This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2020 - Semi-Final 2

Topic » Best of TSC 2020 - Semi-Final..

1196 days 17 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) Chloe x Halle        I mean bop. classic BOP
02) push baby        yea easily bottom tier
03) Victoria Justice        yea she was after my time so i have no feelings about her and this is terrible, also fuck anything that has colton haynes attached to it
04) Manal        i mean this is better than the one in the first half
05) Olivia Dean        so many safe songs
06) ORI        meh, this is more for bibbs
07) DOLLA        we love trash in this house
08) Jumpa, VVAVES        for some reason i was tapping my toes on this one... weird
09) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate        seriously the second half so much is so much better than the first semi
10) Karmen x BRUJA        i am dancing to this one
11) Why Don't We        yea again not for me
12) Aly & AJ        i don't get why people stan this so much
13) Aluna        i mean it's aiight. not hating it
14) Mondo Grosso        what kind of video game loading screen nonsense
15) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis        not vibing with it today but it's like near my wheelhouse
16) beabadoobee        we hit the motr area
17) The Chainsmokers        this is not as good as the semi 1 one
18) Millie B        we all know the best mc it's m to the b m to the b m m m m m to the b BANG
19) Tayla Parx        this hits a good vibe
20) LÉON        very basic for me
21) KAYTRANADA        kinda vibes, not really hitting though
22) Unsecret x Neoni        there was a lot there, and i hated it
23) CupcakKe        it's really not her best work
24) Thelma Plum        like for the basic ones, it's alright
25) Evangelia        i meannnnnnnnnnn BOP
26) Vanessa Quai        it's sweat, but with no connection for me
27) Rina Sawayama        i know the gays love this, but i'm like... it's alright not something to super cake over
28) Dagny        what kind of basic?
29) HUGEL        we love trash!!!!!!!!
30) Alanis Morissette        i know it's not ben, but ben is that you?
31) Red Hearse        not into this when we have bops
32) BANKS        STOP TRYING TO MAKE BANKS HAPPEN STEVEN! (yes i know jojo submitted htis but i still blame steven)
33) Chesca, Jon Z        okay trash but spanish
1196 days 16 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) Chloe x Halle – This was chill. Enjoyable and a really good opener.
02) push baby – this was fine, nothing I would come back to though haha.
03) Victoria Justice – This is fine, considering this was froma  more recent TSC I didn’t really remember it haha
04) Manal – Will getting his life. Always enjoyed this song, it’s pretty iconic. I;m not sure how it will stand out in a strong semi, but it’s still fun. :)
05) Olivia Dean – This is very pretty and just has a really chill vibe. Very enjoyable and she ha s a lovely vocal.
06) ORI – This is fine. I liked the violin / strings instrumentation coupled with the retro beat for sure. Very pleasant,
07) DOLLA – Yeah enjoyable, very enjoyable. I’m surprised this only got 13th. :)
08) Jumpa, VVAVES – Stallion making us all dance. This was cool.
09) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate – This is cool. I enjoyed her the vibe. It’s not goin g to be one of my faves but it’s enjoyable haha. :D
10) Karmen x BRUJA – This was a pleasant surprise. Very enjoyable from the start to finish.
11) Why Don't We – This was cool, I really enjoyed this actually and that’s a surprise.
12) Aly & AJ – This is still very enjoyable and one of the better winners in my opinion. This is still as good as it was. :)
13) Aluna – I’m pretty sure I tried to enter this at the time and has been beaten to the punch, so this is still strong for me.
14) Mondo Grosso – I really enjoyed this at the time if I remember correctly and I still really enjoy it.
15) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis – Chill and has a nice flow, I mean the music video is also perfect for this haha.
16) beabadoobee – I like it’s incorporating the grunge element from the 90s, it’s good but isn’t going to be one of my favourites.
17) The Chainsmokers – This is also cool. Two strong entries from them. This is my favourite out of the 2 as it hits my taste range a lot more.
18) Millie B – I’m glad Tolis is having fun.
19) Tayla Parx – Good vocal, but it doesn’t standout enough here for me.
20) LÉON – It’s LEON, it’s going to be good but honestly other songs make more of an impact for me but this is still very solid and her vocal still sounds good. :)
21) KAYTRANADA – Very good. Love the vocal and the vibe in general. I’m glad this was chosen again as this is strong.
22) Unsecret x Neoni – I LOVE Neon’s music, everyone does better with them than when I submit them which is very sad :p This is really good. :)
23) CupcakKe – Becoming a TSC holiday tradition. Not one of my favourites from her.
24) Thelma Plum – Strong. Not as impactful as other songs here but I can see why this won.
25) Evangelia – The perfect mix of new and old Greek music. No secret that I still really enjoy this.
26) Vanessa Quai – I’m glad Rose is having the time of her life.
27) Rina Sawayama – It’s Rina so it’s gonna be very good. As usual she’s going to have a very good chance to win.
28) Dagny – Rod had a great TSC year. Personally this is good and enjoyable but doesn’t hit as hard as some of his other entries.
29) HUGEL – This got 7th? Ok….not sure happened in TSC 409. Not for me.
30) Alanis Morissette – This still surprises me, again I didn’t think I would like this as much as I do. That chorus is brilliant.
31) Red Hearse – One of the more surprising winners of the year. It’s really cool and something different. :)
32) BANKS – It’s fine. I prefer other songs by her for sure but it’s still good.
33) Chesca, Jon Z    - This is fire in parts and in other parts is ruined by Jon Z haha, a very good closer.
1196 days 13 hours ago
ganghandedcat
ganghandedcat... she's back with a vengeance

