This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 447 Final

Topic » TSC 447 Final

1022 days 16 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
24) KNOWER - "Things About You"
1022 days 16 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
25) Gunnar Gehl - "Dance Alone"
1022 days 16 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
26) K.ZIA - "Mon Mood"
1022 days 16 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
27) Taylor Castro - "Avoiding Me?"
1022 days 15 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
All 27 songs have been posted!

You have until 2:30pm EST on Sunday, July 25, to post your comments and vote for your favourite songs!

Good luck everybody!

-M1chelle
1022 days 15 hours ago
Alexeh23
thanks m1chelle
1022 days 13 hours ago
varlto
01) PONGO: immediately excited to see pongo in the running order. this is DEFINITELY NOT uwa but like i cant not move... kinda bop... im not amazed but like ugh shes a queen what can i SAY
02) John K: that was a JUMPSCARE please never do that again tscers... anyways i do LIKE his voice but this song is simply vile i cant IMAGINE sending it no no no this is WRONG it doesnt sit right with me it DOESNT
03) CHVRCHES: i cant LIE i looooorv this... the moment it started and her voice started sounding i was like YUPPUYPUPYPYUP yep chvrches you did it im SOOOO proud! end the haters!
04) Static and Ben El: i can't say im not moving cause i AM! i dont think i can point this based on my morals yall UNDERSTAND IT but i cant make it not bop... a very fun listen.
05) Sarah Reeves: awwww first song so far i really didnt care for :( i actually think i dont like it, i believe its super basic and has been done several times before in such a waaaaay better way ;( she has the potential though! give us some christian bops sarah!
06) KINGDOM: when this started i thought it was going to be bad, then it started to build up and it got me SOOO INTRIGUED and then it kicked off... in the worst way possible. i was right. my first impressions are ALWAYS right. not for me sadly !
07) Nemahsis: this was very beautiful. gorgeous if i may. the thing is that i dont think it has much replay value??? i still find it very beautiful thats for sure but if i had to say a flaw about it then that would be it! gorg tho.
08) Keiynan Lonsdale: yeah no... actually this song is the only one so far that made me consider SKIPPING! it was a bit cringy in some ways and i hope i never have to listen to it again!!! not for me no no no!!
09) Joy Crookes: oh wow i get why people are so mad they lost their clickrace to this... cause its winning... what a BOWPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP i really loved this. amazing. gorgeous i think. go off JOY CROOKES! SAY HER NAME!
10) The Debris: i sadly feel like this could have gone another way. i don't think it is for me at all, it just feels plain and not innovative. im not surprised and definitely not pleased with this song i fear!!!!
11) Shay Lia: i definitely appreciate this! i really like it actually but kinda was expecting more? dont get me wrong i loooove it but im a bit disappointed. still, expect *most probably* points from me! ;)
12) Loren Gray: ok SO i wasnt expecting much from white girlie loren gray but i was positively surprised. she DELIVERED! its obviously not a piece of art but we should all APPRECIATE it and say it's GOOD! VERY GOOD ACTUALLY!
13) Sharktank: oh this is amazing. right up my alley. the guy is just amazing and the girls voice is enchanting. im amazed. i wish this was like 10 minutes longer cause i could listen to this all day and repeat it non stop! bowp!
14) Syd: ok so i honestly didnt care much for this until that guitar solo... WHAT WAS THAT?!?!?!? THAT WAS LITERALLY AMAZING IT SAVED MY LIFE... LIKE... i might only give this points cause of that part because it was GORGEOUS and im saying it: G O R G E O U S
15) KAYE: as some people in the lp said, and i agree with them, this was all over the place! i was just confused while listening to this piece and i feel like i just couldnt get into it. also i have to add that her voice was definitely not the type of voice i enjoy. meh!
16) Normani: i do like this. is it AMAZING A PIECE OF ART THE BEST THING EVER CREATED? no. but i like it. nothing else has to be said!
17) Jidenna: i started off looving this but the more we got into it the less i enjoyed it? it got super repetitive super fast and im so sad to say it but i dont think i like it anymore ;(
18) Magdalena Bay: again im not COMPLETELY SURE about this one but the last part was definitely SOLID. like VERY GOOD. like AMAZING. like a MASTERPIECE. like PERFECTION. you get it.
19) U.S. Girls: not for me.
20) Olivia Dean: this is undeniably super pretty. very solid. sadly i didnt fully connect with it like i did witht he last song that was sent by her. olivia dean is an amazing artist and i hope she gets the recognition she deserves very soon!
21) ARTY: this is the vilest edm song ive heard in a while! almost as vile as sick individuals!
22) BURNS: the mans part OUTSOLD the womans part by miiles. still, i do not think this will be enough for this week taking into account this is one of the best weeks EVORRRR! bop after bop!
23) Keisha Shadè: oh i was rlly expecting to looove keisha shade` but i just couldnt???? like idk anymore maybe im just TIRED or not in the right MOOD but i could not get into this song at all.
24) KNOWER: for this one i am just confused hah !
25) Gunnar Gehl: you dont understand how completely bored i was through this song. i was thoroughly exhausted. no no no!
26) K.ZIA: now this is gorgeous. SEE GIRLIES? this is how you do it. and then french lyrics come on?? awww the language of LOOOVEEEEE. caus eypeeuyepeypepyey im in love w this.
27) Taylor Castro: that was a bad ending for a very good week!
1022 days 13 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) PONGO - Uwa aged like milk the moment I lost that clickrace duh. This isn’t as good as Uwa but kinda popped off. She did what she came here to do etc etc. It had some really great parts but wasn’t the most cohesive end product. I don’t think I’ll listen to it again but go off mom! I love her energy sm.
02) John K - I always do respect the TikTok song hustle… he tried to get his coin and I respect him for that. I don’t necessarily hate this sound when it’s done well/is catchy/has something to make it stand out but apart from the jumpscare sample at the start this did nothing for me. Meh.
03) CHVRCHES - I was kinda not expecting this to be very good even though I usually like them? But this actually was good… it’s nothing new from them and it’s nowhere near their best but the chorus does slap. Yeah it’s good, reminds me a LOT of Dagny’s Love You Like That in the chorus if you get it you get it. Bop.
04) Static and Ben El - God I don’t think I’ve ever been so conflicted on a song LMFAO. Parts of this are SO good and parts are awful. Leaning towards a toot, it was definitely better than I was expecting anyway.
