This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 455 Final

Topic » TSC 455 Final

962 days 20 hours ago
QueenMichelle
All 29 songs have been posted!

You have until 2:30 PM EST/7:30 PM BST on Sunday, September 19th to comment and vote for your favourite songs.

Good luck!
962 days 18 hours ago
Alexeh23
doing the mute/unmute thing in the absence of our beloved queenmichelle's comments

01) Stefflon Don & Ms Banks - šŸ”Š - I was moving sm at this bop what an opener. The kinda thing I could see winning actually LMAO and it would be thoroughly deserved I'm glad Stefflon Don is getting her much awaited time in the spotlight mommy.
02) The Chainsmokers - šŸ”‡ - I actually didn't hate this at the start which is pretty high praise for a Chainsmokers song but the drop came and bleh. Same old Chainsmokers same old SHIT!
03) Yebba - šŸ”‡ - I lurvvvv her voice. That was until she started wailing in the chorus or making bird calls or whatever instead of giving us an actual chorus. This is a sound that feels a bit dated and overdone at the best of times and this didn't give anything.
04) RUANN - šŸ”‡ - Hmmm I really wanted to like this because I do generally like this kinda feelgood cutesy Kpop when it's not too sugary and this gets that balance quite well but the chorus really doesn't do it for me. Mutes and cries.
05) Raissa - šŸ”Š - Yuppp yup yup yup I'm ascending. Gawjuss Spanish language music that mixes gawjuss and slapping how can I not stan this like... naur what are you expecting from me I'm weak. Detonates the yass grenade so hard the last part I'm ASCENDINGGGGGG YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
06) I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME - šŸ”‡ - Hesitant mute because this was quite cute but didn't really feel like something I could ever come back to or would ever choose to listen to ever again. It's a bit disjointed and a bit clunky but it's not awful.
07) Mahalia - šŸ”Š - Something about the audio quality of this was a little bit offputting but I liked this! Really solid 00s vibe kinda song, the chorus is strong, it's just super solid overall. Fun bop good tea I loved the Eartheater production in the second postchorus I love innovation.
08) PURPLE KISS - šŸ”Š - This was a bit cute! It brought absolutely nothing to the table but it kinda brought it flawlessly actually. Not a massive fan of the "zombiebebebebe" part but the rest of it was pretty solid as a whole I didn't mind this at all.
09) beabadoobee - šŸ”Š - YES GOD people are so gonna write this off for whatever annoying reason but god this is really good very good fabulous actually. Just a bit gorgeous really I adore it gorgeous vocals gorgeous instrumentation love love lurvvvv!!
10) Jose De Rico & Henry Mendez - šŸ”‡ - Wb Natepresnell. <3 This was horrid it's so good to have you back we've missed you. <3
11) AMARA ctk100 - šŸ”Š - Turns up the sound so hard!!! Joins Celebs in the Alexeh23 suggestion ESCT NF girlies who were done so dirty she was done so dirty but this goes so hard. Bawppppppp whoever sent this is so evil but so good at the same time.
12) Kacey Musgraves - šŸ”Š - That first verse was pretty ugly but I did like this as a whole! The chorus is really pretty and then the synths. <3 Not stinky at all actually. Irrelevant "comedic" interlude yas. <3 Yeah I did enjoy this in spite of... everything.
13) IU - šŸ”Š - Oh this is definitely the best Kpop song of the week so far... and actually one of the best in recent TSCs? Gets the balance of sugary just right with some gawjuss well executed (!!!!!!!!!) synthy disco influences. Really strong chorus, I really like everything about this. Kinda incredible actually!!
14) AUDREY NUNA - šŸ”Š - Hmm! I was on a mute for this at first but I think the man won me over? The second half was better than the first for sure... it's cool.
15) Sasha Keable, Jorja Smith - šŸ”Š - Jorja deserves all the success in the world but I wish her album charted at number 6 or something so we could have the entire thing in TSC. This was really nice! It's defo not Jorja's best far from it actually but it was very pretty and I feel like if I was in the right mood I'd be completely obsessed. Gorgeous vocals gorgeous vibe etc. gorgeous.
16) Hashiyasume Atsuko - šŸ”Š - LMAOO this wasn't as good as I'd hoped it'd be at the start but I still enjoyed it a lot it was so much chaotic fun. <3 She kinda has got the best music she's so right. Peg the patriarchy mom!!!
17) Riley Clemmons - šŸ”Š - I was expecting this white woman to be evil but this was actually quite good? Like I'm not GAGGING but it's a very solid all around white woman pop song it would be upper tier on scandipop.co.uk Hanne Mjoen wants what she has etc. Yes god and I mean god!
18) Domanique Grant - šŸ”‡ - Ok I didn't dislike this by any stretch but I've gotta start being realistic this is not getting my pts. This was kinda fun and kiiinda good but it felt a bit lacking especially after the last few songs have ALL been giving exactly what they need to give, this just fell a little flat for me. #InstagramQueen
19) š‘²š‘°š‘¹š‘Ø - šŸ”Š - Wanna Go Back is still a classic on my playlist so I had high hopes for this. It's cute, the verses are a liddle bit nothingy but I do enjoy the chorus. She sounds great obviously and it's very pretty. Yeah this doesn't deserve a mute it's good!
20) Tessa Violet & lovelytheband - šŸ”‡ - Thank god this was bad I was starting to panic thinking of all the songs I won't be able to vote for. <3 A fun visual experience but not a pleasant audio one for me personally but the Imagine Dragons girls will eat this one up I guess and good for them!
21) Wolf Alice - šŸ”Š - And a return to form thank you god. Not everything on the album is good but this one is for sure, so pretty with gorgeous build and lovely instrumentation, it's not gonna be one of my faves this particular week but super solid and strong I have no complaints.
22) Three Days Grace - šŸ”‡ - I cannae entertain this one on a week like this. I respect it but it's not for me sorry Bibbles! Maybe on a Guitar Rockband for the Wii soundtrack but not in this peg-the-patriarchy society.
23) Purple Disco Machine - šŸ”‡ - I'm at the point in this week where I can't really entertain songs that aren't going to be making it into my top 10 and like while this is quite cute and definitely better than Hypnotized I'm just not GAGGING for it. It's a solid decent enough disco bop but it's not doing much more than the bare minimum so like meh. Issawright.
24) Ylva - šŸ”Š - I wasn't really expecting to care for this but it was good actually! Really cool and smooth, definitely would've benefitted from a visual that did it justice but I am an advocate for no MV rights and will assume that the player asked Ylva for a music video at least 8 times in the last 2 days so I can't blame you for the lack of visuals you get it. Bop! I like this.
25) Twinnie - šŸ”‡ - LMAO this kinda sent me. Country pop queen it was fun but not very GOOD if that makes sense. Idk it's one for the conservative Kacey Musgraves my kids can't hear me because they're listening to Kidz Bop writhing on the floor SHE'S RECORDING ME girlies and I'm not those girlies.
26) Bantug - šŸ”Š - Unofficial Official Video... she's so woke for that. She's actually so woke for this entire audiovisual experience because this was SO GOOD!!!!! Her synths are so not stinky take notes girlies this is how it's done!!! So gorgeous actually wow she's giving eaowwww <3
27) SoYou, JunggiGo - šŸ”Š - This is so cute and bouncy I actually really like this I wasn't expecting to but it's just so feelgood and happy. I really like his voice and it goes with the softness of hers really well. Saur pretty! Made me smile :)
28) Daria Zawiałow - šŸ”‡ - This was aight! There's a moderate stink coming from her synthy puss but it's definitely not as stinky as other synthy pusses I've smelled. The production feels a lil bit off with this one like her vocal is quiet and the drums are a bit too loud but the chorus picks it up a little. It's aight!
29) SKYLE - šŸ”‡ - This Kpop sound is SO outdated now like even the ~good~ executions have aged like milk so imagine making music like this in 2021. Like whatever it slaps a bit but I'm just more annoyed by this than living for it anymore. I hope the YouTube girlies eat this one up and stream it sm pay for their meals or whatever but I won't be contributing to all THAT.
962 days 15 hours ago
RedFabFoxy
01) Stefflon Don & Ms Banks - "Dip" : Oh wow... bops. Perfect opener.
02) The Chainsmokers - "Beach House" : I will... refrain from commenting :)
03) Yebba - "Boomerang" : Wow she doesn't make only slow boring music?! Queen, I'm PLEASANTLY surprised!
04) RUANN - "Beep Beep" : Aw we rlly going for a good-bad-good-bad pattern here.
05) Raissa - "POLICƍA" : Yep we continued the pattern, she SNAPPED! Bops n kinda twerks, then went for kinda gorg slow.
06) I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME - "Choke" : Actually not a 0 LOL, kinda gives me oldschool Katy Perry vibes. Very VERY edgy though.
07) Mahalia - "Whenever You're Ready" : I actually got to find this one a month or so ago, expected to see her entered. Cute bop, kinda 2000s!
08) PURPLE KISS - "Zombie" : You know what... They pass, the chorus is good.
09) beabadoobee - "Animal Noises" : Thought I'd hate this but honestly, not bad at all? Grower.
10) Jose De Rico & Henry Mendez - "Noche De Estrellas" : I didn't laugh... or move.
11) AMARA ctk100 - "You Don't Wanna" : Kinda no... But kinda don't know?
12) Kacey Musgraves - "simple times" : Kacey!!! I really liked this, both song and video, DEFF checking her album out.
13) IU - "LILAC" : Ah, the excellence of solo k-pop. Nice video too!
