This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S3: Masked! Round 9: Half and Half!

Topic » S3: Masked! Round 9: Half and..

472 days 14 hours ago
FromAWindow
Hello masked contestants and welcome to your NINTH round! Wow!!!!!! Congrats on surviving eight rounds!

Half of the cast has now been eliminated, but don’t worry, THREE of you will make the finale, meaning we have SIX more rounds to go until the finale!!! With this in mind…

This theme is: Half and Half

For this round, I’m asking a simple task. Send a song that sounds like it be categorized in two different genres (as in half in one half in the other. Idk this was hard to name). It doesn’t have to specifically be half one genre and half another, and it can even be a song in one genre that’s influenced by another, I just want to hear a good song that sounds like it’s been inspired by multiple kinds of music! This is wide open to your interpretation :)

Y’all have around 2 days to send your songs! Make sure to send your songs to Tim! Good luck everyone!
469 days 22 hours ago
tbrown_47
1) Cleopatra by The Lumineers

2) Time by George Riley

3) Heat by Archana

469 days 22 hours ago
tbrown_47
4) Days n Nights by Mimikat

5) No Place Like Home by Marianas Trench

6) Edit by Regina Spektor

469 days 22 hours ago
tbrown_47
7) Heart of Light by OPERA SKAALA

8) Top Steppa by Greentea Peng

9) Lxxk 2 U by YENA

https://open.spotify.com/track/5U7emXCoCl8EOEJUVNbguC?si=bpADjV1SSa28plyzBpmYzw

10) Only U by Ashanti

465 days 17 hours ago
FromAWindow
Hello all! Welcome to the results show!!!

This round was wild!!!! My head went for a spin with some of these picks ndfifosksndhfkdossoa so…I suppose good job on the assignment? This was such a wild round lmao. I really appreciated the diversity of the picks!!!

With that said, 3 of you performed well enough to place in the top while 3 of you performed under the mark and are in the bottom! Let’s begin :)
465 days 17 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 7th we have…Green M&M with “Days n Nights” by Mimikat!

- This is pretty. Very coffee shop. Except it sounds slightly like it was recorded inside a coffee shop. This is like. My vibe. But also a bit cheap sounding for me. There needs to be a bit more instrumentation OOOOOOH THE VOICES FLUTTERED yes okay. That moment makes this quite nice. An up and down song tbh. I think with a…production this could’ve been MUCH better but it’s safe for now!!!!!
465 days 17 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 6th we have…Booty with “Edit” by Regina Spektor!

- The transition between the Marianas Trench song to this song really just flung me out of my chair lmaooooo umm. This is good!!! It’s very experimental especially for a Regina Spektor song so like I fully understand the song. It’s successful for me…mostly. I like this for the ideas it presents! I like it mostly. Something’s a little off in the production but yes!!!
465 days 17 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 5th we have…Bullseye the Target Dog with “Heart of Light” by Opera Skaala!

- bdfifosodjfidoskswfjfoeowjsjfoeow this send I CANTTTTTTTTTT I mean. Honestly? As a stand alone piece I kinda live. I have just zero desire to listen to this song after this listen but for now I’m getting my life!!! I’ve always been impressed by opera tbh and combining it with edm music is just about the most Eurovision thing I’ve ever heard. Sure!
465 days 17 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 4th we have…Martini Glass with “Cleopatra” by The Lumineers!

- I will be honest. I have a soft spot for The Lumineers. They are very my vibe after all. Really gorgeous sounding, I love their vocals. Very for me. It could have more of a standout moment and I’d have loved more of a B side but this isn’t peoples go to so I’m fine with this. Kinda safe. But gorgeous!
465 days 16 hours ago
FromAWindow
Sorry had to put the “repeat” setting on the winner of this round whew you really slayed!

Anyways, that means, in the order on my list provided by the group page, the highest and lowest placing songs of the week are:

- Heidi Klum Tapeworm
- Biblically Accurate Angel
- Flora from “Winx Club”
- Facemask with Bedazzled “Slay”
- My Sushi Cake
- Tim
465 days 16 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 3rd we have…Heidi Klum Tapeworm with “Only U” by Ashanti!

- A bit obvious of an artist to send imo but I suppose not in the grand scheme of things. And like. Her music is very up my alley so I’m fine with this. These sirens lmaoooooo yes this is for me!!! I like the guitar in this, matches the theme very well!!! Yeah I enjoy this quite a bit!! Yassss!
465 days 16 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 2nd we have…My Sushi Cake with ”Lxxk 2 U” by YENA!

- I already know who this mask is before Ive even seen the master list. Like. Duh. I love this song sm. I meant to send this to tsc before Eve joined but she kinda showed me this song so I gave it to her to send LMAO. I love this a lot, this answers the prompt exactly head on bc what I love about this the most is it blends kpop production with that Avril Lavigne teeny pop rock sound. I really enjoy this!! But to the sender, if I see another send where I know you know I love this song for any reason I will change my results to eliminate you. Only saying this bc of a previous send, as well as this one, as well as (if my prediction is correct) a previous season of this music game, where you absolutely know my opinion of this song before you sent it. I wanna see YOUR taste and not mine! Enjoy the high placement solely bc of the round, but step it up please! This is your final warning!
465 days 16 hours ago
FromAWindow
This means if Tim is our winner tonight, we will be eliminating TWO contestants!!!

And in 1st and our winner (by quite a large margin might I add) is…

Biblically Accurate Angel with “Heat” by Archana!

- Yeah. This is good. Oh yesssssss this guitar work is so so nice omfg. Everything is coming together really nicely rn. This is building really nicely too, omfg this BREAKDOWN YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS this song is SO STUNNING OMFGGGGGGGGG!!!!!! This is EXACTLY the prompt, could’ve been a usual smooth rnb track but they add in more orchestral instruments and that breakdown my godddddddd!!! This was a STUNNER!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

Damn. You slayed this! The other girls better be watching out bc if you keep this up you will be THE front runner in my mind rn!!!
465 days 16 hours ago
FromAWindow
This means Tim made our bottom three. However…

In 8th we have…Tim with “Big Steppa” by Greentea Peng!

- It’s funny, Greentea peng was probably my least fave Eve send in her short and glorious time in tsc even tho it was one of her wins. And that song was better than this. Like this is fine and good and all and I’m more impressed by this music than some of the other sends this round for sure. Honestly the outro is giving me some life. Overall, it’s a little too bluesy but for no reason that I needed. Like I am impressed by it but I’m also just not sold on this. Could’ve been more cohesive. Now if the send was “Feint” then you likely would’ve won the round, that’s a BOP right there!

This means our bottom two is made up of two masked contestants and one of you will be leaving tonight!
465 days 16 hours ago
FromAWindow
That leaves Flora from “Winx Club” and Facemask with Bedazzled “Slay”. I’ve seen potential in both of you to do very well in this competition. Unfortunately, we will be eliminating one of you tonight.

In 10th, and eliminated in last place tonight, we have…
465 days 16 hours ago
FromAWindow
. .

Flora from “Winx Club” with “No Place Like Home” by Marianas Trench.

- Oh. This could be for me. Oh. But it isn’t. It started in the right direction but this song is giving me whiplash. Omg. There are just too many components to this. I’m starting to feel a little drained by this song. I’m very sorry sender, I very much appreciate the big swing on this but I just can’t connect with this at all :/

I’m very sorry Flora, that means you’re eliminated tonight :hugs:

open group

Window-Palooza 3: Masked!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!