This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 396 Final

Topic » TSC 396 Final

1441 days 18 hours ago
Nikkayy
01) Valentina Monetta -  beautiful voice, but unsure why this was so popular
02) Inga & Anush - Unsure if the music goes with the song, however it was quite enjoyable
03) Ruth Lorenzo - Felt this song was a little slow, but she has a beautiful voice
04) Jessica Mauboy - Absolutely loved this song, perfect in every way.
05) Christabelle - Fun, unbeat and well thought out. lyrics are really touching
06) Norma John - I wanted to like this song, however I just couldn't get into it at all
07) Margaret Berger - Did not expect this vibe at all!
08) Nadav Guedj - Another banging entry from Isreal! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
09) ZAA Sanja Vucic - Felt like the singer was trying a bit too hard, could hear it in her voice. However overall quite enjoyable
10) Carola - Definite Kelly Clarkson vibes!
11) Eleftheria Eleftheriou - Don't know what I expected, but it wasn't this! Very funky!
12) Bonnie Tyler - Absolute classic from the UK!
13) Aisel - Couldn't help but sing along!
14) Silvia Night - This sounded out of tune, quite disappointing!
15) Joci Papai - Really unsure what I just listened to
16) Mariya Yeramchuk - Very very catchy!
17) Hera Bjork - Closed my eyes while listening to this, and it took me to a whole new world! Smashing!!
18) Urban Symphony - Found this song quite soothing despite the upbeat/uplifting music
19) Greta Salome - lovely piece of music, lyrics very fitting
20) zalagasper - Very touching! Truly got to me this one!
21) Kaliopi - Enjoyed this pop rock entry, very different!
22) Gaitana - This song was an absolute party!
23) Lordi - Not my usual vibe, but I enjoyed this a lot! slipknot who?
1441 days 11 hours ago
Eoin
01) Valentina Monetta - TOOT - I see Valentina, I support it, it's that simple.

02) Inga & Anush - TOOT - This song was honestly a ride, like its so batshit, i have no choice but to stan it, the vocals, were not that bad too strangely.

03) Ruth Lorenzo - TOOT - Just high class excellence, perfection in a song, ugh, her mind.

04) Jessica Mauboy - TOOT - C'MON CRAB DANCE! I mean this is pop basic 101, probably why it didn't leave a big impression. It's fine, but it doesn't slay me.

05) Christabelle - BOOT - Good choice in choosing the video over the live, this still is pretty lacklustre though and it could have went harder.

06) Norma John - BOOT - Boring and overrated, it deserved the NQ.

07) Margaret Berger - TOOT - Overrated, a little too much for me, i don't mind it, i think it hits the pop threads it needs to, it's not my favourite but i still do like it. It's got a nice dramatic feel to it.

08) Nadav Guedj - BOOT - MY LEAST FAVOURITE ESC SONG OF ALL TIME. NOPE.

09) ZAA Sanja Vucic - TOOT - Not the most memorable song in the world, but it's executed really well and I can't really fault this.

10) Carola - TOOT - She's enjoying her life so I am too. I liked it, it is dated but in a fun way. A nice, feel good song.

11) Eleftheria Eleftheriou - BOOT - This was really cringe and overtly cutesy, ew.

12) Bonnie Tyler - TOOT - Honestly I kinda stan this, it's really catchy, I think I prefer the live, but it's nice.

13) Aisel - TOOT - Even if the live is pitchy, i do prefer it, this is lyrically a mess but it gets me going. Honestly it was so robbed in the semi of death. I love the chorus.

14) Silvia Night - BOOT - I mean its hilarious but still, it is terrible so I cannot support it, I apologise.

15) Joci Papai - BOOT - I didn't like either of his attempts, it's not the sort of ethnic sound I dig, at all.

16) Mariya Yeramchuk - TOOT - I mean this is catchy as hell, the attempts to drag this song has made it age well, I don't love her vocals, but overall it's really catchy and I do like it.

17) Hera Bjork - BOOT - This is actually really bad in everyway, like her vocals are bad and dated, the song itself also has aged terribly just icky.

18) Urban Symphony  - TOOT - This was cute, it had a nice instrumental, nothing crazy, just fine.

19) Greta Salome - TOOT - I mean, this is the kind of theatrical I do like, just a solid pop song, that doesn't stop at all really, I prefer the live performance, but still, really strong.

