This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 445 Final

Topic » TSC 445 Final

1034 days 5 hours ago
Talian
01) šŸŸ” Alex Porat : relatively fun canā€™t lie. But it missed a little punch. Didnā€™t really have a big personality.

02) šŸŸ” Namie Amuro : kinda formulaic but the chorus is infectious. At the same time, I feel nowadays music is more fluid but this falls under last decadeā€™s formula. But very catchy.

03) šŸ”“ Doberman Infinity : I just canā€™t .

04) šŸŸ  Denai Moore : not bad but too artsy for me.

05) šŸ”“ SixTONES : this male KPop trend is getting out of hand. This is officially my  intervention for TSC : You need to stopā€¦ thisā€¦

06) šŸŸ  Ashwarya : verses were promising but then it fell flat.

07) šŸŸ¢ Isak Danielson : and what makes me proud the most isā€¦ itā€™s been I that started all this. I just love this man what can I say?

08) šŸŸ¢ YUQI : kinda too occident-y but the dark atmosphere was EVERYTHING!

09) šŸ”“ Blue Ant : I donā€™t even know what to say.

10) šŸŸ¢ Bastille : this slaps. Omg I just want to go take a long walk in the dark in heels now.

11) šŸŸ” Lxandra : I like that she toned it down as I feel her vocals work better in such songs. I like the song as well but I couldnā€™t find it much interesting .

12) šŸ”“ Guster : this canā€™t be seriousā€¦

13) šŸ”“ NENDA : wanted to be smart and say I have mixed feelings about this butā€¦ I donā€™tā€¦

14) šŸŸ¢ Christian French : Iā€™m disgusted at the amount of mans Iā€™ve been green lighting this contest but even tho this isnā€™t like ā€œthe best song Iā€™ve ever heardā€ I just am so drawn to it.

15) šŸŸ¢ LOONA : Stan LOONA right? Even tho the drop was a choice letā€™s say that.

16) šŸŸ  Lady Bri : why does the lyrics sound like the regular ally girl just discovering drag race? The song itself itā€™s just those cheap UK songs that arenā€™t bad butā€¦ not good really either.

17) šŸŸ¢ LEXXE : come on girl give us everything. I think I am finally ready to get back to sex after this.

19) šŸ”“ YUGYEOM : someone take away these gays the ability to access to make KPop.

19) šŸ”“ Myra Granberg : I am sorry I wonā€™t ever go back to 2014 musically. Worst year ever for music and this isā€¦ everything I hate about 2014 music.

20) šŸŸ” Ozuna, Doja Cat, Sia : appropriately enjoyed it but my wig is thoroughly still glued to my head.

21) šŸŸ  Grace Gaustad : kinda too edgy.

22) šŸŸ” Lolo ZouaĆÆ : wasnā€™t bad and the spoken parts sent me but overall felt kinda messy .

23) šŸ”“ Blue Hawaii : what is up with all the house music this contest?

24) šŸ”“ Alice Longyu Gao : I am a little annoyed.

25) šŸŸ  Tesher : fun but meh.

26) šŸ”“ Jillian Rossi : too classic of a female ballad it gave me nothing.

27) šŸ”“ Olivia Addams : too basic.
1034 days 4 hours ago
Patrick319
01) Alex Porat - Something about the thumbnail for this song slayed me I can't explain why it just DID. It's been *one year* since I sent the monstrosity that was Sweet Temptation by Hanna Ferm, without a music video. If that song had a music video I imagine it would have been this. Fortunately, this song is MUCH better than Sweet Temptation. The first chorus was a bit of a buzzkill after that collapse of a verse, but the chorus grew on me. This was a cute listen!

02) Namie Amuro - What is dis honey? The 2000's theme was a few weeks ago. #NotMyTSC

03) Doberman Infinity - This was certainly a... choice. Anyone who STANS this sh*t but didn't stan iconic bop Faster Please by seeyousoon from two weeks ago is being put on a list and trust, you will be dealt with period, PERIOD.

04) Denai Moore - Finally some good food after the last abomination. This was VERY chill. Maybe TOO chill? This certainly feels like a case of 'style over substance'. I wish the song was more musical. I don't dislike it, but I can't imagine wanting to ever listen to this again. But I will admit the final minute slayed the fuck out of me!

05) SixTONES - A missed opportunity to have not made this song SIX! I was prepared to hate this, but I can't make a song not bop. It feels like it was produced with very little budget, but I'm not an elitist like Br*d so I won't discriminate. This was fine. I liked it less the longer I listened.

06) Ashwarya - YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! I heard this the other day and didn't know what the FUCK I was listening to, but I was living. This song feels like the definition of the word ECLETIC. The entire kitchen sink was thrown in terms of its production, and that is
completely okay. This isn't music: it's a piece of art. Everyone soak in the beauty.

07) Isak Danielson - Is that a yt man, in MY TSC!? I can't remember whether I liked his past entries (probably not a good sign), but this was actually GOOD. His voice is stunning, and the instrumental carries the song beautifully. I fear this won't age well for me, but as a one-time listen I'm very much into it.

Going DTF........... Alex Porat & Ashwarya!
Going to AC......... Denai Moore & Isak Danielson!
1034 days 3 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
i usually don't split my comments but i need to lay down!!!

