This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 332

Topic » TSC 332

2035 days 1 hour ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Saara Aalto - It's a fine opener. DEFINITELY better than her last entry.
02) Rilan - It's an absolute mess, and not one that I think I can get behind.
03) Yoko Ono - The instrumentation is actually rather pretty, but as a whole, it's a total snoozefest.
04) Alice Chater - Quite good until she does THAT with her voice. You know what THAT is.
05) Nicki Minaj - Would now be a good time to tell y'all that I'm not really into Nicki like that. I much prefer her as a featured artist that doesn't have to carry an entire song. Actually enjoy this one, though.
06) The Faim - Not really my style, but I can recognize that it's pretty well done. Much prefer the chorus to the verses.
07) Ayesha Erotica - I think if I was a musician, this would be my aesthetic. The main reason being a complete lack of talent. But, like, yes for being totally sex positive.
08) Florence + The Machine - Have not heard this. Think it could be REALLY good with a banging chorus, and THERE IT IS. I genuinely prefer this to a lot of her stuff that's been used in TSC before it.
09) George Maple - This girl has really brought it in TSC thus far, huh? This is GOOD. Class.
10) Paloma Faith - Lurve me some Paloma. She's certainly got better, but I'm still into this.
11) Afrojack - This is eligible? Thought it was a bigger hit. Eeeeek. I prefer the original, surprisingly.
12) Grace Vanderwaal - Was going to say that Grace has been a good addition to the TSC staples list, but the boring chorus here is making me rethink that. Could have exploded, but it turned the overall entry into a little bit of a bore. 
13) Jenni Vartiainen - Based on some of the comments I saw, I thought this was going to be pure trash. I actually REALLY FUCKING LIKE IT.
14) Amanda Jenssen - I like her energy a lot, but as it was with Rick as well, it's a little style over substance.
15) Sigala - Ella truly fucking delivered here, and I DO think it mostly makes up from the... other... "performances" in this entry.
16) David Guetta - WHEN LOVE TAKES O-...oh. Oh, no.
17) Billy Raffoul - I surprisingly don't mind this, and actually am leaning towards liking it. It's got a bit of an older feel to it, and I think that's what's doing it for me.
18) Kelsy Karter - Had this on my list at the end of last year. Definitely regret not sending it.
19) Captain Cuts - Not really a TSC type entry, but it's coo'. Like the use of vocals on the chorus, which is definitely a hit or miss thing for me.
20) LYAN - The drop was pretty bad, but I actually was vibing to the rest of it.
21) Slash - Not my thing. You already knew that, though.
22) HYOLYN - It's pretty chill, but also pretty meh.
23) Kodaline - Definitely not what I was expecting. It's a fine closer, just afraid there are definitely 10 entries that I preferred to this.
2034 days 20 hours ago
Arris
13) Dancy and basic. There was nothing really interesting going on here. Listen and forget type of song. The drop was cute, though.
14) Not bad, but kind of dragged.
15) Yeah this one was fine. Very catchy.
16) Sort of adorable. Her voice sounded so cute, but other than that it was super generic.
17) As the lyric go 'something going on'... indeed. It's very refreshing, I really liked the raspy vocals and melody overall.
18) Very interesting. There's something about her. It's like a mix between Amy Winehouse/Paloma Faith.
19) Super generic like many other songs this contest. Unfortunately this one seems a little bit too bland between so many other similar tracks.
20) Quite good. There is something going on here. It's like between arty and generic, and it works.
21) This one was not bad either.  I love me some rock every now and then. Nice listen!
22) Cute but the vocals were little bit too much Barbie like for me.
23) Good finishing entry. I liked it. Really high production values.
2034 days 18 hours ago
Aquamarine
01) Saara Aalto
Eurovision queen.
I wonder who entered this.
Must have been Felix.

02) Rilan
Oh, whites and one black.
His look kind of frightens me.
I guess I liked it.

03) Yoko Ono
What a fucking joke.
Oh you've done me a bother.
Go on, click leave group.

04) Alice Chater
A discount Kylie.
Questionably transgender.
What generic pop.

05) Nicki Minaj
The night is still young,
this song certainly isn't.
Rest in peace Nicki.

06) The Faim
Offensively white.
Fishing for a bibbles vote.
Unless this is her.

07) Ayesha Erotica
Let's have a gangbang.
I'm gonna kiss you with cum.
Look at me daddy.

