This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2021 - Semi-Final 1

Topic » Best of TSC 2021 - Semi-Final..

794 days 13 hours ago
dragotistic
01) Everglow - Not really my thing. I don’t really remember this in TSC so I don’t know what I thought about it the first time and if it differs from what I’m feeling now.
02) sød ven - Haunting and beautiful. A well selected song.
03) Pace - I remember really liking this, but on this listen, I’m not really feeling it.
04) Halo Kitsch - This was okay, nothing really stand out for me.
05) YOUHA - One of the best songs ever. Period.
06) Ayla D'Lyla, Miss Madeline - Kinda aged beautifully.
07) Alina Pash - Definitely one of my more random winners, but it’s gorgeous nonetheless.
08) Brave Girls - In a similar vein to Everglow, not really my thing.
09) Fulminacci - Brad is a canguro. Bop. Bop. And guess what? Bop again.
10) Trisha Paytas - LOL
11) AWA - Wasn’t this a winner that actually didn’t win. It’s cute still.
12) Dr. Peacock - LOL
13) Majid Jordan - He is the moment. Absolutely stunning and innovative. I’m screaming crying throwing up out of pure ecstasy.
14) RAYE - This song aged like milk holy moly. Kind of glad I didn’t end up winning the clickrace for this one.
15) Lil Mariko - Yeah it’s a no from me dawg.
16) Odette - 9th place? This probably ranks top 3 songs from 2021 for me. It’s literally so gorgeous.
17) STAYC - Yeah this is cute! Nice listen.
18) Sandy Lam - Kinda dewigged me a bit here. Very solid choice for Best Of methinks
19) Kali Mutsa - This probably should be a TSC winner. It’s so clearly unique from like 98% of the songs that get submitted to TSC weekly, and it’s such a high quality song on top of that.
20) Omer Adam - Yeah, not a fan.
21) ENHYPEN - I will always stan a bibbles winner. Pretty solid K-pop, but not really among my favorites.
22) Spice, Sean Paul, Shaggy - I remember saying Sean Paul was the best thing about this, and that still holds true.
23) Amber Lucid - Great song, Universe will always outsell though. Probably will do pretty well.
24) Griff - Pretty good song. Standard modern pop.
25) BewhY - One of the most unique winners I’ve ever seen in my time in TSC. This hopefully will do well.
26) Victorious Cast - LOL
27) Kevin Abstract - Very solid groove. Definitely a stand out in this Best Of semi.
794 days 7 hours ago
turkeylover
01) Everglow - Who let this get to 2nd? This is like…. Okay. Bad-ish at times. I totally forgot about it… yeah…. Oh well!
02) sød ven - Okay… I kinda forgot how gorg and stun this is…. I feel like I hated it in its original week but it’s like gorg now… yeah…
03) Pace - Knowing this almost won over youha is genuinely terrifying….. It’s bad.
04) Halo Kitsch - I’m sorry…. This is boring. Made no noise to me then, and definitely not now. Yeah. It feels like something I should like tho which is the weird thing…
05) YOUHA - BAWPPPPPPPPPPPPP one of the best winners… no it’s true it’s true… I kinda paid this dust in its original week… like 2 points or so??? I was sick.
06) Ayla D'Lyla, Miss Madeline - what can i say? It’s a classic! Also mister madeline is the worst recording artist of all time and it makes me sick knowing that one of you losers will send a song from her shit ep instead of her best song, platinum.
07) Alina Pash - This is really cool and all but I’m not like in love… yeah. It’s great though! 
08) Brave Girls - i forgot about this…. But so did everyone hawhaw i kid i kid…. This is really cute and bubble gummy and just sugary sweet….. Yath… :3
09) Fulminacci - PLS i knew i heard it before i just forgot it was in tsc before hsc fbhjfvfvbghdvghd bop a bit…
10) Trisha Paytas - this is camp! Kinda the tiffany trump of semi 1
11) AWA - BOP IDC IDC should’ve won talian you are sick…
12) Dr. Peacock - LMAO camp! But still awful <3
13) Majid Jordan - why is this bawping sm….. No like… i am moving sm…. Ugh. so good <333333333333333
14) RAYE - idt i liked this the first time around? But it kinda aged like wine a bitsy…. Like raye mom????????????????????????????????????????? I think yes !
15) Lil Mariko - A CLASSIC. IM A SHINY BITCH I GOT LOTS OF SHINY SHIT I GOT GLITTER ON CLIT BECAUSE IM A SHINY BITCH
