This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Jury Vote

Topic » Jury Vote

2016 days 5 hours ago
Piddu
Test
2016 days 5 hours ago
Piddu
Hello Jurors,

I feel like most people have a good sense on my gameplay already but I will explain my strategy and struggles being in minority all game. I’ll do a summary which will be generic, following by more detailed specifics from each phases, my alliances, etc.

Summary: 
The last time I had played in RSF was Season 26: Free Agents, which occurred in June 2014. I ended up being eliminated halfway thru after losing to Nolan in Scales of Justice on the first turn lmao. Not the best way to end my RSF journey. After taking a 4 year hiatus, I finally decided to sign up for season 50 (after some convincing from Timster) as it was like an All-Star Season. I honestly expected getting double digits and referred to myself as like a Veronica/Shane coming back after so long.

I feel like I deserve your medals tonight because I worked my ass off this entire game. I was in a crumbling minority since the early part of phase two and watched every single person on my side get taken out. At final ten, it was seven vs. three. At final six, it was essentially the other five on one “side” and me on the other (while I do believe some of them were flexible, I don’t think any of them would have picked me over a majority of each other). I avoided going into a single elimination this season despite being in a minority. I think someone like me making it to final 4 without having to go into elimination speaks volume for how I maneuvered this game.

Coming into the game, I was at a huge disadvantage. When I had initially played in RSF, it was mostly live challenges, eliminations were different, social game was done through tengaged mail. Most these challenges and eliminations were new to me. Just knowing how these eliminations work puts you at such an advantage that people take for granted. I think a lot of people know the strategy to the dice one or the connect four one, while I had to learn it. The biggest disadvantage I had was I did not know a majority of the cast, while it seemed like everyone knew about me. Most of you guys, this was my first time playing with. The rest, I hadn’t played with in four years. I also had a reputation which could potentially hurt me or deem me as too threatening.

I don’t think people realize how much easier it is to navigate these games when you have a semi-solid alliance/friends coming into the game. I had Timster and that was it. There is not a single person on this cast that I’ve kept true contact with since season 26 other than Timster. I believe I talked to most of you at some point of the game and made an effort to work with different people. I didn’t just stick to my one alliance and not venture out. Every vote I had discussed options with multiple people, in and out of my immediate alliance.

I felt like I didn’t have a lot of support in this game. I was in a minority that kept getting decimated but I still fought through. In stage two, I lost all my close alliances that I had from stage 1 (Jordon, Timster, Jayson), Jacob turned on us so I lost him too, and then Wuau/Christian were two people I believe I had a good relationship with, even if we didn’t have anything solid. In stage three, I lost the alliance that I had from Stage 2 (Britt, Rod, Vince). In stage four, I lost the only other people I had (Wyatt, Splozo). I believe I struggled the most to get this far as I was constantly outnumbered whether it was votes or working together in challenges/eliminations. I do believe I played a good individual game with the cards I was dealt and lack of pregame relationships/friendships.
2016 days 5 hours ago
Piddu
Detailed:

Phase 1:

About halfway thru the first challenge, Timster created a chat between me, himself, Jacob, and SplozoJames. I did not really expect this alliance to last beyond the first challenge and felt like we were all just using each other to get the keycard. Me and Splozo had a history of targeting each other and me and Jacob have never been allies; we were too threatening for each other to ever work together. Splozo ended up winning the challenge, leading to me and Tim arguing about who should get the keycard. I had the least leaderboard points and felt it’d be harder for me to win the auction. Splozo decided to random.org it via chatzy and I outlucked Timster.

The rest of phase 1, I spent time getting to know people. The alliance between me/Tim/Jacob/Splozo grew tighter. I also began talking to Jordon/Britt, I believe they approached me and we made a three person group. They would have gone after the bigger players which is something I appreciated and did not feel Tim/Splozo/Jacob/me would have done as a group as everyone had too many side deals going on. Me and Jayson also began talking about working together and where we stood with each other. We’ve worked together in the past but having taken four years off, it’s hard to just reconnect with people and expect an alliance.

For the people who got out in phase 1, I did not have anything solid with any of them. I think Absol and Jharrin were the only people I’ve worked with in the past that I had lost in phase 1. As for everyone else, it was my first time playing with or we had no working relationship prior. I think where this hurt me was if they were free-agents (not tied to Ethan and co.), it would have helped me later in the game.

