This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[ALL STARS] Week #10: Get A Model Who Can Do Both

Topic » [ALL STARS] Week #10: Get A..

2651 days 14 hours ago
Oswald19
Previously on Ozzy’s Next ALL STAR Top Model…
This season’s final twist brought Yaja brought back into the competition when she won the battle back competition. The final seven ALL STARS then headed overseas to the stunning Lima, Peru. Utilizing the Peruvian backdrop as inspiration, the models had to pay homage to their stunning new home in a high fashion photo shoot. Millie wowed the judges with her high fashion take on a typical Peru marketplace and she nabbed her second number one photo. Augustine also impressed and was voted Fiercest Model of the Week for the third week in a row. Lucia and Kasia landed in the bottom two for their strong connection to the theme but underwhelming face and body poses. In the end, Kasia was spared and Lucia was the next ALL STAR to fade out. Now only six girls are left. Millie, Augustine, Kasia, Yaja, Lalisa, and Anuthida. WHO WILL BE ELMINATED NEXT?

Hello, hello, hello the sickening six! This is the part of the competition where everything matters. Don’t get lazy now and give it everything you have. We are watching. There are only 3 more eliminations until the finalists are announced. Work hard.

-PHOTO SHOOT-
This is a big week ladies! That’s because you will not be doing just ONE photoshoot, but TWO!!!! That’s right, this week you will have to submit two sickening photos.

Photo #1: Your Brand Solidified
In week 1 we asked you to name your ALL STAR brand. And now, week 10, we want to see how you have evolved that same brand. You will submit a HIGH FASHION photo that embodies your brand from week 1. If you feel like your brand has evolved in some way please explain your alternate brand and your photo. Here are your brands from week 1 that YOU chose.

ANUTHIDA “African Goddess”
LALISA “Pink Aegyo”
KASIA “Sexy Fierce”
MILLIE “The Original Queen”
YAJA “Queen of the Conceptual Pageant”
AUGUSTINE “The Dark Horse”

Photo #2: Opposites Attract
For your second photo this week, you will be asked to submit a HIGH FASHION photo that is OPPOSITE your brand. You can define opposite anyway you’d like but make sure the photo stands out and proves that you can stick to your brand or do the opposite and STAY FIERCE no matter what. Please submit 1-2 sentences of what you define as your opposite brand.

-CHALLENGE-
We are getting down to the wire so we want to see you all in action. For this week’s challenge, you will be taking OUR JOB. That’s right, one of the prizes for winning Ozzy Next ALL STAR Top Model is a spot on next season’s judging panel. So we want to see if you got the goods. This week you will be posting critiques just like we do!

After everyone has posted photos and the deadline has passed, I will message you to post your critiques of your fellow competitors. PLEASE DO NOT POST UNTIL I TELL YOU TO!  After you have posted critiques, you will send me what you think the callout order should be, not including yourself.

As far as the critiques, we are not looking for 10 page essays here. Keep it simple and keep it constructive. Unlike more challenges, your performance on this WILL impact the judges’ final callout order.

-FIERCEST MODEL OF THE WEEK-
Your weekly poll has been posted and don’t forget to get those votes! Augustine is on a three week streak, can anyone beat her? There is only one way to find out!

This is a big week, so don’t get bogged down in the minor details! Stay fierce and get it done!

PHOTOS DUE: FRIDAY at 10pm PST (wait for me to tell you when to post your critiques)
***Also, PS. My birthday is this coming Saturday, so I will not be checking Tengaged as much, if at all. I will most likely return Sunday night to resume the competition! Thanks for your patience!
2651 days 14 hours ago
Oswald19
I had a clarifying question! Hope it helps!

Q: I don't understand what you want for our first photoshoot. Are you asking for a better picture of our week 1 brand photo?