01) Alex Porat - This is the opener in a contest that I've heard is kinda meh? Rig. Subtle bop extraordinaire.
02) Namie Amuro - This is from 2016?!? It legitimately feels like it could pass for about 10 years sooner, lmfao. Almost a bop, but something is missing.
03) Doberman Infinity - Kinda goes orf, but where is the music video, Molly??? Why do most j/k-pop rappers growl, though? Like, vary your delivery and spice up your life! (this is a general gripe that will not be taken out on Doberman Infinity, fyi)
04) Denai Moore - Do I hear harmonizing with a robot? I have convinced myself that I do. I wanted to like this more as a whole. Seems like a multiple-listen-to-understand-it type of song, but the parts that I was into were very nice.
05) SixTONES - Nice strings to start, but the production got pretty muddled to me pretty quickly. Didn't really hit the spot at all other than the strings which thankfully made another appearance.
06) Ashwarya - Promising start, I'm kind of a slut for vibey bilingual songs. That tempo change caught me off guard but it was GOOD. Yeah, I really like this. The tempo changes in general were *chefs kiss*
07) Isak Danielson - I enjoy his voice as per usual, but the song wasn't the most dynamic to me. Passable and different than everything else here thus far (what a strange week), but meh otherwise.
08) YUQI - Oooh, her tone is NICE. China is in their Dua Lipa phase too, I see. This is super solid. 
09) Blue Ant - OH? "The first minute has me super intrigued, I hope the vocal that isn't the dark whispery shit isn't bad" I said to myself as two minutes in I realized that was the main vocal. <3 I do think I'd get bored of this with multiple listens, but it had me hooked.
10) Bastille - Have never really given a shit about them. This doesn't do muuuuchhhh to change that, but it's a nice enough listen. Not sure I'd go back to it myself, but I can't say I disliked it.
11) Lxandra - I was prepared to act like I hated this, but I don't. Subtle soulful sweet fun(?) fresh(?) fierce(?).
12) Guster - I could see this having an audience, but baby, it ain't me. The delivery of the verses are an absolute no, and while the chorus is a vast improvement, it's not enough to save it for me.
13) NENDA - lmfao, I so BADLY want to like this more, but the minimal production is... so... minimal. I like the lyricism, but I'm a little whelmed by it as a whole. Mixed feelings. :/
14) Christian French - Passable, kinda toe-tappy, but leaves me feeling absolutely nothing after. The white men of TSC 445.
15) LOONA - This week has been kinda lacking in the bops category, so this hit the spot rn.
16) Lady Bri - I know the Lizzo comparisons are going to come up, so let me just also comment on it. IT'S SO FUCKING LIZZO. And while I do love Ms. Lizzo, I think we can all agree that we're a little tired right now. It's fun and playful (read: Lizzo), but is it really that fun???
17) LEXXE - Short, sweet, got to the point, was only 2 minutes so it didn't get a chance to outstay its welcome. Not anything exciting, but not mad at it.
1033 days 20 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
18) YUGYEOM - This is the song that broke me when commenting earlier, not because it's BAD, but I don't feel strongly about it either way and there's been a lot of that this contest. It's kinda smooth. Fine in general. This is how you fart.
19) Myra Granberg - So you're telling me this got a video but not Molly Sanden? Another song I don't feel strongly about either way. Cute, passable, but ultimately it's pretty much a non-event.
20) Ozuna, Doja Cat, Sia - When others were talking earlier about how shitty Sia sounded on this, I thought it was very likely an exaggeration, but right off the bat it was clear that it was not. Sounds like girl was trying to sing the Survivor theme. Ozuna is passable and Doja did her thing. It averages out to like a C-.
21) Grace Gaustad - Gracey... Gracey... Gracey... What a disappointing chorus, mawma. The verses and bassline are so promising and then it's seriously such a nothing chorus. File this under Missed Connections.
22) Lolo ZouaĆÆ - Lolo ZouaĆÆ punched me in the face one time (legit right now), it was awesome. :)
23) Blue Hawaii - Understated. Probably a bit too much so. Retro sounds, but ehhhh.
24) Alice Longyu Gao - Oh this was a trip. GOT THOSE WHITE BOY EYES. There is a high chance in another mood I would have no interest in listening to this, but I think I'd always -respect- it.
25) Tesher - He sounds so uninterested and it's probably what he was going for, but I wanted him a little more AMPED up. Still, think this contest I prefer songs that make me feel something, and this made me move my ass.
26) Jillian Rossi - https://i.gyazo.com/4cd58b19553cd9e5a84c3016a8028f4c.png Sho' are. This verged on painful for me. At least if you're gonna balladfuck me, hit me with a grown woman ballad, not this.
27) Olivia Addams - I have heard this song approximately 4000 times. I mean, not this exact one, but you GET IT. Luckily it's a sound I tolerate well/generally like.
1033 days 12 hours ago
Patrick319
Part 2.

08) YUQI - This started off promising but didn't really go anywhere for me. It's well-produced, but feels extremely inoffensive. I also don't support artists who support blue lives, so I guess I AM offended.

09) Blue Ant - The thumbnail startled me. I didn't know what to expect going into this, but I appreciate it. The song is dark and moody, and keeps me engaged throughout. Mariette is also serving in the music video.

10) Bastille - Oh, this is a BAWPP. I've always liked their music, and this is no exception. It's a modern, fresh take from the band. However, it's sad to see this barely at 500K views after a week.. they really are a flop now, huh? But anyways: BASTILLE LIVES MATTER!!!

11) Lxandra - Imagine how tired we are of this bitch releasing a slightly modified version of Dig Deep every few months with a grungy, edgy FAANGS-esque music video. This song was three minutes of nothing. Did ANYONE move!?

