This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 381 Final

Topic » TSC 381 Final

1597 days 21 hours ago
PoohSnap
01) MAX- This was okay. I think I wanted to like it because he’s so hot. And I usually like MAX. But wtf was that ending? i.e., it didn’t have one.
02) CXLOE- This was catchy and it had a cool chorus— a little tepid but overall it fused together well.
03) La Lana- I’m partial to anyone named “Lana” b/c Lana Del Rey. Okay, lots of solid momentum! …the chorus is not where I expected it to go. Hmm, yeah. The verses are superior to the chorus, as in I love them but don’t like the chorus. Really like her voice otherwise. Chorus kind of grew on me but it was still pretty jarring. Edit: It gets better with a relisten.
04) The Amity Affliction- Dramaaaa. Uhhhh the chorus was decent.
05) Lisa Ajax- It had a karaoke-like background and production, but she has an amazing voice and it got way better as it progressed. I think it could have done even better with higher qual production, though. Again, like MAX, the ending was… not an ending.
06) Labrinth- I have lots of admiration for him as an artist. I don’t think i’ve heard this, but it really gripped me by the pre chorus. And it got even better from there. It did kind of plateau like some of his songs… but in general, it’s a great entry, with lots of dynamic shifts and talent.
07) Emily Blue- This was one gigantic POP OFF.
08) MADARA- A song with lots of heart. And amazing strings. There were moments where I was falling out of it, but it pulled me back in frequently with it’s lovely chorus.
09) DORA- Cool, but a little too cool.
10) 2Mashi- It bored me and felt really empty. It was just noise.
11) We The Ghost- I thought this was decent— it progressed well, but it, too, didn’t hit a peak that it could’ve hit.
12) Madison Beer- It was a soft pop off. But I’m not listening to it again; it didn’t seem that interesting melodically. But produced well enough.
13) Doja Cat- Yeah, actually it’s a good, fun song that accomplishes what it intends to. I like.
14) Oscar Enestad- I kinda liked it :) it was a lukewarm like but it had a darkness to it that was interesting.
15) EVERGLOW- Injected much needed energy into this contest! I really liked this more than most kpop (I usually just don’t like the genre at all) but… I did. Yah.
16) COY- Hmmm this is really neat. It was a pleasant surprise :)))
17) Helly Luv- It was okay. I liked it in a fun way but it also came across as basic.
18) Courtney Act- Too sappy for me to love, but it’s cute and I like the anthemic production.
19) Spencer Sutherland- Yes. This is the first completely great song I’ve heard in this contest, where I could just sit back and enjoy. TY for submitting!
20) Samantha Harvey- Okay, another great entry! This ISN’T something I’m usually gonna lean into, but it’s pop done right— all about synthy, dynamic sounds and a lovely voice.
21) Camden Cox- It showed lots of promise at the start. She has a cool mysterious vibe. But I think she doesn’t capitalize fully on that. It becomes background music. Like, yah, I get it. She’s healing (x20).
22) Ella Eyre- She has an amazing tone to her voice. This is and okay song lyric-wise, production-wise, and melody-wise, but she’s great so it elevates it an otherwise lukewarm song by a lot.
23) Sonya- I can’t ever get into this type of music… i.e., very produced ballads. But I think this had lots of power and soul to it that makes these types of songs their best possible way.
24) BTS- Isn’t BTS an internationally-acclaimed top-tier Kpop group? This sounds like something I’d hear from high school dropout Soundcloud, quality-wise.
25) Allie X- Dark, haunting, loud shrill voice, soothing but chaotic.
26) Julie Bergan- I like this :) Nordic <3 a powerbop <3 and dance anthem with a solid voice
1597 days 14 hours ago
Aquamarine
https://media3.giphy.com/media/tgcRkXozbnAOY/giphy.gif

01) MAX
Number of Times Submitted: 4, 1 win.
I mean the song itself is pretty inoffensive. Max feels very one note to me a lot of the time. lol wtf I've submitted Max before excuse me.

02) CXLOE
Number of Times Submitted: 3
I like the vibe of this song a lot. Judging by the fact that a different person has sent her every time in the last 58 contests, she seems relatively popular recently.

03) La Lana
Number of Times Submitted: 0
This really sounds like something off of an Ariana Grande sang by an inferior performer. It's not bad nonetheless, and a new artist! :)

04) The Amity Affliction
I WONDER WHO COULD HAVE SUBMITTED THIS :) :) :) :) :)

05) Lisa Ajax
Number of Times Submitted: 2
You know my stance on Eurovision artists/participants but I don't hate this so I'm very conflicted. You could say I am torn...

06) Labrinth
Number of Times Submitted: 2
Placing 10th both times he's been sent prior, all since 357. Labrinth's style really isnt for me. I don't know that I've ever pointed anything with him.

07) Emily Blue
This sounds like something an early 00s/late 90s singer would make, but its somehow weirder and not as good. Something about this really is grating but also a bop. I AM VERY CONFUSED HOW TO FEEL AGAIN.

08) MADARA
Number of Times Submitted: 1, 1 win.
What in the absolute fuck is this how was she a winner no get out of here with this

09) DORA
I like her voice and my god shes so young what the fuck. I wanted the song to do a little more, but I was really feeling it anyways.

10) 2Mashi
This was just a lot of noise for me. I really don't stan the whole Russian thing either.

11) We The Ghost
I feel like this could be a Zee submission but I can't be sure. It's really not my vibe and its a male artist, but still better that a few songs so far.

12) Madison Beer
Good for everyone sesnding some new-ish artists. This isn't K/DA! What's with this whole gamer girl vibe she's going for? Yeah this will clearly do well. It's a good song.

13) Doja Cat
Number of Times Submitted: 1
Ok this fucking slaps. That's it. That's the comment.

14) Oscar Enestad
Number of Times Submitted: 1
This literally goes nowhere and on top of that it's another Eurovision reject probably with good reason. This is so bad.

15) EVERGLOW
Number of Times Submitted: 2, 1 win.
This is getting nothing from me because of the back-to-back entry. I won't even entertain it. Annoying if other people do.

