This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 318 Final

Topic » TSC 318 Final

2133 days 14 hours ago
MJFJUNE
01) Couldn't understand it but the beat was fine, kinda Generic.
02) Couldn't understand it, again, but this one was actually catchy
03) Couldn't understand it...again. But this kinda sounded like what DJs play while they go on a bathroom break
04) I liked the vibe of this, definitely something I'd go back and listen to
05) I'll probably forget about this by time I finish these reviews
06) This one is tough. The chorus is a mess but the rest is fine
07) This was fine, I certainly didn't hate it but I wasn't loving it either
08) Great vocals but just it enough to keep me invested
09) Yeah his voice isn't doing it for me. Kinda sounded like his nose was plugged while recording this
10) I didn't think I was gonna like this as much as I did but I loved it
11) This was ok. Idrk if there's much else to say
12) This one kept my interest until others so
13) Ok i guess? Idk it was kinda weird to me.
15) This sounded like country mixed with EDM and that really fucked with my ears lmao. Not bad I suppose
16) This one just wasn't for me but I think it'll do well
17) Dua Lipa vibes. With that being said, it was fun but not really memorable
18) Ugh I wish her voice wasn't buried behind the music and background vocals cuz I quite liked it
19) Okie dokie, onto #20 we go!
20) Couldn't understand it but oddly enough I enjoyed it
21) I was totally feeling this up until that beat drop wtf was that
22) Nice vibes. I like it
23) Far from bad, just kinda...there
2133 days 7 hours ago
Patrick319
01) Pastora Soler - This passed me by completely. Her Eurovision song was far superior.
02) Polina Gagarina - I tend to really like Russian music as long as it's not a faux peace message specifically written for Eurovision. This was a lot more in the ballpark of the type of Russian music I like. Decent pick.
03) Oku Luukkainen - Cheesy and cheap, but I actually enjoy it. I don't even hate the rap verse. Clearly, I have low standards.
04) Lea Santee - This is very BANKS. I enjoyed it in ESCT, and I'm enjoying it again. Solid choice.
05) Jolin Tsai - *pretends to act surprised* I tend to like Jolin but this didn't impress me much.
06) Grimes - I don't listen to Grimes much since I've always seen her as a bit too avant-garde for my taste. I was expecting this to be a lot better though. I hated her voice here.
07) 3LAU - Good production. The drop snapped. Enjoyed this a lot.
08) MADARA - This should have represented Latvia at Eurovision. Gorgeous song.
09) !!! (Chk Chk Chk) - I was expecting this to be a really bad joke song, but it's indie rock instead. Not a fan.
10) Árstíðir - This is haunting. Thank you for finding me a song I can use in Iceland's national final for ESCT!
11) L'Impératrice - This has a cute feel. I like parts of it (especially the beat), but ultimately it falls a bit flat.
12) Shift K3Y - Great voice. It loses me once the generic beat kicks in. Missed opportunity tbh.
13) Da Zhuang  - Really passive and a little boring.
14) The Dø - The only ø I respect is Mø. This drags a lot and really doesn't go anywhere interesting.
15) Smith & Thell - Cute atmospheric indie vibe. I dig it. A LOT.
16) Sarsa - Polish pop music tends to all sound the same to me. There's something about this that pops though. I like Sarsa's voice, and the chorus is quite good. It's not bad.
17) Elena Tsagkrinou - This is the kind of Greek music I live for. I don't love her voice, but the beat is strong.
18) Oonagh - One of the best songs of the genre I've heard. The chorus SNAPS. I can live without the verses though.
19) Knock Out - Trashy, yet still ethnic-sounding. It's a top notch combination from me. Also the singer is hot.
20) Lorenzo Fragola - Beautiful voice, but the song doesn't do much for me.
21) Red Velvet - I wanted to like this but I've heard better K-pop songs in more recent contests. This never went off as much as I wanted it to.
22) XYLØ - Meh, don't care for this much. They have better songs.
23) Amy Macdonald - I appreciate the artistry here but nothing about this appeals to me.
