This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 379 Final

Topic » TSC 379 Final

1643 days 1 hour ago
Alexeh23
21) Gabrielle Aplin - 'Like You Say You Do'
1643 days 1 hour ago
Patrick319
20) Jasmin Walia - If I heard this on the radio I'd guess it was Inna, Antonia or Alexandra. This song would fit right in with the Romanian pop girlies. It's nothing innovative, but I enjoy this kind of music so it was a good listen.
1643 days 1 hour ago
Alexeh23
22) Diskopunk - 'Antonio America'
1643 days 1 hour ago
Patrick319
21) Gabrielle Aplin - I've considered sending this but thought it would be kind of tacky to send a previous winner from this year, because I don't think it compares to Nothing Really Matters in the slightest. In spite of that, it's a cute pop song and I really enjoy it.
1643 days 1 hour ago
Alexeh23
23) Sabrina Capenter - 'Looking at Me'
1643 days 1 hour ago
Patrick319
22) Diskopunk - Yeah, that's gonna be a no from me dog.
1643 days 1 hour ago
Alexeh23
All 23 songs have been posted!

Make sure you listen to all of the songs, post your comments, and then send your votes to EOIN not me.

Please give 12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 points to your ten favorite songs. If you don't know how to vote, please PM me/Eoin.

The deadline is 3 PM EST/8 PM BST on Sunday, which is when the results show will be hosted.

Good luck all!
1643 days 1 hour ago
Alexeh23
As a co-host of this edition I've written positive comments about every song! Except you can obviously tell which ones I didn't like... I tried!!

01) Amy Macdonald - For an unknown Christmas song this was good!
02) Oh Wonder -  This was like something that would play at the end of a Glee episode!
03) Clara - I like her voice!
04) Mahmood - The part at 3:04 is really nice!
05) Blas Canto - I’m sure he’ll be better than Tu Cancion!
06) Lindsey Sterling - This was good melodically!
07) Mamamoo - I have hips so could totally relate to this song!
08) Arlissa - Listening to this made me feel like I was in a very fancy elevator!
09) NAAMA - The part after the second chorus was great!
10) Matt Maeson - Better than the usual male indie rock Netflix kinda thing!
11) Время и Стекло - This was just a bop tbh!
12) FKA Twigs - Magdalene AOTY! Shut up Patrick!
13) Greyson Chance - Gay rights!
14) Tinashe - This was a very pleasant surprise!
15) Royal Deluxe - I probably enjoyed the trailer for whatever Netflix show this song appeared in!
16) Dig Lazarus - Not awful, it’s definitely been done worse!
17) ASHS - I liked this a lot more than Polina Gagarina!
18) Isabella Mercred - Enjoyable!
19) Fleur East - This song is my first positive association with Debenhams since I got kicked out when I was 12!
20) Jasmin Walla - Enjoyable! Thought she said call me banana which made me laugh!
21) Gabrielle Aplin - Queen can do no wrong!
22) Diskopunk - This song was no worse than the thumbnail, artist name and song title suggested it would be!
23) Sabrina Carpenter - For a blonde girl this wasn’t half bad!
1643 days 1 hour ago
Alexeh23
Thanks for joining me Patrick <3
1643 days 1 hour ago
Patrick319
01) Amy Macdonald - I was expecting some corny Christmas tune, but this was totally different. It actually has a very cool Paloma Faith-esque vibe to it. This could work well as a standalone single during any time of the year. Don't think I'd come back to it, but it was really strong.
02) Oh Wonder - A bit of a slow start, but it picks up well. The chorus is interesting. We also haven't departed from the "Christmas" themed song titles. This was nice, but that's all I can come up with. Nice.
03) Clara - I'm immediately into this. Good vocal, and the song is uplifting and contemporary. This is going to sound very bibbles of me, but it could have gone without the unnecessary swearing since it was kind of distracting. But if that's the only real criticism I can come up with then you're in a pretty good spot.
04) Mahmood - DAD. I obviously like this hence why I literally have it linked on my profile. This is just as good if not (dare I say) STRONGER than Soldi. No, I won't go that far. It's still very much what I'd expect from Mahmood despite sounding completely different. The gun shots give me goosebumps. Yeah, just take my points already.