16) COY
There was something missing from this, but I really enjoyed it. I liked the backing music more than I liked the actual vocal/lyrics.

17) Helly Luv
Number of Times Submitted: 3, 1 win.
Wow I wonder who submitted this. Progressively worse finishes from Helly. This was better than the last two assuredly because I didn't dislike this one.

18) Courtney Act
This might be an unpopular opinion but I don't think Courtney can sing...like at all. Live, she's not good at all. This is very mediocre. Like. Bad.

19) Spencer Sutherland
Ok is this the bibbles or Zee submission because I can't imagine any of the upcoming ones are any of them...I suppose BTS could be bibbles. Point is this is bad for me.

20) Samantha Harvey
Seems like someone I should stan because this is just so basic. I don't know where to put this from 0-12. I really do enjoy it lol.

21) Camden Cox
Put this in the category of borderline whisper music. It really doesn't do it for me. Very mediocre.

22) Ella Eyre
Number of Times Submitted: 6, 1 win.
Given that this is the current leader for number of times submitted, it won't be getting points from me. I feel like Ella Eyre is a TSC staple but outside of it I've never heard of her.

23) Sonya
WHO LISTENS TO THIS AND THINKS YUP THIS IS THE ONE
No. Keep It.

24) BTS
Number of Times Submitted: 3
BTS fans are bar-none the most toxic group of people I have ever witnessed on the internet. Congratulations Beyhive, your crown has been stolen. This isn't even a good song.

25) Allie X
Number of Times Submitted: 10, 1 win.
Congrats Ella, you may be back in the running because this is now the song assuredly getting nothing from me because of it being the most entered artist.

26) Julie Bergan
Number of Times Submitted: 5
I already know this song as it has two artists I really do enjoy. It's certainly not either of their best though. It's whatever. It's decent.
1595 days 21 hours ago
iAyeEye
1 – This is one of my most-listened tracks since it came out. I love MAX, I love Chromeo, and I hate that someone entered this before I did (although it seems not everyone is as mad on it as I am, so maybe I got away with one)

2 – It's like someone got Imogen Heep pissed and not in a good way. Not for me at all.

3 – Why have I heard this before? Has it been used on an advert or something? I like the verses but the choruses are really lazy. Like, she can clearly sing, so why doesn't she nail a better chorus? Verses might get it low points if it's a bad week.

4 – For all my joking about submitting death metal, I can't stop laughing that someone has. Oh OK, it's not death metal, cos he sings at some point. It's more post-hardcore. It's a little too screamy for me in the verses, but the clean singer has a really good voice, and I don't hate it.

5 – This has a really beautiful opening. Please don't go wrong... please don't go wrong... hasn't yet. Wow she has a good voice. Please don't get crap... oh my. It actually didn't. That was really good.

6 – This feels very disjointed, but I also sort of like it. It's like someone took bits of all the songs that hadn't quite made the cut and fused them together into some drug trip of a song. I only ever listen once, and I feel like if I listened multiple times, I'd either get bored, or I'd love it more.

7 – This feels like someone has remastered a track from about 1997 and I'm enjoying it. The chorus is a little weaker than I'd like, but definitely potential points. I know this contest will fall downhill for me at some point, but having 6 out of 7 songs which I can find some merit in might be unheard of.

8 – Yeah... no.

9 – This is... I mean it doesn't offend me, but this is feeling (at least for my tastes) like a strong contest, so inoffensive probably isn't gonna get points. Also again, the chorus is so much weaker. Have I missed the memo where verses are now meant to be better.

10 – See #8

11 – Musically, this is very up my alley. There's a bit of a lack of vocal dynamism, his high notes are a bit flat as well. Probably a rare song where the musical aspect will earn it points rather than the vocal.

12 – This is very 2000s girlband, but again I don't mind it. Am I just in a really good mood today?

13 – Well if I was in a good mood, then this has somewhat depleted it. I'm assuming this is meant to be our novelty contribution for the week? Cos if this has been entered as a serious entry, someone needs their ears testing.

14 – This guy's higher register is really good. Weak verses but a good chorus. Lyrically enjoyable though. Pretty good overall.

15 – You just can't let me have a contest without slipping in a few songs which make cholera look like a preferable option, can you?!

16 – This isn't bad. I feel like it doesn't do justice to her voice, and it isn't the most interesting entry musically, but it has some neat elements. I enjoyed it more as it went on actually.

17 – Helly Luv? Helly no.

18 - *tries not to have preconceptions about the song given the artist* - OK, the chorus isn't terrible musically, but the vocal isn't very good, and the verses are horrific. Still actually not as bad as I was expecting though.

19 – Really surprised to find a song by an X Factor reject this enjoyable, but it's a tune. The overlaying of voices to make it sound gospel in the choruses is particularly neat.

20 – Not really my normal thing, but this is very catchy. Like, there will be songs I liked much much more, but this feels like the sort of thing I could be humming days after wondering what the fuck it is. Hard to score, but I think I might have to give it a decent number, cos I'm dancing away.

21 – Feels like how every song sounds near the end of a club night when they're trying to calm it down a little and once you're too drunk to really be processing the music any more. Not for me.

22 – I recently saw an article discussing how Ella Eyre had come back after a long time away from the music scene. I'm wondering whether this might have been avoided if she hadn't been given such publicity, cos this is fucking dogshit.

23 – Yeah, this contest was definitely top heavy. I mean this isn't like terrible, but I think we all know this is never gonna be my kind of thing.

24 – This is less a black swan and more an ugly duckling. Which I accidentally mistyped as fuckling. That gave me more enjoyment than the song itself.

25 – Yeah, this is alright. Won't be troubling my top scores, but will likely get some points.

26 – The only way I would kiss this song would be in the Glasgow tradition.
1595 days 21 hours ago
Talian
01) MAX : This kinda serves. The beat is cool. His voice is stellar as use. But I can’t say this feels like has any sort of personality. It feels like a Justin Timberlake reject. With that having said. I like it.

02) CXLOE : I totally didn’t expect this from her. The chorus really goes there. Loving the contrast between the more tame verses and the bass-heavy chorus.