2132 days 23 hours ago
DallasAndrew
01) Pastora Soler - 'Ni una más' A little basic, but I've enjoyed absolutely everything in it.
02) Polina Gagarina - 'Kamen' na serdce' Started promising, but the chorus flows. It simply doesn't have the power it gennerates in the beginning and becomes quite forgettable. Not bad by any mean, but it didn't give the wanted impact.
03) Oku Luukkainen - 'YsäriBoi (feat. Pasi ja Anssi & Portion Boys)' The cheap one. Don't expect to help that too much.
04) Lea Santee - 'Rollin' Who plays the ESCT contest knows I'm liking this. That dark, mysterious vibe is taking it to another level, the song has a unique style. Maybe the only minus of it would be the vocal abillities, which are nothing special.
05) Jolin Tsai - 'The Great Artist' The instrumental has some interesting parts, but the whole thing is just very linear, boring and way too commercial for my tastes.
06) Grimes - 'Kill V. Maim' Excepting her voice, absolutely nothing remarkable in this one. Just waited it to end.
07) 3LAU - 'Touch (feat. Carly Paige)' It's interesting how it combines 'old' and 'new'. However I'm not a fan of neither of the styles, the music is just bland and very commercial. Her voice is pleasant. I don't know, I might point it for the originality.
08) MADARA - 'Esamība' Again, the ESCT players are knowing this. Very different, it might be a mistake to take it to TSC, many will demolish it from the start, but the music is so apart and beautiful. The tempo is rising nicely throughout the end too creating a powerful impact. Absolutely amazing song!
09) !!! (Chk Chk Chk) - 'Every Little Bit Counts' The same dancing sound I'm hearing every week in way too many songs, hard to impress me by anything.
10) Árstíðir - 'While This Way' The general sound is nice, but his voice in my opinion doesn't fit at all for this song, the music is suggerating something strong while he sounds like a young boy band member that switched the club mode to something more serious.
11) L'Impératrice - 'ERREUR 404' Many were tempted to not start it, believe me. It's ok, nothing to hate nothing to love. Pleasant but not remarkable at all.
12) Shift K3Y - 'Gone Missing (feat. BB Diamond)' From the very first notes I knew it will be a torture. Finally it finished.
13) Da Zhuang - 'We Are Not The Same' Old school! I can't say it stands out by anything but the general sound was very pleasant. Sometimes music being mantained simple is very efficient.
14) The Dø - 'Trustful Hands' Maybe the most boring 5 minutes of my recent time.
15) Smith & Thell - 'Somebody Like You' Good voice, anthemic music, country elements. It's good.
16) Sarsa - 'Pióropusze' She is attractive by her way of singing, I also like the Polish language very much, but the music in this is just not for me at all.
17) Elena Tsagkrinou - 'Pame Ap' Tin Arhi' She has latino vocals. I didn't like it at all.
18) Oonagh - 'Gäa' It goes into the chorus too all of a sudden. Expected more from it after it started, it's still decent.
19) Knock Out - 'Τα καλύτερα παιδιά, έχουν ψυχολογικά (Ta kalytera paidia exoun psyxologika)' The type of thing that wouldn't mind me at all at a party, it's quite needed there, but here, competing in a contest, is just where is not its place.
20) Lorenzo Fragola - 'D'improvviso' So, two songs I've used in ESCT in the same contest, quite unexpeting, I'm flattered :) They are both good, this one is a modern ballad of a very high quality.
21) Red Velvet - 'Peek-a-boo' I was tempting to say I've heard worse, but I'm not really sure.
22) XYLØ - 'Don't Panic' Very nice voice and with that I'll stop with the praise. It wouldn't be that bad if the chorus wasn't that soft and sugary.
23) Amy Macdonald - '4th of July' She's a great artist for sure. I have no idea why a SCottish would sing about 4th of July but whatever. Not her best, not her worst, the song progresses nicely. Reminded me of Blondie a little.
2132 days 22 hours ago
adeleadele
Going to listen to some before i go to bed tonight so i don't have to listen to 23 songs when i wake up at 12 in the afternoon