05) Blas Canto - Excited to see him at Eurovision for... science. This isn't totally my cup of tea, but it's pleasant. There's a bit of a folksy vibe during the chorus that is often hit or miss for me, but is more so of a 'hit' in this case. Not bad.
06) Lindsey Stirling - I'm always here for Lindsey so to nobody's surprise I like this. I do wish you sent Artemis because I think musically that song is a bit more interesting and captures more of a 'moment'. This is good too but a bit more of an eye roll once it reaches the EDM-inspired chorus. You can tell this was written and produced for the masses. It's very mainstream. That's not necessarily a bad thing, as I still (mostly) enjoyed this.
07) Mamamoo - This is a bit all over the place. I really enjoyed parts of the instrumental especially during the chorus, but other parts of the song felt muted and lacked a real energy. I can't say it's boring, but I wish it possessed more of a cohesive identity.
08) Arlissa - I've heard this before, and nothing about it interests me that much. How very boring.
09) NAAMA - I feel like this was supposed to be an ethno pop banger, but it's failing to meet any of my standards. The chorus was alright, but the song isn't really doing anything for me. You're not Noa Kirel, and you never will be.
10) Matt Maeson - This sounds extremely heterosexual and extremely white. Now, those are not exclusion criteria for me to enjoy a song in the slightest (clearly, based on some of my entries from this year). But this just felt aggressively heterosexual, and it bored me.
11) Время и Стекло - Oh, this is a bop. I generally enjoy Eastern European music as is, and this encapsulated all the reasons why I live for the genre. Best song since Barrio for me.
12) FKA Twigs - I don't understand FKA Twigs at all nor why people like her in the first place other than to be edgy. This was nothingness during the verses, and noise during the chorus.
13) Greyson Chance - Is this the f*g who appeared on Ellen? He grew up nicely. Yeah, this is very much a Patrick319 kind of song. I enjoyed everything about this.
14) Tinashe - Edgy, sultry, sexual. This is totally up my alley. Tinashe already has a strong discography as is, and this is definitely a strong addition to it. This isn't the winner, but will do extremely well among some people (myself included).
15) Royal Deluxe - This feels very much like a DallasAndrew entry, and I'm waiting to be proven otherwise. This type of 'epic' rock sound has been done to death, so I'm hardly as excited by it as I once was. It's good, and might scrape into my lower points, but there's no guarantee.
16) Dig Lazarus - Now this feels very much like a bibbles entry! Not for me I'm afraid.
17) ASHS - This one's a bit low-key, but it's pleasant. The chorus is really cute. Potentially a winner? This feels like something that would satisfy the widest net of people and rely on 6-7's to win.
18) Isabella Merced - Oh this is kind of a bop, isn't it? It's been a while since I've heard a good Latin female-led pop song. I'd surely get tired of this after a few listens, but for now I'm into it.
19) Fleur East - This sounds like a reject Lizzo song. It's okay, but pretty disappointing by Fleur's standards.
20) Jasmin Walia - If I heard this on the radio I'd guess it was Inna, Antonia or Alexandra. This song would fit right in with the Romanian pop girlies. It's nothing innovative, but I enjoy this kind of music so it was a good listen.
21) Gabrielle Aplin - I've considered sending this but thought it would be kind of tacky to send a previous winner from this year, because I don't think it compares to Nothing Really Matters in the slightest. In spite of that, it's a cute pop song and I really enjoy it.
22) Diskopunk - Yeah, that's gonna be a no from me dog.
23) Sabrina Carpenter - Already much better than her last (non-qualifying) entry. I'm not bewildered by it, but it's a solid pop song. Good way to close a DECADE OF TSC!!!
1642 days 22 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Ugh fine, I guess I can pause "Touch Me" by Antonia for a bit.

01) Amy Macdonald - I'm not allowed to like any Christmas songs besides Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You." Sorry, I don't write the rules. Anywho, this is NOT what I was expecting, obviously in a good way. Not entirely my cup of tea still, but I'm not MAD at it. 
02) Oh Wonder - Didn't have much hope for this after how it started, but it picked up a bit. It's cute.