Phase 2: 

Phase 2 is where my individual game took off. At this point, everyone apart from CJ, Nolan and Nick, I had some type of communication with and felt like I could work with. I don’t think I was anyone’s major target. At the end of the phase, I was told that Semaj wanted me out, but as far as everyone else, I don’t think I was anyone’s immediate target which I think is due to me taking the time to make bonds and having had made some kind of “I’m open to work with you” effort.

Red Vote: During the first vote, Rodrigo was set to go in, while Patrick’s name was thrown out. I had a better bond with Patrick and originally was okay doing Rodrigo. As the day progressed, I started thinking/was under the impression that Lalisa, Semaj, Jacob, and CJ would never do Patrick this early, so I ended up jumping back on board with the Patrick plan. I also wanted to keep my working relationship with Splozo, Wyatt and Britt, who were #TeamRodrigo / #AntiPatrick. Rod ended up being one of the most loyal people so I’m glad I ended up taking this risk. We ended up getting our vote through but we had to keep Jacob in the dark. I believe this move is what cemented the sides but I knew I’d be on the bottom going with the other side as they were heavily tied to the Blue Team and had a much tighter friend group.

Blue Vote: I supported Jordon’s plan to get Ethan out. Timster had informed me that Jordon was going around trying to get Ethan but he was exposed. I wasn’t sure if Jordon knew he was exposed so I leaked that his plan had leaked to Ethan and co. and they made an alliance between Christian, Ethan, Tim, Nick, Nolan, and Eric. (I was told it was Nick who leaked it but I’m not sure if it really was him). Jordon already told me his plan and I laid the ground work of Vince self-voting. I explained to Jordan the numbers would not be there unless Vince self voted. I don't think anyone other than Jordon really knows how I involved I was in this vote. 

I was talking to Wuau but both teams had expressed doing him (my theory is Jacob told Ethan that Wuau was his partner which made Ethan want to do Wuau vs. Jordon), so there wasn’t really much I could do. I assume blue learned red was doing Wuau and bailed on their plan, doing Jayson instead. Jordon and Vince won the secret power and I tried to save Christian but I don’t think I made any progress. The idea wasn’t even being entertained.

The next round, half of Red did Lalisa vs. Ethan to give them the secret partner twist, which hurt my side. Too many people were helping/protecting Lalisa and Ethan which was frustrating. The aftermath of the previous vote made the other side not trust us. Lalisa won the secret partner twist and I made my case to him as I figured it was either me or Splozo. I was spared. Splozo and Tim went in.

Timster was my number 1 so losing him this early sucked but him leaving brought me and Splozo a lot closer. Losing Jordon was also a big hit on my game as he was my next closest ally after Tim and was a huge target in the game. Vince ended up joining the Red Team and becoming our sixth. I think at this point, me and Splozo became number 1s.  

Despite being in minority, I still had a good relationship with most the cast. I always felt like I’d be on the bottom no matter which side I went with and I’d never be in anyone’s top 3. I felt Jayson and Splozo were the only two who would go out of their way to help me make finals. At this point, I did not feel close to Britt, Wyatt, or Rod but I felt a lot safer with them than with the other side. I suspected that there was a giant Red/Blue alliance that included everyone apart from our side and Jayson.

The following round, I basically leaked Jacob’s PMs in hopes that anyone would jump on putting him in. We also assumed that the other side on our team was going to throw the challenge so Splozo purposely made teams so one team would be all non-throwers. Jayson also threw the challenge which was the highlight of this phase. We were told by Jayson that Ethan was going around bragging about how he got half of our team to throw and we told him we could give him an easier opponent if he threw and our team won. I think this benefitted all of us because I do think Splozo and I were Jayson’s main alliance and Jayson’s team would have most likely sent him in. People can say otherwise but I just find it hard to believe that people would do their own allies before doing him. They literally tried voting him in two rounds prior against Jordon. Unfortunately, we lost Jayson.

For the vote, CJ flipped and voted in Jacob. CJ has publically said “that’s what you get for calling me a sheep” which is one of the things that I leaked so yes, I am taking a little credit for this. Me and CJ connected during this period. After losing him, my main alliance was Splozo/Britt/Wyatt/Rod/Vince but it was extremely dysfunctional as we all were “in-game friends/allies” and were not friends outside the game (i.e we didn’t play roblox together or go on skype calls, it was strictly RSF game, we need each other kind of alliance).

Phase 3: 

I ended up picking Lalisa as my partner. I knew I needed to pick someone from the other side as my partner, hoping it would protect me if anyone on either side won a challenge. Lalisa seemed like the most protected. She had Eric (I was told Eric/Christian/Lalisa were a tight trio, cannot confirm), she had CJ, Semaj, and Patrick, she had Ethan, who was her previous partner; her name rarely came up in phase 2 as a potential nominee. She had members from both the previous red and blue team looking out for her so I jumped onto this.