A: We are looking for just another demonstration of your brand or an evolution of your brand if you feel it has evolved in someway. So you should submit a different photo that shows you can still work with your brand.
2650 days 20 hours ago
Millzipede
For the my photos this week I wanted to play on the idea of the 'queen' or royalty, and display that in a somewhat literal sense. In my first photo I think I'm managing to give off royal vibes with the elegant dress, thick furs and the headpiece in what appears to be a traditional country house or manor with the tapestries on the walls. I wanted to show elegance, while also showing off the fierceness that would inevitably get me crowned the winner of my cycle.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_i3U5GtTpNp8/S7Epiim7EjI/AAAAAAAADHM/z3xNKPo7eH0/s1600/89429_ct11_122_764lo.jpg

For my 'opposite' photo I wanted to convey that same 'original queen' through my experiences in the first 3 weeks of this competition - failing, and devoid of my title, almost a riches to rags story. In those first three weeks, I was consistently at the bottom of the pack and had essentially lost my 'queen' title and I tried to show that with my dress is torn, the luxurious manor house being absent and instead finding myself in the woods next to a rusting bed frame.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4WUEAQUdMh4/VpKCLSEee_I/AAAAAAAASa4/9ypewLKtxro/s1600/2006-12c.jpg
2650 days 20 hours ago
aliciafox2
At first I was the young korean girl with pink hair who just look fresh but was not enough fierce at some photoshoots. A glowy girl, a cute girl but my aegyo stoped me from deliver what judges wanted.

http://i.imgur.com/figPcmv.jpg

Now I am an asian goddess and you can call me your new empress of fashion. Im fierce now, Im reckless and agressive and people must be careful cause this little girl can transform into a black swan in just a blink of your watery eyes crying for such magnificent transformation.

http://i.imgur.com/dKSaGCo.png
2650 days 17 hours ago
aliciafox2
I've been always this goddess african queen who slays at being sexy, at looking body flawless with a perfect skin tone and legs for days. If one girl represents sexiness here its me Anuthida . I am a goddess and you can look it at my photo

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/cd/64/ab/cd64ab8376a9b9d1a1dba17376209288.jpg

But sometimes I failed to deliver something beyond the body. My face was blank, sometimes harsh, maybe too commercial and I missed almost every oportunity to prove that Im not just a sexy black girl who is here to be the black token, I can be vulnerable, fragile and I can show you that without using my body, just my face. No makeup, no hair done, just me against the camera without anything but a jacket

http://oi57.tinypic.com/70uyyp.jpg
2650 days 13 hours ago
k4r4k
Sexy fierce seemed like a basic catergory, so I feel starting week two I took on a "bold and sultry" brand at the suggestion of a most kind judge. Kasia is comfortable in her skin. She loves to be styled in bold looks that make the person looking at the magazine stop and say "whoa" and "I must have that __(insert name of any item I'm wearing)__!" She likes the idea of in your face fashion. My bold and sultry brand draws your attention and sells.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/27/bc/54/27bc54f0254e8517e7612b4bbaff5969.jpg

In my opposite photo instead of being bold and sultry, im poised, proper, and powerful. My confidence is still there as I stare down the camera, with the intent that the consumer feels like I am looking right at them. I am not afraid; I am fearless. Kasia always wants to take risks but with this she shows she can be more demure yet still very present.

http://ask-anita.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/CD6.jpg
2650 days 9 hours ago
ninjohn
Yaja: "At this beginning, I was the Queen of the Conceptual Pageant, almost untouchable. However, throughout the course of this competition, I've definitely taken a, um...dive. However, I have definitely worked to rise above it and now I've returned as one of the hardest workers left here. No longer sitting easy on my throne, I push myself to show I AM an ALL. STAR. My brand is "The Girl Who Pushes Through the Darkness" and I'm GIVING IT."

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/94/90/5f/94905fa9a7809e19cf19e47dc6efa347.jpg

"The opposite to a girl who's fighting off darkness...is a girl who seems to have never touched it. This is the opposite of my brand because this isn't someone who has to work hard to do well; it's someone who just...does. They've already landed on the throne and they've got colour, glamour and everything nice as effortless as it comes~"

https://40.media.tumblr.com/3d298d7faae5400b618e0b796f4f7411/tumblr_ny60bwjtTI1qb2yato2_540.jpg
2650 days 8 hours ago
Maicolx3
This photo has a lot of meaning in who I am as a model and how I have grown in this competition. In this photo you can see both dark and light. The darkness that surrounds her represents Augustine at the beginning of the competition, and before her journey here in Ozzy's Next ALL STAR Top Model. It represents her brand "The Dark Horse." The light in her face represents Augustine's growth in this competition. Augustine has managed to make her self known throughout this competition. She has managed to prove to everyone else that she IS capable of winning and shouldn't be underestimated.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZruRXt0Iw04/TyZ4DorltUI/AAAAAAAAGGA/hEe2z3H-Jds/s1600/anja_rubik4.jpg

