This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 397 Final

Topic » TSC 397 Final

1449 days 6 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) Foxes - SHE CAN DO BETTER! I don't even care that entering this might be seen as lazy but like honestly just go for something from her last album instead LOL this is just so messy
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue - the fact this qualified over me is fucking dumb but I'm here to right that wrong
03) Jxdn - it's hard to find a reason to care about this song for me bc it's just not my cup of tea and just sounds frustrating
04) Prizm - sounds like something Aly & AJ would put out in 2020. This is something I like the more I listen…
05) Wrabel - this came across as naggy to me and I'm not a fan
06) Hey Violet - I like some of her newer stuff better, but putting that bias away I moderately enjoy this
07) slayyyter - I'm tired of hearing this girl everything she does is like MOR borderline UTR to me
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp - the beat is something I could get used to but first impression it's just off to me. Might have to listen to this again
09) PAX - yeah I guess this is a good semi and the beat is interesting although I feel like this Roxen/Sickotoy vibe is becoming very normal in TSC which makes me less amused
10) Eden Alene - I like this but seeing it's Eurovision property shouldn't it slap harder?
11) The Mamas - edgy choice but I still like the song and have to support black women in TSC because not enough people do
12) JC Stewart- at least it's something I can follow along to, yeah I like this
13) Gryffin -  very sorry to report the more I listen to this song the whining annoys me even greater
14) Shinedown - Honestly bibbles it's not bad like I could enjoy this if I'm in a mood
15) Ester Peony - why am I laughing so much this tsc LOL like the emphasis on the "KERS" kills me! I want to see bibbles' reaction to this song <3 the song itself is ok but it's making me chuckle so I have to stan
16) Duncan Laurence - olly murs lite teas? Wish this was more exciting
17) Mariette - extremely basic and incredibly meh
18) Velix & Playmen - Next time you submit a song with a minute of talking before it actually starts, can you make sure the host gives us a warning where to skip to please? Thanks. The song itself is really good and I think it's a contender. The only thing it has going against it is its repetition
19) Fanny Andersen - has elements that could excite me and sometimes I'm toe tapping? But I wish it went the extra mile
20) Elisabet - Khloe Kardashian is kinda serving here? I thought it was meh at first but it really grew on me
21) YEИDRY - well when the beat broke down it was interesting but too little too late
22) Ana Guerra - just kinda trucked along without wowing me
23) Roxen - prob the most basic thing u can submit this week and it wasn’t bad however… I don't get the hype
1449 days 6 hours ago
Aquamarine
01) Foxes - Not Foxes' like 12th entry into TSC! The sad thing is this qualified because the semi was an absolute MESS.
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue - I clocked who's entry this was and also shockingly not Natepresnell sending the most obvious artist of the week. It's fine I guess. Better than Semi 2.
03) Jxdn - I've already determined I will be pointing exclusively Semi 1 entries. Two in and in death slots and theyre better than most of Semi 2. Dunno how this will fare later on.
04) Prizm - I'm really feeling these 80's vibe songs lately. I don't know why but I stan this too. Not my favorite but solid.
05) Wrabel - Oh yeah its this guy who was in 'Ten Feet Tall' and 'Resentment' yeah okay this is fine I guess compared to the other songs in semi 1. This grew on me.
06) Hey Violet - This week already having potential to go down as one of the worst of all-time. Bless. This is what corona has done. I stand by this comment.
07) slayyyter - congrats on your free qualify since you aren't the other songs, unless the voters are edgelords and don't point this because it isn't their *style*. This was my semi 1 comment and given Hugel didnt qualify I'm kind of surprised this one did.
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp - Again I don't particularly like this song but comparatively to the other songs of this contest, yeah sure, its good I guess.
09) PAX - Semi 1 was definitively the better semi and it wasn't close. This isn't my favorite entry thus far but the quality is definitely better than a bunch.
10) Eden Alene - I know she's a Eurovision carryover but I did like this. This actually was probably better than the actual Israeli entry.
11) The Mamas - Man they really like making middle of the road pop songs huh
12) JC Stewart - Well they certainly cant all be winners from Semi 1 can they...
13) Gryffin - I fucking love Gryffin, mostly he can do no wrong. I'm probably super basic for liking this shit but oh well.
14) Shinedown - I remember in like 2008 or something when they had that song Second Chance. This isn't as good this is just a hard blink like okay cool yo.
15) Ester Peony - I have to stop counting the number of Eurovision entries. Normally I hate on these because of it but I just don't love this one anyways.
16) Duncan Laurence - Absolutely not, kill it with fire. Of all the Eurovision people to send? No. Please stop. I hate you for this.
17) Mariette - We are really on a hot streak of Eurovision entries in this contest huh.
18) Velix & Playmen - This really was the most middle of the road boring song this contest wow I forgot it was even playing.
19) Fanny Andersen - Relatable content but I feel like I was being indoctrinated to a cult somehow with this video what the fuck. Toot though? GIRL IN A BATHTUB!!!
20) Elisabet - Okay I literally dont know why but I really enjoyed this on some weird level. I think this needs a second listen.
21) YEИDRY - Literally still have no idea how this qualified but Semi 2 was the biggest snoozefest of my life so I guess it's not too surprising.
22) Ana Guerra - I guess I was hoping for anything else at all. This is just another very bland song. I wanted something that made me bop but instead this was just...not it. LOL @ fucking back to backing the two spanish songs both times, AND back to back right before the final song. I see you Eoin.
23) Roxen - You literally back to backed three spanish lyrics in a row. Three of the most lackluster songs from Semi 1 all back to back, gotta love it.
1449 days 6 hours ago
ianfitz0012
^^^ me jury voting despite racism in TSC causing Kelli-Leigh to not qualify! you're welcome everyone xoxo I couldn't help but hope I can match the iconic behavior of the jury last week

