This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 397 Final

Topic » TSC 397 Final

1440 days 2 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) Foxes - I’m not sure why people hate this song so much? Like okay it’s not her absolute best but that’s a high bar and this is definitely still a bop. Plays on the current retro “trend” effectively but still maintains her identity. Is it her best? Definitely not. But it’s still a bop and a half and it’ll be on my playlist long past this week.
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue - This dramatic intro what is going on LMAO. Instantly sounded dated and I’ve looked it up to find it’s from 2013… colour me shocked. I was expecting a trashy pop song and instead I got a trashy pop rock song, I feel like this was definitely sent just for the gag of Kylie and some rando Italian lady. Not good.
03) Jxdn - This started pretty promisingly but lost its way quite quickly. It might be something that’d grow on me on a repeated listen but there was a lot of noise with not much melody/substance to it. Idk there might have been a good song in here somewhere but I was done with it way too soon to try and put the effort to find it. Wall of noise.
04) Prizm - Oh this was REALLY cute. I like that this kind of thing is becoming a TSC staple because more often than not I really enjoy it. This was such a pleasant listen from beginning to end, I wish the chorus was a bit more substantial instead of just mostly instrumental but that didn’t bug me as much as I thought it would. Enjoyed this.
05) Wrabel - Pride month has come early and I’m not mad about it at all! I generally don’t care for ballads like this but every now and then they’re executed really well and it just gets to me, and this is a perfect example of that kinda ballad. Really strong, powerful chorus supported by a strong vocal and a poignant meaning, really don’t have anything to complain about here. Fantastic song.
06) Hey Violet - Melodically it’s good but otherwise I’m not really sold on this personally. I get the appeal to it but her voice is super grating on a song like this, it’s definitely better suited to more upbeat music in my opinion, and the production and the rest of the song isn’t really doing enough to compensate. It’s alright, but I felt like I disliked more than I liked about this.
07) slayyyter - QUEEN!!! It’s not as good as Alone but I’m not sure she’ll ever be able to top that pop mastery so I’ll definitely take this. Love Ayesha too so naturally I enjoyed this, definitely the right execution of this genre. Bop!
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp - ESC artists for the sake of ESC artists yay! I mean I assume this wasn’t sent for the musical quality because… where is the musical quality? I mean it’s _okay_ until the chorus but girl what is that chorus? A choice is what it is. Not really much personality to this song it just felt kinda empty with a weird (non) chorus and then it was done. Uninteresting AND annoying.
09) PAX - This is very solid Romanian pop like it doesn’t reinvent anything or do anything new but it’s definitely solid. Roxen’s voice kinda grates on me most of the time other than like You Don’t Love Me and Cherry Red but it doesn’t grate THAT much here. This is just a good song, I’m not mad at it at all.
10) Eden Alene - I don’t wanna have to reward cheap ESC artists like this but like what are the alternatives? Feker Libi is definitely the best of her NF songs but this is probably second place. I feel like it pops off more live but the studio is good too. The drop slaps, the chorus is catchy, good song overall. Will probably be a contender and I guess I can’t really complain.
11) The Mamas - Their ESC song is so joyful I was kinda convinced this would keep the momentum of this final going but I’m… underwhelmed. Kinda feels like a song they just rejected for MF before landing on Move like it’s fine but not really doing a huge amount for me. Meh, I’m sure it’ll do well based on the name but the song isn’t all that.
12) JC Stewart - I was actually really pleasantly surprised by this I can’t believe I’m about to give a man rights. Good production, good voice, really like the chorus, this was all around a really strong entry that I enjoyed a lot. The right balance of dark and pop it just worked really well for me I loved it.
13) Gryffin - He’s so hit or miss like Baggage was GREAT and Remember grew on me but then there’s really boring, generic stuff like this. I like her voice but this was just such a formulaic and predictable song I knew exactly where it was going within like 3 seconds. Lyrically it’s very empty too there’s just not really anything substantial here.
14) Shinedown - I guess I could see what this was trying to do but nope did not do it for me at all. It just felt like a chore to listen to I was so ready for it to end by the 2 minute mark but it kept going it just never ended. Not a fan and I’m not really sure why/how it qualified.
15) Ester Peony - LMAO I’ve had this song on my list for a while. It’s so funny but I do enjoy it quite a lot. I love this angry sweary Ester it’s so iconic. She’s counting backwards which I mean it’s unconventional but y’all know how much I love a counting woman. Those motherfucKERS sends me every time this song is so powerful.
16) Duncan Laurence - Arcade is such a high bar I think I’ll be disappointed by literally anything he puts out but alas that’s how I feel about this. I like it more than Love Don’t Hate It and it’s very solid melodically and vocally but it doesn’t really have the same punch Arcade did. Overall it’s a DECENT song, like I said it’s solid I just don’t really love it.
17) Mariette - I find it kinda funny how slept on this was when it’s probably my favourite of her Melfest entries. It’s very Swedish, a very solid Melfest song that does its job well and serves its purpose. It’s not something I’d go out of my way to listen to but I’m a big fan of the cheerful chorus and the quieter verses. Really solid, enjoyable song.
18) Velix & Playmen - That was a very dramatic intro for a very… not dramatic song. Started off kinda 2013 Avicii-esque but went into a very different direction for the chorus that I wasn’t sure about at all. He’s got a great voice but I didn’t feel like it was particularly suited to this kind of production (as strong as the production was). Idk there were a lot of the ingredients here for a great entry but it just didn’t come together for me.
19) Fanny Andersen - Oh she’s EDGY. This was kinda quirky I feel like I was into the idea of it more than the actual song if that makes sense? Like it was nice but as a whole package it didn’t quite get there for me? It was pretty good though and it had a good hook to it. Didn’t hate it by any stretch.
20) Elisabet - I’ve had this on my list but I don’t actually like it so I don’t think I ever would’ve used it. The chorus definitely slaps but the verses are such a choice so it’s just not nice to listen to in full. I really do wish the verses were even a little bit listenable because I’d definitely stan if they were but alas they aren’t.
21) YEИDRY - This is SO pretty I have no idea how TSC is going to respond to it but I really really love it. Just a really smooth listen from start to finish and I have a BIG soft spot for Spanish-language music when it’s executed well. This is executed very very well I’m stanning hard. The two part chorus is soooo good this is probably one of my favourite TSC entries of the year what an entry.
22) Ana Guerra - There’s well executed Spanish-language music and then there’s this generic nonsense lmao literally who cares for this music at this point it’s nothing we haven’t seen 5 million times already. It’s no more awful than the rest of it but it’s never gonna be for me.
23) Roxen - The superior Roxen song this week don’t @ me it’s just tea. That being said I’m kinda over it and Alcohol You has grown on me a lot so I’m probably not AS keen on it as I would’ve been if it was sent at the time it lost her selection. Still a bop though, and never forget the iconic stationary performance yes go girl give us nothing. <3
1440 days 1 hour ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Foxes - When I saw the running order, I did not expect one of the least impressive Foxes releases that I can remember would be one of the better songs in the contest at this point... but here we are. (omg this makes no sense in the context of the final but I'm keeping it <3)
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue - I was assuming there was an overreaction to this qualifying, but not at all. Dated and dull. This made me go limpido, girl.
03) Jxdn - I thought that I was going to hate this around 30 seconds in, and that's not the case at all. I merely just dislike it!
04) Prizm - 80's feel. After the last two songs that sounds like an absolute masterpiece. Really like it.
05) Wrabel - Said in my original SF comments that this is definitely something I have to be in the mood for to fully appreciate. I don't think we're being Same Love'd, it feels genuine and it's a well written and sung song. Not exactly in the mood for it to *REALLY* hit (expect that tone to change when I get to Duncan), but I acknowledge the all-around competence here.
06) Hey Violet - I was waiting for it to break out into a bombastic chorus... while it was allegedly already deep into the chorus LOL. Listenable, but it's lacking any sort of moment to latch onto.
07) slayyyter - ITS TOO COMPUTER SOUNDS LIKE SHIT!