12) Guster - BRB calling Giuliana to tell her she's been dethroned as worst TSC entry of all time... nah, I'm just fucking with you. I enjoy how the instrumental plods along, and the chorus was actually very cute. I'm moving a bit.

13) NENDA - All the bitches underestimating her... it's sad to see. This is really cute. It borders on sounding like a joke, but the lyrics are fun and whimsical. I would like to think whoever entered this was inspired by the legendary ENNY with her hit song 'I Want', and while I think ENNY did it better this Ennynator is still supporting you.

14) Christian French - Why are all the yt men making several points this week? In MY TSC!? I've seen this man before: another preppy white boy who's trying really hard to look like the f-word. I haven't heard this yet, but it might be the best thing I've heard from him. It sounds fun and toe-tappy. The chorus has no business sounding so infectious (not like a disease but it might as well be). This reminds me of that one ghastly song by Max Frost that was entered last year, but like a bop version of it. I guess I'm a wh*te man's whore.

Going DTF............. Bastille & Christian French!
Going to AC........... Blue Ant & NENDA!
1033 days 9 hours ago
Darbe
01) Alex Porat - I have a history of really liking Song #1 nearly every contest. I guess I just really like the fresh sugar-rush bangers in TSC (that have startled to fizzle out) and this is no exception. This is a bop but also has this sensual other-worldly vibe to it. Yeah I like this, a solid opener!
02) Namie Amuro - It sounds like campy 2000s fun. That's not really my gig unless there is some nostalgia thrown in the mix, but I didn't mind this as much as some other executions of this sound lately.
03) Doberman Infinity - The sender is incredibly lucky that I am not currently on the verge of a headache right now because last night I hated this but today I really donā€™t? Its gro----- oh wait. Actually, as time goes on itā€™s still a bit loud, isnā€™t it? Yeah, my headache is starting again. Stop torturing me with these noisy ass songs.
04) Denai Moore - I quite like it actually. It has that nod to Imogen Heapā€™s music with the robot harmonies and thereā€™s a sadness to this.
05) SixTONES - Itā€™s a pretty decent Jpop song but the mixing seems to be off -  turn UP the music in the background and this would slap harder.
06) Ashwarya - Iā€™m still not fully sure what I listened to. It was definitely quirky and quite good? Perhaps too artsy but I donā€™t know.
07) Isak Danielson - Iā€™ve known this for a while and yes itā€™s still very strong! There is a haunting quality to this and he has a gorgeous vocal over the track.
08) YUQI - I do believe the dark 80s production carries this song quite strongly, but the chorus actually gets catchier each time it comes on. This is quite good, I enjoyed it!
09) Blue Ant - I can appreciate this. It has dark production and is kinda cool. Wouldnā€™t have strong replay value but it was an ā€˜experienceā€™ for a one-time sitting.
10) Bastille - I still find this strong! While I do believe this song would maybe suit a different vocalist better, the dark 80s synth vibe is nearly always going to be a hit for me and here is no exception. A good direction for their music.
11) Lxandra - I didnā€™t expect Lxandraā€™s new song to sound like this? She always delivers soulful vocals but production wise this is more of a nod to discofunk than her previous submissions. Has a really groovy vibe, I like it.
12) Guster - Not hugely remarkable, his accent in the verses was actually a bit grating and thatā€™s coming from a British person.
13) NENDA - My replacement nominee is NENDA. I did say in the listening party I think sheā€™d suit a collaboration with Denise Chaila. I still stand by that sentiment but this is nowhere near the musical quality of Anseo. Itā€™s a decent song sonically but I feel like it relies too heavily on humour, which is something Iā€™m allergic to.
14) Christian French - Catchy white man. Heard this genre executed better this year already, but itā€™s cute.
15) LOONA - Quite average in all honesty, but I do like the ethnic instrumentation this brings to the table.
16) Lady Bri - She sounds even more Lizzo than Lizzo does. Iā€™m not really moving though, maybe this production would impact me more in 2016 on Fleur Eastā€™s debut album.
17) LEXXE - Another good song! Has the dark sultry pop kind of vibe I enjoy listening to and itā€™s executed at a decent standard.
19) YUGYEOM - This is how you fart. Itā€™s a bit lowkey but Iā€™m not too mad. Itā€™s quite unimpressionable, but itā€™s smooth and pleasant so yeah itā€™s nice.
19) Myra Granberg - I remember stumbling across this when listening to Nan annan nu, quite frankly this nowhere near the same quality. This style of scandipop has not aged well for me.
20) Ozuna, Doja Cat, Sia - A bit of a disjointed listen because Sia really does not belong on this type of track at all. Doja obviously serves here, but Iā€™m not even fully sure if her verse blends with the production in the background too? Personally, I was surprised Maroon 5 didnā€™t find a way to hop on this track too. Messy trendy mush.
21) Grace Gaustad - I love the bassline on the first verse a lot. On my original listen I was slightly underwhelmed by the chorus, but now I appreciate itā€™s going for more of an edgy vibey sound than a huge punch, and honestly Iā€™ve warmed to it. I like this, good pick!
22) Lolo ZouaĆÆ - This was quite a cool hyper-pop song, I liked the spoken parts the most about this.
23) Blue Hawaii - I found this to be quite pretentious and inaccessible on a first listen. Quirky but not in a way that moved me.
24) Alice Longyu Gao - More hyper-pop. This is a LOT but there is something endearing about it. I like how the production builds and the chorus is sonically pleasant, even if her squeaky vocals can be too much in places.
25) Tesher - For a song of this genre to impress me it needs to be executed at a higher standard than this. Itā€™s quite fun but also doesnā€™t really go far enough.
26) Jillian Rossi - This sounds like a B-side from some Disney star I probably donā€™t care about. My tastes have matured way further than what this offers.