20) zalagasper - BOOT - I HATEEEEEEE this, it's so boring and not in a nice chill way, just shit.

21) Kaliopi - BOOT - Yeah, I did not love it, or even like it, it sounded really strained and yeah, even when it went to rock, I still thought it sounded...desperate.

22) Gaitana - TOOT - Lyrically drivel but she kinda slays the mess she has been given.

23) Lordi - BOOT - I remember 7 year old me being so livid that this won, I appreciate it more now, but my past self would be disgusted in myself for supporting it.
1441 days 11 hours ago
Lemjam6
01) Valentina Monetta - 'Crisalide (Voila)' - Didn’t love the song. Her voice annoyed me and it sounded like church gospel.
-
02) Inga & Anush - 'Jan Jan' - It was crazy and I didn’t really understand the song, but it was kind of fun.
-
03) Ruth Lorenzo - 'Dancing In The Rain' - It was kind of boring, but I did like the song. Kinda uplifting
-
04) Jessica Mauboy - 'We Got Love' - It was very poppy and basic, but it was fun and I enjoyed it.
-
05) Christabelle - 'Taboo' - I really loved this song! I really enjoyed the pace of the song and I loved the lyrics.
-
06) Norma John - 'Blackbird' - It was boring and I didn’t like her facial expressions while she was singing, I was very distracted.
-
07) Margaret Berger - 'I Feed You My Love' - I really liked this song! It wasn’t SPECIAL, but it was fun and she seems like a queen.
-
08) Nadav Guedj  - 'Golden Boy' - It reminds me of a song I’ve heard before and it’s definitely not something I would listen to for enjoyment and it got annoying real fast.
-
09) ZAA Sanja Vucic - 'Shelter (Goodbye)' - I really liked this song. It gave me like a mix of Amy Winehouse and Adele, two queens I love.
-
10) Carola - 'Invincible' - It felt old and it’s not memorable, but it wasn’t bad.
-
11) Eleftheria Eleftheriou - 'Aphrodisiac' - It reminds me of KPOP which I hate, but I can actually understand the words so it’s fun.
-
12) Bonnie Tyler - 'Believe In Me' - Honestly like I stan this queen. I loved this song, definitely something I would listen to.
-
13) Aisel - 'X My Heart' - I loved this song, it was really sweet and the music video was cute as well.
-
14) Silvia Night - 'Congratulations’ - Definitely my least favorite song so far. So dumb and reminded me of some Rupaul flop troll song.
-
15) Joci Papai - 'Origo' - I hated this song, I found the singer’s voice to be annoying.
-
16) Mariya Yeramchuk - 'Tick-Tock' - The lyrics were stupid, but the song was fun and definitely catchy.
-
17) Hera Bjork - 'Je Ne Sais Quoi' - I really thought I was going to like this song because I enjoyed the first 20 seconds, but I grew to hate it and her vocals declined as the song went on.
-
18) Urban Symphony - 'Randajad' - I thought this song was just annoying. Nothing else.
-
19) Greta Salome - 'I Hear Them Calling' - I liked this song a lot! It had a good vibe and I feel like I’ve heard it before.
-
20) zalagasper  - 'Sebi' - I have never listened to a more boring and monotone song in my entire life. And the music video didn’t help it made me feel like I was in the 1800’s.
-
21) Kaliopi - 'Crno I Belo' - I really loved this song at first, but when she started to go to like rock vibe I was no longer a fan. She has a pretty voice, though.
-
22) Gaitana - 'Be My Guest’ - This song was fun. I found her voice somewhat annoying and pitchy, but it was alright.
-
23) Lordi - 'Hard Rock Hallelujah' - Honestly this song was funny and I probably would’ve stanned this king if I was actually watching the show, but I can’t take it seriously.