14) AUDREY NUNA - "Top Again" ft. Saba : Another one I saw/discovered on youtube! Actually really good, maybe shoulda sent this myself.
15) Sasha Keable, Jorja Smith - "Killing Me" : I've heard this one too, a really pleasant one methinks.
16) Hashiyasume Atsuko - "A La Mode" : I CANNOT stop laughing, from the video, to the "We can't stop music, I got the best music"... An avex girlie too? Yeah, I got my life, I did. Fucking queen.
17) Riley Clemmons - "Headspace" : Yay basic white girl, give us nothing!
18) Domanique Grant - "Airbrush" : Ooh girlie I don't know, these lyrics are a bit CRINGE.
19) š‘²š‘°š‘¹š‘Ø - "That Would Be A Lie" : Why the edgy artist name, WHY...... Sadly this is actually good.
20) Tessa Violet & lovelytheband - "Games" : Oh jesus this video was so annoying. But the song is alright?
21) Wolf Alice - "The Last Man On Earth" : I fell ASLEEP!!! Why are they so overrated, I just don't know. ZERO!
22) Three Days Grace - "Strange Days" : Oh they still exist? Cool, this is actually good, I'm enjoying!
23) Purple Disco Machine - "Dopamine" ft. Eyelar : I did want to hate this, but it's kinda groovy. I like the singer!
24) Ylva - "DU VIL IKKE Gƅ FRA MEG" : Cute little bop. Missing a music video, like Darbe says.
25) Twinnie - "Chasing" : Hmm, no, not for me I'm afraid.
26) Bantug - "Don't Know What's Real" : LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I see you Alexeh. Not a bad song.
27) SoYou, JunggiGo - "Some" : 2014 k-pop and for WHAT? Snoozefest!
28) Daria Zawiałow - "Wojny i Noce" : Quite anime theme song I feel like, and not only cos of the video. Ehh alright.
29) SKYLE - "FLY UP HIGH" : Ew what is with the ugly 2014 EDM drop?! We REALLY needed to finish on a bad k-pop song, did we?
962 days 13 hours ago
J2999
001. Stefflon Don & Ms Banks - "Dip" : This is alright, thereā€™s better Stefflon Don, but it was fine as a whole.
002. The Chainsmokers - "Beach House" : The Chainsmokers are so goodā€¦ they never miss, Drew Taggart really can sing too, all round bop.
003. Yebba - "Boomerang" : Parts of this has potential but ultimately itā€™s not doing a lot, the best part is her screaming-like part.
004. RUANN - "Beep Beep" : Definitely better than expected, some decent parts to itā€¦ but not all there still.
005. Raissa - "POLICƍA" : The second half definitely is the stronger half, but as a whole itā€™s a good song, quite liked this.
006. I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME - "Choke" : Itā€™s decent, enjoyed it to an extent, takes it.
007. Mahalia - "Whenever You're Ready" : This was something I just didnā€™t get into, though it wasnā€™t bad, just eh really.
008. PURPLE KISS - "Zombie" : Interesting, the song isā€¦ kinda a bop in parts, one of the better ones so far this week.
009. beabadoobee - "Animal Noises" : The music is enjoyable, but the just singing style like thatā€¦ really is not it, ruins the song.
010. Jose De Rico & Henry Mendez - "Noche De Estrellas" : Good vibesā€¦ liked this, basically all to say.
011. AMARA ctk100 - "You Don't Wanna" : Donā€™t wanna play this again? Yeah.
012. Kacey Musgraves - "simple times" : Oh literally justā€¦. o.O, thatā€™s a few mins of my life I wonā€™t be getting back. Though parts of the music are alright.
013. IU - "LILAC" : The chorus is alrightā€¦ the rest ainā€™t all that.
014. AUDREY NUNA - "Top Again" ft. Saba : Please that tin foil outfit? The song itself is really giving nothing though.
015. Sasha Keable, Jorja Smith - "Killing Me" : This really took till a good min and a half of the song to go anywhereā€¦. But even when it did, not really INTO it.
016. Hashiyasume Atsuko - "A La Mode" : Honestly this is decent, definitely some like boppy parts, outsells the last bunch of songs by a landslide.
017. Riley Clemmons - "Headspace" : Itā€™s a pleasant bop, nothing revolutionary, but enjoyable and a good song.
018. Domanique Grant - "Airbrush" : Not into this, not doing anything for me, though something about the songā€™s fine, like itā€™s really not near the worst this week.
019. š‘²š‘°š‘¹š‘Ø - "That Would Be A Lie" : The music here is fine, but thatā€™s about as much of it that does anything.
020. Tessa Violet & lovelytheband - "Games" : Good song here, enjoyed this one pretty much throughout.
021. Wolf Alice - "The Last Man On Earth" : Another one where realistically the music is good, but not too fond of the rest.
022. Three Days Grace - "Strange Days" : This is fine yeah, leaning towards the positive side as a whole.
023. Purple Disco Machine - "Dopamine" ft. Eyelar : Another like kinda simple song but it sounds good and thatā€™s fine by me.
024. Ylva - "DU VIL IKKE Gƅ FRA MEG" : Pretty meh, this doesnā€™t really do much at all.
025. Twinnie - "Chasing" : Good song; this is definitely one of the best songs of the week, yeah.
026. Bantug - "Don't Know What's Real" : The chorus is good, makes it a good song overall.
027. SoYou, JunggiGo - "Some" : Just is not for me. Itā€™s not bad, but really does absolutely nothing for me.
028. Daria Zawiałow - "Wojny i Noce" : Itā€™s fine, donā€™t feel any specific way towards this.
029. SKYLE - "FLY UP HIGH" : So seeing this being the closer obviously it needed to have gone offff, andā€¦ it did, happy with that. The drop did send me, and really did make up for the like 2/3rds bad week most these other songs were.
962 days ago
PennyTrationStan
01. stefflon don & ms banks - been waiting for this to show up in TSC eventually and yeah! i like this! i like the dancehall influences and as a whole the instrumental just pops off. reminds me a lot of blaya's hymn "eu avisei" but not AS impactful. still a whoppa though. it's for the gheurls!
02. the chainsmokers - you know, on a related note i've actually grown out of my edgy phase to accept that 'side effects' and 'paris' are genuinely good songs. so i came into this with an open mind and... :// it just feels like the standard, tired chainsmokers sound i've come to expect from them (bad). feels weird to say this about a chainsmokers song but i'm disappointed :| not for me.
03. yebba - i've seen this (wo)man everywhere so i came in with HIGH expectations. they were not met but this is awwwwright. i do respect it and like how it's going for 'subtle bond theme' realness, but that doesn't mean i'm LIVING. i do think this could grow on me so we'll see though. as is, it's okay for now but i wish it did more.
04. RUANN - EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP. I'M GOING TO MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR. HE. LLO. THIS. IS. RUANN. I KNOW. IT'S... RUANN. THAT GIRL? IS. RUANN. kind of the peak of pop music when you think about it. there's something very cool and bombastic about this that i've always liked. the only part i don't really care for is -- duh -- the rap breakdown, but everything else about this CLICKS. good song!
05. raissa - i've checked out a few of her songs and have been mostly unimpressed, so of course the TSC entry is the one that actually clicks with me! i enjoy this quite a bit! it's on the verge of discover weekly poopoo peepee jae stephens doodoo but there's something really sexy and effortless about this. the second half ended up growing on me as well! sort of standard, but it's executed well enough for me to enjoy.
06. I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME - i feel like i should know this? it definetly sounds a LOT like a song that i can't pinpoint. i'm sure the more heterosexual tsc players who are in the know will remind me. this is not my thing on paper, but it's a decent song. maybe on a lesser week it'd scrape points, we'll see.
07. mahalia - I KNEW THIS SOUNDED FAMILIAR YEAH. i mean this definetly pales in comparison to the song it's sampling, but it's decent enough! i really liked 'jealous' and while this is not near that level, i still do liiike this, but i'm not living. the window wiping sound effects were funny though. overall, awright.
08. PURPLE KISS - i waaaaas thinking of gamebotting and sending this this week until i realised i didn't like it as much as i wanted to. but it's still good! the chorus (or i guess choruses?? this thing has like one chorus and a half LMAO) is legitimately really catchy and i like the funky instrumental. i don't LOVE it but it's certainly a well executed and qwuirwky take on this sound. queens i think
09. beabadoobee - i was ready to YELL at the sender for picking this over 'cologne' and 'last day on earth', BUT then i was reminded that this sounds exactly like 'iris' by the goo goo dolls so naturally i have to love this. i remembered this being a lot worse but i'm pleasantly surprised! very buffy soundtrack and that's not a bad thing at all. bop!
10. jose de rico & henry mendez - WINNERS WINNERS WINNERS okay... hear me out. this is like the greatest song i've ever heard i'm not joking i don't care this is the WINNERRRRRR. as someone who grew up with 2010s kuduro music, this sound is just is REALLY hitting my nostalgia. i don't care if it's objectively horrid i am getting my LIFEEEEEEEE. BOP BOP BOP *DETONATES YASSSSS GRENADE* thank you SO much for this. that chorus is EUPHORIC i swear you have to be in like a heightened state of mind to truly grasp what this song is going for UGH. BOP
11. AMARA ctk100 - a bit CHEAP send, but who cares when it's this whoppa. not the best song italian's ESCT nf had to offer but it's DEFINETLY second best <3 that lead up to the final chorus and the final chorus itself UGHGHGH *detonates YASSS grenade for the second time in a row*. it's for the GHEURLS.
12. kacey musgraves - that music video was VERGING on gregory dillon annoyance SHUT THE FUCK UP. anyways, the song! is really nice! i kinda hate country music but i definetly see why kacey clicks with the fa- i mean queens. LOVE the synths at the post chorus but unfortunately i'm not as impressed as i want to be with this. respect it more than i like it, i think. could grow tho!