01 : Chloe x Halle – Do It : Haven’t heard this song in a while.. but Chloe x Halle are continuous excellence. This was one of the better songs from their last album, and it’s aged spectacularly. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t annoy me after a while, but it’s a nice start. Bop.
02 : push baby – mama’s house : This is a bit flat and boring and dull, I didn’t even remember it was in TSC if I’m being honest.
03 : Victoria Justice – Gold : LMAO queen… but girl, best of? That’s certainly something. That whole edition of TSC was surely something.
04 : Manal – 360 : I think that this was my 12 in the edition, and my opinion on this whopper remains the same, a true banger through, and it’s true. I enjoy the way she raps at me, like, yes, give me everything that I’ve wanted.
05 : Olivia Dean – The Hardest Part : Never was a MASSIVE fan of this, but it’s still quite a nice song. My opinion on this one hasn’t really changed either, not bad, but lacking the impact to be a ganghanded cat certified whopper. And I don’t usually like songs like this much anyway.
06 : ORÎ - Fire in the Flood : I saw this title and I didn’t remember the song at all even though I should… This is very fine, has a nice instrumental track, but his voice in that chorus annoys me and grates on me. It’s not bad, but it doesn’t particularly wow me. Nice instrumental though.
07 : DOLLA – Impikan : The way this SERVE just SERVES and maintains its position as the SERVE. No more questions, this is it. Much, much better than the English version too.
08 : Jumpa, VWAVES – He Can’t Dance : This is a bit of a cute bop, knew it from some recaps but I think this was my first time hearing this in full in quite a while? And in full it’s quite a bit flat? Not bad, just flat. That hook though, it’s addictive, and I love the moans.
09 : Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate – Damn Daniel : I wasn’t really familiar with this particular Bree Runway song. It was going really well for a while, builds up pretty good in the end, but that chorus lost me. I don’t like the vibe that much, sorry.
10 : Karmen x BRUJA – Belladonna : I could write an essay about how this was rigged out of the victory, but I’m content with my .5 for this. Just sent this for the giggles, having a proper ball. One of the better half of entries I’ve sent and I enjoy it. x
11: Why Don’t We – Fallin’ (Adrenaline) : This is a bit more annoying on this listen than it was before. Don’t have much of an opinion on this one, really? But it’s not bad, but it’s not grabbing my attention.
12 : Aly & AJ – Joan of Arc on the Dancefloor : I’m a bit bored of this now. It’s still really good, but it is just a bit grating. Nonetheless, a good song. Thank you NicoleF.
13 : Aluna – Envious : I’m envious once I found out that she’s Welsh, just kidding, not really. This song was the worst of her recent ones, and I’m not afraid to say it. Don’t like the vibe, and her voice grates on me in the chorus.
14 : Mondo Grosso – Labyrinth : Ugh… this flavourful excellence, I’m in love. Loved this for years, and it’s just a classic that can never age. I love the sound and the vibe and the whole atmospheric build-up on this one.
15 : Victoria Monét, Khalid, SG Lewis – Experience : I absolutely adore this. I’ve loved Victoria Monét for a long time, and this is one of her all time bests. It just is so smooth and enjoyable to listen to, great video, and great all round.
16 : bebabadoobee – Care : She does have better on this, but it’s grown on me quite a bit since the edition. All around a nice song with a good vibe. Like the instruments and her voice. The care in the chorus does get a bit grating though, still, to this day.
17 : The Chainsmokers ft. Emily Warren – Side Effects : This song just hits. I hate to admit that I enjoy a song from this duo, it is indeed a crime against humanity, and I am ready to be tried in the Supreme Court, but it’s just that much of a banger that I cannot self-censor to appear good to this TSC community, which, let’s face it, is messy anyway. What a bop. The post-chorus speaking parts just speak to me as an individual in the second chorus.
18 : Millie B – M to the B : I was surprised when I saw this in TSC Best Of. TolisKalkas, you have some nerve sending this here. It’s still a whopper, I don’t care, I don’t care. I appreciate you, I really do. This Sophie Aspen send SENDS.
19 : Tayla Parx – Dance Alone : This is really quite nice, I have the same opinion on this as in its week. It’s very solid, and I don’t have a lot of critiques. There’s something about it which doesn’t FULLY connect me to it, but still, excellence. I enjoy it. Maybe I lied in the first part, this has grown on me quite a bit since the week it competed in.
20 : LÉON – And it Breaks My Heart : Never was much of a LÉON fan, and this song hasn’t really helped me change my mind on that. It’s not “bad” at all, but doesn’t really captivate me much. Sorry dragotistic.
21 : KAYTRANADA ft. Tinashé – The Worst in Me : I wasn’t a massive fan of Tinashé’s latest releases if I was being honest with you, and this one is a bit flat in parts, but it’s much better than that Just Save Room for Us. I couldn’t fully connect with this, but I do remember the scandal when it didn’t win its week. It’s pretty nice though, still. Cute bop.
22 : Unsecret x Neoni – Fallout : This sort of Netflixpop has lost itself on me a bit, especially since 2017. In 2021, this just doesn’t connect with me. I like the dramatic dum dums, if this was just an instrumental I would be sold. But this voice is making me lose it entirely.
23 : CupcakKe – Discounts : Come through queen. She’s had better, but this is still good. I like it, just don’t know how it matches up to other songs here. 100% robbed in its week though.
24 : Thelma Plum – Better in Blak : I never liked this, and when it won the week, I was indeed confused. She seems like a lovely woman, but fuck that. The song isn’t really for me, bit dragging.
25 : Evangelia – Fotiá : Enjoy this whoppa still, a great song. When I first listened, it was very flat, but since then it has grown on me. Right now it’s on a bit of a “down” in comparison to some of the other great songs, but those Greek strings still get to me and make me want to know. Bangs hard.
26 : Vanessa Quai – Life is Good : I have some questions miss SeaViper. I fuck with you for trying <3
27 : Rina Sawayama – XS : A whopper still, love me some Rina Sawayama. Give me a little bit more, a little bit more. Oh me, oh my. She’s been around the towns, but it’s still a good song. I could listen to this on a car drive across the Irish sea, but then I might drown.
28 : Dagny – Somebody : Was never a massive fan of Dagny, and this song seals the deal for me. I can see the appeal for others with its uptempo vibe and positive vibe, a true Svalbardian whopper with the cute video. It’s just not my type really, but it’s not atrocious.
29 : HUGEL – Mamma Mia : The man picking his nose at the start, ew gross. I see this combination of HUGEL and Amber Van Day, and I immediately get worried. This is a bit of a bop though? Doesn’t really feel like Amber Van Day if I’m being honest, so I can’t make my mind up on this… I wish it went somewhere higher so it would be better though.
30 : Alanis Morissette – Reasons I Drink : Never knew this was in TSC. I always hear the name Alanis Morissette, but I didn’t have much of a strong opinion on her, mainly because I don’t remember her songs. This is a bit boring, but she has a nice drawl. Bless her heart.
31 : Red Hearse – Half Love : Just, no. It’s just that voice and that chorus, a true dirge. Nothing positive. Probably the worst TSC winner in this year’s half for me. Sorry, no hate, just not my thing <3
32 : BANKS – Contaminated : I haven’t heard of her name in a while, and I hadn’t heard this Hungarian song  before, so I listened and it was just a bit flat and went nowhere? Like, nothing interesting happened and it just wasn’t a beautiful song. I wasn’t going for this vibe, sorry.
33 : Chesca, Jon Z – Deja De Hablar (Blah Blah Blah) : What a banger. I wanted to send it to this week but varlto king got it before I did… What a banger and a slapper and it brings the house down. Love Chesca, come through ultimate bop.
1196 days 13 hours ago
MISSimogen
01) Chloe x Halle - so gorgeous.. an iconic song
02) push baby - ummmm nah this still isnt leaving any impression on me
03) Victoria Justice - this wasnt my era
04) Manal - too noisy
05) Olivia Dean - so beautiful
06) ORI - i get the appeal its catchy and everything i just dislike the vocal
07) DOLLA - its fun but its just a bit generic
08) Jumpa, VVAVES - the chorus is fun but its not rly for me
09) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate - this has grown on me a lot more.. its cutesy
10) Karmen x BRUJA - i literally have forgotten almost all of these ur jokin me... and it came 3rd? WHEN
11) Why Don't We - its alright.. bit generic
12) Aly & AJ - gorgeous.. it aged a BIT but not enough to make me dislike it.
13) Aluna - def am higher on this than i was before.. its a grower!
14) Mondo Grosso - this is cute.. its def grown a bit on me its just v chill
15) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - love this a LOT more than i did it is rly gorg
16) beabadoobee  - i think its cute the chorus is just a bit lazy to me
17) The Chainsmokers - nah ch*insmokers shouldnt be on any best of list.
18) Millie B - anyways
19) Tayla Parx - the production and voice is gorg but i think there are songs that do this sound better... i still am quite high on it though.
20) LÉON - honestly just amazin she can never miss
21) KAYTRANADA - still really enjoy this
22) Unsecret x Neoni - its giving me very trailer music
23) CupcakKe - nah she fell off
24) Thelma Plum - GORGEOUS. pleasantly surprised when she won
25) Evangelia - yeah its pretty i can see why it won
26) Vanessa Quai - nah
27) Rina Sawayama - gorgeous and truly deserved to win
28) Dagny - yeah this is gorg i cant even lie
29) HUGEL - this is a lot
30) Alanis Morissette - the voice is okay but bit drowsy
31) Red Hearse - omggg yesssss i rly like this
32) BANKS - stunning... this has turned into one of my fave songs from her
33) Chesca, Jon Z - this is just not for me
1196 days 12 hours ago
SeaViper
1) Chloe x Hallie- Two iconic queens, but this is honestly one of my least favourite songs from them