1441 days 11 hours ago
bibbles
01) Valentina Monetta – sounds like a heart beat, it’s a bit samey!! Even the change bit!     
02) Inga & Anush – not my sort of thing, don’t really enjoying this sort of sound!
03) Ruth Lorenzo – im sure spain is normally a bit more upbeat than this!! I can hear the rain!
04) Jessica Mauboy – its okay, not the best!
05) Christabelle – get on with it! When I see the name, I think of family guy!!
06) Norma John – its quite pretty, but a bit dull, but not a bad listen.
07) Margaret Berger – has a bit of a bond feel  to it, its okay.
08) Nadav Guedj - my fave Israeli song was Boaz, the fire in your eyes, this one was okay.
09) ZAA Sanja Vucic – her voice is okay, its okay, heard worse!!
10) Carola – its was typical euro, its was okay.
11) Eleftheria Eleftheriou – it’s a bit boring!
12) Bonnie Tyler – its bonnie, no need to say anything more!!
13) Aisel – sounds very familiar, wasn’t too bad!
14) Silvia Night – I like that Iceland try to be quirky, but this was a bit teenager in their bedroom with a hairbrush!! Too babyish!! Ooh awkward!
15) Joci Papai – it was okay, I like his voice. Wish he hadn’t rapped!
16) Mariya Yeramchuk – its okay, her voice is not to bad, its listenable!!
17) Hera Bjork – better that the other Iceland song.
18) Urban Symphony – very hypnotic!!
19) Greta Salome – a bit country, it was okay.
20) zalagasper – the tune was nice but her voice was a bit drab!!
21) Kaliopi – her voice was a bit off, and the song was a bit mixed, the second bit was better than the first!
22) Gaitana – didn’t enjoy this the first time, or the second!
23) Lordi - shock horror, but im not actually a lordi fan, when he sings, I want to ask him to cough! (probably not appropriate at the moment!)
1441 days 11 hours ago
Aquamarine
(probably not appropriate at the moment!)
1441 days 10 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
(probably not appropriate at the moment)
1441 days 10 hours ago
LornaHollas
1. Queen of San Marino. Greatest thing since sliced bread. I love this song so much, it gives me life
2. Lol this is such a mess
3. I love ruth so much. This song is stunning
4. This song is so basic
5. Not really a song I go out of my way to listen to but it's alright
6. This is just so pretty
7. I kind of liked it but I don't know how it will hold up against the others
8. Always found this annoying
9. Great voice. I like how it gradually builds to reach that climax
10. A bit dated but still goes off a bit
11. Such a bop and super catchy!
12. The fact the UK sent in Bonnie Tyler is iconic! I love this song so much!
13. I remember listening to this on repeat with my friend while looking for flights to Azerbaijan in memory of it being left in the semis. We also thought of a great way to make money... a bus route from Aberdeen to Azerbaijan
14. Everything about this is iconic! The booing, her being so over confident and feeling herself and the meltdowns. Loves it
15. Never cared for this. Find it quite boring
16. Back in the day when "tick tock" reminded me of this song & Kesha and not an app that makes me want to slit my wrists. I randomly get this stuck in my head and have to listen to it
17. This kind of goes off and I'm living for it
18. It's very dramatic and atmospheric
19. This was robbed! I love this song so much!
20. I really like how chill this sounds
21. I love my Mum
The scream:

22. This is such a bop! I can't help singing "be my guest"
23. The reason I'm into Eurovision. I remember being 10 and being so happy this won!
1441 days 10 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) Valentina Monetta - the bridge is the only interesting part of this song but too little too late
02) Inga & Anush - tbh it was just annoying
03) Ruth Lorenzo - it's cute but not extraordinary. It can stay for now
04) Jessica Mauboy - I got a decent amount of love for this song
05) Christabelle - It has a good foundation but I kept thinking it would go somewhere and then the chorus ended and the verse started up again. I still like it but am a bit let down
06) Norma John - boring
07) Margaret Berger - average but could be better
08) Nadav Guedj - It has elements I really like but something about this seems unpolished. Probably bc it goes all over the place at times lol
09) ZAA Sanja Vucic - Very solid. The kind of power ballad you want in TSC. Not something boring like Norma John
10) Carola - gives me ABBA vibes which I love
11) Eleftheria Eleftheriou - boring but catchy lol but not giving me the edge factor I need
12) Bonnie Tyler - lol what is she doing… this is so average it's sad coming from her
13) Aisel - I'm a fan of this. Slightly basic but empowering!
14) Silvia Night - It's funny and original… it's a good time which I need. I stan the Sanjaya of Eurivision
15) Joci Papai - honestly kinda annoying
16) Mariya Yeramchuk - gives me disney channel vibes
17) Hera Bjork - another standout. I can see this doing really well and it's just fun to listen to
18) Urban Symphony - not really hearing anything special in this
19) Greta Salome - not the best iceland entry in this group but still not terrible
20) zalagasper - xanax next
21) Kaliopi - definitely original… as of now it can stay. Her vocals are slaying me
22) Gaitana - LOL I can't help but laugh at this… like what on earth is this hahaha I love it
23) Lordi - nope fuck off
1441 days 4 hours ago
Insanity
1. Valentina Monetta - You couldn't have at least picked the song that she actually qualified to finals with? Or even SPIRIT OF THE NIGHT which absolutely outsells whatever this is? Anyways don't care for this at all.
2. Inga & Anush - Um... It's got a cute vibe to it. It's definitely very dated by this point, so it's probably not super great that this is the first time I'm listening to this song in 2020... Spoiler alert this will probably be the case for most Eurovision songs from 2013 or earlier so good luck noms.
3. Ruth Lorenzo - It's a very pretty song. It doesn't have a ton of longevity for me, but it's VERY respectable considering Spain usually puts out shit.
4. Jessica Mauboy - I'm so sorry for being this basic, but I can't help but LOVE this song. I nearly put this pretty high on my list when choosing an entry, but I didn't want to be THAT person to submit this basic ass bop, but that's not gonna stop me from pointing this how I'd like to.
5. Christabelle - Not really familiar with this entry despite it being from a recent ESC. Upon first listen, it's got some good energy to it, but there's something about it that's a little off. There's a lot to unpack.
6. Norma John - Reading back at the comments (yes, PLEASE call me out for being one of THOSE people) calling this entry robbed. Like... why? This is pretty boring and VERY dated for 2017. Wasn't feeling this at ALL.
7. Margaret Berger - Never forget one of, if not, THE first contest I ever hosted when someone sent a Margaret Berger song to be right before ESC week this year. There's something really unique to this entry. It won't be my favorite song by the end, but there's something special about it.
8. Nadav Guedj - Why do the verses sound like that Ed Sheeran song "Sing?" Like first of all, EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Admittedly, the chorus is pretty catchy, but the more I break down the composition of the song, the less sense it makes.
9. ZAA Sanja Vucic - I swear to God I was looking for this song in the doc and I never saw it, otherwise it probably would've been on my list I submitted to Tolis. I love this song, it deserved so much better in the grand final. The last chorus truly SHAKES ME to my core like no other, and I usually hate key changes at the end of a song, but this one felt so right.
10. Carola - A song from 2006 I'm listening for the first time in 2020... Yeah not a cute look. Thanks for participating though.
11. Eleftheria Eleftheriou - LMAO this song has no right being as catchy as it is. A trashy, cheap bop that I'm actually REALLY here for. Queen of filming her music video in the middle of a mall.
12. Bonnie Tyler - It's not as bad as some of y'all are making it out to me. Like it's not the greatest song I've heard in my life, but Bonnie did what she had to do here.
13. Aisel - Wait, this is where Luna moon me up comes from? Underwhelming. I dislike this song more now.
14. Silvia Night - Idk who this queen is, but she won this week. This is my first time listening, but expect big irony points coming her way. Go home everyone else.
15. Papai Joci - Really don't care for this. Wasn't invested after the chorus, and definitely wasn't drawn back in when he started rapping. Nope.
16. Mariya Yaremchuk - #2 on my list I sent to Tolis. Such a great pop song. I just hope someone NICE had the honor to send this song in. A classic for me.
17. Hera Bjork - I think I would've enjoyed this more if I had more of a connection to this previously. It's not bad by any means, but I wanted to enjoy it more.
18. Urban Symphony - I didn't care for this at all. Not really into anything about this, if I'm being honest.
19. Greta Salome -
https://i.imgur.com/nxaQpV8.gif