27) Olivia Addams - I came across this when I was looking for a Romanian dance track to send a few months back. Ultimately I think this style needs to be executed better than this to excite me anymore. Itā€™s fine.
1033 days 5 hours ago
RedFabFoxy
01) Alex Porat - 'dimension'
Oh wow, first song and this ALREADY has the winner edit I see... Honestly this is a bop, I'm just not gonna deny it! Definitely a good start and kinda AMPED me for the rest of the songs.
02) Namie Amuro - 'Wonder Woman (feat. Ai & Anna Tsuchiya)'
What you're NOT going to do is deathslot Namie Amuro. I fucking love this legend, this song may be a LIL old but it's gold. It's a goddamn catchy bop for sure, the collab between the 3 is also SO well done. I love all of their parts, queens! Did you hear that "VERSE 2!" right before the 2nd verse, did YOU???
03) Doberman Infinity - 'Party in the Air'
Uh... When this started, I didn't expect it to go this badly. But it did. A HOT mess, but honestly this is STILL better than your regular boring k-pop cheese.
04) Denai Moore - 'Cascades'
This song is quite interesting, and the video is very trippy LOL. Honestly I appreciated this a lot, but I'm not sure if I'll like it more on my next listen or I'll get annoyed by it - guess we'll have to see!
05) SixTONES - 'Navigator'
HUH not the 2nd japanese-sung song! This one kinda reminds me of that ENHYPEN song that won... but honestly this is where I'm NOT rooting for this. I'm not a fan of the production as much, I feel like the quality coulda been better.
06) Ashwarya - 'Biryani'
LMAO more trippy videos with trippy music. I'm so mixed on this omg, like there are some parts I REALLY love but the song overall is a bit... messy/weird, but not in a bad way? Yeah wow this will take another listen for me too.
07) Isak Danielson - 'Silence'
Oh wow now THIS video I do not like at all. But honestly this song? Actually not bad at all, I really enjoyed that chorus the most. He actually has a very pretty voice. In fact, I feel like this one will hit me more and more after a few listens.
08) YUQI - 'Bonnie & Clyde'
YES! A k-pop girl with a deeper voice!! This song kinda gives me Dua vibes, it really does. But it's a cute song, an enjoyable listen!
09) Blue Ant - 'Make Me Human'
Pls this thumbnail scared me LMAOOO... I didn't expect to get a techno song though. It was released in 2021 yet it sounds like something from 2004, interesting. I'm not big on it overall though, I don't like the vocals at all and the production is just OK.
10) Bastille - 'Distorted Light Beam'
Was the theme this week "weird videos"? But this song is cute, I actually think it's a very solid one but so far this week is a bit strong methinks? I like THIS route that Bastille are taking though. The Daft Punk like ending though šŸ’€
11) Lxandra - 'Sideways'
Sadly this was a bit boring/safe to me. I like her voice but the song overall isn't hitting me like it should. Also how the hell do you pronounce her name?!
12) Guster - 'Overexcited'
What is this chile šŸ’€šŸ’€šŸ’€ Um... I mean that was a cringy song promoting some lame tinder-like app... Next!
13) NENDA - 'Mixed Feelings'
LMAOOO this made me cackle so hard. I love this girl's personality, and I LOVE some german, I do! Her attitude also gives me Lily Allen vibes which I stan. "You are an idiot, Susan."
14) Christian French - 'avalanche'
Smh everyone bites off this type of beat ever since Blinding Lights got popular. The guy is kinda cute though hmm... The chorus MIGHT get catchy the more you listen to it, we'll see, it already kinda is growing on me.
15) LOONA - 'PTT (Paint the Town)'
Ah, the GREAT beloved LOONA has arrived. ā¤ļø I cannot stand these girlies. And this song has NOT made me change my mind. Keep doing those basic trap drops sweeties, and I'll keep giving you a big fat ZERO!
16) Lady Bri - 'Just Watch Me Now'
Oh no this girl sounded EXACTLY like Lizzo at the beginning. Honestly the chorus is the most remarkable part but even it isn't enough for me to possibly point it. It doesn't have enough umph to it. She went on about the bridge being "showtime" but it gave me NOTHING!!! SWEETIE!
17) LEXXE - 'Meet Me in the Shadows'
Oh this girl is beautiful! Sadly this song doesn't do much for me either. It's lacking something and I don't know what.
18) YUGYEOM - 'All Your Fault'
I swear is this the 6th kpop song of this week, I'm getting tired :)))) This was BASIC, I didn't like it. Go away, man.
19) Myra Granberg - 'Lose my mind'
This is cute actually, nice! Not the BEST chorus per se but deff has some really good parts.
20) Ozuna, Doja Cat, Sia - 'Del Mar'
Girl... All the "who took Doja" drama for THIS? Absolutely not. Also Sia is an ableist trash. Doja was the only good part.
21) Grace Gaustad - 'Nightmare'
With the attitude and the lyrics and the mini-story at the beginning, I expected something punchier and maybe even epic. Ever since L**NA these songs have NOT been grabbing me! But this one isn't awful, but idk.
22) Lolo ZouaĆÆ - 'Galipette'
I swear this bitch looks like Zara Larsson's sister... This song is QUITE messy but hmm, it's not the worst entry for sure! But I hate how short and abruptly-ending it is, makes it sound like an interlude.
23) Blue Hawaii - 'I Felt Love'
This video... šŸ’€ WHAT is this week. I like the "du-du-du" thingy but overall this song is a bit FLAT.
24) Alice Longyu Gao - 'She Abunei'
I do NOT like PC music/hyperpop, best believe this will be getting NIL from me.
25) Tesher - 'Jalebi Baby'
Huh, I've definitely heard the "JALEBI BABY" before. But this song, chile... To think this one isn't the worst I've heard this week, is SCARY...
26) Jillian Rossi - 'Give Me a Reason'
What??? This is SO boring? This is some BASIC white girl pop music, this sounds like queen Sabrina Carpenter but VERY basic-fied.
27) Olivia Addams - 'Stranger'
YES, thank you Olivia, thank you. FINALLY, after a string of DUDS, we're gonna end this with a bang. This may have that "house" beat but it's done VERY well, I'm really enjoying this. I love this! Olivia Rodrigo WISHES!
1032 days 11 hours ago
Patrick319
Part 3.