08) Florence + The Machine
I don't get the love.
Never really been a fan.
Let's have a gangbang.

09) George Maple
She's a disco ball!
Her titties are hanging out!
Wait what was the song?

10) Paloma Faith
I'm already bored of the damn haikus so yeah congrats Paloma Faith on being boring enough to piss me off. It wasn't offensively bad but it was just here.

11) Afrojack
I've known this song forever and I love it, I think I once thought of submitting it but checked how Afrojack and the like do and changed my mind.

12) Grace VanderWaal
Please someone explain to me why the cat ladies of America decided it was a good idea to vote for her on AGT and give her a career because I've HAD it.

13) Jenni Vartianen
I'm so glad I came back to TSC just in time for someone to submit a fucking foreign song so that I could vote it down into oblivion.

14) Amanda Jenssen
LMFAO I wanted to hate this so bad and I really didn't and I don't know why asofdusoufudsofudsoifuodsu

15) Sigala, Ella Eyre, Meghan Trainor
I swear to god every single contest I have ever participated in has a song from Ella Eyre in it and I comment about it every time. Please someone tell Meghan Trainor to stop making her own music and do features full time.

16) David Guetta
This is like the epitome of an MORP song that's just FINE.

17) Billy Raffoul
OH NO. NOW YOU'VE GONE AND DONE IT. YOU'VE DONE ME A GREAT BOTHER. THIS IS LIKE PASSENGER BUT WORSE.

18) Kelsy Karter
Oh look at this another disco ball. This is exactly what happens when you give any indie girl $50,000 and the thought to hire a music producer.

19) Captain Cuts, Zookeper
This reminded me too much of Zara Larsson and now I am hashtag TRIGGERED.

20) LYAN
I like her. I don't know if I love the song. I like her though. Ok.

21) Slash
The fact that I found this more pleasant than a lot of the other songs is very problematic in its own right.

22) HYOLYN
I go away for like 50 contests and I see we're still entering this nonsense every single week. It's not music. It all sounds the same. Make it stop. Please.

23) Kodaline
You know I remember them in old TSC contests and I feel like I didn't like them but their recent music has really grown on me.
2034 days 7 hours ago
Insanity
22) HYOLYN
I go away for like 50 contests and I see we're still entering this nonsense every single week. It's not music. It all sounds the same. Make it stop. Please.

Nah
2034 days 5 hours ago
DallasAndrew
01) Saara Aalto - "Don't Deny Our Love" 'This video is not available'. And I didn't find another one.
02) Rilan - "Moneytalk" Rythmatic but also cheap. Average.
03) Yoko Ono - "I'm Going Away Smiling" Interpreted by a musician this would sound truly nice, but she has nothing to do with singing.
04) Alice Chater - "Hourglass" That scream sounds amazing, I wonder if she's able to put it on live. The song is bad though.
05) Nicki Minaj - "The Night Is Still Young" Never liked something from her, this is no exception and it isn't even one of the better from herself.
06) The Faim - "Summer Is A Curse" Finally something decent, but not memorable.
07) Ayesha Erotica - "Gangbang" 'This video is not available'. And I didn't find another one. I hope I'll find 10 available videos to be able to give points.
08) Florence + The Machine - "No Light, No Light" They produce quality music but their later work doesn't have the same appeal it used to. It's good anyway.
09) George Maple - "Hero" So average, it said nothing to me.
10) Paloma Faith - "Loyal" Great voice, great artist! The song has some power, it's not outstanding.
11) Afrojack ft. Wrabel - "Ten Feet Tall" Why did he need a DJ there, his voice and the rythm is great, but the instrumental chorus is just not something I would appreciate. Half of it would have got my 12 instantly.
12) Grace Vanderwaal - "City Song" She has a nice timber, the music is bland.
13) Jenni Vartiainen - "Voulez Vous" As I always say when I hear Finnish, it's such a pleasant language. The only pleasant thing of the whole song.
14) Amanda Jenssen - "Dry My Soul" Retro and so much energy, very efficient. Also a very good voice.
15) Sigala, Ella Eyre, Meghan Trainor ft. French Montana - "Just Got Paid" Big names, small results. Something I won't remember 2 more songs later.
16) David Guetta ft. Madison Beer - "Blame It On Love" Ok, we're starting to get a lot past TSC's spirit by bringing all this big names. I'm totally surprised but I've liked the song, the music is nice and catchy.
17) Billy Raffoul - "Forever" This was amazing, so catchy! I don't know how it would have sounded without his voice, he added something great as well, also a good video.
18) Kelsy Karter - "Out of Drugs" Copying Amy Winehouse? She has a good voice, the music is classy. Not bad, but I've heard better.
19) Captain Cuts, Zookëper ft. Georgia Ku - "Do You Think About Me" Very-very boring.
20) LYAN ft. Serel - "One Thing" Very good prechorus, then it's all ruined.
21) Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators - "Driving Rain" Another big name? This is part of the category of good music, very efficient.
22) HYOLYN - "See Sea" Apart from the guitar in the end it goes absolutely nowhere. Not the worst Korean thing (I guess) I've heard though.
23) Kodaline - "Hell Froze Over" I like this style of them as well. Very good ending.
2033 days 23 hours ago
DallasAndrew
Songs number 1&7 comments:

01) Saara Aalto - "Don't Deny Our Love" Well, it's simple and quite cheap, unnoticeable.
07) Ayesha Erotica - "Gangbang" Not as bad as expecting, still pretty trashy. Also the lyrics... not impressed by cheap vulgarity.
2033 days 22 hours ago
LornaHollas
11. Afrojack ft. Wrabel “Ten Feet Tall" – Not a fan of the voice and the beat drop was just ok
12. Grace Vanderwaal "City Song" – I really enjoyed her voice, it makes the whole song more enjoyable
13. Jenni Vartiainen "Voulez Vous" – I’m a bit torn on this one as I found the verses too long and boring but really enjoyed the chorus and beat drop.
14. Amanda Jenssen "Dry My Soul" – love love love this! This is the music I stan!
15. Sigala, Ella Eyre, Meghan Trainor ft. French Montana "Just Got Paid" – I’ve heard this before, I swore it was released in 2014 or 2015! It’s an enjoyable song and I didn’t even mind French Montana’s part!
16. David Guetta ft. Madison Beer "Blame It On Love" – This song passed me by tbh, it seems like radio friendly filler.
17. Billy Raffoul "Forever" – The voice takes a bit of warming too but overall it is a fun song.
18. Kelsy Karter "Out of Drugs"- Is this Paloma again? It sounds just like her! I really enjoyed this song.
19. Captain Cuts, Zookëper ft. Georgia Ku "Do You Think About Me"- 3 seconds in and I already had doubts that I would like this. A bit generic and not something I would return to.
20. LYAN ft. Serel "One Thing" – This song was a bit of a snoozefest tbh
21. Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators "Driving Rain" – This definitely sounds like guns and roses without axl rose and I actually quite enjoyed it
22. HYOLYN "See Sea" – LiukBB “No kpop to review YASSSSSSSS”
HYOLYN: https://media.giphy.com/media/FBWUThsXrmfDO/giphy.gif
23. Kodaline "Hell Froze Over" – not bad but just a bit bland
2033 days 19 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Saara Aalto – Ooo the beat is there and it is wonderful to the ears and she has got that unique voice that puts it over the edge
02) Rilan – I feel like he is trying but it all sounds lazy with the music being the worst on using that generic beat that gets old fast and he had potential in that voice which went to waste
03) Yoko Ono – Oh god I never heard something so dull in my lifetime and confidently I can say that this is utter shit that is never going to get played again
04) Alice Chater – I am sadly not liking it with that electronic music not working and her voice is not pulling through and it doesn’t even sound original
05) Nicki Minaj – This is not her best work for sure but I admire her vocals that are hard to imitate and does make it tolerable at least
06) The Faim – I’m rocking my head up and down to this wicked beat that is shining my day and they sure can sing which is good enough for me to enjoy it
07) Ayesha Erotica – This is hilarious on how awful it is like she was saying what was coming to her mind and put random music over it and claim it as a song that no one would pay for
08) Florence + The Machine – To be honest I am disappointed in this since I was expecting something better with the music overpowering it and wasn’t even that memorable
09) George Maple – This is very artistic in sound which is an interesting technique and all but a problem is that it sounds more like it belongs in the trash with all the elements not working together
10) Paloma Faith – I’m trying my hardest to get along with it but the music is just irritating me to no ends and I don’t like the style of her vocals which leaves a bad taste in my mouth
11) Afrojack – Now this is more like it with his voice being on par and music used rightly that makes me fall in love with it and its such a good dance anthem
12) Grace Vanderwaal – She is a unique artist for that matter but I don’t like her squeaky vocals here and it all seemed very lacklustre and unappealing 
13) Jenni Vartiainen – What on earth am I even listening to, the music uses the same 3 beats throughout and is causing me to go in a trance to fall asleep
14) Amanda Jenssen – Yes I’m clicking my fingers along to such a wonderful upbeat song that has it all with her voice being on fire
15) Sigala – Oh my I am loving this from the get go with all of their voices making it work and boy it is so catchy and dare I say that I want to repeat it straight away
16) David Guetta – I’m not feeling anything coming from this that sounds basic and unoriginal for that matter and let me say that the chorus will go down in history as the worst thing ever heard
17) Billy Raffoul – He has got that grainy voice which is different but at the same time is not bringing that much here and I’m just not liking it all
18) Kelsy Karter – I feel like I’m on drugs trying to listen to this with her slow and nauseating it is as a whole that makes me sick
19) Captain Cuts – Okay the beat is good and I can’t say the same to the vocals which are on a different level of mess and discomfort
20) LYAN – She has got one fine voice that can be echoed around but the music oh the music is not good and it shows especially in the chorus