13. IU - it's been 84 years. but hi bop! this is probably the best thing she's ever done? i'm not well versed on IU's entire discography but out of all the big singles i've heard, this is the one i've been most impressed with by FAR. just so pretty and catchy, and the city pop hints in the instrumental really make this such a dreamy and ethereal tune. bopppp!!!!!!!!
14. AUDREY NUNA - i listened to her EP a few months back and wasn't sure on which song to choose from so i just added the singles to my TSC list LOL. this is rly good though and probably the best song on the entire project i think. the production is excellent and saba really elevates this. i'm YASSSSSSing all of a sudden. i did live i did! another boppppp!!!!!! is saba available on sunday night i wonder..
15. sasha keable, jorja smith - i'm... whelmed. i mean i DO see the appeal don't get me wrong, these women can SING. a lot like yebba, i just feel like this is too subtle for a dumb gay man like me to get into. definetly a pleasant listen but not a song i think i'll be returning to. other girls will live though i'm sure! i did like the very slight hints of bossanova to the instrumental.
16. hashiyasume atsuko - talk about throwing EVERYTHING at the wall. this was so funny and kind of the best song i've ever heard. i have NO idea where this will place in my rankings of the week but honestly i thoroughly enjoyed this. ironically and unironically i think. an art piece for sure.
17. riley clemmons - hm. i think i enjoyed this a lot more in my first listen but honestly it's not bad for a white demon like riley clemmons. did she take me to church? not really but she exceeded my very low expectations. it's definetly okay though, don't really dislike it or love it. it's just very inoffensive.
18. domanique grant - HASHTAG INSTAGRAM QUEEN. this is so fucking bad LMFAOOOO but ironically i am so here for this i just think she has the serve. coco jones walked so domanique grant could be crowned the #InstagramQueen. not competing for my points anytime soon but in a way it should this is so intelligent............... EDIT EDIT ME..... THEY WANT TO PHOTOSHOP ME.... it's giving samantha jade but intelligent. giving #PegThePatriarchy. in a way i have to point this. #TORN.
19. š‘²š‘°š‘¹š‘Ø - oh shut the fuck up shut the fuck UPPPPPP i LOVE this i LOVE this you're joking. i hadn't heard this prior to the contest but if i had i would've sent it so fast. this reminds me a lot of the songs on aly & aj's latest album and that is the HIGHEST COMPLIMENT AOTY AOTY actually second alternate for AOTY but that's ok we still love them. i mean this is very clearly excellent i'm in LOVE i'm ASCENDING. thank you for this.
20. tessa violet & lovelytheband - this really does fall apart without the INCREDIBLE (!!!!) music video huh. anyways this is HELL but let me watching the video again nyurhurhur
https://static.skaip.org/img/emoticons/180x180/f6fcff/laughdog.gif
21. wolf alice - heard of them but hadn't heard THEM, not sure why it took them so long to be sent. this is definetly good though! giving 'drivers license' for the pitchfork beatles girls (i mean that as a compliment. mostly). the payoff at the second half is GREAT i did move. i was taken places i was. good song!
22. three days grace - uhh..? retirement act week was LAST week. this is very MOTR. uninspired basic pop rock made for a hillbilly need for speed game or something. i did not move but maybe the tiny riot girls will get a kick out of pretending this is good. and good for them!
23. purple disco machine - DIE DIE DIE i wanted to send 'fireworks' and now i have to wait until NEXT YEAR???? whatever. this is decent actually, and miles ahead of 'hypnotized' which is probably the worst song of all time. the production is... a little anemic for me? but the chorus is genuinely really catchy which saves it from stinky synthy pussy syndrome for me. kinda getting better with every listen actually. hesitantly gonna say bop on this one
24. ylva - this definetly happened i can tell you that much
25. twinnie - conservative kacey musgraves. it's giving very much STINK STUNK stinky + maga hat. i don't think i've ever cared about a song from hers so i'm just really ehh on this.
26. bantug - Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sort of alexeh23, totally all over the place haha. Very interesting tho!
27. soyou, junggigo - the music video made me smile. this doesn't hold up that well in a spotify relisten but i'm surprised that i don't actually hate this. i don't care for it but it's kind of adorable.
28. daria zawiałow - you will never be 'ring ring' by rocket punch. who else was asleep i was i definetly was. her WORLD SONG CONTEST (!!!!) entry was a lot better, this just feels tired and stinky and i am TIRED. it's giving colonia in her death bed. let me tell you i did not move. still as a skeleton.
29. SKYLE - i was warned that this was an everglow rip-off but DAMN i didn't expect it to be that much of a rip-off? the girls could take legal action LMAO this is like very blatantly a rip-off of 'adios'. i know the youtube song contest girls but, as someone with sound ears, i am not one of them. pretty bad but i was sort of getting my life in an ironic way so there's that! divas on a budget.
961 days 1 hour ago
Limegrass
01) Stefflon Don & Ms Banks - Rap isn't my go to, but I actually genuinely enjoyed this one. Definitely a contender for my running playlist :)
02) The Chainsmokers - Where's Halsey?!?!?! Nah it was alright, obviously not their best work but not awful? Still have prejudice against their band name though...
03) Yebba - A nice welcome back to country folk pop? It was a bit twee wasn't it....... not sure whether I liked the weird OoOOOooooOOooO sounds.
04) RUANN - A good beat, some questionable dance moves, it's good to see K-Pop is still a permenant feature of TSC ;)
05) Raissa - This reminded me of a song I can't for the life of me remember..... not the best but I liked the shower tiling in the music video.
06) I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME - This makes me notalgic for Christmas songs for some reason, and makes me look forward to the lead up soon!!!!!!!!!! A good indie rock song that wouldn't be out of place on Radio 1.
07) Mahalia - Generic slow pop that unfortunately Ariana Grande has popularised. No thanks.
08) PURPLE KISS - The second K-Pop and the description is quite inter changable with RUANN.  Why must they insit of having one member of the group doing some questionable rapping?
09) beabadoobee - I enjoyed the wispiness to this, and the circa 2006 Taylor Swift style acoustic guitar.
10) Jose De Rico & Henry Mendez - I haven't been to a club in 2 years now and I NEED to go back. Also discount Taio Cruz was more enjoyable than I thought he would be .
11) AMARA ctk100 - Ummmmmmm, not really my cup of tea to be honest.
12) Kacey Musgraves - Bit of a weird trend in 2021 to have such a long video intro. Love Kacey, but not sure about this.
13) IU - You know you're out of touch with TSC when there's a THIRD K POP SONG. A bit twee, but I think this was head and shoulders above the rest of them.
14) AUDREY NUNA - This would be at home on BBC Radio 1, and I feel like that's the biggest compliment I can give it.
15) Sasha Keable, Jorja Smith - A bit slow, but it grew throughout, which was actually really nice. Definitely a slow burn, and I was on board at the end.
16) Hashiyasume Atsuko - I'm going to stop counting the KPOP now, but I'm not as sure about this one as the others. I'd rather take a RUANN over this.
17) Riley Clemmons - A nice beat but not much else. TOo much quietness trying to shout in an overgrown bus for my liking.
18) Domanique Grant - I've actually heard of this one before, and it's good on a listen with the music video!!!
19) š‘²š‘°š‘¹š‘Ø - Not entirely convinced. I feel like strongly in a similar genre have come and gone, and it just doesn't stand out for any reason. Good in isolation though.
20) Tessa Violet & lovelytheband - A nice nod to Twilight and when I was last competing in TSC. It also reminded me of 'THe Greatest Show' from The Greatest SHowman......... and not in a good way?
21) Wolf Alice - I am FLABBERGASTED this is eligible for TSC. It's literally on every hour on BBC Radio 1. A good song, but the band are too knobbish for me. Also, I'm haunted by when I went to Glastonbury and they were twats to the crowd.
22) Three Days Grace - A nice shift in pace, much appreciated!!! Probably not good when compared to othe rock songs, but definitely stands out in the contest.
23) Purple Disco Machine - A bit too generic perhaps? Like it though
24) Ylva - I couldn't remember this literally 10 seconds after it ended. Again, too similar a song to others in the contest, and I don't think I'll remember it come scoring.
25) Twinnie - Again, a nice change of pace from the last stream of songs! Country-pop twee done well, and I'm a sucker for it.
26) Bantug - Not bad, but very 00s isn't it? I liked the vibe, and reminded me of an early Veronicas!
27) SoYou, JunggiGo - No thank you.
28) Daria Zawiałow - I liked the house vibe this gave off, but apart from that the rest of the song didn't help. Wish it stuck with the first 30 seconds and kept going with that.
29) SKYLE - Not a bad end to the contest, I swear all of these KPOP songs have the saem dance moves. Think I need a lie down.
960 days 21 hours ago
MISSimogen
01) Stefflon Don & Ms Banks - honestly this is decent. not necessarily my scene at all but i appreciate it for what it is. the chorus isn't the most inventive but its v catchy. ms banks really ate her verse also.. JUST GAWJESS!