03) La Lana : I can’t really put my finger on it. But this feels like another more mainstream female artist almost to the tea. Like I have the feeling I already listened to this kind of song with the same vocals. I can’t say this is bad. The chorus is nice. But overall this doesn’t really appeal to me. I wanted something more refreshing and new for the first contest of the year.

04) The Amity Affliction : Is this anything new? Nope. Does it stand out in this kind of contests? Of course. This was just a very needed breath of fresh air. It totally is a mix of LP and Slipknot but you know I am a sucker for this kind of vocal duality (get it?).

05) Lisa Ajax : This sounds fine. The lyrics are fine. The vocals are fine. The progression is fine. But this really suffers from being a series of musical tropes one after the other. The lyrics. The vocals. The progression. While it all sounds fine. It is also very expected. If this wasn’t the first contest of the year, I think I could have enjoyed it more. But I qxpected more.

06) Labrinth : Dad. Fuck this is everything. The dynamism. The bass. The vocals. And fuuuuck thy guitar solo is orgasmic. Every minute of this song doesn’t sound like the one before. And I am so in for it.

07) Emily Blue : I am sorry. I don’t want to be the usual predictable fuck. I promise I come into each song with fresh ears and new eyes. But as soon as a female singer sings upon her breath it kinda kills my fuzz. Plus that keyboard-y thing at the end of the chorus really irritates me.

08) MADARA : I feel that with a foreign song you need to be extra careful because there is nothing to grasp upon if not the melody of the song as we don’t know what she’s talking about. And for how much this was the right amount of bucolic, this was very bond as well. Nothing made me want to go back to this again. Even tho I had to to write my comments after I listened to all songs just on Spotify.

09) DORA : She has a nice voice. The English/Spanish lyrics work wonders for someone who’s named Dora and actually comes from Spain? But the song is definitely for me. A for effort. But it’s very immature for me and I am not the target for this kind of songs. Also fun fact : in the Italian version of Dora the explorer she teaches kids English and not Spanish. Which took me a while to understand why as the whole cartoon is art in South America.

10) 2Mashi : Yes Mama, we are all dancing. This is that bitch. This is exactly what I meant on #8’s comment. This is how you submit a foreign song. This is fucking everything. The right mix of tradition and electro. I am fucking so hard with this.

11) We The Ghost : Once again, this is fine. A pleasant listen. Not many relevant complaints. But this lacks a capacity of popping off. I will definitely remember this but probably not for all the right reasons.

12) Madison Beer : Listening this without that cheap ass video distracting makes it 1000x better. But this is not exactly anything that I would listen to in my spare time. Yes. It’s fine. But just like any of her songs, very underwhelming. Probably needed more climax.

13) Doja Cat : Does this pop off? Of fucking course. Problem? She’s Cardi B trying to rap like Nicki Minaj. This is an unoriginal fest. But still goes off.

14) Oscar Enestad : This doesn’t really have a shape. I like the chorus but it doesn’t really add anything to the overall experience. This overall feels one-paced. I did enjoy it. But I can’t find anything memorable about it.

15) EVERGLOW : This looks like they’re trying to change the ingredients but trying the same recipe as “Adios”. But while “Adios” is one of the best KPop of the last decade just by its originality, this just feels like an usual KPop song. Nice. But doesn’t stand out.

16) COY : Was I going around my house dancing like a 13 year old girl who just discovered Justin Timberlake in 2002? Of course. But other than that, I can’t say this was one of my fav songs. Definitely easy on the ear, but also nothing really stands out too much.

17) Helly Luv : I’m a bitch. I’m a boss. Wait... are those two different songs?

18) Courtney Act : Literally anything was better than that whatever Australia ended up sending to ESC last year. And we stan the queen of never going back to RPDR while still being the main wig supplier for RuPaul on his race. And this is extremely catchy, this transcends the “stigma” of drag music. But it’s still a pretty basic dance song. But probably the best of the contest.

19) Spencer Sutherland : You know I am strong supporter of white male straight rights on TSC but this is just not it, sis. And I promise, I have a lot of male white straight friends. But if they need to do this kind of things in front of my kids... or my salad...

20) Samantha Harvey : I mean, the bass drop is fine on the bridge. But what comes before and after is just not for me. I mean... I totally get the appeal. But I feel I’ve heard those a million times before exactly like here...

21) Camden Cox : For how much I like this more chilled back kinda dance and finds that’s exactly what makes this song appealing. It wasn’t exactly anything too exciting for me. Nice. But not exactly my tea.

22) Ella Eyre : You know I love myself some Ella Eyre. But this song is not it.

23) Sonya : Fuuuck. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck. Sis knows where to go. And she goes there in full force. Those vocals. I mean.... THOSE VOCALS! Absolutely stunning!!!

24) BTS : Isn’t it time for them to drop that “T”?

25) Allie X : This felt like an exciting listen from the get go. But this doesn’t ever catch up or slow down. It’s constantly there. So in almost 3 minutes this goes from exciting, to nice, to “ok thanks”.

26) Julie Bergan : Loo I’ve heard this song a million times. But not for the reasons you would thing. Everytime I saw a person talk about her I would search on YouTube because I kept forgetting I already listened to this. In fact, I listened to this whole contest 3 times before making comments and I keep forgetting this is even here.
1595 days 2 hours ago
Eoin
01) MAX - TOOT - Yeah, this is a really solid start to the contest, vintage but cool. Nice vocals, not really a stand out but something I really admire. Kind of reminds me of a modern Jonas Brothers song.

02) CXLOE - TOOT - I prefer the previous CXLOE song, but this is a really solid song but its kinda over calculated a bit. Like it sounds like its made to sound cool and it doesn't really sound like a song I want to listen to over and over again.

03) La Lana - BOOT - First time? Could have fooled me, I feel like this sort of song is here every week and this is a song I just won't remember.

04) The Amity Affliction - BOOT - I-

05) Lisa Ajax - BOOT - I have absolutely nothing positive or negative to say about this song.

