This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 283 Final

Topic » TSC 283 Final

2510 days 21 hours ago
Alexeh23
"Bear in mind we're generally very positive in our first set of contests."

https://media.tenor.com/images/ef9bb93e772d499f8f6ec6dd14293381/tenor.gif
2510 days 21 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Yeah you're one of the exceptions to the rule there. :P
2510 days 21 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Ok I'm going to repost the comment without one short sentence that could be viewed as being a personal attack.

AdelesMom

Well...attack me this week.  Every song invokes a feeling at the moment you are listening to it. You might listen to a song and think you hate it but after a while you start liking it.  I did not realize I had to refer back to every comment I have made since being here to make sure it is in sync with what I am saying now.   I like all kinds of music.  Weather it's Asian, K-Pop  music or not makes no difference to me.  What I dislike lately...and ohhhh that might change down the road (is that ok with you) is these girl groups that dance around all the same, can't sing and the music sounds the same.

That is all I am going to say on this matter.
2510 days 16 hours ago
DallasAndrew
I said I will not interfere too much from now on, cause I guess you all know that I had my arguments here. But, in Adele's mother defence I just want to notice that: her comment for the first song (in TSC 271) seems to be an exception. Practically she gives 1 positive comments and 10 negative ones. She seems to respect her tastes. And the fact that she likes Asian music... Asian music doesn't mean just K-pop, which is usually shown here. She might like other Asian songs. And of course, from my experience I can say that I can like songs from genres I usually dislike. That could be her situation about the song from TSC 271.
2510 days 16 hours ago
rodrigueseve
King Dallas
2510 days ago
ryan5676
01) Banners – The music feels dramatic to hear and I appreciate it and that voice just made it the icing on the cake with that catchy chorus
02) Leah McFall – Please woman, we don’t need you breaking any glasses with that scream and the music was chaotic so it was terrible
03) Grace VanderWaal – I do like that ukulele very much which has made this song very upbeat and sweet, but her singing isn’t perfect and falls flat in some parts
04) Dreamcatcher – I admire the way they use the rock music which kept me interested throughout and I love it as an instrumental, but not with vocals
05) Dolly Style – The group’s previous songs are different to this and I don’t like the new sound with the bubblegum pop being found of and it’s very boring to hear
06) Tom Grennan – Goddamit I can’t help to enjoy his voice which sounds amazing to hear and I can see myself dancing along to this song which is what I was looking for
07) DeJ Loaf – The music sounded very promising indeed, but the vocals are a total let down with her having little effort in producing them
08) The NInth Wave – I like hearing a different genre music which makes it sound unique compared to the rest of the songs and I love the fact that it sounds like nothing I have heard before
09) Echosmith – I can see that it does put a spin on me which is that I find it alright and it can be explained with her vocals and the way the music is played with no emotion coming out of me
10) Alma – This girl has the vocals to make it work in her favour and I just want to sing along to that wicked beat and it is an amazing song to hear
11) Aura – The feathers have been rustled with this one and I’m getting a weird vibe from her with the way she sings and those annoying noises need to go ASAP
12) Vice – Uhh, is this really considered music nowadays with the music literally killing me on the inside and I don’t want this in my life
13) Audien – I can get along with this one just fine with the music actually working to it’s advantage in the chorus and I’m clapping along to the beat so that is something
14) Lola Marsh – What a song I can get cheery about with the whistle and the cool vibe music, but I would stay away from the singer who needs a breather
15) Nina Nesbitt – Really, this is the best you can come up with and it sounds more like a poem than a real song and I just want to fall asleep on this one
16) Agnez Mo – This is quite beautiful to hear with that voice of her being the driving force and the piano works perfectly in it that I might shed a tear
17) Eduard Santha – What’s coming up, it’s my luch thanks Eduard for making me throw up on a loony song which doesn’t work in the slightest
18) Norah Jones – It does sound like a dreamy song and it does work in sending me to sleep and dream about something better with it going so slowly
19) Gavin James – Is this person still in his puberty with how his voice is going to different ranges and the chorus sounds like a child’s project gone wrong but that is giving credit
20) Jack Garratt – My eyes are widen with what is going on in my ears and it has got that special beat that just wants to be jammed with and his voice gives a very good impression
21) Gaia – Yes queen you are killing it with that vocal work and I really really love the beat being used that is having me up in the air
22) Betty Moon – Wait, does this group really have a harmony because I don’t hear any pleasant sounds and it is just putting me off
23) Snavs – Why oh why is this even here with her annoying voice ruining it completely, but it was already broken with the chorus music sounding like TV statics
2510 days ago
AlexaVonTrayne
"is these girl groups that dance around all the same, can't sing and the music sounds the same."

