This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[ALL STARS] Week #9: ¡Bienvenido TODAS LAS ESTRELLAS a Perú!

Topic » [ALL STARS] Week #9:..

2653 days 20 hours ago
Oswald19
Previously on Ozzy’s Next ALL STAR Top Model…
With some bitter feelings about judging, the girl knew they had to deliver in a high stakes photo shoot working some fierce jewelry. With her photo truly capturing amazing sparkle and shine, Millie scored her first number one photo of the competition. The judges had mixed feelings about Kallie and Lalisa’s photos which landed them in the bottom two. With every girl bringing it as ALL STARS, Kallie was cut from her consistently middle of the pack performance. However before she was sent home, she had one last chance to come back with this season’s dramatic battle back twist. In the final face off, Yaja beat out both Kallie and Gabrielle and was officially welcomed back into the competition. With no more second chances left, the models will have to give it all in the city of Lima, Peru or their top model story will be over.

Welcome final 7!!! (Again)! You are officially the final 7 and nothing will change that fact from here. There are no more battle backs or twists. You are only relying on yourself and your ALL STAR brand. We are watching closely, so make us all proud.

-PHOTO SHOOT-
For your next assignment, we are asking you to take inspiration from the wonderful country of Peru, your overseas location. Your task is to submit a HIGH FASHION PHOTO that is INSPIRED BY PERU in some way! You can focus on architecture, focus on rustic backdrops, focus on the stunning beaches and tropical landscape, whatever the choice, make it fierce and make PERU proud to have you!

Please also submit 1-2 sentences regarding your inspiration for this photo. This is a tougher photo shoot than usual so don’t get lazy! Bring the fierceness. Everyone left here is good, so even a strong photo will get you sent home. WE NEED YOUR BEST.

-FIERCEST MODEL OF THE WEEK-
Your weekly poll has been posted!! Get those votes and make the international fans proud to call you their top model. Who will be Fiercest Model of the Week this week? That’s up to YOU!!!

Photos due: WEDNESDAY, JAN. 25th at 3pm PST
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
2653 days 19 hours ago
melindaMrskk
Lucia's photoshoot:

I decided to feature a animal in my photo which is known to Peru it may not be the most attractive animal but it's where Alpaca's are most common. The mountains in Peru are stunning and the outfits are weird and colourful. The styling of hair is completely different and stands out. So I decided to feature a mixture of what's common in Peru into one photo. It's fierce and high fashion with a little assistant to help!

Photo: http://www.culmix.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Peru-fashion-vogue-mexico-2.jpg
2653 days 17 hours ago
k4r4k
Kasia'a photo:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3e/d0/8b/3ed08b41a8f3c6a0d980386dac3eb4d9.jpg

I felt like an Incan princess! I felt my pose was just enough - commanding and drawing your focus but allowing the wild clothes to speak for themself. Peru is all about bright colors and bold patterns. The clothes definitely pop as I stand in the midst of a herd of Peruvian sheep. I felt like it was just another day at work until the wind caught my hair and my face found the light...that's when the magic happened :)
2653 days 11 hours ago
ninjohn
Yaja: "When I think of Peru, I think of lively colors, thriving nature and rich history. With this photo, I'm giving the lively colors to represent Peru's ever-alive spirit. I'm letting myself fully embrace the fierce flora available. And I even let the couch be made out of Peruvian material, look at that iconic stitching! All while modernizing the look and bringing it into something fierce and sticks to my aesthetic of a pageant story teller(sorry Allie, I'm still pageant~!). High fashion down; I. Am. HERE!"

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/12/23/c9/1223c907040f048e2ca8ed461c99d7d6.jpg
2653 days 4 hours ago
aliciafox2
I posted them in the wrong thread xD

Lalisa: http://www.fashiongonerogue.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/catherine-mcneil-photo-shoot12.jpg

Need to say something after seeing the photo? This was shoot at Peru (Macchu Pichu ruins) and it represents the typical colorful clothes of that wonderful land.

Anuthida's : https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/2f/7d/ff/2f7dffb41ca61ce451507fc2f953ea2e.jpg

Well everyone is using lama and colorful clothes to express what Peru is, and thats not bad at all but for me Peru is nature. Once I traveled to Peru and their mountains are beautiful. I wanna portray me as a goddess that lives in the top of a mountain. Y sobre Perú decir que fue fantástico visitarlo y espero la verdad volver a ir con mucha ansía porque es un país precioso con una gente muy humilde y amable.
2653 days ago
Millzipede
Photo: http://www.helenabordon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/IMG_1884.jpg

Instead of posing in one of Peru's famous landmarks I tried to take a unique spin on the shoot. Here I wanted to resemble everyday Peru life, showcasing the market culture which is so integral to many families who live in and around Lima. In particular, fish is one of Peru's primary exports, so I like how I was able to showcase that in the background. I'm also in love with the outfit's ability to merge traditional Peruvian and Inca designs with modern fashion and style.
2652 days 20 hours ago
k4r4k
Ooh I like that Millie :) that's one I didn't find
2652 days 20 hours ago
Maicolx3
Augustine Rose: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fCXVz10Lgos/UUvWyM9mkjI/AAAAAAADtUM/5YG38SWQBQA/s1600/bir87M2.jpg

I chose this shot because it actually quite different from the rest and ai wanted to show that I can work pants as well and not just dresses. My inspiration for this photoshoot is the beautiful scenery, her colorful earrings and overall outfit. It all screams PERU to me and I love it. Notice how I am more androgynous in this photo. But still keeping to my brand :)
2652 days 20 hours ago
Maicolx3
Just in time! Wish you would've extended the time a little more.
2652 days 20 hours ago
Oswald19
TIME IS UP! The judges will now post our critiques.
2652 days 16 hours ago
Oswald19
Let’s see what the judges thought of your Peruvian photo stories this week!