03) Clara - Immediately like her tone. No real standout element to it outside of that, but it's pretty good all around.
04) Mahmood - Dad. Hopefully I'm proved wrong that this could do well here, but I think it'll struggle. Not from me, though. ^_^ The vibe of it is just *licks fingers obnoxiously* delish.
05) Blas Canto - Super pleasant. Expected to be a bit bored by it, but I was mostly engaged throughout.
06) Lindsey Stirling - I remember the days where sending Lindsey Stirling here resulted automatically in a good placement. Think this will do well, too. One of the only songs so far that just smacked me in the face rather than being pleasant or growers.
07) Mamamoo - I'll be totally honest, I click-raced for this more because I thought it would do well moreso than being IN LOVE with it myself. It's grown on me quite a bit since then, though.
08) Arlissa - I like her a lot and she sounds lovely, but this was a pretty big disappointment for me. Didn't really go anywhere.
09) NAAMA - Typically right up my alley, but I feel like it's missing something. She goes for it in the chorus and there's a little edge to her voice there that really isn't there in most songs of this ilk (that's a plus), but I feel next to nothing about the rest of this. Under baked. 
10) Matt Maeson - I did, Matt. I sure did. The warble in his voice when he sings "waAaAteEeEeEr" bothered me much more than it should have, almost to unhealthy levels. I was a bit worried that I was lukewarm on a lot of songs and didn't actively dislike anything thus far, so thank you for giving me something to truly dislike.
11) Время и Стекло - I'm far from the biggest man hater here, but I was immediately put off by the peen. Good thing he was mostly drowned out by the woman until I finally got used to him. Boppy.
12) FKA Twigs - Really have to be in a certain mood to get into her. Luckily for you, I'm... umm... ~medicated~ right now. Shit made me float away.
13) Greyson Chance - Matt Maeson, this is how you give off hwhite energy whilst not being annoying. Very cool vibe to it.
14) Tinashe - I will be simultaneously elated and annoyed if this does well, as I've been sitting on it since it came out and convinced myself that it would do poorly here despite me absolutely adoring it. The second verse and transition into Ms. Banks does it for me in ways that I cannot begin to explain. LOVE.
15) Royal Deluxe -  It's fine, Zayde Tinnesz Deluxe. A trend that hasn't happened for a few weeks, but I wouldn't say we were missing it. 
16) Dig Lazarus - I don't dig dig lazarus. Very tame rock entry, not really making up for that in style points either.
17) ASHS - Subtle, inoffensive, not really doing much for me.
18) Isabella Mercred - I'm starting to get sick of the repetitive "papi's" in the background and the song just started, so that might be a problem. It's smooth and pretty sexy, but my original complaint remains a complaint when all is said and done.
19) Fleur East - It's mildly fun, albeit super short and by the time I was getting into it, it was just about to end. Maybe don't make a song about size when the length of this isn't satisfying? Food 4 thot. Addendum: Patrick is right that this sounds like a Lizzo reject.
20) Jasmin Walia - I paused Antonia for a lesser version of her? :/ It's a sound that I enjoy very much, but can't help but feel like it's been done so much better so many times.
21) Gabrielle Aplin - Put it on my list and completely forgot about it. Can understand why I forgot about it, it's not really memorable to me, but it's cute.
22) Diskopunk - There's really nothing about this that really resonates with me. It was a song. A song from TSC 379. Those are my thoughts.
23) Sabrina Capenter - Kindaaaaaa sexy, but not completely there. Not blowing me away in any aspect. I'm lukewarm on it, but it's a fine enough closer.
1642 days 22 hours ago
CharlieBibi
01) Amy Macdonald - MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY! In any case this was boring.
02) Oh Wonder - oh it another borewhore. It tried to go somewhere but this is just NOT for me at all.
03) Clara - This was boring but then she started going hard in the chorus and it kinda felt disjointed. The swearing!!!!!!! No but seriously, the swearing hurts the hears idk why.
04) Mahmood - I wasn’t immediately into Soldi but I warmed up to it after a few listens, i’m afraid this is going to suffer the same fate. I’m not into it right now but I know I will be into it by the time Eurovision 2020 comes around.