https://c.tenor.com/r9AGxjXnNMUAAAAd/vonata-abbott-elementary.gif
16) Odette - I don’t think I understood this like I should’ve…. This is a hit !! quite gorg… yeah… <3
17) STAYC - I really gave this like 1 point…. I was so sick for this…. BAWPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP STAYC GIRLS https://i.gyazo.com/d1d5da20009ac730ce2d5f1bf5529215.gif IT’S GOING DOWN
18) Sandy Lam - it’s like…. Art. saur excited to see what ilovetosing has in store for us this year!!
19) Kali Mutsa - killed magdalena bay… slayed them… devoured them… did it first AND better. Absolutely stunning.
20) Omer Adam - No recollection of this…. It’s fine! Kinda blah…. yeah
21) ENHYPEN - No because this still hits…. YASSSSSSS… quite gorg in a way…
22) Spice, Sean Paul, Shaggy - After watching a bit of love & hip hop: atlanta, this aged like wine… like spice mom…. She’s so funny…. BOP!!
23) Amber Lucid - I still believe Universe is better BUT this aged like wine… so stun…
24) Griff - Better than her little trolls world tour shit… but still not that good.
25) BewhY - No recollection of this but it’s a bit of a bop!!! Recap was robbed a bit but yeah!
26) Victorious Cast - Made no noise but bop! Liz gillies mom… okay this actually gets sm better as it goes on… slay!
27) Kevin Abstract - So much better than M*bel… but I’m still not, like, in love with it. Poor AWA.
794 days ago
DallasAndrew
01) Everglow - 'First' A little chaotic, maybe too much elements used, however I appreciate the power it brings. Not a preffered style though for me.
02) sød ven - 'comatose' Even though I like the vibe, the song is way too slow and doesn't neccesarily offers a big impact on the listener.
03) Pace - 'Fallen' Another one which is just climbing from nowhere to nowhere. Not a bad vibe, but there is no big momentum.
04) Halo Kitsch - 'All (Your) Fault' A little retro, but I guess that this is the most interesting part of it. It's certainly catchy, great though.
05) YOUHA - 'Abittipsy' It's the type I will surely not be crazy about. The disco vibe I'm not exactly into a lot.
06) Ayla D'Lyla, Miss Madeline - 'Life Could Be Sweet' Vocally nice, but the music didn't express anything to me.
07) Alina Pash - 'BOSORKANYA' It gives an alternative ethnic sound that the contest might need. I don't know if I would want this to win but it is something to make itself standing out between the entries.
08) Brave Girls - 'Chi Mat Ba Ram' Despite the admirative feeling for the player who entered it after finishing in 29th place, I have nothing to praise this one.
09) Fulminacci - 'Canguro' I've totally enjoyed it, I don't consider it a winner by any mean though.
10) Trisha Paytas - 'Showtime' I think that LornaHollas is in love with the artist that he chose to send her, I don't get any other possible reason.
11) AWA - '24/7' I think it is the first song that flows really well from every point of view. I really enjoy her voice, the music is certainly attractive and it is completed nicely with the oriental vibe between other sounds.
12) Dr. Peacock - 'Trip to Valhalla' After the events happened in the ESCT's last contest, I've pretty much left behind this community. I've decided to bring this one to the 'Best Of' contest though, in hope that it really was a standing out moment last year (even if not as a result) and people probably wanted it. And even that there are moments I am nostalgic after the show, it doesn't mean I'm back for more than one contest.
13) Majid Jordan - 'Waves of Blue' Sadly it just passed me by with no interest in hearing it again.
14) RAYE - 'Love Of Your Life' I know the artist is really appreciated here, however I think this is one of the weakest from herself.
15) Lil Mariko - 'Shiny (ft. Full Tac)' I pretty like enjoy the moment it changes to that screaming, however I think it's too less of a creation to really like it.
16) Odette - 'Herald' I don't think it brings a very much of interest, vocally good for sure.
17) STAYC - 'So Bad' I dislike too much from the instrumental, apart of that I would enjoy it.
18) Sandy Lam - 'Speechless Song' If this is not a standing out moment, I don't know which one is. Kinda hypnotic, I've truly enjoyed it. Of course I would have preffered a shorter version though.
