This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2020 - Semi-Final 2

Topic » Best of TSC 2020 - Semi-Final..

1196 days 9 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Chloe x Halle ~ In general I love them, but I found I was mostly disappointed by this? There seemed a bit too much going on with little substance. Sorry :/
Push Baby ~ Pleasantly surprised! It doesn’t exactly stand out for it’s genre but the chorus definitely still served. Enjoyed this one.
Victoria Justice ~ A cute n quirky lil pop song will always please the crowd. It’s maybe a bit standard but there’s nothing bad I can say, it’s enjoyable enough.
Manal ~ I’m not really the audience for this, but I do prefer it to the other Manal song. Don’t hate it, parts were cool.
Olivia Dean ~ Not in love with this as a whole, but I love the soul in her voice and the chorus was a pleasant surprise, I expected a ballad. I wouldn’t come back to it but it’d nice enough.
ORI ~ Finally! Really enjoyed all of this, nice production and his voice is lovely. Gimme ALL of this synth trend!
DOLLA ~ I’m surprised this placed so low actually! Parts of the production weren’t needed, but otherwise this is the Asian pop I enjoy, it had sass, it was fierce as opposed to cute, nicely uptempo. I’ve no complaints here.
Jumpa, VVAVES ~ I’m a bit torn, talk-singing divides me in general. It delivered sass and attitude but I don’t know if it’s something I’d return to.
Bree Runway ~ Ooh ok I expected worse. Vocally, obviously, the audience isn’t me but the production is serving? It kinda grew on me and is probably the best song I’ve heard from here, BUT if it makes my points, this remains to be seen, but I am open to this.
Karmen x Bruja ~ I liked the pre-chorus, I wish the whole song had more like that. Otherwise this did little for me on the whole.
Why Don’t We ~ Love, love, love it. A saviour in this otherwise meh semi so far. Fantastic throughout.
Aly & AJ ~ I’ve never heard this but I’ll I’ll say is WOW, what a fabulous, deserving winner. Darkness AND synth with a great vocal? You’d have had an extra 12 had I played that week, Eddie, it’s fantastic.
Aluna ~ Oh very nice! The drop in the chorus makes this song imo. Not my favourite but it’s been more enjoyable than a lot of this semi so far.
Mondo Grosso ~ Where is makeyouknowlove alexehhh didn’t you want a 20? 😂 nah in all seriousness, I do remember this. At the start it all sounds weird and mismatched but it really grew on me and came together. I can see this getting points, it’s quite sweet sounding.
Victoria Monet, Khalid SG Lewis ~ It’s pretty and sultry. I’d listen again although it wasn’t the most memorable.
Beabadoobee ~ Oh very 90a grunge indie. If I didn’t know I’d haves guessed this was Lorna, but either way this is strong for the genre. Enjoyed this one.
The Chainsmokers ~ Honestly this is among their best. It’s produced really well.
Millie B ~ What the actual fuck? This got 8th?..
Tayla Parx ~ Not heard this before, it’s really quite gorgeous. Just made me feel really positive?
LÉON ~ She never disappoints does she? Solid song.
KAYTRANADA ~ It’s grown on me a lot even since first listen, it’s just so slick.
Unsecret x Neoni ~ CAN’T ESCAPE THE FALLOUT. This is still pure sex, don’t h8 xo
Cupcakke ~ I can’t deny, in her field she’s a natural talent. I liked the first half of the song more. Very crazy, not really for me as songs go but I do respect her.
Thelma Plum ~ I was not wowed at first, but it’s grown on me a lot since. Very nice, well-rounded entry, deserving winner.
Evangelia ~ I remember this missed my points :x soz catch! Obviously a solid af winner.
Vanessa Quai ~ I do like the reggae, abd the video, they remind me of holidays in the sun that I sorely miss. It’s not even a bad song, but I can’t see it Qing. Dw, nor will mine 😩
Rina Sawayama ~ Probably my favourite of hers. It’s just a well-done song, even though I was BORED of her by the end of the year.