(I didn't make all the edits I could've in this post, but you get the point)
20. zalagasper - The way the m*n interacts with this woman during the m/v and the live performance was always suspicious to me. The song is bad.
21. Kaliopi - I love my North Macedonia mother. The song is rather bland, but the shout before the final chorus is gold.
22. Gaitana - LMAO, a goddamn mess. I totally forgot dubstep was a thing too until it was randomly in the second verse and then never heard throughout the rest of the song? Queen.
23. Lordi - I had absolutely no idea what Tengaged was in 2006 when this won, let alone Tengaged Song Contest, let alone Eurovision Song Contest. So yeah this is some 14 year old rock song I have no personal connection to, you know what that means!
1440 days 20 hours ago
Talian
01) Valentina Monetta : The crescendo is real. I don’t really like this as a whole package tho. I mean... them lyrics are meh and it’s trying to copy too many Italian artists of probably 5 years prior.

02) Inga & Anush : Such an incredible BOP. Inventers of beatdrops. What else do you want?

03) Ruth Lorenzo : She has an amazing voice but this sounds too Disney-esaurito for my taste. Overall it’s nice but it doesn’t really tell me much.

04) Jessica Mauboy : I love this song. Probably if this was entered that year I would have definitely tore this to pieces. But now... after two year I really like it.

05) Christabelle : Such a great production. The song is nice. But also nothing much new. Especially for ESC. But it’s still nice.

06) Norma John : I am not really that much into ballads anymore I am afraid.

07) Margaret Berger : It’s nice. I liked it better than the year it was released. But also I wouldn’t come back to it.

08) Nadav Guedj : This is amazing. I didn’t even remember it. But god if I needed this in this contest. Adorable.

09) ZAA Sanja Vucic : Yes. Mama. Sing. It. To. Me. Such powerful vocals. Definitely my fav female vocals of this whole contest.

10) Carola : Lol it’s  nice and all. But that chorus... girl no.

11) Eleftheria Eleftheriou : There is something about this song. I feel I should hate it but I absolutely adore it. I’m addicted. I feel alive.

12) Bonnie Tyler : Such a classy trainwreck.

13) Aisel : Wait... when did this happen? I have zero recalling of this song to ever appear on ESC. Probably because I really didn’t like it.

14) Silvia Night : Lol those vocals .

15) Joci Papai : Probably one of the very few songs from ESC I regularly go back to listen to  on my own accord. Everything about this says quality to me.

16) Mariya Yeramchuk : It’s nice but it has never impressed me that much.

17) Hera Bjork : Queen. This song has that je ne said quoi that really makes it stand out.

18) Urban Symphony : This is the song equivalent of a circle. It goes round and round but it never reaches a climax or momentum.

19) Greta Salome : So much Iceland in this finale. I have to admit I am never a fan of these dancey tracks mixed with Vikings sonorities.

20) zalagasper : Everybody I stanned this hard last year. And I still do. This is quality.

21) Kaliopi : The vocals. The fucking vocals.

22) Gaitana : There is literally nothing more I want in my life than to be your guest, Gaity. I am free this Friday... hit me up!

23) Lordi : I hated it when it won. It has slowly entered the top 5 of my fav ESC songs ever.
1440 days 18 hours ago
AlanDuncan
01) Valentina Monetta - Wish it Q'd in 2013 but like it doesnt stack up well here
02) Inga & Anush - Shoulda been the live. This MV is a mess.
03) Ruth Lorenzo - Great ballad. One of the best in Eurovision
04) Jessica Mauboy - LMAO Iconic. This gets too much hate but the studio cut is good. The Hanna Ferm impression in the live is kinda spot on though.
05) Christabelle - I like this song too. It is on the basic side of pop but like Demy remains unbothered as the queen of that genre.
06) Norma John - I will say this hasn't aged as well as people say it has.

07) Margaret Berger - A very week year. This stood out. In a better year this would fade. It's nothing amazing. The start and the chorus are better. Don't think she is right voice for this song.
08) Nadav Guedj - I still don't get how this boy is 16 in this video. This slays.
09) ZAA Sanja Vucic - I have always thought this is MOR snoozefest. Sorry Felix.
10) Carola - LMAO that old fucking bitch from Sweden slays.
11) Eleftheria Eleftheriou - This would be better if she wasn't against LaLaLove in Baku. Little 13 year old me thought this snapped and he was right.
12) Bonnie Tyler - I pretend I don't see it.

13) Aisel - Luna moon me up the leader board. I love this. Strong week.
14) Silvia Night - I know it's a meme but like I would struggle to cut one of the 10 white pop girlies in my points for this. Sorry to this man.
15) Joci Papai - I like this but I am feeling to gay today for this. It's good.
16) Mariya Yeramchuk - A white pop girl I dislike? This has never been good.
17) Hera Bjork - MOM. She got that special something and it's a BMI of 42.3 keep slaying the kids and the veggies Hera!
18) Urban Symphony - This is iconic.