15) LOONA - Oh, this is serving. I'm a big fan of the ethnic instrumental. I *wanted* to hate this but if it was a Eurovision song everyone knows I would be absolutely living. The first chorus was a little disappointing, but the verses are too good for me to care. The chorus IS bad the longer I listen. Feeling torn by Ava Max on this one.

16) Lady Bri - Is that the This Will Be The Day By Lady Bri Soulful 2020 Stay Strong?? You mean THE This Will Be The Day By Lady Bri Soulful 2020 Stay Strong? Legend. I wish I could say the same about the song. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all.

17) LEXXE - I recall being a big fan of Queen back when it was entered in 2019. Her catalogue reminds me of Gia Woods for some reason. This artist makes me think of Insanity. I miss that king. I'll always appreciate an artist that triggers positive memories, but I actually really like the song as well. It feels very much TSC-by-numbers, but there's nothing wrong with that. The only thing wrong with this is the short length. I think it could have used another chorus. Nonetheless, I like this, even if it's not the most memorable song in the world.

18) YUGYEOM - Y'all are making me STRONGLY consider developing a phobia of Asian men. This was extremely pedestrian and non-descript. I'm not even bopping my head. The second
verse is miles ahead of the first. But meh.

19) Myra Granberg - I'M GOING TO LOSE MY MIND OVER THIS BASIC WHITE SCANDINAVIAN WOMAN!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the most Melodifestivalen-sounding song I've heard in my life. There is *NOTHING* special about this, but I'm absolutely bopping. I was disappointed the chorus would fail to deliver, but I was wrong. This has one of the strongest hooks I've heard in my LIFE. Myra ate and left no crumbs.

20) Ozuna, Doja Cat, Sia - All I see are three MEN. I've heard this before, and did not like it. I guess it sounds better than I expected, but I'm still not gagging. I liked Doja's parts. Overall, MEH.

21) Grace Gaustad - Another white woman..... we lost. This music video is serving ilovetosing cinematic masterpiece. I would be LYING if I said I wasn't living for this mediocre white woman. The production is strong, and haunting enough to keep me engaged throughout the verses. The chorus isn't as strong as Myra Granberg's, which is where the song falls flat. It's missing a hook. Nonetheless, I still like it. Textbook Andra Chansen song.

Going DTF....................... Myra Granberg & LEXXE!
Going to AC..................... LOONA & Grace Gaustad!
1032 days 10 hours ago
ParkerSlayer360
1.Eerie - A total bop. Wouldnā€™t mind it if I heard it on the radio
2.Scraping - Reminded me of Hard Rock Hallelujah for some reason but not my cup of tea
3.The repetitiveness at the start is a no go, the rapping in the interlude to the chorus didnā€™t sound good. This song sounds like it was a collaboration between a drunk and high person who are waiting in line to use the bathroom ā€œParty in the airā€. I liked individual aspects of the song though.
4.This is like someone who is going insane during quarantine and then all of a sudden they try to be philosophical.
5.I get the appeal of this song, it's not hard to listen to but there werenā€™t any points that stuck out to me.
6.Reminds me of Zaynā€™s I Donā€™t Wanna Live Forever. The lyrics of the song are okay.
7.Again, someone going insane during quarantine. Relatable.
8.The buildup slaps! I love this song, out of everyone so far definitely up there. If there just wasnā€™t dramatic pauses in between I would download this song
9.I felt it was borderline lyric-less.
10. I love Bastille, but it's either I donā€™t like this song or it will take time for me to warm up to it. This song will probably get some brownie points if I canā€™t assemble a top 12.
11.A quirky song that I would dance to if no one was looking. Itā€™s one of those songs youā€™ll add to your 6 hour playlist.
12.A song about dating, the scenes are weirdā€¦
13.Raising awareness about racial microaggressions. The melody isnā€™t the best, but I love the message, so Iā€™ll keep it in mind.
14.Mhm. Yup. Okie. This will be ā€œa noise up in my headā€ ;)
15.K-Pop will always have a place in my heart. I love the beat that goes along amazing with the rap and the build up to the chorus.
16.The start was fabulous. Fleur East vibes so I love the song.
17.I donā€™t know what to make of this song. Sheā€™s been in the shadows too long, yet, she will be in one ear out the other.
18.Thank you for making me never want to get drunk or smoke; all your fault, eh. Shifting the blame when you should be focusing on yourself? This song is surprisingly underwhelming for a K-Pop song, brownie points coming your way tho.
19. The verses were lackluster, the chorus slightly redeemed an overall forgettable song.
20.Like most bop collabs, it followed a similar structure. The opening was like a Disney Movie ngl. I didnā€™t hate it nor did I enjoy it.
21.Compared to most of the songs on TSC, it's above average. I thought a build up was going to lead to something even better but it just dissipated into a sad verse.
22.Playgirl, I think that was a word constantly repeated. That's what I thought the entire song was based on.
23.I felt nothing when I listened to it, I was straining to hear what she was saying.
24.I tried searching up the meaning of the song, yet Iā€™m still confused at what the song wants me to understand. Some songs are better left un-understood.
25.Not bad. The Jalebi Baby enunciation is priceless.
26.If songs were like the American healthcare system, this would be the generic brand that is mass produced after the patent expires.
27.A good way to end this slog. I donā€™t feel strongly about it.
1032 days 10 hours ago
Patrick319
Part 4.