2) Push Baby- Well...this certainly wasn't normal, which I can appreciate, but...what was this?

3) Victoria Justice- Queen! Hopefully, Miss Justice can get Justice this edition!

4) Manal- Sorry, but this was horrible

5) Olivia Deen- I was hoping this would be good, but it just bored me

6) ORI- This had a nice enough beat! It wasn't bad, but won't be getting particularly high points

7) DOLLA- I do not remember this, and I'm glad, this was awful

8) Jumpa, VVAVES- This was solid! Nice enough beat, not complaining!

9) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate- ICONICCCCCCC

10) Karmen x Bruja- No thanks, that's a big no thanks, this really didn't hit the mark

11) Why Don't We- Again, nice song, but it's just not memorable in the grand schene of things

12) Aly and AJ- This was the third-best winner of 2020, and the other two aren't here!

13) Aluna- Yessss! While it could fit into the category of an average pop song, this was actually quite enjoyable!

14) MONDO GROSSO- This was alright for me, but I've heard better K-Pop in TSC

15) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis- Eh, this existed. I didn't particularly enjoy this, but if it came on at a dance I wouldn't leave

16) Beabeadoobea- I remember this one! I enjoyed it the first time, enjoyed in the second, nothing else really to say

17) The Chainsmokers- LMAO, YES MR PRENSELL

18) Millie B- H to the O to the N to the E to the Y to the G it's Honey G! Wait...wrong person...I'm disappointed :/

19) Tayla Parx- FOR GOD's SAKE THIS ISN'T DANCE ALONE, PLEASE, GET YOUR DANCE ALONE'S RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20) Leon- Going back to semi 1, this was an average song and nothing more

21) KAYRANDA- What Tom Leeb's song should have been called. I hated this, but Worst is still better than Best :)

22) NEONI X UNSECRET- We've had a streak of just "Fine" songs, this is no different

23) CupkAke- Ok, this was memorable, but not fun!

24) Thelma Plum- Fourth best winner of TSC this year! This is honestly a bop, a winner I truly agreed with!