21) Slash – Nope it is all too clucky with too much going on which is a bad thing with the instrumental and vocals not tuning together
22) HYOLYN – The music was going great and then they started singing and I can’t stand their voices which don’t sound pleasant and more annoying
23) Kodaline – His vocals are powerful and boy this is a marvellous song that brings the energy and has that beat which makes me want to join along
2033 days 16 hours ago
Insanity17
01) Saara Aalto- She has a very outdated sounding quality to her voice or it might just be that the song itself sounds dated. She’s a good singer, but the song itself is rather boring. 
02) Rilan- The beat is rather catchy, but the song itself is generic and unsubstantial. Sounds rather trashy in my opinion.
03) Yoko Ono- Very simple and pretty. I like her cute accent.
04) Alice Chater- Didn’t grab my attention, which the background music seems to imply it should. The head voice part is pretty weak, and it was rather repetitive at the end. 
05) Nicki Minaj- This is okay, but it feels un-Nickiish to me. It may be because I overplayed this back in 2014 for a solid month, but it doesn’t have the oomph I expect from her.
06) The Faim- The subwoofer effect on his voice is grating in the beginning. Not really feeling this one.
07) Ayesha Erotica- The record scratch was interesting and that’s all I have to say. I’m really looking forward to seeing what bibbles thinks about this.
08) Florence + The Machine- I just love Ms. Welch’s voice. Her vibrato is so distinct. Not my favorite FATM song, but it’s still good. There’s a great dynamic sound and it has some power.
09) George Maple- Most of this sounded like gibberish to me. There was too much happening. Also, there wasn’t a moment that grabbed my attention.
10) Paloma Faith- I like the dynamics of this. I’m not really a fan of her voice in the more spoken parts, but when she soars, it’s magical.
11) Afrojack- Wrabel is so good. Bit overplayed for me at this point. The beat is standard and cheapens this for me.
12) Grace Vanderwaal- Cute song. Her tone really shines here, but Moonlight is still the better entry in my opinion. 
13) Jenni Vartiainen- Probably the most generic sounding song thus far. The language is the most interesting part about this song.
14) Amanda Jenssen- Her tone is cool, I like the breaks and her vibrato. I’m indifferent about the song, very inoffensive.
15) Sigala- This song is me every other Thursday night when my direct deposit kicks in. I love the energy of this song. I’m obsessed with Ella’s voice.
16) David Guetta- Madison’s voice sounds kind of nasally. It didn’t grab my attention. Where’s the production David?
17) Billy Raffoul- This has a quirky sound to it that I find mesmerizing. It just made me smile.
18) Kelsy Karter- Her voice is annoying and grating in some parts. It feels incomplete, like something is missing.
19) Captain Cuts- No substance, nice beat. Very basic and true to it’s genre.
20) LYAN- This eventually just blurred into a mess in my head. Her voice is cool, but this song didn’t do anything for me.
21) Slash- This sounds familiar, probably heard it in an ad or something. I like the vocal, but the music is very raucous for me.
22) HYOLYN- She kind of sounds like Paris Hilton in Stars are Blind in some parts, but like the chorus goes off.
23) Kodaline- Pretty disappointing for a contest closer. Nothing special or attention grabbing in this one.
2033 days 12 hours ago
adeleadele
01) Saara Aalto- Queen Saara Aalto! Love her voice so much! The song is pretty catchy too, but she has better
02) Rilan- Yikes at those vocals. Also yikes at the song and the lyrics. this was so awful in literally every aspect.
03) Yoko Ono- LOL queen! Tbh i do like the instrumental, it's quite beautiful! I do like this tbh.....but ik she can't sing. but i can't either so like i can relate.
04) Alice Chater- Oh wow that beat! I was literally moving to this high key! A amazing upbeat song, i really hope this wins!
05) Nicki Minaj- Ok.. im biased cuz i always say this is my fav song from Nicki Minaj, masterpiece, amazing, but it will flop cuz it's too popular :P
06) The Faim- If this wins i quit tsc cuz this is the definetion of a generic sterotypical tsc winner, to me this is just boring and meh, not like "bad" though.
07) Ayesha Erotica- Me at "gangbang". Ok it's a troll entry lol :P I feel like people just look for hours to find the most lyrically gross songs. I don't like this... like it's getting a bit old..
08) Florence + The Machine- This was released in 2011 and a pretty popular artist. I don't recall listening to this before though... It's quite good overall tbh, perhaps it dragged a bit, but still a good entry.
09) George Maple- Ok im liking it so far... i hope the chorus is good! Oh. ok. It did not really take off like i was hoping for. It's good but it could of been GREAT, it's still a nice entry overall, but idk how it will do in the contest.
10) Paloma Faith- I consider a week a strong week if more than 10 songs are over 70%, so far it's looking that way :P It's a pretty good listen overall! Like #8 It dragged a bit, but this one had a bit more of a punch in the chorus!

