This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 283 Final

Topic » TSC 283 Final

2484 days 10 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
I've added you back. :)

Also thanks to Adele for keeping me company last night, sorry for not including you in the list. :p
2484 days 8 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Banners - Started pleasant, but a tad bit boring. Picked up a little bit at the chorus, but as a whole, just doesn't really do much for me.
02) Leah McFall - LMFAO, those first few whistle tone notes made me cackle. Not sure I'd come back again for a second listen, but it kept me intrigued throughout.
03) Grace VanderWaal - Unexpectedly was into this. Chorus is lacking a bit of punch, but it manages to pick itself up from that let-down rather well.
04) Dreamcatcher - The style doesn't work for me with BABYMETAL (never again, please), and it's not working for me here either.
05) Dolly Style - Dolly Style generally annoys me (that's being nice, I'd lean towards hatred), but I'll give this a chance. Wow, I'm so pleasantly surprised that I don't dislike something from them... in fact, I'm actually rather into it. More of this, Dolly Style. 
06) Tom Grennan - Immediately, I'm unsure how I feel about his voice, but it certainly has character. Eh, it lost my interest about half-way through.
07) DeJ Loaf - I immediately checked where she was from and Detroit would have been one of my LAST guesses. This is groovy (in a far out way, Marsha) and cute. I'm a fan.
08) The NInth Wave - I didn't want to judge a song based off the first ten seconds, but I immediately assumed it wasn't for me. Boy, it feels good to be right. First weekly obligatory "not for me, but that's okay, because it'll probably be for others" comment.
09) Echosmith - I only acknowledge one song called "Goodbye" in TSC and it was Feder feat. Lyse, so they surely must have made a typo on the track title. Felt a little predictable, but it was a pleasant enough listen.
10) Alma - Was on my list, but I went with the Martin Solveig entry instead and didn't want to submit them so close back to back. Dig it.
11) Aura - Was unsure on her voice, but I could have been swayed by a good chorus/drop. I was swayed!... away from liking it.
12) Vice - My baby Jon Bellion. <3 This is going to have to be a real shitshow for me to not like it. He just does things for me. I prefer him over his own production, which is infinitely more interesting. This is still pretty good, though.
13) Audien - Inoffensive. It's fine.
14) Lola Marsh - I'm a sucker (literally) for whistling (hey, Sebalter). Pretty typical upbeat folksy female, which is fine, but not typically my THING.
15) Nina Nesbitt - All I could see was "featuring G" and I almost had a panic attack thinking she completely sold out and that it was going to be G-Eazy. I had to click the video to make sure it wasn't, or else I was going to have to take a Xanax (or three). Was waiting (and waiting, and waiting, and waiting) for this to really take off and it never did. It's not awful or anything, but quite a let-down from Nina's standards.
16) Agnez Mo - When a "50 Motivational Quotes" annotation pops up on the side, you know you're in for something sickly sweet (in my case). I get the appeal, it's just not for me whatsoever.
17) Eduard Santha - Interesting and different are two of the kinder words that I could use to describe this. I don't even feel like getting into the negatives because they're abundant and I don't have that sort of time. In short, no.
18) Norah Jones - I can always expect something pleasant from Norah Jones. It's an easy listen, but I'm completely unmoved by it.
19) Gavin James - The drop is... fine... but completely uninterested by the rest of it. Hell, the drop too.
20) Jack Garratt - Interesting. Leaning towards liking it. Yeah, I like it -- it's a hell of a lot more interesting than 90% of the entries tonight and I wasn't turned off at any point.
21) Gaia - Doesn't have any wow factor, but that's fine, especially in a contest where I'm struggling to give out points.
22) Betty Moon - Messy. While that can be a plus for me, it actually wasn't this time around. Perhaps I'm in a mood.
23) Snavs - Spinnin Records to close it? Let's do
2484 days 8 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
REALLY? ON THE LAST COMMENT? Now I know what TeePee feels like when this happens to her. Never again.

