This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season 14 Week 3 (Top 10)

Topic » Season 14 Week 3 (Top 10)

3100 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
3100 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Let's do reverse alphabetical this time :)
3100 days 21 hours ago
tdilindsayfan100
OMG I'm First O.o
3100 days 21 hours ago
Max7313
OMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOGMOGMGOM
3100 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
tdilindsayfan100

https://m.soundcloud.com/nickhazistan/chandelier-siacover

You have a very nice, soft voice. And I do feel like you really took the advice given to you. However I think song choice was your biggest issue. I think you went for a song meant for a voice with a huge range, while you have a small softer voice. Nevertheless I think you did a really solid job at controlling your voice and conveying the emotion of the song. Just watch your pitch and the notes you go for. Dont try to do something out of your range. Good job overall.
Yes my love, loving how dark and emotional the first verse is! This is a super hard song to sing, but I give you major credit! You really worked hard at this, but you tried making it your own which affected it a lot. You have to be careful how much you play with the song. Sometimes you should just leave it alone and just sing it how it’s sung. That’s where you struggled the most, was playing with the chorus a lot. It was a little all over the place. The beginning and ending were great though, I could really feel the dark emotion which was fantastic! Just gotta work at something that is comfortable with your voice and really focus on that itself!
Nice choice on the ballad version, and it was good, but I think you were a little too focused on the vocals and making sure you can hit it and not getting into the song. Like any time the lyrics built emotionally, vocally it seemed to just fade away. (Not just on the falsetto notes)
I like that you didn't try to overreach for any notes in this song. But it got a little shakey with jumping octaves.
Defninitely not the easiest song to sing, so way to go for taking the risk! I'd say the only thing is to try to really work on your higher notes (specifically your falsetto) because it's really quiet compared to the rest of your voice
3100 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Max7313

https://soundcloud.com/michael-marks-3574874/story-of-my-life-tki14-max7313

Up in here with some 1D, This wasn’t horrible, but it didn’t completely suit your voice! You kinda sounded a little whiney. The chorus was rough, there was some runs in there that you didn’t completely nail and they ran a little flat. There was some parts in the verses where there was definitely potential, but this was a extremely rough performance. I feel like it would’ve been better as an acoustic so you could take your time.
Ummm... i don't know what it is, but i feel like you were not happy with recording this and just felt in a bad mood. It just felt like I was being attacked. Brighten up a bit.
Max I love you as a person and think you have a good voice. However you sing through your nose too much. Which is very common. On the flipside though you also tended to sing flat. I definitely think with work that could improve but for this performance it wasnt the greatest. However I think overall you did really solid and im happy with your improvement. Keep it up!
As said in some of the critiques from last week, when you are performing a song as a solo that initially was by 2 or more people, it will almost always cause issues with tone and pitch because not every voice is in the same register/key (even though it might seem like it). Sometimes it works, but in this case, it knocked you off a bit.
Another one of my most favorite songs, and I think you did a lot better than last week, so congrats on that! (I heard that skype ping though!) Towards the end of the song, some of the pitches would get sloppy though, so make sure you finish off a song strong!
3100 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
lucasmaximo15

https://soundcloud.com/lucas-silva-437297273/youre-beautiful

You’re the cutest little nugget I swear, this song choice is literally poking at my heart. I don’t know how I feel about this song for you though. Don’t get me wrong you’re an absolute lovely singer, but this didn’t fit your voice to its full potential. It felt a bit boring! Definitely should’ve dropped the f bomb in the second verse haha I was anticipating a bit. Your verses were pretty good, but the chorus were a little rough. Your voice is capable of so much more, but you played it safe with this and it kinda affected it! You know what you can do with your voice and you just didn’t do it this performance, makes me sad because I’m a fan of yours!
Vocally, solid. doing well with these song choices vocally. I would say time to work on the performance.
Great job! Some of the parts seemed a little rushed to me, but I think you had another solid performance. You do a great job at using your dynamics, so keep up the great work!
Granted english is not your first language, and this might require the most work from you. Try to find the lyrics in spanish and read them. Find a good tone/meter for how you want to approach each section when working with the english as well. I know it's a lot of work, but it will truly push your recordings one step further. Like this week's song is a soft song about missed love and it did not translate.
Beautiful use of vibrato, as well as a smooth and wonderful execution. I commend on doing so strongly. Although you need to make sure you dont sing through your nose and watch to keep on time with your instrumental. Because it sounded rushed at times. Overall this was a damn strong vocal though!
3100 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
kingdomheartslover