02) The Chainsmokers - oh my f*cking g*d. we're STILL doing this?!?!?!?!?!? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LET ME NOT BE HATE CRIMED ONE (1) WEEK, just ONE... THIS IS TEWWW MUCH! this is genuinely so fucking boring. it serves nothing. so f*cking bland and wh*te its unreal.

03) Yebba - i feel like yebba is kind of making noise lately but i never really listened to her other than like one song i think "my mind". her voice is definitely gorg its giving a lidl bit of elle king we lurve big beefy bitches - queens me thinkz. as for this song... its FINE. i kind of like the random shouty chants kind of giving me wilderness war cries??? idk that part is just kind of stun to me. the voice is kind of the only remarkable part of the song really bc the song itself is kind of safe and doesn't stand out... its def giving tv advert soundtrack. its FINE though.

04) RUANN - the cutesy, bubbly kpop will just never be good to me. its only passable when they can serve cunt. but this one is very juvenile and noisy. and of course we have a token rap verse its kind of cringe-inducing how they all follow the same format. kind of BORED. awful.

05) Raissa - her voice is just so glossy to me. its smooth like butter so GORG. wasn't a huge fan of the trappy chorus but i guess its kind of cvnt. as for the second part of the song.. WHEWWW IM ACENDING. and of course i LURVE brazil!!! so beautiful!

06) I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME - omg quite cutesy for a man actually. the visuals r quite pwetty. but it will NOT catfish me into thinking this is actually good. hell naw. its probably for someone but its definitely not me <3

07) Mahalia - oh i think its finally time i just admit that mahalia has NEVER been for me. every song I've listened to I've been so uninterested in :/ kind of never got the appeal of her and this song is not much different.. its just BLAHHHH. i kind of want to like her so much but i just cant excuse all these unremarkable songs I'm so sorry. maybe if it was someone else who sang this song id be more open to it but not when all of her discography is just so BORING. she doesn't get a pass!

08) PURPLE KISS - another kpop song... i was so BORED. its literally interchangeable with the last one. it follows the same format. the token tap verse I'm literally beyond bored..... but this is definitely more enjoyable than the last one. but its genuinely every single kpop song I've heard before so?

09) beabadoobee - shes an angel i think. definitely someone id listen in my own time. probably a LIDL bit of a guilty pleasure but whatever. this one is fine. not the heavenly bop i want it to be. I'm not exactly ascending in the clouds but its fine. its a little bit pretty. i think she probably has better but this is nice!

10) Jose De Rico & Henry Mendez - well i don't get any of the references or nostalgia at all.. maybe when this was brought out i had taste, or at least the people around me did? i don't get it. probably a lidl bit iconic in another lifetime but not in this current one on earth. i REBUTE this song.

11) AMARA ctk100 - AHHHHHH THIS IS SEWWWW GEWDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!! of course I'm in a chokehold but the visuals ALONE. but them whispery cvnty vocals are just GAWJESS. its v shygirl-esque actually - yeah it is. BOP!

12) Kacey Musgraves - well I'm glad someone sent it bc id never listen to her new stuff in my own time shes just so uninteresting to me. erm i guess its fine for the wh*te yee haww girlies but.. YEAH. at least symone looks good. i could've done without the monologue very annoying, nicki minaj is SEETHING.

13) IU - literally THIS is what kpop should be. the best one by far this week. if ur gonna send kpop can it at least BOP like this? I'm so tired. i promise i don't hate kpop i just hate bad songs and this one is GOOD. this just highlights I'm not a r*cist i promise. BOP!

14) AUDREY NUNA - aw i do luv this queen if i remember correctly. she does serve very discover weekly i think. she would the girl that buys her spotify playlisting.. yeah she gives me very that. its not TOO remarkable. visuals r very stunning though! her voice is def very stun me likey. its nothing id be coming back to but for a single listen is fine. the man keeps it interesting.

15) Sasha Keable, Jorja Smith - these two are really gorgeous. really compliment each other well. the guitar in the back is kind of gorg and creates a really pretty atmosphere. cant say its my fav thing jorja has ever done but its still really solid! probably one of my fav artists atm literally so GOOD.

16) Hashiyasume Atsuko - kind of iconic in a way. i guess i can appreciate it in some weird way. ill NEVER revisit it but i guess its find of fun. very annoying but i love that for her. at least its interesting even if it is just a big explosion of noise.

17) Riley Clemmons - basic borin cow really isn't she..... nothing interesting really. just another wh*te girl pop song its not really doing too much or reinventing the wheel. i guess it might scrape a few cheap points but not from ME!

18) Domanique Grant - again, this type of music is never for me but i can appreciate it. its cute i guess. i just feel like its been done way better recently. there's just something a lidl bit cheap about this one. i want to really like it :( but i just don't especially not after that #instagramqueen.. SICK EMOJI.

19) š‘²š‘°š‘¹š‘Ø - whys her name like that lidl edgy girly o3o uwu. this is noiiiceeeeee. it doesn't do too much but its got really nice production that acends me a bit. i do rly enjoy it.

20) Tessa Violet & lovelytheband - tessa violet .. oh I'm so bored. one for the angsty teenagers. ewwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21) Wolf Alice - the wh*te whispery quirky girls literally will forever have me in a headlock... SOOO BEAUTIFULLLLLL OH MY F*CKING GAWDDDDD!!!!!! i luuuuuv this so much. some people will think this is boring but NO this is art. this is HEAVENLYYYYYYYY.... so pretty. go wh*te girl GOOOOOO <3 *waves my starbies flag*

22) Three Days Grace - interesting visuals. bit noisy isn't it. is it jarring? YEAH, very much so. i don't care if ur a fat goth just don't shove it down my throat!!!!!!!

23) Purple Disco Machine - well they caught my attention from the thumbnail ALONE. lets be honest this sound has been done to death but when its not broke don't fix it. its really not bad. it is a bit basic and overdone but it still bops! i just don't know if i can fully support this though because it genuinely is so CHEAP and tacky.

24) Ylva - aw this is actually fine when it gets going. definitely wont remember it when i wake up tomorrow but it was fine.

25) Twinnie - :///// so bad. there's really not much to say, you have ears. i don't know sir, lemme ask the audience!!!!!!!! 

26) Bantug - not to bad. again, this production has been done to death but its not bad. it kind of flows so effortlessly. the chorus is kind of slowly winning me over. not the most life changing song but its very cutesy.

27) SoYou, JunggiGo - another kpop song.. erm I'm glad its going in a different direction to the bubbly, childish SHITE. but even this is still a lidl bit fruity for me. so bad.

28) Daria Zawiałow - errrrrrmmmmmmm its not too bad but I'm still not that interested. i guess its a lidl bit of a head bopper actually and i enjoy that chorus a bit. but I'm just trying to be nice. I'm not gagging :(