First 10 songs i listened too. Will listen to the rest tomorrow :)

Great start!
2033 days 11 hours ago
Patrick319
01) Saara Aalto - Wild Wild Wonderland as an album did not disappoint, and this is such a great embodiment of Saara's current work. Tbh this might be one of her best. Very solid track.
02) Rilan - I get that this is supposed to be a dance track but the vocals make it sound like a joke entry. The chorus is also not living up to everything that preceded. Overall, it leaves me feeling empty.
03) Yoko Ono - Her last entry was better simply for comedic purposes. This was just dark and depressing. Not great.
04) Alice Chater - Considered submitting this. It's quite good, despite sounding a little cheap and dated. The chorus also fizzles out a bit too soon for me to enjoy. Like I said, it's good, but could be better executed.
05) Nicki Minaj - Lol @ one of you bitches submitting Nicki. Thankfully, you sent one of my favourite Nicki songs from back when I enjoyed Nicki. BOP.
06) The Faim - Nice start. Building nicely. The chorus snapped. I wish the vocal wasn't as muffled, but this fits all the criteria needed for me to enjoy a song like this. Good pick.
07) Ayesha Erotica - Awful. Nothing of substance lyrically, and the overreliance on digital effects tells you everything. Worst one yet.
08) Florence + The Machine - I didn't realize this was old at first, lol. There's not much to say about this until the chorus, which snaps. I'm glad the second verse keeps up the energy rather than falling back into dreariness as it keeps me from intermittently losing interest throughout the song. The last minute was a bit extra, but it's a solid effort.
09) George Maple - Kryptonite comparisons incoming. This is quite good though Kryptonite was far more immediate and more importantly, catchy. This feels more like an art piece, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's not something I would listen to on repeat.
10) Paloma Faith - Better than Warrior. Weaker than Til I'm Done. Nonetheless, it's a very solid ballad.
11) Afrojack - This song used to be my jam, and I'm surprised it hasn't been entered yet. Anyways, this is a definite feel-good song for me personally and brings back a lot of positive memories.
12) Grace VanderWaal - This might be her best TSC effort yet, though that's assuming I remember anything about her previous entries. I don't. I doubt I'll remember anything about this either, but it's cute.
13) Jenni Vartiainen - I've heard this before. It's very low-key, but it works. The comments have been surprisingly unimpressed, but I dig it.
14) Amanda Jenssen - Amanda was the very first artist that I ever sent to TSC, and also my very first win! For that reason she has a special place in my heart, but I can't necessarily say the same about her music since I don't think I've listened to her since 2011 LOL. This wan't really my thing, but it sounds polished and professional. Not bad.
15) Sigala, Ella Eyre, Meghan Trainor ft. French Montana - It's time for the stars! Can't say I'm impressed.
16) David Guetta - Another solid vocal wasted on a generic production. Like song #15, I'm far from impressed.
17) Billy Raffoul - Digging this. Might be better than his last entry. I wish the chorus went a bit harder, but his voice is killer, so I can't make any complaints about this. It's solid stuff.
18) Kelsy Karter - Fantastic voice, but the song is far from being the most interesting thing in the world. But still, likely a contender.
19) Captain Cuts, Zookëper ft. Georgia Ku - I like her voice. Like with the other EDM entries, the production is quite generic but I find this to be a lot catchier than either song 15 or 16. I feel like this is the definition of fast food music, but it ain't bad.
20) LYAN - Nice voice, but the song is dull. Wasn't expecting the EDM breakdown. I don't think it added anything to the song.
21) Slash - I didn't like it, but I'm not the person to judge this.
22) HYOLYN - It's weaker relative to the other more recent K-pop submissions but it has a nice tropical vibe to it. Maybe a little forgettable though.
23) Kodaline - Daily reminder that Follow Your Fire was robbed. This didn't live up to expectations, but it was pleasant.