But really, these kind of vocals are hit or miss with me. I liked this one, though!
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp - It has soooo much potential, but the chorus is kinda clunky. Not that I hate the chorus, but there's just something off about it that I'm not completely sold on. That drum sequence made my pussy pop severely, though. So much that I'm willing to forgive the mediocre chorus. A messy bop. Update: I've been shouting the admittedly bad chorus for 2 days straight. PLAY WITH!!!!!!!
09) PAX - Cherry Red is a superior song, but I get that y'all are over it. I have a concept, though: both songs can do well because they deserve it. Effortless, the good kind.
10) Eden Alene - I asked for Roots, I did not receive. But I'm not going to sit here and pretend that Ms. Eden Alene didn't hand deliver us three bops on the same day.
11) The Mamas - So cute. Love them. <3
12) JC Stewart - It's pleasant. Doesn't quite get all the way there for me on first listen, but it's pretty solid and competent.
13) Gryffin - I had a feeling this was going to be a bit generic, but I was willing to give it a chance. Listenable, inoffensive, but there's pretty much nothing about this that feels FRESH.
14) Shinedown - A tolerable male rock entry, which you can take as a compliment if you'd like.
15) Ester Peony - MAH-THURR-FAH-KURRS. The production is minimal, but this still feels so extra overall. <3 It's angry but also has the type of production where it feels like she's supposed to be giving us nothing (and doing it flawlessly). I'm so torn because I want to point this, but something tells me I will not be listening to it ever again other than for a laugh.
16) Duncan Laurence - This man knows how to write a song and show emotional vulnerabilty without ever making me feel like it's put on. King. Has already grown on me quite a bit since it was released.
17) Mariette - Completely slept on this during NF season since it's definitely Mariette's weakest attempt yet, but it's still competent and it's grown on me.
18) Velix & Playmen - I've already seen the Avicii comparisons and immediately heard it as soon as that ridiculously long intro finished. I got that comparison out of my head pretty quickly though, this is a lot more chill than Avicii. Very nice tone, chill production, not sure it's *all* the way there but I like it.
19) Fanny Andersen - It won me over immediately by the visual of Trump followed by "isn't it tiring having to wake up every day." I felt that. There's something about this that feels unpolished, but I'm actually liking that right now. UPDATE: I liked this A LOT MORE in the semi than I do now. :/
20) Elisabet - https://i.gyazo.com/3e32eb9c9640ed9d88e538614032215c.png
21) YEИDRY - I would have given up my qualification for her if she didn't make it.
22) Ana Guerra - Tuesday: Yeah, I think I'm just in the mood for bad songs that I can move my body to right now, because this hit the spot while it's simultaneously in my head that it's a technically bad song that I could see myself not caring for in a different mood.