05) Sarah Reeves - The Venn diagram of Christian worship music and Poundland radio music is a circle. This was FINE, it was serviceable, it did the bare minimum and little else. Didn’t hate it, didn’t like it, didn’t really feel any kind of emotion I just wanted a bit more from it. Flour.
06) KINGDOM - This was just… really messy? I feel like that’s a theme so far… lots of songs that have some really gorgeous elements but don’t come together at all. The chorus was a big letdown the first time around but it grew on me the second time. I was overwhelmed and like that’s better than being underwhelmed (cough Sarah) but like… in this case it still wasn’t good.
07) Nemahsis - This has been in my YT recommended for weeks but I never clicked… let’s see if that was a good decision. Well her voice is gorgeous! The song was cute I guess, it has a nice message and it’s pretty, definitely the kinda thing I would’ve been more into a couple of years ago. Really pleasant though I’m not mad at this at all.
08) Keiynan Lonsdale - I really did try to give this a chance because when it started I was like… is this really good or really bad??? Is it really bad or is it just art that people aren’t quite comprehending? But by the end I think I just landed on this being bad. Another song that had _some_ good parts to it but just… didn’t come together as a whole for me. Sorry gay ppl!
09) Joy Crookes - This is good! Is it giant clickrace send everyone into despair good? Perhaps not… but yeah it’s good I guess I GET why people were going for it. I’m like not stanning as much as I maybe should be even though it’s GOOD and I should be loving this I usually adore this kinda thing. Have I said it’s good? It’s good!
10) The Debris - Not my kinda rock sorry! I might’ve liked this a bit more with a different vocal but just… not my thing I don’t have anything else to say. Good for the girls that enjoy this though!
11) Shay Lia - THE SAMPLE LMFAOOO SHE ATE JOHN K UP!! This took me out but also slayed me I really did love this the verses felt so unique and bouncy and fresh all at the same time I loooved it. Kinda incredible actually, innovation, inspiration, take notes everyone else.
12) Loren Gray - When this started I was annoyed that she wasn’t really giving much but the more it went on the more I felt like that actually kinda worked? Like it does nothing new it brings NOTHING to the table but it does it so flawlessly?? This grew on me a lot as it went on she’s serving I’m kinda living.
13) Sharktank - Oh this was so good at the start but the white woman really killed my buzz I’m upset. His parts are really good, excellence, etc. and I don’t think I’d necessarily dislike the chorus if it was its own song but it just doesn’t work here for me. :( I’m annoyed I have to add this to the growing pile of “really good parts but a mess overall”.
14) Syd - This week is so frustrating so far there are so many songs that are like ALMOST completely gorgeous but juuust miss the mark. I think the mixing was off on this one like the drum beat was so loud in my ears it covered up everything else that was so stunning. I wanted to love this SO BAD but like I don’t think I could listen again it bugged me too much.
15) KAYE - FINALLY SOME PERFECTION WAS IT SO DIFFICULT?? This was stunning her voice the vibe she’s so ahead of her time I fear. Yeah I’m kinda obsessed with this actually it’s SOOO good it’s so weird but so good I love. She did so much and she did it all flawlessly.
16) Normani - Lol at this being sent but like… I can’t make the music not bop. Gorgeous stunning and much needed well-rounded excellence in this week. I’m not obsessed with it but like I know a bop when I hear one and that’s what I’m hearing I think she ate. IT’S MY DICK AND I WANT IT NOW.
17) Jidenna - This was alright! It was cool, I don’t think it’s gonna stay with me but like it was cool. Not sure it got quite the right balance of laid back like it’s not chill enough for it to be that kinda bop but wasn’t boppy enough to be THAT kinda bop either. Just in the middle a bit. Cute!
18) Magdalena Bay - LMAO this kinda ended CHVRCHES? This felt very Grimes without being… Grimes (which is a good thing). It was a slow build but when the chorus finally hit it HIT. Yeah this is really really good, definitely a contender and I can’t be mad it deserves it. This just KEPT getting better it was incredible.
19) U.S. Girls - Another slay this week is finally GIVING. It’s not as good as Mad As Hell and as a result I’m assuming TSC will drag it endlessly but I really like this, such a classic feeling bop. Come on 90s gays get that TV series! Bop.
20) Olivia Dean - ok prepare yourselves because this is the only part of this comment im writing in lower case because THIS FUCKING SONGGGGGGGGGGGG THE MOST ALEXEH BAIT TO HAVE EVER ALEXEH BAITED I THINK?? HER VOICE??? THE PIANO??? THE BUILD??? EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS IS JUST SO GORGEOUS I CAN’T COPE… ON PAR WITH THE HARDEST PART AND THAT’S SUCH. A HIGH. BAR. IF TSC DOES THIS DIRTY YOU PEOPLE WILL NOT BE SEEING HEAVEN AND THAT IS A PROMISE!!!
21) ARTY - That title was TERRIFYING. This wasn’t rly my thing which I’m sure you were expecting! It wasn’t awful for EDM though I will give it that! Don’t be expecting points or anything though. <3
22) BURNS - Throws this onto the “partially good but would never listen again” pile whatever. Sabrina sounds gorgeous and the sax part was great, but too much filler in the middle. It was fine but I wasn’t moving.
23) Keisha Shadè - LMFAO this was kinda funny but naur I wasn’t into this as a genuine song sorry. <3 Take out the random Adele namedrop and it’s your run of the mill Discover Weekly song. Fine.
24) KNOWER - LMAO MOM???? This was all over the place but in such a good way I can’t deal I’m losing my mind. This is so good like the fusion of genres here just WORKED it was entertaining but like not a comedy entry it was just fun and entertaining and a serve.
25) Gunnar Gehl - Not this musical clickbait you’re not getting me with your bisexual lighting today white man! Maybe this is for some ppl but it’s not for me sorry this sound is just really dated for me and needs something special to push it over the edgy, this did not have it.
26) K.ZIA - Oh the garage influences gorgeousssss absolutely. Her voice gorgeoussss absolutely. THE LANGUAGE OF LUVVV ABSOLUTELYYYY. So pretty so bouncy so smooth so gorgeous I have no complaints there are no faults she DELIVERED.
27) Taylor Castro - This sent me until the song actually kicked in and it hit me that people might actually enjoy this unironically a la Drew Sycamore a la YUQI and now I’m terrified. Evil kill it etc why is the bar so LOW.
1022 days 2 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
I just got carried away and smoked the fattest of blunts, so I figure now is the perfect time to do this. Missed you, listening party. I will attempt to assign each song a Tiffany "New York" Pollard quote. There is about a 75 percent chance that I don't continue this throughout, so I hope if you wanted a quote, you're early in the running order, babes.