yikes did you just admit you dont actually listen to the songs? none of the kpop songs sound even similar besides the language girl
2509 days 21 hours ago
adeleadele
Can u all stop coming after my mom lol :P She listens to the songs every week, (and all of them) and she is just commenting on what she thinks of the songs. Give her a break lol . She does not like the drama
2509 days 18 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Both sides have expressed their opinions. Any further comments about this will be removed as the conversation will not be getting any more productive at this point. I'm drawing the line here as people are getting upset and saying they're going to leave TSC.

If you have a question or comment  that you feel warrants  a response feel free to message me or another host.
2509 days 13 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Banners ~ This progressed well, and was actually very cool. Love his voice, and the beat. It was predictable after a while, but good nonetheless.
Leah McFall ~ Jaysus this was quite weird. I feel like her voice is just not strong enough to hold  the disjointed beat - Flume did it best though IMO :P. Not feeling this one, sorryyy.
Grace VanderWaal ~ I would have wrote this off as 'TWEEEEE', but then her vocal became so much stronger in the chorus. Is she really only 13? Good effort! A bit too folksy for me, but its pleasant all the same.
Dreamcatcher ~ Very unexpected progression! The buildup is definitely there, and its not bad! Sounds like a song from a teen movie, I quite liked it! Wasn't that keen on the vocals though.
Dolly Style ~ Sack your makeup artist, lol! I find the song a bit generic, but the beat is so good. Certainly not unpleasant.
Tom Grennan ~ Kinda got Matchbox Twenty vibes from this, with an added modern and punchy beat. Really liking this one! His voice is unusual.
Dej Loaf ~ This did nothing for me, the vocal was just too one-note. I've already forgotten it.
The Ninth Wave ~ Straight away I'm feeling Depeche Mode [<333] vibes, with less instrumental. Felt this lacked a bit of puncch, but otherwise I really liked this. The 2 vocals worked well together. It sounds like something you'd jam to in an underground level of a bar.
Echosmith ~ This was ok, enjoyable summer beat. Nothing special in the verses really, but I did quite like the unusual sounding chorus... Sort of torn. Ifeel like her vocal holds back a little. It could be way stronger.
Alma ~ Quite angsty-sounding, this one was pretty good! She has a great voice.
Aura ~ The artists name and the song, both sounds like the one above? What witchcraft is going on here? This one seemed a little disjointed though, and her vocal wasn't AS strong...but it was stil la decent, catchy listen overall.
Vice ~ This was...dull? Jon Bellion can do and has done better than this, this just seemed static.
Audien ~ I liked the drop in this! Catchy song, but a bit chipmunk-reliant...there wasn't a lot  to it besides crazy love..it was ok.
Lola Marsh ~ I had high hopes for this, but the vocal effects were too weird, plus it lacked a memorable chorus to give it that kick. The potential is there, but as it is, this ain't for me.
Nina Nesbitt ~ I've pretty much always liked her work, and this was no different - this song flowed well. It was an interesting, and more stripped back listen. Its good that she sounds less folky now, too.
Agnez Mo ~ Lovely piano! Her voice is very good too, but as someone said, shes trying a bit too hard to wobble it. I was certainly intrigued by this song though, which was quite a feat as I hate slowies.
Eduard Santha ~ Intriguing in a completely different way to the previous song. Reminded me of 90s Britpop/Space. The chorus was so weird...and yet...I loved this? Brave entry because of all the mad effects, but just know, I'm SOLD!
Norah Jones ~ A very calming song for sure, but not my favourite by her. I know others will love it,though. Her voice is wonderful. I recommend Happy Pills!
Gavin James ~ This is familiar, I've got a feeling I've heard it in work maybe? I like it very much actually, his voice is beautiful, and the track is so stripped back and summery. Nice!
Jack Garratt ~ Another one I'm familiar with thru work. I've had a few others by him on my list before now, I feel like this song REALLY shows off his vocal ability, though. Another beautiful male vocal, and the song is fabulous. Only criticism is the slight gappiness in parts...I'll forgive, though, as the followups are always joyous.
Gaia ~ I soo want to add 'phagee' on the end of this artist's name :P How talented she is, the way she switches between the languages without even thinking, seemingly! Can see this winning, it has some ooomph, despite sounding fairly samey throughout. Decent pick.
Betty Moon ~ This is kinda anthemic! I don't think the vocals are as
2509 days 13 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Betty Moon ~ This is kinda anthemic! I don't think the vocals are as clear as they could be, but this was pretty decent otherwise.
Snavs ~ End with you? OhI see what you did there. :p  Most unfortunately, this song was god flipping awful!
2509 days 3 hours ago
AlexaVonTrayne