22) Lolo ZouaĆÆ - I was a BIG FAN of Ride. I still occasionally listen to that bop. But this was certainly... something. Not sure if I like this or not. Like LEXXE, it's giving me major Gia Woods vibe. Perhaps it's because of the short length. I wish this was more musical because it felt like an odd amalgamation of random noises. I certainly didn't move a muscle.

23) Blue Hawaii - This is very chill. I'm vibing. The chorus really confuses me because instead of going somewhere it remains super stagnant and stoic. I was afraid the song would begin to sound sluggish, but it didn't. There's something charming about this. This is certainly decent and I will be paying it a revisit!

24) Alice Longyu Gao - YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! This is BATSHIT, but the instrumentation is such a slay that I can't stop bopping. I want her to whisper sweet nothings in my ear. This is a much better execution of 'odd amalgamation of random noises' than Lolo ZouaĆÆ. I wish the song had a more coherent structure, but there's a lot about it I really like. Go OFF Alice!

25) Tesher - Our expectations for you were low but holy fuck. I really didn't care for that first verse. The chorus showed a lot more promise musically, but then it's followed by a very mediocre instrumental bit. The production has Latin vibes especially during the verses, but the chorus sounds super oriental. This song feels like its having an identity crisis. It's not bad, but I'm NOT feeling it as a package.

26) Jillian Rossi - Was this week's theme mediocre white women? The fact that this is like the fourth song that's just barely over two minutes is kind of funny to me. I don't dislike this, but it feels like a pretty generic white girl ballad. I actually appreciated the short length this time. It's fine.

27) Olivia Addams - Of course we're ending the week with one last yt woman. This is serving bad EDM realness. Sick Individuals are calling. This isn't bad - I could see it growing on me over time. I was lightly bopping during the chorus.

