This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Patrick's TSC 2021 Ranking

Topic » Patrick's TSC 2021 Ranking

854 days 20 hours ago
Patrick319
"Killer Queen" by ASTON
• Entered by Eoin to TSC 432
• 5th place - 87 points (10 points given)

I love myself a basic white girl with a cheap bop serving cunt. She is the blueprint. This might be one of the best basic white girl pop songs I've heard in my life. The way this SHOOK me to my CORE when I first heard it... pop perfection. It was unsurprisingly one of my most played songs of the year along with the likes of El Diablo, etc. I know, shameful. But bop.
854 days 3 hours ago
Patrick319
"Lose Money" by Culture Wars
• Entered by turkeylover to TSC 459
• 8th place - 84 points (12 points given)

This is one of the most ME submissions of the year. For a moment I even thought I had sent it. I also believe it was criminally underrated that week. 8th place? If this was by Majid Jordan it would have won. Oh wait, nevermind, because Majid Jordan didn't even place TOP TEN. I think TSC needs to appreciate smooth male synth pop that isn't The Weeknd. Had this been sent earlier in the year I reckon it would have been ranked even higher but nonetheless it's a very enjoyable song that I'll obviously always be into.
854 days 3 hours ago
Patrick319
"superpetty" by boylife
• Entered by ganghandedcat to TSC 462
• 15th place - 47 points (7 points given)

Wow what a grower. It deserved more than 7 points because it's the highest ranked TSC 462 song in my ranking. This kind of killed Kevin Abstract in my ranking (sorry). I've been listening to this bop so much recently and it gets better with each listen. It's already a genre I'm predisposed to liking but this feels like a particularly good execution. It's super dynamic, and it keeps me engaged throughout every second. I considered ranking it even higher but I think there are other songs that had a bigger ~impact~ on me in the year, but this song was in heavy consideration for a spot in the top 20 nonetheless!
854 days 3 hours ago
Patrick319
"MAGO" by GFRIEND
• Entered by Darbe to TSC 434
• 3rd place - 125 points (12 points given)

SHOCKING ELIMINATION? The Hitler enthusiast bites the dust. The reason this song is ranked so low is because I don't really listen to it anymore. It was ALL the rage late 2020/early 2021 though. I wanted to send this and I remember thinking how much of a slay that would have been, but I ended up gracefully giving it to Darbe after we tied for it in a clickrace twice. I ended up outplacing him anyway with Solita by Kali Uchis (ie. the true winner). But yeah, this is one of my favourite Kpop releases possibly ever even if its replay value has kind of faded over time. It's funny that GFRIEND disbanded AND that Mago didn't even win TSC despite all the hype but it'll always be a bop to me nonetheless.
853 days 22 hours ago
Patrick319
"Bitch Bites Dog" by Cecile Believe
• Entered by PennyTrationStan to TSC 449
• 7th place - 74 points (10 points given)

This had me at the first dog bark. It's easily one of my favourite hyperpop songs of the year. It stood out to me as something I was really into from the first moment I heard it. It wasn't even a grower I was just instantly AMAZED by it. The production is truly excellent. This isn't music it's a piece of art. It's getting so hard to rank these songs now since we're getting into some of the songs I've listened to most this year. I didn't expect Bitch Bites Dog to have strong replay value but I still enjoy it today as much as I did when I first heard it.
853 days 22 hours ago
Patrick319
"Good Puss" by COBRAH
• Entered by selisic to TSC 464
• 5th place - 86 points (12 points given)

TW: Good Puss by COBRAH

I had to include the trigger warning for my good friend Alexeh. Had this been sent months ago I reckon it would have won or at least challenged for the win. I think by the time it got sent most people were over it but I was just getting started. I've replayed this SO MUCH since it was entered a few weeks ago which is surprising because I think the song starts to drag *slightly* halfway but that's easily worth sitting through for the final 30 seconds alone. The final 30 seconds are legitimately the best 30 seconds of the TSC year I believe. I didn't want to rank this any higher due to recency bias but I'm sure I'll keep playing it over and over again.
853 days 22 hours ago
Patrick319
"Mixer" by Amber Mark
• Entered by Lachie227 to TSC 436
• 1st place - 136 points (10 points given)

This is easily one of the best winners of the year. And it absolutely aged better than Foreign Things which is already milk. It's funny because Mixer has been out for SO LONG yet it was never sent until this year. That free win was sitting there for no reason for anyone to scoop up. But yeah, this is such a smooth listen. It's absolute perfection and easily one of the best executions of the genre that was sent this year.
853 days 22 hours ago
Patrick319
"Fancy" by Lennon Stella
• Entered by uwukween to TSC 461
• 14th place - 55 points (10 points given)

HOW DID THIS GET 14TH!?!? I'm inclined to call one of the best TSC songs of the year but that might be the recency bias speaking since this is still a relatively fresh listen compared to most of the other songs I'm ranking. I don't even care for Lennon Stella but this is legitimately hypnotizing. The horns make me MELT on the spot, and the chorus is so catchy. The bridge is amazing and contributes to a proper, climactic ending to the masterpiece that preceded it. Every second feels like magic. It's truly a MASTERPIECE. I probably could have ranked it higher because I can't see this aging poorly but there are other songs that had slightly more impact on me throughout the year.
853 days 22 hours ago
Patrick319
TSC 2021 TOP 50 RANKING UPDATE