19) Kali Mutsa - 'HaYaKo HaYaKo' Another one that tries to impress instrumentally and there are some entries like that in this one. However, I've found it way too bad in terms of vocals.
20) Omer Adam - 'Tel Aviv (ft. Arisa)' I find it kinda ordinary and apart the language with nothing to impress.
21) ENHYPEN - 'Drunk-Dazed' I just lost my last hope to hear some rock considering this is bibbles' entry. Certainly not my favourite sent from this player.
22) Spice, Sean Paul, Shaggy - 'Go Down Deh' I consider Sean Paul and Shaggy to be few of the best voices in the music industry of our times, they just have some unique timbers. The fact that putting them together and they get something that cheap is an example of how to waste such great potential.
23) Amber Lucid - 'Get Lost In The Music' Such a good vibe. The music is smooth, doesn't go anywhere extraordinary, but it is a simply pleasure to listen to it.
24) Griff - 'Black Hole' It's just really attractive, that rythm is kinda genious in being able to be so catchy, that 8th place I guess was an accident, I think Catch chose it right here. Catchy from Catch, I hope it will qualify.
25) BewhY - '가라사대 (GOTTASADAE)' Surely not for me, the rapping qualities exist, but I don't find it a great entry.
26) Victorious Cast - 'You Don't Know Me (ft. Elizabeth Gillies)' So, finally some rock. Not the greatest, kinda teenagerish, kinda retro, but I've enjoyed it.
27) Kevin Abstract - 'Miserable America' Maybe it's just different or I would have liked it anyway, I don't know, but it got my interest.
793 days 15 hours ago
J2999
001. Everglow - 'First' : J2999 submitted Everglow in TSC439 and came in 2nd place receiving 93 points.
002. sød ven - 'comatose' : This is a smooth pleasant listen yes. Liked it. Pretty sure I enjoyed it when it were sent previously too, might not have pointed it, but yeah.
003. Pace - 'Fallen' : Another chill one, but pleasant again. Decent.
004. Halo Kitsch - 'All (Your) Fault' : The chorus is quite boppy, the verses are alright, good song.
005. YOUHA - 'Abittipsy' : Honestly I was hoping I was sooo good when this was previously sent as I knew a song similar I ranked last then it won, but nah this one ranked midway. It’s quite good actually, enjoyed it, definitely more than I did previously.
006. Ayla D'Lyla, Miss Madeline - 'Life Could Be Sweet' : There’s some decent parts to the music, doesn’t have me massively hooked though or anything, will have forgotten it in 2 mins.
007. Alina Pash - 'BOSORKANYA’ : Kinda queen, it’s a fine song, nothing special, but a fine listen.
008. Brave Girls - 'Chi Mat Ba Ram' : This is a lot better than I remember it being, a bit catchy actually, decent.
009. Fulminacci - 'Canguro' : Just a strong powerful song really, should be a TSC winner. Over the last year I’ve gone through a few periods of repeat listening, ranked top 10 of my TSC 2021 songs too, amazing.
010. Trisha Paytas - 'Showtime' : I started the song, heard 2 seconds, skipped midway, skipped again, listened 5 more seconds, that’s enough.
011. AWA - '24/7' : Some of the music is decent, but just not for me really.
012. Dr. Peacock - 'Trip to Valhalla' : Best song I’ve ever heard. Remains true. Cultural reset.
013. Majid Jordan - 'Waves of Blue' : Enjoyed this, good listen, yes.
014. RAYE - 'Love Of Your Life' : RAYE’s at her best with Joel Corry or Jonas Blue, but she has a good voice, good music here too.
015. Lil Mariko - 'Shiny (ft. Full Tac)' : O yeah… this song. Interesting! It doesn’t drag out at least, but like… blinks.
016. Odette - 'Herald' : It’s fine, some of the music is decent.
017. STAYC - 'So Bad' : Bit of a bop, liked this.
018. Sandy Lam - 'Speechless Song' : Midway through the music was good, then the parts similar to that part. The rest didn’t do too much though.
019. Kali Mutsa - 'HaYaKo HaYaKo' : Ok of all songs that are carried by the music, this one hits HARD, banger actually, liked this.
020. Omer Adam - 'Tel Aviv (ft. Arisa)' : 1001 games REALLY delivered THIS 2021 TSC best of like damn he sorta sent the best song in each semi actually LMAO boppppppppppppp.