29) SKYLE - yeah sorry this is so OFF brand. whoever sent this is literally going to hell i promise u that. just read my comments on the first two kpop songs this week. but lets add that this is just a cheap and tacky RIP OFF, of actual decent kpop groups. DO U HAVE NO SHAME SKYLE? IT SEEMS THAT WE HAVE A DOPPELGANGER IN OUR MIDST. U UNORIGINAL COWS.
960 days 16 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) Stefflon Don & Ms Banks - the beat was enjoyable I suppose but I can't picture myself coming back to listen. This isn't the kind of female rap I usually go for
02) The Chainsmokers - fuck off to these men
03) Yebba - brilliant voice, the song isn't as likely to come back to me as a boomerang, but could see this growing on me for sure. I love the beat
04) RUANN - the breakdown is the only interesting part of this song
05) Raissa - this has elements to like, but when put together I just feelā€¦ confused
06) I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME - artist name 0/10, song gets a 6/10. I liked the way it started actually and was hoping it would go some panic at the disco route but the song meandered more than I wanted it to
07) Mahalia - kind of a 2000s vibe I didn't know I wanted until this
08) PURPLE KISS - I like this kpop better than the last one at least
09) beabadoobee - it's cute but ultimately makes me sleepyā€¦ maybe not the worst thing I need to catch up on some hours
10) Jose De Rico & Henry Mendez - I'm all for a cheap banger in some TSCs (see: Adrenalina) but this just got grating very quickly
11) AMARA ctk100 - borderline edgelord but too quiet to make an impact
12) Kacey Musgraves - I'm so fucking over music videos that do this and keep interrupting the song, next
13) IU - this was the kind of sweet, soft song I like. It's not like an auto 12 or anything but it just felt like sugar in my ears
14) AUDREY NUNA - see kacey musgraves, but this song (besides the rap) was actually good
15) Sasha Keable, Jorja Smith - this tsc is putting me to sleep but I'm starting to think it's in a good way. This isn't as good as some of the other slow tracks but I still enjoyed it
16) Hashiyasume Atsuko - so bad it's almost good. Almost
17) Riley Clemmons - oh I know this song. Yeah it's cute and slightly catchy which I like. Is that the house from the queen's gambit or is it just any house out there
18) Domanique Grant - honestly cringy lyrics this song tries too hardā€¦ I wish the song was about something completely else with the same instrumental. Kinda got wasted tbh
19) š‘²š‘°š‘¹š‘Ø- yeah I can't remember how this goes :\ it's mellow and I don't hate it but yea
20) Tessa Violet & lovelytheband - the video is better than the song itself, which is fine and has its moments but it's a lil simple
21) Wolf Alice - maybe a little too quiet for me, just an interchangeable sad girl piano song but I appreciate that she's not being billie eilish
22) Three Days Grace - not for me sorry
23) Purple Disco Machine - it's cute and simple, I would prob play this at a pool party
24) Ylva - found from a new swedish music playlist? An honorable way to find music I promise it's just not very special
25) Twinnie - wow, how can we top Type of Girl??? The part after the chorus is the best but it's not fun enough for me
26) Bantug - tell me why this song left me bored more than mostā€¦ I feel like I could hear this in any tsc
27) SoYou, JunggiGo - I like the concept of a duet being here, and this is adorable
28) Daria Zawiałow - cool an anime video (that does look awesome) but the song sucks
29) SKYLE - wow they really had to put a banger in song #29 did theyā€¦ it's not like adios everglow tier but its breakdowns are pretty good and has its moments
959 days 22 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Stefflon Don & Ms Banks ā€“ The music is loud and effective in itā€™s style and she is a great rapper who knows how to keep the flow
02) The Chainsmokers ā€“ No one has asked for them to be back and I find this to be a downer with nothing redeemable about it
03) Yebba ā€“ I donā€™t know about this as I have a weird feeling towards this strange music and the pitchy singing is not helping
04) RUANN ā€“ They bring the joy and poppy energy which is so enlightening and Iā€™m simply in heaven hearing this
05) Raissa ā€“ This is going towards the edgy stuff and yeah it is good for what it is but it has something lacking music wise
06) I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME ā€“ His vocals are very graining and I donā€™t like the electric guitar sound as it makes it sound so cheesy
07) Mahalia ā€“ This is not how you do it with the beat being so messed up and her singing gets drained out
08) PURPLE KISS ā€“ Is it Halloween already because Iā€™m not feeling that holiday as the song is lacklustre and their vocals get really annoying
09) beabadoobee ā€“ Why is she here because I donā€™t like her and this dire of a song that just goes on and on at this snail bore pace
10) Jose De Rico & Henry Mendez ā€“ This is not mixing well and it is too many cooks here and their vocals are the worst sounding more like robots learning how to sing
11) AMARA ctk100 ā€“ Get this crazy woman away from my screen as the music is super creepy and she is speaking in tongues
12) Kacey Musgraves ā€“ The song feels very empty with the music taking a laid-back motion and Iā€™m not into those awkward breaks which ruins it
13) IU ā€“ Yeah, the music is light and nice but her singing is very off putting which doesnā€™t help the song making me cringe
14) AUDREY NUNA ā€“ This song is very repetitive using the same beats not making it fresh and gets old very quickly instead
15) Sasha Keable, Jorja Smith ā€“ This is some premium stuff I am getting as their voices together is so perfection and this just gets me sucked in for more
16) Hashiyasume Atsuko ā€“ Now I feel like Iā€™ve gone down the rabbit hole listening to this crazy song which makes no sense and is annoying to listen to
17) Riley Clemmons ā€“ Yes, I am feeling the fantastic beat that this is pumping out and she is a great singer and I am simply loving it
18) Domanique Grant ā€“ The lyrics are memorable and she is a unique singer who lets it out and isnā€™t holding anything back in this bop
19) š‘²š‘°š‘¹š‘Ø ā€“ This sounds like a filler song and already I am unimpressed by it as it zooms by without making any impact from the lack of energy provided
20) Tessa Violet & lovelytheband ā€“ They are quite different and Iā€™m digging this sound which has that dark funk music that helps to kick it up
21) Wolf Alice ā€“ Oh god why is she trying to put me to sleep with how dull this song is with the tempo not changing and it will be hard to even remember it afterwards
22) Three Days Grace ā€“ Get those rock equipment pumping with this being a jam with good energy and power making it one hell of a banger
23) Purple Disco Machine ā€“ I do love some synth and already it sounds like a classic with that nice funk energy and crystal-clear vocals that make it so catchy
24) Ylva ā€“ This isnā€™t really doing it as it is failing on the music wise with itā€™s cheap sounds and she doesnā€™t make her vocals stand out
25) Twinnie ā€“ Itā€™s very tropical sounding and Iā€™m into the music that is quirky and good with the singing bringing that good level in
26) Bantug ā€“ Nope the music and vocals are not mixing and it sounds more like an argument is going on and the singing has zero effort anyway
27) SoYou, JunggiGo ā€“ Weā€™ve got a cheese ballad on our hands and it is making me quite queasy hearing it
28) Daria Zawiałow ā€“ Is she shouting those keys as that is not helping her vocals and the music wasnā€™t really invested into belonging to a low budget tv show
29) SKYLE ā€“ Okay this has a lot of different identities poured into and sadly they donā€™t mix but I give credit that the chorus is very powerful
959 days 19 hours ago
Darbe
01) Stefflon Don & Ms Banks - Funnily enough, Hurtin Meā€™ played in a club I was in a few days back and I remember thinking to myself ā€˜Iā€™m shocked Stefflon doesnā€™t get submitted to TSC.ā€™ The timing. Anyway, this is alright. Itā€™s quite fun, not hugely my sort of thing, but I can respect that this is decent.
02) The Chainsmokers - Itā€™s always been quite amusing to me how their stans generally consider this song to be one of their best, whereas wider music fans have generally regarded this as one of their worst. I guess itā€™s probably because this is the most on-brand theyā€™ve ever sounded, especially from the songs on that album, so whether you like this probably is a good indicator of whether you like their sound at all. I personally have a very complicated relationship with these men and their music, and thus this song. Objectively this song isnā€™t that great and has a lot of bad ingredients, but I personally donā€™t mind it. Not their best, but far from their worst. Itā€™s alright!
03) Yebba - I think this wouldā€™ve sounded more relevant in 2015. I didnā€™t really care for that bird call melody in the chorus either.
04) RUANN - This is pretty cute. Itā€™s definitely basic but at least itā€™s easy on the ears.
05) Raissa - I liked this! The production was good and I think the melody worked nicely over it. The second half was interesting too, especially those closing synths being a nice touch.
06) I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME - Sometimes this genre I find very uplifting and nice, and the melody is actually similar to a Declan McKenna song, but unfortunately this song was too far on the cheesy dated side for me.
07) Mahalia - This was fine. There was a 2000s R&B vibe which I can appreciate. Not hugely impactful but pleasant and the melody was relatively infectious by the end.
08) PURPLE KISS - I like the disco production throughout. The chorus is good, the trap breakdown moments are bad, and Iā€™m not fond of the hook really at all.
09) beabadoobee - It has a bit of a Holly Humberstone feel to it. Thereā€™s a genuine, warm quality to it which I like! I do actually hear the Iris similarities too.
10) Jose De Rico & Henry Mendez - Iā€™m not entirely sure why but I managed to enjoy this disaster today. Thanks for making me smile Daniel.
11) AMARA ctk100 - Quite edgy. I didnā€™t really care for it either way but the last chorus turned into headache territority for me.
12) Kacey Musgraves - Thereā€™s a nice mellow country vibe. Iā€™ve definitely heard more impactful songs by her, but this was alright.
13) IU - I received a lot of backlash last week for my late send of Tkay. Iā€™m interested to see if this receives the same backlash. I do like this! I never listen to it anymore but thereā€™s a very ethereal disco feel to this song which Iā€™ve always appreciated. Cute!
14) AUDREY NUNA - Another fine song. Saba obviously saved my life, I just wish Audrey brought that same energy. Grew on me as it went on, but still mainly in the pleasant territory.
15) Sasha Keable, Jorja Smith - Itā€™s a nice vibe. Perhaps a bit too understated to make me remember this, but it was pleasant to listen to and theyre both clearly great vocalists.
16) Hashiyasume Atsuko - There is DEFINITELY an audience for this. That audience is not me but I didnā€™t hate this.
17) Riley Clemmons - I went in with low expectations based on the genre, but this isnā€™t half bad. It kinda reminds me of some of the feel-good basic pop songs from TSC in 2019. Itā€™s really basic but I quite liked this, it made me happy.
18) Domanique Grant - This is listenable but doesnā€™t bring a great deal to the table musically. Itā€™s a bit dated really. I did like the lyrical message though.
19) š‘²š‘°š‘¹š‘Ø - This is a pretty song. Not the sort of thing that particularly excites me in the context of a music competition, but itā€™s nice. Drags a little bit by the end.
20) Tessa Violet & lovelytheband - The visuals were funny. The chorus is actually pretty decent, the melody is quite infectious. I will say that both the musicians sound bored as theyā€™re singing this, but quite decent.
21) Wolf Alice - I heard this album a few weeks ago and this song was one of my favourites there. Itā€™s solid and sounds very melodic and I enjoy their haunting vibe.
22) Three Days Grace - This was okay. A fine rock song. Didnā€™t particularly impress me, but fine.
23) Purple Disco Machine - This is a breezy disco bop. I really like the melody in the chorus. Iā€™m not as sold on the post-chorus part which runs into dated territory for me, but this is fun! I expect this will contend.
24) Ylva - Where is the music video? Surely you werenā€™t expecting me to use my EARS to judge this submission? This gave me nothing though.
25) Twinnie - I really enjoyed her last submission. This isnā€™t as good, but itā€™s still nice and pleasant to listen to.
26) Bantug - This does remind me of an Alexeh submission but thatā€™s quite the compliment! Very pretty and melodic with the synths backing that up really well. I liked this!
27) SoYou, JunggiGo - Itā€™s pleasant and listenable, but itā€™s a dated brand of sweetsy pop that doesnā€™t do a great deal for me.
28) Daria Zawiałow - Thereā€™s a unique quality to this which Iā€™ve grown to appreciate on multiple listens. Thereā€™s a bit of a weird mismatch between the vocals and the production, but that also seems to work in creating an atmosphere in a way. Itā€™s certainly an experience.
29) SKYLE - This was pretty annoying. Itā€™s inspired by songs which have aged like milk and this is executed in a much cheaper fashion too.
958 days 19 hours ago
TotsTrashy
01) Stefflon Don & Ms Banks - "Dip" --- this was fun and i felt like popping my bussy..... also props for an intense dance routine full of hips. boots the house down houston im deceased