25) Evangelia- Nope, this was just as average as average pop songs come

26) Vanessa Quai- MUM

27) Rina Sawayama- My least favourite Rina this year, and that's saying something as I disliked 2/3 of them :)

28) Dagny- This robbed Vanessa of the win! Overall though, it's not so bad and quite enjoyable!

29) HUGEL- Idk what I just saw, but I want to bring my horse to the grocery store! Kinda a bop, but also awful at the same time

30) Alanis Morissette- Lornaaaaaaaaaa! This wasn't terrible, I enjoyed it! Kinda boppy!

31) Red Hearse- I remember this! There were other songs I'd preferred to have won, but this wasn't terrible, in my low top 10 winners

32) BANKS- This was always just alright, never understood the hype

33) Chesca, Jon Z- I enjoyed this to an extent, but overall it's just an average pop song
1196 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
14) MONDO GROSSO- This was alright for me, but I've heard better K-Pop in TSC

https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/P4Y8LFSkXZKWqQVv3vGQt-VYXcOTWcVmItHPiMG2BpE/https/media.discordapp.net/attachments/757356475646738474/786340527796518922/yesnoyesno.gif
1196 days 12 hours ago
Eoin
01) Chloe x Halle - TOOT - Things they did - THAT.

02) push baby - BOOT - I am not in love with this in all honesty, feels like a lame 21 Pilots cover band.

03) Victoria Justice - TOOT - Solid little cutesy bop, no qualms here, just a nice song.

04) Manal - BOOT - Well this was just a little bit shit wasn't it? Nothing that really has me gagging here.

05) Olivia Dean - BOOT - I was bored, it wasn't so beautiful that I stanned, it just bored me.

06) ORI - TOOT - Encompasses the strong male vocal and elements of synth, really strong.

07) DOLLA - BOOT - No, it's not something I'm in love with.

08) Jumpa, VVAVES - TOOT - This is okkkkkk, it's a worse version of 5OYE but it's still solid.

09) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate - BOOT - Me when I see NatePresnell in TSC for another year.

10) Karmen x BRUJA - BOOT - I like hate the drop of this so much, just not something eoin stans.

11) Why Don't We - TOOT - Kinda funny a song that was grounds for DQ is here, but yeah it's quite good, not 5SOS Teeth good, but strong.

12) Aly & AJ - BOOT - Wow the winner of Eoin week, didn't like it then, don't love it then.

13) Aluna - TOOT - This song hasn't aged super well, but it's a really cool song that I still listen to regularly.

14) Mondo Grosso - TOOT - I'm not shook but this is actually quite cute, nothing out of this world but lovely.

15) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - BOOT - This just leaves no impression on me, I don't hate it but I'm not in love with it either.

16) beabadoobee - TOOT - A nice grunge song done really well, really crisp vocals that help too, good choice.

17) The Chainsmokers - BOOT - I dislike Daniel greatly.

18) Millie B - BOOT - I dislike Tolis greatly.

19) Tayla Parx - TOOT - I liked this at the time and still do, it's a well done throwback style song, something that feels special about it.

20) LÉON - TOOT - I mean, it's fine...Like kinda desensitised to LEON by this point, feel like we've heard it all before.

21) KAYTRANADA - BOOT - Yeah, this just isn't my style at all really, nice effort but not for Eoin.

22) Unsecret x Neoni - BOOT - This was a bit too dark for me, I just wouldn't ever listen to this if i did not have to.

23) CupcakKe - BOOT - This flopped for a reason, don't send on artist name!

24) Thelma Plum - TOOT - She has a really nice voice, the song doesn't slay me, but it's a cute little listen.

25) Evangelia - BOOT - Yeah, it needed a bit more fire, fire, fire, yeah for me to really love this.

26) Vanessa Quai - BOOT - Eh, I'm over this meme.

27) Rina Sawayama - TOOT - Yeah, this is super strong and it's what made me fall in love with Rina, no choice but to stan.

28) Dagny - TOOT - Solid execution, slightly basic but it's a cute pop song.

29) HUGEL - BOOT - Yeah, it's a no from me, a little too cooky for me.

30) Alanis Morissette - BOOT - I always want to like this, but I simply do not. Just doesn't wow me or draw me in.

31) Red Hearse - TOOT - Yeah, this is really cool, high voice is kind of annoying but it's still cool.

32) BANKS - BOOT - Never was a lover of anything BANKS has did, and this has did little to change that.