01) PONGO - I fucking love these COLORS SHOW performances. They're always so raw and (almost) always deliver and this was no different. She made her presence known immediately, so you are the classic: "NEW YORK IS IN THE MOTHERFUCKIN' HOUSE!"
02) John K - I'll only allow Akon to sample this, thank you very much. Other than that travesty, I KINDA vibe to it because it's a male r&b track. Ultimately, I'm a bit torn on it. You are: "I don't know! I'm not psychic!"
03) CHVRCHES - I like the chorus quite a bit. I drifted off a bit during the verses, though. It's... cute. Of course, that means you are: "She's a cute girl. You know, cute next to gorgeous... gorgeous is gonna, you know, devour cute."
04) Static and Ben El - This production absolutely thumps, but I'm pretty unsure about the first guys vocal, it's a BIT grating. I'd say they're a loud pack of idiot bitches, but the other guy is smooth. Ultimately, the best part of it was (Prod. by Jordy), but it's annoyingly fun. Very in-your-face, so you are: "You're like a wolf in sheeps clothing, I'm not. I'm the fucking wolf. You see me coming."
05) Sarah Reeves - The verses are a little boring, but that chorus absolutely HITS. Already know Darbe is living for this 7/10 song with lighting that goes both ways.

**********************EDITORS NOTE******************

This is the point where I didn't have a quote that immediately came to mind and I kinda just wanted to listen to the music so please don't hate me if you don't get a quote. Sarah Reeves, you're causing all of this!