19) Greta Salome - I am going to say it. Hold on to your wigs. OVERRATED!
20) zalagaspar - Come through keyboard smash ASMR. I liked the live but the audio overrated.
21) Kaliopi - Overrated. Dona is better. Fight me. 
22) Gaitana - She invented homosexuality. We can be her gays.
23) Lordi - This is easily a top 10 winner of all-time.
1440 days 18 hours ago
DallasAndrew
01) Valentina Monetta - 'Crisalide (Voila)' It certainly has quality, maybe a little oldy, but it is strong and a really pleasant voice, not to mention the best language for singing.
02) Inga & Anush - 'Jan Jan' A song partially catchy that lacks something to make it really impactful. Kinda bland.
03) Ruth Lorenzo - 'Dancing In The Rain' In the semi-final, there was a video with the song, well the live version is much more intense and she is creating a very emotional moment. It's a really good choice to accentuate the song in the final, it could gain a better result that was predicted.
04) Jessica Mauboy - 'We Got Love' Not much of a something, but it is a pretty enjoyable and rythmatic song. I know it will do really good here.
05) Christabelle - 'Taboo' It has a good rythm, however most probably I'll find it in the middle of the pack between the other entries. kinda too repetitive as well.
06) Norma John - 'Blackbird' Never imagined it won't qualify to the final when it participated. It's a really beautiful song.
07) Margaret Berger - 'I Feed You My Love' It was a quite original moment at that time, the movie vibe creates a strong feeling, the instrumental is really good.
08) Nadav Guedj  - 'Golden Boy' Another entry that was quite outstanding when it participated. The final with 3 minutes is always amusing. I'm not a fan of the style though, to be sincere.
09) ZAA Sanja Vucic - 'Shelter (Goodbye)' She's got a strong voice and the song is impactful. Not a great rythm, but a powerful moment anyway.
10) Carola - 'Invincible' A promising start, then it goes a really generic style that doesn't convince me at all.
11) Eleftheria Eleftheriou - 'Aphrodisiac' I'm not a fan of the style, but this is impressively catchy, I've always enjoyed it.
12) Bonnie Tyler - 'Believe In Me' Certainly not the greatest hit of Bonnie Tyler, quite different of what I know from her, but I've enjoyed this song really much when it participated. And I still do it.
13) Aisel - 'X My Heart' Kinda generic, I'm not a fan.
14) Silvia Night - 'Congratulations' The show is interesting, her screams are the only nice vocals she's having there. But I really appreciate the reaction she got, she just did what she wanted beside whatever people were reacting. It's not easy to do that.
15) Joci Papai - 'Origo' A pretty original entry. It flows nicely and the guy's vocal qualities are strong. The rap was inspiring as well.
16) Mariya Yeramchuk - 'Tick-Tock' She's pretty smooth, the song doesn't impress me even though it has some really good elements. But the general vibe is a little generic.
17) Hera Bjork - 'Je Ne Sais Quoi' The rythm is really banal, she's got a nice voice, but that's all.
18) Urban Symphony - 'Randajad' It has a pretty hypnotic vibe mixtured with an attractive rythm. I'm not really moved by the song, but it's a quality entry.
19) Greta Salome - 'I Hear Them Calling' One of the most robbed entries in the history of the Eurovision. The best part is the message, the style is also something I totally enjoy, it has power and the rythm is really enjoyable.
20) zalagasper  - 'Sebi' The vibe is pleasant, but there is nothing truly remarkable in this song.
21) Kaliopi - 'Crno I Belo' The song is great, the transition is genious, but the way she's interpreting is the best part of an already magnificent entry.
22) Gaitana - 'Be My Guest' I remember this being an option to become UEFA Euro 2012 anthem. She's got really strong vocals, I've enjoyed the song, but I didn't become exactly a fan.
23) Lordi - 'Hard Rock Hallelujah' The best saved for the end! Apart of the fact that I'm a fan of the style and of them in general, I think that this is one of the greatest ESC entry ever. They stole it by everything when they won, show, vocals, something different, power, lyrics...
1440 days 18 hours ago
rodrigueseve
01) Valentina Monetta- At last the right Valentina song was selected. Very robbed, I like how it progresses from a ballad to a more upbeat song. Shoulda qualified
02) Inga & Anush- This one is just iconic, it aged quite well for me, ethnic song gone right
03) Ruth Lorenzo- I find this song pretty stunning. Its pretty basic truly and its more of a look im singing the shit out of this song type track. But its pretty nice.
04) Jessica Mauboy- I dont care what y'all say, I like this. Is it basic? yes, but its also catchy and well written as a basic song