- ur reigning queen
1449 days 4 hours ago
MISSimogen
01) Foxes -  i originally thought it was disapointing on first listen but i suppose its nice its probably a grower its just not as good as her past work
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue - this just isnt it. kylies bit is just a bit crap actually she couldnt even save the song
03) Jxdn - i hate this kind of vibe and it will just never be for me
04) Prizm - this was so prettyyyyy i loved the vibe and the 80s influence
05) Wrabel - oh yup yup yup.. this is good. love a little sad bop i could cry my eyes out to this i think
06) Hey Violet - hey violet is another artist that does SO much but says nothing at all like... her songs just blend into eachother i find it SOOOOO BORINGGGGGGG
07) slayyyter -  finally a good slayyyter song is entered. i love this actually ayesha erotica is EVERYTHINGGGG
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp - omg that was SUCH a disapointment omfg.. r u kidding. i was fully ready to bop my head to this but THAT was the chorus?? is she joking
09) PAX - the drop is cute the voice gets a bit jarring at parts but enjoyable overall
10) Eden Alene - hmm i think i like this its not amazing its a bit cringy at points but what are u going to do x
11) The Mamas - the vocals were stun on this and the chorus was the highlight point verses were just a bit crap but lets pretend we didnt hear that!
12) JC Stewart - this is the type of white male that i HATE i just find it so over done and boring. ive heard this before
13) Gryffin - yeah this is nice obviously boppy and pleasant to the ears
14) Shinedown -  oh god  no ive accepted this just isnt for me at all.. hes shouty
15) Ester Peony - queeeen. finally something that is worthy of being added to my playlist maybe. i loved this that chorus was so stun
16) Duncan Laurence - sad bop. its a bit of a non event but then it picks up and i actually ended up enjoying it a lot
17) Mariette - hmm its a bit too inoffensive and airy fairy for me.. its pleseant but nothing ill come back to
18) Velix & Playmen - yeah it was nice but it feel like this is so overdone in mainstream music that the effect is just lost on me
19) Fanny Andersen -  wot a gorg name. i can relate to what shes saying hmm yes relatable queen. the song is a bit of a weird one. bit different im not sure if i LOVE it. its ok. i think its going to grow on me
20) Elisabet - i liked the vocals and the vibe but i just felt like something was missing like.. it needed something more
21) YEИDRY - this is just so smooth and gorgeous like her vocals are everything
22) Ana Guerra - FINALLY we get a pure BOP.. i love this its just so sexy and pop perfection i think..
23) Roxen - https://media1.tenor.com/images/72c18b6f7a35c79838a1e606b6889411/tenor.gif
1449 days 3 hours ago
DallasAndrew
01) Foxes - 'Love Not Loving You' A song that told me absolutely nothing.
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue - 'Limpido' Big names there. The song flows pretty nicely, but with not great impact on me. It's pleasant enough though.
03) Jxdn - 'Comatose' It's on a style I enjoy a lot. I like his vocals, the song has power. It's a strong entry.
04) Prizm - 'All Night' It's generic, banal and on a style I don't usually enjoy.
05) Wrabel - 'The Village' In all those cases the parents that don't accept them are seen as villains. I don't think they are, I think that they are trying to protect their children without understanding that you can't control the feelings of a person. The song is beautiful and has power, might have been a little more complexic, but it's a good entry anyway.
06) Hey Violet - 'Queen of the Night' This song flows so well, the rythm is so pleasant and she's delivering really well vocally. The song is emotional, it's a great entry.
07) slayyyter - 'bff' A total chaos and not in a good way.
