This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 372 Final

Topic » TSC 372 Final

1706 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
21) Kygo & Whitney Houston - 'Higher Love' (Original by Steve Winwood

1706 days 11 hours ago
LornaHollas
21. Not completely sold on this, I love Whitney's voice but not feeling this song I'm afraid. Sad times
1706 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
22) Meg Myers - 'Running Up That Hill' (Originally by Kate Bush)

1706 days 11 hours ago
LornaHollas
22. Kate Bush's version is a classic. This is alright but doesn't hold up to the emotion and power of the original
1706 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
23) José González  - 'Heartbeats' (Original by Knife)

1706 days 11 hours ago
LornaHollas
23. Chill vibes from this, quite a nice listen
1706 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
24) Geri Halliwell - 'It's Raining Men' (Original by the Weather Girls)

alt link:

1706 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
25) A Touch of Class - 'Around the World (La La La La)' (Original by Ruki Vverh)

1706 days 11 hours ago
LornaHollas
24. Lol another guilty pleasure! This was my jam when I was about 5!
1706 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
All 25 songs have been posted!

Make sure you listen to all of the songs, post your comments, and then send your votes to me.

Please give 12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 points to your ten favorite songs. If you don't know how to vote, please PM me.

The deadline is 3 PM EST/8 PM BST on Sunday, which is when the results show will be hosted.

Good luck all!
1706 days 11 hours ago
LornaHollas
25. Its alright, how many las were in this song?
1706 days 10 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Sorry in advance for the basic ass/bitchy(???) comments, was not feeling it today.