Dagny ~ Another one who doesn’t really disappoint. I don’t even think it’s my favourite by her, but like the Tayla song it just made me feel really positive? Praise indeed.
HUGEL ~ It’s actually pretty good for the genre.. buuut it still isn’t my thang.
Alanis Morissette ~ Ayy yes this is good. I love that she’s still making music.
Red Hearse ~ A fairly simple song yet it’s bloody incredible. Still adore it.
BANKS ~ I love her and she’s such an artist.. this song isn’t it though if I’m honest. I got a big bored..
Chesca, Jon Z ~ Not too keen. Heard too many like this to be moved if I’m honest
1196 days 8 hours ago
Patrick319
01) Chloe x Halle - Looking back I prefer Ungodly Hour but this is still a really good song. Pleasant listen every time.
02) push baby - I don't mind this genre at all but something about this rubs me the wrong way.
03) Victoria Justice - This isn't entirely for me, but I'll admit that it's catchy.
04) Manal - Slay outsold but this is great for the meme value. I do like the song, too.
05) Olivia Dean - This is beautiful. I find myself listening to it a lot. Fantastic vocal, and touching melody.
06) ORI - Not a bad song, but I don't think it'll stand out from this semi-final.
07) DOLLA - This genuinely caught me off guard the first time I heard it, in a good way. It aged well.
08) Jumpa, VVAVES - This is an enjoyable listen but I'm mostly over it by now. It's kind of basic, and not inventive enough to sustain my interest.
09) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate - One of my favourite songs of the year. Puts a smile on my face every time I listen to it.
10) Karmen x BRUJA - Robbed winner. This held up well for me. It still snaps.
11) Why Don't We - The controversy surrounding this song makes me like it more LOL. I don't know why I didn't love it from the start because it's totally up my alley, but perhaps my taste is evolving!
12) Aly & AJ - This song invented pop music. One of the catchiest songs of the year.
13) Aluna - This has aged off me a little bit but it's objectively a good track.
14) Mondo Grosso - I do appreciate this but I can't see myself voting for it over some of the other songs in this semi-final.
15) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - On paper I should like this a lot but something about it isn't clicking for me. I do acknowledge it's pretty, however.
16) beabadoobee - I was shocked this did so well. I don't "get" it.
17) The Chainsmokers - BASIC BOP. This is their best song for sure. Its aged surprisingly well, too.
18) Millie B - No.
19) Tayla Parx - YASSSSSS. This song is so good. I was afraid it would be severely underrated, which it was by some voters to be fair. It's such an easy listen, and makes me move each time.
20) LÉON - A really pretty song, but not one of my favourites from her.
21) KAYTRANADA - I mean this song technically won. It's the canon winner.
22) Unsecret x Neoni - Good execution of the genre. A pleasant surprise that week for sure.
23) CupcakKe - I like this, but I haven't connected with it as much as her other more troll-ish songs.
24) Thelma Plum - Great winner. Everything about this is quality.
25) Evangelia - Great blend of modern and traditional elements. I feel like I should like it *more*, but perhaps I've been overexposed to it in recent days.
26) Vanessa Quai - One of the most iconic entries of the year, and little of that has to do with the actual song.
27) Rina Sawayama - The Bree Runway version made me appreciate this song more.
28) Dagny - Good pop song, but she has better songs.
29) HUGEL - I think I preferred the song of theirs that flopped but there's no denying how infectious this is anyway.
30) Alanis Morissette - Great recent release by a well-established artist.
31) Red Hearse - Stylistically, this is very cool. Perhaps a tad style over substance, though.
32) BANKS - I love this album but I don't come back to this song as often as I do some of the others.
33) Chesca, Jon Z - The best Spanish song to be entered this year.
