.
15) Manal - Kind of a Third Chance for this one considering it was in Best Of 2020. I've never really cared that much about it personally, feels a bit gimmicky.
519 days 3 hours ago
turkeylover
01) Grace Gaustad - oh i mean this is song is *objectively* bad but BAWPPPPP !!! i unironically enjoy it sm idgaf
02) Kris Maddigan - LOL!
03) The Snuts - this isn’t as bad as i expected….. but it’s annoying yeah
04) Malavika - this is camp! it’s fun yassss
05) BATHSHEBA - YASSS BAWP !! this is so good woah….
06) Erika de Casier - MOTHER…. this song is so gorgeous actually wow…. so robbed
07) Isabella Lovestory - YASSSSSSS an instant classic…. aged like wine…. amazing song fr fr
08) Keri Hilson - LMFAO BAWPP !!! im moving sm yasssss
09) Ciara - OMG IT’S THIS SONG YASSSSS BAWPPPP WOW….
10) Yo Lee - yasssss this is really pretty !! a nice little refresher !!
11) Alice Glass - YASSSSSS BAWP BAWP BAWP i was so sad when this died in the semis <//3 tew good….
12) dexter - SEAVIPER I HATE YOU but YASSSSSS this is so good actually…. aged like wine !!
13) The Shins - i was expecting the most scariest entry but this is quite cute :3 so good…. me and who….
14) Jungle - oh i feel like this is winning and im okay with that yassss it’s fun!
15) Manal - okay bawp…. not really a stand out but im moving yasss !!
518 days 22 hours ago
tbrown_47
01) Grace Gaustad: Well, I didn’t hate this. It was kind of cute. Decent production that could’ve been elevated if she had a good voice
02) Kris Maddigan: Well someone has to come in last I guess. TSC will never appreciate instrumentals, but I will always have time for songs like these. This is just a very fun and vibrant piece of music
03) The Snuts: Oh lol, I remember this. For songs like these, I really need the instrumentation to hit. This fell a bit flat I fear
04) Malavika: I can see why this didn’t place too well, but I’m moving. Nothing groundbreaking, but the vibe is right
05) BATHSHEBA: My thoughts on this are pretty similar to Malavika. Very enjoyable on an initial listen, but idk how well it will age
06) Erika de Casier: The instrumentation is beautiful - subtle but still very melodic. And her voice compliments it perfectly. Gorgeous
07) Isabella Lovestory: I’m surprised she placed so low. I thought the girls loved her. Not for me, but to each their own
08) Keri Hilson: I love us digging into the TSC archives for songs. Nelly was so washed at this time, but he’ll always be iconic. He slayed. Though I fear Keri never did much for me, but overall this was fun
09) Ciara: LOL yas TSC 111! Honestly, I’m loving the beta invasion. Boppaso
10) Yo Lee: Very cute. I really liked how the instrumentation progressed. Has a very chill vibe and is definitely something I could have a repeat
11) Alice Glass: I kind of liked the alternative vibe, but didn’t love her voice at all. This was fine
12) dexter: Very chill and garageband-esque. Best seaviper entry
13) The Shins: There’s definitely some classic rock influence. I feel like these guys could make a decent Journey cover band. I did yas to the instrumentation at some bits
14) Jungle: This is probably winning. Such a fun bop. Problemz is better though 😛
15) Manal: I’m going to be real…I don’t like anything about this
517 days 19 hours ago
1001games
Grace Gaustad: Nice little pop tune. Not something I would listen to again but for what it was it was okay.

Kris Maddigan: Shocked to see this one again. Still giving me that intermission type vibe but I love the tune!

The Snuts: Totally my type of jam! Really enjoyed this! So catchy!

Malavika: Way too basic for me. Not feeling this at all. Sorry!

BATHSHEBA: This was okay. Nothing too special. Kind of background music for me.

Erika de Casier: Too quiet and I feel like the song is missing a lot.

Isabella Lovestory: I hated it at first. But I’ll be honest it did grow on me a little bit so theres that.

