This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Patrick's TSC 2021 Ranking

Topic » Patrick's TSC 2021 Ranking

849 days 12 hours ago
Patrick319
"Love Of Your Life" by RAYE
• Entered by ianfitz0012 to TSC 427
• 6th place - 89 points (12 points given)

For the third year in a row RAYE has a spot in the top 20. In 2019 she placed 6th, and last year she reached 3rd place. She could have been even higher this year but I feel like my ranking this year is extremely top-heavy meaning it was almost impossible to rank my top 25 or so. I love them all equally. But YES, Love Of Your Life is a great song, and it's always a compelling listen for me. I never get bored of it. It feels like the *perfect* RAYE song. I don't listen to it as much as other songs I have ranked above it hence why she's only 14th, but for instance I think this outsold Natalie Don't (#3 last year) which kind of aged. Love Of Your Life will NEVER age.
849 days 12 hours ago
Patrick319
"The Other Black Dog" by Genesis Owusu
• Entered by Alexeh23 to TSC 437
• 7th place - 82 points (12 points given)

This song is one of my favourite discoveries from TSC 2021. I remember Steve telling me how he was going to 12 Jessie Ware that week before listening to all the songs and I'm just like, "no you're not". I was right. Everything about this is just PERFECTION. The production is so bouncy and fast-paced, and lyrically the song is a lot of fun and easy to latch onto. It's such a clean listen, and progresses extremely well throughout. It's easily one of the most MEMORABLE songs of the year.
849 days 12 hours ago
Patrick319
"Lovergirl" by Andrea Vallé
• Entered by PennyTrationStan to TSC 440
• 3rd place - 109 points (10 points given)

This song is pure SEX. I love how sensual it sounds. It's easily one of the best R&B submissions of the year for how experimental it is. I feel like it borrows from so many different styles and genres, and it executes them all successfully. Everything feels cohesive. The production is truly on point, and the instrumental is to die for ESPECIALLY the bridge. I'm always a sucker for a sax. The repetition in the chorus also does it a big favour because it keeps the song looping in your head. It's just a divine entry.
849 days 12 hours ago
Patrick319
"Sufi Woman" by Jidenna
• Entered by Fritzyyyyy to TSC 447
• 17th place - 26 points (12 points given)

I know y'all hate this song and I don't get it or respect it. I love that I gave this song almost half of its total points. I REALLY wanted to rank it higher but I just couldn't justify putting it any higher than any of the songs in my top 10 which are easily some of my most played songs of the year because at a certain point I stopped listening to Sufi Woman LOL. But obviously I still love it. The instrumental is so good, and I love his vocal. It sounds smooth, complex, and exactly what I want and look for from my male R&B singers. The chorus is easily one of the catchiest of the year for me which you wouldn't think, but I'm almost always humming it. I'm glad Steve and I have one bop that is EXCLUSIVELY our own.
849 days 12 hours ago
Patrick319
TSC 2021 TOP 50 RANKING UPDATE

50        Archie - Bad Bitch        turkeylover
49        Sofia Karlberg - Do It Again        ianfitz0012
48        PIERI - Kitican        ganghandedcat
47        Bastille - Distorted Light Beam        dragotistic
46        REYNA - Lonely Girl        turkeylover
45        Lil Mariko - Shiny        hellocat
44        Shay Lia - Irrational        Lemjam6
43        Riley Clemmons - Headspace        Darbe
42        Nemahsis - what if i took it off for you?        Talian
41        Mahmood - Kobra        Talian
40        Miiesha Made For Silence        Catch_a_falling_star
39        Samia Show Up        jacksonjoseph99
38        Kilo Kish American Gurl        varlto
37        VINCINT Kill My Heart        ianfitz0012
36        Charli XCX Good Ones        Alexeh23
35        Lewis Blissett Killing Butterflies        Talian
34        Myra Granberg Lose my mind        ryan5676
33        Ashnikko Slumber Party        Talian
32        Cassie Marin Everything You Could Want        MISSimogen
31        Enhypen Drunk-Dazed        bibbles
30        Tennis - Tender as a Tomb        Lachie227
29        NENDA - Mixed Feelings        varlto
28        ASTON - Killer Queen        Eoin
27        Culture Wars - Lose Money        turkeylover
26        boylife - superpretty        ganghandedcat
25        GFRIEND - MAGO        Darbe
24        Cecile Believe - Bitch Bites Dog        PennyTrationStan
23        COBRAH - GOOD PUSS        selisic
22        Amber Mark - Mixer        Lachie227
21        Lennon Stella - Fancy        uwukween
20        ASHWARYA - Biryani        Fritzyyyyy
19        Ambar Lucid - Get Lost In The Music        QueenMichelle
18        BLANCO - Ladro Di Fiori        varlto
17        FAANGS - Relapse        Natepresnell
16        Disclosure, slowthai - My High        PennyTrationStan
15        Apollo Love - 4:00 AM        rodrigueseve
14        RAYE - Love Of Your Life        ianfitz0012
13        Genesis Owusu - The Other Black Dog        Alexeh23
12        Andrea Valle - Lovergirl        PennyTrationStan
11        Jidenna - Sufi Woman        Fritzyyyyy

People with entries remaining: Darbe, Fritzyyyyy, ganghandedcat, hellomynameis347, J2999, MISSimogen, PennyTrationStan, QueenMichelle
849 days 11 hours ago
ianfitz0012
milk
849 days 11 hours ago
MISSimogen
gorgeous list actually all things considered and when darker place tops it <3 WOW.... a moment i think
848 days 14 hours ago
Patrick319
"Nightmare" by Grace Gaustad
• Entered by J2999 to TSC 445
• 14th place - 58 points (7 points given)