1196 days 8 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
01) Chloe x Halle - let me just not acnowledge the fact chloe x halle and bree runway were robbed of winning that week by an overrated TSC artist for now... let's instead talk about how godly (hehe) is. the song just exudes luxury, such a moodsetter. ungodly hour was definetly top 3 albums of 2020 and this is one of my favorite songs from it. the harmonies yes GOD.
02) push baby - yeaaaaah i still don't like this. how did this get top 10 lmao
03) Victoria Justice - we deserved a victoria justice win we really did. colton haynes is the devil but victoria justice is the progenitor of pop music and this is just an iconic song. legendary even. killed ariana.
04) Manal - yeah i think i like sl*y better. it's a cool song but i'm left wondering why didn't will just send lapsley again so i could 0 it undeservedly again [EDIT: just realised 2nd chance entries were forbidden so thats why chappell roan isnt here gotcha gotcha]
05) Olivia Dean - the definition of pure, raw, unfiltered talent. i don't even know what is it about this song in particular that makes it so lovely but ahhh this just makes me happy
06) ORI - i must've been so busy posting gifs at the live show that this getting 2nd place didn't even cross my mind... don't remember how i felt about it then, don't really feel anything about this now.
07) DOLLA - saw them getting really overrated in other song competitions but idk, they're kind of queens! the song itself is fine, maybe i'm just too used to high quality kpop that efforts like these don't really hit me the same but it's a very fine song and i appreciate the effort. definetly entered in the wrong week tho
08) Jumpa, VVAVES - 5 of your exes kinda outsold but i still have time for this wasabi ripoff. i love the production!
09) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate - everything about this is incredible yet it's like the 4th best song on 2000AND4EVA. bree runway supremacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 also yung baby tate kills on this stream her ep pls!
10) Karmen x BRUJA - i'm still pretty meh about this. wish alewya or belaro were here instead but WHATEVER. it's a FINE song for what it is. better romanian bops were made and sent this year so!
11) Why Don't We - still don't really care for this song nor them really but i appreciate the sentiment.
12) Aly & AJ - my MOMS. i feel inclined to say "attack of panic" is better since i sent it so... "attack of panic" is better since i sent it. STILL i really really love this song. they haven't missed i believe! sunmi kinda deserved to win this week but both songs are stellar anyways SO yes i'm happy for them and i'm happy this won yes god the house.
13) Aluna - did a full 360... crazy... yeah i just hear a lesser version of "don't start now". i wish r.o.e. was sent even tho she would flop now THAT'S my mom.
14) Mondo Grosso - might boycott bc alexeh did not in fact send teamarrr for this but WHATEVER this is still a really great song and i'm pleasantly surprised it's here!!!
15) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - i really regret not sending this the week it was sent (even tho i still outplaced it) because this... this is just a fabulous song. not even a mumbling, energy killing khalid can kill this song. victoria monet's power! one for the history books yes god!
https://i.imgur.com/sE3NrpM.gif
16) beabadoobee - i love this queen. i hate that her biggest song is that soundcloud rap SHIT but what can i say i really liked her album and even if "worth it" and "tonight" kind of outsold this, it still brings me back to that early 00s michelle branch fodder i live for. so good, i hope this does well.
17) The Chainsmokers - i get that this is an actually tolerable and decently produced song but that doesn't mean it's automatically good :D chainsmokers deserve to have their limbs torn off for crimes against music and i will preach that until they get their comeuppance!