05) Blas Canto - hes kinda c00t so that helps. Overall though didn’t really do much for me.
06) Lindsey Sterling - This is actually pretty solid! I never really give a shit about anything Lindsey Sterling does but yeah idk this one was nice.
07) Mamamoo - yeah just copy Patrick’s comment as mine. I liked a lot of these parts but then there’s some parts that take me out of it completely which is a shame. Overall I think I like it but I’m not sure.
08) Arlissa - My expectations were pretty low because of the “elevator music” comment but like this wasn’t that bad? It wasn’t good or anything but I thought it was whatever.
09) NAAMA - It’s not BAD but I’ve heard this type of music multiple times over. Meh.
10) Matt Maeson - This is 77sparks77 and it’s getting DallasAndrew’s 12 I’m sure of it.
11) Время и Стекло - oh im a bit slain by this. Also I equally enjoyed the male and female parts which is a feat for a song like this.
12) FKA Twigs - who the fuck likes this bitch?
13) Greyson Chance - This is DallasAndrew and it’s getting Sparks’ 12 I’m sure of it.
14) Tinashe - I hated this (: Absolutely everything about this was horrible!
15) Royal Deluxe - Johnny started singing Stones by ZiBBZ in the middle of this and now I can’t unhear it. Also it’s whatever.
16) Dig Lazarus - yep, there it is. I will say though the video did something for me thanks for the hot men bibbs!
17) ASHS - It didn’t really grab me but it was vaguely pleasant. Not mad at it by any stretch of the imagination.
18) Isabella Mercred - I was into it! That’s really it! Pleasant! Cute! Fun!
19) Fleur East - Easily Fleur’s worst song so far but it’s still DECENT-ish. The lyrics really bothered me though, like really a song about dick sizes hun?
20) Jasmin Walia - This is like Isabella but 20 years older LMFAO. I like the chorus, reminds me of Inna. One of the best songs this week imo.
21) Gabrielle Aplin - yeah i dont really give a shit if im honest.
22) Diskopunk - hey IAyeEye. This was fucking terrible!
23) Sabrina Capenter - I actually kinda liked this. I can’t believe I’m gonna give this a ridiculous amount of points because this entire week was horrible.
1642 days 22 hours ago
Aquamarine
01) Amy MacDonald - I really like her in general but I like my Christmas music to be a little gayer and I don't mean like the 'apparel' in Deck The Halls
02) Oh Wonder - This is some ASMR music until the chorus and it gave me the heebie jeebies but dont tell Gina Rodriguez.
03) Clara - Now, I believe I saw someone say this was a great contest and lets just say I am a little put off already. She said 'fuck' bye bye bibbles points.
04) Mahmood - We know how I feel about Eurovision artists I don't like being entered in these contests and this is truly no different.
05) Blas Canto - This motif of people walking through a forest is the new girl in a bathtub and honestly ill be pointing it out more. I dont like this at all.
06) Lindsey Stirling - TSC angel Lindsey Stirling back at it again with the violin. Go off a bit.
07) Mamamoo - Something about this wasn't quite right for me. Wish it was a bit faster paced even. It was okay. Probably the best of the ones so far.
08) Arlissa - Was someone trolling me about saying this was the best contest ever? They had to have been. This is bleh as fuck.
09) NAAMA - I really like her voice. Something about the song doesn't click perfectly for me, but I'll overlook it for now.
10) Matt Maeson - Ok which of you wh*te m*n enablers sent this garbage in? Fuck outta here with that.
11) Время и Стекло - I don't know who keeps submitting the Ukranian music but this kind of goes off.
12) FKA Twigs - This is one of those artists that I will truly never understand the allure for. This is pure trash.
13) Greyson Chance - Aside from the fact that this is horrible, I cannot tell if he's 18 or 32.
14) Tinashe - stan Tinashe that's really all I have to say, also there is literally a child talking in this song so stop.
15) Royal Deluxe - This sounds like an inferior version of Stones by ZiBBZ by men.