01) Pastora Soler- Ugh i love her voice sooo much, was not sure about the song at the start, but it started to build and i was starting to enjoy it :0 Yes i love this, it will def do bad in this contest but you got a fan from me and even if u get a poor result their will be me who loves it :)
02) Polina Gagarina- I love russian so much!! I love Polina as well, 2 strong vocalists right at the start :0 The song could of been better like it's a good song, but expected more
03) Oku Luukkainen- This if finnish or estonian? i get the 2 mixed up lol! I liked the opening then when the rap came in i was like yeah........ no. then those other vocals yikes :/  Only thing i like is the chorus it's soo catchy
04) Lea Santee- Eh the song was depressing it brought nothing
05) Jolin Tsai- This week is so trashy im lowkey living for it! This song is so catchy i love it lol! me at the video too LOL
06) Grimes- Those vocals were a..... choice. this was just really bad all around
07) 3LAU- Like it's a good song except that annoying drop, like sooo bad omg. and it was a long one too! every second it went on the lower my score was getting. the noise prob lasted just over a quarter of the song so taking off 30% from my score of 100,
08) MADARA- Thought about sending this as my lazy pre selection entry (but decided to send greta zazza) i love this one though it's a masterpiece!

Gonna stop here better to end off on a high note lol
2132 days 22 hours ago
DrG2
Pastora: just good. Nothing special and kind of boring
Polina: her voice kind of autotune for me and this song is just another boring one
Ysariboi: go home please na na na na
Lea: mmmm is this even fit the theme? Cause I dont see any symbol or non english word
Jolin: OMG welcome queen. Finally something easy listening and have a nice beat. Best song so far
Grimes: doesnt fit the theme
3Lau: bored. Next please
Madara: is this a lullaby song? Well kind of bored in the middle of the song but I love her vocals tho
!!!: wtf is this? Next please
Árstíðir: the most boring song so far, I mean did you really need to build up the song that long and even after that long torture, the song keep bland
L'Impératrice: lol what is this again? Next please
Shift: Finally something nice. Nice verse but that reff just something that need to get fix cause it just didnt give any impact like the verse. Nice song tho
Zhuang: Yasss baby. Give me rock vibe. Nice sound and I love how he build up the song
D0: stay home at ease, hold your breath
Smith: doesnt fit the theme for me
Sarsa: love her voice so much but the song is just kinda off for me. That reff is nice tho but yeah thats it
Elena: Dua lipa vibe? Nice song tho
Oonagh: didnt expect that at all. Wow
Knock out: yyyaaasss daddy knock me out please. The best one so far for me
Lorenzo: the best ballad so far. Will absolutely hear it when I really need something to make me relax
Red: finally a kpop but nothing special about this tho
XYL0: better save the best for last right? I love it
Amy: bored. bye
2132 days 21 hours ago
ricktworick1
Lea: mmmm is this even fit the theme? Cause I dont see any symbol or non english word
Grimes: doesnt fit the theme
Smith: doesnt fit the theme for me

i can't cure stupidity/blindness
2132 days 21 hours ago
DallasAndrew
'As one who didn't understand the theme, how does Amy MacDonald qualify?'

Paradoxally, with a 4, bibbs :))
2132 days 21 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
If you shorten Smith & Thell to just 'Smith'
You're not going to see the symbol
Aye ya ya
2132 days 20 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) Pastora Soler – Yikes. YIKES. That voice just went straight through me. A little dated and I feel like I’m taking stabs at a national icon, but this was a train wreck for me. :’(

02) Polina Gagarina – Flashback to Eurovision where she nearly convinced Europe that Russia was a tolerant place. Politics aside, this isn’t bad. I wish the chorus went off a little bit more. Very solid though. :)

03) Oku Luukkainen – This started off quite rough and then I kind of enjoyed the chorus…then the cheesy beats and rapping lost me completely. I hope you enjoyed yourself Ryan. :p

04) Lea Santee – I could have sworn this had been entered before. Dark and beautiful. Easily one of my favourite ESCT entries and I love it here too.

05) Jolin Tsai – This is a tune. Stunning and every time she’s entered I have always wanted this to be entered instead of her other stuff as for me this is easily the best she has to offer for me :’)

06) Grimes -  This is fine. :) Her voice is a little grating in the chorus and the demented baby noises were not pleasant, but everything else was OK.

07) 3LAU – Enjoyable. I really liked this actually, it had a beautiful vibe throughout and I liked the slightly off beats and how it contrasted with her voice. I love this actually. It mixes up so many different genres which shouldn’t work on paper but it just does. :)

08) MADARA – I can’t get into. I feel uncultured as feck…but just her voice and the cello makes me feel cringe slightly. I can appreciate that many will find this beautiful but for me I just could barely listen to this the whole way through.

09) !!! (Chk Chk Chk) – This is a mess. I did enjoy the video though, even if it does encourage people to act like idiots on live broadcasts which I hate. :p

10) Árstíðir – Stunning. Beautiful. Sublime. Perfect. I was hooked from the moment it started to the moment it ended. The violin gave me goosebumps…his voice was enchanting. I hope this does well tonight as it’s fantastic. :)

11) L'Impératrice – sexy accent and a lovely little song. Very enjoyable. The video was enchanting as well, watching all these images of heartbroken women was very powerful.