02) The Chainsmokers - "Beach House" --- did you hear about my roommate back in boulder BTW? this was awful. very monotone and the autotune jumped out. and it's just a ton of awkward shots of women in different places and andrew taggart throwing his hands up

03) Yebba - "Boomerang" --- I MOVED!!! my favorite of the week!!! female empowerment? check. high notes? check. catchy chorus? check. plot? check. im coming back around like a boomerang.

04) RUANN - "Beep Beep" --- for the 1st KPOP song of the week this kinda sucked.

05) Raissa - "POLICƍA" --- this felt like 2 songs in 1 and i dont like when artists do that. i was also asleep in the 2nd half. not my vibe at all.

06) I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME - "Choke" --- this was camp. something out of a scooby doo movie. retro done right!!!

07) Mahalia - "Whenever You're Ready" --- mommy? sorry. mommy? sorry. mommy? sorry. mommy? sorry. a little TOO breathy for my taste, but im obsessed with her otherwise.

08) PURPLE KISS - "Zombie" ---https://i.pinimg.com/originals/55/b0/eb/55b0eb6f65e5051cc633a868508bfe8d.gif

09) beabadoobee - "Animal Noises" --- this is the girl who killed avril lavigne and took her place. 2000's myspace mixtape. kelly clarkson american idol. she wants to be letters by slayyterr so bad. i was pretty bored. i don't have a strong opinion on it.

10) Jose De Rico & Henry Mendez - "Noche De Estrellas" --- least favorite of the week. this is awful <333333

11) AMARA ctk100 - "You Don't Wanna" --- already in love for the flash warning. HER MATILDA PIGTAILS!!! this was so sexy and she girl bossed the extraterrestrial vibe. and the drop at the end? teletubby teleport us to mars.

12) Kacey Musgraves - "simple times" --- lyrics are very cheesy but i love kacey! what i don't love is the insanely long video time and conversations in the middle of the song. and for that, i can't forgive her. also there were way better eligible songs of hers to send in.

13) IU - "LILAC" ---https://64.media.tumblr.com/d945a80ddac1606a17f76b5044d20d23/ad8e2c51697e8adc-db/s400x600/dadd05522bb6dc9416b5645b2f12d3ec86373b9d.gif

14) AUDREY NUNA - "Top Again" ft. Saba --- besides the 29 seconds of silence in the middle and SABA's verse, i'm an audrey nuna nator.

15) Sasha Keable, Jorja Smith - "Killing Me" --- intro violin is giving coldplay, and her outfit is giving lady dimitrescu! they compliment each other so well. had a climax and a payoff. still not better than that feminist queen Yebba, but definitely needs awards.

16) Hashiyasume Atsuko - "A La Mode" --- if scott pilgrim went to japan, this would be the outcome, and so i booked his flight

17) Riley Clemmons - "Headspace" --- it's giving christian girl autumn x the fault in our stars. this is a breakup song at its core and i was pretty bored. also she's kinda nasally

18) Domanique Grant - "Airbrush" --- its a beautiful song with great choreo and chorus, but its not for me luv

19) š‘²š‘°š‘¹š‘Ø - "That Would Be A Lie" --- put me in a silent disco to this song and id lose all my inhibitions... it's very dreamy and i lost myself in it. it's cutesy ^_^

20) Tessa Violet & lovelytheband - "Games" --- they wanna be the succession baseball scene so bad. i don't know 'bout y'all but the chorus really annoyed me

21) Wolf Alice - "The Last Man On Earth" --- love them so much and def a leader from their new album. ellie rowsell if you see this i'm available on thursday at 8:00 can you meet me thursday at 8:00

22) Three Days Grace - "Strange Days" --- video is giving james wan's malignant. this song brought something different to TSC. they made this in the middle of quarantine i think which gives the song more umph

23) Purple Disco Machine - "Dopamine" ft. Eyelar --- the old san junipero can't come to the phone right now... ok SO a knockoff R.O.B. from nintendo showed up and that's my smash main, too... this song was a TON of fun and definitely my kind of club music... definitely a winner

24) Ylva - "DU VIL IKKE Gƅ FRA MEG" --- this didn't do anything for me. kinda boring.

25) Twinnie - "Chasing" --- high school choirs are gonna eat this 1 up... i'm high school choirs. it's shitty pop music, but not getting any numbers honey

26) Bantug - "Don't Know What's Real" --- i couldn't understand much of what she was singing and it was kinda boring to me... next!

27) SoYou, JunggiGo - "Some" ---https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2018-10/30/13/asset/buzzfeed-prod-web-02/anigif_sub-buzz-26715-1540921121-3.gif