05) Christabelle- Ok but the melody is actually pretty alright. Lyrically? Yah let’s not get into it. But I actually thought this deserved a place in the final in 2018, I like the verses specially
06) Norma John- This is really atmospheric and created such a moment on the Eurovision stage... one of my favorite songs of 2017, just so beautiful
07) Margaret Berger- This is that one song I like but don’t love because I guess I wasn’t there for the hype at the time. But I still like it
08) Nadav Guedj- This is a fun song, it didn't age very well but I remember bopping to it back then. 3 minutes, gotta go, bye bye
09) ZAA Sanja Vucic- Ok now this is great. Sanja has incredible vocals and the whole composition and message of this song is simply amazing
10) Carola- Its so funny that both she and Sylvia are in this. I actually really enjoy this it’s pretty dated but it’s pretty good
11) Eleftheria Eleftheriou-  I was a little way too obsessed with this when I got back into ESC. Its iconic tbh but like the song itself is kinda cringe lmao YOU MAKE ME DANCE DANCE LIKE A MANIAC
12) Bonnie Tyler-
13) Aisel- LUNA MOON ME UP. This is a bit Aviccii lite it’s enjoyable but it’s nothing special
14) Silvia Night- I mean this is ironic and funny and messy. BUT THIS IS A SONG CONTEST. So this will only get points if I don’t wanna give points to 10 songs which may not be the case this week
15) Joci Papai- One of my 2017 favs, not even the rap can screw this over when the traditional gypsy like sounds are just so good
16) Mariya Yeramchuk- The revamp of this is so laughable LMAO this is a pretty solid song even if it bothers me that legit EVERY FUCKING WORD RHYMES ON THAT CHORUS
17) Hera Bjork- Had this on my shortlist very early 10s EDM but it’s really fun and Heras vocal performance sells it
18) Urban Symphony- This has such a haunting sound, Estonia really snapped with this orchestra like ethnic song
19) Greta Salome- ROBBED GODDESS. Honestly a queen and the fact she didn't qualify was such a travesty and remains that way to this day. GREAT SALOME DESERVED BETTER
20) zalagasper - One of my favs from last year really atmospheric trap influenced chill song. Really good song to listen to in the dark
21) Kaliopi- When she screamed? I felt that. This is a fantastic rock song and Kaliopis husky voice makes it even better
22) Gaitana- Hard hitting pop song, slightly annoying and grating at parts, but overall thoroughly enjoyable
23) Lordi- This is iconic, no doubt about it. While this isn't my style at ALL I can appreciate it specially how it WON
1440 days 17 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Valentina Monetta - The buildup is definitely worth the wait. Probably the best song Valentina has ever competed with, though that's not exactly hard to crack. Nice pick, though.
2. Inga & Anush - What a mess LOL. I definitely enjoy the ethnic vibes in this, but as a whole it is quite a lot to take in, probably a bit too much for my liking.
3. Ruth Lorenzo - I was initially taken aback by the fact that the studio version was used for this, so good job to whoever entered it for changing that. Unfortunately, the song still stays as more of a showcase of vocal abilities rather than actual music. When the only thing I can compliment is the vocal skill, you know the song isn't good.
4. Jessica Mauboy -  Extremely manufactured which is probably the biggest problem with this song. At parts it reminds me of that cheesy Bruno Mars tune "Just The Way You Are," even the chord progression is extremely similar. However, in the context of theme I do feel like it holds up pretty well.
5. Christabelle - Some of the lyrical content in "Taboo" is hysterically abysmal, but I do appreciate the production values put into this. The chorus leaves a lot to be desired, but overall this is pretty good.
6. Norma John - Not usually into Eurovision ballads, but for some reason this REALLY does it for me. Such a gorgeous song.
7. Margaret Berger - She really is refusing to put this song on Spotify. Smh Margaret. Pretty solid all-around.
8. Nadav Guedj - Never got into this, I just find this rather cheesy to be quite honest with you.
9. ZAA Sanja Vucic - Definitely quite low-key in terms of 2016 ESC, I can definitely see why this was not used back then. This is pretty decent throughout, nice pick.
10. Carola - I didn't have much opinion about the song itself so I am just gonna paste something from Carola's wikipedia page. She said, "I actually invited gays [...] to my 25-year anniversary [concert], but they turned it down. What can I do? I love all people. I love the gays. So I am definitely not homophobic in any way. We are here for the music and I have no wacky opinions. And I feel love from many homosexuals too."
11. Eleftheria Eleftheriou - Definitely didn't age well...I don't really mind this, but I wouldn't really return to listening to her either.