https://soundcloud.com/arepp17/let-her-go-tg-idol-s14-week-3

You came out real deep which confused me a bit, then you quickly switched to high. It was iffy, you were kinda all over the place in the first verse. You switch from high to low, high to low, and that really affected it. You should just keep with one and just let it flow cause’ then it’s like a roller coaster effect and it draws away from the performance. It showed throughout the performance, that you really struggled with the verses. It’s very risky kinda making it your own because this is the outcome. The chorus wasn’t horrible but the verses take apart of the song in a huge way. You have a nice voice, you just need to learn how to work it for different songs. You had some lovely runs towards the end, so I think trying to over exagerate the song really hurt you and that makes me sad because it would’ve been a fantastic performance!
So.... even though you were doing your thing with the melody and regardless of the stylistic choices, you were also jumping in and out of keys making it sound flat/sharp depending on the moment and the key difference.
So much about this I do not agree with stylistically. I appreciate the risk and it worked in some of the parts. I like the idea of trying to put your own stamp on a song, but sometimes we need to only do slight changes to make it special.
I think you started the song really nicely, but in the first verse you seemed to change keys. You had the chorus down, but the verses seemed to be off for me.
Alright, I liked this. Ok? But I feel like you got lost in this performance. Like you couldn't decide how you wanted to sing the song. In turn it caused you to switch in and out of keys like crazy, as well as go off pitch at points.(You did have a few nice runs. :D) I think moving forward you should go back to the basics and do a simple song to really decide what direction you want head in vocally. Then you can move from there. I'd be glad to help you out too. Just let me know. Solid job!
3100 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
EnglishBB

https://soundcloud.com/englishbb/photograph-at-tengaged

You came out pretty strong! It was nice and simple, and it was lovely! You didn’t add anything unnecessary, which was great! The second verse you did a fantastic job! It’s good with these songs to keep it simple because they’re simple as is. The second chorus, the added run was lovely! You had some notes at the end that were really great! Overall, I’m quite happy with this! Very minor vocal flaws that didn’t really stand out so you should be happy with this one!
So, i don't know if it was the mic, if you were in the bathroom, if you were sick, but it sounded quite hollow/nasally. It made it hard to hear the actual lyrics in many moments. I feel like you are better than what you delivered here, both in a vocal and performance aspect
I love this song! I also love how hard you worked, and I want you to know that it showed. Your pitch was on, the dynamics were strong, and you gave an emotional take on the song. (Did you used to be Fergusonlegend?) My advice for you would be to make sure you enunciate all of your words and also to use some.more energy. If you do that you'll be set. Wonderful job!
I love this song, and I think you did a great job on covering it! I noticed that the one entrance was slightly missed (but covered up well). Otherwise, great job!
3100 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
carlisle

https://soundcloud.com/carlysles/runnin

Your song choices always make me giggle. You are just having fun with these choices and enjoying yourself. Just make sure you balance the backing track and make something pop in the later stages of the song so it doesn't get too repetitive.
This was a pretty solid performance, but it didn't have much that "popped" out to me. You showed off your nice vocal range, but it felt like the same thing the entire song.
It's a hard song because of all the slides and scales. I mean it's not as bad as Love on Top, but it's up there. You handled it well. There were a couple off moments, but nothing glaring and with all those runs, it's hard to keep on top and nail them all
I love your voice, and your tone. However I definitely think you struggled with portions of this song in connecting. I mean, at points you'd really connect and at other points it just felt robotic. Vocally it was good, you just need to work on connecting. Oh and maybe pick a song where you can more show off your voice.
Coming out strong af and I’m loving it. First verse you absolutely slayed, you sounded fantastic. This is right up your alley my love. This is what your voice is comfortable with, you can hear it in your voice that you’re comfortable with this and that makes me pleased! You had some runs in there that fell a little flat, but other than that you did a fantastic job, by far your best. If you recorded this in a studio, I would most definitely download. It was simple, but your voice worked with it so nicely.
3100 days 21 hours ago
immaxyman
lucas didn't even follow the theme rigged
3100 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
AndR31