Going to DTF.................. Blue Hawaii & Alice Longyu Gao!
Going to AC................... Jillian Rossi & Olivia Addams!
1031 days 14 hours ago
Alexeh23
i got my internet back but i lost my caps lock
01) alex porat - oh this bop. i added this to my playlist a few weeks ago and it stayed there for like a day, kinda aged like milk. <3 yeah this is a bit of a bop but always sounds better in my head than when i actually listen to it? idk i thought this was better than it actually was. cute ig!
02) namie amuro - 2016???? naur i know ur lying. this was kinda fun and i usually like this 00s pop rock sound as we found out a few weeks ago but its definitely been executed better in recent weeks. im lukewarm.
03) doberman infinity - KAJFHGADFGKJ WHAT???? u know i love a good wall of noise and this was a WAALLLLLL OF NOISE. slayyyter felt like my eardrums were stabbed i loved it vibessssss im kinda obsessed. the transition from that piano part to PARTY IN THE AIR PARTY PARTY IN THE AIR back to the piano at the end took me out i loved this thank u doberman infinity u gave me so much.
04) denai moore - ik this name i think i wanted to send an older song of hers this year LMFAO. the verses were kinda promising but the chorus was a biiit too chill even for me on a first listen to make an impact. kinda pretty and has some really good parts to it, think itll grow on me with multiple listens im just not 100% feeling it at this moment. its giving me gorg album track vibes rather than a single.
05) sixtones - i luvvv japan week fight the racists of tsc!!! the mixing is definitely off here + im not sure how much more id be into this if it was a little better but its definitely made a difference. chorus grew on me the second time, but im not rly sold on this right now, its kinda anthemic kinda boppy but doesnt do either enough to have me slain.
06) ashwarya - yesss i love this queen. i kinda wish the chorus was more like the verses but over time ive grown to love the chorus, i definitely rly like them both separately even if theyre quite disjointed together. yeah this is good i bop.
07) isak danielson - pleekā€¦ pleekā€¦ im not strong enough for this song anymore i CANT DO IT!! he has a better song just sitting there waiting to be sent but im very much over this, not that i ever cared for it much but yeaā€¦ he has a gorg voice and like i guess objectively its good but it feels very eurovision to me and ur like a month late on that one. 2 years late on the song too!
08) yuqi - for everything i was seeing abt this song i rly was expecting it to be moreā€¦ something?? but this was just super inoffensive to me, with the 80s kinda production that we are seeing SO much of. uninspired, lacklustre, lifeless, just kinda boring like there was nothing here that inspired anything from me.
09) blue ant - oh. this rly did feel like videogame background music to me rather than an actual song. dont get me wrong its pretty good videogame background music but... still videogame background music. its a bit different at least! i got tired of it by like 2 minutes in i rly wanted something different to happen.
10) bastille - bastille???? in MY tsc????? oh balls this is quite goodā€¦ reminds me of the newer bring me the horizon stuff that slaps. in the verses anyway, the chorus felt kinda flat. i actually think this sound suits his voice well + its very solid as a whole. grew on me as it went on.
11) lxandra - oh im used to her just releasing the exact same song every few months but even lxandra has hopped on the future nostalgia trainā€¦ i think id rather she did dig deep v50. im reluctantly bopping bc this is actually a pretty good execution of that sound, its not amazing but it outsold yuqiā€™s attempt thats for sure. cute classy bop with some gorg strings.
12) guster - this is sooo british i even went to check wikipedia and theyre american??? the verses are rly bad but the chorus is kinda cute i wasnt mad at it at all. this was nearly a fun bop but there was too much that grated on me like the verses + that keychangeā€¦ a shame.
13) nenda - ladies + gentlemenā€¦ my esct entry. yeah i rly enjoyed this, it has like no replay value to it but for a one time listen + an experience i liked it a lot shes a queen. great message great lyrics and the production was just about doing enough for me. i think she ate.
14) christian french - oh this is super solid actually, its generic but it gets the job done i think. nothing about it is incredible or revolutionary but nothing about it is bad either i have no complaints. yeah this is really good the end part slayed meā€¦ u win this round f word.
15) loona - loona release one incredible song every like three years + ride that to release so many mediocre ones + still keep their fanbase theyre so powerful. i get why legendary tsc winner + soty creator youha didnt keep this one for herself its a very dated feeling kpop sound now but like its a pretty good execution of it so i cant hate tooooo much. ig i was delusional hoping for something on par with star, ill take this. the second drop slayed me a bit.
16) lady bri - oh yall werent lying when you said lizzo LMAO. lady bri kinda is the it girl of tsc 2021  she knows her markets. this will be the day by lady bri soulful 2020 stay strong will be in all the x factor auditions + emotional reality tv moments for YEARS to come + this one is coming for all the summer h&m/boohoo.com/marks&spencers adverts for YEARS TO COME!! itll almost make up for her two tsc flops.
17) lexxe - the start of this was sooo promising but the chorus was almost laughably bad. her other 2 songs outsold. i dont think ive said it before this song but im SO TIRED of this 80s production being thrown at every other song its so predictable at this point and so often its executed likeā€¦ this. shoehorned + inauthentic. at least it was short.
18) yugyeom - i like gray so i went into this with decent expectations. gray was the best part abt this yeahā€¦ the song is fine, very current chart friendly etc it just didnt do a huge amount for me. maybe itd grow on me with more listens bc its really smooth and nice to listen to im just not getting much else from it rn.
19) myra granberg - the heavy intro took me out LMFAOO this is as close to a melodifestivalen x hyperpop crossover were ever gonna get. my enjoyment of this lasted about 30 seconds, there have been much better swedish pop songs recently (probably all sent by missimogen). i get the appeal of it, but not rly for me.
20) ozuna, doja cat, sia - i mean im never going to vote for ableist dumpster fire of a human being sia (beyonce lock her up again pleek no one needs to hear her wailing the survivor theme) but if it helps i probably wouldnt have voted for this anyway. its summery and fun and i get it but theres wayyy too much sia for a song thats much more suited to ozuna/doja. lock her up!! in prison or beyonceā€™s basement or WHEREVER i dont care anymore just LOCK HER UP!
21) grace gaustad - shes so crazyā€¦ love her. looove the bassline in the verses + her voice is rly stunning. the chorus is SUCH a letdown though :( its better the second time but still its a big comedown from how well the verses were building. the darker sound was just so much better, suited her voice, im actually rly upset this was a nightmare.
