This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S3: Masked! Round 4: >4:30

Topic » S3: Masked! Round 4: >4:30

510 days 5 hours ago
FromAWindow
Hello masked contestants and welcome to your FOURTH round! Wow! Congrats on surviving three rounds!

This round I hope to be listening to these songs while driving with my family for 12 hours as we road-trip to my extended family’s town, so I’m gonna be in need of songs that can help me pass the time. So! With that in mind…

This theme is: >4:30

For this round, I’m asking a simple task. Send a song that is over 4 minutes and 30 seconds. I’d go for the 5 minutes but there are plenty of worthy songs to send that are 4:30 and that seems long enough to me before we constrict the amount of songs you guys have in your library to choose from :)

Y’all have hopefully like 2 days to send your songs because I will want to be able to judge these on the 26th! But if that’s too short notice, which would be understandable because of the holidays, I’ll judge them on my flight on the 30th! Yay! Make sure to send your songs to Tim! Good luck everyone!
507 days 8 hours ago
tbrown_47
1) 25 by The Pretty Reckless

2) Champagne Supernova by Oasis

3) Do You Need My Love by Weyes Blood

.be&ab_channel=MexicanSummer
507 days 8 hours ago
tbrown_47
4) Fallingwater by Maggie Rogers

.be&ab_channel=MaggieRogersVEVO

5) Final Distance by Utada Hikaru

6) Masterclass by Thee Dian feat. Crystal Murray x Le Diouck x Lagrace x Calamity

507 days 8 hours ago
tbrown_47
7) Bull Believer by Wednesday

8) Voulez-Vous by ABBA

.be&ab_channel=AbbaVEVO

9) Why iii Love the Moon. by Phony Ppl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=0Y6Uy_-hJRQ&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=thekryptoncowboy
507 days 8 hours ago
tbrown_47
10) 4:44: The Things They Did For Me Out of Love by Yeule

11) Clarity by Zedd feat. Foxes

12) If I Was a God by Natalia Kills

507 days 8 hours ago
tbrown_47
13) Destiny by Zero 7

14) Nothing Without You by Tanerelle

15) Hard Drive by Cassandra Jenkins

506 days ago
FromAWindow
Hello all! Welcome to the results show!!!

Im going to start by saying this was probably my least favorite of the rounds thus far, which is a shame, though I suppose that makes sense considering this is the most specific of the themes thus far. The bottom 3 really all could’ve gone home in the other rounds. I’m not saying this to chastise you or anything, sorry if this brings you down, more so as a warning that if you don’t step it up as the number of people dwindle, I might not be as lenient with songs I don’t particularly like :)

With that said, 4 of you performed well enough to place in the top while 3 of you performed under the mark and are in the bottom!
506 days ago
FromAWindow
In 12th we have…Orangutan with “Masterclass” by Thee Dian, Le Diouck, Crystal Murray, Calamity, Lagrace!

- This is not my favorite. I like the sentiment but I’m not feeling this beat. Some parts of it are nice. Actually halfway thru when the horns come in it all comes together tbh. This still did pass me by in a sense but I do like this enough! Sure! Safe! Too safe for you after two wins unfortunately :/
506 days ago
FromAWindow
In 11th we have…Tim with “Bull Believer” by Wednesday!

- Hmmmm okay. It is a bit noisy yet indie which is a great start! I do love the noise of it all and her voice is cool. So far, I think I respect this more than I like it? Omg it’s getting a little batshit lmao yesss. This is a little all over the place tho lmao. OMG YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LMAOOOOO oh the cry singing is getting me, I do like this I promise lmaooooooooo. This isn’t a winner but I loveeeeeee this for what it is like omg what an EXPERIENCE the way all of these songs should be. Tim you only slightly missed here, this was still a standout :)
506 days ago
FromAWindow
In 10th we have…Flora from “Winx Club” with “Final Distance (m-flo remix)” by Hikaru Utada!

- Oh I have a…whoa. That started so sweet and then went into the future lmao. Well the future for 2001 ya know. I’m a little…confused? Is the original this odd sounding? Like it’s fine. This could’ve been a serve, and I can see the validity in the send but it’s also not totally my sound. Okay nvm halfway through it’s getting life changing. Yeah the last half really saved it. This turned out to be pretty cool and a little ahead of its time!
506 days ago
FromAWindow
In 9th we have…Green M&M with “Fallingwater” by Maggie Rogers!

- This makes the third song from this album submitted over three seasons of this series. This is nice. She fell off hard with the latest album imo so her hit making album was probably the better idea. Idk how you’d know this, sender, but I don’t love when people change tempos mid song as a shift in the song. Idk. Just feels lazy as a way to make differentiation in a song. But, luckily, I like this album so this is a good submission in my book if a little safe.
506 days ago
FromAWindow
In 8th we have…My Sushi Cake “The Things They Did for Me Out of Love” by yeule!

- DNDIDODJDJOSNGGKGOFISJSS BE FUCKING FOR REAL BESTIE LMAOOOOOOOOOO I umm. I don’t know how to judge this solely because I’m not actually on the road trip on the day I’m listening to this so like I kinda can’t listen to ya know the full thing. I will say. This is gorgeous. The vocals and the way the song plays with major vs minor scales is really gorgeous. I don’t think I can safely put this in the top despite its production simple because there’s no feasible way I can listen to all of this. So take my absolute respect and for sending the most noteworthy send this round and know how much I appreciate you, sender :)
506 days ago
FromAWindow
In 7th we have…Bullseye the Target Dog with “Do You Need My Love” by Weyes Blood!

- I mean mother. And I appreciate a send not from her two most popular albums. I will say I think there’s a reason those two albums are the critically acclaimed ones, this is nice but nothing exactly earth-shattering. However, I will always be a sucker for anyone paying homage to the 60s and 70s especially in this authentic a production and sound. I’ve always thought she sounds just like Joni Mitchell ugh her voice is so gorgeous. The bridge ATEEEE I must admit but she has MUCH better so I can’t bring this up all the way.
506 days ago
FromAWindow
In 6th we have…Heidi Klum Tapeworm with “Hard Drive” by Cassandra Jenkins!

- I skimmed this last year when it came out but didn’t really pay attention to it. Probably bc of its beginning spoken word nature. But omg this saxophone of course it’s soothing me. It’s a shame, I can’t pay attention to spoken word when there’s music playing behind it, especially well done music like this. Her voice is pretty. Gorgeous actually, I wish she was singing more though I respect the path of this song and what she’s taking with it to tell a story. Great bass too. It’s not changing my life but I do enjoy this :) This wasn’t exactly the one for me, sender, but keep bringing in well done music :)
506 days ago
FromAWindow
In 5th we have…Booty with “Destiny” by Zero 7, Sia, Sophie Barker!

- This is soooooooooo of its time. It is nowhere close to the best interpretation of this genre, and the Sia’s voice is not doing it for me, but this is kinda pretty I can’t lie. Im a sucker for so many elements of this: nighttime jam, accents of flute, 2000s style harmonies, gorgeous acoustic guitar. Yeah this is just really nice. It’s just really pretty. Aged super well too, I’m a fan of this :)
506 days ago
FromAWindow
That means, in the order on my list provided by the group page, the highest and lowest placing songs of the week are:

- Stingy from “Lazytown”
- Biblically Accurate Angel
- Peach the Cat
- Ruler
- Facemask with Bedazzled “Slay”
- Martini Glass
- Kangaroo

We will now go in order from 4th to 1st to see who the best performers of the week are!

open group

Window-Palooza 3: Masked!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!