This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S3: Masked! Round 11: All About Eve

Topic » S3: Masked! Round 11: All..

457 days 10 hours ago
FromAWindow
Hello masked contestants and welcome to your ELEVENTH round! Wow!!!!!!!! Congrats on surviving ten rounds!

Congrats on making it to our next phase of the competition! This is the first round where you all will be submitting double the songs! You will have to answer to two different prompts! And to help get me through the jump from 9 songs to 16 songs I’ve asked a VERY SPECIAL guest to help judge this round with me!!! The TSC and HSC group already knows and loves her but welcome to this weeks judging my irl best friend…

This theme is: All About Eve!

EVEEEEEEEEE!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!

For those who don’t know, Eve and I have the almost same exact taste when it comes to judging other peoples’ music she just leans more likely to like women over men than I do!!! For this round, I am asking a simple task. Because we are celebrating Eve’s presence, you need to send songs to hopefully add to the two playlists she owns that we play the most when we’re together!!!

Prompt 1: Barefoot in a Sunny Meadow

What song would you add to this playlist? Think of a chill, yet bright vibe. Something relaxing, uplifting, and earthy!

Prompt 2: Driving Down a Highway, Windows Down

What song would you add to this playlist? Think slightly nostalgic sounding, something upbeat, something to be blasted!

Y’all have around 2 days to send your songs! Make sure to send your songs to Tim! Good luck everyone!
453 days 3 hours ago
tbrown_47
Barefoot in a Sunny Meadow
453 days 3 hours ago
tbrown_47
1) I Wish You Roses by Kali Uchis

2) Feint by Greentea Peng

3) Pool by Still Woozy, Remi Wolf

453 days 3 hours ago
tbrown_47
4) Trouble Sleeping by Corinne Bailey Rae

5) Love You by Tom Ford ft. Poppy Ajudha

6) Summer Girl by HAIM

453 days 3 hours ago
tbrown_47
7) One Night with the Valet by Tennis

8) Western Wind by Carly Rae Jepsen

453 days 3 hours ago
tbrown_47
Driving Down a Highway, FromAWindows Down
453 days 3 hours ago
tbrown_47
1) Graffiti by CHVRCHES

2) Ecstasy by Rose Grey

3) Roller Coaster by Chelmico

453 days 3 hours ago
tbrown_47
4) Mama Told Me by Alex Newell

5) California Palms by Maty Noyes

6) Pretty Baby by Vanessa Carlton

453 days 3 hours ago
tbrown_47
7) Feel The Way I Do by Primer

8) Must Be Dreaming by Frou Frou

450 days 9 hours ago
FromAWindow
Hello all! Welcome to the results show!!!

Eve and I have listened to your songs and wow. The Sunny Mellow round, y’all KILLED it!!!!! The Highway Windows Down round, wow that was a FLOP!!!!! Get ready for some contradicting comments and rankings!!!!!

With that said, 3 of you performed well enough to place in the top while 3 of you performed under the mark and are in the bottom!
450 days 9 hours ago
FromAWindow
Let’s get the first one out of the way!

In 1st and our winner is…Tim! Y’all know what that means ;)

“Love You” by Tom Ford ft. Poppy Ajudha

Braden:

- Oh NOW WE’RE TALKIN! This starts so weird lmao but when the verse starts this send absolutely makes sense. Omfggggg this is so chill and groovy. A very far out song for this round but tbh it works well, I’m kinda levitating. This is so not what I expected and I’m so here for it!!! THIS GUITAR SOLO YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS GIVE IT TO ME!!!!!!! Oh this ATEEEEEEEEEEE I’m in absolute love with this!!!! The production is so goddamn stellar, my GOD!!!!!! This was incredible. I wanna listen to this on repeat. And that’s where it’s going once the LP is over LMAOOOOO! Incredible send! (1/8)

Eve:

- noooOOO WAIT THIS IS SO. I can see it, like somehow it shouldn’t work but it does. So well. WOW that bass. The vibes fit somehow. And the guitar solo WOW. OH AND THIS ENDING. Yep. I can see it now (1/8)