When I thought about what the opposite of a "Dark Horse" can be, I instantly thought, someone who is known to win, or someone who stands out and considered a front runner. Well, in the fashion industry, SEX SELLS! Sex always wins! You see one model working a beautiful dress and then you see an almost nude model working a stunning jacket. Who are you instantly drawn to, or notice more? Nude model working a stunning jacket because SEX SELLS! In this photo you can see my sexy side coming out, but also maintaining my inner "Dark Horse!"

http://revolvernyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Shot_02_018_v5a-copy.jpg
2650 days 8 hours ago
Oswald19
Time is up! Ladies, you may now post your critiques of you competitors and send me your Callout orders in a private message! Have fun and good luck!
2650 days 6 hours ago
Oswald19
Post the critiques in this thread!
Then, send me the orders!
2650 days 5 hours ago
ninjohn
It's time for YAJA'S CRITIQUES, HENNY. You been read~ *picks up tablet*

Once in a lifetime and one in a million, MILLIE!
I love your first picture. It speaks regality, it speaks class, it speaks opulence; as a pageant person, furs are ALWAYS in style for me. I think it might be more "upper class woman" than queen however but it's a strong picture regardless.
-
As for your second picture, it is conceptual to DEATH which I always love to see. However, based on your description, this dress doesn't translate as rags to me. I like the torn concept but it's not really torn, it's just a flamenco styled sort of dress, isn't it? I feel like while it is a nice picture, in the context of someone struggling and fighting for their title as queen...this might not have fit the best way.

Hajiman in the name of LALISA!
I think you may have misunderstood the assignment a little...but regardless, you stayed with your old theme which I think is nice to begin with. Your picture certainly reflects your brand but it is indeed a little...safe to me. Maybe a full body shot would show that you're working more in the picture? Regardless, I think it's a safe picture.
-
Again, I'm not sure if the concept of the shoot was fully grasped...But I really like this picture. It's so stark and so powerful at the glance and so conceptual, I'm living. The straps on the body make it look a little like a straitjacket and the way the body bends seems a little unnatural...but from the neck up, flawless to me. I approve.

Naomi. Tyra. ANUTHIDA!
This looks familiar~! In this description, I think this photo is a real knockout. It's sensual, it's cultural, it's showing what you say is your own best assests with your legs...I think it's fierce. Living!
-
...Hm. As much as I do understand that this is the exact opposite of what your original brand was...it may have been too far. The photo is supposed to be high fashion, pushing the boundaries of couture to a next level. With only the jacket and the face, this almost looks a bit mugshot-y. You didn't use your body so congrats on that...But I'm not sure this is the best picture overall.

She'll amaze ya, it's KASIA!
I think this photo is very unique and in a good way. You look delicate in the photo, your figure looks nice, long and slim. The choice of clothing and...not clothing was very well thought out. The picture is a tad bit blurry but other than that, I'm stirred!
-
Oooo, living! This pose is exactly what you sell on the tin. It's poised, it's proper and it is indeed powerful. It is bold and sultry to me as well but that's in no ways a bad thing. Everything fits in with what you describe and I think this came together really nicely. Nice job!