Y'all are going to drag me for this but I LOOOOOOOOOVE this bop. It's SO addicting, and I think I've replayed it about a million times since its TSC. It definitely became one of my most played songs since the summer. It's the PERFECT pop song everything about it just WORKS. It aged like such fine wine and it continues to age gracefully. I'm allowed an occasional basic bop and this one just hits the spot.
848 days 14 hours ago
Patrick319
"Pók" by Carson Coma
• Entered by ganghandedcat to TSC 440
• 4th place - 108 points (8 points given)

I present to you the unofficial winner of now defunct Eurovision Song Contest Tengaged 41. The Hungarian music scene is generally underrated. I find myself ALWAYS liking Hungarian music, but in addition to this being one of the best Hungarian songs I've heard it's also one of the best songs of the year. In order for me to like a rock song it needs to be incredibly melodic, and this has a fantastic melody throughout. I also love the intensity to it. I never get bored of listening to this one. Knowing that the group is also LGBTQ friendly gives the lyrics a whole new meaning, and makes this song hit differently.
848 days 12 hours ago
Patrick319
"Chaeri" by Magdalena Bay
• Entered by ganghandedcat to TSC 447
• 2nd place - 129 points (5 points given)

I remember my mind being blown the first time I heard this, yet I only gave it 5 points? Strange behaviour. I pointed Loren Gray and Joy Crookes higher that week which was a BIG MISS STEAK in hindsight. I didn't get back into Chaeri until about a month or two after it was initially entered over the summer but it's been on repeat ever since, cracking my top 20 or so most listened to songs of the year. The build throughout Chaeri is absolutely phenomenal. It keeps me on my toes every second. The final minute of the song is perhaps one of the greatest things I've heard in my entire life. It's just an outstanding song that deserved to WIN. I apologize for being responsible for its loss.
848 days 12 hours ago
Patrick319
"Cure For Me" by AURORA
• Entered by hellomynameis347 to TSC 454
• 7th place - 78 points (12 points given)

TW: AURORA - Cure For Me
If there's anything 2021 made me realize it's the fact that I'm clearly into quirky, Tik-Tok sounding songs. Cure For Me is very much in the same vein as Discoteque for me. It's just a really fun listen that I rarely get bored of. AURORA has always been an artist that I like and while this is probably her most mainstream and least artistically refined song to date I still love it. It makes me want to do a quirky jig like in the video. It's CAMP. I love everything about it.
848 days 12 hours ago
Patrick319
"GOTTASADAE" by BewhY
• Entered by ganghandedcat to TSC 433
• 1st place - 143 points (12 points given)

This was such a clear winner that week I hosted, and I couldn't be happier. I just can't believe I had never heard this song until this year. I NEEDED this song in my life I'm sure my life would have been better and felt more fulfilled had I heard it sooner. This is perhaps one of the best executed hip-hop songs I've ever heard. I can't imagine a song being any more addicting. My only criticism is that the song is too short. Every time I listen to it I need to play it two times over. I needed it to be LONGER so I could appreciate the excellence for more than 2 minutes 13 seconds.
845 days 10 hours ago
Patrick319
"Canguro" by Fulminacci
• Entered by Darbe to TSC 428
• 2nd place - 114 points (10 points given)

SHOCKED!? I am too. Initially I thought Canguro would be in my top three but the reality of the matter was there were two other songs I simply listened to more often than Canguro so I moved them above Canguro in my ranking. But anyway, I obviously love this. I think it's the best original Italian song I've heard this year not including Zitti e buoni. It sounds like an iPhone advert but I think that's part of what drew me to the song. There's a familiarity to this that I've loved from the first time I heard it. The chorus is incredibly infectious, and I love how the bridge changes things up toward the end. It's just all-around such a strong track. Also fun fact: Fulminacci is the last white artist to appear in my ranking.
845 days 10 hours ago
Patrick319
"I'M DEAD" by Duckwrth (ft. Sabrina Claudio)
• Entered by QueenMichelle to TSC 448
• 4th place - 96 points (8 points given)

I'm such a bad Duckwrth fan considering I had never heard this song until it was submitted to TSC. I mean, this song has been LIFE-CHANGING for me. This man simply does not make bad music and this is easily one of his most catchiest and memorable songs I've heard, not only from his discography, but also all TSC year despite it having contended with a very similar song stylistically in its contest (which you'll heard more about later!). Had it not been for the involvement of the KKK (Sabrina Claudio) this might have topped my ranking, but it was almost impossible to rank my top four songs to begin with. This very well could be my winner. According to my Spotify streams, it might as well be!
841 days 6 hours ago
Patrick319
"GOGO WYNE" by LATASHÁ
• Entered by Fritzyyyyy to TSC 448
• 1st place - 118 points (10 points given)

Back to back TSC 448 entries on the list. And neither ended up getting my 12.. tragic. But yeah, I absolutely adore this and it easily became one of my most played songs of the year. If I recall correctly I believe Eoin referred to this as "clown music". Well, if THIS is what we classify as "clown music", then I fucking love clown music. It's the best clown music I've heard in my entire life. I don't think a song can get ANY more addicting than this. It's the definition of the word bop. I also love that it doesn't take itself too seriously. It's just all-around a very fun listen with one of the strongest hooks of the year.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!