01) Kim Petras - LMFAO. I love the gays in an uproar, but this does seem like SUCH a waste of her. I'm sure this has an audience, but baby, it ain't me. Not really looking forward to singer-songwritery covers this week, if I'm being honest.
02) Mark Ronson - Good. Will always be good. RIP angel!
03) Marilyn Manson - Nothing will ever touch the original. Not something I ever seek out, but surprisingly also not something I'd actively avoid either. It's fine.
04) The Pussycat Dolls - *starts a fire from rubbing my ass on my chair*
05) Boyce Avenue - Like I said with Ms. Petras, was not looking forward to these basic covers this week. This easily falls into that category. He sounds fine, but does not elevate a song that I'm not crazy about to begin with.
06) Miranda Cosgrove - Wanted to like this more than I ultimately did. It existed!
07) The Exclusive Strings - The strings are pretty, but there's really not much to it beyond that. Not crazy about it.
08) Eden Xo - Didn't recognize this until the chorus. It's cute enough.
09) Hayley Williams - Hayley sounds good as per usual, but it was so one note, and that one note was B O R I N G.
10) Britney Spears - It's pretty underwhelming in comparison to the original. Feels like a cheap grab for points due to name value, and it'll likely work on me at this rate considering it's been a relatively weak contest (in comparison to what I was expecting) because it's fucking Britney.
11) Heart - I did not know this was a cover. So uneducated. So uncultured. Swine. It's a classic.
12) Tina Turner - This is more of what I was looking for this week -- finally stepping your pussies up.
13) Björk - I feel like my comments for her are something along the lines of "I'm not a Bjork girl and this didn't do much to change that." Showtunes aren't really my cup of tea, but it had a lot more life to it than a lot of other entries tonight.
14) Lou Bega - An absolute guilty pleasure. So guilty that a friend was trying to remember the names recently and I had to *pretend* I didn't recall all of them off the top of my head. I'm an amazing actress.
15) Lana Del Rey - Wow, a good use of a newer release on covers week? Talent, really. Into the original and into this.
16) Kristin Chenoweth - Good original, decenttttttttttt cover, but absolutely nothing I'd ever go back to.
17) Jungkook and Jimin - God, that started out so off-puttingly breathy, lmfao. And the horror continues at the chorus. Props to him for recording this while running a marathon, but I was ready for this to end from the beginning.
18) Jennifer Saunders - Didn't feel like there was even an attempt to elevate this. It's a no for me, dawg.
19) Holly Valance - Okay, serve it up, Beth.
20) Christina Aguilera - SCREAM IT, XTINA. GROWL IT. She's really going for it, but it feels like yet another one where it doesn't even make a dent in coming close to the original. 
21) Kygo & Whitney Houston - When this came out I was very much on the "nobody asked for this" train, but I heard it on the radio today and was kinda feeling it.
22) Meg Myers - Wanted to be more into this because it's Meg, but I was relatively unmoved by it.
23) José González - Wake up, Pearl. Lifeless, I'm afraid.
24) Geri Halliwell - Already full of energy, but in comparison to the last one, it stood out in that aspect even more.
25) A Touch of Class - LOL did NOT know this was a cover. This is my shit.
1706 days 7 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) Kim Petras - LMAO I want to give it points for troll comedy but this song does not fit her voice well
02) Mark Ronson - we can all go home now this is winning… I mean it's iconic but why did u submit  version with the RAP AT THE BEGINNING WTF that's enough to lose it points
03) Marilyn Manson - I for one, am one to disagree
04) The Pussycat Dolls - this is a cover? Sure why not it's iconic, everybody welcome to TSC Beta week!
05) Boyce Avenue - this felt like an eternity
06) Miranda Cosgrove - THE DEFINITION OF ICONIC WE ARE NOT WORTHY MISS QUEEN MIRANDA SLAYED OUR EXISTENCE WITH THIS COVER!!!! THE SUGABABES DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THEY WERE IN FOR
07) The Exclusive Strings - her voice is so annoying this song would've been way more iconic without words
08) Eden Xo - she sounds honestly pretty annoying but I like the song and she makes it cute
09) Hayley Williams - this song made no effort not to be boring
10) Britney Spears - https://media0.giphy.com/media/tiWBWYnJ4ilAA/source.gif
11) Heart - this song is also absolutely iconic and one of the best rock ballads of all time
12) Tinta Turnter - I was always kinda underwhelmed by this song sorry :\
13) Björk - edgy
14) Lou Bega - why is this NOT the DISNEY VERSION??? Still a turnt song
15) Lana Del Rey - it's cool but a little too safe for this contest
16) Kristin Chenoweth - this song like just got released and it's here this week… sure… it's fine
17) Jungkook and Jimin - very safe cover
18) Jennifer Saunders - I mean she's a queen like she slayed shrek 2 what a QUEEN!
19) Holly Valance - this kinda slayed me lol like what
20) Christina Aguilera - SING IT XTINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this definitely beats the britney song
21) Kygo & Whitney Houston - wow how edgy to pick this new release but sadly I do like it lol
22) Meg Myers - no thanks
23) José González - no
24) Geri Halliwell - LMAO sure
25) A Touch of Class - never liked this song
1706 days 7 hours ago
Aquamarine
01) Kim Petras - I'm fucking DEAD at someone using this absolute garbage to prevent anyone from using Kim's Halloween album in the next 10 weeks, which is likely the rest of the year.
02) Mark Ronson - Cant wait to play how many songs did I not realize were covers this week. This wins, thanks for playing.
03) Marilyn Manson - We stan this because its on Binb. Does that make it a TOOT? Probably not. Bye!
04) The Pussycat Dolls - Once again, not aware that this song is a cover. Catch me not actually listening to the originals though to tell the differences. Toot!
05) Boyce Avenue - Worse than the original, what's the point of even sending this?
06) Miranda Cosgrove - I cant believe I got tricked into paying attention to this video because Ian said a PLL actor was in this?
07) The Exclusive Strings - This was getting a 12 if it was exclusively violins because of how ridiculous this is. BYE BITCH!
08) Eden xo - A certain someone's fascination with this artist is becoming more questionable to me. It's fine.
09) Hayley Williams - I'll take songs that won't get above 20 points for $200, Alex.
10) Britney Spears - Britney is perfect and nothing will change my mind. #FreeBritney
11) Heart - Carrie Underwood's performance of this on Idol will always shake me to my core when Simon was like "you will go on to win and sell more records than any other winner".
12) Tina Turner - Tina is amazing, so is this song. When is she going to be on The Masked Singer on FOX?
13) Bjork - I will never understand the appeal of Bjork it's just random noises to me.
14) Lou Bega - The number of songs I never knew were covers is insane to me.
15) Lana Del Rey - WHO THE HELL CARES
16) Kristin Chenoweth - Whatever other version of this came out recently was better and it had G-Eazy
17) Jungkook and Jimin - This is why I will never like kpop because the fans are insufferable.
18) Jennifer Saunders - This cover was HORRID and might get points anyways because of the meme.
19) Holly Valance - I've heard the original on Binb, congrats on this being better than that trash.
20) Christina Aguilera - Felix is PRESSED. I'm gonna be honest I really don't understand the appeal of Christina in general. :)
21) Kygo & Whitney Houston - Sorry but I love Kygo and I'm sure there will be people who don't like this version but whatever. Either that or it'll win. *shrug*
22) Meg Myers - Who the hell in TSC is obsessed with this person? I'm actually going to go look at the doc to call you out here. Ok her only being submitted 5 times is shaking me nvm.
23) Jose Gonzalez - Is this bibbles because who else would this be
24) Geri Halliwell - Sue me I think I like this better than the original. Iconique Bop.
25) ATC - Isn't there a Eurovision song that is identical to this? Another amazing entry. Well done ending this contest. Fuck Tolis for being edgy and spelling out "A Touch of Class".
1706 days 7 hours ago
Darbe
ok so i actually listened to all of the originals also so i could give a proper assessment. wow i'm dedicated to this contest, ur welcome.