2033 days 9 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Saara Aalto ~ My friend met her last week, lol! The verses in this felt pretty lame so thank god the chorus had at least some impact to go on. Good beat, it’s a fine song overall.
Rilan ~ A bit meh if I’m honest. Again though, the chorus wasn’t bad at all but I feel like I wouldn’t return to this.
Yoko Ono ~ For me one of the worst of the year...congrats?
Alice Chater ~ Not a song I’m overly bowled over by but it certainly holds the most quality up to now. Very catchy chorus.
Nicki Minaj ~ There are elements of oldskool Nicki that I do miss - this one reminds me of the superbass days. It’s a fine song although the slower tempo in the chorus kinda let it down. I enjoyed it more than others though all the same.
The Faim ~ We strongly needed a Male haha! A little bit Panic!, a little bit Imagine Dragons... a little bit more up my alley than anything else up to now. It’s certainly not the most ‘original’ sound for the genre, but I’m digging it regardless, I’ll take it!
Ayesha Erotica ~ Whoever sent this deserves to be banned from the group. I’m perplexed as to just HOW one can enjoy something so awful and violating.
Florence + The Machine ~ I know this and I’m surprised it’s never been entered. Truthfully, I’ve never been the biggest fan of her work, but that doesn’t stop me appreciating what a production powerhouse she is. This song is definitely in the upper tier for me, and I love the kick in the chorus. Mad I never thought to enter it! Wouldn’t be shocked if this wins.
George Maple ~ Who else spotted the Boy Meets Girl sample? This overall was very good, her vocal, while a little numbly, was pleasant, and I enjoyed the whole seductive feel of this - not to mention the subtle synth, but who’s shocked there? Could have used an extra kick, but it should still do well do me.
Paloma Faith ~ Truthfully I was deterred from this song as it reminded me of a muggy Love Island contestant who kept insinuating to everyone how ‘loyal’ she was (she cheated on the guy she met there this week... very ‘Lotal, babes...’) :|. Annnyyyhoo, I wasn’t that keen on this, I liked the choice of style, but I got bored after a while. I like her more uptempo with a little more, but her vocal remains amazing regardless.
Afrojack ft Wrabel ~ The latter have been on my list for ages, although this song really was only ok. I miss ‘Take Over Control’/‘NO BEEF’!!! (I bloody loved that one but alas it’s too long a song for here) Afrojack. This felt familiar but probably because I’ve heard about 3000 similar songs.
Grace VanderWaal ~ She is a child and I feel mean criticising her. This is probably her weakest entry to date though, I didn’t feel it went anywhere, and the lyrics were also subpar. I think she strains her vocal a little too much at times, which at the age she is, I’d be worried about. STILL THOUGH it’s bit an awful song, it’s fairly sweet and will probs sneak a point.
Jenni Vartiainen ~ Charli? Tolis? The production was quite plinky which I enjoyed, gave me old INNA vibes. It didn’t blow me away but it was fine overall.
Amanda Jenssen ~ Love her vocal, although this song got a little repetitive after a while. Still fairly solid.
Sigala ~ Good production, and Ella is great as per. Definite ‘feel good’ factor to this song despite the message, lol. Enjoyed it.
David Guetta ~ Remenber when I got trashed for sending him? Because same! Anyway for his standards this was...bad. Very lame.
Billy Raffoul ~ He reminds me of a few artists in one, which for me is good. In this case I’m getting Springsteen vibes. Enjoyed the whole flow of this song, and he makes rather a cute caretaker!
Kelsy Karter ~ Oh gurl, less is more... stop faffing around with your vocal, it depletes the overall quality of the song. It’s fine, it has a nice vintage feel, but her voice is a miss. The guy in the video is VERY hot oooh.
Captain Cuts ~ It started off well but ended up being a big, messy mound of NO.
LYAN ~ Also a mess... featuring added dreary verses. No thanks.
Slash ~ Dude must be getting on a bit now! This was actually one of the better songs so far, weird. Think this would tank in a stronger contest, could do well in this one. Liked the chorus a lot.