The only Rose that is THIS sweet, AUGUSTINE!
Interesting...a queen after my own heart conceptually. I think you, as a model, look fierce. I think the wardrobe looks a little jester-y around your shape and doesn't compliment you as much as it should. And also, if the darkness represents the hardest times at the start, why is it still there? It's top six now henny, close to the end! Regardless, it's androgynous, fierce, I love YOU and I think it's nice.
-
Interesting! I think this picture is quite stirring. While the explanation to this being an opposite to dark horses was a bit convoluted, this picture is just beautiful to look at and I love the relation between them.
2650 days ago
aliciafox2
Do you know how many asian pink haired models are? hahaha also my brand is aegyo so then Im not gonna look fierce when my brand is being cute hahaha
2649 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
I'll now post my critiques for your photos :)

[ L A L I S A ]
Photo #1:
I like this shot and I think it fits your brand perfectly. Is it similar to some of the photos that you've submitted in the past? Yes, but honestly I think it just shows that you know who you are inside and out. You look beautiful, both in terms of styling as well as in your facial expression. I would like to see something extra behind the eyes, as I think you look borderline sad/upset which I'm sure you're not, but other than that I think it's a really lovely photograph of you.

Photo #2:
I also really like this shot as well, mostly because it's completely different to your first photo. You've lost the nice-girl image and are really giving us an avant-garde look which is very hard to pull off. Although the head-piece is extraordinary and takes up the entire frame, my eye still ends up looking at your face, which as a model is what you should always aim to achieve - to steal the spotlight, yet not overshadow the product. Personally, I would have liked to have seen a full-body shot, as with such a dramatic head-piece it not only creates a lot of 'white space' in the shot, but also leaves you at the bottom of the frame which just looks a little odd to the eye.

[ A N U T H I D A ]
Photo #1:
This shot is so fierce, and I'm so glad you finally got a chance to use this shot. Like you said, you are the definition of sexiness here and you are working it from head to toe. Your eyes are extremely powerful and your lips look so good as well - everything about your face is so captivating to me. For me though, I'm not sure that I necessarily see 'goddess' though. I see an absolutely stunning African woman, but to me the whole goddess vibe is lost.

Photo #2:
You personally know how much I love this photo and for every single reason that you stated. I see that vulnerable side, and to me not every photo in a competition like this has to be extremely fierce. A 'best photo' doesn't have to be about dynamic poses or powerful eye contact, which is what I feel the judges this season want, but it can be about natural beauty away from all of the dramatics. This is so effortless and natural and I think really encapsulates everything about your brand.

[ K A S I A ]
Photo #1:
I admire your change in brand as I agree that your initial theme was a little basic (like mine tbh) so I'm glad that you took a risk to go with something different, and I get that vibe from your shot. I think you mastered the balance between being sexy and sultry without looking slutty, which can be notoriously difficult when posing half-nude. The pose is strong, and by creating all of these angles with your body, you are making my eye dart around the shot which is what you want the viewer to do. The only think I would improve upon is the face, which looks a little vacant to me which I just don't think matches up with your body language or your brand.

Photo #2:
Overall I would say I much prefer this shot to your first one, but I'm not sure if this is necessarily the opposite of your chosen brand. I don't see sultry, but this is definitely bold to me, both in terms of your facial expression as well as your general styling. I would have imagined the opposite of your initial shot being a lot more relaxed, with a serene film and natural colours rather than such a striking look. I do think you look beautiful though, and this is definitely one of the more memorable shots of the week in my eyes.

[ Y A J A ]
Photo #1:
I'm afraid to say Yaya but I really don't like this photo at all. The styling is just bizarre and looks like either a drag queen's outfit, or like part of the wardrobe for a sci-fi film rather than an avant-garde look. For me, the outfit all seems to merge into one and I'm not sure as a consumer, what it is you're supposed to be selling to me. Staying is a matter of personal preference though, so I will try not to factor that into my call-out order. Aside from
2649 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
Oh no I got cut off lol
2649 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
[ Y A J A ]
Photo #1:
I'm afraid to say Yaya but I really don't like this photo at all. The styling is just bizarre and looks like either a drag queen's outfit, or like part of the wardrobe for a sci-fi film rather than an avant-garde look. For me, the outfit all seems to merge into one and I'm not sure as a consumer, what it is you're supposed to be selling to me. Staying is a matter of personal preference though, so I will try not to factor that into my call-out order. Aside from that, I  feel the pose if halfway there. If you're going posing in an outfit as dramatic as this one, I feel your pose needs to match it, and to me it looks as if you're marking your positions, rathe than going for it with everything you've got.