06) KINGDOM - I liked the build-up to the first chorus, but what I got from there was a bit of a disappointment. Bonus points for outros week.
07) Nemahsis - The vocal is Monique Heart STUNNIIIIING. I'm not sure I'd go back to this often, but for a potentially one-time-only listen, this was really nice. Emotionally on point, too.
08) Keiynan Lonsdale - I know this is gonna come off as homophobic, but I kinda vibed to it before it got gay (also: bad) in the chorus. Feel like I could be into this if it was executed better. On the bright side, you WILL be getting a quote! You are: "You look like a fairy princess... that resides over the pits of Hell."
09) Joy Crookes - This is a whole ass vibe. Gorgeous. I suspect this could get clickrace jealousy against it, but I didn't know of its existence until literal minutes ago, so I don't care about that. Do I look like I give a fuck? Because I don't.
10) The Debris - Those opening riffs are so familiar and I can't place it for the life of me. Anyway, I didn't really care for it, but you already knew that. <3
11) Shay Lia - lmfao the Junior Senior sample. I actually had to listen to this twice because I was SO thrown by the sample. I actually thought I was leaning towards dislike, but I'm glad I gave it a chance, because it ultimately WORKS. With that in mind, I don't apologize because I never make... you know... mistakes.
12) Loren Gray - Weirdly, I don't think this really excelled in any area, yet I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not GAGGED by it, but I do wish you an ounce of luck, since I do think this is safe and strong enough to contend.
13) Sharktank - The start of this legit made me think this was an immediately 12 point contender for me. The production slapped. The man came in with a delivery that is very much my thing. The woman was an instant buzzkill and changed the entire direction of the song for me.
14) Syd - The sound and visuals to this made me really wish I was a lesbian. Syd's so good. Also smashed the guitar solo. The only bitch I respect.
15) KAYE - It's a bit hodgepodg-... scattered, but I respect this a lot. There's parts of this that I really loved and parts that were complete misses.
16) Normani - I hate that this is here, but I love that this is here... yaknow? Normani absolutely never skimps on giving us visuals and choreo and obviously the song is v good too. Your mind is so powerful.
17) Jidenna - Oh honey, I don't know if TSC will get it, but I absolutely do. You are: https://twitter.com/findurmeme/status/1155249373980139520?s=20 If you know, you know.
18) Magdalena Bay - Good and dark. The pacing was my only real concern during it, but I ended up really liking it as a whole.
19) U.S. Girls - Ballsy and interesting choice, but at the end of the day, it's just really not my thang. Groovy, but it just doesn't click for me.
20) Olivia Dean - She sounds gawjusssss. Piano ballads aren't really my thing unless it's Molly Sterling (okurrrr). It's undeniably gorg, but I'm pretty certain I wouldn't go back to it at THIS stage in my life.
21) ARTY - I would have been super into this a few years ago. The old me is dead and gone. It's all very listenable, but doesn't excite me at all.
22) BURNS - omg thank you donald trump for freeing A$AP Rocky so this could be entered into TSC 447! It was weird hearing him on this production, but I really moved.
23) Keisha Shadè - Wanted to like this more than I did. Slight movement, but pretty run-of-the-mill overall.
24) KNOWER - This MAY have done better with me if it was earlier on in the running order when I was super high and still in the mood to listen to TSC songs and write comments and such. Alas, a hot mess, mawma.
25) Gunnar Gehl - On one hand, as much as I don't really CARE for the song, it's kinda nice in parts and mostly inoffensive for what it could have been. However, his hair styling IS offensive.
26) K.ZIA - Ooh, this put me back in the mood to listen to TSC again, unfortunately it's the last song! Great closer.
1022 days 2 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
27) Taylor Castro - Hahaha was just avoiding you, silly! Also, this was really bad.
1021 days 15 hours ago
Slice
TW:
09) Joy Crookes - "Feet Don't Fail Me Now"