33) Chesca, Jon Z - BOOT - I feel like we've heard this same song did better a 100 times before.
1196 days 10 hours ago
NicoleF
01) Chloe x Halle - TOOT - It's grown on me overtime ESPECIALLY now that I was able to listen to Ungodly Hour. It's a moderate like, nothing special and there's a lot better on the album, but it's still good nonetheless. Enjoyable!
02) push baby - TOOT - Oh wow I forgot about this song's existence but I really am enjoying it this time around! It has a good flow and I enjoy the vocals!
03) Victoria Justice - BOOT - Annoying bubblegum pop. Anyway, remember when Disney tried setting her up to be their breakout star and now Ariana is the biggest singer in the world right now and Liz is slaying the lead role of a multi-season network show. Karma!
04) Manal - BOOT - Wow I thought Victoria Justice would be the lowest we'd go in this semi, but this somehow found a way to be worse. It's so annoying.
05) Olivia Dean - BOOT - Light boot cause I actually really like her voice...but I was so bored throughout the song that I just had to boot especially for best of.
06) ORI - TOOT - Maybe it's cause there've been three lackluster submissions in a row leading up to this, but this was actually really good especially for a male. A lot of things clicked for me here!
07) DOLLA - BOOT - Stop. Just stop. Once again, a bad kpop song. The beat was one of the most annoying beats I've ever heard in my life.
08) Jumpa, VVAVES - BOOT - I love you Talian and you're a king but this is not it. Sorry love, it's just not hitting me the way it should.
09) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate - TOOT - People who think this is better than Apeshit are just incorrect, but this still is a fun bop. I'm convinced that Bree Runway can do no wrong! Queen shit!
10) Karmen x BRUJA - BOOT - This is going to make me look stupid, but Ava Max's Belladonna outsold and for some reason I couldn't get that different Belladonna song out of my head while listening to this...then I got pulled back in for that weird beat drop that literally sounded horrible...yet weirdly a little enticing!?!?!?
11) Why Don't We - TOOT - Why are men dominating this semi for me!?!?!? Genuinely scared, but this honestly snappedt. I've heard of this band, but never cared for the one or two songs I've heard from them before but this is great!
12) Aly & AJ - SHOOT - Best entry of the year hands down! Am I bias?! Maybe so! Hahaha! But forreal, they're both queens!
13) Aluna - BOOT - This aged horribly. I was super bored throughout the entire song. It doesn't shine...there's nothing special here.
14) Mondo Grosso - TOOT - Actually was pretty good. Liked the vocals and it had a nice, chill vibe. I'm not shocked though cause this is Alexeh we're talking about here.
15) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - SHOOT - Literally one of the best songs of 2020 periodt! It's just so fun! Literally gimme the roller blades and afro and lemme bop to this song on the rink! So 80s yet so modern! Love it! Victoria SNAPPEDT!
16) beabadoobee - TOOT - Wow this is giving me 2000s vibes in all the best way! Could literally see this song's chorus being used for an episode of S1-S3 Grey's Anatomy and I love Grey's music especially from that era so I'm obsessed!
17) The Chainsmokers - TOOT - I honestly like it! Maybe it's cause I stan Camila Mendes and she slays this music video, maybe it's cause I like Emily Warren's voice here especially the talk-singing. I don't know...it all works for me. Definitely better than the other Chainsmokers song.
18) Millie B - TOOT - It slaps so hard omfg!
19) Tayla Parx - TOOT - Both of Ariana's besties making successful music while Victoria Justice flops! We love to see it! This is a fun song!
20) LÉON - SHOOT - I've always found this song to be so stunning! The vocals are great and so goosebump-inducing, but holy hell the production on this song is some of the most beautiful production I've ever heard in my life! The choruses put me on a cloud that I wanna stay on forever!
21) KAYTRANADA - TOOT - So this is the best new artist nominee. Honestly, happy Tinashe was here cause she carried this song. It's okay, good enough to get a light toot but wow Tinashe's back must hurt from carrying this song.
22) Unsecret x Neoni - TOOT - Sounds like they're trying to be a darker Lorde and I'm living for it! Production really helps them here! Love it!
23) CupcakKe - BOOT - Hate that she won TSC best of last year and I refuse to let that happen again this year. Bye.
24) Thelma Plum - BOOT - I actually kept coming back to this song multiple times this week cause I wanted to like it so badly cause there are so many elements that I'd usually like, but it fails to come together and feel complete. Light boot.
25) Evangelia - BOOT - Not a bad song whatsoever, just very one-note and boring. It's fine. On a regular week, it might be a light toot, but it doesn't do anything for me here.
26) Vanessa Quai - BOOT - No...just no. At this point, song #56/63, I'm not here for an entry like this.
27) Rina Sawayama - SHOOT - Screw just TSC, this is one of the best songs of 2020 periodt! Literally soooo good! Blends so many different genres and it works perfectly. For some reason, the verses give me Cheetah Girls in Barcelona teas and I live for it! Then add that killer guitar and an infectious chorus...mwah! Masterpiece!
28) Dagny - TOOT - It's fun but I can't believe it beat XS...hopefully XS beats it here. It's a cute bop but it's nothing to stan. I still can't believe this beat XS...it's so much more basic compared to XS.
29) HUGEL - TOOT - Oh boy...didn't expect to see this song here. It's so bad that it's good. Highkey stan this! Ass, titties, shots, ass, titties, titties, ass, titties, shots, ass, titties, drink!
30) Alanis Morissette - BOOT - I wanna like this cause Alanis is a queen, but she's so boring in this song. Like...her vocals lowkey give me "You Say" Lauren Daigle vibes and I fucking despise that song.
31) Red Hearse - BOOT - That voice is super annoying. Higher than Adam Levine and shockingly more annoying than Adam Levine. It's a no from me.
32) BANKS - TOOT - Hasn't aged well to be completely honest, but it's a light toot cause the production and vocals are still nice overall.
33) Chesca, Jon Z - BOOT - Sorry Alvaro, you're a king, but this guy's voice is super annoying to me. The drop is kinda cool but nothing too unique or out of this world. I've heard similar. It's okay, but okay isn't enough for best of.
1196 days 10 hours ago
AlanDuncan
Chloe x Halle - I don't really this was targetted at me sorry
push baby - This was honestly better than expected. Shocked
Victoria Justice - Hmmm. Idk about this. A bit old school but all over the place.
Manal - This is more of my style I enjoyed this. A bit erractic though
Olivia Dean - This is objectivly good but it doesnt do anything for me. I like fast songs
ORI - i kinda shoulda won with this tbh
DOLLA - this doesnt belong in all-stars. plain jane asian pop
Jumpa, VVAVES - I kinda was bopping to this for ages. DIdnt age that well but I like it

Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate - not for me sorry
Karmen x BRUJA - this kinda just went by. nothing amazing. r we sure this is best of
Why Don't We - meh. better than the last 2 but nothing outstanding
Aly & AJ - Oh this fucking snaps.
Aluna - Not really my thing but it's pass.
Mondo Grosso - sorry alexeh. no.
Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - this was kinda dull. what a poor quartner
beabadoobee - its fine. nothing I would revist sorry.
The Chainsmokers - YASSSS RONNIE GET THAT MV CREDIT. I love this song.
1196 days 10 hours ago
AlanDuncan
Millie B - lamo kinda iconic
Tayla Parx - a bit sugar sweet but its fine.
LÉON - overhyped but its fine.
KAYTRANADA = really patrick janik. this? u have better
Unsecret x Neoni - non event until the last min. does it save it? maybe
CupcakKe - im kinda over her sorry.
Thelma Plum - oh this is everything i hate in song
Evangelia - oh finally a decent song this quartner. this had me from the start
1196 days 10 hours ago
AlanDuncan
Vanessa Quai - i know this is a troll but its not bad
Rina Sawayama - overhyped but this is a weak ass sf for "best off" so probably will get high points
Dagny - a simple poppy dagny song. yeah this is decent. not earth shattering.
HUGEL - this was kinda a tune. i stan
Alanis Morissette - not my kinda thing. its fine.
Red Hearse - who is jus21?? dafuq? this is very screechy but its fine.
BANKS - i dont get the hype of her sorry bout it
Chesca, Jon Z - oh good end. bop.
1196 days 10 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
01) Chloe x Halle - quite excellent if u ask me. they shouldve won that week honestly they belong in the hall of fame
02) push baby - I barely remember this but thats clearly for a reason because this is giving me panic at the disco/maroon 5 LITE and i'm not living for that
03) Victoria Justice - remember when victoria justice won tsc 422 with this song? yeah thats my reality that im choosing to live in
04) Manal - honestly i want both manals in the final, make it happen gays. the funny thing is i prefer slay to this
05) Olivia Dean - could you imagine this song winning best of.. like thats the timeline i wanna be apart of this song is amazing
06) ORI - this getting 2nd makes no sense to me it also beat victoria justice make it make sense. i dont like it soz
07) DOLLA - yesss fuck it up girlies. im still kinda annoyed this was sent to 420 cause they wouldve done better in another week i felt. but im stanning them here idc idc queens
08) Jumpa, VVAVES - this is kinda better than 5 of your exes i cannot lie to you. it's a serve quite frankly, & its catchy
09) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate - this is srsly one of bree's best songs it just gets me in the MOOD and i just wanna shake my ass to it. bree needs to slay w this
10) Karmen x BRUJA - the real winner of tsc 422 omg congrats ganghanded on ur .5 win. idk how shes gonna do in best of but its cute
11) Why Don't We - https://i.imgur.com/J6B0emo.gif
12) Aly & AJ - still annoyed i didnt send them since i rlly was gonna the week before it was actually sent. oh well i got enough wins this yr </3
13) Aluna - it's a good song but like i'm not too slain or whatever. shes got one of my fav voices though i luv her in baggage ft. gryffin x
14) Mondo Grosso - it's unfortunate that like everyone who was gonna 12 this nq'ed and didnt vote because of how GOD AWFUL the final was that edition. can this win
15) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis - omg wait this needs to win too... HELP this semi is kinda serving what it needs to serve. her best song
16) beabadoobee - i'm still not incredibly moved by this song its not really a type of song id be drawn to unforch.
17) The Chainsmokers - better than the one in the other semi but still kind of horrid . do better !
18) Millie B - lyrical genius methinks
19) Tayla Parx - i love this queen tbh i wouldnt have sent her if zimzalabim was allowed but tayla deserves this qualify. idk if she will though =[
20) LÉON - i mean its leon shes talented af and wont ever make a bad song and thats on being a WINNER
21) KAYTRANADA - i cant believe this was 1. stolen from slice 2. lost :( this week was kind of a mess i have no clue how this is gonna do here tho
22) Unsecret x Neoni - this is cute TP, i feel like epic music is very ur thing and im here for it at times. liked it x
23) CupcakKe - i love her but this kinda wasnt as good as what she used to make, i want some freaky lyrics
24) Thelma Plum - to be honest it wouldnt have been my winner in its week, that said its a gr8 song and im not mad at it being here @ all
25) Evangelia - MAN! jk. i love that pete won a tsc by such a large margin i rlly loved that for him. now this song has been over sent to death now its been in a million diff contests i feel and im slightly over it even though it is a good song
26) Vanessa Quai - thanks for the positivity gorl
27) Rina Sawayama - her losing to the song thats coming up NEXT the literal shade of this running order i see you alexeh. yh bop
28) Dagny - i just rlly like dagny and her new music, no matter how basic it may be its just really good to me.
29) HUGEL - i enjoyed this more in its week lol yh its cute tho loving her sass x
30) Alanis Morissette - oh im soo so sorry but i really dont fkin like this it's not my type of song whatsoever.
31) Red Hearse - its good, i never rlly listened to this cause it was in the other semi and i nqed so i never had to listen to it. its just fine
32) BANKS - YES mother <33333 adore this song to this day i want another banks album actually i need it.
33) Chesca, Jon Z - one of alvaro's good entries <3 *shakes ass*
1196 days 9 hours ago
PoohSnap
01) Chloe x Halle- Eoin I love you but I don’t love Chloe x Halle :( don’t dislike but it’s just kinda “there” for me
02) push baby- Too Imagine Dragons esque for my taste (by that I mean lots of anthemic intensity I wasn’t really in the mood for)
03) Victoria Justice- She’s soooo cornballs for me but this is fun for what it is haha
04) Manal- IDK if it was the prechorus or the chorus but the part before the “blesh” part was neat. Not as crazy about all the blesh.
05) Olivia Dean- A true vibe, I wanted it to vibe even more but I’m also good with what I got
06) ORI- This truly pops off at the mouth. So hype!!
07) DOLLA- Ehhhhhhh not my genre, not enjoyable to me (too much going on)
08) Jumpa, VVAVES- A classic at this point! It’s on my “indie songs you can play at parties without your friends taking the aux cord from you” playlist
09) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate- It’s okay, it’s a soft bop
10) Karmen x BRUJA- It sticks with you, an ear worm 5sure. It’s also pretty unique.
11) Why Don't We- Boybandy and boppy, not bad
12) Aly & AJ- I like them… not indie ENOUGH for me (I think they still could go more hardcore into the indie depths) but it’s a nice listen
13) Aluna- It was hard to get into. Really not gripping me yet.
14) Mondo Grosso- I’ve loved this and kept it playing since I first heard it! It’s beautiful and a pure dream.
15) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis- It came, and then it went. Not what I expected from Khalid.
16) beabadoobee- My top submission of 2020! This gives me everything and then some. Such a beautiful and nostalgic and badass number.
17) The Chainsmokers- This is the superior Chainsmokers song compared to the Semi 1 IMO. I like it and Camila Mendes.
18) Millie B- A good different from other stuff in this contest. I like her voice lol
19) Tayla Parx- Ooh yes. It gets better and it evolves into a full melodic anthem.
20) LÉON- This song made my 2020. I’m not being dramatic lol I live in an apartment complex close to almost everywhere I need to go and have been taking COVID pretty seriously (not driving further to see lots of friends), so sometimes on my way back from short trips to wherever, just to drive around for a long time on the roads nearby I’d blast LEON. This song became my fav from the minute I first heard it. I’m so happy that I discovered her real stuff (not just Tired of Talking) and this song will never get old! It’s gold.
21) KAYTRANADA- Even though it got somewhat too intrepid with a “background music” kinda vibe, I liked it and would play it again.
22) Unsecret x Neoni- This is something I remember! It stuck with me, and it’s kinda bare bones for a more “rock” type song but it works. I like how it doesn’t do too much.
23) CupcakKe- Not feeling it. I only like her for novelty value and by that I mean Deepthroat
24) Thelma Plum- This gets really good by the end, it’s a subtle hype man song. And deep.
25) Evangelia- LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE catchy and great instrumentals, vocals, the whole package
26) Vanessa Quai- Memorable but kinda… lol still. But it’s relaxing.
27) Rina Sawayama- This is a great song by her, so even though she’s sooooo over submitted here, it’s appreciated a lot by moi bs she’s THE Rina
28) Dagny- This is one of her best. Damn Dagny. She’s the best at making memorable and infectious poppy beats
29) HUGEL- I really did not like the voice, it felt forced
30) Alanis Morissette- A seasoned vocalist and performer making a seasoned song. Put in the parsley, sage, rosemary, & thyme. I’m ready to feast!
31) Red Hearse- The voice is very choice, but overall it sets a vibe that I like
32) BANKS- Her songs always hit the territory of what I really like, but, at times, falls short of the mark. I'm sooo conflicted.
33) Chesca, Jon Z- This was an exciting end to the contest
1196 days 9 hours ago
jojo7784
Chloe X Halle - I mean bop. I’ve always enjoyed this song and honestly I think I like it more now than when it was originally submitted so slay