23) Snavs - Spinnin Records to close it? Let's do it. Predictable-ish drop, but I was into the rest of it.
2484 days 7 hours ago
UnicornChicken
The judging is absolutely SAVAGE this week lol.
2484 days 6 hours ago
UnicornChicken
01) Banners - This is pleasant to listen to, and I could really feel the emotion behind it. The chorus took me by surprise, but I decided I liked the change in pace. This is not typically my kind of song, but it worked for me.
02) Leah McFall - This has me shook to the core. Exactly my kind of song; weird, hypnotic and dark. The beat is killer too, it did end up getting quite repetitive though.
03) Grace VanderWaal - Verrry interesting to me. It took a while, but I really started to dig the song. There were moments where I think her voice showed its immaturity, but damn Grace has got some soul for a 13 year old.
04) Dreamcatcher - This walks that weird line between me really liking it, and not really caring. It kept my interest the entire way through, but I feel like something was missing. Maybe if I understood the lyrics I would have been able to connect more strongly to it, because it was quite fascinating.
05) Dolly Style - Oh no... the artist (or is it 3 artists?) had my attention for a few seconds, she seems really cool and I thought I might be in for something unique. As soon as she said la da di da I was OUT! Where is the soul? Where is the passion, creativity, the vocals? Manufactured rubbish.
06) Tom Grennan - His voice really sold this for me. Not quite what I've been looking for, but I liked it.
07) DeJ Loaf - This was like a really chill rap song with some lovely lyrics. I liked it when she was kinda singing off beat and just doing her own thing, but it got quite boring towards the end. Would have been nice to only hear the chorus 2 or 3 times.
08) The Ninth Wave - This is kinda my style, but I just didn't enjoy the song or the vocals as much as I'd hoped. The best thing to come from this was the cute boy in the video.
09) Echosmith - Once again not really feeling the song, but that guitarist... Let's just say I'd feel him.
10) Alma - Glad to see her again, I liked the song she featured on in one of the recent song contests. Unfortunately this was just too straight forward for me. Typical party music, I was hoping to see something very different from Alma.
11) Aura - I really didn't like a lot about this song, but I found Aura a very captivating singer and performer.
12) Vice - Loved his voice at first, but that chorus physically hurt me, and everything after that was lame.
13) Audien - I just broke down crying for real. I CAN'T STAND generic, copy/paste songs, beats and artists. I've had enough!!
14) Lola Marsh - Ehhhhh, I got a little bit more into it as it went on, but I don't think I like it. Side note: the music video is low key phenomenal!!!
15) Nina Nesbitt - Oh my god. This turned into something I was not expecting. Beautiful, honest and just so wonderfully sad. Definitely the biggest stand out to me so far. Wow.
16) Agnez Mo - Very lovely song, but following a similar song did this a bit of a disservice. The other one felt a little more personal and unique, but the more this song progresses the more I love it.
17) Eduard Santha - I was really getting into the weird flow of the verses, but overall not a great song.
18) Norah Jones - All hail Norah, this is exactly the change of pace I've been holding out for. I wish this song gave me a little more though.
19) Gavin James - Ugh I don't know why (<OMG seriously unintentional pun), but I just really hated this song. After so much of the same rubbish, this just infuriated me beyond belief. Get this out of here.
2484 days 6 hours ago
UnicornChicken
20) Jack Garratt - https://media.tenor.com/images/fb3f2d1e814190100a4ae401b1660d5b/tenor.gif
21) Gaia - http://i.imgur.com/ABtwP3k.gif
22) Betty Moon -  http://i.imgur.com/qcEFs0a.gif
23) Snavs - Unimpressive ending, I'm kinda glad this week is over haha.
2484 days 4 hours ago
Insanity
Can we talk about the fact how AdelesMom allegedly liked Asian music when she first joined this contest

TSC 271: Blackpink - I enjoy Asian music and this one didn’t let me down.  Work it girls.