not trigger warning: joy crookes
1021 days 10 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
01) PONGO - duh of course i'm contractually obligated to back this pennytrationstan alumni. and this is genuinely a lot of fun! i do think her energy + performance elevates what would otherwise be just another afrobeat bop. she's got the hennessey!
02) John K - the collective repulsion in the lp when that sample started playing LMAO. i feel like there's an audience for this in TSC but i'm not a part of it. his vocal is not BAD but the song unfortunately felt incredibly uninspired and boring. not my thing i guess.
03) CHVRCHES - BOOOOOOOOO. everyone in the audience YAWNED, give these men UP. like others have pointed out, the chorus is easily the highlight, with l*uren's shrill vocals complimenting the punchy synthy instrumental. verses are kinda meh but overall, u win chvrches. this is good, and i am warming up to it on repeated listens! please stop making music.
04) Static and Ben El - the opening production bit scared me with its resemblance to "i'm an albatroz", but the song thankfully didn't go down that route. this is cute actually! this would definetly get grating after a couple of listens and i don't think i'd ever seek it out on my own BUT i might move if it's playing in the background. kinda fun actually!
05) Sarah Reeves - this weasel has been living in the bottom of my (long) tsc potentials playlist for like a year? and yeah there's a reason i've never sent it LOL. the chorus admittedly slightly tugs my wig a lil with every listen, but the whole song just feels kind of like a non-event? i still have mixed feelings on this song to this day honestly, but we'll leave it at................. (tw: c-word) cute!
06) KINGDOM - from the moment this started i just had a gut feeling that this wasn't gonna hit for me and yeah, sadly that's the case. it felt soooooo long but it did so little, this just felt so unfocused and corny. i didn't feel a single thing while listening to this honestly.
07) Nemahsis - this on the other hand just felt incredibly short LOL. cute though! could've definetly used a bridge and a final chorus but it's 2021 and we don't do those anymore so it's FINE. not necessarily my thing but as is? pretty decent actually.
08) Keiynan Lonsdale - i do believe keiynan lonsdale deciding to lock himself in a studio and decide to start making unwarranted music was an act of god punishing the human race. one isaac dunbar is bad enough and now there's two of them???? i heard "gay street fighter" in advance and while that song is genuinely hilarious (some might say it was camp!), this is just really atrocious but like... in a really dull way? i do want to root for her cause she's CUTE but bad musicality never wins. i feel like in theory there was potential here but this has to be one of the most appalling songs i've heard in TSC thus far. sorry @KeiynanSender. :(
09) Joy Crookes - have... have you ever been struck by lightning? no, bear with me here. the moment i heard this for the first time i was in awe. the second the "i'm keeping up appearances" bit hit, i was gagged. i was SURE it was sampling something because it just felt so incredibly nostalgic, like an ode to early 00s rnb/soul throwbacks of the 60s, something amy winehouse would've put out in the middle of her "back to black" era. the lyrics specially hit hard too with just how raw they are and overall it's just such a perfectly crafted song, i don't really have the vocabulary to go in depth on this but out of all the rnb soul throwback style songs sent to TSC this year so far (see: amber mark, ambar lucid), this is undoubtedly my favorite. zero points.
10) The Debris - yeahhhh, like others have said before, i'm also a stupid gay man who likes pop music only made by women with overly produced vocals. not an outright bad song, there were aspects i could appreciate but it's just not my style. specially the vocals. sighs in dumb gay man. hugs the sender, i hope they understand.
11) Shay Lia - lmaooo i literally listened to her EP last week, my mind. i don't think i'm familiar with the song this samples, which is probably for the best (read: normani). but yeah this is a lot of fun! i've liked everything i heard from this and this has to be one of her more instant songs. up to par with her gorgeous entry from last year i'd say, easy breezy covergirl. summer ready and playlisted, u go shay lia!
12) Loren Gray - i remember enjoying this a bit on the listening party but somewhere along the lines this woman managed to have a chokehold on my cortex... i love everything about this LMAO. the chorus is SUCH an earworm and the production is very much so up my alley. it's not doing anything new, but it's doing a lot RIGHT. loren is incredibly hit or miss (can't do it slaps, the rest were kind of all misses. alone was cute tho) but this is by far the best thing she's ever done. love u jessica simpson!!!!!!! is this chicken what i have... or is it fish?
13) Sharktank - i love st vincent just as much as the next gay man but her doppelganger did NOT need to interrupt this song like that. the song really picks up everytime the men are doing their thing, but overall this popsssssssss. i feel like i could get used to the w*man chorus after a while but the parts that do work absolutely work.
14) Syd - syd??? the sapphic songstress behind "body", that syd??? turn UP the sound. let's get the nitpicks out of the way: one, fuck the cutscene with the man, giving sharktank woman energy, LOSER. second, the drums are kinda off, giving fl studio 9 kit. BUT WHO CARESSSS HELLO???? this is really good and maybe i'm just saying that because of the guitar solo but who cares the GUITAR SOLO. MHM. genuinely a really solid and smooth song, syd has never missed for me.
15) KAYE - i might be an intellectual in training, but ya girl got rejected from miami school of medicine. i am NOT that smart. i definetly did not get this on a first listen and figured it could grow on me with repeated listens... and it sort of did? it's very all over the place and i'm definetly not living like my way smarter twins... but it was... c-cute? even then a LOT was happening. to echo what Fritzyyyyy said, there were parts of this i was into and others that were huge misses.
16) Normani - how nice of normani to re-release one of aaliyah's old singles so i could actually listen to it on streaming services <33333. yeah this is literally "one in a million" to a TEE (i know it's a sample but it's basically the same song regardless). but to be FAIR i really like that song, so obviously i like this. very chillaxxxxed and moisturizing, i'm not in love with it but normani going "ddududu" is one of my favorite soundbites of the year. cardi shouldn't be in this song on paper, but her verse eats.
17) Jidenna - is jidenna free thursday night? i had a fear this would start to grate on me halfway through but thankfully it ended just before i'd turn on it. kinda verging on monotone but overall a super nice, easy, covergirl listen and maybe i DID playlist it. trade of the season.
18) Magdalena Bay - CHVRCHES found DEAD. i skimmed through this a few weeks ago and sadly did NOT hear that amazing synth breakdown near the climax of the song, so i just wrote it off as magdalena bay making another magdalena bay song. but this is good! i do think it gets a while to get going, which is a shame because i'm not as invested in this as i want to be, but then once the production kicks in and starts elevating... ah. *chef's kiss*. i feel like if it was more cohesive i would kind of adore it, but it's magdalena bay. very hit or miss, so i'll just take what i can get. good song!
19) U.S. Girls - unrelated sort of but i will never forget being in awe of M.A.H. twice for it to NQ twice in the same TSC year. that was a classic, that was a chart topper. ganghandedcat commented that this song sounds tailor made for a 90s sitcom starring two gay men who just bought an apartment down in west hollywood following their very gay shenanigans, and i agree in the best way possible. meg just excels at the soul and funk vibes. the unedited spotify version is a lot better than the edit but i'll take what i can get. YOUCANDOALOTWITHFOURAMERICANDOLLARS
20) Olivia Dean - they definetly taught this at miami school of medicine. unfortunately i never got enrolled :( obviously this is good though. not my thing in THEORY but her emotion and the melody really carry this for me. not sure if it's something i'd point or listen on my own volition but i definetly do see the appeal.