06) Labrinth - TOOT - High art mawma, but the type I feel that I could listen to over and over again. A super solid song which is really different and powerful. Not just a cookie cutter song.

07) Emily Blue - BOOT - This should have entertained me, but I kinda found it boring. Usually I stan these camp ass songs but even with the clap breakdowns, this just bored me, sorry.

08) MADARA - TOOT - Well, I actually liked it. Relaxing and different, transported me to a different place. I'll hardly listen to it on repeat, but it was nice for what it was.

09) DORA - BOOT - I just didn't love it. I kinda never felt it hit where I wanted it to so it just felt very lacklustre to me.

10) 2Mashi - TOOT - It's the second coming of the CarakulySisters, I fucking love this batshit mess.

11) We The Ghost - BOOT - I don't think the instrumental works, I think they're trying to be a different rock band, and it just comes across as off putting.

12) Madison Beer - BOOT - Eh, people might stan based on name but the entry itself is nothing extraordinary.

13) Doja Cat - TOOT - Werk it bitch. The chorus could be better, but it reminds me of something that would have been in the Pink Print era of Nicki Minaj, so yeah, solid entry.

14) Oscar Enestad - TOOT - I can't believe that this was not an intentional sample of the Stranger Things intro. Anyway, the verses definitely outsell the chorus, but I still liked it.

15) EVERGLOW - BOOT - Everglow is Serena. I am Alyssa -

16) COY - TOOT - Yeah, this was a nice song, again relays a bit on a cookie cutter formula, but still a nice listen.

17) Helly Luv - BOOT - Honestly, boy bye, this was just a bit too irritating on me to stan. Sorry about it.

18) Courtney Act - TOOT - Haha, I really loved the studio version of this, this is probably going to do crazy well with me. Why did like the entire top 5 of the 2019 Australia Decides outsell every single song in the 2020 edition.

19) Spencer Sutherland - BOOT - He has the potential to make a great pop song, but this, this is not that.

20) Samantha Harvey - TOOT - Out of the countless female cutsie pop songs tonight, this one may be my favourite. Solid song with nice vocals.

21) Camden Cox - BOOT - Sometimes I like relaxing electronic music, but this wasn't one of those times, I just never really got into it.

22) Ella Eyre - BOOT - Her worst song yet, I find it so annoying. We were all rooting for you Miss Eyre.

23) Sonya - BOOT - Who the hell really cares?

24) BTS - BOOT - Wow this is their worst song i've heard, that's honestly an achievement.

25) Allie X - TOOT - This is fine, I don't love it or hate it but it will be getting a point from Eoin just based on the fact that I hate Johnny's stupid logic.

26) Julie Bergan - BOOT - I really feel like this is the seventh time i've heard this song in this contest, like I just have nothing else to say about it. They've all meshed together at this point.
1594 days 13 hours ago
Patrick319
01) MAX - So, this is the first TSC song of the decade. Despite being a fan of both MAX and especially Chromeo, this is super disappointing. It sounds basic and one-note. I'm far from impressed.
02) CXLOE - This is definitely one of my favourite songs from 2019. It feels like a toned up version of Charlotte Lawrence's winning entry from last year. CXLOE has yet to disappoint me. Everything about this appeals to me, and I regret not sending it last year so yeah congrats Brave or whoever on your win.
03) La Lana - This sounds like something that would get 6th in Deltavling 1 of Melodifestivalen. The production is slick, but the song feels empty until the chorus. The pre-chorus is also quite good. I feel like this girl is capable of greater things, but this felt like a decent introduction to her.
04) The Amity Affliction - Hey, Johnny. I'm not convinced this shit will even appeal to bibbles. I'm fucking cackling.
05) Lisa Ajax - LMAO who did this? Starting the year out with a year old Melodifestivalen entry sounds like a very Alan Duncan thing to do. But yeah, I like this. It's not groundbreaking but it's a strong ballad with great progression. The live performance was a different story but I'm judging a studio version not a live performance so HELLO SOMEBODY.
06) Labrinth - I'm not sure I've heard a bad Labrinth song be entered. This would easily win TSC in 2015 or 2016 but I'm not so sure the current group of faggots will pay this any mind. They absolutely should, though. This is strong in every sense of the word - vocally, instrumentally, lyrically. Powerful.
07) Emily Blue - This has a cute indie vibe going on. Some of the repetitious bits are grating, but they add character. I like this.
08) MADARA - This is such a good troll that I'm inclined to throw a pity point your way.
09) DORA - I was expecting this to sound a lot more juvenile but nope, the kids are all grown up I guess. It's fine, albeit unremarkable. The Spanish bit in the chorus is the most interesting thing about it.
10) 2Mashi - I wish we had more of this energy at Eurovision. It sounds a bit all over the place, but I dig the overall vibe. It's VERY Eastern European in the best way possible. I'm relieved the second verse mixed things up. The chorus is great, and I could even see it growing on me over time.
11) We The Ghost - This is surprisingly decent. I appreciate how fast paced it is because otherwise I would have been bored before the first chorus. Interesting choice.
12) Madison Beer - I don't understand why she had to play the piano for a whole minute. This is nice, but not one of my favourites.
13) Doja Cat - I don't recall enjoying her last TSC entry, but I'm LOVING this. It's edgy, sultry, and scandalous. One of the biggest pleasant surprises yet.
14) Oscar Enestad - Oh, this is right up my alley, isn't it? I'm also getting major Halloween vibes. I thought his Melodifestivalen entry was good but this snaps. The verses are so strong, and the chorus actually delivers. I actually wish it was longer. LOVED this.
15) EVERGLOW - Are we running out of song titles? I don't think this is as strong as Adios, but I'm still drawn to it. The whole package feels more hip-hop adjacent. I could see this growing on me over time.
16) COY - Who gave miss COY permission to snap that hard? This is amazing. It's constantly moving in a new direction as well. I did NOT see this coming at all. THE LAST 30 SECONDS!! Excellence. This is the newest biggest pleasant surprise for me.
17) Helly Luv - The fifth song in a row that I really like, oh boy. Helly has personally never disappointed, and this delivers. Not as good as Revolution, but it's filled with enough sass to keep me engaged. The ethno bridge is serving Qele Qele realness holy shit I am BALD.
18) Courtney Act - Ngl this killed all momentum this contest had going. It's fine, but really? Smh.
19) Spencer Sutherland - I enjoyed his vibe on X Factor, but this is pretty unremarkable. The chorus is cool, but if I heard this on the radio I wouldn't think twice about it.
20) Samantha Harvey - The start was a bit dull but it built well. The chorus has a super cute 80's synth vibe. I can't be bothered for the lyrical content, but I do like this as a whole package. It's cute, refreshing, and summery. Another pleasant surprise.
21) Camden Cox - This took a little while to get going, but I'm thoroughly into it once it does. Her angelic vocal is well paired with the instrumentation. This week is going to be tough for me to judge.
22) Ella Eyre - Considered sending this but ultimately backed out for thinking it felt half-baked. To be fair, it's grown on me a lot since then. Not Ella's best, but still quite good.
23) Sonya - Not sure if I'm digging Sonya's ballad in this week's lineup, but it sure sounds like SHE'S feeling it.
24) BTS - Not a fan of the mumbling vocal during the first verse. The chorus is nothing special either. MEH.
25) Allie X - She knows the devil CXLOE doesn't. I'm OK with Allie being indicted into the TSC Hall of Fame mostly because I think this would be an extremely strong finish for her. One of the best I've heard from Allie in a while. The chorus is smashing.
26) Julie Bergan - Not Julie serving another iconic pop banger with a drop that is out of this world. She's an icon, she's a legend, and she IS the moment.
1594 days 9 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) MAX – Hate the whistling. Meh it’s an ok start to the year. I’ve just finished it and I can only really remember the 1,2,3 checklist bit :p