“Feel The Way I Do” by Primer

Braden:

- Whoa. This hits immediately. The voice is super mature whoa. The song is really nice. I think I get the send with the theme. Idk. I really enjoy this!!!! I do!!! I want this to hit harder I’ll be honest. Something’s missing in this and idk what it is. It’s good though. (2/8)

Eve:

- YEA. Yea this works. I like her voice. This was cute. I liked it! We love a gal on a budget. (2/8)

Tim, it’s been way too long since you won a round especially with all the high placements you’ve gotten, but you finally got it!!! Tom Ford was one of the best songs submitted the whole season that was a SERVE!!!!!! Grats :))
450 days 9 hours ago
FromAWindow
Placing high in 2nd we have…Martini Glass!

“Western Wind” by Carly Rae Jepsen

Braden:

- Good pick, I was always a little confused by why this song was shit on, it’s different for her for sure, but it’s really really gorgeous :)) The drums are so perfect for this, her standard vocal effects work really well on the production of this, too! Just a solid bop!!!! Omg the guitar YAAAAAAAAAAAAS just puts me at ease tbh. I love this song a lot. This is great for this round but also it could’ve totally been used for the other round, too, it’s got that nice beat to it that feels breezy. I really enjoy this song, her vocals are floaty, great pick!!!!  (2/8)

Eve:

- YEA. YEAAAA. Carly Rae Jepsen, queen of pop. This works so well. Calm, cute. We love her. UGH yes. The way it just keeps getting better. Yep. I like this a lot. (2/8)

“California Palms” by Maty Noyes

Braden:

- Alright. Breezy. Beachy. I think this is obviously a very California song. The production is what saves this song for me, it’s super full sounding and the backgrounds blend well into the mix and idk I like this song? It’s not my kind of song generally but this one’s kind of nice and breezy? I like this? I won’t listen to this again but it’s pretty chill and nice! Sure! (4/8)

Eve:

- In a way I think Twilight might’ve ruined a whole generation. Okay truthfully, though this was fun. Cute, very summery, I can totally see this blasting while driving down PCH. Ms. Girl was doing her best acting. Generic but cute. (5/8)
450 days 9 hours ago
FromAWindow
Oh also I forgot to mention, if y’all wanna do the math for this to figure out how y’all ranked with all the songs overall y’all can do that but I cba to do it rn yassss

Placing high, as well, in 3rd we have…My Sushi Cake!

“I Wish You Roses” by Kali Uchis

Braden:

- I get it tbh. I’ve been listening to this song a couple weeks now, it’s really sooooooooooo lovely. Another song where it feels like a soundscape was created just for this song. This is by far my favorite of her newest singles tbh. I get the pick, this really makes you floatttttttttt. The prolonged notes really add to the lightness of this track. Yeah I love that this was sent, yasssssss!!! (4/8)

Eve:

- The way Kali Uchis can come out with songs that are just….fine…and then THIS. I mean goddess. Gorgeous. I am laying in a field, I am driftingggggg. This is so nice. A solid send. (4/8)

“Must Be Dreaming” by Frou Frou

Braden:

- The intro was a bit shell shocking tbh. The chorus is nice though. This song is good in parts and bad in parts for me tbh. The production gets really nice in the chorus and bridge I will say, her voice can be nice, the drums and bass of it all is nice. It’s nice! Not like totally for me but nice!! Ooooh the outro yasssssss okay this turned out to be nice!!! (3/8)

Eve:

- The chorus saved this girlie. An odd send, but not bad. Pretty overall. The outro worked in her favor too. (3/8)
450 days 9 hours ago
FromAWindow
Safe in 4th we have…Heidi Klum Tapeworm!