Yet ever since this contest, she's seemed to detest basically every other Asian song submitted

TSC 272: Gfriend - Fingertip...how creative.  Please shoot me. How about toe, or ear…. (literlly
TSC 275: Jun Hyo Seong - 'Find Me' - I find this one annoying, thoroughly annoying
TSC 276: Red Velvet - Body Talk - Ya...I’ll pass
TSC 278: K.A.R.D - 'Don't Recall' - Boring!!!!
TSC 279: Loona/HeeJin - Vivid - This reminds me of an executie Daddy giving his daughter money to make a video and believing they are really good when they actually suck
TSC 281: Chungha - 'Why Don't You Know (feat. Nucksal)' - These songs are so...the same..everyweek..the videos...everything.  Yuck
TSC 282: CLC - 'Hobgoblin' - Ok here is by obligatory hate this for this type of music.  Oh for christ sakes, can we have one week without this shit.
TSC 282: Blackpink - 'As If It's Your Last' - God I hate Blackpink
TSC 283: Dreamcatcher - 'Chase Me' - Ok the token genre I hate.  Still hate it.  Will always hate it.  God this sucks

This is the ONLY positive comment on an Asian song I was able to find

TSC 277: 18) Jolin Tsai - 'Fantasy - This was not bad.  I got into it.

So I guess my question is how does one person at the beginning of their time here say "oh yeah I enjoy this genre" to LITERALLY THE VERY NEXT WEEK say "god this genre fucking sucks please end it all because I have to listen to Fingertip by GFriend?"

And this whole comment isn't even about liking the genre in the first place because God knows TSC 2015 had enough of those arguments. It's just really weird to me how your opinion on a genre of music makes a complete 180 in a matter of a few months. People's tastes in music don't just shift like that so quickly.
2484 days 4 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Trying to play Devil's Advocate, I could see overexposure to it changing your opinion rather quickly if you'd only heard very little of it previously.

THAT'S ALL I GOT.
2484 days 4 hours ago
Insanity
I can understand that as well, but keep in mind that the first blackpink comment and Gfriend's comment are literally one contest apart. Also if you had only heard a little bit of any music genre, I think it's a pretty bold claim to say you like the genre as a whole, especially one that has a lot of variety. This isn't like saying you like metal or country music.

But that's just me
2484 days 3 hours ago
rodrigueseve
Tbh I kinda agree with Insanity specially when the first Blackpink entry she said she loved it and then last week she said "God I hate Blackpink". And yes I agree that if Mom liked kpop, how would she only like 1 or 2 songs? But hey its nothing to do with me, just agreeing really
2484 days 2 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Nah, I hear you, Steven. I was just looking for any logical reasoning and it's legitimately all I could come up with. Your point is valid.
2484 days 2 hours ago
Temeky
TSC 271: Blackpink - I enjoy Asian music and this one didn’t let me down.  Work it girls.

TSC 272: Gfriend - Fingertip...how creative.  Please shoot me. How about toe, or ear…. (literlly

https://68.media.tumblr.com/223048de2985987c590d79268246e529/tumblr_inline_oogw30RlHj1qais6x_500.gif
2484 days 2 hours ago
adeleadele
Tbh i don't really think she listens to K-pop so that might of been the first k pop song she listened to  and it just got worse from there. Idk though :/
2484 days 1 hour ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Why is it always the contests I run that have the messy drama? :p

Bear in mind we're generally very positive in our first set of contests. Once we feel settled we then feel comfortable to give our more honest / harsher opinions. Maybe she did think she liked the genre when she first joined. It's only after 10 contests that she refers to the genre again. I agree that the two Blackpink comments strike me as odd, but I do not think there is any malice.

I bet if you looked back at all of our comments through the contests you will find contradictions. I do not think it is fair to bring it up in open forum though, this could have been discussed in private first.

I do not want this conversation to go on much longer, as it's going to make the comments section look extremely messy.
2484 days 1 hour ago
adeleadele
I Told her to read the convo so she can actually defend herself

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!