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp - 'Play With' It's simply poor.
09) PAX - 'Over and Over' So Roxen is in 2 entries? Is it respecting the rules? Anyway, I don't like the song, at all.
10) Eden Alene - 'Rakata' I like her voice and the vibe of the song. Her Eurovision entry is better, but this is quite enjoyable as well.
11) The Mamas - 'Let It Be' I like their voices, I don't like their music from what I've heard so far.
12) JC Stewart - 'I Need You To Hate Me' The vibe is not bad, but the rythm is so banal.
13) Gryffin - 'Body Back' I like the lyrics, I don't like the music.
14) Shinedown - 'MONSTERS' A song with power, rythm and a good message. I like the style as well.
15) Ester Peony - '7 Roses' She's better than that, that's sure. I like her vocals, but this song don't put them in attention too much.
16) Duncan Laurence - 'Someone Else' He's got charm with that vocals, the song is quite dull in my opinion though, but I guess it will do well.
17) Mariette - 'Shout it Out' It progresses in a pretty strong way and promising something impactful, the chorus is quite dissapointing though. Especially the fact that there is a choir is not helping in my opinion. The song is pleasant, but the chorus drags it down a little.
18) Velix & Playmen - 'Silver Moon' The vibe is pleasant but there are so many elements I don't enjoy at all in it.
19) Fanny Andersen - 'Wake Up' Not something I enjoy, but it has some catchiness that I didn't find in other entries.
20) Elisabet - 'Sugar' It's quite smooth, I don't enjoy the instrumental that much, but the rythm is nice.
21) YEИDRY - 'Barrio' She's got something really attractive in her voice. The song has some catchiness, I'm not a fan, but it's on the good half of the final.
22) Ana Guerra - 'Bajito' Certainly not for me.
23) Roxen - 'Cherry Red' It was my least favourite song from her 5 list for Eurovision. It's not a style I would go for and it doesn't fit her either. It has some catchy elements, I still think is not for her. Better than her other entry.
1449 days 2 hours ago
AlanDuncan
01) Foxes - This has grown on me so much in the last few days. I would say maybe I like it now?
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue - LMAO. WHAT IS THIS. HORRIBLE.
03) Jxdn - A decent poprock song. Not bad but underwelhming.
04) Prizm - Eh mixed bag. I wanted to like this but it was bit dull.
05) Wrabel - This is good. A bit repetivie but fine
06) Hey Violet - This has grown me too. Its decent.
07) slayyyter - This is standard fpop. Doesn't deserve any more insight. THe genre is hit or miss for me
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp - Oh wow this isn underwhelming its fine. but for her standards it does nothing for me
09) PAX - this is muscially better than cherry but does she go town to downtown malaga? no
10) Eden Alene - This shoulda been the live. THe audio is dull. Also this is a stolen entry from me so dont expect my 12 cos im bitter
11) The Mamas - oh hey eoin. Move is obvioulsy better but this isn't bad because is the same song LMAO
12) JC Stewart - a non-event wow
13) Gryffin - Her las is better but this is generic pop so i stan
14) Shinedown - I enjoyed this wow. Am I now bibbles???
15) Ester Peony - THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS. This has punch. its decent.
16) Duncan Laurence - I enjoy his music. What does this say about me?
17) Mariette - Easily her worst but i stan that swedish queen
18) Velix & Playmen - my kinda edm. STAN
19) Fanny Andersen - This has been sent 1000 times LMAO. So samey its fine.
20) Elisabet - again very samey but effecitve.
21) YEИDRY - i disliked this
22) Ana Guerra - i wanted this to slap harder. meh
23) Roxen - she is the moment. stan.
1449 days 1 hour ago
VanessaFeltz
Foxes: Forgot all about her but I am very happy that she has come back and with a good song!

Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue: Didn’t know Kylie did foreign language songs.

Jxdn: Look at me trying to edgy

Prizm: It tries to sound cool and current but feels dated

Wrabel: I like the message but the song itself is meh

Hey violet: I would also like to be called queen of the night. Chill song.

Slayyyter: Cheap but not the worst thing I’ve heard

Ulrikke Brandstorp: the saxophone is so distracting and ruins everything

PAX: Sounds lazy and unoriginal

Eden Alene: Too childish for me

The Mamas: Too happy and cheesy

JC Stewart: Good voice, the song is a serve

Gryffin: Bland and forgettable

Shinedown: This is what I call a rock song! Headbanging to this

Esther Peony: I remember this from the World song contest. Can’t remember if I liked it then but like it now. The way she says motherfucker is funny

Duncan Laurence: His music is more grower than shower as it took me a while to get into arcade. I like the build up.

Mariette: The gradual build up is good. Chorus gets stuck in your head

Velix & Playmen: Ok for clubs I guess

Fanny Anderson: The girl has a point. I would spend all day in bed if I could

Elisabet: This was good! Like really really good!

Yendry: Takes a few listens but this is good!

Ana Guerra: Hip and fun Spanish track

Roxen: She’s kind of overrated but I like this more than alcohol you
1448 days 23 hours ago
rodrigueseve
01) Foxes- I do like myself some Foxes but sadly this ain't doing it for me with the music not being my style at all since it has that retro feel I have said again and again I don't go for
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue- Bland and dated, I don't know why miss Kylie would do this charity work. Sounds like late 00s spanish music
03) Jxdn- I think this had potential but the chorus was too subtle to work for me, I think it needed to be more rocking and have louder guitar on the chorus. Hasnt left much of an impact
04) Prizm- This was like fine. It's not really my style as I don't really like retro ish type things but it may snatch a point or two cuz its good for what it is
05) Wrabel- I actually really like Wrabel. This is a very good ballad song, very heartfelt and I like the whole message around it. I like this a lot
06) Hey Violet- Wow after Pretty Head she comes out with this mellow bullshit that does nothing for me? So unremarkable, DO BETTER
07) slayyyter- I just don't like the slayyyter sound I'm sorry its like the synth computer pop that I just cant get into. First all of the autotune, then the lack of catchiness. I don't know what it is I don't like this
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp- The verses are pretty basic but pretty fine to me. The thing is the chorus drop is horrid like Ulrikke sweetie... Why. Also the bridge sounds like a whole other song
09) PAX- Is this a basic romania vibe pop song? It is but there's really nothing wrong with it. It is a solid basic bop
10) Eden Alene- Really good song, very catchy and summer vibed but not overbearing at it. Just a whole ass banger overall
11) The Mamas- It is very much a Mama feel song, and Move is much better, but this works for me with the upbeatness and cheerful vibe of the music
12) JC Stewart- Twenty One Pilots vibes here. The verses I really like but the chorus is kind of a letdown, I think its the piano chords throwing me off (I think its piano)
13) Gryffin- Ok so the EDM sound CAN be done well, damn I sent an EDM song to ESCT. But this one isn't really my style, I know were in the summer now but drops with summer sound aren't usually my vibe
14) Shinedown- I was actually very much feeling this which leaves me shook, it has enough rocking for me to go off but enough chiller moments for me to also enjoy this is GOOD
15) Ester Peony- BITCH I HAD THIS IN MY WAIT LIST. ICONIC. Like this is so good, the beat in the chorus is just so hard hitting. This song is just hard hitting in general. I like this
16) Duncan Laurence- The verses are just really good, the chorus could be better but as a package it does work
17) Mariette- Honestly Mariette did it again. Such a good song, I like the pop rock influences in the song, really different from her usual Melo sound. But this works really nicely, smooth
18) Velix & Playmen- Ok so the verses were fine but I wanted more and then that synth type beat hit and I lowkey MOANED I WASNT READY. But it works. The second part of the chorus isnt as good but as a whole I am feeling this song
19) Fanny Andersen- This mostly just passed me by truly, nothing really impacted me besides that fuck in the chorus. Just didnt stick with me at all
20) Elisabet- I adore the chorus in this. The verses are a bit too cluttered for me but still, this is kinda iconic
21) YEИDRY- Miss Yendry is giving me Rosalia vibes except her beats and singing is much more impactful so unlike most Rosalia songs I actually like this one first listen, which doesnt truly happen with Rosalia most time. I like the melody of her voice so much...
22) Ana Guerra- This is trash, point blank periodt. The worst of latin pop trendy bullshit all in one package
23) Roxen- I'm definitely not as high on this as I once was but I still thoroughly enjoy this and manage to bop to it. SLOW ME DOWN IN THE STREETS OF DOWNTOWN MALAGA CALL YOU OUT CALL ME UP VENTE PACA
1448 days 23 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
01) Foxes - MOM. i've been playing it ever since it came out. that chorus is stellar, and even tho it sounds a little demo-y and is nowhere near her best, it's a really cute bop. really liked it on first listen and has been growing on me ever since. she kind of did that.