Thursday: Yep, this is shit. <3
23) Roxen - SLOW ME DOWN ON THE STREETS OF DOWNTOWN MALAGA.
1440 days 1 hour ago
Fritzyyyyy
PLAY WITHHHHHHH
1439 days 12 hours ago
TheGoodMan
01) Foxes - This is a bit different from the Foxes music I know and enjoy already. I actually did like it, it had a nice edge to it, but it was a little harder to get into than her older stuff.
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue - I'm shocked Kylie is on this pretty AWFUL track lol. This is really really bad, it's plodding, the guitar is really bad, I am not a fan :(
03) Jxdn - oooh, angsty! I found it quite outdated and pretty poorly put together. The percussion for some reason sounded really off to me on this?
04) Prizm - OOOH!! I love some synthy action, the vocals for this are punchy and go great with the synthy production, This is a fantastic entry!
05) Wrabel - I might get a bit of flak for liking this but it has a lot of gravitas to it. He knows his way around writing a song, I found it built really nicely and the vocal was strong. I liked it.
06) Hey Violet - This one was pretty pleasant to listen to. I don't think it was a world beater, but I liked the vocal a lot actually, it is a different take on this pop genre IMO.
07) slayyyter  - yeah this one went completely OFF. This really is my kinda shit so whoever sent it knows me! I love a sexy pop vocal with some boppy production
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp - JUSTICE FOR PLACES. This is more along those lines than Attention! I like her voice quite a bit, this one is an extremely messy song but it kept me pretty engaged for the long run.
09) PAX -  This is one of those disposable dance songs, I didn't really get into it, I just found it a bit dull actually. All stuff I've heard before.
10) Eden Alene - I will say I believe this song outsells Feker Libi! I think it's a good ethno-bop with a driving beat and a confident vocal.
11) The Mamas - I think this is a cute song, and it shows their voices pretty well, I'm not sure it has the same staying power that 'Move' has, but it's a very nice entry.
12) JC Stewart - I don't really have a lot to say about this one actually, I thought the chorus was a let down from what it seemed to be building to. Meh.
13) Gryffin - It is the usual kind of EDM summer bop you hear in the background of like Love Island adverts and so on. It's fine, I don't think I'd revisit it but I'd not run out of a club if I heard it.
14) Shinedown - So again, I actually liked this a lot more than I expected, it's a well made rock song. The lyrics are bit naff but I honestly kinda got into it?
15) Ester Peony - Wiwi RIGGS made this happen. This, predictably like On A Sunday is an absolute mess. And not really in the fun way? I didn't get into it at all because... it was like so inaccessible from a music perspective lol?
16) Duncan Laurence - First of all, Arcade is overrated, this one is also just only OK. I think the part where it goes falsetto on SOMEONE else is kinda jarring, I don't like it.
17) Mariette - Whoever wrote in the chat that this is a cute song and we all just disliked it because we expected an ultimate bop from Mariette was right. I think this song is really pleasant to listen to, it's a lil bit corny sure, but I get a lot from it!
18) Velix & Playmen - Wow a man I don't hate! I think this is a cool dance track, I mean the beat was pretty thumping and the vocal effects were really good.
19) Fanny Andersen - I DONT WANNA WAKE UP. FUCK. This is such a mood. I liked this one, it's a very character filled pop song.
20) Elisabet - Yeah I qute liked this one to be honest, I thought it had a nice beat, a nice vocal and was put together well without having to go over the top, a solid entry overall.
21) YEИDRY - omg spanish music! esléy. I liked this one most out of the spanish songs here! It had a lot of drama to it, some experimental moments, it was really good.
22) Ana Guerra  - This was good! I like a bit of spanish pop music and I really liked the claps, and the slower sexy kinda vibes.
23) Roxen - RAKATA. This really does QUAKE me. I have enjoyed it for a long time now and I think it would have served at Eurovision had Roxen bothered. It's a shame she doesn't like the song but go queen! give us nothing!
1439 days 7 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Foxes – She got such a good voice that is sadly wasted in a song like this as the music is horrific with these sound effects putting me off
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue – The beat is alright at best, but I felt like they didn’t take any opportunities as there was no power and was cheesy
03) Jxdn – He got a grainy voice that gets very annoying and the song itself is something else as it is repetitive and gave me a headache
04) Prizm – Yes, I love a good dance track, and this fits the bill from the retro sound and oh it is so pleasant and enjoyable that it makes me groove along
05) Wrabel – The vocalist is clearly trying but it was very much doomed with the material not being powerful and doesn’t pack a punch
06) Hey Violet – I just adore her vocals as they speak out and this was a nice song that has some good moments as I can groove to it
07) slayyyter – I hate her vocals as it sounds very rushed and the music feels cheap and it doesn’t really gel well as I would rather forget about it