HYOLYN ~ It’s not bad but it failed to really ‘go’ anywhere. The English lyrics helped me realise the song is pretty generic in style and writing.
Kodaline ~ They never really let me down and this was a nice closer :)
2033 days 6 hours ago
bibbles
01) Saara Aalto – I remember when I used to listen to kissfm and they played this sort of stuff 24/7, which is why I switched to xfm!! Its okay, shes a bit shrill in places!
02) Rilan – his voice is a bit strange, not enjoying the lyrics, oh he swore!!
03) Yoko Ono – she cant sing, without John Lennon, shes would never have been famous!!
04) Alice Chater – with headphones on that start was really creepy!! “You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar when I met you.” Its okay.
05) Nicki Minaj – not even if hell froze over!!!
06) The Faim – it’s a bit like 1975 meets imagine dragon!!
07) Ayesha Erotica – I shocked and appalled that this is even on youtube! We find sexual violence acceptable now!!  I agree with TP!
08) Florence + The Machine – never been a fan, still not a fan!! But after the last song, its cleansing!
09) George Maple – its okay, feels like ive heard it all before.  It’s a bit samey!
10) Paloma Faith – never been a fan of Paloma either. Its okay.
11) Afrojack – feels like a big production, not liking the dancy bit.  its not too bad!
12) Grace Vanderwaal – her singing is quite grating, the tune is okay.
13) Jenni Vartiainen – the beat thing was a tad annoying, but its okay.
14) Amanda Jenssen – I quite liked this, a tad repetitive, but I liked the beat, the energy and the vocals were okay.
15) Sigala – I think its ella eyre that sings first and it sounds likes she spitting when she says paid!!  Its okay! – the rapping guy wasn’t needed!!
16) David Guetta – another dj! And another song with swearing!!
17) Billy Raffoul – strange, twee music with growling!! Its okay. Weird ending!!
18) Kelsy Karter – sounds likes she trying way too hard to sing that way!! Just sing normal!! The tune is okay!!
19) Captain Cuts – its all blurring into one!!!
20) LYAN – wheres panic when you need him!!
21) Slash – amazing!!
22) HYOLYN – and back to normal tsc!!
23) Kodaline –take out song 22 and this was a good 2 song ending!!
2033 days 6 hours ago
QueenMichelle
01) Saara Aalto - Starting off this contest w/ my idol, and I'm annoyed it wasn't me who sent her. This song is ICONIC and one of the best off the album. I saw her irl 2 weeks ago in concert and she literally SNAPPED with this song. She sounds so good irl. This will definitely get high points regardless of the other songs cause I know like nothing will compare to this bop.
02) Rilan - This was quite catchy in the chorus, but also I felt like this was kinda cheap.. I'm not overly keen on it, his vocals could be a lot better. But it's trashy which I kinda like.
03) Yoko Ono - I loved the instruments, they were beautiful, but I could do without her in general LOL. Just have the instruments. The way she sings this is so strange and I'm not sure if she's actually that good of a singer. But it wasn't horrible.
04) Alice Chater - Someone's bitch ass stole this from me this week and yes I'm still angry. I won't be bitter tho because this song is too good. I've played this so many times and I'm still not tired of it. This could definitely win imo.
05) Nicki Minaj - The start of this song always snatches me, chorus is not amazing but I used to hate it, it's kinda grown on me. I miss this old Nicki. I hope she revisits this sound. By the end of the song I was pleased.
06) The Faim - I really enjoyed this. The chorus especially. It was very melodic and catchy and I love that about this. I wouldn't mind this winning either tbh.
07) Ayesha Erotica - 5 seconds in and I already have a headache. Normally I'd find this funny but this just annoyed the fuck out of me. Like the noises just put me right off.
08) Florence + The Machine - I was iffy on this till the chorus, then I was sold on it. I love Florence when she has the power in her voice, don't get me wrong I don't mind her soft singing but she's at her best when she snaps like in the chorus. I'm liking it.
