This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Patrick's TSC 2021 Ranking

Topic » Patrick's TSC 2021 Ranking

857 days 18 hours ago
Patrick319
"Kobra" by Mahmood
• Entered by Talian to TSC 444
• 12th place - 57 points (6 points given)

Back to back Talian entries. I couldn't NOT include Mahmood on this list even though this isn't one of my favourite songs of his. Despite that, it still very clearly sounds like a Mahmood song. His productions are indistinguishable. TSC 444 was a very top-heavy contest which is why this only got 6 points from me, and because it wasn't reinventing the wheel or anything in terms of what I would expect from a Mahmood song. It's very much what I expect to hear from him. But clearly that's not a bad thing as I almost always like what Mahmood serves. I especially like the quirkiness of this, and I don't think it comes at the expense of a good melody. All-in-all an enjoyable song to me.
857 days 18 hours ago
Patrick319
TSC 2021 TOP 50 RANKING UPDATE

50        Archie - Bad Bitch        turkeylover
49        Sofia Karlberg - Do It Again        ianfitz0012
48        PIERI - Kitican        ganghandedcat
47        Bastille - Distorted Light Beam        dragotistic
46        REYNA - Lonely Girl        turkeylover
45        Lil Mariko - Shiny        hellocat
44        Shay Lia - Irrational        Lemjam6
43        Riley Clemmons - Headspace        Darbe
42        Nemahsis - what if i took it off for you?        Talian
41        Mahmood - Kobra        Talian

People with entries remaining: Alexeh23, bibbles, Catch_a_falling_star, Darbe, Eoin, Fritzyyyyy, ganghandedcat, hellomynameis347, ianfitz0012, jacksonjoseph99, J2999, Lachie227, MISSimogen, Natepresnell, PennyTrationStan, QueenMichelle, rodrigueseve, ryan5676, selisic, Talian, turkeylover, uwukween, varlto
857 days 15 hours ago
Patrick319
"Made For Silence" by Miiesha
• Entered by Catch_a_falling_star to TSC 450
• 1st place - 180 points (12 points given)

It's not surprising that this song was one of the biggest winners of the year. It stood out by a mile as the most universally TSC-friendly song in that weeks contest, but also quite possibly all year? This song BLEEDS TSC. It was such an incredible find by an unknown, Indigenous artist which is also so cool. If anything, you can always count on Pete to discover some real interesting artists. I thought I did something clever by sending BAYNK's song with Tinashe that week which was very similar stylistically, but Miiesha completely blew Tinashe out of the water. Made For Silence has grown off me slightly and I don't feel inclined to listen to it as much nowadays, but I had to acknowledge how much of a quality song this was that deserved a place in my top 50 because it DEVOURED my life for a while this past summer.
857 days 15 hours ago
Patrick319
"Show Up" by Samia
• Entered by jacksonjoseph99 to TSC 448
• 10th place - 73 points (12 points given)

Samia was an artist whose music I never really cared about UNTIL I heard this. This completely blew me out of the water. I might have been a bit shortsighted to give it 12 points because other songs have had more longevity from that week (which we'll get to later), BUT I don't think you can blame me for giving this my 12. This is so stunning in every way imaginable. The melody is beautifully touching, and it completely captivates me. Songs rarely make me emotional but this comes very close to making me cry. I also love how much the music video resembles a live performance. Granted, it's not a song I listen to as often anymore but it would have felt wrong to not include in my top 50.
857 days 15 hours ago
Patrick319
"American Gurl" by Kilo Kish
• Entered by varlto to TSC 449
• 3rd place - 106 points (6 points given)

Kilo Kish is an artist whose music I generally enjoy, but this is easily her best song to date. It stands out so much while also feeling like an accurate reflection of her music. American Gurl is so unique that it's so hard to define. It's such an energetic listen that I rarely get bored of. I'm so happy this placed 3rd because I feared it would be too divisive to score well, but it totally deserved everything that it got if not more.
856 days 18 hours ago
Patrick319
"Kill My Heart" by VINCINT (ft. Parson James & Qveen Herby)
• Entered by ianfitz0012 to TSC 444
• 21st place - 38 points (8 points given)

I know literally NOBODY cares about this song or even remembers it but it's always been my little bop. Vincint, Parson and Qveen Herby are MY THREE. I love all of their parts individually ESPECIALLY Qveen Herby's whose rap I believe I described as life-altering. But their voices also blend surprisingly well over the electronic production to help create a fun, energetic dance song. It is a bit basic so I can't justify ranking it any higher but for being one of my most played songs I had to include it in the 50!
856 days 18 hours ago
Patrick319
"Good Ones" by Charli XCX
• Entered by Alexeh23 to TSC 459
• 5th place - 99 points (10 points given)

This is probably one of my favourite Charli XCX songs. The electronic production is stellar, and the song is short enough in length to binge over and over without getting bored. And that's exactly what I do with this. It probably has one of the highest replay values of the year. It's just a great little pop song specifically crafted for the gays.
856 days 18 hours ago
Patrick319
"Killing Butterflies" by Lewis Blissett
• Entered by Talian to TSC 427
• 7th place - 86 points (10 points given)

This 13 year old made several points. I remember being so gagged by this the first time I heard it. I'm sure it sounds super off-putting to some, but I personally love the production. The chorus is surprisingly catchy too. The bridge serves as a nice build into the final chorus. The whole package just works for me. Its replay value may not be as high as others, but it's a song I was caught off guard by that I really enjoy and those are usually the most memorable submissions.
856 days 18 hours ago
Patrick319
"Lose my mind" by Myra Granberg
• Entered by ryan5676 to TSC 445
• 10th place - 70 points (12 points given)