Keri Hilson: Nelly really made this song. Overall not a bad song. Catchy chorus for sure.

Ciara: This is totally giving me 2010’s summer song vibes! Never heard of this but def a summer jam I think.

Yo Lee: Damn back in the DNQ days lol. Anyways I can see how nobody liked it due to the slow tune. I personally don't mind it. Nice tune overall!

Alice Glass: This is just messy. Not for me.

Dexter: Giving this a second listen made me enjoy it a little more than before. Still not great but definitely good.

The Shins: Iconic song! Glad the sender didnt send in the music video for this as it ruins the song. But yeah good and cool bop!

Jungle: These guys are pretty great! Loved the upbeat and unique style they have!

Manal: Yikes. This definitely isnt for me!
517 days 1 hour ago
FromAWindow
01) Grace Gaustad - Oh this storyline yasssssss. This is hilarious. Kinda bopping tho ngl. Like it’s not great or anything but bop.

02) Kris Maddigan - Oh I know who this is. Bop tbh. Gorgeous noisy instrumental. This was posted originally in a good week kinda one of the best of the year so I couldn’t point it then but I totally can now, bop!!!!! Dances sm!!!

03) The Snuts - This was in a good week too. I like this!!! It’s the indie sound done well tbh. Kinda a bit on the nose for its message but I bop tbh. It’s good indie and the instrumental kinda eats.

04) Malavika - Lmaoooo this is so basic but hey a bops a bop. Not groundbreaking but it’s good!

05) BATHSHEBA - Lmao 21st? Okay y’all. This is a bop. Oh wait. This chorus is kinda doo doo. Oh this is aging by the second. Oh no.

06) Erika de Casier - I had this song saved and running for a bit last year but it faded away. This is nice!!! It’s classy, got that breezy by the beach feel with those drums. It’s really nice tbh. Not ground breaking but this deserves its flowers so I get the send.

07) Isabella Lovestory - Am I just never gonna be able to submit “Exibisionista” or “Hit”? When I screamed “you’re so hot” to this GODDESS and she said back “you’re hot too” I really got my life for the whole year. This beat is so hot. Yeah bop duh but I will say hee newer stuff outsells. Loves her sm tho this also deserves its flowers.

08) Keri Hilson - Lmaoooooooooooo I’ve never been the intended audience for trashy 2010 mirrors bops like this but I respect it for what it is. Sure!

09) Ciara - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Oh I ALWAYS have time for ciara HOW IS THIS ELIGIBLE????? Whatever who cares. BAWPPPPPPP!!!!! Will I give ciara my 12 again in the year of 20 fucking 22? Who’s to say?

10) Yo Lee - I FORGOT TO TELL JIN TO SUBMIT SANDY LAM FUCK UGH! That song deserved its flowers tbh. Oh but this is also gorgeous. I’m sick of being one of the only people to appreciate these masterpieces jin gives us every week. Like this is so bubbly and good and ugh we love you jin!!! Also why does this look like the boy from “Heartstopper”?

11) Alice Glass - WHY WAS THIS PAID DUST????? THIS IS SO GOOD????? This is actually so so so good!!!! This was probably ahead of its time wasn’t it? Bop tbh this getting a second chance is so fucking deserved. Damnnnnnnn I’m kinda hooked.

12) dexter - I have this hearted after this contest but don’t listen much. It’s good!!! I don’t love the voice but it’s just so calming and well done in production. This being a seaviper send is so unexpected.

13) The Shins - I can’t place my finger on if I like this or not. I think it’s well done. It has a “Bez” by Nesen quality to it. But also. Not nearly as cunty or stand out. I like it! Idk if I’ll ever listen to it again. But it’s certainly interesting!!!! It’s just kinda nice indie pop rock that’s well produced enough for me to care :))

14) Jungle - I really wanted to give this 12 when it came up in tsc this year but didn’t bc of the penalty. But god. This BAWPPPPPPPPPPPS SOOOOOO HARDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! Soooooooo retro but actually feels authentic but boppy. Saw this live a few months ago, too and they really killed it, all the high, privileged white people who had no idea who Jungle was were living when this was playing. Bopppppppppp I hope this does well without the penalty!!!