02) CXLOE – This is right up my taste range. Fantastic vocal, dark and beautiful. Stunning. I could see this definitely getting top 10 and hopefully top 5. Well done you. :)

03) La Lana – Strong, very Dua mixed with a Justin Bieber song. I love the build to the chorus and the chorus itself. I like this.

04) The Amity Affliction - Not for me. At least the singing brought it up to a more mild enjoyment. I actually ended up listening to this in full so yay for that. Normally that is what I always do, but I got very close to turning it off during the screamo part :p

05) Lisa Ajax – vocal is ok. It’s a little bit dated. A dated ballad. Thank god for the chorus, it was one of the only things that saved it haha.

06) Labrinth – Fantastic vocal. I loved this from start to finish, old school mixed with new school. I have no real complaints tbh. New and fresh.

07) Emily Blue – First impression was that I thought it was gonna be a troll entry, it then actually started and it was pretty enjoyable. It isn’t amazing, but it isn’t awful. What was awful was that diseased noise in the chorus. :p

08) MADARA – I don’t know what it is about her music but something just doesn’t agree with me about it. Like my stomach starts to feel queasy and my head starts to hurt. I know I sound dramatic but I just do, I don’t get it. However this chorus was so gorgeous that I think it is something that I overall enjoyed.

09) DORA – 2004 geezus Christ. Well she’s a future star, let’s just say that. Really strong, strong verses, strong chorus. It has a rooted Spanish flavour and just is a joy to listen to.

10) 2Mashi – I love what this group represent. What Russia should be in 2020 and unfortunately that isn’t what the reality is. Really great and I hope Alicia enter them in ESCT. :D

11) We The Ghost – Personally not for me. A bit twee, a bit bleh, not gonna make a dent in this contest for me.

12) Madison Beer – This is fine, I think it’s trying to be dark and mysterious, but really you only get that from the video. It’s fine. It’s strong

13) Doja Cat – It’s catchy tbh, I was bopping my head from side to side. It’s not something I’m going to listen to over and over again, but as a one time listen it’s not bad.

14) Oscar Enestad – Strong vocal. This was interesting, I thought I was gonna hate it, but I didn’t. :p Dark, I just wish the chorus was slightly stronger.

15) EVERGLOW – It’s fine. The dun dun part was the best part for me. I think it may squeak into my top 10 but today seems like a strong contest.

16) COY – Love the electro vibes, I think it’s really good. I wish it stayed at the same vibe as it presented in the first minute, the chorus sounded a little disjointed. But it’s strong and the verses in particular are alluring.

17) Helly Luv – Strong. Revolution grated after a while for me, but this strong, real strong. Catchy and and memorable. A pleasant surprise for sure.

18) Courtney Act – I’m susprised that she was never entered. The build to the chorus is strong and enjoyable and the chorus is good too. Keeping me awake late into this contest.

19) Spencer Sutherland – I can’t imagine him in the X Factor. Not really feeling this tbh, the chorus is repetitive and not enjoyable.

20) Samantha Harvey – It’s cute, the video was more interesting than the song though lol :p It’s not going to be something I return to either as it’s not the most enjoyable for me.

21) Camden Cox – I like this, strong vocal and beats. Really good, a late surprise in this contest.

22) Ella Eyre – she’s getting close to the ‘TSC Hall of Fame’ haha, strong vocal as usual, but this isn’t my favourite here.

23) Sonya – I was hoping for 80s Sonya :p I don’t even really like her vocal, so this was the elephant dart of the contest for me.

24) BTS – This is fine. There fans were really rude about Twickenham stadium. :p Apparently it isn’t good enough for BTS even though Gaga and Madonna has played there. :p There isn’t much more I can say for this, I kinda expected more.

25) Allie X – Welcome to the ‘TSC Hall of Fame’ Allie X. This was a little bleugh tbh and the video was just like…okay work. At points it sounded magical though.