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp – Well it is alright as she got a great voice and the verses were grabbing me until the chorus happened and it sound like a child made it
09) PAX – This has some pros like the vocals are so good that got me hooked but the cons are clearly the music that didn’t build up to anything
10) Eden Alene – Thank god it is Rakata as this is superior to the trash of roots as this got a lovely hook and it is clearly a banger that I can’t stop loving
11) The Mamas – They got great voices but here it really doesn’t show as it is all laid back and I think the song is to blame as it is just bland which is a crime
12) JC Stewart – I love a nice radio friendly song, and this is it as it is a slow grower, but it is different with that distinctive voice and calming melody
13) Gryffin – Okay I can’t help to dance when this plays as the music is lit and she got a crazy voice and it was perfect from start to finish
14) Shinedown – I very much liked this rock song as it was built up really well and takes it up a notch in the chorus being enjoyable
15) Ester Peony – She is very distinctive and I very much like the verses as it was building up pleasantly well until the gargle of the chorus arrived
16) Duncan Laurence – Now this is what you call a disappointment as he doesn’t grab me showing no power and it is very forgettable
17) Mariette – Now this is a disappointment when I hear it as the song didn’t have an impact and the power was clearly downgraded
18) Velix & Playmen – I have mixed feelings about this as their vocals are good, but the music is horrid as it seemed like they chose to combine everything
19) Fanny Andersen – I don’t want to listen to this song again fuck, as it actually brings emptiness feeling very lazy from that same beat to her vocals
20) Elisabet – Nope the music already makes me want to die and the song is going as slow as a snail pace as nothing is clearly happening
21) YEИDRY – You know what I thought it was going somewhere but it turned out to be a downer as the chorus was a bloody disaster
22) Ana Guerra – I’m pretty much tired of this one as she never changes her tone being the same throughout and that goes the same to the music
23) Roxen – The beat is very infectious, and it is good for what it is, but I felt like the singer didn’t give enough energy and the chorus is lacklustre
1439 days 2 hours ago
Insanity
1. Foxes - It’s a cute little tune. I think it stood out in its semi, idk how well it will stand out in the finals, but personally I quite enjoy it. I’m digging the retro touches.
2. Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue - LMAO all those key changes. This feels really disjointed, I don’t think the singers’ energies match up well.
3. jxdn - Very mid-late punk boy band vibes. I can appreciate it because the sound is so nostalgic, but it’s not for me.
4. PRIZM - This reminds me of early-mid 2010s indie pop in the best way possible. The beat is killer, and I’m fully bopping.
5. Wrabel - Appreciate the message, don’t like the song.
6. Hello Violet - A very whatever song from a very whatever band. Never really got fully invested with this one.
7. Slayyyter - https://i.imgur.com/KfdH7pW.gif
8. Ulrikke Bandthorp - Wish the chorus was a little stronger, but the rest of the song is such a bop. Very strong, potentially a contender?
9. Pax - It’s got some great elements to me. The effects on her voice can be annoying, but otherwise I’m into it.
10. Eden - A little juvenile in spots, the “swag” line makes me cringe. It’s not bad overall I suppose.
11. The Mamas - Really enjoyed this, although it does verge into 50 motivational quotes territory with those lyrics, but the sound is very pleasant.
12. JC Stewart - Pretty inoffensive. Nothing groundbreaking, but it’s fine.
13. Gryffin - I didn’t really care for this. This type of sound has been done so many times before and I’m kinda over it.
14. Shinedown - All men from semi 2 were bad.
15. Ester Peony - Is this Alexeh? He loves sending a white woman counting. The song is a little underwhelming, it kind of loses traction in the chorus. I expected better, because this song has potential.
16. Duncan Lawrence - The production is really clean. It was simple yet effective. I enjoyed this one.
17. Mariette - The chorus stands out in this one. It’s got a good sound to it. I really enjoyed this one.
18. Velix - The sound feels so familiar. I feel like I’ve heard this before. It’s alright.
19. Fanny Anderson - The bridge was really cool. I love that beat. The vocal could’ve been a little stronger to give this song more energy, but I enjoyed it overall.
20. Elisabet - Tried to get into it, but it’s just not really meshing for me. It feels incomplete somehow.
21. YENDRY - I just didn’t really care for this one? A little uneventful.
22. Ana Guerra - I liked this slightly more than YENDRY, but like YENDRY, it’s too lowkey for me and it fails to stand out in the final imo.
23. Roxen - Not bad. It’s got a good progression to it. The drop is kinda lame but it’s a decent song otherwise.
1439 days 2 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Foxes - I think she was slightly confused on which direction she should have undertaken for this song. At times it does sound retro-ish and similar to what Foxes has done in the past, but then there are parts which show a lot of trend-riding. Quite torn on this.
2. Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue - I was trying to come up with a comment for this, but all I could think of was a few adjectives: Bland, cheesy and dull. How in the world did this qualify?
3. Jxdn - Very dated sounding, plus it's not a kind of a song I am particularly fond of. This isn't doing much to change my view on that. Not a fan of this half-assed chorus. Bleh.
4. Prizm - Feeling the 80s vibe straight away. Slightly low-key at parts, but the overall product really works. Good song.
5. Wrabel - If you want to know how the capitalist system celebrates pride in a song, there you go.
6. Hey Violet - Nothing particularly wrong with this, but it's not a very engaging song I'm afraid.
7. slayyyter - This is some bullshit noise, but it's quite a fun ear-assaulting experience, especially considering the other songs (bar Prizm). Quite surprised this qualified, but maybe that's for the better!
8. Ulrikke Brandstorp - Builds reasonably well in the verses until it reaches this complete buzzkill of a chorus. What a shame, could have been a killer song. I guess it's alright.
9. PAX - I much prefer this over "Cherry Red." Better production values and overall songwriting takes this above the line. Just wish the drop delivered a little more, though.
10. Eden Alane - Always liked this song, though it's a bit of a cop-out to send this haha. Eden really served in her NF.
11. The Mamas - It's rather pedestrian as a whole, but it's pleasant enough. Not much to complain about, has slightly grown on me since the semis.
12. JC Stewart - There isn't anything remarkable about this, but it's definitely passable in terms of a male pop entry. Doubtful that I would reward it, though.
13. Gryffin - The moment this starts, you know exactly what direction this is gonna go towards. Very uninspiring. I will admit that it's definitely not a terrible entry by any means, but this sort of a thing has been so overdone, and past dance entries had done this kind of music much better than Gryffin did here.
14. Shinedown - Builds well to this hard-hitting chorus. Usually wouldn't go for this, but this got me quite sold.
15. Ester Peony - This does feel quite tryhard if I am being very honest LOL. It's still pretty good overall, but there's something quite wrong about this.
16. Duncan Laurence - Probably his best since "Arcade," there's nothing really extraordinary about this, but it's a nice listen throughout. Pretty good, slightly lacks the final push to elevate it.
17. Mariette - It's a competent song without much personality. It's ok, not that memorable I'm afraid, which is probably why this underperformed at Melodifestivalen this year.
18. Velix & Playmen - Surprised that this works quite well. Nice upbeat tune with good production values. Decent choice.
19. Fanny Andersen - What an unfortunate stage name. Anyway, I don't mind it, but there's nothing that makes me wanna return to listening to this tune.
20. Elisabet - Quite interesting actually. Slightly quirky while also flowing with that nice pop rock sound. The verses could have used some polishing, but otherwise, a good pick.
21. YEИDRY - Tries to be different, but ends up sounding rather plain. Nothing to return to.
22. Ana Gueera - Rather simple. Yet again, nothing terrible but I am not exactly pleased.
23. Roxen - Overrated during the NF season, still extremely overrated now. It's not a bad song by any means, but this sort of a pop sound has been executed so much better.
1438 days 13 hours ago
varlto
1) Foxes: Omg this was a very good song! I loved the uh uh uh part LMAO
2) Laura Pausini: We stan Laura but we don't stan this song
3) jxdn: This is an extremely good song that won't get the recognision it deserves! >:(
4) Prizm: Omg a good song! I really enjoyed this one, really catchy!
5) Wrabel: Wow... this song was very passionate and powerful, I loved it so much! Amazing.
6) Hey Violet: Omg another really good song wtf! I really like her voice and the chorus was amazing! 10/10!
7) slayyyter: what the fuck was this! horrid!
8) Ulrikke: Where is the cute innocent girl who just wanted attention :(
9) Pax: Another really average and actually kinda bad song sorry!!
10) Eden Alene: I have to admit that I've always found this song very annoying!
11) The Mamas: Ugh these women are honestly amazing. What can I say, an incredibly good song ugh!
12) JC Stewart: Oh I actually really liked this one! Its vibe was very cool
13) Gryffin: omggg yesss this song was really good! It's a very happy bop, loving it!
14) Shinedown: YES!!! Amazing song wow! Whoever sent this, congratulations!
15) Ester Peony: omg yes an iconic song too! I love Ester too and this song is very good
16) Duncan Laurence: This song is fiiine but comparing it to Arcade... it sucks LMAO
17) Mariette: Oh actually a pretty cute song, I did enjoy it!
18) Velix: This was actually amazing like wow! I really liked its vibe:)
19) Fanny Andersen: This was good too but I don't think it is enough to get points from me this time!
20) Elisabet: BOYCOTT ELISABET!
21) YENDRY: This kinda reminds me of Rosalia and... we stan Rosalia<3
22) Ana Guerra: Disgusting, horrible, literally one of the worst spanish songs ever
23) Roxen: I actually prefer Alcohol You 100 times before this one sorry!!
1438 days 9 hours ago
SeaViper
Foxes- Fo some reason, this song gives me nostalgia for the early 2010's idk why. It sounds like maybe something you would play at a BBQ lol. I like it though

Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue- I am not a huge fan of this. Flop

Jxden- Was this song about a stroke? Because I felt like that was what it gave me

PRIZM- Really not a fan. I wad bored

Wrabel- Another song that sounds nostalgic. Honestly stop, I don't like to feel nostalgia it makes me depressed

Hey Violet- This had a decent beat, and overall wasn't bad

Slayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyter- Slayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...well not really I hated this

Ulrikke- Not my favorite Ulrikke song, next time to with Places please- that song does acctually take me places. Has the potential to be a bop then the chorus happens etc etc yada yada yada

PAX- No, just no

Eden- Feker Libi was better. This was fine, but not a standout

The Mamas- Out of all the ESC artists so far, this continues the pattern. ESC song was better. Again, this was alright

JC- This was quite nice. I like it, but it doesn't majorly stand out

Gryffin- I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's one of those I think I will like the more I listen, but may also hate

Shinedown- Oop I've heard this before but somewhere else. I didn't like it the first time I heard it, but I acctually quite liked it this time

Ester- Acctually, I found myself quite enjoying this

Duncan- I didn't like his ESC song, feel free to murder me, but somehow this was worse...I'm telling you the ESC artists this edition have just flopped

Mariette- This was fine, but not special

Velix and Playmen- The opening was really strong then flop

Fanny- This has a nice beat, alright overall

Elisabet- Just not memorable for me. Ask me to remember this in a day, and I will not know what your talking about

Yendry- Another boring one

Ana- Ana- This was quite dull, sorry, next

Roxen- I'm not a fan of Alchohol You, and I'm honestly not a fan of this, but Alchahol You is still better in my opinion
1438 days 7 hours ago
LornaHollas
1. I liked this. It's good to hear from her again
2. I mean it's Kylie so I have to stan
3. I really dig the sound of this. It's cool
4. It's really fun and I like the 80s sound
5. If I was judging on the video it would get my 12 but the song itself feels like he is just singing "the village" over and over again
6. Quite like their music and sound. I dig this
7. Lol this is such a mess
8. I guess it's alright
9. Really like the drop in this
10. I liked this more than her Eurovision entry tbh
11. Love them. This is a feel good bop!
12. It was alright but doesn't leave much of an impact
13. This was fun, it feels really happy
14. I really really dig the sound of this. More songs like this please
15. Well this is definitely a bop!
16. He keeps delivering after Eurovision! I really like this
17. Kind of boring. Doesn't do much for me
18. I had high hopes for this but I didn't like it, it was actually horrible at parts
19. It feels like a song for posers
20. I really liked this one. It was really catchy
21. Meh, quite dull
22. Don't care for trap sounds. This felt a bit one note
23. Never got the appeal to this. I guess it's ok
1438 days 7 hours ago
Talian
01) Foxes : I am really vibing to this. The chorus is very smooth and strong.

02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue : When this came out in 2013 it kinda signed Laura’s end do the career in my eyes. With this she definitely blended in with the rest of the average Italian pop stars. But if this was the solo version, could be better.

03) Jxdn : I just love this song. I was planning on entering it in the next few contests. Great pick.

04) Prizm : This is just so mediocre to me. Not inventive at all and it kinda went very repetitive after too little too soon.

05) Wrabel : There’s something wrong with thsi contets if it took this long to submit this masterpiece .

06) Hey Violet : She is cute. I like her but I am never blown away by her.

07) slayyyter : Definitely one of the best entries by her but even there I don’t think it’s enough to redeem her in my eyes .

08) Ulrikke Brandstorp : Verses are fine. The chorus is too empty. I am not a fan of the farting noises in the chorus either .

09) PAX : The only thing I kinda like is the drop but even rheee it sounds too undefined for my taste. This song has been on my lost forever and even tho I was always sure this would go amazing in here, I just don’t like it.