15) Manal - Does manal actually have any good music? Throwback to Eve putting her in her Moroccan nf solely bc the scene in her mv where they were at an arcade made us cackle. This isn’t bad it’s just evil!
516 days 17 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) Grace Gaustad - oh this kinda hit and missed quickly! Enjoyed the verses and the chorus confused me like why did she just like non chalantly say the lyrics… and then it progresses and the instrumental fools you into thinking this song has energy but that's really not the case it's kinda empty
02) Kris Maddigan - I am glad this video game has brought you fun. This instrumental is kinda giving… the simpsons
03) The Snuts - LMAO I forgot the mark zuckerberg jumpscare honestly that was an iconic TSC moment. This song is kinda wine
04) Malavika - kinda surprised this was 14th. This sounds so good. It's simple but disguises its simplicity with great vocals, a fun beat drop and even a sassy sultry bridge. Enjoying this
05) BATHSHEBA - iconic choice I love bathsheba, I think at the time I wanted to send her but someone got to this first. But this song is still great! Mom
06) Erika de Casier - uh kinda confused how this almost made top 10. It's easy to listen to in that it sounds pleasant but it's not exactly keeping me awake either
07) Isabella Lovestory - I have been known to stan songs with a dance hall track as long as the vocals can at least rise to the occasion. I don't know how I felt about this then but for now I was entertained. You go girl
08) Keri Hilson - I am part of the #KeriKrew and love to receive #kerimel #kisses from that queen keri… musically she has done wrong before and this song is like mid tier for me. She has smashes and flops, sometimes both at once. This is both, but I love some of her others more
09) Ciara - ok funny she's back to back with keri but I have always loved this song! So fun and it feeds me energy every time I listen… a real smash
10) Yo Lee - I can guess how I felt about this then. This is certainly a… Slow burn! It's cute but I don't really like weak sounding songs
11) Alice Glass - would've died if Ana Golja's Glass was here instead… but I'm pretty sure that got like 5th or whatever so besides the point. This is a familiar synth hyper pop sound and the vocals get old quick tbh if I listened to without my headphones I fear what my parents' dog would do
12) dexter - I was going to call it simple but I don't think that's doing this song justice. I think there's a lot at play here under the surface and I liked it and how it was chill but still intriguing, however I hated the ending
13) The Shins - and straight people moved! I do love cinematic songs and this is part of that elite category for me. But I think the first time I listened to this was the strongest I felt about the song. Ever since then it has no relisten value to me… at least I haven't sought it out. But I still appreciate this for sure
14) Jungle - a familiar song for sure but Jungle rarely misses… actually surprised this fell outside of top 10 (was it because she forgot to vote?)
15) Manal - not a 3:20 video having its first 35 seconds not even be part of the song! Oh I remember this weird ass entry… it's camp I'll give it that
516 days 6 hours ago
SeaViper
1) Grace Gaustad - I don't remember this, but I honestly quite enjoyed it! It had me bopping along somewhat, and sure, it is generic, but it's not bad :)
2) Kris Maddigan - YASSSSSS RYAN!!! I would've 12'd this if I was competing in this contest, it's such a SLAY :D
3) The Snuts - I'm sorry, but most of this is just noise for me. Had the potential to be iconic though
4) Malavika - I couldn't get into this, sorry. I really wanted to, but nothing gripped me in this and it just sort of...passed
5) Bathsheba - Wait, I was shockingly BOPPING to this omg, I honestly really enjoyed dancing along to this wow! This contest is honestly looking pretty solid!!!
6) Erika de Casier - This just sort of existed. I'm afraid it's just not memorable for me, but otherwise, it's alright
7) Isabella Lovestory - Sorry, but I still find this really, REALLY fucking annoying, a bit like TurkeyLover. It's just really not my kind of tune
8) Keri Hilson - Oh the rap can FUCK OFF, but the rest of the song...I honestly kind of stan it! The rap drags it down a little, but otherwise, I enjoyed this :)
9) Ciara - Sadly I don't really like this. A lot of it is just loud noise attacking my eardrum </3
10) Yo Lee - This is a really cute, chill listen. It's not life-changing or anything, but it's cute
11) Alice Glass - I hate the voice here. The beat is actually kind of good, but the vocals will give me nightmares
12) Dexter - This is definitely my most shocking send to date. Still enjoy it :)
13) The Shina - This is so random lmfao. I swear someone picked this out using some sort of random generator. Still, I have to say this wasn't bad
14) Jungle - Our of curiosity I also listened to the other song in this video and actually liked it more ngl. Going on the one that was sent, I didn't really like it that much, but it wasn't truly god awful
15) Manal - The last TSC song of 2022, and I honestly can't say I loved it. It wasn't horrendous, but would I listen again? No