26) Julie Bergan – Really strong finish. Strong vocal, strong build, strong chorus. Enjoyable. I could see this being the surprise winner. It’s not my personal favourite byt it’s really strong. :)
1594 days 6 hours ago
bibbles
01) MAX – I quite like chromeo, this was okay.
02) CXLOE – dreary singing, think the swearing has been blanked out!
03) La Lana – quite standard, same old stuff, its okay.
04) The Amity Affliction – not a massive fan of screamo it’s a bit hit or miss with me, believe it or not, he actually swore!!
05) Lisa Ajax – more dreary cant be bothered to sing kind of song, its okay.
06) Labrinth – not a fan, but at least its not a nasally whiny singer! Like the instrument bits! Upbeat ending!!
07) Emily Blue – lots of jarring bits, it’s a tad irritating!!
08) MADARA – dragged a bit, it was okay.
09) DORA – more standard singing, it was okay.
10) 2Mashi – bit eurovisionary, bits are annoying, bits are okay.
11) We The Ghost – this grew on me!
12) Madison Beer – my favourite chopin opus ruined by being put into this thing!!!
13) Doja Cat – well that was annoying!
14) Oscar Enestad – its okay, hes a bit drippy!
15) EVERGLOW – well im swayed by the Korean language, just wish it was male vocals! (mini bibs is hosting a kpop convention for her dissertation if anyones interested!!)
16) COY – bit wishy washy  got a similar beat to number 14!
17) Helly Luv – nope!!
18) Courtney Act – didn’t do it for me!
19) Spencer Sutherland – quick swearing!!
20) Samantha Harvey – she not already sung in this contest, at least 5 times!
21) Camden Cox – more of the same, quite boring.
22) Ella Eyre – I liked her on bake off, but don’t like her singing!
23) Sonya – drear.rry!
24) BTS – BTS!! Swoon!!!!! (did i mention mini bibs is hosting a kpop convention for her dissertation!!)
25) Allie X – its okay, not the worst thing ive heard today!
26) Julie Bergan – annoying, didn’t like it!
1594 days 4 hours ago
LornaHollas
1. Fun and cheery song. Nice way to start
2. The chorus goes off a bit! Really like this
3. Thought it was building to something cool only for it to go really annoying! Sad times.
4. OMG! Yes! We need more songs like this!
5. Quite dull and a bit forgettable
6. Wasn't expecting much as I'm not really a fan of Labrinths music but I was pleasantly surprised by this. This kind of snaps!
7. I love her whispery voice. This is a bop!
8. Oddly calming and powerful at the same time. Cool song.
9. Meh didn't really care for this
10. This song goes off! Russian lesbian bop!
11. It's alright but nothing really makes it stand out.
12. I was living my best life to the piano only for it to be rudely interrupted by some other trash!
13. Lol why do I like this so much and why is it so catchy?
14. Feels very much like a filler track
15. Does nothing for me. Quite annoying.
16. Kind of stays in the background. Nothing really stands out about it.
17. Recreating Marilyn Monroe. Yes! This song... big nope!
18. This is super catchy. Definitely a bop!
19. Grows on you as it goes along. Decent enough song
20. Grows on you. It's actually quite catchy
21. Quite like the overall mood of this. Quite atmospheric
22. Voice is kind of annoying. Not really for me
23. Quite boring
24. God this was awful! The fuck was that?
25. I like her but this song just feels a bit flat
26. Quite generic. Doesn't really do anything for me
1594 days 3 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) MAX        not his best, but not his worst. nothing will ever be puppeteer. sorry about it. still good but also i'm kinda over this throwback sound.
02) CXLOE        it's something that if i heard on the radio in the summer a 10th time, i'd be like... oh that song... it's alright
03) La Lana        i don't quite like the instrumentation. like it's up there with the ethno bagpipe but like it didn't connect well in this for me.
04) The Amity Affliction        yup. this is just insta t5 and the only time i tolerate this shit is in aggretsuko
05) Lisa Ajax        this never wowed me last year... still doesn't
06) Labrinth        this is on the better end of his stuff. should do well, but because he's a male will probably flop
07) Emily Blue        i feel like this is a lesbian thing... i don't know why... it feel a little lesbian to me. i can't as ychm because he's sleeping
08) MADARA        it's nice, but like...i'm not really looking for this....
09) DORA        i have a feeling this t3 is gonna be a large one this contest. i should make more tiers... cause like again there's a bunch of like "Meh" or "this could've been better" or "this didn't wow me" type songs getting lumped together.
10) 2Mashi        this is dance pop?
11) We The Ghost        i love when i can eliminate songs from consideration. it wasn't terrible, but not even half way through... yea you don't stand a chance with me. sorry
12) Madison Beer        yea.... this didn't wow me at all. it feels like something the Pretty Little Liars sequel would use.
13) Doja Cat        i keep wanting to give her a chance because like her stuff kinda slaps, but like i just don't vibe with it as much as i should
14) Oscar Enestad        can we put all the fo&o people on an island and just leave them there and never contact them again?
15) EVERGLOW        i mean... all 3 of their songs have been bops. still bbc is my fave. also if your bias isn't Yiren who are you?
16) COY        another good one, but probably won't ever return to ti
17) Helly Luv        i wish this went off. at least revolution went off
18) Courtney Act        there is a reason this  didn't win
19) Spencer Sutherland        you are boring. b-o-r-n-i-n-g.
20) Samantha Harvey        this will probably do well for being a vanilla girl song
21) Camden Cox        this feels very turn of the century techno trance.
22) Ella Eyre        another one where it's not the best from the artist
23) Sonya        it's a solid ballad. but i don't come to tsc for ballads
24) BTS        why wouldn't you just wait for their MV coming out this month for something? anyways... still nothing by them has gotten stuck in my head or i've listened to a second time.
25) Allie X        not just because of what ian said... but legit... this is getting clumped right next to cxloe. will be interesting to see who comes out on top
26) Julie Bergan        nothing claimed t1 for me this week. oh well. this is another good summer song
1594 days 2 hours ago
CharlieBibi
01) MAX - I didn’t really care for this one way or another.
02) CXLOE - I actually really really liked this one which I didn’t expect because I feel like I’ve hated every entry by this girl LOL.