09) George Maple - I fucking adore this. The start of this song was beautiful then the chorus came and I was just in love w/ this. It's just really pleasant to listen to. She's stunning.
10) Paloma Faith - I enjoyed the chorus, but everything else was just kinda meh. I got kinda bored after a while. Paloma is a great vocalist but I'm just not here for this song overall.
11) Afrojack - I love Wrabel. This song has everything I like. Great vocals, nice build up, iconic drop. This was like kinda almost perfect. I can't locate a flaw.
12) Grace Vanderwaal - I wanted to enjoy this. I enjoyed the first bit but as it went on I lost interest. Doesn't compare to 'Clearly' imo.
13) Jenni Vartiainen - Very generic europop song. I mean it was kinda enjoyable but there's nothing special about this. Could've been a lot better with different production.
14) Amanda Jenssen - Interesting, reminds me of that Kesha song we had a few weeks ago. Really like her tone, and I actually like how this progressed. I was pleased with this by the time it was over.
15) Sigala - A cute little summer bop. I actually find a lot of Sigala's music annoying but I'm kinda here for this. It's defo just a feel good song, there's not much substance. Still nice tho.
16) David Guetta - Madison's tone is really nice, especially in this song. I like the rhythm of this also. The build up is really nice, and ya'll know I'm a whore for a good drop and I liked the distorted vocals too. Overall just a bop.
17) Billy Raffoul - I personally really disliked his voice. Really don't like the straining. Like that doesn't sound nice to me. And the song is boring too.
18) Kelsy Karter - I love these type of vintage / sultry songs, so as you can probably tell I enjoyed this. Quite nice overall. There could be little things changed but I'm fine w/ this.
19) Captain Cuts - Okay now I was waiting for something like this. I am HERE for this. Oh this is such a fucking bop. Loved the start, the drop was quite nice. I liked this a lot.
20) LYAN - I was also here for this. The start was questionable but it built up very nicely and I REALLY enjoyed that drop. Def will get points off me.
21) Slash - Oh ABSOLUTELY not. I won't say anything good about this bc I can't find anything good about it. It's overall just a really boring normal rock song that I am not enjoying.
22) HYOLYN - I mean it was a cute little song. I'm not like OVERLY keen on it though. There's like not much else to say, it was just okay.
23) Kodaline - This was a nice enough closer. I didn't like the 'oh-oh's' but everything else was good. Wouldn't go out of my way to listen to this tho.
2033 days 4 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) Saara Aalto        This is probably the worst song of hers I've listened to
02) Rilan        This sounds like bad 2000s edgy post boy band split single but with terrible vocals
03) Yoko Ono        i do not like this
04) Alice Chater        Other than the screeching... i was bopping along
05) Nicki Minaj        i liked it... but like.... it didn't go where i wanted it to... like the chorus was not as strong as i would like
06) The Faim        Yea.... no.....
07) Ayesha Erotica        i don't hate it.... because.... you know i love my trash
08) Florence + The Machine        i want to like her... but i can't get into her... but i somewhat was okay with this
09) George Maple        Basic
10) Paloma Faith        i love me paloma... but i need bops not ballads
11) Afrojack        Classic bop
12) Grace Vanderwaal        anthemic female songs don't get to me
13) Jenni Vartiainen        well this was nice... it reminds me of something else, but I can't place it
14) Amanda Jenssen        this is gonna do well
15) Sigala        I mean... a bop is a bop
16) David Guetta        the drop did not hook me, also hating her voice
17) Billy Raffoul        grats on getting points from bibbs
18) Kelsy Karter        another one that will do well
19) Captain Cuts        i honestly have no idea who will win this week
20) LYAN        i get it... but i wsan't super sold on it
21) Slash        oh dear gosh no
22) HYOLYN        i haven't seen steve's comment, but I have to agree that this was too sugary
23) Kodaline        oooh more songs for bibbs to give points to

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!