21) ARTY - the music video definetly made me hate this a lot more than it should have. giving it a FAIR chance and listening to it w/o the visual... yeah i mean, something something not my thing, there'll be an audience for this yadda yadda yadda, i'm not said audience and stuff. but seriously fuck everyone involved in the making of that music video.
22) BURNS - TW: ******* ******* please. i was nasty to this in the listening party all because of her, which i mean, she -is- the worst part of the song by far. the song is actually pretty nice though, the production is super smooth and chill, i honestly got SLIGHT funk wave bounces vol 1 vibes from this. i say slight because i'd hate a sabrina claudio song to a masterpiece like "slide", apologies in advance. asap rocky is obviously the highlight, daddddddd. he really works on this production and i would've appreciated if he was a lot more heavily featured in the song rather than sabrina, kinda rude of her to skip her blue lives matter rally to steal runtime from asap rocky. i guess what i'm saying is......... cute????????!???!!? nahhhh okay fine it's a good song, it did grow on me. u win this time s*br*na
23) Keisha Shadè - the adele shoutout took me the fuck outttttt. this is so weirdly produced? i feel like it COULD sound good if it didn't sound so... boxy? that's definetly not the right word but everything about this just seems like an afterthought. there's definetly elements here i enjoy. the chorus got better on repeated listens but the hook is still kind of non-existent. a lot of mixed feelings.
24) KNOWER - this was an absolute trainwreck in every sense of the word and i thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. thank u for this. my kneecaps were STRUCK by lightning. again, thank you.
25) Gunnar Gehl - i feel like i -should- despise this and yeah in repeated listens i can start seeing through the cracks, but i... like that chorus. not anything OUTSTANDING really but the choir kinda had me moving. his hairstyle did have me moving my cursor to the X button, but that's a different story. dare i say... c***?
26) K.ZIA - OH HELL YES. yupyupyupppp YUP. i just know the sender pictured me in mind whilst they sent this and i love and cherish them for that. the garage vibes complimenting her smooth ass vocals, everything about this was just so up my alley, i'm OBSESSED. thank u for this.
27) Taylor Castro - i'm choosing to interpret this song as a mastermind troll entry, even if that's not the case. like knower, this also felt like a trainwreck in every sense of the word LMAO. everything about this was so weirdly produced yet somehow the slight hints of disco in the chorus kinda soothed the soul. maybe with better production this could actually sound cohesive but as is i did get an ironic kick out of this. she's so 3008 when u think about it.
1019 days 21 hours ago
Darbe
01) PONGO - It took me so long to appreciate UWA but I eventually came around to it. As for this one, I know others will live but this just sounded a bit noisy and borderline obnoxious to me.
02) John K - This may have been ‘okay’ without the sample, but it completely clashes with the vibe of the song so it ends up being a mess.
03) CHVRCHES - This follows the formula of all their other music but that’s a genre that I enjoy so I’m not mad. I think the chorus is really solid and the production builds very nicely throughout. I like this a lot.
04) Static and Ben El - Sounds like something that would have NQd in Eurovision 2010. It’s interesting because I think if this song was just the 2nd vocalist doing his thing, this could’ve ended up pretty sweet especially with the instrumentation being decent, but that first guy is definitely intolerable.
05) Sarah Reeves - I think the song on the whole is very basic, but as others predicted, I do enjoy the chorus on this song quite a bit! I wish there was MORE to this song, but the chorus is enough to make this a serviceable attempt at the genre for me.
06) KINGDOM - The production is nowhere near as punchy as it needs to be for this to have the impact it wants. There’s potential but it ultimately misses.
07) Nemahsis - A very pretty piano ballad. Not something I’d likely return to after the contest but I liked it for this listen!
08) Keiynan Lonsdale - The visuals are incredibly distracting for a song which is actually quite smooth. It’s a little incohesive but the chorus is giving me knockoff Frank Ocean and that ends up being a compliment.
09) Joy Crookes - A genre that I “respect more than I personally enjoy”. I do admit it’s an objectively good song though, it has a classy Amy Winehouse feel to it.
10) The Debris - This sound has to be executed way better than this for me to take any interest. Felt quite stale.
11) Shay Lia - I find it bothersome when artists use samples like this because it just distracts me from the rest of the song. This is fine but it just makes me want to listen to Move Your Feet instead.
12) Loren Gray - This being entered may have ruined my week but I obviously quite enjoy the song. It’s objectively quite average pop but it’s a smooth attempt of the sexy synth genre that I like so I give it extra credit. There's an addictive earworm quality to it.
13) Sharktank - I like all of their parts individually, but there’s no chemistry between the artists which makes for a slightly disjointed listen. Mixed feelings.
14) Syd - This is a really pretty smooth track that I enjoy. Then that guitar comes in and YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Kiss it kiss it better baby.
15) KAYE - It’s a unique listen so I respect the risk. Not feeling wild lately but yeah I can see the appeal of it.
16) Normani - Yeah it’s a silky smooth track and I expect it’s a grower. Sounds like a good B-side rather than a lead single though, ya know.
17) Jidenna - There’s a smooth feel to this which I like. The lyrics I find a bit corny and it gets repetitive after a while, but yeah there is a *vibe*.
18) Magdalena Bay - I heard this a few weeks back and was impressed! There’s a dark Grimes kind of vibe to it throughout. Solid 80s inspired pop that builds very nicely.
19) U.S. Girls - She should have been arrested for this music video but the song itself is quite cute. It has a feel-good quirky vibe to it that I like.
20) Olivia Dean - Not as instantly grabbing as THP, but this is a very pretty piano ballad. Very understated and gorgeous with some nice lyricism.
21) ARTY - As much as I enjoy partying to these mediocre EDM bops in the LP which seem to hurt the souls of other players, this is so incredibly basic that it’s hard to even squeeze ironic humour out of it.
22) BURNS - Initially I thought the production clashed with her vocals, but I wasn’t as annoyed by it on the second listen. Quite cute. ASAP did deliver the best parts still, but I warmed to this a bit. Lowkey but good.
23) Keisha Shadè - This is the most average attempt at disco I have ever heard in my life, therefore it’s the best song ever created. Can’t wait for the low-budget bisexual lighting music video to drop.
24) KNOWER - This was a bit of a trainwreck but not one that I particularly enjoyed. Messy without humour. 
25) Gunnar Gehl - Not my sort of gig but this isn’t bad, it’s actually kind of a pretty ballad. I think the choir parts enhance this for me.
26) K.ZIA - This also verges into “respect more than I personally like” territory but it’s good. I enjoy the garage influences and the language shift is endearing too.
27) Taylor Castro - The only thing that is better than a good disco track is a shite disco track. Utter brilliance. Taylor and Keisha F2.
1019 days 19 hours ago
Temeky
Hey! I'm not participating but I just wanted to say that I'm glad to still see this contest going! I have no plans on returning (I log into Tengaged literally once every 6 months haha) but I'm glad to see that it still has an active community :) Can't believe it's been 301 editions since I first debuted, over 10 years ago. Anyways, massive kudos to the hosts and I hope you're all doing well!
1019 days 14 hours ago
Patrick319
01) PONGO - I see that FINALLY A Colors Show performance gets entered. I've been waiting for this for MONTHS. And who better to enter than PONGO!? Uwa was a monumental bop that I still think about almost daily. While this isn't as immediate as Uwa was, it's still just as fun and joyful. Her energy bleeds off the screen, and it translates into a fantastic bop. THE INSTRUMENTAL GIVES ME LIIIIIIFE!! I enjoyed EVERY second of this. Brilliant opening.