03) La Lana - I liked this too, it’s kinda boppy. Kinda got repetitive after a while tho.
04) The Amity Affliction - johnny u fucking troll.
05) Lisa Ajax - I’ve heard this cuz its a mello reject, i dont care for this its boring!
06) Labrinth - I don’t think I’ve ever liked a song by Labrinth…….. until this. This was like really good LOL, so yeah I don’t know how to feel now (:
07) Emily Blue - I wanted to like this a lot more than I did, big disappointement.
08) MADARA - im fucking bored.
09) DORA - im still bored.
10) 2Mashi - i kinda stan this. It got lowkey grating after a bit but I still like it. 2mashi to represent Russia at Eurovision 2020!!!!
11) We The Ghost - this was alright i suppose. I don’t see this being in my top 10 at the end tho.
12) Madison Beer - I found this while looking for something to submit and I just didn’t care too much for this. It’s alright but it’s nothing to make me stan, sadly.
13) Doja Cat - immediate CLiQ vibes from this. I kinda stan.
14) Oscar Enestad - Another song barely over 2 minutes, it’s a christmas miracle. It’s alright, don’t really care too much one way or another.
15) EVERGLOW - Considered sending this too but I was afraid people would think it wasn’t as good as Adios, which it isn’t but that’s not really a valid point. It reminds me of Sexy, Naughty, Bitchy Me by Tata Young. Anyways, bop.
16) COY - I like this! I’m not in LOVE with it but it’s a really solid song.
17) Helly Luv - oh wow a legend i wonder who did this.
18) Courtney Act - L M A O really Lorna? I mean it’s not BAD but like LOL.
19) Spencer Sutherland - he’s pretty. The song isn’t really my style though so yeah, meh.
20) Samantha Harvey - This sounds like the song got lost in the mail and instead of arriving at Samantha Jade’s doorstep it got mixed up with Samantha Harvey. I kinda liked this, was cute.
21) Camden Cox - i didnt like this : (
22) Ella Eyre - She’s had a lot better in the past, this was kinda weak.
23) Sonya - She’s a good singer but this feels like any NF reject ever.
24) BTS - i hate BTS :)
25) Allie X - its okay i suppose, she also has better though.
26) Julie Bergan - this is gonna benefit from running order a lot. It’s alright, probably finishes quite high.
1594 days 1 hour ago
adeleadele
01) MAX- The lyrics in this song are very stupid and cringy. The song is pretty unremarkable aswell, not a good start to the 2020 season.
02) CXLOE- This sounds like it could be a winner later in the tsc season, but this is the first contest since the break so i have a feeling this contest will be very competitive. Its a good overall song, im not crazy about it but the first good song of the 2020 season :P
03) La Lana- This was a bop! A very enjoyable track, i think the vocals in the chorus were a bit whiny, but thats the only negative i can say. Very well produced, good track!
04) The Amity Affliction- Ok i was just gonna say this is so awful and possibly the worst song submitted in awhile, but then the chorus was actually good, just the screamo part is awful, and sadly most of the song is screamo, awful overall.
05) Lisa Ajax- I assume her two other tsc entries were also from melo lol? This is prob my fav attempt from her, just overall a really good well produced ballad.
06) Labrinth- Had kind of a gospel feel going for it. I was just bored though unfortunetely, he's also very overrated.
07) Emily Blue- I was like this was decent, but then the part at 2:30 my wig! i liked this tbh!
08) MADARA- The first 2020 nf reject! All i'm gonna say is that i love this and i will prob be 12ing this.
09) DORA- Its quite middle of the road, i have a feeling this will flop i dont see anyone really LOVING this ya know? its just ok.
10) 2Mashi- Russian is such a lovely language, this song is also really good! This could easily fit into a eurovision national final for Ukraine or something (well, not like they are gonna allow russians in lmao), overall a great track, but i have a feeling it will be robbed.
11) We The Ghost- Its ok! A little bit basic, and this is not very memorable. Still decent.
12) Madison Beer- This could definetely win! A really great song, i especially enjoy the chorus. Wish it was longer!
13) Doja Cat- This was alot lol. I liked it? i think? Its very trashy, conflicted but i think i liked this.
14) Oscar Enestad- This legit sounds like the stranger things opening.... :/ This is a no from me, its just bad.
15) EVERGLOW- Ahh i love this! An amazing k-pop song, the whole song is so catchy, i really hope this wins!
16) COY- It's a good track overall, but i don't think its competitive enough for a song contest. I still enjoyed this alot though :)
17) Helly Luv- Yeah it's a bop! A good pop song, should do well?
18) Courtney Act- Very much a guilty pleasure, i should not like this but i really bloody do lol! Its a bop, and i really enjoyed this.
19) Spencer Sutherland- I actually enjoyed this :0 I really like the production, the song is nothing special, but its an earworm.
20) Samantha Harvey- Ok i think we have the winner. It is so fucking good, such a bop, so catchy. I absolutely LOVED THIS. A pop masterpiece!
21) Camden Cox- Wow this contest has been really strong huh? Another great pop track, i dont think it will do well since this contest is so competitive, but i really enjoyed this!
22) Ella Eyre- Its overall pretty good, but it did drag a bit. A bop, but got overshadowed by the many better songs that came before this.
23) Sonya- Right up my ally! Foreign language? Check! Powerful female vocals? Check! Beautiful ballad? Check! A powerful chorus? Check! An amazing build? Check! You can also take my 12, a masterpiece!
24) BTS- I hope this gets last, but it prob wont :/ Its just really bad, don't like trap beats, or male k pop groups.
25) Allie X- Another great song! Perhaps the running order could really help this one, has winning potential? Well produced, great vocalist, Canadian, overall a really good song!
26) Julie Bergan- This has prob been the best contest in awhile, this is a great closer but will this get points from me? Not sure, but i enjoyed this (lyrics are kinda weird)
1594 days ago
ricktworick1
1. MAX - Pretty whatever, the Chromeo production isn't doing as much as I would want it to. Not a bad start, but it might struggle to make much impact here.
2. CXLOE - Very solid throughout. Can see this perform well.
3. La Lana - Sloppy verses, though the pre-chorus sounds quite good. Unfortunately, the chorus breakdown really isn't it I'm afraid.
4. The Amity Affliction - It actually isn't bad for this genre LMAO, but obviously not for me.