28) Daria Zawiałow - "Wojny i Noce" --- STOP SENDING THIS SHITE

29) SKYLE - "FLY UP HIGH" --- a nice closing act.
958 days 13 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Stefflon Don & Ms Banks - A no nonsense pussy popper to start things off? I approve. Had its foot on my neck from the start and didn't let it off.
02) The Chainsmokers - Brave, you could have put a trigger warning in the thread title or something. Meh verses, shitty Chainsmoker drop. Really nothing here I liked.
03) Yebba - Mmmm that rich tone. It's got that Bond-esque sound to it that grows on and off me, but this hit the spot for me right now.
04) RUANN - Good energy. Passable rap breakdown. Cute. Not sure I'd go back to it on my own, but didn't mind it at all.
05) Raissa - It's the way that I was so unsure if the second half was still part of the song LMFAO. The first half had me pretty hooked, the second half confused me, but it ended up being kinda pretty. Like.
06) I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME - I DONT KNOW WHAT I WAS EXPECTING BUT IT WASNT THIS. Kinda cool in spots, but mostly cheesy feeling -- like major tribute band vibes.
07) Mahalia - The instrumental and melody sounds so fucking familiar and I will not sleep until I figure it out. FDSDASFKAH MONTELL JORDAN. Anyway, I do love the early 2000's R&B vibes, but I wish she didn't sound so drowned out by the production. Overall, I like it, but still somehow felt a bit let down by it.
08) PURPLE KISS - BEYBEYBEYBEYBEYBEYBEY. 'nother cute one. Perhaps not my personal style, but not mad at it.
09) beabadoobee - I've heard people talk about her a lot but I have not checked anything out, and I suddenly don't regret it at all. Not for me whatsoever. Blah singer-songwritery stuff that has never done it for me.
10) Jose De Rico & Henry Mendez - Serving me some Baha Men vocal realness. This is hideous. <3
11) AMARA ctk100 - Ooooh hadn't listened to this since the ESCT NF. Had me in a TRANCE. Hypnotic goodness.
12) Kacey Musgraves - Not sure if more pleasant or boring. Why not both?
13) IU - Quite a bit more mature and classier sounding than the k and j-pop before it in this contest. I think I prefer it!
14) AUDREY NUNA - This was dope. I'm really into her entire vibe and Saba did what he had to do.
15) Sasha Keable, Jorja Smith - Rich tones and harmonies for days. I do wish the song was a bit MORE, but I enjoyed listening to this.
16) Hashiyasume Atsuko - This is way too happy for my ass right now (and at most times, really).
17) Riley Clemmons - Competent-ish middle of the road pop. It's not trashy enough to appeal to me and it's not GENUINELY GOOD enough to appeal to me either. Inoffensive, but I'm good.
18) Domanique Grant - HASHTAG INSTAGRAM QUEEN. I mean, it's very obviously bad, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't move a bit.
19) š‘²š‘°š‘¹š‘Ø - My head is slowly swaying and my shoulders are moving. Is it possible the blunt just hit? Sure, but this was super fucking relaxing.
20) Tessa Violet & lovelytheband - Oh this was kinda thumpin' and then I heard a man and had to fight the urge to turn it off. The production is really the only saving grace.
21) Wolf Alice - See #9. My brain is small.
22) Three Days Grace - lmfao they were still making music as of 2020? Thank you for making me feel OLD. Their music had some appeal to me when I was younger and angsty, but don't even think this one would have been my thing back in the day.
23) Purple Disco Machine - Okay but can you guys start streaming this instead of clicking on the music video because I need it for ESCT? Thanks. Funky, fresh, loose, crazy/sexy/cool. I did several Ana Golja moves to this.
24) Ylva - I was ready to be whelmed, but I actually really fuck with this. I wish there were visuals, but you can't always get what you want.
25) Twinnie - "Twee." - bibbles
"I fucking hated this." - me
26) Bantug - Relaxing, but didn't quite bring me to KIRA levels of relaxation~
27) SoYou, JunggiGo - I am really hard to sell on duets for the most part, especially if it's cutesy. I didn't hate it which is the biggest surprise for me, but it's not for me. 
28) Daria Zawiałow - I mean, I cannot pretend that this production style is still fucking great despite being overdone to death. Aside from that, it feels quite flat outside of the chorus (which I also think could have gone harder). Eh.
29) SKYLE - I had to check the comments to make sure I wasn't fucking nuts for thinking this was basically budget Adios. I mean, I'm not mad that I had to listen to it (slaps), but I'm mad FOR Everglow.
958 days 11 hours ago
Patrick319
01) Stefflon Don & Ms Banks - Can you say... legendaric. I don't know HOW I've never heard this. I would have been ALL OVER it. I love the ethnic instrumental paired with those vocals. It feels totally fresh and unique. LOVED IT.
02) The Chainsmokers - Surprisingly, I've never heard this. I don't hate The Chainsmokers, but this was pretty bad. It needed a bigger chorus to redeem the first verse. Meh.
03) Yebba - This is serving 2017 TSC realness. I'm kind of surprised that this was JUST released? It feels a bit dated and not only by TSC standards. I don't hate it though. The song certainly has some cute, quirky elements. However, it's missing 'a moment'.
04) RUANN - Not bad, but a bit too cutesy for me. Like song 3, it also feels dated. I do appreciate the drop but like I always say, I prefer my Kpop darker and grittier.
05) Raissa - I've been meaning to send her for quite some time, but with one of her older (and worse) songs. I didn't realize she had new music. This is much better than Go Fast Baby (the song I wanted to send). I definitely enjoy the vibe of this. My only problem is that the song starts to drag, and it ends up just fizzling out rather than having a satisfying conclusion. Nonetheless, decent.
06) I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME - Interesting artist title. I've never heard this, but it's pleasant. I think I was expecting something a bit bigger, but I really dig the instrumentation. Decent song.
07) Mahalia - I think I've heard this. It's a lot better than I remember. This has such an early 00's nostalgic vibe. Very enjoyable listen. I loved this.
08) PURPLE KISS - I've heard this. If we had done a Halloween themed contest this year I might have considered submitting this but that would probably have been the only circumstance you'd catch me wanting to send this. To be fair it's actually better than I remember, even if the chorus is pretty whelming. With that being said, the chorus does have an infectious quality. The 'zombie' hook is super catchy. Cool song.
09) beabadoobee - This is an artist I've never been able to get into. It's pretty haunting, but after the first minute I was pretty bored despite the instrumental kicking in. Meh.
10) Jose De Rico & Henry Mendez - DallasAndrew is back? Objectively terrible song, but it channels an era I wish I could go back to at times. This was a nostalgia factory. BOP BOP BOP.
11) AMARA ctk100 - I like this, but I don't love it as much as others. I appreciate the vibe, but I actually wish the song was a bit crazier. It kind of loses steam by the 1:30 mark despite the song not even being a full three minutes. It's good though.
12) Kacey Musgraves - I've heard this. I've never listened to Kacey until recently, but I've randomly fallen in love with this song. The instrumental is so pleasing to me. I love the addition of synths. The music video is kind of random but funny. Loved this bop.
13) IU - I heard this when it first came out and wasn't overly impressed by it. I'm still not keen. I really like her delicate vocal, but the song is a bit boring. The chorus doesn't do much for me either. Meh.
14) AUDREY NUNA - This artist has been sitting in my recommended section for ages but I never give her the time of day. This is fine, but feels a bit style over substance at times. I wish the song had a stronger melody because I felt like this could have been really good. It feels a bit half-baked for the genre. It's fine.
15) Sasha Keable, Jorja Smith - I've heard this and struggled to get into it. I feel the same way after listening to it again now. The vocals are gorgeous, but the song doesn't do anything for me.
16) Hashiyasume Atsuko - This is pretty messy as expected. It has some enjoyable bits, but the song doesn't really go anywhere. It definitely starts to drag.
17) Riley Clemmons - BOP BOP BOP. I kind of needed this. This contest was missing a basic white girlie. The verses are nothing special, but the chorus is going to DEVOUR my life for the next week. Definitely on the good side of your typical Discover Weekly track.
18) Domanique Grant - I love her aesthetic, but the song is nowhere near as good as I had hoped. It feels like an awkward blend of different genres and ideas. Not a fan, sadly.
19) š‘²š‘°š‘¹š‘Ø - I've been SO into Wanna Go Back recently. That was a massively underrated bop. Naturally, I've been meaning to send If It Makes You Feel Better. That would have been an instant 12, but this is really good too. The chorus isn't as catchy as her other songs, but the vibes are there. I love the ethereal quality to it. This is great.
20) Tessa Violet & lovelytheband - Oh, this is bad. Her vocal is pretty grating, and the song felt generic. I didn't care for the male vocal either. Not a fan.
21) Wolf Alice - This is getting penalized how sad. I've been meaning to send Smile or Lipstick on the Glass for MONTHS now. Both of those would have been instant 12s from me. To be honest, I didn't even realize the album charted. This is objectively good but feels like a bit too much of a non-event for most of the song. The ending is good though. I'm glad the song had a moment.
22) Three Days Grace - LMAO I really like this. Strange world. I think it's the nostalgia kicking in. This has a mid-00's punk rock vibe with a bit more grit. Not bad.
23) Purple Disco Machine - This feels like a winner. I'm not massively into it, but it's good. I was hoping for a better chorus, but it's passable. I've been less inclined toward songs like this recently which would explain why I'm not as enamored by it. I was kind of over it by the end of the second chorus. It's fine.
24) Ylva - I appreciate the unexpected R&B vibe, but the song is just fine. I enjoyed it for what it was.
25) Twinnie - Riley Clemmons did the basic white girl thing better. This had too much of a country twinge that I couldn't stand.
26) Bantug - This is serving ethereal Spotify playlist realness. I'm definitely into this, but probably not as much as others. Her vocal becomes a bit grating as the song progresses. The chorus was unexpected fun. I enjoyed this.
27) SoYou, JunggiGo - Not my brand of Kpop. The song is a bit too cutesy, and the melody doesn't interest me.
28) Daria Zawiałow - This feels a bit busy from her vocal to the production. I wish it sounded cleaner because I do think there's a good song hidden there somewhere. Feels like a case of style over substance. I'm not as into it as much as I thought I would be.
29) SKYLE - WHAT IN THE STARBE?? My ears won't stop bleeding. This might be the worst song of the week. LMAO THE CHORUS....... I hope Everglow have their lawyers ready. I've never heard a more apparent case of PLAGIARISM. I'm actually shocked. I'm stanning ironically even if the song is dreadful.
958 days 10 hours ago
Lemjam6
01) Stefflon Don & Ms Banks - I preferred the music/instrumentals to the singing but it did give me fun island vibes
02) The Chainsmokers - Iconic I do stan the chainsmokers and saw them in concert. This song isn't special it's definitely not one of their best, but it's still pretty catchy and cute they do know how to produce bops.
03) Yebba - Hm, I'm torn between hating and loving this, but I think I love it. It has like a twang to it, but her voice is very good and I find myself stanning this song. It's hard to explain.
04) RUANN - Absolutely terrible, no.
05) Raissa - This was like a mix of dark and upbeat and it didn't flow well together for me. Pick a side and stick with it.
06) I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME - Okay this is different and fun. Very light and sounds like a track that would play in the back of a cheesy movie, but I loved it.
07) Mahalia - This isn't bad she kinda snapped here. Her face like bothered me for some reason but this did have like early 2000s r&b vibes something I'd hear in like GTA or something. I kinda stan.
08) PURPLE KISS - OK I hate kpop but kind of a bop this was upbeat and fun and had me moving.
09) beabadoobee - okay this is so mellow and pretty to me i am obsessed, very relaxing but cute and enjoyable
10) Jose De Rico & Henry Mendez - Wow another spanish male entry that we get every week that continues to deliver nothing. I'm bored.
11) AMARA ctk100 - Weird, I hate this, but for some reason I see this doing well because it's edgy and different. Literally trash.
12) Kacey Musgraves - I like Kacey, but I'm not obsessed with her like others. I think this song is probably my favorite on the album, it's a bop I'm sorry about it. There's something about it that just pulls me in. Good instrumentals, cute lyrics, but also has emotional vibes to it. Bop.
13) IU - Okay this was alright...not totally my thing. Definitely second best of the three kpop songs so far, but this one definitely sounds a bit more unique and well produced.
14) AUDREY NUNA - This song really falls flat to me until the guy takes over and his part kinda slaps so hard??? Iconic. Too bad the girl is so fucking boring until he comes in and saves her and resurrects the song.  I stan Saba.
15) Sasha Keable, Jorja Smith - Really pretty voices, the song was a tad boring and couldn't totally get into it, but I liked the voices and their looks a lot.
16) Hashiyasume Atsuko - Okay this was just strange and all over the place like wtf no. So messy.
17) Riley Clemmons - Mediocre white pop that people will pretend to be good, but has no lasting impact. We get at least one every week. Cute and poppy, but nothing special.
18) Domanique Grant - Okay I really like this. First of all, queen. I love her hair, but this song really was so good to me. Very smooth and totally hit. Super catchy. I stan so hard.
19) š‘²š‘°š‘¹š‘Ø - Okay the second this came on I knew this was a bop. I love the instrumentals, the chorus is really good I was so into it. Super fun.
20) Tessa Violet & lovelytheband - Okay I actually liked this, their voices kinda went well together in my opinion. It isn't a stand out and kinda sounds like a radio hit, but I liked it.
21) Wolf Alice - Her voice gave me chills. So pretty and chilling, I absolutely love this. It' has such a dark vibe, but it's really pretty.
22) Three Days Grace - I'm so bored. Basic rock song that I feel like I've heard so many times. Meh.
23) Purple Disco Machine - Okay this was really fun. I was definitely dancing to this, a bop. I like so many songs this week I hope I don't forget this. Not one of my faves, but definitely solid. Just a bit basic though.
24) Ylva - Such a pretty voice, there's something about this song that just pulls me in and the chorus snaps. Stan.
25) Twinnie - Basic, sounds like a cringey radio song I would despise after a few listens. Neg.
26) Bantug - Sounds very dated, I was just bored while listening to this. Really like could have put me asleep just gave me nothing.
27) SoYou, JunggiGo - I kinda stanned the music video it was like watching a show...but the song I did not care about.
28) Daria Zawiałow - This is a shit show. There's just too much going on and it's a complete mess. Awful.
29) SKYLE - Okay there is wayyyyyyy too much kpop this week and once again this one was a complete mess. Like I just can't anymore. What a way to end the contest. This was a trip. But no. Kinda funny though LOL I'm starting to unironically stan. I'm like writing this while listening and the more I listen...I kinda start to stan. It's just all over the place.
958 days 8 hours ago
turkeylover
sorry if i don't point your song .... this week was too good </3