02) John K - The opening sample was a JUMP SCARE. That sample did this no favours because it set the bar on the FLOOR. I actually don't entirely hate this. The song gets better the longer I listen which isn't always the case, but I enjoyed his vocal well enough and the chorus was pleasant. The chipmunk backing vocals are seriously terrifying, though. This is a bit of a half-baked mess. I think the things I hate about it outweigh the somewhat pleasant melody.

03) CHVRCHES - I actually really like Chvrches, but this does absolutely nothing for me. I understand that they have a signature sound, but this sounds like a watered down version of so many of their other, better songs. The melody is almost indistinguishable. The chorus is definitely the best part about this, but the verses are a complete snooze. I get the appeal, but it's a no from me.

04) Static and Ben El - I've heard far worse Hebrew bops entered to TSC, so for that this is a win. However, I still mostly don't care for it until the drop. The instrumental drop made me want to genuinely move. The verses are too much of a non-event for me to care about. Give me more of that drop. THANK YOU, BRIDGE. The instrumental parts about this outweigh the entire vocal performance.

05) Sarah Reeves - This is serving 2015 on a silver platter. Oh, it's from 2020? That's unfortunate. For a 'dance' song, that was one of the flattest choruses I've heard in a while. Nobody moved a muscle.

06) KINGDOM - I had REALLY high expectations for this based on the opening, but it completely failed to deliver. This felt like a disjointed mess for nearly the entire four minute run, as if it had any business dragging on for that long to begin with. The second verse was slightly more enjoyable, but it was followed by a weirdly paced chorus that I couldn't stand. Missed opportunity.

07) Nemahsis - This is one of my biggest growers from listening party to now. Go girl, SERVE us a yt girl ballad that even yt girls can't do. Her vocal is stunning, and the melodic choices especially during the chorus are quite clever. I think one of this songs biggest strengths is its length, because it kept the song from starting to drag. This song was like a bagel bite - short, sweet and straight to the point. I appreciated that about it.

08) Keiynan Lonsdale - The collective IRE the listening party spilled during this was rightfully deserved. This is serving Isaac Dunbar realness: f-word in makeup. I clearly hate the visuals, but I can't imagine enjoying this even with a straighter visual. The song was just BAD.

09) Joy Crookes - NOT BOY BROOKS. Thanks for the trigger warning. Whichever one of you snatched this song from me on Sunday because I was busy playing Pokémon Go Fest ISN'T seeing heaven. YOU'RE GOING TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET. I knew I should have entered this two weeks ago. She's serving visuals, vocals, culture, melody, etc. Is there ANYTHING she can't do? Exclusive footage of the Joy Crookes sender vs. everyone who click raced for her: https://youtu.be/-IU0CoJvCow?t=350

10) The Debris - Whoever sent Joy Crookes is GOING DOWN LIKE THE SETTING SUN. Multiple points were made.

11) Shay Lia - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS miss Shay Lia came to deliver another ALMIGHTY BOP. I appreciate how much of a different vibe this has from Good Together. This makes me feel like I'm on a tropical vacation. It's another case of a song's short length doing it a favour, because it keeps the song from dragging. This was stunning in every sense of the word.