18) Millie B - DO YOU WANT ME TO LEND YOU A BLENDER? like with cookiee kawaii don't know if this will get points but it honestly deserves to we'll see we'll see. halsey's cover at the tiahra nelson insta live outsold but it's FINEEEE we still LOVE her
19) Tayla Parx - yeeeeah i really robbed this the first time around, gave it like 6 pts i believe? either way pretty solid r&b! so poppy and cute. love love love.
20) LÉON - OVERRATED. never got the hype for this and it sure as hell shouldn't have beaten chloe x halle nor bree runway! like... i guess it's PRETTY but i don't know? what am i missing? it's a FINE song but léon should've sat there and ate her food. dan sent better this half anyways but i'll let the léon stans have their peace. it's... not for me i guess.
21) KAYTRANADA -
https://i.imgur.com/UOPyYg2.gif
the winner that never was </3 having to block tinashe out of the win while being a tinashe stan definetly weighed on my conscience and i apologise for my actions. god this song still GOES. honestly a masterpiece. i've raved about this song so many times i don't even know what to say anymore. so sleek and good, the fact it didn't win still keeps me up at night.
22) Unsecret x Neoni - tailormade for an edgy YA movie adaptation trailer now streaming on netflix. can't say i really liked it unfortunately, it's very "wh#te people fuck to believer by imagine dragons".
23) CupcakKe - it's a decent song for her. she's a pretty decent rapper once the novelty factor wears off but she kinda peaked circa "ephorize" era didn't she.
24) Thelma Plum - like with izzy bizu i really didn't think much of this until it grew on me a LOT in the course of the week it was sent. a really beautiful song AND hands down one of the best winners of the year. lowkey wish tinashe was here tho so i could finally have both tinashe songs outplace me and i could finally live in peace but it is what it is. as for thelma.... stellar song.
25) Evangelia - in contrast, this song kinda soured on me! "páme páme" might be 2 minutes of bed creaking and LALALALALALAALAs but i still prefer it to "fotia" that's funny! it's still a competent song but seeing it be so overused everywhere and the song itself aging like milk didn't do this any favors.
26) Vanessa Quai - where is the album we need the damn album
27) Rina Sawayama - easily song of the year. i remember being gobsmacked when i first heard this. rina's had a couple of AMAZING songs that made me stan (notably "alterlife" and "cherry") before dropping her album but this??? this??? THIS!!! a future classic and i'm happy for the slight viral success it brought her.
28) Dagny - should've been sunmi but i'm FINE with this. i mean i can't lie i really like this song still. yes it's very basic and yes it definetly SHOULDN'T have beaten rina but it's a very well produced scandibanger. what can i say? dagny's got the basic bops!
29) HUGEL - LMAOOOO this song has always been a scream. it's more funny than anything but it also kinda pops off? never been big on it or anything but it's a funny bop.
30) Alanis Morissette - has kind of grown on me but idk if this is my thing. her vocal kinda takes me out a little, sorry alanis.
31) Red Hearse - has grown on me substantially but oh my god men and their high falsettos need to chill. otherwise it's a pretty solid song and i can see why it won, albeit izah was ROBBED.
32) BANKS - another song on my tsc list ok fine i'll update it soon. still haven't gotten around to diving deep into banks' discography but this is just... so good. i really hope this qualifies i am rooting for it yes god.
33) Chesca, Jon Z - COME ON PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS. a p#ssy slapper if there ever was one and definetly alvaro's best song this year i mean come on now. so trashy but so fun, great way to end the semi.
1196 days 7 hours ago
Talian
01) 🟢 Chloe x Halle : not the best ungodly hour but fuck... did you hear those vocals?