I love a good Scandinavian pop moment and this song perfectly fits the bill for me. Move over Molly Sanden we have a NEW Scandi queen in town. This is another song that slightly caught me off guard the first time I heard it. Firstly, I wasn't expecting it to be in Swedish. The English-language song title was deceiving. Secondly, I wasn't expecting the chorus to be as catchy as it was. In fact this feels exactly like something I'd hear at Melodifestivalen. I could just SEE it. When is she making her MF debut!? This combines the best from Swedish pop artists like Molly Sanden, Miriam Bryant and others to produce a truly eclectic pop song in my opinion. I get people who are cynical about the genre, but I genuinely feel like this is a strong execution. It was certainly one of my most played of the summer.
855 days 18 hours ago
Patrick319
"Slumber Party" by Ashnikko (ft. Princess Nokia)
• Entered by Talian to TSC 440
• 19th place - 46 points (7 points given)

If you hate this I suggest you stop being a prude. This is seriously so good. I love EVERYTHING about it. The lyrics are extremely memorable, and the melody is really good. Princess Nokia's verse is a top one verse of the year in music. This is Talian's final entry in my top 50 and well he really peaked with this one.
855 days 18 hours ago
Patrick319
"Everything You Could Want" by Cassie Marin
• Entered by MISSimogen to TSC 446
• 14th place - 42 points (12 points given)

I feel like this song is a hidden gem of the TSC year. I'm guessing its contest has been overshadowed by other flashier contests considering that all songs only had under 25,000 views that week. But even then this ONLY placing 14th feels wrong. This took me about two listens to really appreciate but when it clicked it CLICKED. I love the dreamy production throughout. It sounds meditative while still having an easily discernible, and strong melody. In fact this song has perfect ethereal playlist vibes. I wouldn't suspect this to be something I really like but I've just never gotten bored listening to it.
855 days 18 hours ago
Patrick319
"Drunk-Dazed" by Enhypen
• Entered by bibbles to TSC 440
• 1st place - 154 points (12 points given)

It's not a surprise that this won by such a landslide because it's such TSC bait. I think TSC needed a little throwback moment like this. It harps back to the abundance of electronic productions in the early 2010's. That's a genre I very much enjoyed and while I rarely listen to it anymore this song really took me back. It's such an enjoyable listen and I know for a fact that 6-7 years ago I would have been EATING IT UP and probably ranking it 1st. There's only so many consecutive times I can listen to this without getting bored but it's a genre I have a soft spot for, and frankly it's a great execution of such genre.
855 days 18 hours ago
Patrick319
TSC 2021 TOP 50 RANKING UPDATE

50        Archie - Bad Bitch        turkeylover
49        Sofia Karlberg - Do It Again        ianfitz0012
48        PIERI - Kitican        ganghandedcat
47        Bastille - Distorted Light Beam        dragotistic
46        REYNA - Lonely Girl        turkeylover
45        Lil Mariko - Shiny        hellocat
44        Shay Lia - Irrational        Lemjam6
43        Riley Clemmons - Headspace        Darbe
42        Nemahsis - what if i took it off for you?        Talian
41        Mahmood - Kobra        Talian
40        Miiesha - Made For Silence        Catch_a_falling_star
39        Samia - Show Up        jacksonjoseph99
38        Kilo Kish - American Gurl        varlto
37        VINCINT - Kill My Heart        ianfitz0012
36        Charli XCX - Good Ones        Alexeh23
35        Lewis Blissett - Killing Butterflies        Talian
34        Myra Granberg - Lose my mind        ryan5676
33        Ashnikko - Slumber Party        Talian
32        Cassie Marin - Everything You Could Want        MISSimogen
31        Enhypen - Drunk-Dazed        bibbles

People with entries remaining: Alexeh23, Darbe, Eoin, Fritzyyyyy, ganghandedcat, hellomynameis347, ianfitz0012, J2999, Lachie227, MISSimogen, Natepresnell, PennyTrationStan, QueenMichelle, rodrigueseve, selisic, turkeylover, uwukween, varlto
855 days 10 hours ago
Patrick319
"Tender as a Tomb" by Tennis
• Entered by Lachie227 to TSC 434
• 13th place - 63 points (10 points given)

UNDERRATED BOP ALERT. This song is seriously so good, and underappreciated. It's very short and sweet with a simple melodic structure, but it works so well. It's surprisingly catchy, and just in general a meditative listen. If you want my 12 points in 2022 send Tennis. They have lots of good music that I was introduced to from this entry. Had it not been for M*go by the awful Hitler enthusiasts this would have easily gotten my 12 that week, but I didn't want to make Darbe cry.
855 days 9 hours ago
Patrick319
"Mixed Feelings" by NENDA
• Entered by varlto to TSC 445
• 6th place - 104 points (8 points given)

I love myself a (not British) woman who raps. I recall Steve thinking that this was my song and to be fair it does sound like something I'd have sent around that time. It's basically the ENNY song I sent with a worse production. The production on this DOES sound pretty cheap, but it's still an enjoyable listen with clever lyricism and a fun accent to top it off. I didn't think this song would age well for me but it became one of my most played songs of the year. It got less points than Myra Granberg that week but it's aged better (along with other songs), which is why we've yet to see the end of TSC 445 on this list!

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!