1. kim petras - i am a huge fan of the killers and the reason Human works so well is because of the great synth pop/rock instrumental and brandon's great vocals. this version has neither of those. this just sounds like a 15 yr old with an average voice singing in her bedroom with a guitar with hopes to be the next demi. i assume this has been entered tactically.
2. mark ronson & amy winehouse - i personally prefer the original version by The Zutons if i'm honest. although amy's vocals are fucking flawless as always, i have been way too overexposed to her version and its hype has never seemed to die down despite being released like 15 years ago. in some environments i can enjoy this track, but nothing frustrates me more than being at a party and 20 people simultaneously rejoicing when this song comes on
3. marilyn manson - this is the week where all my unpopular opinions are going to come to light. i personally prefer this version over the eurythmics version..? i really love the dark twist he puts on this song. this would've probably been PERFECT for halloween week but it is one of the most famous covers of all time so it works here too.
4. the pussycat dolls - i didn't know this was a cover until rick put it in the TSC chat honestly but yeah this version does have more personality than the original. i've never really taken this track seriously in the past if i'm honest because i hate the lyrics and i've always just associated it with dumb adverts/comedy movie scenes. however it has grew on me the last few days bc it is pretty playful and fun!
5. boyce avenue - the original has over 500 million views on youtube yet i've never heard it before in my life before today? i did enjoy the 3 doors down version, but the boyce version was just very predictable. his voice is okay, but it doesn't really go anywhere so it's just kinda boring overall. not really keen on acoustics generally tbh.
6. miranda cosgrove - okay about you now by the sugababes is a BANGER. i don't care for miranda's version - it sounds very disney and immature.
7. the exclusive strings - despite being a huge fan of the original i really would have never guessed this was a cover of Hard Rock Hallelujah besides the second half. this was just a bit of a boring mess - it'd probably be a little bit better if they removed the synthy sounding parts.
8. eden xo - i preferred this during the first verse. she has a cute enough voice and the instrumental works in some places but it becomes a bit christmassy half way through which i'm assuming wasn't the desired effect. it's okay.
9. hayley williams - not really one of my favourites by tegan & sara. this hayley version is pretty cute and is probably my favourite of the stripped down soundings songs so far (ALTHOUGH THIS ALSO SOUNDS CHRISTMASSY IN THE LAST FEW SECONDS, WHY ARE ALL THE SONGS DOING THIS). maybe a tad forgettable in a week full of well known songs but was pleasant enough.
10. britney spears - whoever submitted this, you should've submitted the joan jett version!!! everytime i hear this version i just think of britney at the 2016 billboards grinding on that huge moving guitar, flipping her hair like 20 times during the chorus. iconic. i prefer the grittier version over this version which is just going for a more sexy sound, but i love britney so the familiarity will help this.
11. heart - i'd considered submitting Alone this week and maybe that would've been my best option. this will do great this week and for good reason. this song is an absolute classic and will appeal to pretty much everyone irrespective of their genre preferences. everything about this song is awesome: the powerful vocals, the suspenseful instrumental, the heartfelt lyrics!! one of my favourite 80s songs, i remember screaming this on my karaoke machine when i was younger hahah
12. tina turner - i personally prefer the bonnie version, but the tina version is v good too! i like it more closer to the end when it gets more intense. definitely heard this quite a lot of times in pubs on my Haven Holidays and always gets everyone up on the dancefloor lol. good pick!
13. bjork - time for another unpopular opinion. this is one of my least favourite popular bjork songs. i prefer her music when it's more dark & experimental, whereas this one is very light and theatrical. i do quite like it still and i understand the hype, the way the verses lead up to the chorus is pretty tongue in cheek and fun.
14. lou bega - off topic but has anyone ever noticed that the bop by alesha dixon - the boy does nothing sounds exactly like this? anyway, i never knew lou's version was a cover honestly. this song is always pretty fun. damn i was singing along and the only name i got wrong was i called erica jessica meh i really jumped the gun there.
15. lana del rey - this is probably one of the most effective covers lana has made honestly. this is very chill & smooth and she really matches the song to her own personal style. i almost submitted The Other Woman this week and im kinda glad someone submitted this instead cus i assume this is probably more wide-appealing.
16. kristin chenoweth - i swear somebody new comes out with another cover of this song every other day and they're never going to be as good as the original. the vocals here are good by both but it's just a standard cover which adds very little to the original so it just ends up bein pretty and nothing else.
17. jungkook and jimin - hhhhhhhhwe don't talk anymore. yeah this was honestly just a mess. the vocals were weak and the audio transitioned REALLY awkwardly from their parts to charlie/selenas parts too. all this made me want to do was listen to the original and forget this exists. this was such an experience lmao
18. jennifer saunders - i honestly only like this because of Shrek 2. it should be illegal to listen to this track without having this iconic scene in mind honestly. HIT IT!!!!!!