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue - the fact this actually qualified over some songs in semi 1 astounds me, but TSC's questionable choices and taste are seriously nothing new. i love kylie minogue as any other fvg but this is seriously SO dull and such a drag. name recognition does not good song make.
03) Jxdn - the emo melodrama teas in this. let me just say i had EXTREMELY low hopes what with his artist name and what not, but i actually ended up really enjoying this. that chorus is a BANGER. i hate myself.
04) Prizm - i'm suuuuch a slut for this sound, i really am. i don't have much to say about this really, i just love this wholeheartedly. <333
05) Wrabel - as someone who doesn't give a shit about ballads and male vocals... fuck. this was kind of gut-wrenching. great song.
06) Hey Violet - probably the weakest hey violet song i've ever heard from them. granted this comes from someone who has listened to like three? four? songs from hey violet, but still this was pretty MOR.
07) slayyyter -
WE'VE BEEN SMOKING ALL DAY
WE WALKED AROUND THE CITY AND I THINK WE RAN INTO YOUR EX
G-G-G-GOT OUR MATCHING JUICY LOCKETS
KEEP OUR CELLY IN OUR POCKETS
YOU'RE MY SEXY LITTLE BFF
https://66.media.tumblr.com/5b288bf5c81b8beb7f319643252f8eaa/tumblr_inline_p618arOGYk1uk4jbz_540.gif
i could type out the various ways slayyyter defined 2019 for me and made me a lot faggier than before, but we'll just leave it at this. this is the easiest [REDACTED] i had to give out this year and as it stands slayyyter's discography is close to flawless in my book. gl noms
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp - cute cheap bop but it's a little LIMP. wish it had done more.
09) PAX - cute lil h&m bop done right. that chorus is such an annoying earworm. roxen's vocals are verging on unlistenable and grating, but emphasis on verging.
10) Eden Alene - another cheap bop! kind of a grower. it's not as impactful as i wish it really was, but it still slaps. doesn't exactly POP OFF, but it's cute!
11) The Mamas - a feel good behemoth anthem. stan black women in TSC <3
12) JC Stewart - i ended up googling JC Stewart before i pressed play bc for some reason i thought someone had submitted JC Chasez from NSYNC LOOOL. anyways, his socials came up and he had, and i quote "PROFESSIONAL SAD BOY" in his bio. not off to a good start, and as i expected, i didn't like this. baaaad.
13) Gryffin - i mean, i get that it's generic and void of anything actually interesting and there's definetly been 2892892 songs like this that i've heard in my lifetime but fuck you, dated and basic 2014 edm music will ALWAYS do well with me, THANK YOU. though this final is kind of slaying so we'll see how this does w me.
14) Shinedown - i'm really, really surprised i don't hate it. could sneak into my top 10 if it was a weaker week, but it's just decent. whats w me liking men music? i hate TSC.
15) Ester Peony - LOOOL this song. i debated submitting it ever since i saw it on the TWSC spreadsheet, more importantly that TALIAN <3 had submitted it, but i... don't actually really care for this song? LOL it's more hilarious than anything. those motherfucKERS is kind of a moment though.
16) Duncan Laurence - excuse you, get the fuck away from the camera. this was actually decent, should do well here, but i wish it did MORE. solid effort i GUESS.
17) Mariette - i rmr the first TSC contest i ever engaged in was the one that other mariette song won. i like this song too!
18) Velix & Playmen - first off, fuck that intro. second, this is a decent song i guess? the production is actually really neat but good god i hate his vocals a lot. not in the mood, no ma'am.
19) Fanny Andersen - LOL okay?
20) Elisabet - ran into this while entry-hunting. i thought it was a little limp and not tight enough but it grew on me. very sensual and the chorus genuinely grew on me. a classy thlut bop 4 sure.
21) YEИDRY - oh this was smooth. got a lot of rosalia teas from this. but maybe it's a little too lowkey for me to actually care about? a cute 6.5/10, not exactly a 7.
22) Ana Guerra - OH bop for sure. maybe a little too faceless and limp for this particular contest, but i'd probably listen to this willingly outside of the contest. don't know if i'll point it though but we'll see.
23) Roxen - oh the production SNAPS on this one... i still can't get 100% behind her voice but this is def better than her other song. i LOVE the production oh wow she kind of did that. cute closer. RAKATA!
1448 days 23 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
01) Foxes - I miss the old Foxes. This song isn't even bad by any means, it's just not what I wanted from a Foxes return. The "ooh oohs" or whatever are turning me off the song a LOT.
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue - This should've been dead in the water in the semi, but the fact it qualified AND is in the death slot? I smell a 23rd place for them.
03) Jxdn - Oh this is one of THOSE songs. Well first off let me say that it's not horrible, his voice has some good qualities to it. The verses end up being the best part because of how his voice sounds. EDIT: Initially I didn't enjoy the chorus as much, but on second listen I'm liking this much more.
04) Prizm - OMG are we getting a Carly Rae LITE in this contest? I think we just did, and I'm here for it! This was a bop, I enjoyed it quite a bit.
05) Wrabel - I could've SWORN this was in TSC before. Regardless I used to listen to this a lot and I cried the first time I listened / watched the vid. It's very powerful & I loved it.
06) Hey Violet - This is another pretty song from her but it still doesn't match up to some of her old music to me. Slightly lacklustre!