16) Dig Lazarus - Half a second in: hi bibbles. You know its never gonna be my thing. Sorry. :(
17) ASHS - This is the weirdest Polina Gagarina cover I've ever heard but I didn't hate it.
18) Isabella Merced - Camila Cabello who? Why care about her when you can have an ambitious 11th grader who's father clearly had filming equipment? Lol I didnt hate it (:
19) Fleur East - She always kind of slaps huh. I feel like this is actually my least favorite of her songs though.
20) Jasmin Walia - This bitch was on The Only Way Is Essex LMAO what the fuck. This is like the caliber of a Real Housewife making a song. Except Erika Jayne. She's a queen.
21) Gabrielle Aplin - Absolutely not. This is the edgelord submission of the week even if its not. Get out.
22) Diskopunk - I spoke way too soon about the edgelord submission of the week clearly.
23) Sabrina Carpenter - I enjoyed this. At least it ended the contest on a decent note for one of the weakest contests in recent history. Thanks for closing the decade well.
1642 days 13 hours ago
Alexeh23
Please send your votes to Eoin, not me. I've forwarded the votes I've received so anyone who has already voted won't need to resend them but I may not be able to do this later in the week (especially on Sunday when 20 of you will vote at once and I'm working all day) so if you send them to me and they get lost it's on you!!
1642 days 8 hours ago
Alexito
01) Amy Macdonald: Cool and beautiful but maybe too soft. The video is so touching tbh.
02) Oh Wonder: The male voice is quite annoying with a first listen. I find this entry so interesting and fresh, love the climax part.
03) Clara: Really catchy, her voice is a little bit shaking all over the song but I can't deny it sounds like a real bop.
04) Mahmood: May I confess I didn't listen to this song until now? Not a big fan but I must admit it's really really catchy.
05) Blas Canto: I listened to this song thousand of times. I love the message and I think Blas' voice is so beautiful.
06) Lindsey Sterling: Her way of singing looks like her voice was speeded up too much, and that makes me feel like I'm listening to a bad remix. Not bad song tho. Lindsey Sterling brilliant as always.
07) Mamamoo: Too many different elements mixed like in a messy way. Don't like the rap part either, and there's nothing to enjoy from it.
08) Arlissa: It starts boring and it gets better towards the end. Chorus kinda repetitive but nothing to complain about.
09) NAAMA: YAAAAAAAS! Love how the brigde builds up and leads to a good chorus, so melodic and interesting.
10) Matt Maeson: Really intense and totally my style of music. Love how he uses his voice, something very impressive.
11) Время и Стекло: Love these duo and Russian/Ukrainian music. They have so many bops and this one is one of them. Could we have a Russian/East Europe week theme?
12) FKA Twigs: Why does she seems so fragile? Love her voice and the intense that it's getting through all the song.
13) Greyson Chance: Oh I just realised this song is in my list. Is kinda repetitive, that's the worst point of this song. A nice song to listen several times.
14) Tinashe: Quite promising but that's the only positive thing I can say. Really disappointing. This song went into a wrong way imo.
15) Royal Deluxe: YAAAAAS! Such a real bop!! I found out some of the members are from Welshly Arms which is a group I adore!! Song is super power, energetic and love that rock vibes.
16) Dig Lazarus: Another good rock song but not enought considering the previous one. Some parts are kinda messy and other good.
17) ASHS: American Horror Story is now a band or something? Considering this as a good song, I can see it winning or getting a good place. Too short, I felt like I want more of this.
18) Isabela Merced: A Rosalía's low version? Those claps in the background reminds me so much of her. I'm not into reggeaton or similar styles but I admit it caught my attention so bad.
19) Fleur East: Didn't know about this song and all I have to say it's so meh, maybe because I expected much more from her. Very unnoticeable.
20) Jasmin Walia: There are some good parts and bad ones. I like the rhythm and her voice, however that part after the chorus is not my thing.
21) Gabrielle Aplin: Nice song but I can't say something that motivates me to keep listening to this song.
22) Diskopunk: Too pretentious? I have the feeling that it tries to be something and ends up being another thing, something in the middle.
23) Sabrina Capenter: I don't know why I'm loving that latin vibes, maybe in another moment I would critize it. I enjoyed this closer so much.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!