021. ENHYPEN - 'Drunk-Dazed' : Good song, solid music, yeah enjoyed.
022. Spice, Sean Paul, Shaggy - 'Go Down Deh' : Sean Paul. Actually just checked my previous comment and of course gave him a solo mention there too, king. Definitely better than I remembered it being, liked it this listen.
023. Ambar Lucid - 'Get Lost In The Music' : Good listen overall, works well.
024. Griff - 'Black Hole' : Honestly I don’t remember this song at all, but yeah it’s good. Especially the chorus.
025. BewhY - '가라사대 (GOTTASADAE)' : Quite good, sorta came and went, but a pleasant listen still.
026. Victorious Cast - 'You Don't Know Me (ft. Elizabeth Gillies)’ : A bit of a bop actually, but at the same time it’s not giving MASSES. The lyric vid feels like a bit of a ride though. She does have a good voice in parts though.
027. Kevin Abstract - 'Miserable America' : Don’t think I’ve heard this since the week it were sent, but this is a good one. Good closer. Yessss.
793 days ago
ganghandedcat
01 : Everglow - First : This song is very flat but also bopping a lil bit. Actually no it's just flat.
02 : sød ven - comatose : This isn't groundbreaking but it's fine for what it is and I enjoy it.
03 : Pace - Fallen : I'm tired of this song and it's aged quite a little bit for me if I'm being honest.
04 : Halo Kitsch - All (Your) Fault : I had no recollection of this song but this is generic and static. Lacks a moment. Still not bad!
05 : YOUHA - Abittipsy : Aged a biT but like it's fine it's still very good.
06 : Ayla D'Lyla, Miss Madeline - Life Could Be Sweet : Voguing still to this song it's very camp very Paris Hilton wedding vibes.
07 : Alina Pash - Bosarkanya : Ever since finding out she said the N word and mocked East Asian people I can't stand behind this document forger anymore. Still, the song is nice if not aged since 2019.
08 : Brave Girls - Chi Mat Ba Ram : This is so adorable and sweet but also very amateur and basic.
09 : Fulminacci - Canguro : I mean I'm biased here but this does still hit. Bopaso.
10 : Trisha Paytas - Showtime : You know what? Good for her. Very bad.
11 : AWA - 24/7 : This is really flat and I don't know how this won a week to be honest. Y'all were tripping.
12 : Dr. Peacock - Trip to Valhalla : I'm moving sm I'm shaking and trembling this is the moment.
13 : Majid Jordan - Waves of Blue : This is so smooth and sensual I would add it to my sex playlist immediately.
14 : RAYE - Love Of Your Life : She hasn't made a single good song in the past three years and this is no different. Dire.
15 : Lil Mariko ft. Full Tac - Shiny : Ugh.... A HIT!! I'm in love, this is too good.
16 : Odette - Herald : I'm swooning this is so angelic and picks up into an atmospheric euphoria.
17 : STAYC - So Bad : This is just aight. But like, good for them.
18 : Sandy Lam - Speechless Song : I'm feeling this song right from the very first chant. Not the pick I would have gone for ilovetosing but like... I can't complain when the material is THIS good.
19 : Kali Mutsa - HaYaKo HaYaKo : Yasss this anthemic piece still gets me riled up to this very day. What a solid tune.
20 : Omer Adam ft. Arisa - Tel Aviv : This is a bop but like I'm stuck in 2015 here when I shaked to this the most... Despite all the war crimes, as a CITY, I would love to visit Tel Aviv.
21 : ENHYPEN - Drunk-Dazed : Pissed I didn't send this but I'm happy that it was bibbles who did. What a good song like I'm moving sm!
22 : Spice, Sean Paul, Shaggy - Go Down Deh : This is just... no aside from Spice's parts.
23 : Ambar Lucid - Get Lost In The Music : This is very good but there's something here which makes it sound like background music in my head as opposed to the focus piece.
24 : Griff - Black Hole : I'm sorry but absolutely not.
25 : BeWhy - Gottasadae : I always move and shake to this piece.
26 : Victorious Cast ft. Elizabeth Gillies - You Don't Own Me : So good but I can't support it. LMFAO
27 : Kevin Abstract - Miserable America : Absolutely, THIS! So powerful and impactful.
792 days 21 hours ago
NicoleF
01) Everglow - TOOT - Usually not a fan kpop and definitely not when they rap, but this actually flowed well. Not out of this world, but a solid, good start to best-of.