22) lolo zouaĆÆ -
YESSSSS I WAS HOPING THIS WOULD TURN UP. LET ME HEAR YALL MAKE SOME NOISEEEEEEE. the rangeā€¦ the versatilityā€¦ the productionā€¦ did someone say winner??? i WISH it was longer just because i want MORE of this. excellence anyway if tsc sleeps on this im cutting my internet cable again.
23) blue hawaii - really like the retro feel to it but thats kinda where my enthusiasm ends. its kinda cool but im whelmed. it felt like it was really lacking in a hook or anything thats gonna make me remember this again tomorrow.
24) alice longyu gao - lolo does it MUCH better, but im liking this more than rich bitch juice. everyone is saying this was a lot but i was kinda wanting a bit more from it? i prefer when this kinda thing goes all out chaos but this felt a bit restrained in comparison to similar stuff ive heard. there are some great parts but i dont think id come back to it.
25) tesher - an interesting crossover. i actually think this couldve worked as an absolute serve but this song missed that mark completely for me. im into the verses, but the chorus/drop killed it i think. not really feeling this one as much as i tried to :/
26) jillian rossi - another one majorly let down by the chorus. the chorus is SO monotone its kinda painful to listen to, the verses are much more pleasant. if nothing else im glad that these mediocre white women tsc keeps seeing are learning to cut their songs DOWN to just over 2 minutes. makes more room for the delicious 5 minute taiwanese ballads - speaking of, where are they??? if olivia addams isnt giving me 5 minute taiwanese cinematic masterpiece im gonna be devastated.
27) olivia addams - devastated. its a VERY run of the mill romanian dance track, i wasnt really sure how i was feeling about it. i dont think im a fan of the chorus. yeah the more this went on the more i knew i wasnt really a fan. its an okay closer but very been there done that who rly cares anymore. i wanted a taiwanese audiovisual experience.
1031 days 13 hours ago
J2999
001. Alex Porat - 'dimension' : This is quite pleasant, fine song. Good vibe to it.
002. Namie Amuro - 'Wonder Woman (feat. Ai & Anna Tsuchiya)' : Itā€™s ok, but not really getting a kick out of this.
003. Doberman Infinity - 'Party in the Air' : This was like 100% significantly better than expected, sorta got my life to it although it simultaneously feels sorta awful. But obviously passes the vibe check, sorta winner.
004. Denai Moore - 'Cascades' : Kinda eh overall, the part just prior to the three mins part was promising, but sorta fell flat.
005. SixTONES - 'Navigator' : Yeah quite decent, quite liked this, for K-pop at least.
006. Ashwarya - 'Biryani' : The slower music parts like did actually work together well, the rest was mediocre though.
007. Isak Danielson - 'Silence' : LMAO not that shot of him throwing up ??? The songā€™s a fine one though, overall enjoyed it a good amount.
008. YUQI - 'Bonnie & Clyde' : Better than I thought it would be, but something about it is sorta missing still.
009. Blue Ant - 'Make Me Human' : I partially like this, I mean I like the music anywhere, but it goes absolutely nowhere and is essentially just the same thing for four minutes which sorta ruins it.
010. Bastille - 'Distorted Light Beam' : For Bastille, this ā€¦ isnā€™t that strong honestly? But Bastilleā€™s not very strong still outsells manyā€™s good. Hearing it over again definitely resonates better with me, but yeah I prefer a lot more of Bastilleā€™s other stuff. Good song nevertheless.
011. Lxandra - 'Sideways' : Interesting song, definitely has some good parts to it, decent decent.
012. Guster - 'Overexcitedā€™ : The music overall is decent, but the actual singing is too 50/50, like thereā€™s decent parts but other parts of it that justā€¦ yeah no, unfortunate.
013. NENDA - 'Mixed Feelings' : Uhhhh ok? Sorta do haveā€¦ Mixed Feelings about this, donā€™t really feel strongly either way.
014. Christian French - 'avalanche' : Yeahhh I was hoping this would be the song to go off, and it didnā€™t. Itā€™s still fine and basic enough itā€™ll do just fine for me, but itā€™s not the 12 pointer I was hoping for. Good ending especially like the faster beat.
015. LOONA - 'PTT (Paint the Town)' : I mean I feel this is one of the most basic K-pop groups to ever go for. This is realistically FINE but unless they had an absolute banger than I donā€™t think Loona would ever have it absolutely sent. Though I mean dependant how the rest goes I may have to point anyway, who knows. Ok actually this progressed kinda nicely, kinda malds at that I was hoping this would be bad, but itā€™s actually sorta decent, especially FOR K-pop.
016. Lady Bri - 'Just Watch Me Now' : All this song does is make Loona sound even better LMAO stop. Oh though definitely have heard this from adverts before, it works in adverts, but three mins of it yeah pass.
017. LEXXE - 'Meet Me in the Shadows' : This is alright? Not standout, but itā€™s passable.
018. YUGYEOM - 'All Your Fault' : I want to like this more than I do, but it just doesnā€™t really do anything I guess. Still, itā€™s alright.
019. Myra Granberg - 'Lose my mind' : The very start was promisingā€¦ oh good chorus too, yeah good song. Kinda the serve. All round this just really does work well ??? She really chefā€™s kissed this by the length too like it just IS the right length that keeps the song strong.
020. Ozuna, Doja Cat, Sia - 'Del Mar' : I mean obviously this is the holy trinity? Kinda funny combination as it just seems random. I do LIKE this, but the three of them justā€¦ donā€™t go together? That king Ozuna really stomped in with two sorta problematic people? But anyway, fine song yeah. Ozuna carries. Him alone Iā€™d point this well.
021. Grace Gaustad - 'Nightmare' : Not the typical sorta thing Iā€™d be into, but this was a listen I liked, checkmark.
022. Lolo ZouaĆÆ - 'Galipette' : The like heavier vibe parts to this worked well? The rest was decent enough too, takes it.
023. Blue Hawaii - 'I Felt Love' : Yeah I want to like this more than the outcome, kinda a shame. Because sorta individually I like the voice and the musicā€™s fine too, just itā€™s not meshing together well for me.
024. Alice Longyu Gao - 'She Abunei' : Blinksā€¦? Errrr, interesting. Like in a way I like this, but simultaneously sorta just @_____@
025. Tesher - 'Jalebi Baby' : I guess I quite like? I canā€™t even entirely tell, but this as a one and done listen sits pretty fine with me so yeah Iā€™ll conclude there.
026. Jillian Rossi - 'Give Me a Reason' : I wanted to like this, then I wasnā€™t certain, but I mean she does have a good voice like during the chorus, that part goes down really well, like when her voice is like that.
027. Olivia Addams - 'Stranger' : Better than I expected, felt like it also got better as the song progressed, good end to the week.
1031 days 12 hours ago
RedFabFoxy
This is bothering me so lemme clear it up for some of yallā€¦
- SixTONES is NOT kpop, its jpop.
- The Namie Amuro song is NOT from 2016, idk where yall got that fromā€¦? Itā€™s from 2011
1031 days 12 hours ago
Patrick319
preach it red
1031 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
02) namie amuro - 2016???? naur i know ur lying.

i was right

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!