01) Banners
borin filler ballad
02) Leah McFall
i love the instrumental of this song a lot but her voice doesnt really suit it? still good tho
03) Grace VanderWaal
really fucking hate the trend of girls making themself have this edgy hipster voice + intentional voice cracks. boring ass instrumental
04) Dreamcatcher
love the jrock elements in this group, probs their weakest single though!
05) Dolly Style
Wasnt bad. Would probably have liked it better in Korean though.
06) Tom Grennan
garbage edgy generic rock song
07) DeJ Loaf
just what i needed, a new song to go to sleep to! should be easy with this shit
08) The NInth Wave
if youre gonna try to make an 80s esque song, use one of the good 80s songs to be inspired by
09) Echosmith
goodbye to this boring acoustic bullshit
10) Alma
boring generic trop pop
11) Aura
verses are dreadfully boring but the chorus is pretty great until the uninspired drop
12) Vice
boring generic trop pop
13) Audien
boring generic trop pop
14) Lola Marsh
i love the mediocre version of hey brother!
15) Nina Nesbitt
this song reminds of of the songs jgoodies sends to the pga song rate that have no chorus, the male voice is garbage btw
16) Agnez Mo
idc about ur motivational crap
17) Eduard Santha
solid verses, meh chorus, overall pretty cool
18) Norah Jones
no thank you.
19) Gavin James
boring generic trop pop
20) Jack Garratt
jesus why is every song either fucking ballads or trop pop?
21) Gaia
https://media.giphy.com/media/WsrqrfhZKuEKI/giphy.gif
22) Betty Moon
better than the trop pop thats for sure
23) Snavs
whew truly saved the best for last, prob getting my 12
2508 days 19 hours ago
Insanity17
01) Banners- The beginning is very haunting. The lead vocalist’s tone is so intriguing. There were some interesting elements in the instrumentals as well. Good start.
02) Leah McFall- She’s a mediocre singer without the vocal acrobatics. The energy level stayed at the same place throughout the whole song. It did get interesting for a few seconds at around 2:50.
03) Grace VanderWaal- She’s not the best vocalist, but that’s the charm. She’s a Taylor Swift look with an Ed Sheeran vibe and I live for it.
04) Dreamcatcher- Kpop always has so many elements and it confuses me, which I hate. There are some moments that I liked, but the chorus just really sounded annoying. The song did have a great energy though.
05) Dolly Style- I like the energy the song portrays and the vocals are good. It’s indistinguishable from other girl group songs.
06) Tom Grennan- The grit in his voice is nice. The transition from verse to chorus was seamless. I quite liked this.
07) DeJ Loaf- The beat is good. The song went nowhere interesting. Pretty basic and repetitive.
08) The NInth Wave- I don’t like the overlay and blending of the voices at the beginning with the instrumentals. It sounded very messy and the background music was too overpowering, so it made the song that much more off putting. It would work in a dark sci-fi movie soundtrack.
09) Echosmith- I’m a sucker for this kind of instrumental. The energy stayed consistently boring. Not worthy of a second listen.
10) Alma- This has been on my playlist since May, so I’m definitely a fan. I like the energy of the song, but it does get a bit repetitive.
11) Aura- I like the Shakira warble in her voice. As soon as I think it’s going to get interesting, it goes back to being painfully basic.
12) Vice- Jon Bellion’s voice is one of my favorite male vocals. The verses are so lackluster, but the chorus makes up for it.
13) Audien- Another bop I’m a fan of. The beat is so good. Very repetitive, but it works for this song and I don’t mind it.
14) Lola Marsh- I enjoy whistling in songs. Why does this sound like Lana Del Ray? It’s rather inventive. A decent entry.
15) Nina Nesbitt- This sounds like a song Lorde would do. I don’t really like the talking but singing. The last minute was probably the best part of the song.
16) Agnez Mo- There was so much vocal acrobatics in this that it lost some of it’s authenticity. She has a really good voice, but she was using everything in her wheelhouse instead of reeling it in and letting the song flow naturally. 
17) Eduard Santha- This song is a mess. Terrible lyrics and lackluster energy. No substance. Not memorable.
18) Norah Jones- 60s lounge singer vibes. It felt like I was listening to it for 10 minutes. Norah has a beautiful voice though.
19) Gavin James- It’s catchy, but it’s a remix, so of course it’s catchy. The production of this has lost all the authentic vibes from the original version that I liked.
20) Jack Garratt- I like his voice and I like the vibe that this gives off. The subwoofer sound is unnecessary and ruins previously said vibe. It gets repetitive towards the end. It didn’t peak at any particular instance.
21) Gaia- The Portuguese (I think that’s what language it is) is great. She has a good voice. It has a good beat. The chorus is basic.
22) Betty Moon- Nothing special about this. The vocals could be better. I don’t have anything else to say.
23) Snavs- The beat overpowered the vocals. Surprisingly, I’m not a fan of this, since this is my go to genre.
2508 days 15 hours ago
AlanDuncan
Re-Listen