“Feint” by Greentea Peng

Braden:

- I’m going to sidestep the obvious gamebotting here to focus on the song, but don’t think the obvious gamebotting won’t come into effect with my rankings. This is a fantastic song, my fave of hers from this album, and I’d get choosing this song…in any other category. Idk. To me this gives unsettling vibes, which I’m here for when the song comes on, but not when it’s the round where we’re supposed to feel nice and floaty, ya know? I think the combo of the send in this round and the gamebot nature of this send makes me wanna punish the song, if it was one factor or the other it’d be one thing, but other songs really answered the prompt here and incredibly successfully too :/ Love this song though!!! (8/8)

Eve:

- Sender…I know you know I love Greentea Peng. And arguably a great song, we love this song. BUT PLS this isn’t a sunny meadow. I am not running and dancing, I am not laying down and drifting. I am sad. I am sitting in fetal position (kind of ascending bc I do love her but no). This is not the theme. This took me out of the vibes. Greentea Peng I love you just not in this context. (8/8)

“Roller Coaster” by Chelmico

Braden:

- I’m- lmaooo. I honestly find this super endearing. Like this is super online sounding? And just a little off? But that also adds to the character of the song? The chorus is superrrrrrrr catchy Omg. They’re kinda serving. The production is so in your face but like I love what’s going on. The little flutes? Yessssssssssss. I really enjoy this!!!! Idk what it is but I really enjoy this!!!! The fact it isn’t in English makes this *chefs kiss* I really liked this!!!!! Yaaaaaas!!!! (1/8)

Eve:

- YES LOLLLL. Full stop wtf was this. But also. YES. Like go off electronic flutes. Gals this one worked. Somehow. The quirky white girls wish they did this. Its slightly city pop vibes but also so much more extra and I love them for that. Unexpectedly amazing send. (1/8)
450 days 9 hours ago
FromAWindow
Also safe in 5th we have…Facemask with Bedazzled “Slay”!

“One Night with the Valet” by Tennis

Braden:

- I do already know and love this song tbh, less than two minutes of bliss imo! The production is so up my alley. Very indie duh. It’s very unique and it’s got its own personality, the piano is really really nice, I really enjoy this song a lot!!!! I will say I wish it wasn’t less than two minutes, I could’ve used like another chorus? But besides that I think it’s really really nice and a perfect song for this round! (5/8)

Eve:

- Oh wow. Okay gorgeous. That was really nice, so pretty. A bit short but so good. (5/8)

“Ecstasy” by Rose Gray

Braden:

- There’s a quirky white girl quality to this that just isn’t for me. Idk. There’s some oontz oontz in this to get me bopping. But idk. I’ve heard this sound before and much better tbh. Idk we’re at stage two of this game and I wanna see more than played oontz oontz music. (6/8)

Eve:

- This was a song. I didn’t hate it. I bopped a bit. Like. Good for her. She looked like she was having fun. Giving Mystique. And knockoff Ava Max. Go her. (4/8)
450 days 9 hours ago
FromAWindow
On to the bad news…sorry y’all but only 1 of Biblically Accurate Angel, Booty, and Bullseye the Target Dog will be safe tonight :/

In 8th and last we have…
. .

Booty :/

“Trouble Sleeping” by Corrine Bailey Rae

Braden:

- This is nice. Pretty. I think it’s chill. Idk I don’t have much to say on this one? The horns are nice and her voice is lovely as expected but idk overall I just didn’t really get much with this song, sorry :/ (7/8)

Eve:

- Okay! I want more but it’s cute. Like. It just didn’t quite work for me. (7/8)

“Pretty Baby” by Vanessa Carlton

Braden:

- This is. A send. It’s quite the send really. Like. Idk. This just doesn’t feel upbeat or something that should be blasted? There’s kind of a time and place for this. But either way it’s not my favorite song with or without the theme. Like if this was a STELLAR mid 2000s ballad that’d be one thing but Idk there’s nothing in the instrumentation that stands out. The voice is meh. She’s a little whiney. Idk. Not my fave tbh. (7/8)

Eve:

- She peaked with A Thousand Miles. It was fine but sender…I don’t think it really fit the prompt. (8/8)

I’m sorry Booty :hugs booty:

open group

Window-Palooza 3: Masked!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!