http://vocaroo.com/i/s14HOGjtGDFZ

Yesyesyes! I’m loving this so far! Your runs are so lovely. The Goodbye is the second verse was a little meh, but you were solid from the beginning till then! I don’t know if it was the audio or quality of the sound, but you sounded like you struggled with the higher notes, but you kept it pretty solid throughout, I thought you did a lovely job, just be careful with the higher notes my dear! Everything else was on point, you were solid, you kept it basic but it wasn’t too much or too little, it was nice, i’m happy!
Okay, so your main issue with the lower parts is that it got really breathy because of the almost whisper-esque singing. I can hear your breathe being exhaled in almost every note.
It took me forever to realize this was you Deshon. But man, you're tone and dynamics have improved greatly. You also have a killer tone and the emotion was on point. A huge step up from the first time I heard you sing this song. However i do have to give you some advice, and that would be for you to watch your pitch when you extend notes. Because I noted when you held out your notes you tended to go off pitch. Solid overall!
Definitely a tougher song to sing, and I think you did a great job on it! The biggest thing that I would say is to make sure you have that quiet area in your house to be able to record so that there aren't distractions to your singing in the background.
Almost there in terms of the connection. Just watch your phrasing. Listen to what words you are stressing and how much energy is in there. Just in the basic lyric of  "say something I'm giving up on you" if you lose the energy and dip down on the last 2 word it just seems as if you are giving up, not giving up on YOU.
3100 days 21 hours ago
Max7313
^^^
3100 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
americanidolfan

https://soundcloud.com/americanidolfan123/skyscraper

You have a really strong grip of what your voice can, and can't do. However I felt you wavered a little in your strength for the first time, but i'm not saying it was bad; I simply had mixed emotions with the song. Some notes I loved oh so much, and others I wasnt the biggest fan of. One thing I am a fan of though is your range and I look forward to hearing more from you. My advice for you would be to choose something you can do smoother dynamics throughout to show off that control and training you have. Good job!
Pushing it vocally this week with your range. So far, I think this fit you vocally the least. Because when you weren't belting on the high notes, there was just a little bit of a strain that made it feel a little flat. When the belt came out you didn't have the problem because you could get completely behing the note
I really liked that I got to hear your lower voice, and it was a nice way to start off the song. You really showed off your range on this, and I hope you know you did a great job on this one! Way to really excel this week!
i know this critique has been said to you before and I will say it again. With ballads, you can very well do a great job with it, but it's missing the one last missing touch to truly bring it over the edge. If you know the song really well and don't need the lyrics, close your eyes and picture the person you are singing the ballad about. Bring that sentiment to the performance. I'm not feeling 100% connection in the ballads. I'm getting like 60%.  Push it a little more
Absolutely love this song so song choice on point! First verse you nailed, was simple, wasn’t too hard so came out strong. The chorus you like delayed skyscraper which was a little meh. I also wasn’t the biggest fan of the second verse. It was almost like you didn’t really know the song fully? I could be wrong, but I wasn’t the biggest fan! I don’t think this was the best song choice for you! I feel you struggled with it a bit and didn’t fully commit. Your ending is what saved you basically, you had notes in there I never heard you hit before. You always have to be careful with song choice because having a weak performance until the ending is super dangerous! You have to commit fully throughout the song, and really give it your all throughout, let it build up. The only thing I can critique is the second verse. It was very rough and all over the place, but like I said, the ending was near to flawless so good job!
3100 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01gohan

https://soundcloud.com/trebleclef-445703977/stitches-karaoke

Wow! You improve every season that you compete! I loved how you sang the song as well and it was a little funny because I sing this song in a very similar way. But above all the li-i-ife note at the beginning, the to-o-ouch note from the 1/3 point, and the ending note were some of my favorite points in the performance. Overall as well I feel you were nearly completely on pitch and you emoted really well. So my only tip is to make sure you dont overdo your vibrato. Great job!
Very solid on the vocals as always! I love hearing you sing, especially since you do such a good job on pretty much every song. I liked the part where you went to the higher register. Just make sure that you're not getting super shrill on the higher register.
The audio was very pretty, but I think you struggled a bit with this song. I think you started off a little high. Your voice didn’t really go with the audio. The chorus was simple but it was nice, you didn’t do anything too extravagant which may have saved you in my opinion. The middle was extremely rough and didn’t sound like you at all! It was way too high for your voice! You fell flat a couple times in the second verse as well so just be careful how low you go while singing. It was simple, so it wasn’t horrible, but you can do better. It became a bit boring.
So, this was solid in most aspects, but got a little shakey on the higher notes. Just make sure you put the same amount of energy behind those notes and not to force them.
Hate the song choice, but i think you connected and did well with the performance aspect of the song
3100 days 20 hours ago
Max7313
I agree, and the judges' lack to even acknowledge that the theme was not followed angers me a bit (no offense) but exceptions should not be made for some of the contestants

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!