02) sød ven - TOOT - This is so smooth and relaxing, while still kinda being hypnotic. I'm definitely drawn to it. It's so soothing!

03) Pace - BOOT - Meh...I just wasn't a fan of the voice. It's not one I'd listen to. Kind of annoying. Also it sounds like 483832 other different voices I've heard. Unoriginal and whiny-sounding honestly. I was bored.

04) Halo Kitsch - BOOT - Not bad, but extremely basic. I was hoping that it'd pop, but it stayed boring. It's best-of, so I'm gonna judge harsher obviously.

05) YOUHA - BOOT - Couldn't get behind the voice. Sounds too digitally edited and kinda sounds kidz bop-like. It had a fun beat and flow, so if the voice felt a bit more natural, it probably would've been a toot. Sad. It got better near the end, but not enough to escape the boot.

06) Ayla D'Lyla, Miss Madeline - TOOT - Still a bop, I was jamming, bopping, locking, etcetera. This is such a jam and instantly makes me feel like a bad bitch listening to it!

07) Alina Pash - TOOT - Lol!?!?!? This is so bizarre, but it somehow works? This is such a weird song, but I'm entranced by it! Shook!

08) Brave Girls - BOOT - There's a good reason why this song got 29th in it's original contest. Talk about basic and uninspired.

09) Fulminacci - TOOT - This was catchy, I really enjoyed it. It didn't, like, rock my world, but it had my head bopping the entire time. Good song.

10) Trisha Paytas - BOOT - Anyway...next.

11) AWA - TOOT - It was a tad basic, but, like....I'm a sucker for this type of music. It's so vibey and catchy, I was living! A bop!!!

12) Dr. Peacock - BOOT - There's a reason why this song didn't crack top 10. Honestly shouldn't have even cracked qualifying for the week. I'd take Trisha over this, holy fuck...

13) Majid Jordan - TOOT - This flowed so well omg. Like I actually really REALLY liked this. This sounds like it could definitely be on the radio and it's right up my alley so I really enjoyed this...............is what I would say if I just listened to the verses. The chorus is kinda bad, but it squeaks out a light toot.

14) RAYE - BOOT - I'm sick of this overrated hag. TSC keeps trying to make her a thing and she never will be a thing. The scary thing is I've heard her a little bit on the radio and I swear if the mainstream tries to make her a thing........ew.

15) Lil Mariko - SHOOT - This is camp! This is.....IMMACULATE! I'm on the ground convulsing from the power this song has, holy shit! This is a cultural reset, and no one's truly ready for this. I'm soooooooooooo into this!

16) Odette - BOOT - Example #78349 of missIMOGEN (queen btw) having an entry that sounds like they're trying to be edgy, but being edgy and trying to be edgy are two different things. I yawned.

17) STAYC - TOOT - Honestly...I bopped. I had another comment for this, but I just finished and was about to post my comments before I saw that Steven isn't submitting comments this week so...I'm devastated that this is gonna probably get disqualified cause this is, like, one of the better kpop songs I've ever heard in TSC. Devastating.

18) Sandy Lam - TOOT - Honestly, I'm here for some cantopop! This was ethereal and I was loving every second of it! A vibey bop!

19) Kali Mutsa - BOOT - Sorry Alexeh, but I felt nothing when listening to this. On a normal week, it'd be a noot, but since it's best of....boot. Too much happened, but nothing that impacted me.

20) Omer Adam - BOOT - This sounds like a parody of this genre. Not only does that mean this sounded bad, but it also sounded extremely basic.

21) ENHYPEN - BOOT - Kpop already rarely works for me, but if it does work, 9/10 times it's a female kpop star or female kpop group. I don't know...the men just almost always fail me. I was not liking this at all. I love you, though, bibbles! You're an icon!

22) Spice, Sean Paul, Shaggy - SHOOT - How did this perform so bad? This was so good! I felt like I was in the club! A smash! A bop! A great song honestly!

23) Amber Lucid - TOOT - This was a good song. I really have nothing else to say. It wasn't basic or anything bad, but I can't think of anything to say other than that this was good.

24) Griff - BOOT - I wasn't a fan of the lyrics at all. They felt so cheesy, especially in the chorus, and it took me out of the song.

25) BewhY - BOOT - I go inactive from TSC for almost the entire year and now I see so many kpop winners....
https://64.media.tumblr.com/4fb46b4208db0dc23e56a7f16ba1f485/9fda52f44504b837-13/s500x750/638366bbf0e145b4220a55399911175ffaf59367.gif
I guess I'll make sure to be super active this upcoming year. I'm gonna save TSC. Kpop artists shouldn't be banned from winning, like...some are good as you can see through my toots/boots, but this was so bad...I'm concerned for your guys' taste since y'all let this win.

26) Liz Gillies (cause fuck anyone calling this "Victorious Cast" when it's clearly only Liz Gillies.......the sexism) - SHOOT - Bye, this is the second best Victorious song ever, but also it's 387492874 times better than anything on the radio nowadays. This screams mid-late 2000s nostalgia and, if you know me, that's my sweet spot for music. I love this so much unironically, let alone also loving this ironically. Bop!

27) Kevin Abstract - BOOT - Wish this and Liz Gillies switched so this semi could've ended on a good note. Sad.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!