5. Lisa Ajax - I love how we went from an absolute screamo metal to a ballad in one transition. I have always enjoyed this song despite being a bit outside my comfort zone, though I am sure this will struggle to attain many votes.
6. Labrinth - This is probably my favourite song by him. Brilliant pick, with lots of interesting, fitting layers just adding to the overall quality of the tune.
7. Emily Blue - Just pretty basic and dull, nothing much to write about.
8. MADARA - It is not as good as the winning song I have entered, but there is something about MADARA's music that really makes it quite special. Decent effort.
9. DORA - Thought it would have gone somewhere based on the verses, but the chorus is a complete non-existence. Missed opportunity.
10. 2Mashi - Something really energetic was really needed at this point, and this definitely delivers that. Very solid pick, though at times it sounds quite manic.
11. We The Ghost - Pretty good sound, nothing I'd really rave about but it's executed rather well.
12. Madison Beer - It's 2020 and Madison Beer still has no songs. This is the same bullshit that a lot of pop/r&b artists are doing all the time these days.
13. Doja Cat - This actually goes off. It's super trashy, yet I can't help but quite enjoy this.
14. Oscar Enestad - Better than his Melodifestivalen entry, though this also could have been a bit better. It's alright.
15. EVERGLOW - Just like all of their previous songs, the verses are rather sluggish to say the least. The first chorus is effective due to the same use of whispered vocals that are followed by a loud, strong drop, yet this doesn't happen the 2nd time around. This sits somewhere in between "Adios" and "Bon Bon Chocolat" in terms of the quality.
16. COY - I get what they were trying to go for, but I think they only achieved it halfway through. It's not bad by any means, though, pretty strong overall.
17. Helly Luv - Oh dear, she's definitely had better before. Just not very good in its execution, but I think this will do well just because it follows the formula that TSC enjoys, despite it being completely botched.
18. Courtney Act - Absolutely painful during the chorus. Pity, there was some potential if that didn't happen.
19. Spencer Sutherland - Oh, he was on X Factor. This song is quite pedestrian I'm afraid, it also has this annoying beat-swinging style that makes the tempo sound fucked up.
20. Samantha Harvey - On the verge of being overly-twee, but thankfully it never crossed the line. Solid entry.
21. Camden Cox - This kind of chill electro dance sound usually doesn't impress me, and I am afraid this song does not change anything.
22. Ella Eyre - Feels rather half-baked, as if whoever produced this stopped making this song mid-way through. Disappointing, especially when Ella has so many good tunes on her discography.
23. Sonya - Nothing that I would go back to, sorry.
24. BTS - They have had some good songs on their repertoire, but this is rather horrific. The great Asian guitar sound is completely wasted on the intolerable trap beat.
25. Allie X - Definitely doesn't hold up against some of her other tunes, but it's a pretty good song overall.
26. Julie Bergan - She had some good songs in the past, like "All Hours," so I do wonder what made her release something as poor as this?
1594 days ago
Natepresnell
1 - I liked the beat it had to this, wasn’t slow or boring
2 - Oh wow the chorus really elevated this song
3 - I don’t know, sounds kinda messy to me
4 - no
5 - This was too slow for me sorry, was hoping the chorus would pick up but it didn’t
6 - I feel like I’ve only enjoyed Labrinth when he’s with Sia, this was okay but nothing that stands out
7 - This was too basic and didn’t do anything for me
8 - Interesting but not for me
9 - I want to rate her because she’s Spanish but this was so incredibly basic
10 - Tbh I surprisingly liked this, I think it’s the pace of the song that makes it good
11 - Similar to the last one, really liked the pace of this one
12 - Idk the long slow intro is really annoying, the actual song is kinda generic
13 - I mean it’s interesting I’ll give it that
14 - I enjoyed this, decent short song !
15 - Okay unlike people in this group for once I can change my taste and say I think for once I can say I stan a Kpop song
16 - Idk this whole song played through and I don’t remember any of it because I think I zoned out
17 - Sorry can’t get behind lyrics that are ‘Boy bye’, the song is also basic if you want a legit reason
18 - It’s decent but it’s missing that small bit to really elevate it imo
19 - Interesting song, wasn’t that bad!
20 - I guess it’s average and one of the better songs of this contest but that doesn’t really mean anything
21 - I mean if we’re going for good background music this might win!
22 - At this point, I can see this getting low points from me if I’m being honest
23 - Not really my type of song
24 - This was so bad lmao
25 - Okay now I’m confused isn’t there a song with the same title earlier in the contest because that one was 10x better than this one
26 - These lyrics were so basic, an okay song to finish off a boring contest
1594 days ago
DanielKennedy111
Tonight's Running Order
01) MAX - Adam rippon is shaking. A good opener
02) CXLOE - obviously this is great. A good bop from a queen
03) La Lana - lazy chorus
04) The Amity Affliction - no thank you! So sorry
05) Lisa Ajax - Queen. This is a good song but not the best from her
06) Labrinth - winner contender. great song
07) Emily Blue - got confused with jonas blue for a second. Just ok
08) MADARA - NF entry so I’m disappointed. It’s fine
09) DORA - she needs to go exploring for the missing chorus
10) 2Mashi - good song, high energy.
11) We The Ghost - nothing too special unfortunately.
12) Madison Beer - dustins fave song at the moment. I like it
13) Doja Cat - Queen. Song is great.
14) Oscar Enestad - nothing special, kinda just there.
15) EVERGLOW - it would be fine but I am just tired of EVERGLOW
16) COY - Swedish music rocks.
17) Helly Luv - just ok for me. Again notging crazy
18) Courtney Act - a good song but repeat value lessens it for me.
19) Spencer Sutherland - fine voice but doesn’t go anywhere
20) Samantha Harvey - solid pop song. Would replay again
21) Camden Cox - heard this before, I like it. Not insanely great though
22) Ella Eyre - compared to her other hits this just doesn’t go very well
23) Sonya - meh. Not a good entry
24) BTS - bts is so lackluster I just don’t get it.
25) Allie X - love her. She always brings the boos.
26) Julie Bergan - so disappointing closer. Was excited

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!