12) Shift K3Y – The vocals are the only thing that saves this tbh, the basic drum beat put me right off. The vocals go off though. :)

13) Da Zhuang – This is fine. :) I actually thought the chorus was a lot stronger than the verses, the verses dragged a little tbh.

14) The Dø – Wow. That voice right from the get go had me hooked. I wish it carried on like that the whole time. Very interesting little song, which moments of brilliance for me.

15) Smith & Thell – The type of whispery vocal that I enjoy. It turned into something anthemic towards the end. It’s cool.

16) Sarsa – Maybe I need some drugs to fully enjoy this, but even when not high it was still cool. Her voice is cool and the verses and chorus is good.

17) Elena Tsagkrinou – A fantastic voice. I love the chorus too, yeah it does sound a little like a song we would hear a few years ago, but it also has a timeless quality to it. Very very strong for me. :)

18) Oonagh – She definitely has a magical quality to her voice. I prefer other songs of her like Orome, but this is fine. The chorus makes up for the lacklustre verses. I would say it even sounds like two different songs. :p :)

19) Knock Out – Cringy mess tbh…Trying very hard to replicate the success of Jason Derulo with that saxophone. His rapping / talking was a cringe fest too. :p

20) Lorenzo Fragola – A little depressing. His vocal was just a little off as well for me to fully enjoy it.

21) Red Velvet – eh yeh yeh yeh,,,,wtf is going on in this video. One minute the pizza boy is terrified, the next he’s eating jello with a blindfold on. It’s fine. :p

22) XYLØ – It’s fine. This was tipped as a potential winner at the start of the week and I’m not sure why, it’s OK…nothing earth-shattering for me. :p

23) Amy Macdonald – I feel sorry for her. Her best song was her debut and ever since then she has struggled to live up to that. This is fine…nowhere near as good as her best.
2132 days 18 hours ago
AlanDuncan
FIRST 5

01) Pastora Soler - Oh wow this really sucks.
02) Polina Gagarina - I like the beat more than OMV but this being in Russian will hurt it because I would defo have this Top 5 if English but I won't remember it at the end.
03) Oku Luukkainen - Is this the seagulls from Finding Nemo? I started to like the girl vocalist towards the end but the rapping is unforgivable.
04) Lea Santee - Big production. Meh song. It just came and went.
05) Jolin Tsai - LMAO I liked this. Shoot me now.
2132 days 18 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) Pastora Soler - This felt like it was building up to something but then it was all lost. Definitely not a bad start, it's very pleasant, but I didn't love it.
02) Polina Gagarina - Definitely very Eurovision, I'm usually here for screaming Russian power ballads but something's missing from this one. Again it's pleasant, inoffensive.
03) Oku Luukkainen - Not quite sure what the hell this is but I didn't enjoy it.
04) Lea Santee - The backing here is killer, like that a lot. The vocal doesn't quite elevate this to contender status for me but very solid nonetheless.
05) Jolin Tsai - Lmao K-Pop left shook once again. Jk this wants to be an absolute mess but doesn't even manage that.
06) Grimes - Surprised this hasn't appeared before tbh. The only song of hers I've enjoyed, still digging it.
07) 3LAU - Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. I could comment on this but it's nothing I haven't said 3000 times before when we've had our weekly version of this song appear.
08) MADARA - For some reason I wasn't really into this in the selection but it's gorgeous. The way it speeds up at the end too aaaaa. Love love love.
09) !!! (Chk Chk Chk) - The video is the best thing about this and that's not even that good.
10) Árstíðir - Really wanted to get into this but it didn't build enough for me to love it. Pretty nice though overall.
11) L'Impératrice - Finally a French TSC entry I can get behind! This is really chill, love the backing and the whole vibe to this. Gonna have to add "Safe travels, imbecile" to my everyday vocabulary too.
12) Shift K3Y - This reminds me of the 2012/13 EDM which I really like, I wish there was a bit more substance to the chorus but this was a pleasant surprise.
13) Da Zhuang - Snore.
14) The Dø - I thought this was going to be a lot more interesting than it actually was. Dragged on without really doing anything.
15) Smith & Thell - I'm here for these folksy elements. The chorus was pretty basic but overall a nice package.
16) Sarsa - Inoffensive, didn't hate it, didn't love it.
17) Elena Tsagkrinou - Oh this bops, it's not spectacular but I enjoyed it.
18) Oonagh - Tir Na Nog is the best song Oonagh's been part of, everything else she's done sounds so samey. This is a slightly better version of her usual stuff but eh she can keep it.
19) Knock Out - This was the kind of mediocre mess I was expecting Elena Tsagkrinou to come out with. Like the ethno vibes but it's not great.
20) Lorenzo Fragola - Once this got going it was pretty good, maybe not as good as I was hoping but solid.
21) Red Velvet - I should hate this, and I do. Moving on.
22) XYLØ - Wow, this was... really dull!
23) Amy Macdonald - LMAO it literally took me so long to realise why this was eligible. It's cute, I'm here for it.
2132 days 18 hours ago
Limegrass
01) Pastora Soler - very nice, mellow and solid
02) Polina Gagarina - I liked this a lot, nice to see some ESC alumni
03) Oku Luukkainen - I'm unsure.... In two minds about this one
04) Lea Santee - Yep! I liked this one, might sneak into my lower points
05) Jolin Tsai - Meh
06) Grimes - I had a friend at uni called Grimes and I couldn't get his face out of my mind
07) 3LAU - see song 5s comment
08) MADARA - I like how everyones taking a foreign music approach, very refreshing!
09) !!! (Chk Chk Chk) - No
10) Árstíðir - Yep, nice.
11) L'Impératrice - It's either hit or miss in this competition I think
12) Shift K3Y - I just didn't feel like the song was complete but? Unsure?
13) Da Zhuang - no thanks
14) The Dø - Nae too shabby
15) Smith & Thell - yes I liked that!
16) Sarsa - a bit too niche for me?
17) Elena Tsagkrinou - I couldn't figure out if this was Russian or something else? Making me think too much haha
18) Oonagh - I've actually listened to her before and I liked it! Not her best I feel
19) Knock Out - Hmmmmmm, no thanks
20) Lorenzo Fragola - ditto of song 19
21) Red Velvet - and here's the K Pop
22) XYLØ - yeah! I liked that
23) Amy Macdonald - a nice end to the contest
2132 days 17 hours ago
bibbles
ricktworick1