07) slayyyter - I thought she was in TSC at some point this year already LOL whoops. To be honest this song was just there. Even a little annoying.
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp - You could've sent one of her B-sides that have like 2 views on YouTube and I'd have stanned those more LOL. Y'all know I stan her to bits but her other songs outsell, like all of them. The chorus is kinda grating. It might get low points tho cause an Ulrikke stan is an Ulrikke stan.
09) PAX - DEFINITELY the superior Roxen song this contest. I have fallen in love with this style of music. This song has been on repeat for weeks, it's just so good.
10) Eden Alene - Another bop! She really outdid herself w/ her national final, I loved every song. I don't even know what else to say, this is just really strong.
11) The Mamas - I hate to say it, I hope I don't sound ridiculous, but I like this more than Move. It was a pleasant listen, on 2nd time around though I'm not as enthusiastic about it. Still good tho.
12) JC Stewart - I wasn't TOTALLY here for this chorus immediately, but it grew on me, and after I already liked the first bit I was enjoying the song properly. Some bits sound really nice so I like it, it's good! Also short and sweet.
13) Gryffin - I've been sitting on this for like half a year, idk why I never sent it. It's so good. I guess I remembered that TSC can be tasteless when it comes to certain genres. As for ME though, I'm here for it fully.
14) Shinedown - Well it's not giving us anything new is it. The guitars are nice but I've heard literal carbon copies of this song from other artists in TSC and I'm just over it!
15) Ester Peony - I'm 0'ing those motherfuckERS who blank Ester Peony. This song is so good LMFAO. She was clearly inspired by Maruv judging by some of the noises in the chorus. She slayed thats all I can say.
16) Duncan Laurence - I have a huge crush on him. Anyway, he had a better song that coulda been sent from this EP but whatever. I don't think I've disliked a song of his yet tbh. His voice is STUN here. That type of chorus has never been my favourite thing but as for the song in it's entirety, I liked it.
17) Mariette - I won't rehash the boring comments saying how it's her worst song because it just ain't true. This song is so good to me and it shoulda done better in Mello. Queen doesn't know how to make a bad song <3
18) Velix & Playmen - Oh they're really trying to make this dramatic with that extra ass intro. I'm not a fan of his voice to be honest. Production was cool but I think I'll pass on this one.
19) Fanny Andersen - Her name is honestly making me cackle so much is that her real name? LMFAO. The song itself was FINE! I wanted to like it more but it still was kinda good I guess?
20) Elisabet - Hello Patrick319, how u doin? I'm glad this won his ESCT national final, it's a pretty good song. I think it fades w/ each listen which isn't good, but I still like it.
21) YEИDRY - Parts of it were cute but I wouldn't exactly return to this! Like I wouldn't mind if it came on I wouldn't SKIP it but it's not that outstanding.
22) Ana Guerra - The superior Spanish entry this contest. It just slaps way more! Oh it is so fucking generic but I stan it so idc!
23) Roxen - I can't believe she murdered this song on stage. I used to stan it but it didn't exactly age well for me? I love her sound on the PAX song more than this.
1448 days 23 hours ago
krrais
01) Foxes : A bit cheerier than I was expecting from her, it gets kinda repetitive but overall it's okay, I quite enjoyed it actually.
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue : Ah yes queen Kylie, this is alright, nothing extraordinary but also nothing particularly bad about it.
03) Jxdn : I like this! It's not rock with no purpose that's been everywhere lately, it also has just enough power not to be too overbearing.
04) Prizm : Not quite the best representation of 80s style but it has standing out qualities to it, it's also a big grower, I like it!
05) Wrabel : Loves him, such a beautiful voice, the song however is a little too depressing but it also feels a bit artificial.
06) Hey Violet : It's okay, kind of easy listening, nothing spectacular but it keeps me interested.
07) slayyyter : Strangely enjoyable, I really like the beat and the electronic music, the whispery vocals would normally annoy me but not in this one.
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp : Loving the haunting beat, nice build up to the chorus, it gets more and more basic as the song goes on, but overall I quite like it.
09) PAX : Kinda basic but didn't hate it, I'm not a huge fan of her singing style but the music is good and well-produced.
10) Eden Alene : Oh didn't expect that gorgeous voice, I thought I would hate this cuz I was not really in the mood for something like it but I did enjoy it, the production is really fun.
11) The Mamas : Oh they're eligible? I think this has the same vibe as their ESC song, but it feels really lacking, it doesn't leave much impact.
12) JC Stewart : This sounds familiar, overall it's a bit too harmless, really fogettable.
13) Gryffin : It's really basic edm, I enjoyed the first minute of it but got tired of it quickly after that.
14) Shinedown : Reminds me a bit of Jet & Green Day which is ok.. I'm not really a fan of his voice but overall I don't hate it.
15) Ester Peony : This is solid! It has unusual vibes that I appreciate, her voice really stands out as well.
16) Duncan Laurence : His voice is kinda magical, it totally carries this rather average song, the parts after the second chorus are actually a lot better.
17) Mariette : Her gorgeous voice is really soothing, I like how the song explodes in the chorus, and it IS a great chorus.