12) Loren Gray - Not this yt woman serving so hard. This reminds me of almighty yt woman bop Bad Girlfriend (by Olivia Holt). I can see myself bopping to this for months to come. On the other hand, I could also see it aging like milk. Only time will tell. But as for now I'm rooting for this yt woman to defeat all the melanin this week. WE CAN WORK IT OUT TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! GET A LITTLE EXERCISE!!!!!!!!! BOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

13) Sharktank - I could tell from the thumbnail that I was going to enjoy this. YUP, that first verse is RIGHT. That type of male vocal always makes me melt on the spot. Like always, a yt woman tries her best to RUIN this. The yt woman was NOT NECESSARY. Yt women are EVIL (besides Loren Gray). I wish the song had a stronger chorus, but the instrumental bridge was cool. I enjoyed this.

14) Syd - Oh, a lesbian bop. Syd and her girl are OOZING charisma, aren't they? The video is SO cute. Her vocal is also smooth as BUTTER. The bass is KILLER. THE GUITAR SOLO? MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. TAKE MY MONEY!!!! That guitar solo might be my favourite moment from any TSC song EVER. The m*n was unnecessary, but everything else about this was SO RIGHT.

15) KAYE - Technicolour by Montaigne sounds SO GOOD. I enjoyed this at the listening party for sounding different from everything else, but on a second listen I'm realizing that I wouldn't willingly revisit this ever again. But as a one-time listen, I get the appeal. This has a lot of fun moments. The bridge's melody and backing vocals gave me EVERYTHING. This contest is brutal.

16) Normani - I was expecting to see this. It's definitely GOOD, but I've never *loved* a single of Normani's. I think I prefer this to Motivation (controversial opinion?), but I still don't *LOVE* it. The song starts to drag about two minutes in until Cardi's verse. Cardi NEVER misses, it's true. This is good, but it's a strong week.

17) Jidenna - Finally, a MAN. I want Jidenna to know that I was a fan of his from the start. This is exactly the type of sound I'm currently very much into. His vocal is absolutely doing it for me, and it carries the melody well. The chorus is incredibly enjoyable. I could listen to it for HOURS. I AM a Sufi woman.

18) Magdalena Bay - I would like to personally thank you for murdering CHVRCHES. You did God's work. Can I just point out the absolute JOURNEY this took the listening party on!? We all enjoyed this at the start, but were worried that it wouldn't go anywhere. Two minutes in it finally started going somewhere, and all of our attentions were perked. Then it just kept going, and going, AND GOING. IT WOULDN'T STOP. THE BRIDGE??????????????????????? I ALMOST SUFFERED A HEART PALPITATION. THE AMOUNT OF NOISE THAT WAS MADE!! The way the listening party CHEERED for this like America did when the rose petals fell from Sasha's head at the season 9 finale. That's what this song felt like. I'm exhausted after listening to it for a second time, and I need a break.

19) U.S. Girls - This is a lot of fun, but Magdalena Bay is a tough act to follow. Terribly vintage video, but the song is cute. No complaints from me.

20) Olivia Dean - Sadly, my brain isn't big enough to comprehend this :( I still listen to The Hardest Part regularly, but I'm rarely ever into piano ballads. This felt like too much of a non-event melodically for me. This will be for others, but I'm not one of the tasteful few.

21) ARTY - NOAH CENTINEO LEAVE US ALONE!!!!!!!! I would have absolutely bopped to this back in 2015, but I'm no longer the person I was back then. The music video really confused me because why are literal 35 year old's playing high school students LOL? I mean, I shouldn't be shocked. This throwback EDM "bop" did a better job at taking me back to a simpler, happier time than other modern-day EDM songs, so I'll give N*ah that. But that's all I'll give. I enjoyed this more than I'd like to admit, clearly.

22) BURNS - For a song called energy this sure has NO energy. Look, I like Sabrina, and I really did think I was enjoying her vocal until ASAP Rocky's verse toward the end. His verse made me realize how boring as shit Sabrina's parts were LOL. I also didn't understand the chorus at all. The MAN served like usual, but I'm not sure it was enough to crack into my points.

23) Keisha Shade - COME ON DISCOVER WEEKLY!! This is cute, but it's also extremely bland and pedestrian. I don't even care that it's only two minutes long, because the song wasn't engaging enough in the first two minutes to do anything for me.

24) KNOWER - Giuliana walked so KNOWER could RUN!! The listening party couldn't stop busting their kneecaps to this banger. This is so erratic and unpredictable. I can't imagine listening to it ever again, but it's fun.

25) Gunnar Gehl - It's weird for me to see the beginning of a new era of artists emerge who were born in the 21st century. It certainly makes me start feeling old for once. This was a very typical yt sad boy ballad. The melody was somewhat enjoyable, but the whole thing felt a tad too cliché for my liking or care.

26) K.ZIA - Ooh, good food. The verses are smooooooth and completely up my alley. The chorus was sadly pretty disappointing compared to the verses, but I still enjoyed this nonetheless.

27) Taylor Castro - I was FULLY convinced that I was about to hear the worst song imaginable, and I mean I kind of did but I also can't stop moving. The way that vocal caught me COMPLETELY off guard LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The listening party reaction to this was a RIOT. Darbe and I were LIVING for this absolute disco fantasy. A complete nightmare of a song, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!