Originally, going into this stage Semaj was my main target because I was told he was after me but after Ethan had thrown him in, I realized he was on the outs and Britt and me were already close, so I tried to repair my relationship with Semaj as I needed him. They faced off against Rod/Vince so no matter who went out, I was losing someone I was with.

We lost the second challenge, but had we won, I would have pushed for Patrick/Nolan as that was the only team that had two members not on my side. The only people I had were Wyatt, Britt, and Splozo, while the other side still had basically their entire group.

After Britt/Semaj were eliminated, I had Wyatt and Splozo and had really shaky relationships with everyone else. Lalisa and I talked about sending Patrick/Nolan if we won. We ended up not winning, but they got last in the challenge. They faced Nick and CJ and finally someone on the other side got out.

Phase 4:

It was me, Wyatt, Splozo vs. the house. The first challenge was a trading mineral ones and literally Nick was the only person willing to trade with me outside of Splozo/Wyatt. It was extremely frustrating doing challenges in which you have to rely on people in opposing alliances as there is no benefit for them to help. Ethan and Lalisa tried trading me one of my good pieces for their shit pieces; everyone else did not attempt. I’m thankful for Nick for helping me get my gold pieces, which resulted in getting what he needed from me and helped him win the challenge.

For the duel portion of this phase, while I was still on the bottom, my relationships with CJ and Nick, were stronger than Wyatt and Splozo’s relationship with them. Ethan and Wyatt were targeting each other, Lalisa and Splozo were targeting each other. I put myself in a position where I was never the main target. I think I managed to avoid being actively targeted this long because I always had better relationships. I realize I was in the minority but I was never on the very bottom. Eric got the last pick and he picked to save me over Wyatt, his previous partner, so I was shocked by that. I had told Eric I would pick him if 8 went in and I don't know if that is why I was saved. Splozo and Wyatt both lost their eliminations. RIP.

Final 6: I was basically alone and life was kicking my ass for personal reasons. Ethan won the challenge so the rest of us were in the draw for Free-Agents style. As I had the most leaderboard points, I was able to determine the order of the draw. I put myself third as I felt that was the best chance. It was going to come down to luck no matter what but I had a 1/3rd chance to pull it. I somehow managed to pull the double-cross and was safe. It felt like a TV moment when it’s one person against five and that one person narrowly escapes. Eric and CJ wanted to face each other so I allowed that as they both had helped me previously in the game.  

Final 4: Quorridor. I had 8 walls placed on my side on the google drive spreadsheet, the other three had four each. I felt like I was being ganged up the whole time. They were blocking each other but then a point came where I think Ethan and Lalisa were like “well either Piddu wins or we help each other win,” which resulted in Ethan putting his last two blocks on my side, making it impossible for me or him to win.
2016 days 5 hours ago
Piddu
Closing statement: Please give me your medals as I didn't sign up for this season just to watch Ethan win again (kidding kinda lol). I made moves to get him out but it is frustrating when others aren't willing to make a move against him.

I played a single game. I didn't recieve help in eliminations and challenges, I didn't have half the other team throw challenges for me, I didn't rat what my team was doing to the other team to help threats stay in. I did not have tons of friends protecting me. I didn't have people to help me gang up on others during challenges and eliminations.

I was literally at the bottom and clawed my way through. It is extremely difficult to play this game without having friends/support groups but also getting to final four while being in minority without facing an elimination (everyone else has been in twice at least). 

Thank you all. No hard feelings for anyone who felt I did them wrong. Good luck CJ and Ethan
2016 days 4 hours ago
Ethan000
That moment when I thought mine was too long, I'll elaborate more if I'm asked questions I guess
2016 days 3 hours ago
FrenchMaid
PAGE BUMP
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WatchfulFreshFerret-size_restricted.gif
2016 days 3 hours ago
FrenchMaid
PAGE BUMP
2016 days 3 hours ago
FrenchMaid
PAGE BUMP
2016 days 3 hours ago
FrenchMaid
2016 days 3 hours ago
Christian_
PAGE BUMP
2016 days 3 hours ago
FrenchMaid
2016 days 3 hours ago
Christian_
PAGE BUMP
2016 days 3 hours ago
FrenchMaid
test
2016 days 3 hours ago
FrenchMaid
testssss
2016 days 3 hours ago
Christian_
PAGE BUMP

open group

RSF Season 52: War of the Worlds

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!