01) Stefflon Don & Ms Banks - yeah iā€™m moving yasss itā€™s a bop methinks!
02) The Chainsmokers - No like I want to knowā€¦. Do the people who send chainsmokers giggle to themselves when they respond to the mailer with this shit? Do they think theyā€™re so funny?? That they invented trolling in tsc??? Like I want to know what their thought process is.
03) Yebba - Well! This was kinda cute in a country southern girlboss revenge flick way but then she started squealing in the chorus and I muted the song <3 she tried!
04) RUANN - Yeah...YEAH. this is so girly gorgeous cuteā€¦ i love itā€¦.  Like yassss hello this is ruann yassssssssssssssssssss
05) Raissa - No because I originally thought this wasnā€™t gonna top her wsc entry but this is actually so good yassss i love itā€¦. Raissa queen of pop methinks mefears
06) I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME - Oh noā€¦. I thinkā€¦ i thinkā€¦ i liā€¦ i likeā€¦. I like thisā€¦ thereā€™s something christmas romcom about this like yes i am zoey deschanel watching some guy in a band who doesnā€™t believe in the christmas spirit so itā€™s up to me to show him the true meaning of christmas while falling for him yasssbjkdhfiugfyugyugfyfg BOP omg :(... iā€™m sorry to all my friends but i canā€™t make this not bopā€¦
07) Mahalia - the audio quality is sending a bit sbvyfvgfvfyhfg but yassss this is so gorg ! the music videoā€¦ itā€™s giving... itā€™s giving bratz reboot hbo max make it happen rn!
08) PURPLE KISS - outsold those shit disney channel movies yasssss this is bops a lot!! Soy good.
09) beabadoobee - oh no music video? Inch restingā€¦ but yasss i will always have time for these 2000s pop rock indie music or whatever it isā€¦ i really need to get into her discography because i have yet to be disappointed by what iā€™ve heard from her ! yasssssssss
10) Jose De Rico & Henry Mendez - no because the music started and i immediately started moving yasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss this trashy summer hitā€¦ i need them collab with isabella lovestory asapā€¦ like do you guys see the vision???? I do and itā€™s breathtakingā€¦ bop!
11) AMARA ctk100 - yasss just kidding has been in my tsc list for awhile ! but this is kinda better yassss bop ! so goodā€¦. Yeahā€¦
12) Kacey Musgraves - Maybe i was too quick to write off miss kacey mustygraves because this is kinda serving?? Like a little subtle gorg serveā€¦ and the little acting pause was so fierce?? Like that one girl deserves an emmyā€¦ oh thereā€™s another acing pauseā€¦ you know what? I love them yassss
13) IU - god this is so gorg omgā€¦. But also girly cuteā€¦. I love it duygdfgfbjffuhuf why is every song this week so goodā€¦
14) AUDREY NUNA - the motorcycle crashbddhufgufihfofbiufufhfuf but yassss this is so gorg too ugh bop! And saba kinda ate yassss
15) Sasha Keable, Jorja Smith - this is cute! I kinda like expected more? But i did yasss a bit when it picked up !
16) Hashiyasume Atsuko - LMFAHBHJVDVFFVIYFBYFGBFYFBYF now this is camp!!!!! she really does have the best music i fearā€¦
17) Riley Clemmons - yass a little basic white pop girl serve! Itā€™s nothing too special but yeah! Cute!
18) Domanique Grant - #INSTAGRAMQUEEN YASSSSSSSS this is so bad but so goodā€¦ yeahā€¦. Yeahā€¦ i unironically love this i fearā€¦
19) š‘²š‘°š‘¹š‘Ø - this is so good dhdygdyufgyufgfff iā€™m kinda in love i fearā€¦ yasssssssssssss š‘²š‘°š‘¹š‘Ø saved my life !
20) Tessa Violet & lovelytheband - LOVES THE MV YASSSSSSUGYDGDBDJVFYUHBFYH but thank god this song is kinda bad-... oh noā€¦. This isnā€™t *that* badā€¦ i may like thisā€¦maybe itā€™s the music video tricking me into the thinking itā€™s good- oh the guy started singing nevermind crisis averted yass bad song yasss
21) Wolf Alice - ohā€¦ this is stun i fearā€¦. I love the 2nd half ugh so goodā€¦ i canā€™t handle anymore serves
22) Three Days Grace - thank god this song is bad <3 sorry bibbles ! but yassbdgfgfff
23) Purple Disco Machine - Iā€™m a little disappointed with thisā€¦ thatā€™s a lie iā€™m actually disappointed a lotā€¦ I just expected so much moreā€¦ this is just cute!
24) Ylva - iā€™m bopping a bit i fearā€¦ this is a little gorg bopā€¦ sheā€™s giving yasss
25) Twinnie - well. Forever grateful for the tscers that sent bad songs to make voting easier this week <3
26) Bantug - The chorus started and dhgyufvyigeuifgbuifgfuigfuig BOPPP omgā€¦. So good. I love it. I need her and avalon lurks on a track asap !!
27) SoYou, JunggiGo - Ugh soy cuteā€¦.. Yeah this is just so cute and like feel goodā€¦ yeah. Kinda like a hugā€¦ i would watch the hell out of this romcomā€¦
28) Daria Zawiałow - her wsc entry was better and maybe iā€™m being biased since i slayed with her in wsc but yeah! This is cute though yassss bops a bit etc!!!
29) SKYLE - so messy <3 and not in the fun enjoyable way eitherā€¦ just bad.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!