1) This isn't bad. Generic at times but decent none-the-less. Will probably get some low points.
2) I loved her. She was the only one on the voice with potential to do anything. Shame the BBC can't advertise her so she flopped. I love the high notes. This is me.
3) Better than I though to be honest.
4) Wasnt bad. Would probably have liked it better in English though.
5) I was expecting alot more from this. I love their MelFest songs and this was Meh. (Better on second listen)
6) Don't know if I like his voice. I've heard worse. Is it for me? No. But is it good? Yes.
7) This is decent. Idk why I don't LOVE it. Its my type but mood?
2508 days 12 hours ago
LoveMeLoveMe
01) Banners - 'Shine A LIght'
This is not bad, I like it :)

02) Leah McFall - 'Wolf Den'
This is not cup of my tea ....

03) Grace VanderWaal - 'Moonlight'
okay this is so cute :D i think this song will doing well :)

04) Dreamcatcher - 'Chase Me'
I dont like this type of kpop song sorry :/

05) Dolly Style - 'Bye Bye Bby Boo'
Yass Dolly Style their song getting better and better

06) Tom Grennan - 'Found What I've Been Looking For'
he have a nice voice but hmm this song is hmmm meh

07) DeJ Loaf - 'No Fear'
this is not me .....

08) The NInth Wave - 'Reformation'
I dont hate rock song but this is meh

09) Echosmith - 'Goodbye'
the last time i heard their song was cool kids lol

10) Alma - 'Chasing Highs'
kinda like this song

11) Aura Dione - 'Can't Steal the Music'
this song is so weak :/ it didnt make it to my playlist

12) Vice  - 'Obsession ft. Jon Bellion'
oh gosh what is that lol

13) Audien - 'Crazy Love ft. Deb's Daughter'
I need banger song is there any banger song lol

14) Lola Marsh - 'Wishing Girl'
I like this song it is on my playlist lol

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!