18) Velix & Playmen : This feels like 4 years too late, nothing special really.
19) Fanny Andersen : This is a bit difficult to get into, and I'm not sure if I ever did, I definitely enjoyed parts of it though.
20) Elisabet : I thought it was a bit too slow at first but I'm glad it picks up in the chorus, I like her soulful voice.
21) YEИDRY : Interesting indeed, I really like this stylistically, her voice is really inviting.
22) Ana Guerra : Great beat, it feels familiar but still has some originality to it, the production sounds a bit cheap but overall I'm enjoying it.
23) Roxen : Good basic pop song, I love the production in this, it kinda has some mysterious quality to it.
1448 days 22 hours ago
Lemjam6
01) Foxes - 'Love Not Loving You' - I have never understood the Foxes hype, but I think this song was decent!
-
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minoque - ‘Limpido’ - I liked the beat, but I didn’t like the song as a whole.
-
03) Jxdn - ‘Comatose’ - There’s not much I hate more than edgy Tik Tok losers, but I do actually like the song even though it sounds like a stolen song from the early 2000’s.
-
04) Prizm - ‘All Night’ - This was a fun song that I could see being the final song played at the club before everyone goes home.
-
05) Wrabel - ‘The Village’ - I heard this so recently and it actually is a sweet song that I enjoyed which is really shocking for me because usually I would hate songs that push an lgbt agenda.
-
06) Hey Violet - ‘Queen of the Night’ - I really liked this wrong, it was a bop but there was emotion behind it. She’s a queen.
-
07) Slayyyter - ‘BFF’ - One of the dumbest songs I’ve ever heard. The lyrics were dumb and the song was annoying.
-
08) Ulrikke - ‘Play With’ - The amount of times I had to hear her say “play with” sent me to a dark place. Meh.
-
09) PAX - ‘Over and Over’ - I could hardly understand what she was saying with her whispering it was a stupid song.
-
10)) Eden Alene - ‘Rakata’ - Possibly the most annoying song I’ve ever heard.
-
11)) The Mamas - ‘Let It Be’ - I didn’t expect to this song, but it was a sweet and upbeat bop.
-
12)) JC Stewart - ‘I Need You To Hate Me’ - It started out boring, but I really enjoyed it in the end.
-
13)) Gryffin - ‘Body Back’ - An all around bop, I was jamming to it.
-
14)) Shinedown - ‘MONSTERS’ - I really wanted to like it because it’s a rock song and I want to support these songs, but it was just boring.
-
15)) Ester Peony - ‘7 Roses’ - I found her voice annoying, but I did love the beat drop everytime she said motherfuckers.
-
16)) Duncan Laurence - ‘Someone Else’ - The song wasn’t bad, but I just didn’t find anything special about it. Kinda relatable though. I hates fhe music video and this creepy guy just staring me down the whole time.
-
17)) Mariette - ‘Shout It Out’ - This song was cute and the lyrics sent a nice message.
-
18)) Velix & Playmen - ‘Silver Moon’ - The singer’s voice gave me country vibes even though I know the song isn’t country, but I just found it annoying.
-
19)) Fanny Anderson - ‘Wake Up’ - Her voice reminded me of Halsey and that’s definitely not something you should be happy hearing. The song was dumb.
-
20)) Elisabet - ‘Sugar’ - It was alright, nothing special and the lyrics were kinda dumb, but I enjoyed her voice.
-
21)) YEИDRY - ‘Barrio’ - She has a pretty voice. I’m not usually a lover of non-english music, but I did like this.
-
22)) Ana Guerra - ‘Bajito’ - Comparing it to the previous spanish song, I find this one much more dull.
-
23)) Roxen - ‘Cherry’ - The song was kinda basic and not special, but I liked it.
1448 days 22 hours ago
Patrick319
01) Foxes - This is actually terrible. One of the worst releases of the year, and likely one of the worst TSC songs of the year so far. It sounds like it was produced by a toddler. The chorus is literally a wall of noise. What the hell happened to her?
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue - What the hell is this? I definitely didn't need it. I love Italian music but this was actively terrible. Not even Kylie could save it.
03) Jxdn - Interesting choice. It's a bit punk, but the song is good. The chorus is meh, but I'm glad to see it in the final.
04) Prizm - Love this. It sounds even better on a second listen. The song is a breath of fresh air, and I think it's likely a contender too.
05) Wrabel - Not this song from 2017. Good voice, but the song is pretty boring.
06) Hey Violet - I'm shocked Ian Fitzgerald didn't submit this because it's the most Ian Fitzgerald sounding entry I've heard. It's fine. Nothing spectacular.
07) slayyyter - This felt clunky. I can tell there's a good song somewhere but it's overshadowed by the production.
08) Ulrikke - LMAO I've heard this before. Totally forgot about its existence. The verses are haunting and promise a lot, but it amusingly breaks into a cheap, clunky drop. I still stan though.
09) PAX - Had this on my list. Kinda regret not sending it considering the state of this week's contest, but the drop always underwhelmed me. It's good in the context of this week though.
10) Eden Alene - I was originally a Rakata stan but quickly became a Feker Libi defender. I'm annoyed that y'all are letting a national final song win. I will take that into account when I'm voting.
11) The Mamas - Finally something wholesome and uplifting. The fact they could win Melodifestivalen again if they wanted to. That's powerful.
12) JC Stewart - The start was kind of boring. Chorus slightly redeems it, but I think I'll pass. Not surprised it qualified because all the non-qualifiers sans one were bad.
13) Gryffin - I lied I think THIS is the most Ian Fitzgerald sounding entry I've heard. Pretty much sounds like every other song from the genre.