02) 🟢 push baby : probably my biggest regret this year for not thinking about submitting this song myself.

03) 🟡 Victoria Justice : I thought I 12/10ed this (can’t remember) back in its original contest because the contest was just so bad but.. it’s still holding up? And she’s a legend.

04) 🟠 Manal : sure it’s fun and I remember liking this more on its original contest and on ESCT. Now it’s fine but still... for kinda old.

05) 🟠 Olivia Dean : there’s only that amount of times you can get me totally into this kind of chill throw back funky songs. Now... not that time. Still not bad tho.

06) 🟠 ORI : zero recollection of this. It’s... there. The chorus is a total let down.

07) 🟠 DOLLA : still holding up but went down quite a bit. Lost a little shine.

08) 🟢 Jumpa, VVAVES : stun.

09) 🔴 Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate : sorry Tom. My least fav Bree song of the year.

10) 🔴 Karmen x BRUJA : remember when I was red to filth for sending Karmen’s actual good song? This is very not for me. Hate the drop.

11) 🟢 Why Don't We : I don’t remember this at all. But fuck... such a stunning song! Kinda reminiscing of 5sos’s winner song from 2019 but either way... I stan. 

12) 🟠 Aly & AJ : they are queens but this song doesn’t do much for me. I like the vibe but the melody itself is a little weak.

13) 🟠 Aluna : used to play at my gym a lot. It’s ok but it’s kinda there.

14) 🔴 Mondo Grosso : no wonder here I guess. You know I am not really into this kind of draggy whimsy songs.

15) 🟠 Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis : i want something new this year. This 70’s dancey numbers were fine last year but this year ... not so much.

16) 🔴 beabadoobee : not my style at all. I am sorry I can’t really explain more.

17) 🟠 The Chainsmokers : yeah.. not bad bad but also.. kinda static. Good to work out to but not to actively listen to.

18) 🔴 Millie B : ok.

19) 🟠 Tayla Parx : read 15 & 17.

20) 🟠 LÉON : sorry longer from being my fav winner of the season. It’s nice but not that wowing.

21) 🟡 KAYTRANADA : queen. Such a fun song. Probably needed a little more lunch in the chorus but she just delivers.

22) 🟡 Unsecret x Neoni : the da da di da ya part was stunning. Then it kinda gets lost but either way good entry.

23) 🔴 CupcakKe : for how fun it is it’s very hard to please me with plain rap. And she has way better.

24) 🟠 Thelma Plum : not unbeatable but that guitar is really hitting a nerve for me. She is stunning tho.

25) 🟢 Evangelia : I can’t believe Peter  has been so good. This is just stunning. I mean... I love it.

26) 🔴 Vanessa Quai : this makes me think of the vacations I didn’t get thanks to miss rona.

27) 🟢 Rina Sawayama : what do you want to say to THIS? Stunning.

28) 🟡 Dagny : it’s a bop. But I feel it lacks that little something something.

29) 🟢 HUGEL : what can I say? Omg this is my favorite song.

30) 🟢 Alanis Morissette : do you want to know mine? BRAVE STOLE FUCKING WININA OAKS FROM MEEEE!!!!

31) 🔴 Red Hearse : I just don’t get it I’m afraid .

32) 🟢 BANKS : i’m far from being her fan but my oh my... this just blows my mind.