i can't cure stupidity/blindness

can you cure senior moments, cos i kept having them!!!
2132 days 17 hours ago
bibbles
01) Pastora Soler – it was okay, the build up felt like it should have been stronger!
02) Polina Gagarina – sounds like the first song, its okay, her voice is better than the first one.
03) Oku Luukkainen – starting to feel like foreign language/Eurovision week!! Not liking the funny clubbing sounds or that boing boing singing, oh rapping, its not good!!
04) Lea Santee – its okay, its feels like it needs to be sped up a bit!!
05) Jolin Tsai – get on with it, I have washing to hang out!! After all that it’s a bit disappointing!! Some bits are good, but her voice and those funny noises are not need, like the beat!!
06) Grimes – a bit electro, oh my god that voice, goes right through you!!
07) 3LAU – the tune is okay, her voice is a bit pasty!! Tuneful chipmunks!!
08) MADARA – depressing!!
09) !!! (Chk Chk Chk) – that grated on every level!!
10) Árstíðir – a bit slow, but not bad.
11) L'Impératrice – am I going to find anything to give points to!! Very insipid vocals!
12) Shift K3Y – not my thing! But ive got give something points!!
13) Da Zhuang – this was okay, a bit old school!
14) The Dø – a bit of a dirge!! Its very long!! What is this at the end? Goes to video, still, what is that at the end!!!!
15) Smith & Thell – nice 10 seconds, then she started singing!! Might get points for the tune!
16) Sarsa – too clubby, too repetitive, she sounds bored!! Oh chipmunks!!
17) Elena Tsagkrinou – its okay, at least she not singing like mickey mouse with his bits in a vice!!
18) Oonagh – it’s a bit Eurovision, its not too bad!!
19) Knock Out – that thumbnail, I thought it was Rylan!! Not for me!!
20) Lorenzo Fragola – another depressing one, but I liked his voice.
21) Red Velvet – didn’t do it for me!!
22) XYLØ – a bit tweeish, oh she swore! Did she just blank out the f word? Why blank on and not the other!!!!
23) Amy Macdonald – shes not singing very well, not liking this!!
2132 days 17 hours ago
bibbles
as someone who had a mini meltdown when i got the pm, i would like to say, thank you for trying something different, and actually hosting this contest, which is more than ive ever done. i think all the host are wonderful.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!