02) Skip Marley
03) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr
04) Dolly Style
08) Brequette Cassie
09) The Sam Willows
11) Off Bloom
13) Sabina Ddumba
15) Bishop Briggs
17) Carly Rae Jepsen
19) Salt Ashes
20) Celtic Woman
21) Molly Kate Kestner
24) Walk The Moon
01) Betsy - I GET the appeal of Betsy, but there's something that just doesn't click for me with her vocally. I enjoy the production and what she does stylistically, but the voice is still attempting to grow on me.
02) Skip Marley - I totally vibe to this, but more importantly, I love the message behind it in TODAYS AMERICA. Musically, it's a bit of a throwback, as well. Unfortunately, it was used in that ridiculous Pepsi ad where Kendall Jenner ended racism and police brutality by opening up a carbonated beverage.
03) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr - Put a gun to my head. Pull the trigger. I feel like they play ~this~ a lot in ~heaven~
04) Dolly Style - SNAPS for the only Dolly Style song that I've heard that I can truly tolerate and even slightly enjoy! (I like it more than I'd like to admit).
05) Loreen - I overplayed the ever-loving fuck out of this during Melfest times to the point where it ranked pretty lowly on my year end list as to where it SHOULD have ended up.
06) Janice - Dig this one. Originally didn't end up on my shortlist for listing, but luckily remembered it right before I started ranking, and it ended up finishing decently well.
07) Dotter - Dynamic, changing, compelling, influential, lively, potent, powerful, progressive, thesaurus.
08) Brequette Cassie - Was in my top 100 entries of the year. It's so solid and one of the best things to come out of the Eurovision preseason of last year.
09) The Sam Willows - It's grown on me since I finished doing my lists. It's a nice toe tapper.
10) Kodaline - Not my usual cup of tea, but it's still so incredibly pleasant.
11) Off Bloom - The verses are solid, but what really gets me pregnant is the pre-chorus, chorus, and drop. It slaps so unbelievably hard. This should have the seizure warning, not Angie. It's like if MØ was more talented and did more uptempo songs like "Don't Wanna Dance." What I'm saying, is that it's basically a dream come true.
12) Loote - It's fairly pedestrian and familiar, but a nice kind of familiar.
13) Sabina Ddumba - Stunning, brilliant, dazzling, gorgeous, impressive, lovely, ravishing, remarkable, sensation, smashing, spectacular, striking, wonder, thesaurus.
14) Rhys - This is one that has slipped through getting points from me in its original contest AND making my shortlist for end of the year, but the end result is that I actually MOSTLY really enjoy it as a whole. My mistake!
15) Bishop Briggs - Trash heap.
16) RAYE - There's something about this that SHOULD NOT WORK, but everything about is just pure perfection. The verses are sung so quickly that it should sound like a jumbled mess, but it sounds fantastic to me (and apparently people with 118 more points that were given out to it). HOMEGIRL SLIGHTLY HARMONIZES WITH ROBOTS -- A FRITZY/RICKTWORICK CLASSIC FAVORITE. She goes off and then pulls back right at the perfect moments. The whole thing is just an experience.
17) Carly Rae Jepsen -SONG.OF.THE.SUMMER.THAT.SOMEHOW.DIDN'T.BECOME.THE.SONG.OF.THE.SUMMER.BECAUSE.BREEDERS.UNDERRATE.CARLY.But it somehow ended up being the promo song for that shitty MTV "Siesta Key" that presumably nobody watched. Uncharacteristically looking for the positives in everything, I guess.
18) Wiktoria - Too modern. ;) I don't think I've listened to this since it was entered, despite being a fan of it during Melfest last year. I think I'm more of a fan of the idea of Wiktoria than the actual finished product of this song.
19) Salt Ashes - Not to exclude any other of the new contestants this year, as most have been great, but Alexeh has overachieved and done SO WELL. I think this entry (along with others, he has a win under his belt) is a shining example of how he's quickly picked up on the tastes of others. This is flashy enough to pick up support from those who love a good banger, but not too moder-... flashy to turn off most who aren't usually drawn to those types of songs.
20) Celtic Woman - Simply not my thing.
21) Molly Kate Kestner - Trash heap.
22) BANKS - Banks is sexy. Meanwhile she's all like "LMFAO AND YOU THOUGHT THAT I WOULD MARRY YOUR SORRY ASS?" and I still think it sounds sexy. Maybe I COULD succeed as a clueless straight male. No shade to clueless straight males either, but Banks just showed you what you lost by acting like a fuckboy.
23) Luna - Luna moon me up, honey! Appreciate that the vocals aren't too sugary sweet in this one. Not in love with it, but not a bad ope-*remembers I'm c/p'ing*... penultimate song for this Best Of contest!!!
24) Walk The Moon - Got my toes tapping. Good closer.
Tengaged.com is an online social site and it's not affiliated with Suzanne Collins, Scholastic, Lionsgate Entertainment, Endemol, Big Brother TV show or any other party related to the social games that can be found in this site. All icons, trademarks and logos are property of their respective owners.