10) Eden Alene : This was very fun. I liked it. The basses in this are just stellar if you ask me.

11) The Mamas : Very summery. Very 2014. Not really my style but I appreciated it either way.

12) JC Stewart : I really liked it until the chorus. Which was kinda of a let down since the rest was just amazing.

13) Gryffin : If this is for someone, that someone ain’t me.

14) Shinedown : Literally one of my favorite underground rock songs. Like... top 50 material. And since I am a rock aficionado that’s a whole lot.

15) Ester Peony : Penny. I swear. If this is you stealing my TWSC entry once again... I will live! I think it was the great varlto who said : “this song makes me want to divorce from my imaginary husband” and he was absolutely right. This song is a whole mood and Romania prime.

16) Duncan Laurence : He always seems to miss the mark with me and even tho I have to admit this is the song by him I enjoyed the most. It’s still not there fully.

17) Mariette : She’s... way better than this.

18) Velix & Playmen : It’s nice but it needed more momentum.

19) Fanny Andersen : I don’t know. There is something about this that is really not matching with me.

20) Elisabet : Me @ thinking Patrick was mad they stole the a-ö of Iceland from him. Now THAT would be a steal. This is nice. But... not for me.

21) YEИDRY : 2012 was filled with underestimated acts on the X factor Italia which I stanned. Her. Mahmood. So many great artists. She is queen. I am not a fan of this latest Rosalia rip-off style. But she still rocks it.

22) Ana Guerra : Latinas are SERVING! This contest.