push baby - I remember loving this song when it was originally submitted and I still love it now. It’s like a fun pop song that like doesn’t seem like something I’d like on the surface but end up loving

Victoria justice - so like objectively this song is like not very good but for some reason I find it to be rather iconic I can’t lie. Like it is catchy

Manal - At first I was like oh flop I won’t like this but I’m kinda bald it really kinda slayed me. A bop is all I can say.

Olivia Dean - this song was okay, I just found myself to be a bit bored. Like I don’t really have any problems with the song other than the fact that it just didn’t really keep me interested or invested

ORI - I enjoyed it a lot and it honestly felt really different. Like I feel like I haven’t heard a lot of songs like this before and I really appreciated the originally I felt this song brought

DOLLA - This was cute. Like there were parts I was hopping to and enjoyed a lot and then other parts of the song didn’t seem to fit and felt weird. Overall I enjoyed it but with so many iconic songs so far who knows.

Jumpa and VVAVES - I love thing song so like I’m happy to see it here. Like this bop has me dancing whenever I hear it. Phenomenal.

Bree Runway - Hated it then, hate it now. Moving on.

Karmen - Bop. I’m really enjoying these foreign language songs so far today and this one isn’t any different. A fun dance beat that feels a little different is perfect.

Why Don’t We - I’m gonna be honestly I’m really quite concerned with how much I enjoyed this. Like I loved this like a lot and I’m unsure why because I told myself I would hate this but wow it was just such a catchy bop wow

Aly & AJ - I mean this was good. I never really understood why it won because I don’t think it’s like phenomenal but it’s an enjoyable listen

Aluna - honestly didn’t love this, was kinda bored. Like her voice and singing is good and all I just don’t really like the song to be honest, tragic.

Mondo Grosso - It was cute and enjoyable. I didn’t like LOVE it but it was a good song and like i liked that I feel like I haven’t heard anything too similar to it so yeah

Victoria Monet - I love this album and like this song but it is one of my least faves off the album still. This queen has far better songs and even tho experience is good I don’t think it’s good enough to win this contest, but bop nonetheless

beabadoobee - yeah sorry didn’t love this. I wanted to at the start but the chorus really bothers me and honestly idk it’s just not good

The Chainsmokers - I hate to say this but this is a bop and it is what it is. Like I am literally dancing to this song as I listen and adding it to my music library like I loved everything about it

Millie B - like this is funny and I prefer it to some songs but like objectively it’s bad so it is what it is

Tayla Parx - I wasn’t really feeling this during the verses but when that chorus hit I was so bald like bop. Like this really is a case of a phenomenal chorus carrying an otherwise mediocre song but bop.