50        Archie - Bad Bitch        turkeylover
49        Sofia Karlberg - Do It Again        ianfitz0012
48        PIERI - Kitican        ganghandedcat
47        Bastille - Distorted Light Beam        dragotistic
46        REYNA - Lonely Girl        turkeylover
45        Lil Mariko - Shiny        hellocat
44        Shay Lia - Irrational        Lemjam6
43        Riley Clemmons - Headspace        Darbe
42        Nemahsis - what if i took it off for you?        Talian
41        Mahmood - Kobra        Talian
40        Miiesha Made For Silence        Catch_a_falling_star
39        Samia Show Up        jacksonjoseph99
38        Kilo Kish American Gurl        varlto
37        VINCINT Kill My Heart        ianfitz0012
36        Charli XCX Good Ones        Alexeh23
35        Lewis Blissett Killing Butterflies        Talian
34        Myra Granberg Lose my mind        ryan5676
33        Ashnikko Slumber Party        Talian
32        Cassie Marin Everything You Could Want        MISSimogen
31        Enhypen Drunk-Dazed        bibbles
30        Tennis - Tender as a Tomb        Lachie227
29        NENDA - Mixed Feelings        varlto
28        ASTON - Killer Queen        Eoin
27        Culture Wars - Lose Money        turkeylover
26        boylife - superpretty        ganghandedcat
25        GFRIEND - MAGO        Darbe
24        Cecile Believe - Bitch Bites Dog        PennyTrationStan
23        COBRAH - GOOD PUSS        selisic
22        Amber Mark - Mixer        Lachie227
21        Lennon Stella - Fancy        uwukween

People with entries remaining: Alexeh23, Darbe, Fritzyyyyy, ganghandedcat, hellomynameis347, ianfitz0012, J2999, MISSimogen, Natepresnell, PennyTrationStan, QueenMichelle, rodrigueseve, varlto
852 days 19 hours ago
Patrick319
"BIRYANI" by ASHWARYA
• Entered by Fritzyyyyy to TSC 445
• 3rd place - 111 points (10 points given)

This song has aged like such wine. I recall hearing it a couple weeks before its contest via a Spotify playlist but I totally forgot about it until it got sent to TSC. This songs replay value is surprisingly high for me. It ended up becoming one of my most played songs of the summer. You wouldn't think it's the kind of song I'd always be in the mood for but I almost always AM in the mood for it. It's such a pensive, mysterious listen. It has a great atmosphere and vibe that I'm thoroughly into.
852 days 18 hours ago
Patrick319
"Get Lost In The Music" by Ambar Lucid
• Entered by QueenMichelle to TSC 444
• 1st place - 130 points (12 points given)

For the second year in a row Ambar Lucid cracks my top 20! This is among the best winners of the year (in fact it's my fourth favourite winner of the year). This is just the definition of the word CLASS. It's such a classy listen. Every facet of this song is amazing from the production to the atmospheric bridge to the brilliant instrumentation that runs throughout the song. It's such a well-crafted song, and an extremely enjoyable listen.
852 days 18 hours ago
Patrick319
"Ladro Di Fiori" by BLANCO
• Entered by varlto to TSC 427
• 1st place - 122 points (7 points given)

Another winner bites the dust. I feel like this was kind of a controversial winner, but it's very much the type of song that you could see successfully making the rounds throughout all the online music contests. Perhaps it's not the most TSC-friendly song in the world, but I mean it still won. I LOVE Italian music and this song perfectly encapsulates one sliver of the Italian pop scene that I'm very much into. This type of edgy pop that borders on hip-hop is always something I'll gravitate toward, and among all the Italian pop/hip-hop songs to be entered to TSC this year, Ladro Di Fiori has stood the test of time the most successfully. She is the final girl standing. Everything about this screams POWER, and it's such a great listen with an intensity that hardly wanes over time. When Blanco and Mahmood win Sanremo this year it's OVER for everyone.
852 days 4 hours ago
Patrick319
"Relapse" by FAANGS
• Entered by Natepresnell to TSC 440
• 8th place - 66 points (4 points given)

A sleeper hit. I severely underrated it at the time, but this became one of my most played songs of the year. It's simply such a well-produced, catchy pop song. It's the exact brand of edgy pop that I live for. I'm a little surprised it placed as low as it did because it has TSC bait written all over it. Nonetheless, it's an underrated song that I just had to show some love for.
852 days 4 hours ago
Patrick319
"My High" by Disclosure, Aminé, slowthai
• Entered by PennyTrationStan to TSC 444
• 8th place - 74 points (10 points given)

I love myself a good Disclosure bop even if I rarely listen to them. In fact Disclosure is my favourite DJ! I love those kings. I also love Aminé and slowthai in fact they SAVED MY LIFE for collaborating with Hope Tala and Shygirl and saving their careers. We love kings of generosity. My High has everything that I look for in a song. This kind of rave-y garage sound can be so good when executed well and this is exactly that. Everything about it feels correct. It's a chaotic yet incredible listen. It's comparable to superpretty by boylife but I've had more time to listen to My High and grow attached to it hence why it's ranked higher. Both are great songs nonetheless!
849 days 2 hours ago
Patrick319
"4AM" by Apollo Love
• Entered by rodrigueseve to TSC 429
• 9th place - 94 points (12 points given)

I knew I was going to like this from almost the first second that I heard it. Everything about it is exactly up my alley. The electronic production is seriously to die for. It honestly deserved SO much better. I feel like it was slept on and is STILL being slept on, and it makes no sense to me. It's truly the perfect pop song.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!