This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S3: Masked! Round 6: Mainstream-A-Palooza

Topic » S3: Masked! Round 6:..

503 days 3 hours ago
FromAWindow
Hello masked contestants and welcome to your SIXTH round! Wow!!! Congrats on surviving five rounds!

As it’s the New Years and everyone has a party with friends and such, I think it’s time to celebrate something that brings us together: crowd pleasers!

This theme is: Mainstream-A-Palooza

For this round, I’m asking a simple task. Send a song that is a mainstream hit! Send a song that played on the radio that’s a favorite of yours! It can be from any time or decade, but just send something people would know and dance to! This is the one time I’m allowing this lmao. I’m not exactly looking for something new here, if I have a bias towards one of my favorite songs I will likely show it in my rankings :)

To anyone who’s in this game and is also in BETA, please don’t send anything I’ve sent. Anything y’all have sent is okay :)

Y’all have like 2 days to send your songs! Make sure to send your songs to Tim! Good luck everyone!
500 days 10 hours ago
tbrown_47
1) Closer by Tegan and Sara

2) Dance to This by Troye Siva ft. Ariana Grande
https://youtu.be/MrMAfMbZOmg

3) Like a G6 by Far East Movement feat. The Cataracs, Dev
500 days 10 hours ago
tbrown_47
4) Love So Soft by Kelly Clarkson
https://youtu.be/Zy6vBxqlapw

5) Fast Car by Tracy Chapman

6) Scandalous by Miss-teeq
500 days 10 hours ago
tbrown_47
7) True by Spandou Ballet

8) Bad Girls by Donna Summer

9) La Isla Bonita by Madonna
500 days 10 hours ago
tbrown_47
10) Can't Get You Out of My Head by Kylie Minogue

11) APESHIT by The Carters
https://youtu.be/kbMqWXnpXcA

12) Evacuate the Dancefloor by Cascade

13) Juice by Lizzo
.be
497 days 3 hours ago
FromAWindow
Hello all! Welcome to the results show!!!

There were not as many classics/obvious choices as I thought there’d be but honestly I’m not complaining this was a great round :)

With that said, 5 of you performed well enough to place in the top while 3 of you performed under the mark and are in the bottom!
497 days 3 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 10th we have…My Sushi Cake with “Like a G6” by Far East Movement!

- I literally just sang this to my six month old nephew, gotta start em young. This won’t be anywhere near the top but like this song is absolutely iconic. What a fucking stupid song lmaoooooo. This song is like so mindless. Respect, sender :)
497 days 3 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 9th we have…Orangutan with “Fast Car” by Tracy Chapman!

- I’ve never loved this quite as much as the rest of society but this is just so lovely. It doesn’t really move past lovely but it is so so lovely. The part at 2 minutes outsells so hard. This really is nice. Sure! It’s safe imo :)
497 days 3 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 8th we have…Flora from “Winx Club” with “Evacuate the Dancefloor” by Cascada!

- This is just sooooooooooo its time lmao like. Bop don’t get me wrong but wow am I transported when I hear this omfgggg. This isn’t my absolute favorite sound, early 2010s pop was never for me. But this is a well done version of it that I can’t deny that I’d absolutely dance to this at a club and would indeed not evacuate the dancefloor. Bop!
497 days 3 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 7th we have…Martini Glass with ““La Isla Bonita” by Madonna!

- This is just really nice. Her voice isn’t but shhhhh. This song is just a moment. It’s fun, it’s breezy, it feels before its time in a way tbh, like so many of her songs (especially from this album) feel like they defined the times or were emblematic of the times…except for this? Both are valid and well done and this is well done :) Downpoints for her voice but bop :))
497 days 3 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 6th we have…Green M&M with “Dance To This” by Troye Sivan, Ariana Grande!

- Shocked there weren’t any other Ari submissions. I do really like this, I’m biased of course, but this is just so chill. Good production, they both sound a little unenergetic but it’s fine tbh because that’s kinda the point of the song? The bridge is what sells this. It’s not ground breaking but it’s just really nice and Ari sounds fantastic per usual. :)
497 days 3 hours ago
FromAWindow
That means, in the order on my list provided by the group page, the highest and lowest placing songs of the week are:

- Heidi Klum Tapeworm
- Biblically Accurate Angel
- Peach the Cat
- Booty
- Bullseye the Target Dog
- Ruler
- Facemask with Bedazzled “Slay”
- Tim

We will now go in order from 5th to 1st to see who the best performers of the week are!
497 days 3 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 5th we have…Biblically Accurate Angel with “Juice” by Lizzo!

- I mean I do love this song. It’s not my favorite of hers (“Tempo” anyone?) but this album really is such a slay for me, a shame she went downhill this past year. Just so classic and poppy and fun! This came out like right before retro stuff was becoming the trend again, trend setter much? Literally like my 5th or so favorite from this album but who cares it’s a bop :) Keep serving miss Angel!
497 days 3 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 4th we have…Facemask with Bedazzled “Slay” with “Can’t Get You Out of My Head” by Kylie Minogue!

- It’s crazy to me this is her biggest song idk why. I mean. It’s a bop it’s incredibly house pop which like is never gonna go poorly for me unless it’s cheap and like. She had the BUDGET tbh. It’s wild how long her career has lasted tbh. This is like if a woman’s voice was on a daft punk track to me. Loves me some Kylie, I do love this song so much :) Great job sender!
497 days 3 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 3rd we have…Booty with “True” by Spandau Ballet!

- Wow. What a send. This made me laugh a little but also warmed my heart to see this submitted. This is just sooooooooooooo 80s it makes me laugh. But don’t get it wrong sender please know I loveeeeeee this song. It feels parody because it’s just so over dramatic and for what but also this instrumental just gives the entire song. Like that brass solo is soooooo lovely. Iconic song! Great job being in the top miss Booty!
497 days 3 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 2nd we have…Tim with “Bad Girls” by Donna Summer!

- Look I always have time for a little Summer Donna disco moment! Not my favorite by her, “Last Dance” will ALWAYS be that bitch, but I mean. It’s got a groovy guitar, the beats are funky, everything is just sooooooo fun!!! Just a really well done song! Dances sm!

open group

Window-Palooza 3: Masked!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!