33) 🟠 Chesca, Jon Z : it’s the male for me.
1196 days 7 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Chloe x Halle - This has easily grown to be one of my favourite Chloe x Halle songs, and for all the good reasons. I am very glad they got the break they deserved from this release.
2. Push Baby - This iteration of Rixton is definitely more tolerable than the original, but it is definitely not something I would return to ever.
3. Victoria Justice - LMAO, the fact that this almost pulled another 'Oath' moment in TSC is indeed bloody iconic, also helped by the fact it even sounds like the aforementioned song. Not much can be said about the song, but I am glad it is here in Best Of.
4. Manal - Her music that has been exposed to TSC so far seems to be all style but no substance. This is just another showcase of that.
5. Olivia Dean - One of the best R&B entries of the past year. The song just sounds effortless which is something I cannot say about most music in this particular genre where people just try way too hard. Great pick.
6. ORI - Definitely lacks the punch it needs to stand out in a contest like this. It's a solid effort, but I am afraid that with the string of hard-hitters coming, this will get completely lost in the mix.
7. DOLLA - This Malaysian group is definitely highly inspired by the musical input of K-pop. Unfortunately, they went for the 'screechy noise without good melodies' part of the genre.
8. Jumpa, VVAVES - I think the fact that it is an obvious attempt of recreating '5 of Your Exes' is this entry's biggest failure, as it just reminds me of a superior song. Not bad by any means, but I never really returned to this following its original appearance for a good reason.
9. Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate - Easily her best song, the one time where the quality of the style in her release actually matches the level of songwriting. Very good.
10. Karmen, BRUJA - I am pretty sure I said this in its initial appearance, but gosh this drop is so abysmal. It ruins whatever the rest of the song had to offer.
11. Why Don't We - 'Black Skinhead' inspiration was definitely not a good bet as it is not really a song that needs much improvement, so this entry was destined to be compared less favourably as a result. Not bad as a whole, but still.
12. Aly & AJ - I hate to admit the fact that I tend to skip this most of the time when it comes up (Sorry Eddie!). I cannot deny that it still is a very solid song, though in terms of replaying Aly & AJ, I have gone back to listening to 'Potential Break-Up Song (Explicit version).'
13. Aluna - It is basically a cheap copy of 'Don't Start Now,' but I cannot deny that I enjoy both songs quite a lot.
14. Mondo Grosso - TSC had its fair share of J-pop being entered and most of the time it was utter crap. Not in this case, as Mondo Grosso do something that a lot of Japanese artists struggle to do - great restraint in the production. This is basically the modern version of 'Children' by Robert Miles. a great electronica tune with a magical feel that just transcends your typical pop record.
15. Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - You know that I appreciate the retro throwback that has been dominating the pop scene recently, but this just feels a bit too one-dimensional for its own good.
16. beabadoobee - This is just a great 90s-inspired post-grunge song. A mix of Sixpence None the Richer and the Nirvana instrumentals resulting in a surprisingly intriguing tune.
17. The Chainsmokers - I hate how much I enjoy this. The Chainsmokers are honestly horrific human-beings, but I cannot deny a banger like this.
18. Millie B - *inhales* IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME, I'M M TO THE B!
19. Tayla Parx - You can hear that she writes for Ariana Grande just by the way she sings this. Other than that, it completely passed me by.
20. LÉON - I remember hosting this contest - Dan initially submitted a different entry by her and I told him he'd do better by sending this instead. Of course, I was right. Strong winner at a time, but I feel like in a contest like this it is going to be slightly understated, mostly because this style of a song usually gets a lot of mid-points in a regular contest. Still a very nice song, but admittedly it has lost its magic since.
21. KAYTRANADA - Thankfully, the R&B entries in Best Of are the quality ones, though I would say this is more Electronic R&B if I were to describe it as a genre. I am very hopeful that KAYTRANADA will be rewarded in the upcoming Grammy's, but that seems farfetched considering who else he is up against and we know that the jurors there are not exactly counting such artists as their favourites...
22. UNSECRET x Neoni - Another one that I initially really liked, but where my love for it has really fizzled out. It's still a well-executed, epic-sounding song, however it is just not as effective on further listens.
23. CupcakKe - Boy does she spit bars. Unfortunately, her musical output has been lacking since 'A.U.T.I.S.M' and this is just a bit too outside my taste range to really appreciate it.