515 days 4 hours ago
LornaHollas
1.        This was fun, I really enjoyed this
2.        I had never heard of cuphead until this year! This is such a fun instrumental!
3.        My aunt still has a brick phone that you can play snake on!
4.        Not horrible but not something I would listen to again
5.        21st? Oh this was robbed!
6.        Kind of a vibe
7.        Think I’ve heard this somewhere before (maybe just remembering it from contest tbh) this is kind of a mess but I’m enjoying it!
8.        Give Keri Hilson a win already!
9.        Bop! Can’t believe this got paid dirt way back in the days of TSC 111
10.        I liked the girls from the shining reference
11.        Should’ve qualified! Bop!
12.        It was fine I guess. Wouldn’t return
13.        Lol going way back into the archives for this one. Quite good
14.        Kind of annoying
15.        Didn’t care for this
514 days 22 hours ago
J2999
001. Grace Gaustad : When I think of J2999 songs this is what comes to mind too. I mean... bop it ate then it ate now.
002. Kris Maddigan : The music started off decent but when that was the entire song? Oh my. That was too much.
003. The Snuts : Quite like the singing, took a while for the music to really go anywhere, but that was quite a serve when it finally kicked in. Good song.
004. Malavika : Oh this bopppeddd well, quite a slapper. I really enjoyed this.
005. BATHSHEBA : Some more good food, this was pretty solid too, good listen.
006. Erika de Casier : Erika de Casier just doesn't seem my cup of tea I fear.
007. Isabella Lovestory : Good song name... quite a good song too.... moved by this sure sure yessssss.
008. Keri Hilson : This was quite decent. A bit too long but it had some good moments, sooo sure.
009. Ciara : Ciara keeps delivering... I ... did prefer her with Justin Timberlake, but still did like this enough.
010. Yo Lee : Towards the second half / end this picked up. It's pleasant, but not massively memorable for me or anything.
011. Alice Glass : Oh ateeeee this up, this was v good. The chorus music devoured, solid good song as a whole.
012. dexter : This was fine. Some of it worked well, other parts felt drier... it was all quite pleasant though.
013. The Shins : This was goooood I liked this, all worked well.
014. Jungle : Hmmm I can't tell if I should like this more or less than I do. It's like... decent, but yeah I can't tell if I'm supposed to be disliking or enjoying. Anyway.
015. Manal : Yesssss this hit well, good closer, it's not quite a level 5 like it's needing a bit more oomph in the bop, but it is good.
514 days 12 hours ago
bibbles
01) Grace Gaustad – started thing the song was never going to start. Its okay, not my sort of thing.
02) Kris Maddigan – Had a good ending, especially that last note!
03) The Snuts – not bad, quite enjoyed that!
04) Malavika – not something I want to listen to again.
05) BATHSHEBA – its okay, they all sound the same after a bit.
06) Erika de Casier – a bit whispery, a bit samey!
07) Isabella Lovestory – this is going to be difficult, so few songs and none I like so far, my points will be which is least terrible song!!
08) Keri Hilson – its bearable, the tune is okay, the vocals not so much!
09) Ciara – I can relate to the bra bit!!
10) Yo Lee – that was, pleasant! A bit whispery!
11) Alice Glass – the tune is okay, shes a bit insipid!
12) dexter – its okay, heard worse.
13) The Shins – that was quite good!! Finally a good song.
14) Jungle – a very happy song, maybe not for me on a Sunday morning!! But its okay.
15) Manal – sounds like something from locke and key at the start. The rest, not my thing!
514 days 10 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) Grace Gaustad        This is kind of bopping. in a ychm kind of way.
02) Kris Maddigan        looks around.... laughs nervously... moves on
03) The Snuts        lol, i was like oh this is probably gonna do well for bibbs, then i saw bibbs submitted the original and i'm like... yea that checks
04) Malavika        Patrick really did submit bops
05) BATHSHEBA        this has top 10 written all over it... i'm surprsied this didn't hit top 10 on the original run
06) Erika de Casier        oh is this because we've had some boring songs do well recently? i get it
07) Isabella Lovestory        we love an underproduced trash song
08) Keri Hilson        this isn't I like
09) Ciara        we went from mellow, to bop. the number of times i quote this song
10) Yo Lee        i'm not inspired
11) Alice Glass        this does have art girls screaming doesn't it
12) dexter        this is kind of vibing as well. should be able to beat it's record
13) The Shins        oh i'm disappointed. mcj i felt would always have underrated bops submitted, but this was a bibbles bait
14) Jungle        i get it, but i'm not living
15) Manal        my ass is bouncing
514 days 8 hours ago
QueenMichelle
01) Grace Gaustad - omg i remember this all the way down to the shite acting. it is kinda a bawp though.. someone showed me another song by her and it slayed. the chorus is catchy w the nightmare bit but im not OVERLY into it.

