This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Hollywood Week Day 3 Group 2: Performance Thread

Topic » Hollywood Week Day 3 Group 2:..

3707 days 8 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
MRADAMMAN12:

- this was a step up from your last performance, the vocals were more on, and it was funner that the last song. I think you need to work on your pitch, but overall it wasn't half bad.

- I think your voice very youthful,  i don't think that this choice was the best for you, in some spots in the song, you were a bit flat in the chorus, as the key was too high for your voice, also keep in mind of your breathing technique.

- Okay, this just has to be said. Just because you like a song, doesn't mean it's a good choice to sing. With such a difficult song there are so many little things that can go wrong but when the go wrong it seems huge and adds onto each other. This was a wrong wrong choice.

- Unfortunately, the thing I thought the most when you were performing is that your voice still needs to develop. The strength in it just isn't there yet and you tend to strain because of it. At points, you basically had to shout to attempt to hit the notes. If you continue on, I think it's going to be a bit of a difficult task finding you songs where you won't have to strain in attempt to hit notes. Good effort, but development is really needed and that's only going to come with time.
3707 days 8 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
JOGON:

- Okay... this song is officially on our banned list for next season. I'm over it. That being said... seriously, it was great up until you had to start belting in your higher range. Seriously, stop going so high with the belting.

- I like your voice, and I think this performance was pretty. You have a simple tone, and it's enjoyable. Your timing wasn't spot on, but overall it was a great performance. Not to mention those high notes!

- This was a nice and tender performance that was technically on point as well. I don't want to make this a habit for you, but I actually really enjoyed your few falsetto spots, but PLEASE DON'T USE THAT AGAINST ME AND CONTINUE USING IT JUST TO USE IT. It just seemed much more natural for you, as your voice is already a bit high and the transition in and out of it went much better than it usually does for others that attempt it in TI. I really, really, really enjoyed this. Love your curves and all your edges.

- Although you don't have the SOUL  I feed off in this song, you really tried to convey the emotion within the piece, you don't have the john legend voice, and you don't try to imitate him, you make it your own performance which is really commendable. I think that the control with your vibrato really help make the performance light up for me. One of your best performances for me.
3707 days 8 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
DID NOT POST:

DeeTee
RidersXD
3707 days 8 hours ago
nbkiller
I don't think I'll be making the 2nd chance round LOL
3707 days 8 hours ago
nbkiller
Maybe I shouldn't just use my first take of each song as my submission LOOOOOOOL
3707 days 8 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
RESULTS:

1 - ados707 - 1.25 (Automatically qualify for the live shows)
2 - Jogon - 3.25 (Automatically qualify for the live shows)
3 - JamieN8954 - 3.5 (Automatically qualify for the live shows)
4 - 77sparks77 -  5.5 (Automatically qualify for the live shows)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
? - deontae4ever - ? (Moving onto the Second Chance Round)
? - Mrpokeguy9 - ? (Moving onto the Second Chance Round)
? - snowflake3 - ? (Moving onto the Second Chance Round)
? - Turney1805 - ? (Moving onto the Second Chance Round)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9 - nbkiller - 8.75 (Automatically Eliminated by Judges)
10 - narddog96 - 9.5 (Automatically Eliminated by Judges)
11 - Mradamman12 - 9.5 (Automatically Eliminated by Judges)
12 - deetee - DID NOT POST (Automatically Eliminated by Judges)
13 - RidersXD - DID NOT POST (Automatically Eliminated by Judges)

Congratulations to those of you who have advanced to the next round. You will have the next round off! Those of you were in the middle group will have to perform once again for a chance at making the live shows, but I'll get back to that in a moment. To those of you who were eliminated, thank you VERY MUCH for your participation in the season -- try not to get too down about it, as the judges heard positive things about each and every one of you. Do not hesitate to come back for another season and keep on singing!

Middle group: You will receive more information tomorrow, but your performances will be due on Sunday, April 15th at 11:59PM EDT. Any song of your choice.
3707 days 6 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Correction -- Sunday the 13TH***
3706 days 23 hours ago
JamieN8954
Yay, I made the live shows :D I actually expected to at least perform again, never thought I would make it straight to the live shows :D Thank you judges :)
3706 days 21 hours ago
77sparks77
This is like the best I've ever done in TI! Thanks so much, promise I'll keep working! ;)
3706 days 18 hours ago
mradamman12
Ugh. :(
3706 days 15 hours ago
snowflake3
i'll take middle groups! excited to perform again

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!