24. Thelma Blak - This is probably my favourite TSC winner of 2020. I legitimately have not stopped listening to it since then - that's how amazing this is to me.
25. Evangelia - I was expecting this to age like milk and boy was I right. No denying the quality this has got, but I can see why I never got back to listening to this tune.
26. Vanessa Quai - lol.
27. Rina Sawayama - Cannot tell you the number of times I have replayed this song over and over again...What a BANGER.
28. Dagny - Always been a fan of this song. Dagny rarely ever disappoints, and this CRJ-lite realness definitely gets me going every time I listen to it.
29. HUGEL - Fortunately, Bibbles is not here as she would really have to cover her ears on this one. This is quite an experience, and it definitely stands out. Not for me.
30. Alanis Morissette - I am quite glad that Alanis has managed to come out with some good music despite being considered a somewhat 'dated' artist. This definitely keeps up quite well in the current climate, not my favourite song from this semi, but definitely a solid pick.
31. Red Hearse - I still believe that the vocals are an absolute reach, but the overall product is just very good, with some great throwback sound put into the mix. Strong entry.
32. BANKS - So this down-tempo ballad has become my favourite BANKS song of all-time. Add the fact that BANKS is one of my favourite artists. So yeah...
33. Chesca, Jon Z - Not really keen on this, it feels like something that is quite dime a dozen in terms of its delivery and execution. Will probably struggle to make an impact overall.
1196 days 7 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) Chloe x Halle - I was always edgy when it came to this song. Since then it's grown on me a little but this is nowhere near my standout song of the year
02) push baby - this being top 10 is funny. For men it's fine tbh
03) Victoria Justice - controversial entry alert! I love cute catchy songs like this and this only grew on me since its robbery
04) Manal - original comment was " - she is a terrible dancer LMAO and wow this song could've really slayed me but instead it just like went down some weird rap route at the chorus and had no real beat drop… But this is so funny every time she does the "blesh" bit I like die it's fucking so silly" and yeah I still feel the same
05) Olivia Dean - original comment was " - when it started I knew I wouldn't like it but it slowly won over. If it picked up slightly more energy throughout I really would've been into it but ultimately it sounds too rough draft for me." This song aged very well to me. Maybe bc I'm tired this morning but I find it so soothing
06) ORI - It's solid but I wouldn't call it best of material. But since it placed 2nd who am I to judge?
07) DOLLA - I'm not gonna lie these girls snapped with this bop
08) Jumpa, VVAVES - this is a boring disappointment compared to 5 of your exes
09) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate - this song was the best song to be in TSC last year bar none. What an extreme slay
10) Karmen x BRUJA - honestly also a good bop. This semi kinda slays me
11) Why Don't We - https://i.imgur.com/J6B0emo.gif
12) Aly & AJ - moms, so proud of them for winning with this one. One of my favorite songs of last year (I ranked it #50)
13) Aluna - originally I called it repetitive. Giving it a second chance it still kinda bores me but it's not offensive
14) Mondo Grosso - original comment "what trancy hotel lobby music is this? Get it off my computer" and sums it up quite nicely still
15) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - smooth and so pleasant to listen to. However this is a semi full of hard cuts so I can't make room for everything I like
16) beabadoobee - this song bores me easily I'm sorry
17) The Chainsmokers - stop forcing them on me, I am not consenting to the chainsmokers in TSC
18) Millie B - LMAO in a floppier semi I would support this now but I like too many songs here. However I have to judge it based on its own! I would not want this girl painting my face
19) Tayla Parx - queen of (the movie) Hairspray! It's good for a few listens but doesn't stand out. However I'll always still enjoy it <3
20) LÉON - I prefer WHO YOU LOVIN' but this aged well for me.
21) KAYTRANADA - original comment was " - I'm glad tinashe is still singing but this just kinda fell flat for me? Besides a good beat" yea I feel the same it doesn't stand out to me months later
22) Unsecret x Neoni - originally this was 1 slot away from me pointing it. I like it better now and enjoy that it comes for my eardrums!
23) CupcakKe - she always bores me being in TSC the joke was over a long time ago
24) Thelma Plum - kinda confused how this won? The song I guess is good and her voice is interesting but like idk I just don't see winner vibes
25) Evangelia - if she's gonna lose control can she at least sound more excited about it
26) Vanessa Quai - mommmmmmmmmmmmy life has not been good in 2020 but for a moment this queen makes me forget all about that
27) Rina Sawayama - this REALLY bores me being in best of