19. holly valance - RANT TIME. I WANTED TO SUBMIT THIS BUT GOOGLE TOLD ME THIS WAS NOT ACTUALLY A 'COVER' SO I ENDED UP DISMISSING IT SO IF THIS ENDS UP WINNING... fack my life. this song is so gay naughties lmao. what a guilty pleasure. just noticed this song does sound a bit like everyway that i can by sertab (both turkish bops ig)
20. christina - fucking GRRRRROWL binch. i feel so uncultured but i never realised that the avicii/flo rida tracks were sampling etta james until just there LMAO. but yeah this is another entry that just confuses me - it doesn't really offer anything new from the original so i have virtually no opinion on this. she sounded good and it was a decent enough listen?
21. kygo & whitney - as always, whitney's vocals are serving me everything. kygo is probably my favourite dj right now, but this production isn't as strong as his other stuff has been. i prefer when he does the more euphoric sounding tropical house like in it aint me/firestone. this track is a bit more average & generic but it's enjoyable enough and seems like the type that'll maybe grow.
22. meg myers - there are several strong covers of this song honestly. my personal favourite is Placebo's version and that was my backup song entry this week. this version was actually pretty decent, but it's not distinct enough from the ICONIC original to have a lasting impact on me
23. jose gonzalez - ok this was really great and definitely in my taste range. not reliance on cheap tricks. i found the whole thing incredibly soothing. this is by far the best out of all of the tracks i hadn't heard before today, however there are a LOT that i had heard prior to this.
24. geri halliwell - like most of the entries this week, this is actually an average cover that i prob wouldn't care for if i heard it for the first time today, but i'm so familiar with this cover (i think i've heard this more than the weather girls version) that i ironically like it. i used to be so obsessed with this between the ages of like 5-10. maybe me singing it around the school playground was the reason all the other kids thought i was gay? hm.
25. ATC - i may be the only person in this competition that had never heard this song before today. it does seem very catchy, but i don't experience the same nostalgia everybody else will when they hear it. but ye this is fun LOL

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!