LEON - don’t get me wrong this is like fine but how did it win? Like it’s not some great phenomenal song so I’m honestly just a bit confused but like it’s fine I guess LMAO

KAYTRANADA - This cute, not the best today but not the worst either. I enjoyed the song but there was no like WOAH factor that put it into top tier song for me but like overall still a good song that I enjoyed

Unsecret - I remember this iconic bop. Loved it then, love it now, will probably always love it. It’s just so different I think and I really enjoy listening to it more than I should

CupcaKKe - honestly bop, like it’s no where near the best song here but I enjoyed that way more than I expected to LMAO

Thelma Plum - like other songs here I have nothing against this song other than the fact that I’m bored. Like it’s fine but that’s it

Evangalia - I enjoyed this a lot, it’s a fun dance beat that’s a little bit different and that’s exactly the type of stuff I’ve been talking about loving with a lot of these entries.

Vanessa Quai - I feel like I enjoy this song more than I should and I honestly always have but I just think it’s so cute like I love it

Rina Sawayama - bop bop bop, I love this album, I love this song, I love this queen.

Dagny - this is super cute and all but I don’t think it’s like amazing. I enjoy it but there is far better songs in this contest

HUGEL - yeah so this is bad and like idk what else to say

Alanis Morissette - this was like fine but I didn’t love it, something about the verses bothered me and the chorus while good wasn’t enough to make up for that

Red Hearse - eh, I was annoyed, bored, and wanted it to be over for basically the whole song, not on the level as most of these songs, I will never understand how this is a winner

BANKS - I mean I’m biased her but bop, I love this song and I think it’ll unfortunately probably be drowned out in the large volume of amazing songs in this contest

Chesca, Jon Z - kinda a bop, like I enjoyed it enough to dance to it and on a normal week it would probs be too 5 for me but in a week this strong it’ll be hard for me to place this
1196 days 9 hours ago
rodrigueseve
01) Chloe x Halle- Queens of R&B, I hate trap and even that they made work. This is such a hoe night out anthem, I love it
02) push baby- Very 21P meets 5SOS which isnt a bad thing. I remember stanning this, I still like it but in a Best Of semi I doubt it will do too well with me
03) Victoria Justice- I get the joke appeal of this but objectively, far too dated little girl bop
04) Manal- BLASH. The superior Manal song.
05) Olivia Dean- I remember not geting the appeal for this at the time. I do now tho. Its a stunning ballad. Really good
06) ORI- Its fine, just a bit too boy bandy for my mood right now
07) DOLLA- If I remember correctly they're like thai or vietnamese or something? I just wanted to use the right initial... too lazy to bother so (insert first letter of their country)-pop, we STAN. I actually thoroughly enjoyed this pretty boppy, and the drop fits well with the rest of the song
08) Jumpa, VVAVES- LMFAO THE LYRICS I DIDNT REMEMBER THIS. Lowkey stanning the beat for the most part tho
09) Bree Runway, Yung Baby Tate- Still spitting bars, still disliking the music tho...
10) Karmen x BRUJA- Oh hell nah, this is so basic. It is a bit latin, a bit pop, a bit trash, no class... I really thought this was an Alvaro entry ngl.
11) Why Don't We- This is very ORI but it has a better beat and the chorus is cool so I don't mind the boy bandness
12) Aly & AJ- As y'all know I really dislike Eddie, but even I couldn't be mad he won with this BOP. Sure the chorus kinda sound slike it was played in a childrens toy but I dont really care tbh
13) Aluna- People clickraced for this. I get it, it is nice. Its nothing outstanding. Dont really like that sound in the chorus after she ends the verses, specially after she says ENVIOUSS TU RU RU RU
14) Mondo Grosso- Oooooh disco realness. Asian Jessie Ware? This is real cute but loses a bit by going on for a bit too long. But I still enjoy it
15) Victoria Monet, Khalid, SG Lewis- Another retro treasure I fell for, very well done, synths well placed, very ethereal
16) beabadoobee- I believe a song by her made Kpopalypses Best Of the past two years. Its cool, not really my style but a cool change of pace nonetheless
17) The Chainsmokers- Not this BEAST again.
18) Millie B- This is funny but it ain't GOOD LMAO. Shook at Tolis picking this
19) Tayla Parx- It is fine but I don't see it stacking up to the more iconic songs this year. A few melodies I'm not too fond of
20) LÉON- One of the most beautiful songs that came out this past year I dare say, such a heartfelt song for me and the instrumental is very understated but very cool
21) KAYTRANADA- Ok this is actually pretty good, its well produced, well sang, well composed. It does have all the elements for a good song even if it isnt very much my style. Very well done
22) Unsecret x Neoni- Very epic sounding, I remember finding this one extremely robbed
23) CupcakKe- Cupcakke is a good rapper. That being said, haven't liked any of her music since LGBT
24) Thelma Plum- I think I was a bit bamboozled when this won but now I get it. In this chill indie style its in, its the most approachable it will ever get with it being rather fast paced yet retaining the chill quality to it
25) Evangelia- Great song, very subtle but it HITS at the right moments. I like it a lot, it also incorporates ethnic elements quite well
26) Vanessa Quai- ...come on, she was fun in a normal contest, not BEST OF
27) Rina Sawayama- One of the best songs and albums of the year, XS just takes the early 2000s sound and slaps it on a modern melody and aesthetic. I adore this
28) Dagny- Oh wow what a great song sent by an amazing formidable user
29) HUGEL- Another case of all style little substance. Its fun for what it is but stacked up against mostof these songs, I dont know if iconic will be enought o push it trough
30) Alanis Morissette- I think a lot of people adore this, and I do like it too with it being slightly dated but still feeling comfortable in 2020/2021. Its a good mix
31) Red Hearse- Oh wow this is a TSC winner? Who would have said a song like this would win TSC. Reminds me of The Gift a bit, which is a compliment ! I like it, I could do without that high pitched note slightly before the 2 minute mark. And after. Stop vocal wanking please.
32) BANKS- I'm a Banks stan. Literally my favorite singer, periodt. Thats it. Thats all you need to know.
33) Chesca, Jon Z- Iconic song, could do without the male but that hook is just so funny AND fun as well

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!