LUCIA: The two great things about this photo is your dress and the alpaca. The rest of your photo is underwhelming to me. I think your face looks a little sleepy and your pose is very commercial and not inspiring. I would have loved you interacting with the alpaca in some way or maybe even making your dress have movement and energy to it. In general, I think this is a nice photograph but I plain photograph, I want to see a stronger face from you!

KASIA: This photo is eerily similar to Lucia’s photo and it’s freaking me out a bit. Kind of the same situation as Lucia. I really love the outfit and I love the environment you are surrounded in. The pose is pretty basic here and not really giving me anything. Unlike Lucia’s photo however, I do think your face is a tiny bit stronger and the energy of your hair flip is giving me something that I am interested in. Overall, I don’t love the photo but I think there is something here.

YAJA: Your pose in this photo is giving me life. I love how you are just sitting there, like “what are you looking at?” So in that sense, the humor of this photo is working for me. I think the colors and the environment as a whole is really working for me as well. I liked the nice touch on a Peru inspired photo. Honestly though, I find this photo kind of forgettable. Your energy and your passion in the comeback challenge isn’t being showcased here and I want that girl back!

LALISA: I love the overall concept. I totally get how it is Peru inspired, the moment I looked at it. I love the headdress and I love the outfit as well. However, it looks like you have no arms to me. I know that this was intentional on your part but I can’t stop looking at it for that reason. I think your face is quite lovely and fierce but as a whole, this shot is giving me the heebee jeebees, and not in like a good fashion way. Don’t forget your limbs!

ANUTHIDA: I find this photo to be very striking in the sense that most of the girls really went for the colorful and larger than life looks and this sepia tone photo is really engaging. Sadly, I think this photo is also not that over the top amazing. I think you look so beautiful but I am just not really connecting to your story of Peru. I think your beauty really is saving you here because overall, this photo is not doing much for me in terms of the whole concept.

MILLIE: I mean HELLO!!! This photo is MAGINIFICENT!!! I love how you interpreted the challenge in this unique and innovative way and really push the boundaries of what we expected. I love the pose, I love the outfit, and I love the attitude in the face as well. It’s just so much goodness in one photo. This is the second week where you have really blown me away and I am happy to see it. This is up to you to keep the fierceness alive and well!
2652 days 14 hours ago
__A__
Lucia: I definitely see Peru here, you nailed the theme. I have mixed feelings about you in the photo. I think you look amazing, but I wish you had a little more life in your face. I really like the photo, but I find myself wondering if you took away the great background/alpaca if it would really stand out to me. You need to sell the photo with you and only you.

Kasia: I have similar feelings about your photo as Lucia, I feel like if you remove the sheep and background I don’t know if it’s super strong. I do think your face is nice. I think your limbs look a bit stiff, and I don’t necessarily feel the connection to your story. I think it is visually interesting, and it’s not a bad photo but it could be stronger.

Yaja: I don’t know if I really see Peru here, but I do think you look great. I love how you can power through the sunglasses. You are giving attitude and I love it. My favorite thing about this photo is the lines and angles that you are creating with your body. Visually, this is a very dynamic photo and that is a huge plus! I do wish you were styled differently though because your clothes kind of blend in too much with the background, I think you could have pushed a little more to stand out.

Lalisa: I wish you had arms in this photo. Other than that, I think this is amazing. Your neck is long, you look amazing, the theme is there, and your face is to die for. I really like this photo from you. I am so happy to see you getting stronger and stronger in this competition.

Anuthida: I think this is a beautiful shot of you. I don’t think this really says Peru to me, but I think you look stunning. I love how long your legs are and the softness and vulnerability you are evoking. Nice job.

Millie: I think you look amazing, and the background is great, but you look very uninterested. You just have a bored look on your face. I think a little more tension in your face would have really sold this picture for me.  You have all this attitude in your body, but your face isn’t giving me the same.  But you are selling the clothes while still making yourself look good, so I do think it’s a decent shot, but you have shown us that you can deliver stronger photos than this.

Augustine: This photo is underwhelming for me. I think your angles are off for your lower body. Your front leg looks really long, but with the way you’re bending your back leg and leaning away from the camera it looks really really short. Your front foot looks huge while your back one looks tiny. It’s really throwing me off. I think you are styled really well and you have connected with the theme. For me, this photo would have been much better if it was from the waist up. But be careful with your eyes as well. Your right eye is looking up too far and it looks like it’s rolling back into your head.
2652 days 14 hours ago
Oswald19
Oh snap! I forgot Augustine! So sorry!

AUGUSTINE: I like the concept  this photo and I like the look of surrounding environment  but I think you are bringing it. I think the poses a little basic and your eyes are looking to hire up into the sky. In general I do think your face is pretty fierce not gonna lie but as a whole this photo just isn't really working for me. I do like the styling now I think that looks great. Don't forget stronger poses though!
2652 days 14 hours ago
Oswald19
I just close the Fiercest model of the week Poll and it was a close one!  However it looks like Augustine edged her way to the victory. Congrats girl! You won!
2652 days 8 hours ago
aliciafox2
Can I Just say that this week reminds me of ghost trainwreck photoshoot of cycle 22 xD we Just need a Bello picture
2652 days 4 hours ago
k4r4k
I hope what I did this week is enough since I haven't wowed the judges! I stuck to the theme and really want to continue my journey :))

open group

Ozzy and Kasia's Next Top Model: SOON!!!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!