Photo #2:
I definitely prefer this photo to your first, but I'm still not 100% convinced with it. I appreciate the bold look, and this time I actually quite enjoy the theatrics of it all. The outfit looks amazing on you, the shoes in particular which I can't seem to take my eyes off of. You do come off a little short in this photograph because you are sitting face-on to the camera. Had you either leant to the side of the chair, or twisted your body 40 degrees, you would have been able to extend your body lengthways to give the impression you are much taller than you are.

[ A U G U S T I N E ]
Photo #1:
I really like this shot Augustine. It's different and it's edgy, but I definitely think it works as not only as a fashion shot, but as a good representation of your brand. I like the pose, and like Kasia's photo, I appreciate how you have created so many shapes with your body as to keep the viewer interested, as well as to bring to attention all of the accessories you are wearing. Personally, I would have preferred it if you had your eyes open so you could really connect with the camera, but regardless I still believe this is one of the stronger shots this week.

Photo #2:
Wow that body! This shot is truly stellar to me, and I think you are one of the only girls who truly mastered both sides of her brand. This shot absolutely screams sex appeal to me, but without crossing that line to the stage where it's inappropriate. You are selling the jacket, you are selling the jewellery and you are selling the shoes, which is truly what a working model SHOULD be doing. I think the closed eye look works much better here than in the previous shot and helps to create a spontaneous 'moment' rather than making the pose look forced. Definitely the strongest shot of the week in my eyes.
2649 days 21 hours ago
Maicolx3
Millie: Millie, I like the overall concept of the photo, and where you were going with it, but unfortunately the execution didn't work for me. You look bored and it looks like the dress is wearing you. Your pose is also weak. When I think of a queen, I think of someone who stands out and commands presence. Unfortunately I don't see that here.

Millie: WURK!!!! Now this is what I am talking about baby!!! You are giving me chills in this photo. First off, that dress is stunning and it's definitely not wearing you! You're also commanding presence which I like! I also like the route in which you took for the opposite of "Original Queen", it makes sense. I will say maybe show your neck next time! GOOD JOB!

Lalisa: This photo is actually underwhelming for me because I know you can do so much better! I see the effort in which you took to look more fierce and come out of that aegyo, but at this stage, a beautiful girl with pink hair looking at the camera isn't gonna do it. I want you to push harder next time!

Lalisa: I definitely like this photo better than your first, but it's not your best work. I would've liked to see the rest of your body and your face also looks kind of strange. There's also something about this photo that I don't like, but quite can't put a finger on it. I will say you're working that head piece! Overall not a bad job!

Anuthida: First of all, I will restrain myself from commenting on this picture. You have been told that this picture is AMAZING already and it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the girls if this picture was allowed. You should know better!

Anuthida: I like where you were going with this. I think your brand was a hard one to find an opposite to, but you managed to make it work! Unfortunately this photo is weak. I think you could've found an even better picture. A more high fashion picture with a fragile girl, but this photo seems unprofessional and not to the standards of this competition.

Kasia: YASSS QUEEN!!! SLAY!!!! Now this is what I call "Bold and Sultry." I like that you tweaked your brand a little without changing the whole meaning. I feel the sexiness oozing out of you.... lol. Everything in this picture scream sexy. Your face, your pose, the sensuality. This is picture perfect and I like that you stayed true to your brand.

Kasia: *dies* This picture is literally everything you described and I LOVE IT!! I can't reiterate what you've already said. You look fearless and ready to take on the world. The outfit also matches with what you were going for. AWESOME JOB!

Yaja: I am sorry, but this picture is not doing it for me. The photo looks cheap and the whole outfit is just TOO much. Your legs have also been cut off. This SCREAMS unprofessional and at this stage, this can't be accepted. Above all that, I will say the model looks FIERCE, but the outfit just takes over the whole photo.

Yaja: I've been noticing that in your pictures you don't really stand out and that's because you focus SO much on the background and the not so important things that you end up getting lost in your photos. Like in your last photo, theres too much going on here with the lights, colors, and flowers that I forget about you. Please work on that! I know you can be a great model!

open group

Ozzy and Kasia's Next Top Model: SOON!!!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!