14) Shinedown - Disappointed this isn't bibbles because it's actually good.
15) Ester Peony - I really wanted to like this, but it very much felt like an attempt at style over substance. Her pronunciation is excruciating. Don't sing in English if you can't pronounce the words, bitch.
16) Duncan Laurence - FINALLY some new material. I swear we get a new chicken shit single by Netta every week but Duncan refuses to release anything until now. People are going to call this boring, but it's a good ballad. The chorus is amazing. Should do well considering Ruben's success.
17) Mariette - MOTHER. This has always been an underrated bop and I'm not afraid to SHOUT IT OUT.
18) Velix & Playmen - This sounds like Avicii in 2013. Country-EDM realness is a thing. It's fine. Kinda enjoyable.
19) Fanny Andersen - Enjoyable music video, and interesting instrumental choices. I liked this. Work, Fanny!
20) Elisabet - KILL IT WITH FIRE.
21) YEИDRY - Ooh she has the N backwards, she's edgy! I wanted to like this more than I do so I could say that songs called Barrio aren't allowed to be bad, but it's only fine. Perhaps a bit too low-key for me.
22) Ana Guerra - This is okay. Sounds kind of familiar. I wish the chorus popped off more.
23) Roxen - Yes girl give us nothing! Have always liked this. Should do well, though I don't want it to.
1448 days 19 hours ago
NicoleF
01) Foxes - BOOT - I loved Foxes in Clarity but this song is too combative and overwhelming. Too much is happening throughout the song!
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue - BOOT - Kylie Minogue just makes everything she touches feel outdated and that's present here. I just didn't care for this.
03) Jxdn - TOOT - This is the 'good' type of outdated that takes me back and fills me with nostalgia. I loved this! Chorus was good, could've been better, verses were good, and the voice entranced me!
04) Prizm - TOOT - Oh wow that chorus had some of the best flow I've seen in this contest. It sounded radio-ready! Everything clicked for me here! Wow that was good!
05) Wrabel - BOOT - I just don't like Wrabel. I said it in the skype chat...stop trying to make him happen, he's not going to happen. His style isn't for me.
06) Hey Violet - TOOT - It felt very vibey and the flow felt so clean. It actually sounded made for radio which is my kind of music.
07) slayyyter - BOOT - Too much is happening, like in Foxes and it does not grow on me whatoever so...boot.
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp - BOOT - Super, super, SUPER light boot cause I really like the beat and the verses, but it's said that a chorus makes a song and, well, this chorus sucks ass. It's so repetitive and bland.
09) PAX - SHOOT - Wow! This has me excited for Roxen's entry closing out the contest! PAX does a great job with production, keeping the song at a great pace and keeping everything lively, and Roxen really sells it for me aesthetically and vocally. Great entry!
10) Eden Alene - BOOT - Nope this is not for me whatsoever. Some things clicked but it just seemed messy and something felt off the entire time.
11) The Mamas - BOOT - Way too goody two shoes, uplifting for me...these kinds of messages aren't necessarily a death sentence with me per se but they need to be more hidden. This was way too OTTP mushy gushy for me. Yuck!
12) JC Stewart - BOOT - This literally did nothing for me. I contemplated noot'ing it, but then I realized other boots did more for me than this...it's fine, nothing's wrong I guess but like...I don't care. I will say, sadly for whoever submitted this, I could see this growing on me post-contest.
13) Gryffin - SHOOT - I've heard a thousand songs like this before but damn a good beat drop is a good beat drop and this had great production all around too! Just an all-around great song honestly! Executed well!
14) Shinedown - TOOT - This is the type of rock that I prefer. It has a 2000s-esque pop/punk rock feel and that's totally, 100% my vibe...but Jxdn does it better for me.
15) Ester Peony - BOOT - Something sounded off sonically and it prevented me from enjoying this at all. Actually agree with Patrick above me. The vocals ruined it for me.
16) Duncan Laurence - BOOT - That chorus was absolute shit @ "I don't think about you till I'm alone and thinking about you with someone else"...who wrote that?! A five-year old!? From that point on, you lost me...
17) Mariette - TOOT - Everything clicked. I felt the singer's passion and she really had a good flow and balance within the song. Good chorus.
18) Velix & Playmen - TOOT - Honestly didn't think I'd enjoy this. It was...weird...but I liked it oddly. It's the music form of a samoa cookie. It tastes weird...but good. That's this.
19) Fanny Andersen - TOOT - Light toot cause nothing was wrong with it per se, but the chorus could've been stronger and I never got invested. Reminds me of Kesha's voice though.
20) Elisabet - TOOT - Oh this was good. Kinda generic in areas but it did enough for me! It's not the best this week but it'll definitely probably get some points from me.
21) YEИDRY - BOOT - I was bored out of my mind...nothing amazing ever happened and, although I liked this originally in SF2, it's obvious that SF1 is superior so this fades for me.
22) Ana Guerra - TOOT - This is a case where I just had a feeling I'd like it. The beat is nice and Ana does a great job carrying the song!
23) Roxen - BOOT - Overrated from others' comments though...it was generic. Roxen's better entry this week was with PAX. It's unfortunate cause the more I listen, the less I like...the chorus kills the momentum.
1448 days 19 hours ago
SeaViper
*Sips drink*

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!