28) Dagny - yea I for one am not a dagny stan and this sounds so forgettable and simple
29) HUGEL - oh it's a BOP! A fun surprise from last year
30) Alanis Morissette - an odd surprise to last year. I like it more now than I did then. So random though??
31) Red Hearse - maybe the best song by men of the year, it still holds up sadly
32) BANKS - queen of the slow burn. I liked this better then but it's still an enjoyable listen. I'm just not in that trance much anymore
33) Chesca, Jon Z - the man ruins the song… she made a bad choice with it
1196 days 7 hours ago
Lemjam6
01) Chloe x Halle - I HATE THEM AND I HATE THIS SONG. SO BAD LITERALLY SO BORING GET OFF MY SCREEN.
02) push baby - Okay this was really cool! I remember it at the time and I like it a lot. Dark, but really chill.
03) Victoria Justice - BOPPPP I LOVE THIS CONTROVERSIAL QUEEN. SHE IS COMING! This song is so catchy I love it.
04) Manal - This gave me anxiety there was too much going on.
05) Olivia Dean - She has a pretty voice and I remember I almost submitted this song, but it was just too boring for me.
06) ORI - This is just very average. It's an alright song, but it does absolutely nothing for me positively or negatively.
07) DOLLA - This is absolute shit.
08) Jumpa, VVAVES - Like this a lot! I remember liking it the first time and it's not SPECIAL, but it's alright.
09) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate - I hate this song, like I want to like her, but I just am not into this type of music.
10) Karmen x BRUJA - I found this to be very annoying I know it was literally just entered but I have no recollection of this song whatsoever and that is all I need to know.
11) Why Don't We - I LOVE THIS CONTROVERSIAL SONG! People were so pressed and I live for it.
12) Aly & AJ - Okay this is a bop! Love Aly & AJ and this song does them well. It's not like amazing, but it's good.
13) Aluna - It's definitely catchy and yeah I liked it better when I submitted it the first time, kind of didn't age well but still good.
14) Mondo Grosso - Didn't really  like this. It had such negative energy and it dragged on.
15) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - Not a fan of Victoria Monet I find her voice to be extremely bland and none of her songs have any energy whatsoever.
16) beabadoobee - I liked this at the time, but it's very boring.
17) The Chainsmokers - Daniel needs to get over his obsession with The Chainsmokers, but this is also a bop. Like they do release good music.
18) Millie B - I hated this at the time and I hate it now I know it's like trolly but it's just very annoying I can't.
19) Tayla Parx - I don't really remember this song, but I was vibing to it! It's fun and a bop.
20) LÉON - Ugh, I'm in love with this song. It's like slow and so beautiful I love everything about it. I remember i submitted it but i was too low and then it ended up winning.
21) KAYTRANADA - This is giving me sexual energy and I am feeling it!
22) Unsecret x Neoni - This was different and I'm torn on whether I like it or not. Parts of the song I liked and parts of the song I was not a fan of.
23) CupcakKe - I hate her I honestly find her so cringey and all of her songs just bother me.
24) Thelma Plum - I'm not sure why this won because it's not special whatsoever it's very dry.
25) Evangelia - This was fine, nothing special.
26) Vanessa Quai - GODDESS LIKE I KNOW IT'S FUNNY BUT I ACTUALLY REALLY ENJOY THIS SONG ITS SO CATCHY.
27) Rina Sawayama - I like Rina and her songs are good, but this is not one of my favorite songs of hers and she is overdone.
28) Dagny - This song is really good! Super catchy and I remember loving it so much in one of my first TSC's it has an amazing chorus and honestly an amazing everything.
29) HUGEL - Mediocre, don't feel anything about it.
30) Alanis Morissette - Love Alanis and love this song. She just has a magical voice.
31) Red Hearse - I hated everything about this, just annoying.
32) BANKS - I hate BANKS and I think this song is very dry. She doesn't have a good voice at all to me and the song doesnt make up for it.
33) Chesca, Jon Z- Absolutely fucking not
1196 days 5 hours ago
AlanDuncan
I had 0 qualifers last year I hope i get 2/2 this time
1196 days 5 hours ago
Alexeh23
Let's start by announcing the 6 unfortunate disqualifications from this semi final.

dragotistic - LÉON
Kelly0412 - Victoria Justice
hellomynameis347 - Manal
Lachie227 - Thelma Plum
LoveMeLoveMe - DOLLA
Natepresnell - The Chainsmokers

But we still have a valid result and 15 entries will be making it to the final!
1196 days 5 hours ago
AlanDuncan
My did my 15 points in each Semi not vote
1196 days 5 hours ago
LornaHollas
R.I.P. Victoria Justice
1196 days 5 hours ago
Alexeh23
(And if you can't qualify with all those disqualifications it really just wasn't meant to be.)
1196 days 5 hours ago
Darbe
Goodbye to my 20, my 12 and my 8..
1196 days 5 hours ago
Alexeh23
The first qualifier is...
Chloe x Halle!!
1196 days 5 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
i won

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!