02) Kris Maddigan - i said it before and ill say it again.. this is a cunty piece of music. an atmosphere was created and i was living yall idk.. a bit of FUN really

03) The Snuts - i don’t remember this at all and probably for good reason. it was cringe from the zuckerberg visuals to the actual music. nawt for me i fear

04) Malavika - this didnt get top 10? im a bit bald i couldve sworn she got like top 5.. anyways shes probably a winner contender. sounds like sumn that would just grow on people and a song that most ppl would like atleast a little. i’m not obsessed w it or anything but i bopped a bit

05) BATHSHEBA - i wasn’t that into this the first time around i feel.. but 2 yrs later im living a bit idk.. its giving a bit. the chorus is v catchy and im shaking my arse a tad. she did her thing yasss

06) Erika de Casier - FUCKING MOTHER YASSSSSSSSS. this song will never get old my goodness. just oozing class n excellence these freakish f words voting this week wouldnt get it.

07) Isabella Lovestory - omggg yASSSSSS. this song was my introduction to her and ive never looked back. this will always be one of my favs by her idk.. just so good for arse shaking. LUV her

08) Keri Hilson - MUTHAAAAA. i rly do miss this era of music. she slayed this idk.. shake wind n roll.

09) Ciara - i was living my best beta life. it was just saur fun i was bopping thru out. mutherrr

10) Yo Lee - i dont remember this either but im getting my life omggg. love it when ilovetosing gets it RIGHT. so gorjuss i feel.

11) Alice Glass - EVERYONE KNOWS HOW HARD I ADVOCATE FOR THIS SONG. ROBBED AS FKKKKK OMFGG. still cant believe this nqed. i sent it to turkey song contest and won the entire thing so thats good atleast.. IM GETTING YOU THIS WIN ALICE

12) dexter - sent by seaviper.. WOAHHH…. rose u ate w this. i remember stanning this icon idk how they didnt get top 10. well they got 11th but still. GOOD ASS MUSIC OMFGGG.

13) The Shins - honestly this wasnt bad! its not on the level of the other slays but i rly did like this. you know i love a bit of indie..

14) Jungle - oh its this song.. they have better honestly. for example the song i sent by them. its good but its been overshadowed by other slays this week.

15) Manal - theres no way this lady hasnt been in second chance w this song before. regardless im here 4 it im riding the manal wave til the wheels fall off i fear

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!