23) Roxen : Much better than her ESC song. I like it. The drop is kinda there but overall I like it.
1438 days 3 hours ago
Darbe
1.        Foxes – I like the production, but the song isn’t as exciting as some of her others
2.        Laura Pausini – This reminds me of a mid 2000 Eurovision song lmao. I love when a mess qualifies.
3.        Jdxdn – This started promising but I think it lost its way a bit mid-way. Was okay.
4.        PRIZM – I would’ve probably obsessed with this in late 2019. This was cute. 
5.        Wrabel – Trans rights, good message
6.        Hey Violet – Found this boring in the semi, and it’s not necessarily exciting now, but it’s an easy listen it’s grew on me
7.        Slayyyter – Sounds like Charli pc kinda stuff. This didn’t really do much for me.
8.        Ulrikke – The verses were good. Chorus is a bit annoying even though the hook is catchy.
9.        PAX – Lol is Roxen really getting 1st and 2nd place this week? I hope so.
10.        Eden – I personally prefer Feker Libi but I see the appeal. She’s hella creative, I like it.
11.        The Mamas – Love them but it’s only fine. Not as good as Move.
12.        JC Stewart – Honestly, I enjoyed this quite a bit
13.        Gryffin – Is he gonna be the next big DJ? I’ve actually already heard this track before and it’s sonically pleasing obviously
14.        SHINEDOWN – I like the guitar in the intro, but I didn’t care for the chorus 
15.        Ester Peony – She was robbed last year, but the lyrics to this one were really obnoxious to me
16.        Duncan Laurence – He’s really emotive and sincere. This was good
17.        Mariette – Lmao I randomly supported this basic bop in Melfest and I still do. Melody is just so memorable.
18.        Velix – Quite a few songs similar to this in this contest but this is decent
19.        Fanny Anderson – The production sounds cheap but it’s understandable for a starting artist. This is an okay effort.
20.        Elisabet – This is set at an awkward pace which threw me off quite early on
21.        YENDRY – Not really doing much for me meh
22.        Ana – Lol these two spanish songs are put back to back again? The production is surprisingly good on this one though
23.        Roxen – Oh I do love this bop
1438 days 1 hour ago
bibbles
01) Foxes – I know it was tsc70 but they still make me think of emma!!
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue – Kylies bit didn’t sit right, but it was okay.
03) Jxdn – I liked this up until he swore!!
04) Prizm – the 80s film feel, can almost see Michael J Fox!
05) Wrabel – its taking its time, hes got a nice voice, but it’s a bit depressing!
06) Hey Violet – it was kind of okay, and then she did her mummy proud!!
07) slayyyter – so clever!
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp – it was okay in places, the chorus was a bit repetitive!
09) PAX - lazy drawling singing to a lazy drawling tune!
10) Eden Alene – slightly annoying vocals, and slightly annoy lyrics, the way she sings them!!
11) The Mamas – I liked their song in the Eurovision, this was quick nice!
12) JC Stewart – hes a bit whispery, but the tune was quick nice and he had a nice tone!
13) Gryffin – its okay, a bit chipmunky!
14) Shinedown –ive used these, first heard them on the radio in America! Its good!
15) Ester Peony – soooo annoying, no, really, it was annoying,
16) Duncan Laurence – 3rd song tonight that sounds the same, come on gentlemen, pick it up a bit!!
17) Mariette – very familiar sounding song, it was okay.
18) Velix & Playmen – stupidly long intro, not a bad song though!
19) Fanny Andersen – go to sleep then!
20) Elisabet – it was okay, her voice wasn’t bad!
21) YEИDRY – quite plan, sort of washed away!
22) Ana Guerra – not doing it for me!
23) Roxen – back to lazy hazy singing!
1437 days 16 hours ago
Milkisgood
01) Foxes: The song is a little better than the music video if that means anything
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue: I think it sounds nice and their voices mesh well with each other/the background music.
03) Jxdn: I like the alternative/punk rock vibe it gives for sure; it reminds me between a mix of Linkin Park and Panic! At the Disco
04) Prizm: There were times I couldn't hear the song because of the beat, but for the most part it's fine, when the beat isn't overpowering it's a lot better.
05) Wrabel: I like the song, I've heard it before so I recognized it immediately too
06) Hey Violet: Clean vocals and some good notes hit throughout the song. I like it!
07) slayyyter: The whisper singing isn't my cup of tea and the mixed in autotune and less than stellar lyrics didn't help the case with me
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp - How do you pronounce her name? It's a decent song though, I like the beat.
09) PAX: I like the beat a lot, it's very catchy. Vocals are eh, but the beat makes it a lot more fun.
10) Eden Alene: I like the beat, music, energy and vocals. All around pretty solid.
11) The Mamas: Strong vocals and lively, good instrumental pieces too. I like it!
12) JC Stewart: I like it, it has a spark of familiarity even though I've never listened to it before so bonus points for that.
13) Gryffin: It's poppy and lively with nice vocals and a great beat. It doesn't dramatically standout from similar songs but I like it nonetheless.
14) Shinedown: I like when he exploded in the chorus, the verses are kinda eh though
15) Ester Peony: I kinda find her voice annoying, and I don't know why. It's just something I don't want to listen to, and I didn't feel like the beat matched the song. Maybe it's just not my cup of tea.
16) Duncan Laurence: He hits some nice high notes but I wish there was more power in his voice; it's a calming song to listen to, though there's not a whole lot to it.
17) Mariette: "Half asleep, half awake" kinda describes her voice in the song. It seems like she's trying to not try to sing while singing.
18) Velix & Playmen: I like the beat more than the vocals and lyrics, but it's okay. The beat helps a lot here. The first minute in the video isn't something I appreciated.
19) Fanny Andersen: I saw Nosferato in the video!!! The song uhhh I'd be lying if I said it was one my favorites.
20) Elisabet: It sounded fine, but didn't stand out for me. The beat was okay when I could hear it.
21) YEИDRY: Nothing stood out to me on this one, it was fine but I'm not gonna run and put it on my spotify playlist or anything
22) Ana Guerra: Well it was interesting to watch at least... I guess
23) Roxen: The beat was kinda boring imo, the vocals were fine but the song didn't stand out from the other 22 too much either.
1437 days 16 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) Foxes        i was bopping along but at the same time not really paying attention... you know?
02) Laura Pausini, Kylie Minogue        i mean this is trying to be that pop rock bop but it's like... meh... like i expect so much more out of two big hitters
03) Jxdn        this guy is everything i don't understand about what gen z like... like... i don't get it
04) Prizm        this seems up ychm's alley. i don't enjoy it on first listen but it would grow on me if i was forced to listen to it in his car a few times
05) Wrabel        like i easily got distracted as this was playing, then went back and remembered it was playing
06) Hey Violet        theyse ayre the vohcahls i hayte.
07) slayyyter        i've heard this before... don't know why.... i'm kinda awkwardly vibing... but also not.
08) Ulrikke Brandstorp        Places > Attention > Play With .... but i love the other two so i'm not hating it but not LIVING
09) PAX        has bops... and has been on bops... yet submits trash to ESC.
10) Eden Alene        feker libi has grown on me more, and i even like roots better than this now.
11) The Mamas        i mean vocally great, song was alright
12) JC Stewart        this was inoffensive to me.
13) Gryffin        there are songs with better vocals and songs with better beats but it's still good
14) Shinedown        another song that's like meh for the genre and i don't like the genre so i'm like no than you
15) Ester Peony        i mean it's good but like... at the same time it's not... like it's hard to describe... ya know... it's like it's missing something
16) Duncan Laurence        i mean it didn't excite me but it's not terrible
17) Mariette        this was so lesbian binb ychm didn't even love it
18) Velix & Playmen        after that intro, the song started and i started vibing almost instantly.
19) Fanny Andersen        i was not vibing and like by the end still didn't vibe... like it's just a no for me dawg
20) Elisabet        so this is gonna do really well. got it
21) YEИDRY        i was looking forward to this... but it didn't actually deliver
22) Ana Guerra        again another i was expecting to deliver more than it did.
23) Roxen        *claps* should've *claps* been *claps* this *claps*

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!