12. Bonnie Tyler - Who let this qualify LOL. Not much of a song I'm afraid, the chorus reminds me of "Believe" by Cher if it was written by someone who has a thin grasp of melodic ability.
13. Aisel - LUNA MOON ME UP BABY! The only way this is gonna score points from me is for ironic reasons, because the song is actually a great representation of what mediocrity is. I do despite how annoyingly catchy this is, though.
14. Silvia Night - THE BOOS LMAOOOOOO. One of the best Eurovision trolls of all time. Not much of a song, of course, but the pure ironic factor here is taking over.
15. Joci Papai - Probably the most ethnic out of all entries in this contest. Quite polarising, but I do admit I have always really enjoyed this song. The rap is pretty acceptable, though I could have done without it.
16. Mariya Yeramchuk - Always found this quite nice, not sure if it aged that well. Definitely not bad.
17. Hera Bjork - Can't deny that this is kinda iconic. I would never willingly listen to this, though I do appreciate the energy she's giving. Decent pick.
18. Urban Symphony - Should be a contender for a good result on Sunday. I can definitely hear the appeal, but for some reason I don't associate much of the nostalgia factor with this song. It's alright.
19. Greta Salome - Well, didn't get it in the draw...This is a great song. Surprised it wasn't used before.
20. zalagasper - Last year, it took very long for this song to grow on me, but when it did, it's become one of my most-played Eurovision entries of 2019. This does the subtle ambient sound so right.
21. Kaliopi - THAT SHRIEK NEAR THE END. This is good, definitely not my favourite song from this contest, but it should score some points from me.
22. Gaitana - LMAO, I completely forgot about the existence of this song. It's not good by any means, but I do ironically enjoy it a bit.
23. Lordi - Definitely one of the most memorable winners for its sheer novelty, but I can definitely accept this gimmick. While I was never fully into this song, I can respect it for what it is trying to archive.
1440 days 17 hours ago
Lachie227
1)        Valentina Monetta – Her vocals are nice and impressive, but my lord am I bored.
2)        Inga & Anush – Loving the cultural influence and liking her vocals. This song definitely captures my attention
3)        Ruth Lorenzo – I like the piano melody and her vocals but im very sleepy listening to it. Don’t hate the chorus
4)        Jessica Mauboy – This is kinda basic pop but love my girl Jess
5)        Christabelle – This is a pleasant enough song, nothing particularly wrong but nothing great either.
6)        Norma John – Another beautiful vocals, boring song type situation.
7)        Margaret Berger – Oooh I really like the production, something a little different. But the chorus whilst good isn’t fantastic
8)        Nadav Guedj – Hated the opening of the song but the rest of the songs rings of a an early 00’s jam I like it
9)        Zaa Sanja Vucic – Idk this song isn’t bad but it’s kinda boring, almost fell asleep
10)        Carola – The up-tempo beat of the chorus definitely saved the song from being a drag, but otherwise good
11)        Eleftheria Eleftheriou – Really like this one, feels like 00s pop jam and has a good groove.
12)        Bonnie Tyler – WELL it’s no Total Eclipse of the Heart but I still really like it! Shania Twain vibes
13)        Aisel X – Another pleasant listen, has a lovely flow to the song. Can’t really complain about it!
14)        Silvia Night – This feel like a deep Britney Spears cut but kinda shit? Can’t tell if I hate it or not
15)        Joci Papai – Another boring song sorry not for me. Even the introduction of the violin can’t save the song.
16)        Mariya Yeramchuk – I really like this one! Not sure why but I get a lot of 00’s vibes from these songs and I ain’t complaining
17)        Hera Bjork – This TSC was missing a dance entry and this definitely made up for it!
18)        Urban Symphony – I like the violins at the start and like the overall projection of the song. A good entry
19)        Greta Salome – I can’t deny, I love the chorus, but the verses leave a little to be desired
20)        Zalagasper – I do like the minimalist tone of the song with the simple beat, but the vocals are kinda dreary, and I can’t decide if it fits the song or if I don’t like it
21)        When the song breakdown into it’s rock rhythm, it absolutely gets more interesting but the first minute is dire and it’s gonna be hard to get points.
22)        Gaitana – This song is a bit a jam, really like her vocals too. Great entry
23)        Lordi – I wanna vote for this because its something different but lol fuck heavy metal like this

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!